Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

+18
raine1953
jeanne1807
Lilone
cherylz
NiteSpinR
adelacruz
charminglane
CritterFan1
janie
artgal16
trishd54
lisette
Marica
frogs
Nama
TerryRose
ladyjustice37
Wrapitup
22 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Marie Antoinette

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Wonder where in blazes they heard the name to begin with? I feel confident that it didn't come from European Studies.
ROFLMAO

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Slider10
Marie Antoinette was the beautiful Queen of France who became a symbol for the wanton extravagance of the 18th century monarchy, and was stripped of her riches and finery, imprisoned and beheaded by her own subjects during the French Revolution that began in 1789.
She may best be remember because of this. After she was told that the people of France were dying of starvation it is rumored she replied with laughter, "Let Them Eat Cake." There is however no real proof that she ever made this statement.
It's said that her beauty made the King impotent and 7 years passed before they consummated the marriage.

Riches, Finery, opulence, abstaining from sex for 7 FREAKEN YEARS!!!
yep... sounds just like Putnam County!

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:40 pm

St. Johns County
Telephone (904) 819-3600
Fax (904) 819-3661
Email: mdearing@sjccoc.us
St. Johns County Clerk of Courts

Case Number: 10000141CFMA Status: OPEN
Clerk File Date: 1/21/2010 Status Date: 1/21/2010
SAO Case No: (N/A) Total Fees Due: 0.00
Booking No: 100334
Agency: FDLE Custody Location: COUNTY JAIL
Judge
BERGER, WENDY W
Plaintiff Attorneys
STATE OF FLORIDA N/A
Defendant Attorneys
CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE N/A
Charges: Disposition:
TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG) (893.135 1c1c) (N/A)
Case Number Party Type Charge Case Status Disposition Fees Due Next Court Event
Date Event Judge Location Result
Image Date Docket Text
1/21/2010 (COPY) ORDER TO TRANSPORT DEFENDANT TO ST JOHNS COUNTY FROM PUTNAM FLORIDA
1/21/2010 (COPY) ORDER REQUIRING PRODCTION AND DISCLOSURE OF SOURCE OF BAIL PREMIUM AND COLLATERAL (NEBBIA HEARING) PRIOR TO DEFENDANT'S RELEASE ON BAIL-PUTNAM COUNTY
1/21/2010 (COPY) MOTION FOR PRODUCTION AND DISCLOSURE OF SOURCE OF BAIL PREMIUM AND COLLATERAL PRIOR TO DEFENDANT'S RELEASE ON BIAL (NEBBIA HEARING)-PUTNAM COUNTY
1/21/2010 FIRST APPEARANCE FORM
1/21/2010 CAPIAS/WARRANT EXECUTED ON 01/20/2010 FOR SWORN COMPLAINT FILED
1/21/2010 CAPIAS/WARRANT ISSUED ON 01/20/2010 FOR SWORN COMPLAINT FILED
1/21/2010 JUDGE BERGER, WENDY W: ASSIGNED
1/21/2010 CASE FILED 01/21/2010 CASE NUMBER 10000141CFMA
1/21/2010 SWORN COMPLAINT
1/20/2010 ARREST SEQ: 1 - (893.135 1C1C) TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG)
1/19/2010 SWORN COMPLAINT SEQ: 1 - (893.135 1C1C) TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG)

http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/courtcaseweb/CaseDetail.aspx?txt=cummings,+misty&ps=50&m=name&s=4&caseid=192668
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by Marica Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:00 am

OT, but I gotta tell ya, I misplaced a hearing aid. Showed the other one to my 30 mo. old grandson and asked if he knew where my other one was. He responded, "I eat it".
Yep, they will eat anything, and then sometimes they will just pull your leg, as I found it behind the couch where he had thrown it! BTW.. I am called "Mamma Boo - Kee"
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:00 am

Looks like Misty's bond has surpassed the million dollar mark:

MISTY CUMMINGS
SATSUMA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 1/21/2010 8:52:54 AM - Booking#: 10-00278
Release Date & Time: 1/20/2010 10:23:00 AM
DOB: 12/9/1991 - RACE: W - SEX: F
Charges Misd/Felony Degree Bond Bond Posted
893.135-1c1 DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST F F $250,000.00
893.135-1c1 DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST F F $100,000.00
893.135-1c1 DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST F F $150,000.00
893.135-1c1 DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST F F $100,000.00
$1,100,000.00

http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=758546&IMG=60244
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 am

They DO plan on her being a guest there for quite some time don't they?
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 am

by NiteSpinR Today at 12:40 am Finery, opulence, abstaining from sex for 7 FREAKEN YEARS!!!
yep... sounds just like Putnam County!
Did you mean to say having sex at 7 FREAKEN YEARS?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty "You're out of choices."

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 am

With half a dozen TV news cameras pointed her way, Misty Croslin bowed her head and sat quietly -- save for a few sniffles -- as she waited for the judge.

Over the past 345 days, the mousy, petite 18-year-old has become accustomed to being in the spotlight, though it might have been the brightest yet Thursday.

With shackles around her dainty wrists and legs, Croslin was led into a sterile room at the St. Johns County jail where she appeared before a judge via closed-circuit television, and members of the media.

By Thursday evening, the story of her and her ex-husband's arrests was being discussed at length on the Headline News channel, alongside Brittany Murphy's death and Tiger Woods' infidelities.

After telling her that her bond had been set at $950,000, County Judge Charles J. Tinlin asked, "What do you do for a living, ma'am?"

"Nothing," she replied.

"I'm sorry?"

"Nothing."

"How do you support yourself?"

"My mom and my dad."

At about 3 a.m. on Feb. 10, Croslin called police to say she woke up and found that her then-boyfriend's 5-year-old daughter was missing. She said she put HaLeigh and her boyfriend's other child to bed at about 10 p.m., and that was the last anyone has seen the girl.

After a day, national media outlets began to take interest in the case.

A few months later, Croslin, then 17, and Ronald Cummings, 26, were married.

After a few months, the two divorced.

Off and on, Croslin, Cummings and other members of their families have had run-ins with police, but none has had to do with the disappearance of the little blonde whom the world knows as a smiling child mugging for photographs.

With every arrest or allegation, stories were printed and cameras reappeared, giving police all the more publicity in their quest for HaLeigh.

But, in the 11-plus months since her disappearance, there has been little progress, at least in the public eye. On Thursday, the eye reopened.

Croslin's brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, was also arrested and is facing one count of trafficking prescription drugs.

Before the hearing, a deputy briefly brought him into the jail's mini-courtroom before leading him back out.

"I don't really like having all these people taking my pictures, man," Hank Croslin told the deputy.

"You don't have a choice," the deputy said. "You're out of choices."

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-01-22/croslin-latest-twist-stark-jail-room
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty "The only common denominator in all of them was Misty." Seven deals

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am

Cummings, Croslin jailed
HaLeigh's dad, former stepmom among 5 busted in prescription drug sting
Posted: January 22, 2010 - 12:07am

Misty Croslin is the Putnam County teenager who was the last to see HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings, who has been missing since Feb. 10. By DARON DEAN, daron.dean@staugustine.com

By CHAD SMITH
The father of HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings, the 5-year-old Putnam County girl who has been missing nearly a year, and his ex-wife were arrested late Wednesday on drug trafficking charges after a monthlong undercover investigation, police said.

Ronald Lemyles Cummings, 26, is facing three counts of trafficking prescription medications, and his bond was set at $500,000, while Misty Janette Croslin, 18, is facing six counts of the same charge and was being jailed on $950,000 bond.

On Feb. 10, Croslin, then Cummings' live-in girlfriend, called police to report HaLeigh missing.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood, a spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Thursday that the disappearance and the drug cases are completely separate.

"It was totally unrelated," Greenwood said. "It's really ironic how it happened."

About a month ago, investigators got an anonymous tip Croslin and Cummings were involved in a prescription drug ring, he said.

The detective assigned to HaLeigh's case was not involved in the drug investigation and, he said, wasn't even told about it until Wednesday.

In addition to Croslin and Cummings, three others were charged: Croslin's brother, Hank Thomas "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, of Satsuma; Cummings' cousin, Hope A. Sykes, 18, of Satsuma; and Donna Michelle Brock, 44, of Orlando.

The three were each charged with one count of trafficking prescription medication, though their bonds varied.

Hank Croslin's was set at $100,000, Sykes' at $150,000 and Brock's at $250,000.

While Putnam County police led the investigation, some of the alleged transactions were in St. Johns County, meaning some suspects would be prosecuted in St. Johns, said Sgt. Chuck Mulligan, a spokesman for the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.

Separate jails

The Croslins and Brock were being held at the St. Johns County jail, while Sykes was being held in Putnam County.

Cummings was at the Flagler County jail because police wanted to keep him and his ex-wife separated.

The Sheriff's Office said that, on seven occasions, undercover investigators purchased the painkillers Oxycodone and Hydrocodone from the suspects and estimated the "street value" of the drugs at $3,900.

On Wednesday, according to a news release, Cummings and Croslin "purchased trafficking amounts of prescription medications from undercover investigators" and were immediately arrested.

During each alleged drug deal, Misty Croslin was involved, Greenwood said.

"The only common denominator in all of them was Misty."

Seven deals

While there were seven transactions, Croslin was charged in six. However, Greenwood said it was likely she would be charged in the seventh as well.

Croslin, Cummings and Brock would face a minimum of 25 years in prison if convicted.

Hank Croslin and Sykes are facing 15 years in prison.

Misty Croslin told County Judge Charles J. Tinlin at her first appearance in court Thursday that she had an attorney, Robert Fields, and had been in touch with him Wednesday.

He had represented her in the past, he said, and might be her attorney again.

"For right now, I am (representing Croslin), but I haven't formally filed a notice of appearance yet," Fields said Thursday afternoon.

Fields said he would try to visit Croslin at the jail either today or over the weekend.

St. Augustine attorney Terry Shoemaker worked with Ronald Cummings as the search for HaLeigh developed but knew very little Thursday about the latest charges.

"I'm not sure if we represent him on this or not," said Shoemaker. "I have to make an appointment to see him, and that won't be before (today)."

Shoemaker and partner Dan Mowrey were set to visit Cummings when they got a call from the jail Thursday.

Visit delayed

They were told all the times had been booked up in the jail's only two conference rooms, so they scheduled time for today.

While Greenwood said the cases were unrelated, Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, told reporters she believes Croslin's bail was set purposely high to keep her locked up.

Cummings and his former wife had been seeing each other occasionally and were to meet Wednesday about 5 p.m. after he finished working at a tree-trimming job, Neves said.

She said she believes her son was staying in contact with Croslin in hopes of learning what happened to HaLeigh and hoped the arrest of her former daughter-in-law could mean a break.

"Maybe she'll flip and tell us where HaLeigh is," she said. "That is the only [good] thing that can come out of this."

Greenwood said that while police have no reason to connect the alleged drug ring with HaLeigh's disappearance, detectives hope to re-interview the suspects.

"As many times as we get to, we're going to until we get a resolution in this case," Greenwood said.

-- Morris News Service contributed to this report.

Major events relating to the Cummings, Croslin families

* 2/9/09: Ronald Cummings' 5-year-old daughter, HaLeigh, disappears while Misty Croslin is babysitting her.

n 3/12/09: Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin marry.

n 8/5/09: Ronald Cummings is arrested at the Welaka Kangaroo station after allegedly assaulting Hank Croslin Jr., his wife's brother.

n 8/12/09: Hank Croslin Jr. accuses Ronald Cummings of leaving a decapitated rat in his in-laws' mailbox.

n 9/9/09: Misty Cummings is granted a restraining order against her brother, Hank Croslin Jr., following a fight between Croslin and Ronald Cummings.

n 9/15/09: Hank Croslin Jr. is arrested on a charge of grand theft.

n 9/25/09: Lisa Croslin, Misty Cummings' mother, is arrested in Tennessee on Florida warrants concerning forgery and theft charges.

n 10/7/09: Misty Cummings and Donna M. Brock are stopped in Seminole County in an alleged road rage incident. The two are released after a search of their car.

* 10/15/09: Ronald and Misty Cummings' divorce becomes final.

n 10/19/09: Misty Croslin and two friends are robbed at a Palatka apartment complex.

n 1/20/10: Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin Jr., Donna M. Brock and Hope A. Sykes are arrested and charged with trafficking in controlled substances.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-01-22/cummings-croslin-jailed
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 am

"I don't really like having all these people taking my pictures, man," Hank Croslin told the deputy.

"You don't have a choice," the deputy said. "You're out of choices."
Me likes that very, very much!!!!! la la la
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 am

Wrap, we were posting at the same time. I'll delete mine. :lol!: I changed the title of your post.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 am

:scared10: ok ya'll don't freak out cause I am in no way defending Misty or her parents... but I was still supporting my children when they were 17 and 18. Anyone else?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 am

by NiteSpinR Today at 2:13 am ok ya'll don't freak out cause I am in no way defending Misty or her parents... but I was still supporting my children when they were 17 and 18. Anyone else?
I supported my oldest one until he moved out to get married, but he was in college. My other two worked, lived at home and paid room and board......not because we needed the money, but I wanted to teach them responsibility. I've helped all of them when they were ready to buy homes, etc.........but wouldn't have done a thing for them if they weren't helping themselves.
If Misty was my daughter and she wasn't attending school or working at 18 years old there would be no way in hell that I would be supporting her. It could be that her parents weren't supporting her at all, but it's kind of difficult to tell the judge that you're supporting yourself with drug money.
Question?
Do either of her parent work?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 am

Dominick Pape, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s special agent in charge, warned the press he would not discuss the connection between Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance and Wednesday's arrests.

Haleigh vanished Feb. 10, 2009.

"I'm not going to address any questions as it relates to the Haleigh Cummings investigation," Pape said.

An un-named source close to the investigation told News 13 officials will use mandatory prison time Croslin is facing to try to get more information from her regarding Haleigh’s disappearance.

However, FDLE officials would not comment on this information.

"(Are you using that to try to get more information?) No, this is about prescription pills. (Certainly the conversation has come up though?) It's about prescription pills sir," Pape said.

Croslin sits in a St. Johns County jail, while Cummings was taken to the Flagler County Jail.

"Because of their names and their notoriety, we have to be concerned for their safety,” Pape said.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/1/21/haleighs_dad_former_stepmother_charged_with_trafficking_drugs.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:05 am

Cummings and Misty Croslin were placed in separate jails to avoid the possibility of communication between them.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100121/ARTICLES/100129956/0/NEWS01?Title=Haleigh-s-dad-4-others-arrested-after-drug-investigation
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:05 am

Sorry I just do not have time to read all of the previous posts. But, I did read one Re: could Haleigh have swallowed a pill? Would they be too bitter so she wouldn't? Well, if they removed the protective coating to the pill in order to make it work faster, she could have grabbed one of those and it would immediately start to disintigrate in her mouth. IDK, this seems like a plausible theory to me, esp. w/ the letter suggesting this. And, rem. the scratches on the car. :scratch:
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 am

This group of people were crushing the pills to powder form to snort it. At HaLeigh's age it is monkey see monkey do. I can see this happening. Then again it could have been purposely given to her as well. When the Dr on NG was describing death by oxycodone overdose HaLeigh probably just went to sleep and never woke up. I hope she was dead before they through her in the swamp behind the mobile home.
crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 am

by cherylz Today at 7:05 am And, rem. the scratches on the car.
Croslin says the night Haleigh disappeared, a family member was staying with them. She says around 4am when Misty called them to tell them Haleigh was missing, they went outside to the van to drive to Haleigh’s home. Croslin says she immediately noticed the van was not in the same spot she left it. “I know I don’t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van.”
After a few hours, another sign the van was tampered with appeared. “The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her…she (Misty) called me later that night and said Chelsea, please tell me you’re the one who put the scratch in my van. I started crying and told her there’s no way I put the scratch in her van.”
A scratch leading from just behind the driver’s side door handle to the back tire is very visible. Croslin says that scratch was not there the last time she drove it. “The scratch---it runs all the way down the van. That’s something someone would know if you’re riding against something and steadily scratching it.”
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:01 am

If Misty did not have the van how did she get to the party? If someone drove Misty home and the kids were with them would they not be considered accomplices? I know this fits in to the crime somehow but how?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 am

Thank you BJ. Was the family member staying at the Croslin home? I can picture someone driving the van through thicket or brush to what maybe get closer to the water?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 am

Lindamarie, I don't know.
Cherlyz, I don't know.
:scratch:
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Enter Cobra........again

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:09 am

In a stunning move, private investigator William “Cobra” Staubs called 97.3 The SKY Friday morning to announce that he is representing a group who is seeking to post bail for Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Phase two

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:11 am

Pape said the investigation will continue through "phase two," which involves learning where the five allegedly purchased the pills and their methods of obtaining them.

Investigators are also trying to learn how long they may have trafficked the pills, he said.

He added that the sale and use of illicit prescription drugs is on a dramatic rise in Florida.

"We know 75 percent of drug-related deaths in Florida were related to prescription drugs," Pape said. "Oxycodone was related in 2008 to 941 deaths and 499 deaths in 2009."
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/01/22/news/news01.txt
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:01 am

I would really like to know what business Cobra has to try to bail out the Coslins. Leave LE alone! Let them do their damn jobs. This interference whether by Leonard
Padilla or Staubs or any other idiot who does these things for their own self-serving purposes needs to stay the hell out of LE' s way. Enough! Misty needs to stay in jail and THINK about the fact that even if she only serves 10 years of a 25 year sentence her life will be in shambles. We need to find Haleigh and bring her home, whether she is alive or dead. She needs to rest in peace and thats no cliche. If Misty can cut a deal so that we know, then let her. If she doesnt stay on the right path she will surely go back to jail eventually. I think its more important to work on Misty to tell the truth of what happened to Haleigh
and thats not going to happen with her out of jail.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 am

I agree, Argal. It's crap . This is Misty's and Ron's battle. Let them figure it out. Anyone who volunteers to join this mess is either nuts or looking for their 15 minutes of Fame.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:51 am

Wow! I'm just arriving here and have not read all the comments, so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone think that Ron was assisting LE in this operation?
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:55 am

by Lilone Today at 11:51 am Wow! I'm just arriving here and have not read all the comments, so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone think that Ron was assisting LE in this operation?
From the looks of that Cheshire Grin on Ron's face he doesn't look too worried, so one might think that was a possibility. My opinion is NO, he wasn't assisting anyone and he's just dumb as a rock and doesn't realize that this might be something that won't be easy to get out of.....or he might have been flying high when the picture was taken. Time will tell.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:58 am

Good point. Stupid is as Stupid does... I'm just wondering why he started spending time with her again and at the same time Mom Teresa is saying he was trying to find out what Misty knows? But then, we don't think like 'they-all' do...
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:15 am

OMG! I thought Cobra was sincere when he said he needed to get out of this whole fiasco to save his sanity and family. Now he's helping to get bail posted?!? Ridiculous!

I also want to know how Misty got a lawyer so quickly. I won't even question how she'll pay him (as I know there are an incredible number of attorneys in Florida who donate their efforts pro-bono).
frogs
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:16 am

by Lilone Today at 11:58 am Good point. Stupid is as Stupid does... I'm just wondering why he started spending time with her again
Just my humble opinion......sex and drugs. :lol!:
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:41 am

If no one in the family could figure out how to spell Antoinette, maybe they should have picked another name!
frogs
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Interesting the idea that Ron and maybe Donna Brock, Tim Millers plant, might have been in on this.
I can't imagine Cobra placing himself in this mess again. What would he gain by getting them bailed out?

I noticed Misty looks more and more like her mother a big doper. She certainly doesn't look like the blushing bride that the "handsome" Ron married. That gal looks to me like she has aged a hundred years in just a short time.

The Satsuma gang..what a group.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I don't know if somebody else posted this but last evening they said Crystal asked for an emergency court hearing to bet Jr. They say it was granted.

Grandma Sikes can say goodbye to that little meal ticket. I am sure welfare was sending her food stamps and a check every month to care for him.

I don't know if he will be any better off with Crystal but the little guy really has no chance.

Teresa saying Ron was helping in the investigation in getting Misty to talk. What I say to her is this;

ENABLER..ENABLER..ENABLER.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Cobra speaks of bonding ONLY Misty and Tommy out

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:54 pm

After a morning filled with people scratching their heads over word that an unidentified group of people who used a private investigator to act as their media liaison stated that they were interested in posting bail for two of the five people arrest on drug charges Wednesday in Putnam County, private investigator William “Cobra” Staubs now wants clarify a few things.

As you heard first on TheSky973.com, the arrests of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock took place Wednesday evening and stemmed from a tip from a source with knowledge of the alleged dealing of oxycodone and hydrocodone, according to Putnam County Sheriff’s officials.

Misty Croslin is facing six counts of trafficking in prescription medications. Three counts of the same charge are pending against Cummings and one against Hank Croslin Jr., Sykes and Brock, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Misty Croslin is being held in lieu of $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank Croslin Jr., $100,000.

Ronald Cummings is the father of missing 6-year-old HaLeigh Cummings of Satsuma, FL who was abducted from her home February 9, 2009. Misty Croslin was babysitting the girl and her younger brother that night and was the last person to see her. Croslin and Cummings married a few weeks later and got a divorce a few months ago.

Private investigator William “Cobra” Staubs called 97.3 The SKY Friday morning to announce that he is acting as a media representative for a group who is seeking to post bail for Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin. Staubs called the SKY Newsroom later that day to clarify that he does not personally want to see the two out of jail. Staubs maintains he is only the messenger.

Staubs once led a pro-bono investigation into HaLeigh Cummings’ disappearance and was the source who revealed to the public via 97.3 The SKY, FOX News Channel, Headline News and several online news sites that drugs played a role in the domestic lives of Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, her family and perhaps might have been a factor in the child’s abduction.

AUDIO: William “Cobra” Staubs
http://hosted-media.podzinger.com/wsky/archive/WSKY_News/2010-01-22_Cobra_talks_bail_for_Misty_Tommy.mp3

Staubs left his independent investigation shortly after his arrest on charges of false imprisonment regarding the temporary cuffing of an accused capital child sex predator shortly after the man reportedly caused trouble at the HaLeighbug Information Center in Satsuma, FL where children were present.

http://www.bloggernews.net/123614
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:14 pm

An emergency hearing was held in Palatka on Thursday over who should get custody of Ronald Cummings Jr. after his father was arrested on drug charges.
Crystal Sheffield, whose daughter Haleigh Cummings has been missing since February, was awarded custody of her son.
Ronald Cummings Sr. is being held in the Flagler County jail, while his ex-wife, Misty Cummings, and her brother Hank Croslin Jr., who were also arrested on drug charges, are being held in the St. Johns County jail.
Sheffield was to pick up her son Friday afternoon.
If you have any information about where Haleigh may be, call Crimestoppers at 888-277-TIPS.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22315918/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:23 am

Do you think drugs played a role in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings?
Yes
(9)
90%

No
0%

Undecided
(1)
10%

Total Votes: 10

http://crime.about.com/gi/pages/poll.htm?linkback=http://crime.about.com/b/2010/01/23/weekly-crime-poll-haleigh-cummings.htm&poll_id=4153940143&poll=1&submit1=Submit%20Vote
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Paid informant in Haleigh Cummings case arrested in drug bust with Misty Croslin

Post by Nama Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:33 am

An Orlando woman who was with Misty Croslin during a road-rage incident in Lake Mary last year and was arrested with her during this week's prescription-drug bust in Putnam County was more than just a friend.

She was a paid informant for a national search group bent on one objective: finding out what happened to Satsuma 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings when she disappeared. Croslin was baby-sitting the girl one evening in early February when she said she woke up and found Haleigh missing.

Donna Brock was a volunteer member of Texas EquuSearch and part of initial searches for Haleigh. Eventually she befriended Croslin.

That relationship and trips they took together were initially meant to help investigators and searchers draw out Croslin and get her to tell them where the child was, said Tim Miller, Texas EquuSearch's founder and director.

The search group paid Brock about $3,000 to entertain Croslin and get her to open up, Miller said this week.

Paying someone to be an informant is not illegal. It is not clear whether Putnam County investigators were aware of Brock's role with the search group.

"They met each other when we were doing the search for Haleigh," Miller said. "Misty trusted her and liked her." Later, Brock, 44, indicated she could get Croslin, 18, to speak.

"Donna says, 'Tim, I think I can break her. I think I can find out what happened to Haleigh,''' Miller said.

That never happened. Haleigh's whereabouts remain a mystery. An investigation into her disappearance continues in Putnam County.

Brock's life took a sharp turn Wednesday when she was arrested on a prescription-drug-trafficking charge along with Croslin. Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father and Croslin's ex-husband, and two others also were arrested after a sting operation led by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

Brock was held at the St. Johns County Jail on Friday on $250,000 bail, charged with trafficking in oxycodone. Croslin was held there too, on six trafficking charges, with bail set at $950,000.

Putnam officials have said the prescription-drug case and the continued effort to determine what happened to Haleigh are separate investigations. But they expressed hope the drug case will provide new information about Haleigh's disappearance.

Croslin's relationship with Brock, who has a residence in Orlando and one in North Carolina, could be an important link for investigators, or her value in finding the child may be worthless.

"It started out she was trying to get information," Miller said.

Miller paid Brock several thousand dollars during a few months to take Croslin places and to entertain her with the hope the young woman would provide a better explanation of what happened the night Haleigh went missing, he said.

Brock was with Croslin in early October when, according to Seminole County Sheriff's Office reports, they chased and harassed a driver on Interstate 4. The incident immediately gained media attention.

On Oct. 30, Miller sent Brock a letter terminating her membership with Texas EquuSearch. He said he became concerned that her membership in the search organization would undermine its credibility.

An undercover detective with the Putnam Sheriff's Office bought prescription medications from Croslin's and Brock's group seven times recently, officials said. They estimated the drugs' street value at $3,900.

The arrests of Croslin, Cummings and the others is the latest chapter in a long, sad story surrounding Haleigh's disappearance.

The investigation has been marked by speculation, rumors and unsuccessful searches in the largely rural stretches around Satsuma and outside the nearby Ocala National Forest.

"The shame of it is all this stuff has taken the focus off of Haleigh," said Miller.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-misty-croslin-donna-brock-20100122,0,6915774.story
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Annette Sykes: "It's really hard with his daddy gone to let him go. He has been with us all of his life."

Post by Nama Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:54 am

Haleigh Cummings' brother is now in the custody of his mother following the arrest of Ronald Cummings.

"He's already gone," Annette Sykes, paternal grandmother of Haleigh, said Friday afternoon. "It's really hard with his daddy gone to let him go. He has been with us all of his life."

The state Department of Children and Family Services confirmed Friday that Junior was taken into the custody of his mother, Crystal Sheffield, as decided by the judge.

"The first priority of DCF is the safety of all children," John Harrell, a spokesman for DCF, said.

Haleigh was reported missing from her Satsuma home on Feb. 10, where she lived with her younger brother, Ronald Junior, in the custody of Ronald Cummings.

Cummings and the children's biological mother, Crystal Sheffield, have been estranged for several years.

Sheffield's former attorney, Kim Picazio, was glad to hear the news.

"It looks like the amount of bond will keep Ronald in jail for a while, so naturally the child would go to the biological mother in this case," Picazio said. "It is definitely the safest place for Junior."
Sykes declined to comment as to whether she knew the drug trafficking was taking place.

"Right now we are just basically numb," Sykes said.

Arraignment is expected to take place in mid-February, Chris Kelly, State Attorney's Office spokesman, said.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/01/23/news/news01.txt
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 am

I came to this thread looking for this news. Crystal has her issues for sure but she is Jr's Mom and should be with her and his sister Cloe right now. I hope she does well with her kids. I will be praying for them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:42 am

by lindamarie Today at 11:37 am I came to this thread looking for this news. Crystal has her issues for sure but she is Jr's Mom and should be with her and his sister Cloe right now. I hope she does well with her kids. I will be praying for them.
It will be interesting to see what kind of a life she chooses for her children. CHOICES! Let's hope she makes the right ones!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:05 am

Lets hope this last year has been a real wake up call for Crystal and she rises to the occasion. Junior needs a real home with lots of TLC. Lots of TLC.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Empty Sad

Post by Nama Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:08 am

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 4 Bilde-1
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:22 am

It is sad - if Haleigh had stayed with this crew until she was 18 maybe it would have been Haleigh standing there. Thats whats so sad. The cycle never gets broken unless there is someone to intervene that cares more about the children than the drugs.
Its terribly sad.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:12 pm

BJ in OR wrote:
by cherylz Today at 7:05 am And, rem. the scratches on the car.
Croslin says the night Haleigh disappeared, a family member was staying with them. She says around 4am when Misty called them to tell them Haleigh was missing, they went outside to the van to drive to Haleigh’s home. Croslin says she immediately noticed the van was not in the same spot she left it. “I know I don’t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van.”
After a few hours, another sign the van was tampered with appeared. “The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her…she (Misty) called me later that night and said Chelsea, please tell me you’re the one who put the scratch in my van. I started crying and told her there’s no way I put the scratch in her van.”
A scratch leading from just behind the driver’s side door handle to the back tire is very visible. Croslin says that scratch was not there the last time she drove it. “The scratch---it runs all the way down the van. That’s something someone would know if you’re riding against something and steadily scratching it.”
Remember Misty talking about the blanket "they took in the van"? I thought, "who is they"? What van?"

I am so happy Crystal now has custody of Jr. Looks like she didn't need an attorney at all..she just needed to be patient. She knows how Ron is. She knew he would end up back in jail.

Crystal lives with Marie on that farm in Baker County. I think Jr. will love it there, instead of that little shambles of a home in Waletka with Ron cussing, screaming and dealing drugs 24/7.

And good ole boy Cobra. WTH?? He left the case and needs to stay gone from the case. No way anyone will come up with this much money to bail Misty and Ron out. IMHO, they are also a flight risk.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Haleigh Cummings Update: What is Going On?
Posted on January 23rd, 2010
by Simon Barrett

Now that the dust has settled a little bit, it is possible to take a step back and look at the events that have unfolded in the past 72 hours. The one thing that I am certain of is that Putnam County are not the bunch of ‘losers’ that so many commenter’s have remarked about.

They move in a clear and clinical fashion. For the most part they try and avoid showing their cards. This makes sense. Loose lips sink ships was a slogan used in world war two. It is a good slogan. They are not forthcoming with the press, occasionally they throw a crumb our way, but mostly they prefer to keep themselves to themselves.

I am sure that the Caylee Anthony debacle has many police services rethinking their approach to the press, you cannot blame them.

It is however possible to make some observations based on actions. And the past 72 hours are a great example. There are five people in custody related to the Haleigh Cummings case, but none are accused of anything directly linking them to the case.

Is this an application of ‘pressure’? Well I would say yes.

It is an interesting adventure to look at who was caught in the dragnet, and why!

Misty Croslin is the prime person of interest. The police have said time and time again that she might be the key to unlocking the case. With her now behind bars could they be getting closer to unraveling this case?

Misty was the live in babysitter/lover/care giver/wife/ex wife of Ronald Cummings, she was also the last peson to see Haleigh Cummings. She now sits in jail with something like a million dollar bond to crack. Of course there is always some idiot that wants the publicity, so it likely is a matter of time before someone does a Leonard Paddila and bails the numbskull out. Rumor has it that Mistyis deathly scared of being behind bars, so this is a very handy form of psychological pressure.

Ronald Cummings has all but been cleared of any direct involvement in the disappearance, but in my mind he likely does know more than he has told so far. However there is also significant psychological pressure on him while he remains in jail. Obviously he cannot care for Jr. While in this position and Crystal Sheffield the biological mother has been granted temporary custody. There is little love lost between Ron and Crystal and I am sure that this situation is causing him great anguish.

Tommy Croslin is also an interesting member of this merry band of friends and family. Jail likely does not unduly bother him, this is hardly his first brush with the law. He most certainly may have information that could assist in solving the crime. In my opinion there are two possibilities, he could have been involved directly, but much more likely he was a willing helper after the event.

That leaves the other two miscreants Hope Sykes and Donna Brock. At first sight it might appear that they are just cases of collateral damage, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. However a closer inspection shows that there may be a good reason for including them in this round up.

Donna Brock was the Texas Equusearch member that Tim Miller bankrolled to befriend Misty. Did Misty spill the beans to her new BFF? There can be little chance that Donna was involved in the original event, to the best of my knowledge she had never even heard of Misty, Ron or the rest of the gang prior to the TES involvement.

That leaves Hope Sykes, it is possible that she is the collateral damage, however, I do believe that this is one of the people involved in the robbery of Misty while trying to buy drugs. The pair are friends, so once again Hope may well have information that she has received from Misty.

In my opinion this is a five way game of chicken. Everyone has a vested interest in ratting out the others. I am sure that the pressure will intensify as Law Enforcement starts to ’sweeten the pot’. Reduced bond, reduced or dropped charges, they have plenty of bargaining chips. The next few days may prove to be very interesting in this case.

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/123617
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:43 pm

I now believe that Misty was working in conjunction with Crystal. She wanted to be Ron's one and only.
A Sheffield has Haleigh.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Well Misty wanting to be Ron's one and only makes perfect sense. I really doubt the part about Misty working with Crystal so she would get the kids and Misty would have Ron all to herself. Maybe HaLeigh was given those drugs and tossed in the swamp. Jr was not the same competition thing being a boy. The way Misty went on and on about how if Ron brought her something they would go and by HaLeigh the same thing. I believe it was about a pair of shoes Misty rambled about that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Charming...I just don't see that...Nobody could have held her this long without someone finding out about it.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 pm

by lisette Today at 11:27 pm Charming...I just don't see that...Nobody could have held her this long without someone finding out about it.
I agree that no one is hiding her. I don't think Haleigh is with us any longer. None of the Satsuma bunch would have the brains to keep her hidden out anywhere. They are all dumb as rocks.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 am

Charm, I love you to death. You know that, but I do NOT believe for one second that Misty and Crystal were working together.

I do NOT think Haleigh is being hidden in Florida or any other state. I do NOT think that Crystal, Crystal's sister or mother or any relative took Haleigh and is hiding her. If only that were true, I would be a happy camper.

This has gone on long enough. Haeligh, IMO, is dead. I hate typing these words and if I am wrong, I will publicly eat crow.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next