Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

+18
raine1953
jeanne1807
Lilone
cherylz
NiteSpinR
adelacruz
charminglane
CritterFan1
janie
artgal16
trishd54
lisette
Marica
frogs
Nama
TerryRose
ladyjustice37
Wrapitup
22 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 3 Empty Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 pm

omg His Mother is something else. Of course blame everyone but Ron. Ms Neves' raise your own grandchildren rather than push them off on your elderly Mother. Shame on you. She is either lazy or just plan don't give a crap and that is part of the reason HaLeigh is still missing is she enables her Son. I know she has used her connections to keep Ron out of jail. She disgust me.

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 3 Empty Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Theresa Neves said: She said she did not know the roles all those who were arrested played in the drug case but thinks Misty Croslin was at it's center.

"He shouldn't have been talking to Misty Croslin," she said. "She brought his butt into this."
Another mother that thinks her son is a choir boy. Wake up, already!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Today, Greenwood said the drug case and the case involving Haleigh's disappearance remain separate, but he expects the two investigations to intersect at some point in the future.
"These two investigations will collide," Greenwood said. "Their paths will cross eventually."

However, he said it was not the investigation's intent to develop the drug case in order to make progress on the young girl's disappearance, which is approaching its one-year anniversary.

"Hopefully, something will come out of it on the Haleigh side, but that was not the intention," Greenwood said. "This was totally unrelated. It was a very good narcotics case."
When asked about the familiarity of Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings and their alleged dealing, Greenwood said, "They've been in the media spotlight since Day One."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-haleigh-cummings-misty-dad-arrested-20100121,0,7483449.story?page=3
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Theresa Neves said: She said she did not know the roles all those who were arrested played in the drug case but thinks Misty Croslin was at it's center.

"He shouldn't have been talking to Misty Croslin," she said. "She brought his butt into this."

:fight:
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Poor Junior, he may as well go on and get fitted for an orange jumpsuit, too. If they do not get him away from that family I see no hope for his future.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh, Critter, sadly I agree with you, especially since we see that the drug bust includes at least one other member of Gr-Grandma Sykes family. I had hoped that she and her daughter, Grandma, were on the up and up but it looks less likely that they are ideal moms for this boy when more than one member of their family is heavily involved in drug trafficking.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:39 pm

I don't see the court taking that little boy out of a home he has been in and out of his whole life. It is a shame as I know it is not in his best interest to stay with Great Grandma. Any mention on the news if Crystal is going to be at the hearing asking for custody?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 3 Empty Donna Brock, Tim Miller and EquuSearch

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Letter to Donna Brock from the board at EquuSearch
Please allow this letter to serve as your official termination from Texas
EquuSearch. This was a unanimous decision reached by the Board of Directors.
Accordingly, you are to no longer represent yourself as being a member of Texas
EquuSearch, a volunteer of Texas EquuSearch, or in any way affiliated with Texas
EquuSearch.
A formal request is being made herein for you to return any t-shirts, hats,
identification badge or anything else in your possession with the Texas EquuSearch
logo or artwork to this office at the above address immediately.

There are some people that question the integrity of Tim Miller and his organization and the Donna Brock letter is a great example. Within less than 28 days she went from being the ‘pet’ of the organization to someone that required removal. Tim Miller made lots of hay with the story about ‘his’ Donna Brock’ helping crack the Haleigh Cummings story. Nancy Grace was on it like ‘white on rice’ (well once it was explained to her).

So what went wrong? Why did Donna Brock find herself on the outs? One day she is Tim Millers best buddy, the next she is toast!

A standing joke in the industry about Tim Miller… nah, this is not the time nor place. It will come out, and maybe Donna Brock will be the person that reveals it. Sitting in jail with a $250,000 bond problem does give people lots of time to reflect. Will she spill the beans?

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/123604
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:53 pm

BJ, you drop a tantalizing, mysterious hint and you leave us hanging!------ confused :bounce: :scratch:

I know you are not into vicious gossip, but do your hints have to be that subtle? Can't you give us a little more hints about the "standing joke in the industry"?
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 pm

I have so many comments I don't even know where to start.

First of all, I am sick and tired of Simon Barrett putting Tim Miller down. I do not see Simon out there actively looking for Haleigh, Adji or any other missing child. How dare he put Tim Miller down who has found more children and adults than Simon could ever hope to find. Shut up, Simon!! This is NOT about Tim Miller.

Mother Teresa needs to get a real grip. To infer that Misty dragged him into trafficking drugs is ridiculous. No one is forcing Ron to do anything. He damn sure wasn't out there looking for his daughter. And that shit eating grin on his face speaks Volumes.

Now, this is Misty's first rodeo and it's evident she is scared to death. I am praying LE or the Feds will offer her immunity to the drug charges if she talks. Anything. Offer her anything to get her to talk.

Praying, I don't understand what you mean about money being moved around last night or however you put it. Can you please explain? And Praying was the one that IM'd me with a link that Ron was in jail and it took off from there, so Thank You!!

Linda Marie, the reason that Misty and Hank, Jr. are in St. John's County is that is where they were dealing. I do not know why Ron is in Flagler, but he has darkened that county jails doors before. I think they are trying to keep Ron and Misy as separate as possible to see what their stories are.

I completely agree that poor little Jr. needs to get the hell out of that home. Why would the great grandmother be taking care of a 4 year old? I would hope that Crystal will show up at the custody hearing.

TR, Crystal was not taking illegal drugs. She is allegedly or was allegedly hooked on Lortab. I have no clue what her status is at this point but I pray she has straightened out and she will get custody.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:56 pm

The standing joke about TM is that he is a drunk. And Simon seems to enjoy spinning that joke.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:04 pm

according to wftv on why ron is where he is:

Ronald Cummings is being held in Flagler County after being transferred from the jail in Putnam County. He was transferred for his safety because his status was so-high profile due to the Haleigh Cummings case.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Wrap, and the lowdown on Crystal's earlier rejection for custody. I like Crystal for some reason I cannot explain and would have liked to see her kids in her custody since this all first began. I hope she is leading a good life right now so that she could make that happen. BTW, great post above! (Love your descriptive phrase about Ron's smile! ROFLMAO )
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:10 pm

I have to wonder if Donna Brock did a job on Miller... in other words snowed him into thinking she was oh so clever and the perfect spy... Donna looked hard as nails back when she playing the big sister to Misty, but she looks like forged steel now.
As for Little Miss Misty dragging big boy Ronald into something, the only thing she ever managed to get him to do was get him in bed and then to the JP. Neither one of those two are smart enough to be dealers.. they are nothing more than disposable clerks for the shop operator. I am sure Misty will open her yap now that there is some real pressure on her. If any of these people get bonded out, LE will be watching the money trail. Interesting that Ronald has no bond. Sounds like they plan on keeping him on ice for a while. Those people are gonna suffer coming off the drugs they have been doing.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:23 pm

I think Donna played Tim Miller and Misty and Donna had a good old time. I could be wrong.

Ron does have a bond. It is half a million dollars. It might as well be no bond as he will not get out.

Now that the feds and LE have them where they want them, they will brow beat the heck out of Misty. I look for her to break. Also, remember the Nay Nay letter. I look for Nay Nay and possibly Amber and White Boy Greg to be back in the clinker soon cause when Misty spills her guts, she will spill it all. I know she is afraid of Ron and that is why I think he is in another county. Not because of the high profile status. The reporters can drive to Flagler County as easy as they can St. John's County.

BJ, where did you get the pics of the Crying Croslin's?

TR, I bet Ron's SE grin is gone today now that he is off the drugs. I bet they are all jonesing like mad. a fit
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

I am not sure Misty will tell the truth if offered a plea. I pray there is no plea and 25 yrs or more in the slammer where she belongs. Ron is high profile because of HaLeigh's case? I don't think so. I think he was an informant for LE is why he needs to be protected. In any case I am glad he is separated from his partners in crime.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:50 pm

I don't care how long she stays in jail or prison as long as she tells what she knows. Same for Ron and Tommy and the other two. Just spill it. What happened that night? It's not rocket science.

Ron is NOT high profile. MISTY IS!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin in Court on Drug Charges
Josey Crews Gary Detman Created: 1/20/2010 11:26:49 PM Updated: 1/21/2010 4:28:54 PM

PALAKTA, Fla. -- The father of Haleigh Cummings, his ex-wife and her brother were in court Thursday morning to face drug trafficking charges.

Several law enforcement agencies Wednesday night arrested 26-year-old Ronald Cummings, 18-year-old Misty Croslin, and 23-year-old Tommy Croslin on charges of trafficking in prescription medications.

The arrests happened more than eleven months after the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, Ronald's daughter, while in the care of Misty Croslin.

Haleigh, 5-years-old at the time of her disappearance, vanished sometime after Croslin said she put the girl to bed at the couple's home in Satsuma.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said its investigation began when a tipster told authorities the group had been selling drugs.

Investigators say a total of seven buys took place, all involving the drugs Hydrocodone and Oxycodone.

Authorities arrested five people in all. Hope Sykes, a cousin of Ronald Cummings, is among them along with Donna Broch of Orlando.

Misty Croslin faces six counts of trafficking in prescription medications. She's being held on a $950,000 bond at the St. Johns County Detention Center.

Ronald Cummings faces three counts of trafficking in prescription medications. He was held on a $500,000 bond at the Putnam County Jail Wednesday night and later booked into the Flagler County Jail.

Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. faces one count of trafficking in prescription medications. He's being held on a $100,000 bond at the St. Johns County Detention Center.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said the arrests will give investigators a chance to question the group about the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings.

The little girl hasn't been seen since she went to bed on the night of February 9. Misty Croslin said she tucked the girl in around 8 p.m. Seven hours later, Misty noticed Haleigh missing.

Misty Croslin lived in the house with Ronald Cummings. The two married several weeks after Haleigh disappeared, spent part of their honeymoon in New York City while appearing on NBC's The Today Show, and ultimately divorced last fall.

Investigators say Misty Croslin may hold the key to finding Haleigh.

Must see video of Ron and Misty in court today here:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151021&provider=rss
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:10 pm

TIM MILLER TALKS CANDIDLY ABOUT DONNA BROCK; AND THE MISTY CUMMINGS TAPES EXPOSED
By Steph

SUNDAY NIGHT AT 8:00 P.M., only on blogtalkradio.com/Watts-Up-With-This

Tune in to my radio show Sunday night for a live candid interview with Texas EquuSearch founder, Tim Miller. He will talk candidly about Donna Brock, the woman now charged, along with Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings, in an undecover drug sting. Donna use to work for Miller, and was working as a “double agent,” by befriending Misty Croslin and providing information to the Putnam County Sherriff’s Dept. After a road rage incident, and my reporting of Donna Brock distributing drugs to Misty while on a interview in NY, Miller released brock for TES, and the police no longer required her services. But Brock continued her “friendship” with Misty, spiraling out of control, and ending up jailed in a drug sting operation.

Also, in another exclusive interview, Jacgue Hollander heard all the illegal wire tap tapes Brock made of Misty Croslin. Hollander will relay, in detail what she heard on those tapes and how she belives Brock knows where Haliegh Cummings is. Will Brock sing like a church brid now that the long arm of the law has caught up with her?? You’ll hear this ONLY on “watts-Up-With-This??”!!!!!

Stay Tuned
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I don't care how long she stays in jail or prison as long as she tells what she knows. Same for Ron and Tommy and the other two. Just spill it. What happened that night? It's not rocket science.

Ron is NOT high profile. MISTY IS!!!!
I still wonder if Misty can have any clear recollections of that night. I think she was totally smashed, stoned, whatever you want to call it, and even if she did see or do something, she can hardly remember it. This is not an excuse for her, just my own observations. That night, too bad the responding cops didn't do a drug test on her because that might explain a lot. For instance, her saying much later, she vaguely recalls somebody being there but like in a dream or something---she was stoned. Once again, as in other cases when a child is missing, I wish these people would ask for and be granted a truth serum or hypnosis just to assist them in remembering.

Just on a side note: Last year this same girl looked so very lovely and now look at how quickly drugs have taken their toll on her appearance. What a shame to waste oneself this way.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:27 pm

I have always said she was probably in a black out. But, prior to the black out, I want to hear a play by play of what transpired that day/night. What time did Ron go to work, did she make dinner, what time did she make dinner, what did she make for dinner, did she do the dishes, explain the blanket and sheets scenario and on and on.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:56 pm

by Wrapitup Today at 6:10 pm TIM MILLER TALKS CANDIDLY ABOUT DONNA BROCK; AND THE MISTY CUMMINGS TAPES EXPOSED
By Steph SUNDAY NIGHT AT 8:00 P.M., only on blogtalkradio.com/Watts-Up-With-This

There is no link for those of us that might want to tune in.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:02 pm

by TerryRose Today at 4:53 pm BJ, you drop a tantalizing, mysterious hint and you leave us hanging!---
That's Simon's hint. I just copy and paste.
by Wrapitup Today at 5:23 pm BJ, where did you get the pics of the Crying Croslin's?
Standard answer: If I told you I'd have to kill you.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:11 pm

BJ in OR wrote:
by Wrapitup Today at 6:10 pm TIM MILLER TALKS CANDIDLY ABOUT DONNA BROCK; AND THE MISTY CUMMINGS TAPES EXPOSED
By Steph SUNDAY NIGHT AT 8:00 P.M., only on blogtalkradio.com/Watts-Up-With-This

There is no link for those of us that might want to tune in.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Whats this about a letter someone wrote at a party that a child swallowed some pills and died? I remember something about it but if anyone knows details please post again.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:23 pm

by artgal16 Today at 8:17 pm Whats this about a letter someone wrote at a party that a child swallowed some pills and died? I remember something about it but if anyone knows details please post again.
It was on Art Harris' blog. He doesn't like anyone copying and pasting from his site. Here is the link.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/09/23/letter-from-misty-galpal-did-haleigh-cummings-od/
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks, BJ. I was going to copy and paste it here as well:

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5281690.php
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 3 Empty I will survive

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Thank you for posting the link I remember now.
But the party wasnt at the trailor was it?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm

They are saying that Haleigh could have taken a pill thinking it was candy - but these pills are so bitter
and childrens first reaction to candy is to suck -
would they swallow them? Also if there were a lot of pills around the house a lot, Haleigh probably was warned not to touch them too. She knew about medicine as she took some for her condition. I would have thought that they would have told her those pills were daddys or Mistys medicine.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:47 pm

I don't think the party was at the trailer. I think it was at White Boy Gregg's roommates house.

Good question on the pills. I know for a fact some narcotic pills have a bitter taste and some don't. Xanax has a horrible taste, Valium has no taste. So, I really don't know.

Personally, I think she was done in when she got in the middle of Ron and Misty fighting as she had been on the 3 day bender. We still have had no confirmation as to what time Ron clocked into work.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 3 Empty Unconfirmed report that Crystal got full custody of Jr. today

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:50 pm

And that Teresa Neves and GGMA Sykes so far have no visitation rights. Crystal to get Jr. tomorrow.

I am trying to confirm now.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Crystal has gotten custody its been reported. Better than the great-grandmother taking care of Junior.
Lets hope Crystal can provide a better environment
than Ron.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Vicodine is very bitter. I dont believe Haleigh would take the pills. She knew about medicine she had a condition where she took medication. I cannot believe she touched the pills.

Last edited by artgal16 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:24 pm

I can find no confirmation that Cyrstal has gotten full custody of Jr. Art Harris said he had a source tell him that she did. I have looked all over the web. I think that she most likely did and for that, I think many of us will breath a sigh of relief, probably even Jr.

I think that a Great Grandmother who obviously enabled her grandson should not get full custody.

I bet Ron is livid pissed. First of all, he is coming down from the drugs. He is in jail on half a million dollar bond. He cannot smoke, drink, take pills, walk the streets, see his family, see Misty, have sex (yuk!) or run his mouth. I would love to see a pic of him now compared to the shit eating grin he had on his face last night. Reality truly bites!!!!

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Haleigh Cummings' father, former stepmom in trouble again. Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin accused of trafficking in prescription medications
BY LARRY HANNAN, DANA TREEN, JIM SCHOETTLERSTORY UPDATED AT 8:15 PM ON THURSDAY, JAN. 21, 2010

Instead of marking the anniversary of her disappearance, the tumultuous end to a year in the search for Haleigh Cummings has collapsed into a mix of deeper troubles for her father and former stepmother and what investigators hope is a shot to solve the case.

The arrest Wednesday evening of Ronald Cummings and his former wife, Misty Croslin, on drug-trafficking charges could mean dozens of years in prison for the pair, whose relationship has been either building again in the past months or is nothing but an attempt by Cummings to discover a deep secret about Haleigh’s disappearance, family and investigators said.

“They’re gone for years,” said Lindsy Croslin, of possible sentences faced by her 18-year-old sister-in-law and others charged in the case. That includes her husband Hank Croslin Jr., Cummings’ cousin Hope A. Sykes and Misty Croslin’s friend Donna M. Brock.
“She’s going to lose her whole life over this,” Lindsy Croslin said of Misty.

The five were charged following the monthlong investigation that involved 330 pills of oxycodone and hydrocodone. One undercover agent bought drugs several times then offered to sell pills before the arrests were made. The estimated street value was $3,900.

Misty Croslin is being held on $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Croslin Jr., $100,000.
Misty Croslin faces six counts of trafficking in prescription medications, while Cummings, 26, is charged with three counts. Croslin Jr., Sykes and Brock each face one count of trafficking in prescription medications. All but Brock are from Satsuma. Brock is from Orlando and was with Misty when they were pulled over in October in Central Florida accused of road rage.

At an afternoon news conference, Dominick Pape, special agent-in-charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement office in Jacksonville, said an investigation into where the prescription medication came from is still occurring and more arrests are expected.

Misty Croslin faces 74 years in prison if she is convicted of all six counts and the maximum sentence is imposed, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, which led the operation after a tip from the street. Cummings faces a possible 43 years in prison.

Greenwood said the drug investigation was kept separate from the search for answers in the disappearance of Haleigh, who was 5 when she vanished from the double-wide mobile home in Satsuma that Cummings and Misty Croslin shared with Haleigh and his then 3-year-old son, Ronald Jr.
Haleigh, whose disappearance was reported in a 3:27 a.m. 911 call on Feb. 10 remains missing.

It is the first time Misty Croslin has been arrested, her family said Thursday at their mobile home in Satsuma about a block from where she and Cummings lived.
For almost a year, detectives have said she is the key to the case as her stories have been inconsistent. Greenwood said detectives in Haleigh’s case will be asking her and the others arrested what they know.
“It’s really too early in the case to know if it is the break,” Greenwood said. “I’m going to be honest, we hope [it is].”

Palatka attorney Robert Fields, who has represented Misty Croslin during the investigation, said he was able to speak with her briefly Wednesday night.
“It’s still evolving,” he said. Fields said whether the drug case has any relation to the Haleigh investigation is up for speculation.

“Intelligent people can differ on that, so we’ll see what happens,” he said.

With the exception of Sykes, everyone arrested Wednesday has had an involvement in the case.
In a roller-coaster relationship, Misty Croslin married Cummings in a backyard ceremony at his grandmother’s not long after Haleigh disappeared. The relationship deteriorated and the couple divorced.
The two had begun seeing each other again, though family members of the two differ on what the relationship means.

“He shouldn’t have been talking to Misty Croslin,” said Cummings mother, Teresa Neves. “She brought his butt into this.”

Cummings and his former wife had been seeing each other occasionally and were to meet Wednesday about 5 p.m. after he finished working at a tree-trimming job, Neves said.

She said she believes her son and Sykes were staying in contact with Misty Croslin in the hopes of learning what happened to Haleigh.

“They didn’t see a lot of each other,” she said.
She said she the arrest of her former daughter-in-law could mean a break.

“I think she will talk with the hopes of getting out,” Neves said.

She believes Misty Croslin’s bail was set purposely high to keep her locked up.

“Maybe she’ll flip and tell us where Haleigh is,” she said. “That is the only [good] thing that can come out of this.”
At the Croslins’ mobile home, family members said there a stronger relationship was evolving between the divorced couple.

Lisa Croslin, Misty’s mother, said Cummings last week paid for a tattoo inked on her daughter’s lower back.
“It’s like a tribal thing with his name on top of it,” she said. “Ronald Cummings Sr. is what it says.”
Cummings and his former wife talked daily and saw each other as often as every other day, she said.
“She would spend the night over there and everything,” she said.

Hank Croslin Sr. said he believes investigators are misguided. While he and his wife signed permission papers so their 17-year-old daughter could marry Cummings, he later began having misgivings.
“Ronald marries her,” he said. “He doesn’t act like somebody whose baby is gone. He doesn’t.”
The focus on his daughter should be shifted, he said.
“They need to investigate that family like they have ours,” he said. He said he believes his daughter has increased as a target since turning 18 in December.
For detectives, there are reasons to talk with the others who were arrested in the undercover operation.
When Croslin Jr. was arrested on unrelated charges in September, he told detectives for the first time that he had been at Cummings’ trailer the night Haleigh disappeared and banged on the window looking for his sister after Cummings repeatedly called from work. Croslin said no one answered his knocks.
Brock once was a member of EquuSearch, a Texas-based volunteer group that does horseback and other searches for missing people. For a time last summer, Brock was subsidized by the group to befriend Misty Croslin, said EquuSearch founder Tim Miller. Miller’s group spent 12 days in Satsuma unsuccessfully searching for Haleigh when she first disappeared.

He said Brock befriended Croslin and took her to Universal Studios and on other trips in an effort to learn more about what may have happened to Haleigh.
Miller said he sent Brock a certified letter about three months ago telling her she was being dropped from the organization.

As the February anniversary of the disappearance approaches, some plans to mark the year have been scrambled but not abandoned. Neves said her son’s bail is too high for the family to afford, but they will still do what they can to focus on her missing granddaughter.
“Hopefully Misty will talk and Haleigh will come home,” she said.
Neves said Ronald Jr. is staying with her mother.
“He’s doing very well,” she said.
Crystal Sheffield, the mother of Haleigh and Ronald Jr. could not be reached Thursday. Sheffield has been estranged from Cummings for several years.

Times-Union writers Larry Hannan and Jim Schoettler contributed to this report.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2010-01-21/story/haleigh_cummings_father_former_stepmom_in_trouble_again
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Wrapitup wrote:And that Teresa Neves and GGMA Sykes so far have no visitation rights. Crystal to get Jr. tomorrow.

I am trying to confirm now.
I hope it is so.

Regarding children's swallowing things, sometimes they do surprise us---my own swallowed buttons, coins, and a plum pit before I even knew what they were doing, and why would they do that? I would ponder this, totally perplexed. I heard of others swallowing much more hazardous stuff that would have been unpalatable. The stuff my kids swallowed, you just watch for it to come out later, but pills are another story. She seems to have been too old, however, for that behavior, but you never know at age 5, you could be right in that theory, especially if she saw the adults in her life consuming the stuff and was just copying their behavior.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:45 pm

My grandson, Noah, age 3.8 years, knows medicines are NOT to be touched. My son and DIL keep them out of reach. However, he was at my house about two weeks ago and was asleep on my bed. I had the baby in the living room. Noah wakes up and come out to the living room. When I picked up the baby and start to head back to my room, Noah makes a mad dash and says, "KK, don't come in yet." I knew something was up. I open the door and the top to my tums bottle is off and Noah looks like the cat that ate the canary. I asked him very calmly where the top was and he said, "it fell under the bed." I look under the bed and there it is, with one colored Tum's on the floor. I asked Noah point blank, "Did you eat KK's medicine?" It was obvious he was lying. I told him that I would not get mad at him if he told me the truth and he started crying. But, he still wouldn't admit to it. I kept an eye on him and he was fine. He said he wanted one because he woke up and he was hungry and they look like candy. And, he knows what they are and that he is NOT to touch them. So, you just never know.

BTW, I did NOT tell his parents as they would have had a cow. If they ever read this blog, I am dead.

Bottom line, he was fine. But, I did give him a real good lecture about not EVER getting into medicines.

My point to this story is, we never know what kids will ingest. We just don't know.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:50 pm

off-topic, but I must respond----I am SO glad it was only Tums! He just made his bones and muscles a little stronger is all---Thank God you don't have sleeping pills by your bed!
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm

I guess its possible that Haleigh could have been curious about all those pills that were probably being
kept in bottles and could have swallowed some.
Especially if Misty was passed out.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 pm

I know!!!! When I know they are coming over, I make sure any meds are put away..but for some reason, I did not remove the tums, and they were on a shelf on the other side of the room, not by my bed. It was the colors. But, he is smart and knows better!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:24 pm

KK??? Not Grandma? Or Baba? Or Nana?

And BTW: thanks to all who welcomed me back to the boards here! I've missed you all as well!

Sorry, off topic. Please forgive me. ;)
frogs
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:03 pm

I think it is hilarious the way that they spelled "Antwanette"! What ignoramuses! I'm sorry...I'm not usually so critical of folks, but they just beat all!!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 pm

lisette wrote:I think it is hilarious the way that they spelled "Antwanette"! What ignoramuses! I'm sorry...I'm not usually so critical of folks, but they just beat all!!
Who spells it that way? Explain please? What I mean is that on her birth certificate? I was wondering about that too.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Antwanette.......I asked my daughter last night how SHE would spell it and she said
A n t o i n e t t e. I guess they must not read in Satsuma and just spelled it the way it sounded. I thought that was pretty funny, too.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

A comment from another blog:
Unfortunately this is Hope's 5th arrest in Putnam Co. since her 18th birthday last March. All have been drug related (most recent was Jan. 3) except 1 and that arrest was for shoplifting.

ETA-she is Ron's cousin, daughter of his aunt, Teresa's sister. I'm not clear on why she has the Sykes last name unless her mother was not married at the time she was born and took her mother's maiden name.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 pm

frogs wrote:KK??? Not Grandma? Or Baba? Or Nana?

And BTW: thanks to all who welcomed me back to the boards here! I've missed you all as well!

Sorry, off topic. Please forgive me. ;)
Sorry, off topic. Yes, KK (for Kathie) - my DIL's mother got Nana and I will be damned if anyone is going to call me Baba. Sometimes, Noah will say. KK, I want to come over and see my grandmother. LOL.

Now, on this Antwanette thing, I am confused. I thought her name was Hope. Or is it Antwanette Hope? Whatever, I have never seen it spelled like that. 5th arrest, huh? Just what is it with the Cummings and Croslin clan?? I am to the point that any bloggers or members that think Crystal or Marie "stole" Haleigh, I say "right on". I would steal her, too, if I had to live with that bunch!! drunk soap box :FBI:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 pm

Hope AntWanette Sykes. I wonder if her middle name is a variation of her grandmother's name......Annette (Sykes)?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm

“They’re gone for years,” said Lindsy Croslin, of possible sentences faced by her 18-year-old sister-in-law and others charged in the case. That includes her husband Hank Croslin Jr., Cummings’ cousin Hope A. Sykes and Misty Croslin’s friend Donna M. Brock.
“She’s going to lose her whole life over this,” Lindsy Croslin said of Misty.
If I was Lindsy I would be more worried that my husband was going to lose HIS life over this and how it's going to impact her life and the lives of her children. Misty isn't worth worrying about.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm

lindamarie wrote:I am not sure Misty will tell the truth if offered a plea. I pray there is no plea and 25 yrs or more in the slammer where she belongs. Ron is high profile because of HaLeigh's case? I don't think so. I think he was an informant for LE is why he needs to be protected. In any case I am glad he is separated from his partners in crime.

Thus the SE Grin??? That makes sense.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 3 Empty Marie Antoinette

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Wonder where in blazes they heard the name to begin with? I feel confident that it didn't come from European Studies.
ROFLMAO

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 3 Slider10
Marie Antoinette was the beautiful Queen of France who became a symbol for the wanton extravagance of the 18th century monarchy, and was stripped of her riches and finery, imprisoned and beheaded by her own subjects during the French Revolution that began in 1789.
She may best be remember because of this. After she was told that the people of France were dying of starvation it is rumored she replied with laughter, "Let Them Eat Cake." There is however no real proof that she ever made this statement.
It's said that her beauty made the King impotent and 7 years passed before they consummated the marriage.

Riches, Finery, opulence, abstaining from sex for 7 FREAKEN YEARS!!!
yep... sounds just like Putnam County!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next