Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

+24
Sherlib
pepperann
samgoodwin
sdillard
dreitan
dlammo
Boston_Lady
pheobe
redcattex
bringthemhome
lisette
pepperacho
janie
Slys Hunny
artgal16
Praying For Faith
CritterFan1
charminglane
czgtz
raine1953
Nama
jeanne1807
gnreed
Wrapitup
28 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 10 Empty Re: #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:22 am

Me either! BJ, :thanks: you rock

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 10 Empty Re: #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by Nama Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:54 am

How were you two posting links? I don't know any other way. When I post a link without using the #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 10 Link-1 it doesn't always work.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:26 am

I just copy and paste.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:10 am

I know that I've clicked on links in posts that don't work....not sure if any of them were yours Raine. When that happens I try to find the article and correct the link. Just doing a copy and paste does work sometimes, but not always.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 am

I didn't realize that copy/paste doesn't work at times BJ. From now on I'll use the link icon, promise!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:35 am

raine1953 wrote:Me either! BJ, :thanks: you rock

I agree I did not know that either BJ. I had no idea what that link was for. Just how did you get so smart about all of this, you, LM and Sassy? I just do the copy and paste also.

cool :thanks: Bravo :lol:

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 am

raine1953 wrote:I just copy and paste.

That's what I have been doing too! Now I know... thanks, BJ!! you rock
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 am

I have never had a problem just copying and pasting, but if I ever do, I will use the link. Old habits die hard. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!!!! cool
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:25 am

BJ♥️OR wrote:We were all new to this once and we're all still learning....... rocking smile

Copy the address from the address bar on the page you want to post a link to and then click on #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 10 Link-1 (it's above the box that you're posting in) and a little box will drop down. Paste the address into the TOP box and click OK. That's all there is to it.

This must be what you have tried to explain to me. I will try it with my next link..I promise. You all know I could not post a picture but thanks to our great mods..now I can. I promise to do the links...if I don't forget.

Patience is a virtue..too. lol. Have patience with me. God isn't finished yet! :cheering:
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:29 am

I know that when I read that slip about Billie not searching for a dead Hailey it put my hinky meter at high alert. I can't even explain it. I know it was explained away but I am not sure I believe the explanations. Why can't every state have the sunshine law? Because there is a whole lot going on that LE is not talking about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:24 am

How did drugs impact Hailey's short life?

Likely more than we will ever know. We can, however, speculate on the impact.

Marijuana
Cocaine
Narcotics (pain killers)
Alcohol

We heard that David's father is in prison for drugs, leaving Hailey's brother bereft of a father's influence. This would mean that David would be raised without a father because of drugs. His life would then in turn impact Hailey's.

People close to the family say that Billie Jean Dunn lost her license to be a nurse due to drugs. This would impact income for the family.

Marijuana use is often minimized by users and it is sometimes portrayed as medicinal in its use. People who use it regularly will under-report the frequency of its use.

Marijuana impacts drive and initiative. The proverbial "pot head" stereotype is based upon the reality that chronic use in males may inhibit their focus and drive, leaving them without the necessary drive to provide for a family and be actively involved.

Hailey told relatives that she feared Shawn Adkins. Her father uses marijuana every day, he said, for pain. When his mother revealed that Hailey feared Shawn, Clint seemed to have little reaction. He said that Hailey didn't tell him about her fear of Hailey, perhaps to keep him from getting in trouble, and I don't doubt that Hailey, at 13, was parentified due to the abdication by Clint and Billie Dunn, but it also appears that no one knew Hailey. I get the sense from the parents' answers that no one seemed to listen to Hailey and all seem to just shrug their collective shoulders about concerns. Did marijuana leave him "high" and "buzzing" contemplating his navel rather than getting off his rear end and protecting his daughter?

Clint told us about Billie scarring David in a homemade tattoo and about Shawn blowing the family cocaine (meant for sale) up his nose.

Yet, he didn't take any action to protect Hailey?

Billie called the police because Shawn threatened Billie, Hailey and Clint.

Clint barely seemed to yarn.

Homemade tattoos, a loss of a nursing license, walking the streets at night, cocaine in the home, yet what is the dominant theme that comes from Clint?

No reaction.

If he acknowledges smoking marijuana every day, it is more likely day and night; this is the nature of drug use. But after all these years of smoking pot, a lifestyle punctuated by 'nothingness' and inactivity may be appealing to 'bang on the drum all day' but not for parenting.

Parenting is hard work.

Cocaine.

Clint told us that Billie bought an ounce, was angry at the dealer's measuring skills, cut it into quarters to sell, but that Shawn blew it up his nose.

Cocaine and violence are linked.

I met a man once who was small, polite, respectful, well dressed, nerdy, and meek. He sat before me seeking counsel.

He grew up quiet, straight A's, lonely, and ostracized in school.
He didn't look like a guy who could survive 7 years in prison, but he did.

What did he go to prison for?

He ran out of cocaine and his elderly aunt denied him access to her purse, so he took a kitchen knife and plunged it into her chest repeatedly until she was dead, took the money from her purse and bought his drug. 7 years.
That is what the court valued an elderly woman's life at.

Prescription rx

Sources say that Billie has had a long term addiction to pain killers and tranquilizers. This is why she had a "tooth ache" on the Nancy Grace Show. Emergency Rooms are crowded, beginning at 5PM on Friday nights, continuing all weekend, with two major complains of those seeking drugs:

back pain
tooth ache

What does this mean for children?

Narcotic addiction generally means that the person is high, or comfortable, for up to 8 hours, but will begin to disipate from the body.

"Jonesing" begins...a subtle withdrawal with aches that mimick the flu, which gets worse at 24 hours. The person withdrawing becomes terribly irritable and can run a fever, vomit, diarehea, and so on.

The 'drug mommy' while high can appear kind, loving, and caring, but when the withdrawal begins, the monster comes out. It is a nightmare roller coaster ride for children, even babies, can recognize the dramatic face changes.

Next starts the search for drugs, doctor shopping, falsifying scripts and issues with money.

Billie and Shawn made two withdrawals from ATMS on December 26. Shawn said it was for drugs. This means food money, rent money, and money to buy kids' sneakers goes for vicodin purchases.

Neglect on side, hurts physically and emotinally, but then can be a relief if the drug addict has anger issues, which has been reportedly been Shawn's issues.
Did he really quit his job?

(Why did Billie Jean repeat that he dropped off his "overalls" at work and left?)

Did he have issues with co workers?

Addicts often trouble family members to the point of destroying lives and bonds.

I think that we will eventually, after arrests, learn how much drugs played into this horrible scenario.

Drugs and Lying.

Recovered Addicts will attest that lying is part of the addiction. The addiction is fueled with lies and the more one lies, the easier it gets.

Billie Jean flunked her polygraph, as did Shawn Adkins. The questions were plain:
Do you know where Hailey is?
Did you cause her harm?

Billie party'd about her New Year's Eve party where Clint reported that they brought in 2 cases of beer. Alcohol played a role. Many sexual offenses have alcohol as a part of the crime.

Clint's mother said she thought Shawn raped her and when she threatened to tell, he killed her.

Others have speculated that Hailey may have been impregnated by Shawn, though there is little evidence to suggest this (some point to the video of Hailey in school and some of Shawn's remarks as possible indicators) but own that it is speculation only.

When Billie called police, who did she seek to blame?

Clint.

Lying comes easy to addicts.

Who searched for Hailey? Clint did, but Billie, Shawn and David all sat home, with David playing video games. Shawn even reported that Hailey was into pot.

On the day Hailey was reported missing, Clint was arrested for marijuana, which would have cast immediate suspicion on him. Yet his denial of causing her disappearance is strong and police do not show any interest in him. This did not stop Billie Dunn from throwing suspicion his way.
source
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 am

I feel that the dynamic going on between Billie and Clint has to do with drugs. That is why he reversed his position and stopped criticizing Billie. Drugs might not directly have anything to do with Hailey disappearance but they definitely have a peripheral
cause for her disappearance. Every single one of them is totally unfit to parent. I have see what a distracted parent worried about money or other problems can do by lashing out at children or just ignoring them completely. Drugs have invaded ever fiber of Billie Shawns and Clints existence and through them affected Hailey and her brother and because of it Hailey is missing.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:08 am

by Wrapitup Today at 4:02 am I have never had a problem just copying and pasting, but if I ever do, I will use the link.
If you are just copying and pasting the link into the post.......check the link to be sure that it works.; don't just assume it does.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:50 am

artgal16 wrote:I feel that the dynamic going on between Billie and Clint has to do with drugs. That is why he reversed his position and stopped criticizing Billie. Drugs might not directly have anything to do with Hailey disappearance but they definitely have a peripheral
cause for her disappearance. Every single one of them is totally unfit to parent. I have see what a distracted parent worried about money or other problems can do by lashing out at children or just ignoring them completely. Drugs have invaded ever fiber of Billie Shawns and Clints existence and through them affected Hailey and her brother and because of it Hailey is missing.

But BD told us on the NG show that drugs have never been a part of her life in the past or in the present.
Could BD not be truthful??

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:56 am

Well in this media age, with so many social outlets to share videos and pictures - we have seen photographic evidence of drug use. I dont know how one could dispute that!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:36 am

I was being somewhat sarcastic. Right or wrong, I have had a problem with BD from day one. First of all, a mother whose child is missing, is NOT going to have a party, a small get together, or whatever, a fews days after she reports her daughter missing. A worried mother is going to be walking door to door, making telephone calls, whatever it takes to find her child. We are all too smart to believe her attempts at acting.

Also, a good mother is not going to place her lover before her children. BD is doing that.
I know this has all been discussed repeatedly but after reading some blogs on other sites, she actually has some people changing their opinions about she and SA.
Not here. LE may not consider her a suspect, but I believe LE is wrong.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 am

To be fair. None of us that have never had a missing child have no idea how we would react. We just don't.

Some might wither into a ball. Some might rise to great heights.

The way she reacted to Hailey has never been my priority.

What I do find unsettleing is all of the other things we have come to find out. Drugs, SA bothering Hailey and BD acting suprised..what..who..when...why didn't somebody tell me. Just not buying that.

I have gotten the idea that Hailey pretty much raised herself. Nobody was home. How many nights did Hailey come home to the smell of cookies baking or a hot meal on the table. How many nights did Hailey leave home because of the smell of pot and the sounds of lovemaking. I don't think anybody was spared in that home.

That is what I object to mostly. The lack of care Hailey was growing up with.

How a mother reacts is just that..to each of us something different for sure.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:52 am

And to tell you the truth I don't think a party was held at BD's home on New Years Eve. I have been one of her toughest critics but I do not believe there was a party.

I think somebody brought some beer..thats what they do..they drink. I think somebody brought some food. They had to eat. I think the tv might have been on.

I think some people were at Billies house trying to figure out what happened to Hailey and where the heck she could be. I think right then they still though she was simply missing.

I have read and heard it all and I don't believe a party was there that night.

When my friends husband passed away recently myself and another close friend and her husband went over there to be with her that day they took him away.

The other friends daughter brought over pasta and bread..so we had food.

We had tea and cokes..thats our drink of choice.

We turned on Wheel of Fortune and watched that.

We made out lists for our friend..things that had to be taken care of and we wrote down phone numbers.

Did we have a party. Of course not. I would hate for anybody to think anything like that. We got through that horrible day as best we could.

I am sure NG would make something out of that one. Shame on her sometimes.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Whenever you have two or more people at a residence, there is at least two cases of beer, food, etc, and it IS New Years Eve, it IS a PARTY. No matter how large or small. It is a party.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 pm

I agree somewhat Jeanne but at the point when they had the get-together Hailey was missing and anything could be happening to her. You are correct though, we all handle things differently.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Well then we shall agree to disagree on this one gnreed.

Would you then say that if my friends husband died on New Years Eve and our drink of choice was beer when we gathered..it was a party?

I think not.

I guess timing is everything. lol

By the way..some drink beer every single day. Some drink coffee every single day.

So when they gather they drink their "drink of choice" A tea drinker would not want a beer and a beer drinker would not want hot tea.

MOO

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Jeanne, it was different circumstances. Hailey was missing. She could have been next door, down the street in a vacant house or building. Point is, BD was at a "get together".

IMO, BD knew at the time as she does now. Why search. Hailey is no longer with us.
I apologize for being blunt, but that's what BD appears to be saying.

Last edited by gnreed on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:10 pm

But one who had a missing child would not wander the streets for ever.

There would be a time you gather with loved ones and try to make sense of what happened. Could she be here..should we call there. Should we do this.

Some would eat..some might not be able to. Some might have a beer some might have a pepto bismal.

My opinion is there was no party.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:12 pm

You are right. We agree to disagree on this.
NYE was only a few days after HD was reported missing. I would not add "wander the streets forever" just yet.

With all the videos of drug use, partying, etc, I am still placing my bet on it being a party on NYE.

You are also correct in saying one does not know how they would react in a situation like a child missing. But I am almost certain most would pass a polygraph and not walk out during interview.

Can someone post a link or give information as to who and when did LE clear BD in this case?

Last edited by gnreed on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 pm

by gnreed Today at 1:00 pm Whenever you have two or more people at a residence, there is at least two cases of beer, food, etc, and it IS New Years Eve, it IS a PARTY. No matter how large or small. It is a party.
I don't see anything wrong with people gathering at Billie's house on New Years. Whatever it was .... a party??....or just relatives coming to support Billie??, what's the difference. Just because people were drinking beer doesn't mean it was a party and I don't know why the gathering needs to be given a name. Don't confuse my opinion with me being a supporter of everything that Billie does.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:37 pm

"party" does not have to = "celebration".
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 pm

BJ♥OR wrote:
by gnreed Today at 1:00 pm Whenever you have two or more people at a residence, there is at least two cases of beer, food, etc, and it IS New Years Eve, it IS a PARTY. No matter how large or small. It is a party.
I don't see anything wrong with people gathering at Billie's house on New Years. Whatever it was .... a party??....or just relatives coming to support Billie??, what's the difference. Just because people were drinking beer doesn't mean it was a party and I don't know why the gathering needs to be given a name. Don't confuse my opinion with me being a supporter of everything that Billie does.

Not sure it does matter but LE thought it was odd and I agree with them. Child missing and Mom and B/F have a "get together."

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm

gnreed, here's the link.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed Monday Billie Dunn has been ruled out as a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Posted this morning.
This is why I believe BD is still a POI.

Hailey Dunn: Message from Peter Kampfer
Posted: February 10, 2011 | Author: casesignal | Filed under: Hailey Dunn | Tags: Billie Jean Dunn, hailey dunn, Shawn Adkins | 1 Comment »
This morning I sent the following request to Pete Kampfer, Colorado City Manager, and John Bivins, Colorado City Chief of Police:

from Case Signal
to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
date Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:07 AM
subject Hailey Dunn clarification
mailed-by gmail.com
6:07 AM (5 hours ago)

Gentlemen,

I am so sorry to trouble you at a time I know you are very busy, but I wondering if you get a moment, if you might clarify two pieces of information regarding the Hailey Dunn case, so that I might publish your answer on my website.

My website is Case Signal, at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and seeks to publish highly credible and reliable information regarding Hailey Dunn’s case, in hopes that the public might be able to use it to identify tips to bring to law enforcement’s attention, to assist in determining what happened to Hailey, and where she is.

Two matters keep coming up recently that seem to me to be causing confusion to the public, and I feel may be distracting us (the public) from being as helpful as we could be. The two items are:

1- Is Shawn Adkins currently a person of interest (POI) or a suspect in the case, or has he been cleared or ruled out? Or would it be accurate to say he is no longer either a person of interest or a suspect in this case?

2- Has Billie Jean Dunn been ruled out or cleared as both a POI and suspect in this case, or would it be more accurate to say simply that she is not currently, or no longer, a POI or suspect? Are you able to state that law enforcement does not currently believe that Billie Dunn was, or is, involved in Hailey’s disappearance?

Any clarification you could offer that I might be able to publish on my website would be most appreciated. I will simply copy and paste your answer verbatim, to avoid any further confusion.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for your work on Hailey’s case.

I received the following reply from Peter Kampfer:

from City Manager
to Case Signal
cc John Bivins
date Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:35 AM
subject RE: Hailey Dunn clarification
10:35 AM (48 minutes ago)

I have been advise to state that “law enforcement continues to work the Hailey Dunn case predominately as a criminal investigation, to include several persons of interest. Shawn Adkins is one of the persons of interest.”

Pete Kampfer, CPM
City Manager
City of Colorado City

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 pm

IMO, we already knew that. Kampfer has stated this in the media as recently as a couple of nights ago.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:01 pm

I only see where the reporter says, PK stated BD was cleared as a POI.
Does anyone have a link where he is giving this information?

I am hearing two different things. A person very close to the case said with BD giving conflicting statements to LE and media, she has always been a POI.

IMO, PK is a spokeman and does not have all the information the investigators have. Thankfully, they are not talking much. Sit back and let SA and BD do the talking.
This is why BD was venting her frustration during last PC when she was frustrated because LE would not tell her anything and were negligent because they weren't looking for MM.

Wake up BD. LE is looking at you and SA. They may need to look nowhere else.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:15 pm

I still say that the 'party' is not important. In times of stress families do get together for support and if one or more of them have a beer I don't think it's a big deal. Wasn't it just family members at Billie's house on New Years Eve? Now if her house was full of friends and casual acquaintances on New Years Eve, I would have a different opinion.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:16 pm

No offense meant at all but dude, how many times does PK have to say it? I've read also that he is the spokesman for LE, if he had mis-spoke last week by saying BD was cleared don't you think that he'd be right back out doing a retraction to the media? IMOO, he would have.
I do think what you said about sitting back and letting SA and BD do the talking is a good idea but I have to add all parties to that and let the chips fall where they may.
I continue to pray that Hailey is safe.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:21 pm

raine1953 wrote:No offense meant at all but dude, how many times does PK have to say it? I've read also that he is the spokesman for LE, if he had mis-spoke last week by saying BD was cleared don't you think that he'd be right back out doing a retraction to the media? IMOO, he would have.
I do think what you said about sitting back and letting SA and BD do the talking is a good idea but I have to add all parties to that and let the chips fall where they may.

No offense taken, but IMO, PK is a joke. I am not the only person who thinks so that lives near C-City. He only knows what the investigators tell him, which isn't everything.
LE tells the "Spokesman" only what they want the media and maybe the POI's to hear.

BTW, both professional search groups are returning to C-City later this month to organize new searches.

Last edited by gnreed on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:21 pm

BJ♥OR wrote:I still say that the 'party' is not important. In times of stress families do get together for support and if one or more of them have a beer I don't think it's a big deal. Wasn't it just family members at Billie's house on New Years Eve? Now if her house was full of friends and casual acquaintances on New Years Eve, I would have a different opinion.

I agree 100% BJ. People 'gather' in good times and in bad, some drink coffee, some pepsi and some beer, I do not think that's important at all. I've either read or heard that it was family at Billies on NYE and if the TV was on, I really think that's normal.
If it had been a 'celebration' of any sort, then I'd jump in and judge.
Just like Jeanne said, when their friend died, they gathered for support and we all know that's as normal as normal can be during a time like that.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:24 pm

gnreed wrote:
raine1953 wrote:No offense meant at all but dude, how many times does PK have to say it? I've read also that he is the spokesman for LE, if he had mis-spoke last week by saying BD was cleared don't you think that he'd be right back out doing a retraction to the media? IMOO, he would have.

No offense taken, but IMO, PK is a joke. I am not the only person who thinks so that lives near C-City. He only knows what the investigators tell him, which isn't everything.
LE tells the "Spokesman" only what they want the media and maybe the POI's to hear.

He may be just as you say but wouldn't it have been LE that appointed PK as their spokesman? I agree, LE only releases what they want the public to know to the media. I'd worry if they showed all their cards to us.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:25 pm

raine1953 wrote:
BJ♥OR wrote:I still say that the 'party' is not important. In times of stress families do get together for support and if one or more of them have a beer I don't think it's a big deal. Wasn't it just family members at Billie's house on New Years Eve? Now if her house was full of friends and casual acquaintances on New Years Eve, I would have a different opinion.

I agree 100% BJ. People 'gather' in good times and in bad, some drink coffee, some pepsi and some beer, I do not think that's important at all. I've either read or heard that it was family at Billies on NYE and if the TV was on, I really think that's normal.
If it had been a 'celebration' of any sort, then I'd jump in and judge.
Just like Jeanne said, when their friend died, they gathered for support and we all know that's as normal as normal can be during a time like that.

Once again, there is a difference in a death and a child missing. That is all I am saying about the subject. We disagree and that is fine.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:39 pm

BJ♥OR wrote:
by Wrapitup Today at 4:02 am I have never had a problem just copying and pasting, but if I ever do, I will use the link.
If you are just copying and pasting the link into the post.......check the link to be sure that it works.; don't just assume it does.
The link shows on the article, yet does not work as it cannot be clicked on to go there. Thanks for the info!!!! BJ Rocks.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 pm

I had a lot of posts to go through. Did I catch it being questioned if BD has been cleared? I noticed the question was asked by PK if BD has been cleared. No answer was given.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Professional Searchers Returning to Colorado City

Two national missing child search organizations are returning to Colorado City next week for a in the hopes of finding Hailey Dunn, who has been missing since Dec. 27.

The Laura Recovery Center and KlaasKids came to help organize searches last month and will do the same on Feb. 18, 19 and 20.

The volunteers who were trained by the two private groups have been conducting searches every Wednesday and Saturday from 9 a.m. until dark.

Volunteers, especially those with ATVs or horses, are asked to join in any of the searches, but particularly the large-scale one coming up next week. They will meet each morning at the Colorado City Civic Center.
A limited amount of free housing will be available for searchers who come in from out of town, Dawn Davis of the LRC said. Those interested are asked to coordinate in advance by calling 866-898-5723.

The Laura Recovery Center, based outside Houston in Friendswood, Texas, organizes community-based searches using very specific mapping and communication techniques.
The organization was founded in 1998, a year following the deadly abduction of 12-year-old Laura Smither. Smither's body was recovered 17 days after her disappearance. The organization was established to honor the volunteers, document and publish their effective search methods, and educate families, communities, and law enforcement in working together to prevent abductions.

The KlaasKids Foundation was established in 1994 in an effort to help protect children. The group's founder, Marc Klaas, is the father of murder victim Polly Hannah Klaas.

The groups have organized and conducted more than 90 missing child searches in the United States.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:59 pm

lindamarie wrote:I had a lot of posts to go through. Did I catch it being questioned if BD has been cleared? I noticed the question was asked by PK if BD has been cleared. No answer was given.

I only heard the media say they were told. I saw where he was asked and he had no comment.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Oh Raine that is wonderful news. I was so afraid when I heard searchers were "dwindling" I thought poor Hailey.
This would be a very good stradegy. Come in and train the troops..leave with somebody behind to guide them and then return when interest waines.

I wish Mark Klass could come in and really work this case. Actually after writing that I am sure he is doing everything he is capable of doing.

Does anybody happen to know or remember...are most children that are killed...found by searchers or by accident? Somebody just happening by. I know Morgan Harrington was found by accident. Caylee was found maybe accident..jury still out on that one.

Any others come to mind?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Actually after getting acquainted with both BD and CD's family and getting to know SA and his friends I would say everybody is a POI. Perhaps it has never been written down but I bet their eye is on each and every one of them.

Personally I think they will get the key players on drugs. Buying or selling. When they are ready. Just like they did in the Hailey Cummings case.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:28 pm

I have been advise to state that “law enforcement continues to work the Hailey Dunn case predominately as a criminal investigation, to include several persons of interest. Shawn Adkins is one of the persons of interest.”

Pete Kampfer, CPM
City Manager
City of Colorado City

Since PK did not answer a pointed question regarding BD being cleared as POI, he answered the question. She is still one of the suspects along with Shawn Adkins. The fact that both BD and SA continue to change their stories, they might as well have flashing lights with arrows pointing at them. I don't remember seeing any cases where they changed everything so much. And, how many times do you see the persons of interests hold their own press conference to give their "version" of the time line?

I only hope the arrests come soon.
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Jeanne, I am so glad that The Laura Recovery Center and KlaasKids are coming back too. It worried me that the searches were dwindling down and I'm thinking that there'll be renewed interest with the arrival of these groups. Last time Mark Klass was in town I read that he spent time with Billie and I hope he can again, I'm sure his input is invaluable.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 10 City_m10
COLORADO CITY — A daily barrage of questions from the media was not in Pete Kampfer's job description, when he hired on as city manager in Colorado City over a year ago.

But questions from reporters are the norm for Kampfer since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn disappeared almost a month ago. The case has attracted much local and national media attention, and Kampfer is the primary liaison for information in the case.

"We just want to find her in good order," Kampfer said, of Hailey, who was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother Billie Jean Dunn.

Investigators have been tight-lipped about evidence and developments in the case, but the media are persistent, seeking daily updates on search efforts, evidence and possible arrests.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Whether or not BD is a POI, LE is doing the right thing. If she was named a POI, LE probably believes she would shut down and stop talking. They do not want this. I believe they are listening with pen and paper in hand each time she talks.
When the times comes SA is arrested, things will fall into place for the arrest of BD. We will find out how much SA loves Billie. I am thinking he will find it hard to stop talking. According to the affadavits, he was already saying the both of them were to blame.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:38 pm

I always have kind of thought his "both of us" statement referred to the kind of life they provided for Hailey.

I think he knew that both of them liked each other a whole lot better then they liked Hailey and I think he knew that Hailey as a young girl had was too much freedom and not a lot of loving. BD strikes me as a party girl that got "stuck" with kids. She was only making the best of it and not embracing motherhood.

I am sure he did not care..he had his woman and his good times..careing not for the girl.

But when push came to shove he knew..they done her wrong. Hence the "both of us" statement.

Just an observation and I have nothing to prove or disprove my statement.

Just something I have thought about.

The Hailey being in Surry county always made me think he thought Hailey might have fled to Donna Byerleys home again. I think she lived in Surry?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 10 Empty Hailey Dunn Suspect Speaks, Calls Investigation “Witch Hunt”

Post by Nama Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 pm

In an exclusive interview with CNN affiliate KTAB this week, Shawn Adkins spoke extensively for the first time since being named a suspect in the disappearance of his girlfriend’s teenage daughter and responded to some of the allegations investigators have made against him.

Adkins, 25, was the last person known to have seen 13-year-old Hailey Dunn on December 27, when he claims she told him she was going to spend the night at a friend’s house. The friend has reportedly said she never saw Hailey that day.

Colorado City, Texas authorities have identified Adkins as their only suspect in the case at this point, citing inconsistencies in his statements and suspicious behavior. In search warrant affidavits, they detailed some of those inconsistencies, but Adkins told KTAB that most of the information contained in those documents is inaccurate.

Adkins explained conflicting reports about whether he quit his job on the morning of December 27 or was fired, saying that he told investigators the truth—that he quit—but he initially told Hailey’s mother Billie Dunn that he was fired to avoid having a fight with her over it.

Asked about cell phone pings suggesting he was in the Colorado City area after leaving work while investigators say he told them he had gone to his mother’s house in Big Spring, he insisted that he was never asked specifically when he went where so those records do not contradict his story.

According to the affidavits, Adkins deleted information about his call history from his phone while police were interviewing him. “That never happened,” he told KTAB.

Adkins also denied making a comment to Hailey’s uncle about how hurting a 13-year-old girl would be like killing a deer. He said the uncle told him he had never told that to authorities. “I love animals,” he said. “I wouldn’t hurt animals either.”

He admitted that he has not been cooperating with investigators since hiring a lawyer because his attorney told him not to talk to them. He called the investigation a “witch hunt” and said that he did not trust the police anymore because “they were just trying to pin it on somebody, which was me.”

In the interview, Adkins told KTAB that he and Hailey got along well and he had no idea why her friends would say she was afraid of him. He denied claims in the affidavits that he admitted to investigators that he threatened Hailey’s life during a domestic dispute with Billie Dunn in February 2010. He acknowledged that he and Billie had a “rocky” relationship and that he threatened her, but he insisted, “I never made any threats toward Hailey.”

He also commented on photos and videos posted online of him and a relative in horror costumes, saying that those were taken for Halloween and he does not dress up like that regularly. He defended his collection of horror movie memorabilia and serial killer articles as no different from hobbies other people have, such as collecting Star Wars memorabilia.

Adkins said that he understands that people want somebody to blame for Hailey’s disappearance but it is unfair for them to continue blaming him, despite him being the last person to see her and having been unable to pass a polygraph test. He told KTAB that “I’m not a monster like some people have made me out to be…I’m just a regular guy and I love my girlfriend, I love Hailey and David, and I would never do anything to hurt her or him.”

When asked why some people the KTAB reporter had spoken to were afraid of retribution by him, Adkins said they were just scared “because of what they heard on Nancy Grace” and nobody has anything to worry about.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next