Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

+24
Sherlib
pepperann
samgoodwin
sdillard
dreitan
dlammo
Boston_Lady
pheobe
redcattex
bringthemhome
lisette
pepperacho
janie
Slys Hunny
artgal16
Praying For Faith
CritterFan1
charminglane
czgtz
raine1953
Nama
jeanne1807
gnreed
Wrapitup
28 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 11 Empty Hailey Dunn Suspect Speaks, Calls Investigation “Witch Hunt”

Post by Nama Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 pm

In an exclusive interview with CNN affiliate KTAB this week, Shawn Adkins spoke extensively for the first time since being named a suspect in the disappearance of his girlfriend’s teenage daughter and responded to some of the allegations investigators have made against him.

Adkins, 25, was the last person known to have seen 13-year-old Hailey Dunn on December 27, when he claims she told him she was going to spend the night at a friend’s house. The friend has reportedly said she never saw Hailey that day.

Colorado City, Texas authorities have identified Adkins as their only suspect in the case at this point, citing inconsistencies in his statements and suspicious behavior. In search warrant affidavits, they detailed some of those inconsistencies, but Adkins told KTAB that most of the information contained in those documents is inaccurate.

Adkins explained conflicting reports about whether he quit his job on the morning of December 27 or was fired, saying that he told investigators the truth—that he quit—but he initially told Hailey’s mother Billie Dunn that he was fired to avoid having a fight with her over it.

Asked about cell phone pings suggesting he was in the Colorado City area after leaving work while investigators say he told them he had gone to his mother’s house in Big Spring, he insisted that he was never asked specifically when he went where so those records do not contradict his story.

According to the affidavits, Adkins deleted information about his call history from his phone while police were interviewing him. “That never happened,” he told KTAB.

Adkins also denied making a comment to Hailey’s uncle about how hurting a 13-year-old girl would be like killing a deer. He said the uncle told him he had never told that to authorities. “I love animals,” he said. “I wouldn’t hurt animals either.”

He admitted that he has not been cooperating with investigators since hiring a lawyer because his attorney told him not to talk to them. He called the investigation a “witch hunt” and said that he did not trust the police anymore because “they were just trying to pin it on somebody, which was me.”

In the interview, Adkins told KTAB that he and Hailey got along well and he had no idea why her friends would say she was afraid of him. He denied claims in the affidavits that he admitted to investigators that he threatened Hailey’s life during a domestic dispute with Billie Dunn in February 2010. He acknowledged that he and Billie had a “rocky” relationship and that he threatened her, but he insisted, “I never made any threats toward Hailey.”

He also commented on photos and videos posted online of him and a relative in horror costumes, saying that those were taken for Halloween and he does not dress up like that regularly. He defended his collection of horror movie memorabilia and serial killer articles as no different from hobbies other people have, such as collecting Star Wars memorabilia.

Adkins said that he understands that people want somebody to blame for Hailey’s disappearance but it is unfair for them to continue blaming him, despite him being the last person to see her and having been unable to pass a polygraph test. He told KTAB that “I’m not a monster like some people have made me out to be…I’m just a regular guy and I love my girlfriend, I love Hailey and David, and I would never do anything to hurt her or him.”

When asked why some people the KTAB reporter had spoken to were afraid of retribution by him, Adkins said they were just scared “because of what they heard on Nancy Grace” and nobody has anything to worry about.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 11 Empty Re: #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Post Deleted

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 11 Empty Re: #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by Boston_Lady Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 pm

I think the email above is nothing more than someone trying to twist things. They way the person who wrote "I know these things" "These people".

Hailey is not alive. Her mother talks about her in past tense. I hope they arrest Shawn and Billie soon.
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:51 pm

$10 K drug debt. omg these people are hard up for story telling. Amazing. rabbit Small town gossip I'm assuming....
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Boston_Lady wrote:I think the email above is nothing more than someone trying to twist things. They way the person who wrote "I know these things" "These people".

Hailey is not alive. Her mother talks about her in past tense. I hope they arrest Shawn and Billie soon.
I agree with you Boston Lady! If it is true I'm sure LE would know about it too.
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:27 pm

The reason I posted it was to see all sides. Do I believe any of it could be true..perhaps 10% of me says maybe.

Do I believe it is a blogger that is just messing around probably 90% of me says yeppers.

But it is interesting to see whats going around. It's all information.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Where is CZ?? It seems she has gone bye bye since BD did Blog Talk Radio. Just an observation.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:54 pm

I thought about it after reading your last post Jeanne and I think you are right. Even if it's gossip or whatever if it's out there, we should read it. Thank you for changing my mind!
I don't understand mean gossip, so I am so used to dismissing it but one never knows. :thanks:
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:55 pm

That's the exact time she's been 'missing' Wrap. I'm sure I saw her sign on to VH that night but she didn't post and I haven't seen her online since. Wonder what's going on?????
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:56 pm

I think she has decided it best to say nothing at all. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Hello, hello LDillard. Great observations on Hailey's case. Love new opinions and ideas about the cases. So nice to read different theories and ideas about some of these puzzling crimes that we follow.
Welcome to VH!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Post Deleted

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:47 pm

What if the drug debt rumors are true? What if Hailey IS in hiding so they can make money off her disappearance? We have seen this before, or at least heard rumors in other cases. So have SA and BD. They also read true crime.
I should say that I don't really believe it. Sadly, I think SA did away with Hailey and BD knows it. And isn't too upset about that, either...
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Post Deleted

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Anything is possible in this world.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Post Deleted

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Post Deleted

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 pm

I thought the advertising for tires was strange.
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:18 pm

If CD is still looking for his daughter, he may need new tires. He's even been to El Paso and that is a stretch.

SDillard, PLEASE back up your statement with a link. You said, and I quote:

I dont doubt the debt since (according to reports) that SA snorted up the coke that was supposed to be sold by BD.
WHAT report(s)?? I must have a link. Thank you!!

Has anyone else read what SDillard wrote? This is news to me.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Statement ANALYSIS is just that. Analysis. IT IS NOT FACT. Therefore, I do not buy it.

This is for all new members. When a direct statement is made about this or any case, as SDillard did upthread, it MUST be accompanied by a link.

Again, what was written is NOT FACT.

Thanks!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:56 am

I've read what sdillard wrote, I think it was in Clint's interview with seamus (Peter Hyatt) - can I bring that link here?
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:23 am

samgoodwin wrote:I've read what sdillard wrote, I think it was in Clint's interview with seamus (Peter Hyatt) - can I bring that link here?

You can bring it over here but please provide a link.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 am

Well, here is a link for the comment on Shawn and Billie. If this link isn't allowed, please feel free to remove it. Thanks.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 am

samgoodwin wrote:Well, here is a link for the comment on Shawn and Billie. If this link isn't allowed, please feel free to remove it. Thanks.
Personally, I put no stock in what this man writes. I know some people believe in statement analysis but this guy seems to write some bold statements, where he gets his info I don't know. JMOO, but this seems like journalism gone wild.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:20 am

I agree. Actually, I rue the day Peter Hyatt started to blast off on what HE thinks happened. Some will take it as pure FACT, and it is the furthest thing from FACT!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 11 Empty Tires

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:19 am

Delete Post

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 11 Empty Thank you

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:21 am

samgoodwin wrote:Well, here is a link for the comment on Shawn and Billie. If this link isn't allowed, please feel free to remove it. Thanks.

Thank you for providing the link. I was racking my brain trying to remember when I had read that. Just another chapter in the SA and BD drama.

I sometimes wonder what we don't know.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:16 am

Children like Hailey are suffering due to the drug abuse that is getting worse in America. One of the main problems is prescription drug abuse. As I have mentioned before, I work with drug addicts and users who have been charged with crimes. Meth is a huge problem but in my opinion, the abuse of hydrocodone and other pain relievers is right there with meth. Doctors are aware of this but some continue to write prescriptions without asking questions. I personally believe they make more money from the drug reps.
One of my former clients revealed to me he was severely addicted to hydrocodone and did things he would not normally do after taking the pills. A few years ago, he and a friend of his were charged with capital murder after killing his own cousin and her B/F. Throats were cut in front of the mother's two very young children. He even attempted to choke one of the children to keep them from talking.
I have friends who I see abusing hydrocodone and I have even called their doctor and reported this.
Along with pain relievers, Klonopin, Xanax, and other Benzos are often taken with alcohol for an even higher feeling. Some sell their pills on the streets for $5.00 or more per pill.

I continue to believe SA did something to HD and drugs were involved. BD was there also but under the influence of drugs at the time as well. She cannot reveal the truth but the guilt is eating her alive.
This explains her behavior and failure to show emotion or search for Hailey. Why would she search if she knows what happened?
IMO, her drug abuse will only worsen and at some point she and SA will split. This will in turn cause the truth to come out.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by sdillard Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:16 am

Regardless of who does statement analysis, I believe that some things about language are true. I believe that pronoun choice is instinctive, among other things. If there was no credibility to statement analysis, I don't believe that anyone would say someone is deceased because of "past tense" speech. Isn't that statement analysis, or analysis of what is stated? Furthermore, Peter Hyatt didnt come up with the idea.....it says that CD said it. You can also listen over at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as most of what Peter Hyatt writes about comes from transcripts of interviews. I am certainly not defending this man, per se, but I do agree with statement analysis as far as word choice, slip-ups, etc. My 14 month old grandson can tell the difference in pronouns. I say to him "you can go play with that" and he will do just that! If I say "let's go play" or "let's go outside" he grabs my hand so "we" can go...

sdillard
sdillard

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:43 am

I have to agree that drugs had something to do with Hailey missing. What I just don't know.

I thought it interesting when listening to thos statement analysis that they said the number 3 detects untruthfulness.

I found that interesting.

Remember Tiffany and the 3 boats and now Hailey went to her friends at 3.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:19 am

I would like to know how this is playing out in Colorado City. Those of you from CC have a good feeling of what residents and those close to the story are saying and thinking.

Can you share? Thank you.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:23 am

I take statement analysis as an opinion based upon various studies done on the subject.
Just as a polygraph isnt taken as 100 percent accurate or factual but only as a tool to be used in analysis
as well as body language and handwriting, words can also give clues. What Peter Hyatt posts can be read as just another opinion. Even the analysis of sworn testimony by psychiatrists and psychologists can be
discounted in a court of law as many times medical experts opinons can vary as to the mental condition of a defendent.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:51 am

gnreed wrote: Meth is a huge problem but in my opinion, the abuse of hydrocodone and other pain relievers is right there with meth. Doctors are aware of this but some continue to write prescriptions without asking questions. I personally believe they make more money from the drug reps.

Along with pain relievers, Klonopin, Xanax, and other Benzos are often taken with alcohol for an even higher feeling. Some sell their pills on the streets for $5.00 or more per pill.

FYI - for anyone who wants to know, Oxycodone depending on what it's mixed with is more commonly know as Percocet, Roxicet (I think these are the Roxy's that Misty Croslin talked about in the LE videos), Percodan and other names.

Hydrocodone mixtures also known as Vicodin, Lorcet , Lortab (Misty mentioned these too), Norco and other names.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:39 am

Jeanne, you said:

You see Clint seems to sniff up his nose, for medicinal purposes, most of his money. So he lives with Naomi in her Section A housing or with his mother. He moves around.

Somebody gave Clint a trailer...one of those big ones that goes over a truck. So now his plan is to live in it. But he can't move it to somebodys yard because the tires are shot.
How do you know that Clint is using coke? How do you know he moves around? How do you know somebody gave Clint a trailer? Please, can you provide a link? Thanks!!

I have no problem w/statement analysis..as Dr. Lillian Glass does it, too. The problem I have w/Peter Hyatt is that he writes his analysis as FACT. As though it is a Done Deal. Some reading may think he is speaking FACTS when in reality, it is his own perceptions.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sdillard Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 am

YES, that's it. He does write it as fact like it's a done deal. I think people have to read it with the foreknowledge that is is indeed his PERCEPTIONS, and not as fact. Well said. you rock
sdillard
sdillard

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:06 pm

It is way cool that we have so many new members that choose to post about this young woman that is missing.
Thank you for upholding the high standards we keep here in terms of disagreements or valid links!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Very well said, Charm! Thanks!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:07 pm

You are welcome, fearless leader.

Today I am sure in my mind that there is no suspected unnamed person. I just don't buy whatever BD is selling.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by sdillard Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 pm

charminglane wrote: I just don't buy whatever BD is selling.

I dont even take it as a gift!! ☀
sdillard
sdillard

Back to top Go down

Post by sdillard Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Im learning....slowly but surely....I put a quote in a box.....It worked!!! :celebration:
sdillard
sdillard

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Good for you, sdillard! And you used an emoticon.
Welcome!! flower3
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:02 pm

sdillard wrote:Im learning....slowly but surely....I put a quote in a box.....It worked!!! :celebration:
LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pepperann Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:22 pm

charminglane wrote:You are welcome, fearless leader.

Today I am sure in my mind that there is no suspected unnamed person. I just don't buy whatever BD is selling.

Hi everyone, newbie here but just wanted to say that I wholeheartedly agree with your post charminglane.

pepperann

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:37 pm

by raine1953 Today February 12, 2010 FYI - for anyone who wants to know, Oxycodone depending on what it's mixed with is more commonly know as Percocet, Roxicet (I think these are the Roxy's that Misty Croslin talked about in the LE videos), Percodan and other names.

Hydrocodone mixtures also known as Vicodin, Lorcet , Lortab (Misty mentioned these too), Norco and other names.

I agree raine, These doctors pass these out like candy sometimes. Then they are stolen and sold on the streets.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by sdillard Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi pepperann, Im new too and shocked that I got the quote thing to work right, and I used an emoticon, LOL. My next daunting task is getting links to work when i want to post one!! Not too tech-savvy but my heart is in the right place!! Even tho Im new.....welcome to you!!
sdillard
sdillard

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Hey there pepperann!!
Welcome!
sdillard, just copy and paste from the address bar. I have complete fatih in you. :cheering:
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 pm

In my mind-I truly believe a party was happening at that house on New Years Eve. Even if it was people sitting around drinking, they were probably doing drugs as well. Hailey went missing the day after Christmas. Six days later there were people bringing beer into the house. Knowing what we know now of BD and SA, I fully believe that they were not as distraught as most parents would be, either due to drugs and alcohol or-because they KNOW.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthemhome Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:I have to agree that drugs had something to do with Hailey missing. What I just don't know.

I thought it interesting when listening to thos statement analysis that they said the number 3 detects untruthfulness.

I found that interesting.

Remember Tiffany and the 3 boats and now Hailey went to her friends at 3.

Misty Croslin "I just saw 3" wrt the time she woke up and noticed HaLeigh was gone 🇳🇴
bringthemhome
bringthemhome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next