Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

+24
Sherlib
pepperann
samgoodwin
sdillard
dreitan
dlammo
Boston_Lady
pheobe
redcattex
bringthemhome
lisette
pepperacho
janie
Slys Hunny
artgal16
Praying For Faith
CritterFan1
charminglane
czgtz
raine1953
Nama
jeanne1807
gnreed
Wrapitup
28 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 2 Empty Re: #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 am

Is that the "herb" sold at head shops?? They r going to make it illegal here to sell it, it can really be abused.
Meth is bad stuff, from what I have heard and read. Do you think Hailey was drugged and did nopt know it, like in her soda or something???

CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 2 Empty Re: #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 am

CritterFan1 wrote:I would be drugged if my child were missing. I would not be able to function if the Dr did not give me anti anxiety medication if it were my child missing.
Re: whether it is RX drugs or illegal...LE would be able to check out her Rx's, with consent from her.
I pray that somehow she is alive.

Critter I think they are talking about the "illegal drugs" that were purchased up North on Monday night. Billie said they drew money out of an atm and then purchased what we all think is "street drugs".

We all agree..I think...that prescribed meds would be taken by somebody that has a child missing. We are trying to find out about the street drugs. What kind? Was it a puff of marijiana or just what was it. I always thought Meth..

GNReed you in the drug field..what would that amount of money buy..in your experience? I think it was about $100 from the ATM. Cloudy on that one right now.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 am

Yes it is sold in head shops. Hopefully the law will be passed soon making it illegal.

I am thinking she may have been offered some type of drug and became very sick and did not recover. If BD and SA called 911 they were in trouble.

No messy crime scene or other evidence.

Last edited by gnreed on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 am

I continue to wrack my brain about what could have happened?

If it happened in her home..there would be some kind of evidence. They have none.

If she was abducted..surely somebody would have seen something. This is a small community and they all know one another.

If SA took her in the car or killed her in her bed there would have to be something. He just can't be that smart.

I don't think Hailey ran off. She was happy with her life and was involved with her stuff and her brother's stiff.

Yes she didn't like SA and to tell you the truth I don't like SA but she seems to be a little girl that could handle herself and I think she would have told her dad as close as Clint says they were. I think BD would have been in denial as we have seen her.

I think BD is what she is. I grew up with a cold, depressed mother. She was what she was.

I am baffled.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:38 am

jeanne1807 wrote:
CritterFan1 wrote:I would be drugged if my child were missing. I would not be able to function if the Dr did not give me anti anxiety medication if it were my child missing.
Re: whether it is RX drugs or illegal...LE would be able to check out her Rx's, with consent from her.
I pray that somehow she is alive.

Critter I think they are talking about the "illegal drugs" that were purchased up North on Monday night. Billie said they drew money out of an atm and then purchased what we all think is "street drugs".

We all agree..I think...that prescribed meds would be taken by somebody that has a child missing. We are trying to find out about the street drugs. What kind? Was it a puff of marijiana or just what was it. I always thought Meth..

GNReed you in the drug field..what would that amount of money buy..in your experience? I think it was about $100 from the ATM. Cloudy on that one right now.

From what I am told, one gram of meth would cost between $75.00 to $120.00.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 am

Cgztz. You made a statement a while back and I have thought about it. Never responded but thought about it.

You said that maybe LE asked BD to keep close to SA. And that would be the reason BD keeps timelining him and protecting him.

I can see them doing that. I could understand that. But what I can't understand is her making her everything she does about SA and his innocence.

To me she seems more defending SA than finding BD.
I truly do not believe that is what LE was asking.

Just my opinion.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:50 am

I wonder if Billie reads any of the bogs about Hailey's disappearance?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:09 pm

As far as thoughts on Hailey's brown belt..... I guess that doesn't change what I have always suspected, which is that if someone took Hailey, it was someone she was comfortable enough to get in a car with. She is not the kind of girl who would get in the car with a complete stranger. And it is hard for me to see her get in a car with anyone who is just an aquaintance, either, unless someone she knew well was also in that car.
Probably is someone that Hailey trusted. Did Hailey trust SA? Would Hailey have got in a car with SA? Say if SA said something happened and he was taking her to her Mom, brother or Dad. Would she go with SA? I say probably but I am not close to the situation like you are Cgztz.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:21 pm

in the beginning there was talk that SA had been flirting with HD, that she felt uncomfortable around him. A girl that age would be uneasy if he had been flirting with her.
I don't see such an innocent girl intentionally doing illegal drugs....not unless they were slipped to her, so she could be taken advantage of. Such a sad mystery.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 2 Empty Explains

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:45 pm

lindamarie wrote:
As far as thoughts on Hailey's brown belt..... I guess that doesn't change what I have always suspected, which is that if someone took Hailey, it was someone she was comfortable enough to get in a car with. She is not the kind of girl who would get in the car with a complete stranger. And it is hard for me to see her get in a car with anyone who is just an aquaintance, either, unless someone she knew well was also in that car.
Probably is someone that Hailey trusted. Did Hailey trust SA? Would Hailey have got in a car with SA? Say if SA said something happened and he was taking her to her Mom, brother or Dad. Would she go with SA? I say probably but I am not close to the situation like you are Cgztz.

Well that would certainly explain why there was no evidence in the home and nobody noticing any abduction.

Yes I think she would go with SA. She lived with him and her mother accepted him into their family.

He could have told her any number of things to get her in the car. But what happened didn't happen in the car. They found no evidence. I don't think anything would happen to her at his grandmas or moms house.

So where did he take her? Could that be what happened. I don't know. head bang
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 2 Empty Patty Kreiger

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 pm

BJ♥OR wrote:
by jeanne1807 Today at 11:05 pm I am listening right now. There is a long, long topic that is first on the broadcast about Patty Kreiger.
Patty's daughter is a friend of someone I know. The family thinks the boyfriend is responsible for Patty's disappearance. I've been following this case, but it's gone cold.

BJ I did a search and didn't come up with anything on Patty on VH. I found the story interesting last evening on blog radio.

Do you think we could start a topic and discuss it? Is the interest there. It certainly has a lot of elements of drama in the story. Money, Hells Angels, Prison, Missing Woman.

Personally I wonder if she was ever up on that mountain..just from the little I heard.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Rainbow wrote: ... As for Shawn, I guess we will all find out eventually if he had any involvement in Hailie's disappearance. The one "red flag" I have had about him, is why he went into work (the morning of Hailie's disappearance) for such a short time. He says he was fired or quit, but his supervisor said that he wasn't. Do you know if he is still working?

I'm just bringing up this question about SA that I posted upthread a bit. Does anyone know if SA is still working, and if so, why on earth did he go into work for 10 mins. on the morning Hailey went missing?!? That seems VERY suspicious to me! Suspect
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Rainbow wrote:
Rainbow wrote: ... As for Shawn, I guess we will all find out eventually if he had any involvement in Hailie's disappearance. The one "red flag" I have had about him, is why he went into work (the morning of Hailie's disappearance) for such a short time. He says he was fired or quit, but his supervisor said that he wasn't. Do you know if he is still working?

I'm just bringing up this question about SA that I posted upthread a bit. Does anyone know if SA is still working, and if so, why on earth did he go into work for 10 mins. on the morning Hailey went missing?!? That seems VERY suspicious to me! Suspect

Rainbow that is one of lifes mysteries. Shawn said one thing, his employer said another thing, the affadavit said another and now in the last press conference Billie cleared it up for us. crazy3

If we put them altogether we get. Shawn left his house at 5:30 to go to a job he no longer wanted. He got there about 6am and left his car car running. Ran into the lunch room, got a Dr. Pepper told the boss I quit..cleaned out his locker and then turned in his uniform.

What part of that is true..who knows. Depends on who you talk to.

As for me I am pretty much going by what the Deposition that the officers swore on as the truth. I don't have it handy but will look it up for you.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:14 pm

If I remember correctly, during the 911 call last year SA claimed BD was threatening to OD on his prescribed medication. (Klonopin)
Klonopin, Atavin, and Xanax, are all among the most abused street drugs. One of the main reasons is they are used to "come down" after a meth high.
Another reason is the drugs can be slipped into drinks and can be used during sexual assaults as the victim can go into a coma like state of mind.
SA could have slipped this into Hailey's drink while she was still awake, and at some point during the night he could have visited Hailey's room without BD being aware.
The next morning, he finds that HD actually OD and is forced to dispose of the body.
I am interested in how it is prescribed to either BD or SA.
Not saying this is what happened, but certainly a possibility.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:27 pm

If the drugs were prescribed for anxiety--
Could Hailey have taken a few because she was afraid of SA?
Were these bottles on the counter--like mine are? (Because I live alone) Or are they in a medicine cabinet with prescription numbers on the bottles? Or--are they in the bottom of a purse in an unmarked bag?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:12 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:
Rainbow wrote:

Rainbow that is one of lifes mysteries. Shawn said one thing, his employer said another thing, the affadavit said another and now in the last press conference Billie cleared it up for us. crazy3

If we put them altogether we get. Shawn left his house at 5:30 to go to a job he no longer wanted. He got there about 6am and left his car car running. Ran into the lunch room, got a Dr. Pepper told the boss I quit..cleaned out his locker and then turned in his uniform.

What part of that is true..who knows. Depends on who you talk to.

As for me I am pretty much going by what the Deposition that the officers swore on as the truth. I don't have it handy but will look it up for you.

Jeanne, thanks for your insight. It does sound like everyone (LE & BD) are giving a similar account of SA the morning of Hailey's disappearance... and it STILL doesn't make any sense! That strange 10 mins at work (on the morning of Hailey's disappearance) is what really has me suspicious of him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:18 pm

I just brought over (from page 20), Billie's timeline of events. It won't let me copy/paste, so here is the link again (courtesy of Raine). In it, BD does state that SA was at his job at 6:00 a.m and left at 6:10 a.m. Again... WHY?!? Maybe czgtz (I hope I got that right!) can answer that?

Deleted link that didn't work. BJ
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:21 pm

For some reason, that link isn't working! I copied & pasted it from Raine's link (which works) on page 20. Can anyone please fix it for me? praying Smash PC
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:27 pm

It was already posted on page 20.
Hailey Dunn - A Mother's Timeline
by BJ♥OR on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:23 am

Billie Dunn, the mother of missing teenager Hailey Dunn, held a press conference in Colorado City, Texas on January 31, 2011 and released a timeline of events she hopes will be helpful in bringing Hailey home. The 13 year old cheerleader was reported missing on December 28, 2010.
Timeline of Events released by Billie Dunn
Sunday, December 26th
12:00pm: Hailey arrives home after spending the night with Clint.
2:00pm: Billie, Shawn, Hailey, and David have their Christmas dinner.`
8:00pm - 9:00pm: Hailey is playing X-Box in David's room. David leaves to spend the night with a friend.
10:00pm: Hailey is watching TV in her room. Billie tells her goodnight and goes to bed.
Monday, December 27th
5:30am: Shawn leaves for work, using Billie's car.
6:00am: Shawn arrives at work.
6:10am: Shawn leaves work. Shawn says that he quit his job, and went in that morning to turn in his coveralls and clean out his locker. He claims that after leaving work
went to his grandmother's house in Dunn, but because no one was home, he decided to go to his mother's house in Big Spring. Shawn further claims that he went directly to his mother's house from Dunn, only coming into Colorado City to access I-20.
6:20am: Billie sees Hailey asleep in her room with the TV on.
6:30am: Billie leaves for work, getting a ride from a coworker.
7:00am: Billie arrives at work.
7:30 - 8:00am: Shawn says he arrives at his mom's house.
10:30 - 1:00pm: A neighbor sees Hailey walking away from her house and then back towards her house. A young boy is with her.
12:00pm: A neighbor sees Hailey in the back yard talking on the phone.
3:00pm: Shawn arrives home.
3:15pm: Hailey leaves home to go to Clint's house and then to spend the night with friend.
4:00pm - 5:00pm: David and his friend arrive at home. The friend stays and spends night.
6:15pm: Shawn picks Billie up from work.
6:20pm: Shawn and Billie make withdrawal from an ATM.
6:30 - 6:40pm: Shawn and Billie arrive at Billie's mom's house.
7:30pm: Shawn and Billie arrive home.
8:30pm : A woman sees Hailey, the friend she said she was spending the night with and a teenage boy who is unknown to her walking on Hickory Street in front of Alco.
9:00pm: Shawn and Billie go to bed.
Tuesday, December 28th
6:30am: Shawn and Billie leave the house.
7:00am: Billie arrives at work.
12:00pm: Billie calls David, who is home. David tells her that Hailey is not back yet. Billie tells him to text her friend and have Hailey came home. The friend says Hailey did not come over. David calls Billie back and relays this information. Billie tells him go to Clint's house to see if Hailey was there. Naomi tells David that Hailey came over on Monday, but did not stay there. Billie talks to Clint, and tells him that she is leaving work to come to Colorado City and report Hailey missing. Billie calls her sister-in-law to pick her up from work and take her to Colorado City. She goes home and to several of Hailey's friends' houses to see if she can find Hailey.
2:00pm: Billie goes to the police station to report Halley missing.
3:00pm: Billie goes back home to wait for an officer to come and take a full report

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Hailey Dunn - A Mother's Timeline of Events - Midland-Odessa true crime | Examiner.com [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:32 pm

For some reason, that link isn't working! I copied & pasted it from Raine's link (which works) on page 20. Can anyone please fix it for me? praying Smash PC
If you want to look at it on the web, this should work. I deleted the link in your previous comment since it didn't work.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 pm

I am thinking that the police said they could not substantiate any of the sightings the day Hailey went missing.

That means to me that either all those people got it wrong, were confused on the date or somebody is lying.

That would include the hairdresser, the neighbor and the lady that saw MB and Hailey and unidentified boy.

By the way both MB and her mother said they never saw Hailey that day.

An update from LE is really needed. A clear timeline needs to established for those searching for Hailey.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:11 pm

BJ♥️OR wrote:
If you want to look at it on the web, this should work. I deleted the link in your previous comment since it didn't work.

Thanks BJ! you rock
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm still on page 21, but want to address some of the things y'all have been talking about.

First, the drug issue. Billie does not do any street drugs. She is randomly tested at work. And even if she wasn't, she works at a hospital, surrounded by doctors and nurses. IMO would be extremely difficult to keep a job for seven years and not have anyone suspect that you use drugs.

It is very hard to hide the fact that you are high, whether it be weed or something harder, or the fact that you are getting over that high. You might get lucky once or twice, and no one notice, but the signs are very telling. Not only are you noticably impaired, but your eyes give you away, and your body tries to get rid of the drugs, causing you to sweat and give off an odor that is hard to hide.

Around here, drugs are common and fairly easy to get... and it has been that way for a long time. I remember when I was a teenager, a Texas Ranger was talking to my mom about some cases, and he said that if someone wanted to get away with murder, all they had to do was come here. For some reason, that has always stuck in my mind... He also made a remark about CCity being a huge problem regarding drug smuggling - I can't remember exactly what he said about that, but it was something about CCity being the 'little Chicago of Texas'. I kind of got off topic, but anyway, my point is that this city is full of dealers. And it is no secret who most of them are, or who uses drugs period.

Personally, even with so many drugs being easy to obtain, I dont think that Hailey was drugged. Don't ask me to explain why, because I can't... it just doesn't feel right to me. Anyway, that is just my own opinion.

LE has in fact asked Billie to keep the lines of communication with Shawn open. So have several other people who have been helping Billie. Sorry, but I am not going to name names. I promise I am not trying to bait anyone, lol.

Billie stays as far away from the internet as possible.

As far as someone having to see something if Hailey was snatched between Billie's house and Clint's house - not necessarily. The street that Billie lives on is not that busy. She is on the corner of 18th and Chestnut. I know that you can do a 'walking tour' or whatever it is called on some of the map sites. That would give everyone a better idea of the area. Not much there besides the public housing just south and a nursing home a couple of blocks north. There are houses on the east side of Chestnut St, but around Billie's house, they are kind of spaced out, and some are vacant.

I don't think Hailey would get into a car with someone unless she knew them pretty well, or if she knew a passenger pretty well. Yes, I do think she would go with Shawn.

IMO, Hailey was not scared of Shawn. She did not like him when Billie first started dating him, and made no secret of it. But they got along fine for the most part, and joked around alot. Shawn is kind of funny, in a stupid way.

Just to be clear, I am not defending Shawn at all. I don't know him near as well as I know Billie, and even if we were all hanging out together, I didn't talk to him that much. And never about anything important - just small talk.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 pm

You're talking about street drugs..like crack/meth/coke/heroin. What about buying pills? Billie even said on NG that she and SA had taken Ativan the night before their poly's. Illegal rx usage is HUGE everywhere. Does BD or SA have an rx for Ativan?

Honestly, this case just keeps reminding me more and more of the HaLeigh Cummings case. SOS..you can get any drug you want in CCity..just like you can in Satsuma. I would think there are many small towns all over the country that are the same way.

One more thing I want to say. Kids are Very good at reading adults, and if they don't like someone..they usually have a gut feeling about them..a feeling of being uncomfortable around them. Maybe Hailey felt like if she couldn't beat them, why not join them. She probably noticed that her mom was serious about SA. What else could she do? And, I do find it extremely hard to believe she never told her mom she didn't like him.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:27 pm

I agree that Shawn quitting his job on the very day that Hailey disappeared is beyond strange.

All I know is what he told Billie, and what he told me when I asked him.

Billie told me that he had been complaining about a couple of guys he worked with for quite some time, and wanted to quit. Billie of course wanted him to suck it up and not quit. He told her that he was scared to tell her he quit, and that is why he didn't say anything about it even when Hailey disappeared, which absolutely blows my mind. He told her that he went to his mom's house for the rest of Monday and all day Tuesday because he didn't want her to find out he quit.

I asked him about that morning also. He told me that he wanted to go in early so that he could clean out his locker and turn in his coveralls and not have to talk to anyone - just walk out with no notice or discussion at all.

Now, I am not a gullible idiot. His story makes sense, and I wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow had Hailey not disappeared. But she did, and the fact that he quit on that very day and didn't tell Billie about it until the day after Billie first reported Hailey missing is what gets me more than anything. There is nothing at all to excuse him for not coming clean the minute he found out Hailey was missing. That right there is why I remain suspicious of him.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Billie got a script for Ativan after Hailey disappeared.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Hailey never told Billie that she didn't like Shawn. She told both of them that she didn't like Shawn plenty. She is not a shy kid by any means, and is very outspoken. But they all joked around, and she seemed to accept the fact that Billie and Clint were not ever going to get back together - I am sure a lot of that had to do with Clint moving on also.

I guess I am not sure exactly what you mean by 'if she can't beat them, join them'.

Last edited by czgtz on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Your post just helped me to REALLY make up my mind. He sounds like a kid not wanting to tell his mommy that he skipped school. What an idiot!! If he will lie about the little things, he will damn sure lie about the big things.

You put it all in perspective. Thanks!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm

czgtz wrote:Billie got a script for Ativan after Hailey disappeared.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Hailey never told Billie that she didn't like Shawn. She told both of them that she didn't like Shawn plenty. She is not a shy kid by any means, and is very outspoken. But they all joked around, and she seemed to accept the fact that Billie and Clint were not ever going to get back together - I am sure a lot of that had to do with Clint moving on also.

I guess I am not sure exactly what you mean by 'if she can't beat them, join them'.
When NG interviewed Clint's mother, she said that Hailey did NOT like SA and was scared of him. Billie acted like this was news to her.

What I meant was..picture if you were a 13 year old girl and your mom had some idiot bf that you did not like. You tell your mom that you don't like him, but your mom doesn't do anything about it. Not only does she keep seeing him, she allows him to move in. Now, he is under your roof. After awhile, you would have to act like you like him as he is not going anywhere and you know it. That is what I meant when I said that Hailey may have felt that if she can't beat them (get her mom to throw him out) she might as well put up a good front that she likes him. I hope I have made sense.

Thanks for all your input here. I appreciate it!! :thanks:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah, that is a good comparison... like a kid not wanting to get in trouble. I have no doubt that he has stretched the truth if not outright lied about quite a few things trying to make himself not look guilty and has backed himself into a corner.

Like I said before, if he is innocent, he has made himself look guilty by his own actions. It is hard to believe that so many things are just coincidences and bad timing.

But like you said, he is an idiot. If he is guilty, it is hard to believe that he could be so stupid but be able to pull off something and leave no evidence, and fool 11 LE agencies for so long.

For Billie's sake, I hope he had nothing to do with Hailey's disappearance. I know that she cannot believe that he would hurt either one of her kids.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Actually czgtz I have to disagree with you about the drugs. I firmly believe Billie was using. What I am not sure of but something. Pills maybe, some pot maybe and maybe some other stuff but not maybe because they cost money that Billie didn't have.

You speak of nurses being clean. No way. Daughter is a nurse and was just floored when they fired "nurse of the year" at her hospital for stealing narcotics.

They took her away in cuffs. These gals know how to pass their "tests".

Then I have to ask. This is the second time you have mentioned talking to SA. I thought they were only "reaching out to one another". Is he now at the house? As I have suspected?

I shall never believe all those things with SA on the very day Hailey went missing.

I know you believe and trust Billie but don't drink the Billie Kool Aid.

You know I said early on that Billie needed a friend but be true to yourself and keep your thoughts..right on.

Very few people support Billie. No people support SA.

It has to be "a tough row to hoe"!being Billie's friend. By the way that is an old saying and I use them often.

Definitions of tough row to hoe on the Web:

•A difficult or arduous task
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tough_row_to_hoe

Sometimes it sounds like we are grilling you and honestly we don't mean too. We are just really confused with Billie giving a man the time of day that might have had something to do with her daughters disappearance.

I would respect her more if she simply said..our affair will continue after I find my daughter safe.

And tell LE to conduct their own investigation because she was busy looking for a live Hailey.

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:58 pm

If he is guilty, it is hard to believe that he could be so stupid but be able to pull off something and leave no evidence, and fool 11 LE agencies for so long.

For Billie's sake, I hope he had nothing to do with Hailey's disappearance. I know that she cannot believe that he would hurt either one of her kids.
I don't think he is fooling anyone..except Billie. He is not just a POI but a suspect. They have to have some kind of probable cause to do that. Even in the HaLeigh Cummings case..even w/all the "players" in that case, they NEVER, to this day..have made anyone a suspect. And, it's been almost 2 years. So, this is not a surprise to me at all.

I almost pity Billie. I think she is extremely naive to believe that her bf wouldn't hurt anyone. My goodness, that one video kind of speaks volumes.

This is purely speculation and MOO, but I am leaning toward the fact that this was pre-meditated and he had his video/masked men buddies (or at least one) assist him. I do not know what he did to her or where he took her. I think that IF, and that is a huge IF, she is alive..she was sold for Human Trafficking. Again, Just My Opinion and subject to change.

One more thing I want to say. If I had a child that did not like my bf, he would be outta there pronto.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm

I truly believe that if Hailey had told Billie that she was scared of Shawn, Billie would have done something. I also believe that Hailey would have told Billie if she was scared. IMO, there is a big difference between not liking someone and being scared of them.

And that was news to Billie. She was absolutely furious. If Hailey was scared of Shawn, and told her grandmother, then the grandmother should have told Billie or Clint immediately. She did tell Clint that Hailey had said this, but after Hailey disappeared.

And I don't think that Hailey would have pretended to like him, or anyone else for that matter. She never seemed to have a problem expressing her opinions.

I do see what you are saying, and you have a good point. But I personally don't agree that this is what happened in this case. Not at all trying to say that you are wrong and I am right. Just being disagreeable, lol.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 pm

But darn..now that Billie knows once again she is doing the usual..nothing. She is still living the dream. She is still in love with SA.

Maybe Hailey tried to tell her over and over and she would not listen.

Everybody in blogville has said..SA is guilty and Billie continues down this puppy love path. Standing by her man. Boy, goof ball, wierdo.

Maybe Hailey got tired of seeing and hearing those two playing house.

Hailey was at a very vulnerable age. Just coming into her womanhood.

What the hay was Billie thinking..
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:06 pm

czgtz wrote:I agree that Shawn quitting his job on the very day that Hailey disappeared is beyond strange.

All I know is what he told Billie, and what he told me when I asked him.

Billie told me that he had been complaining about a couple of guys he worked with for quite some time, and wanted to quit. Billie of course wanted him to suck it up and not quit. He told her that he was scared to tell her he quit, and that is why he didn't say anything about it even when Hailey disappeared, which absolutely blows my mind. He told her that he went to his mom's house for the rest of Monday and all day Tuesday because he didn't want her to find out he quit.

I asked him about that morning also. He told me that he wanted to go in early so that he could clean out his locker and turn in his coveralls and not have to talk to anyone - just walk out with no notice or discussion at all.

Now, I am not a gullible idiot. His story makes sense, and I wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow had Hailey not disappeared. But she did, and the fact that he quit on that very day and didn't tell Billie about it until the day after Billie first reported Hailey missing is what gets me more than anything. There is nothing at all to excuse him for not coming clean the minute he found out Hailey was missing. That right there is why I remain suspicious of him.

czgtz, thanks for explaining SA's quick trip to his job! It still makes me suspicious of him (esp. due to Hailey's disappearance that same day), but it could just be a coincidence. I'm sure that LE is investigating it, anyways. Do you happen to know if SA really DID quit his job that day, or was he just SAYING that he did? Just curious...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:12 pm

One more question and then I will give you a little break czgtz.

I know Billie's mother is staying close to her. What is her opinion? What is she saying?

I apologize if I have seemed unkind tonight in my posts directed at you. I am frustrated with no Hailey. I am just shocked that such a good kid. Good student, athlete, cheerleader, first chair in band and a Brown Belt. Can't be found and to tell you the truth I fear the worst.

I thought in the beginning we would hear bad things about Hailey and her brother but the stories of these two kids just keep getting better and better.

Where are you Hailey. What happened to you?

To tell you the truth I am afraid every single day when I turn on this computer what the news will be.

I don't think it will be good news at all.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 pm

jeanne, why are you so sure that Billie is/was using drugs? And no, he is not at the house. I ran into him totally by accident.... and he had the gall to thank me for defending him. After I set him straight that I was defending Billie, not him, I asked him about the work thing because that is what keeps tumbling in my mind. Kind of surprised he even answered me, because I was pretty ugly to him.

I do support Billie, and will continue to do so. I refuse to be a fair weather friend. And I have no problem being in the minority. Many people think that at the very least, she is in denial about Shawn and any involvement that he may have. If that is true, then she will need a friend more than ever.

wrap, I have never followed any kind of missing child case before, so I will defer to your knowledge about naming suspects in a case. And maybe Billie is naive... but she honestly will not entertain that idea that Shawn would hurt Hailey. I pushed her on this a couple of times to the point where I was afraid that I have hurt our friendship.

Since I have been fortunate enough to be married to the same man for nearly 20 years, I don't know what I would do with a bf - probably not have one if I ever got a divorce, lol - in regards to my kids not liking him. But every few months, one or the other of my kids either hates me or my husband for a day or two (usually because we squelch a plan, or insist that they do their chores before going somewhere). I imagine that everyone who has a kid and is in a long term relationship goes through something like this occasionally. I understand that there is a difference in what you are saying though. I just don't have anything except my own experiences to compare it to.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 pm

jeanne, why are you so sure that Billie is/was using drugs

For one thing she said it on Nancy Grace. Then it was in the police Affadavit.

And finally she has the look of an addict. Sorry but she does.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Rainbow, all I know is what he told me and what his boss told the media. Shawn says he quit, his boss said he wasn't fired, and was a good employee. I don't know why either one of them would lie about that. Evidently he did quit, because he is not working. Who knows if he ever actually said 'I quit.'

jeanne, I don't think you are being unkind to me. I understand your frustration. If it's possible, I think I am even more frustrated than you are.

Billie's mom has not said much about Shawn. But she doesn't seem to think that he had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance. And neither does Clint. Everyone in Hailey's family that I have talked to all agree on two things: they have no idea what has happened to Hailey, and they think LE is focusing on Shawn too hard without looking at other possible scenarios.

We don't sit around and talk about Shawn that much. We talk about Hailey more than anyone. And we wrack our brains to try and figure out what might have happened. And we talk about LE, and wonder why they wont say anything worth hearing.

Billie meant it when she said she was tired of defending him. While she does not believe that he could have hurt Hailey, she does realize that there are things that he has done that he needs to clear up. But at the same time, she wants every single lead or tip followed.

I sometimes wonder what would happen if Shawn is totally cleared (not saying that I necessarily think that will happen - besides Hailey being found dead, I think my worst fear is that she will never be found at all, and LE will never be able to prosecute anyone). But would everyone still consider him a monster and Billie an idiot?

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:42 pm

And no, he is not at the house. I ran into him totally by accident

I thought he was "locked up" in his grannies house.

So he is out and about? I am interested in where you saw him? I think some are looking for him.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:43 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:jeanne, why are you so sure that Billie is/was using drugs

For one thing she said it on Nancy Grace. Then it was in the police Affadavit.

And finally she has the look of an addict. Sorry but she does.

lol, ok. I just wondered. Thanks for your honesty.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:45 pm

LE is not watching him. That is a joke.

I saw him out of town in a public place.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 pm

czgtz wrote:Rainbow, all I know is what he told me and what his boss told the media. Shawn says he quit, his boss said he wasn't fired, and was a good employee. I don't know why either one of them would lie about that. Evidently he did quit, because he is not working. Who knows if he ever actually said 'I quit.'

Thanks, this is what I was wondering (if he was working or not)! So, he must have quit.

Billie meant it when she said she was tired of defending him. While she does not believe that he could have hurt Hailey, she does realize that there are things that he has done that he needs to clear up. But at the same time, she wants every single lead or tip followed.

So, do you know of any other possible suspects, besides SA?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 pm

But would everyone still consider him a monster and Billie an idiot?

Yes I believe so. I don't think this blanket of doubt will ever leave them until this is resolved. Sorry but that is how I feel.

After listening to Clint last night I was sadder than I had been this whole long month.

These were good kids and Clint made his family real. He talked about all of them with such love in his heart.

How in the heck does something like this happen.

I have thought of every possibility. I have looked at that video of their neighborhood until I am blue in the face.

Speaking of that..did you mention projects in the neighborhood. I noticed black men in the background during Billie's press conference.

Would that project be populated by a certain race of people.

Have they checked that out thoroughly?

And getting back to your talking about the neighborhood. Billie's house sits pretty open. It looks like a neighborhood where everybody knows everybodys business.

Is that house right across from Billie boarded up? It kind of looked like the windows were boarded up.

Darn I hope they checked that one. I saw it way up here in Indiana. lol

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 pm

I figured LE is not watching him. This is some small town b.s. cops. If they are reading here, oh well. I have a right to my opinion. Unless they are allowing him to run around and catch him doing something heinous.

You said:
I do support Billie, and will continue to do so. I refuse to be a fair weather friend. And I have no problem being in the minority. Many people think that at the very least, she is in denial about Shawn and any involvement that he may have. If that is true, then she will need a friend more than ever.
You are a good friend. I just hope you don't get hurt in the process.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:58 pm

czgtz wrote:LE is not watching him. That is a joke.

I saw him out of town in a public place.

I don't think they are "watching him". But they are watching him. If that makes any sense.

Texas Rangers always get their man..don't they? Suspect
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:02 am

Wrapitup wrote:I figured LE is not watching him. This is some small town b.s. cops. If they are reading here, oh well. I have a right to my opinion. Unless they are allowing him to run around and catch him doing something heinous.

You said:
You are a good friend. I just hope you don't get hurt in the process.

I think you said what I have been trying to say to Cgrtz all evening.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 2 Empty Search to resume for missing teen Hailey Dunn when icy conditions thaw

Post by Nama Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 2 420110203190435001_t160#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 2 420110203190434006_t160

Icy conditions in Colorado City this week have put a temporary halt on the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, but efforts to locate the teen could resume today.

Pete Kampfer, the city manager of Colorado City who is acting as a liaison between the media and law enforcement, said the investigation slowed this week as a result of the massive winter storm.

"We have been responding to issues related to weather," Kampfer said. "We've had numerous accidents and traffic problems, but it is clearing up."

Weather permitting, search efforts will resume today, with teams exploring areas in Mitchell and Scurry counties, Kampfer said.

It has been five weeks since Hailey Dunn vanished. The Colorado Middle School student was reported missing by her mother, Billie Jean Dunn, on Dec. 28.

Earlier this week, Billie Jean Dunn expressed frustration with law enforcement's handling of the case.

She added that investigators should be looking at all suspects, not just her former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, who has been identified as a suspect.

During a Monday news conference, Billie Jean Dunn said she is still friendly with Adkins and that they communicate via phone.

Kampfer has indicated that investigators are looking at more than one person of interest, but so far, no other names have been released.

Also during the news conference, Billie Jean Dunn alluded to some who may be seeking to profit from her daughter's disappearance by soliciting donations. Last week, she received a grant for an undisclosed amount from the Somer Thompson Foundation.

Last week, Clint Dunn, Hailey's father, who is unemployed, traveled to Odessa and then to El Paso to continue the search for his daughter, thanks to donations from well-wishers.

"Every penny given and every penny I spend is accounted for," Clint Dunn said.

Members from the KlaasKids Foundation and the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children helped coordinate volunteer search efforts two weeks ago and have since left Colorado City.A volunteer search group currently is based out of the Colorado City Civic Center for its semiweekly searches on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

The group has set up an account called "Hailey's Search" at City National Bank of Colorado City for donations to pay for expenses.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:11 am

Rainbow, I know that LE is looking for someone in particular, and say that there are several others. This is part of what is so frustrating... it has been a month. Why in God's name cant LE find them, and why do they not seem the least bit concerned that they cant?

wrap, there is a lot of bs here in CCity. You know, when I was a young teenager, the Rangers always seemed like heroes to me.... the knights in shining armour who would ride in and save the day. Let me just say that I was very disillusioned.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:27 am

czgtz:

I have a couple of questions, sorry it does sound like we are grilling you tonight but I don't think it's that, we've just had a ton of questions in our mind for the last month.

What 11 LE agencies are involved in this case? I know of local CC, Texas Rangers and the FBI so I'm just curious.

Do Billie (& you) think this was a stranger abduction? Has LE talked to all sex offenders in the area? I remember reading that where Shawn said that Hailey was spending the night, there was an Uncle or something living on the property that was a SO and just had got out of prison, has LE taken a good look at him? What happened to the neighbor that saw Hailey on the phone at noon on the 27th? I don't know if you or even Billie even know the answer to that because I don't know how much LE has shared with her.

Do you know who named Shawn as a POI and then as a suspect? Was that local LE only or the TR's or FBI? I'm just curious who made that call.
The reason I ask is that I realize anything is possible, I'm not sure how probable, but I suppose that the timeline of Shawn's actions could be coincidental. That being said, everyone is disturbed at those hideous videos he made and put on UTube, those horrible masks and the music. I don't like them either but I do realize that with the Internet young people that aren't necessarily bad people are making very weird videos and posting them. I do not like the content of them, I don't like the music, I don't like the masks, etc., but then again I can't believe everyone of those people are criminals, neo-nazi types or drug addicts.

As far as Billie and the drugs, you bring up a good point about her having to do random drug tests because of work, not that those tests can't be gotten around. If she is/was a heavy pot smoker, she would always test dirty because of the amount of time THC stays in ones system. Meth, speed, coke and the like do dissipate after 72 hours and I forget the time line for downers. In all honesty, the first time I saw Billie on NG (which I think was her first time on there) she did not look like a crack whore (sorry about the language but that's just what it's called) and it would have shown if she was, IMOO.

OK, I've had my say and I've asked my questions, hope you don't mind.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 am

I forgot to ask, does anyone know if the text of Clint's interview last night is available? I would really love to read it and if it's available, could someone provide a link?
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next