Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011

+14
raine1953
Boston_Lady
Praying For Faith
charminglane
HippieChick
ctee1
cherylz
jeanne1807
Nama
Gigi cares
janie
Wrapitup
lisette
artgal16
18 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Not a chance - there was no scientific data made available at all and the witness cannot possibly provide any is my understanding its only an opinion based upon his studying of the plant growth over the years. Gee, Ive worked in my garden for 25 years and I know plant growth quite well, they can have my opinion if they want!

artgal16

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011

Post by lisette Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Attorney for Sheriff of Orange County filed an Emergency Motion for Protective Order today in regards to the subpoena from Bozo for the appearance of Yuri Melich at the hearings this week. It points out that no specific time is stated and that it is a waste of taxpayer's money that he come and sit for three days, not knowing when he will be called.
Motion:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:27 pm

NO wonder people call Baez Bozo
Bozo the clown could write up legal docs better than Baez
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Kim Kardashian Says Casey Case Is 'Disturbing'
ORLANDO, Fla. -- It's one of the biggest cases in Central Florida, but the Casey Anthony case is also drawing interest from all over the country, including celebrities.
Kim Kardashian posted an update Monday on her Twitter and Facebook accounts about the case.
"Anyone keeping up with the Casey Anthony murder case? What are your thoughts? I can't wait for this to go to trial. Its so disturbing," she wrote.

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Casey Anthony's defense wants assistant state attorney to testify
By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:36 PM

ORLANDO --
The defense wants to call an assistant state attorney to testify in the Case against Casey.

Kenneth Lewis, a homicide prosecutor, is being added to the witness list for the defense.

Lewis is the prosecutor in the James Ward case, the Isleworth millionaire accused of killing his wife.

The defense said it has recently learned Lewis may have information concerning Anthony's right to due process.

Prosecutors are required to fully disclose all exculpatory evidence they have.

The defense also wants to add two more people to the list – well-known psychiatrist Dr. Danzinger and a Boca Raton doctor.

The defense wants them to testify concerning Anthony's state of mind now that Judge Belvin Perry has ruled statements made by the young mother could be used against her at her trial.

Read more at:

Last edited by lisette on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Casey Anthony defense wants to call homicide prosecutor as witness

Casey Anthony's defense team filed a handful of items in her first-degree murder case late Monday, including a motion to add a state prosecutor to their witness list.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason wants Assistant State Attorney Kenneth Lewis, who handles homicide cases, added to the witness list.

Mason's motion said the defense team recently learned that Lewis may have testimony under Brady v. Maryland, which requires prosecutors to fully disclose to the defendant all exculpatory evidence in their possession.

Lewis prosecuted the state's case against Maya Derkovic, who, as a jail inmate, befriended Casey Anthony. Lewis is not prosecuting Anthony's case.

The defense also wants to call Jeffrey Danziger, a well-known Central Florida psychiatrist who frequently testifies at criminal trials, as a witness.

Anthony, 25, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie Anthony in the summer of 2008. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Also made public Tuesday morning was a defense motion dealing with Dr. David Hall, a forensic botanist who authored a report that helps the prosecution estimate how long Caylee's remains were in the woods before they were found.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry ruled last week that Hall will be allowed to give his opinion during the trial.

But in their latest motion, the defense team is asking for a "Frye hearing," referring to the "Frye test," which deals with admitting new scientific evidence in the courtroom and determining whether the evidence has "gained general acceptance."

If Perry doesn't grant a Frye hearing, the defense asks that he clarify the basis of admissibility of Hall's opinion testimony.

Detective to testify at this week's hearings

Meanwhile, the Orange County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday filed an emergency motion related to a defense subpoena for a detective who will be called to testify during hearings slated to begin Wednesday morning.

The Sheriff's Office said Detective Yuri Melich was subpoenaed for a hearing scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday, in which a myriad of motions will be heard.

Those motions including Frye hearings for chloroform, human decomposition and plant root growth.

Melich's testimony won't be required for all the motions.

The Sheriff's Office said it tried to coordinate with the defense team to put Melich on standby, which is common for law-enforcement officers, but was unable to.

"It is a waste of tax payer money and unduly burdensome for Detective Melich to be present at the courthouse when he is not providing testimony," the Sheriff's Office attorney wrote.

The Sheriff's Office asked the court to put Melich on stand-by, or provide a specific date and time for his appearance.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm

The state of mind is probably going to be the "ugly coping" defense which was used once in a case and coined the phrase. However, like the twinky defense,
you can pull this type of thing off once, but not again,
at least thats my thought. In the case of the wife who was accused of killing her husband by poisoning him
and then went out and got breasts implants and partied she only got 2 years as I recall - it was bullxxxx
tthen and its the same now.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Raven-haired Cynthia Sommer was a woman who did not grieve properly following the death of her husband, Marine Sgt. Todd Sommer. Cynthia, a young mother suddenly alone, went visably amuck on a reckless spree that apparently included Tijuana bars, thong contests, enhanced breasts, and plenty of sex with marines who were probably familar with her loss.

Sommer's attorney, Allen Bloom, said of his client, "She lost her emotional compass. She went off the deep end. This is not an unusual phenomenon." In April, 2008, Cynthia left prison after having served two incarcerated years for the murder of her husband by arsenic poisoning when prosecutors in a new trial dropped the case after new tests and conclusions by toxology experts did not support the former charge.

For a time, the Sommer's case caught the attention of the public eye for numerous reasons. The original prosecutor, Gunn, pointed out how grossly inappropriate Sommer's actions were for a grieving widow. Some bloggers talked incessantly about the insurance money Sommers received and the fact that she now had a little money and a whole lotta boob. Others commented on the two sides of the experts' coin. And there were many who, dismissing the acceptance of reasonable doubt, continued to condemn Sommers by examining her expressively wanton actions.

Today Sommer's name is back in the news because the attorneys for Casey Anthony, a young mother who is charged with the murder of her two-year old daughter, Caylee, appear to be latching on to a term coined by a Columbia University grief and bereavement expert, Professor George Bonanno. Bonanno applied the term "Ugly Coping" to Cindy Sommer's behavior saying, "The defendant did this with unusual rapidity, which raises eyebrows, but it isn't illogical to me and it doesn't seem like it's so abherrent." Bonanno defines ugly coping as "behavior that is generally not healthy or socially acceptable, but it is one's way of getting through an undesirable event."

My commentary after reading about this case is not about who Cynthia Sommer is or is not. It is not about the fact that Casey Anthony may or may not be a sociopath. It is about Professor Bonanno's term for the deviant copers in this world, and more specifically, it is about my own ugliness. It is a reflection on a getting past, a getting by, and a coming to terms with the composition of one's inner world. It is about a daughter and a father who loved, but always at a distance.

My father was a mountain, unmoveable. Or so I'd always thought. He was a silent man, physically stong, resilient. His mission in life was to work hard, daily, and to maintain the household of his family. We did not communicate well together, ever. We were the doers in my family and neither of us were talkers. I rarely thought I liked him, but I always respected him. The only I love you, that I recall ever hearing him say was heard once after he began chemotherapy. For the first time in my life, he was around some and sitting, not working. I bounced into his house and he, in the confines of his favorite chair, remarked, Well, hello Valentine. I knew then and now that my father had just told me he loved me.

On the morning before my father's august death, he asked me to go to the store and get him a bunch of seedless purple grapes. He also added a directive. My father said, Before you come back here, look on the tires of that used car you bought. Write down the letters/numbers that you see. I want to know that you've got what you need for winter. My father no longer had breath nor wind for words, and the command coming from one who had always stormed was somehow ominously clear.

When I left my father's room, I stopped in the lobby of the hospital and called a man I occasionally dated. I told him I was going to get grapes for my father, and I asked him if he had time to join me for the morning. This man, CJ, lived in this city where my father had received VA hospital treatment and where he now lay dying. I liked CJ, and we had always connected without constraint. We understood each other's spirit. CJ was an outdoorsman and for a couple of years we'd grabbed snatches of time together. We'd fished in four seasons, hiked, met sometimes at Barnes and Nobles, shot Bourbon, and loved listening to an April mountain rain.

Later, walking through the fruit aisle of a nearby food chain store, I began to cry. CJ had arrived, and he put his arm around me. He steered me through the checkout line, and he took me to his nearby home. He made tea, and after I spent a few hours nestled in his arms.

That afternoon, when I returned to my father's hospital room, the man who had reared and maintained my life was gone. Sandbags slid back into the sea. The remaining fragment, now comatose, was washed clear by sunrise.

When I think about my father's passing and the final hours in that city, I always scream the thought, Why did you leave him? Knowing that my father's last request was to have security about my own safety never leaves me long. I could have asked my father to somehow tell me who he was. The knowledge that my father craved and did not receive in his last hours seedless purple grapes creates rot and fester in my mind. The response that reflection always brings back to me is: You knew. I could have told him he was my sun, my core, my mantle. I could have held his hand, or fed him fruit.

I do not know what Sommer and Anthony ponder when they think of recent death. I only know that my father, a significant man of forever mystery, was a mere few hours from death, and still I walked from the room. I know about that walking away. To qualm the pain that comes with this remembrance, I keep a copy of the poem Those Winter Sundays by Robert Hayden framed near my desk. What did I know, what did I know of love's austere and lonely offices?

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

I posted this woman's article above, but I dont find what she did in any way a relation to what Cynthia Sommer or Casey Anthony did after their respective
husband in Cynthias case and child in Anthonys case
did. I dont believe in ugly coping I think as I stated above its an excuse for someone who obviously didnt give a damn about the person that died and went on their merry way too stupid to even play as if they were grief stricken.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I do remember the case you posted artgal. I like you doubt that is going to fly with the jury KC will have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Interview with Dr G from the Orlando Magazine:

I actually was going to go into psychiatry because I loved abnormal human behavior. But once I started doing my rotations in psychiatry... at Mass[achusetts] General I realized I liked abnormal human behavior but from afar. So when I started thinking about it, there’s nothing that tells me more about abnormal human behavior, and actually normal human behavior, than this job.

One of the reasons I went into forensic pathology is I don’t have to listen to complaints.

The fact that people can’t tell me their symptoms—they can’t tell me what they were doing right before they died—just adds to the puzzle of me trying to figure out what happened to them.

There is no shock value for me with death. My job is to speak for the dead. I don’t do any good for the dead if I’m shocked by them. I don’t do any good for the dead if I’m grieving for them. The only way I can do any good for them is to stay objective and try to find out answers.

If you die suddenly and unexpectedly. If you die from any type of trauma. If you die from suspicious means. If nobody knows why you died. All of those have to be reported to me.

I’m always very happy when people come in here smelling good. I have people die while taking a shower. But there are others who don’t smell so sweet. They’re green and they’re bloated and they weigh 200 pounds and there is rotting flesh. The smell doesn’t bother me.

I don’t speak about anything about Caylee Anthony prior to the trial.
One of the things I care deeply about is showing a lot of respect for the people who come through here. They had no choice in the matter for the most part.

I really don’t watch [the CSI TV shows]. . . . They glamorize the job and it isn’t a glamorous job. I don’t think they portray what we do.

I have gotten letters from people who watch my show [Dr. G: Chief Medical Examiner] saying I have saved their lives. I get letters from people in rehab who didn’t know that cocaine could kill you in so many ways. I say, ‘Duh.’ I get people writing letters who say they took their last drink after watching a show.

My niche TV audience is women. . . . If I’m at the grocery store, I get recognized every time I go.

I see dead people every day. What are you talking about? [In response to a question that borrowed the famous line from the movie The Sixth Sense.]

What this job has taught me is life is finite. I see those last chapters of people’s lives. It makes you think how my life is going to be written. Because you can die at any moment, I want the last chapter to be filled with happiness.

I make a little under $200,000 a year [as chief medical examiner].

When you’re applying to medical school, don’t tell them you want to be a forensic pathologist. There is still a bias against us. . . . We don’t cure people.

This article appears in the March 2011 issue of Orlando Magazine

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Frye Hearings Scheduled To Begin Wednesday Morning

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The credibility of evidence in the case against Casey Anthony will be battled out in court starting Wednesday.

The so-called Frye hearings are scheduled to last several days.
Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who is not affiliated with the case, explained that Frye hearings are a chance for the judge to make sure that the evidence is accepted by the scientific community. If not, the evidence can be excluded.
"You look at whether or not their methods are accepted by the scientific community and you look at whether or not the principles they rely upon and engaging those methods are accepted by scientific community," Hornsby said.

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Experts for the prosecution claimed they found chemicals that only could have come from human decomposition as well as high levels of chloroform in the car.
Forensic chemist Barry Logan, a defense expert witness, said that those conclusions and others made by experts for the prosecution are not based on "generally accepted scientific principles."
If Perry agrees with Logan, a jury will never hear the state expert's opinions.
Local 6 investigative reporter Tony Pipitone said he expects prosecutor Jeff Ashton to attack Logan in any way possible, including noting that Logan resigned last year as the director of the Washington state crime lab after judges lost faith in its blood alcohol tests.
Evidence like what state experts want to present regarding human decomposition have never been allowed in court to help prove a murder case in the past, but prosecutors believe they have a chance.
Ashton has a history of getting ground-breaking scientific evidence into court. In 1987, he obtained the first conviction in the United States based on DNA.

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Caylee Anthony case: Frye hearing beginning 03/23/11

Posted on March 22, 2011 by Valhall

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011, begins three days of a Frye hearing that, as best I can tell, will center on Dr. Vass’s work at Oak Ridge National Laboratories concerning detection of gases he states are part of his “decomposition gases database” and the presence of which led him to conclude a human decomposition event may have occurred in the trunk of Casey’s car. Let’s be clear that’s ALL he concluded. Nothing more.

The question at hand: Is it a generally accepted scientific method or not?

The defense’s experts concede it is. The defense lawyers say it isn’t. This is where Judge Perry decides. This will be a hearing intense in highly technical information and the nuances of scientific methods, interpretations and conclusions.

It is for that reason I believe Baez will spend the next 3 days looking like a toddler who wandered off to pet the animals when everyone else had headed over to the snow cone stand. But, hey…I could be wrong.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm wondering if anybody is going to be ready to start these hearings at 9:00 a.m in the morning. Unlike for the hearings on Mar. 2-4, no notice of hearings has been filed, listing the motions to be heard, and no listing of witnesses or evidence from either state or defense. Of course, JP is probably going to get things going anyway, and maybe these things have been done and just haven't been publicized like they were at the previous hearings...IDK. I'm going to try to get up and be ready to watch at 9:00. I have to pick up my grandson at 12:45, so I won't be able to "blog" all day...There will be a separate thread on which to "blog" during the hearing itself. (Right, Wrap?)
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Argghhhhhhh I have to get up before 6am - Ill try but I cant say if I can make it - I know by 6;30 I can probably log on - I really want to hear these motions argued. If the judge rules in favor of the state, I cannot conceive of how the defense is going to overcome this evidence.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:03 am

artgal16 wrote: Sandbags slid back into the sea. The remaining fragment, now comatose, was washed clear by sunrise.
Art...wow, thank you for sharing this, for its relevance, but also for its sheer poignancy...and poetry. I felt a great deal of connection with the writer in relationship to my losses, nothing distinctly similar, but the energy of grieving and coping is powerful and truly a special sharing of emotion by the author...enormous respect her way.

Thanks again,

xoxo
Heike

Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 am

I sooooo wish that I had the liberty to join in on the festivities (let's hope that is an accurate definition) the next three days! I have a lot of faith in Judge Perry to make the right rulings...which may or may not be to include all that we wish for...but will hopefully ensure that only the evidence that can withstand any appeals will be allowed. He has to make decisions that will not be questioned. What a major responsibility. Hats off to the Judge....now we watch and see.

xoxo
Heike

Last edited by Heike on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:16 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:49 am

lisette wrote:I'm wondering if anybody is going to be ready to start these hearings at 9:00 a.m in the morning. Unlike for the hearings on Mar. 2-4, no notice of hearings has been filed, listing the motions to be heard, and no listing of witnesses or evidence from either state or defense. Of course, JP is probably going to get things going anyway, and maybe these things have been done and just haven't been publicized like they were at the previous hearings...IDK. I'm going to try to get up and be ready to watch at 9:00. I have to pick up my grandson at 12:45, so I won't be able to "blog" all day...There will be a separate thread on which to "blog" during the hearing itself. (Right, Wrap?)
Live blog here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:08 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Wow, I do not comprehend this opening...what VICTORY? Did I miss something valuable yesterday?

"Fresh from his court victory Wednesday, Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney, told WESH 2 Thursday that he's planning to take a number of key depositions next week, such as Anthony's friend, Amy Huizenga."

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 pm

He was playing tic tac toe with Casey. And won.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Wesh has a tendency to lean toward the defense.
If they think that was a victory today they are crazy.
I didnt get to watch all of the hearings but Ill do it this weekend. JP is going to allow the hair, I guarantee it and the cadaver dogs, and the stain in the trunk too.
Thats not what I would call a victory.
Charming you cracked me up today - Im still laughing about what you wrote.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:08 pm

I have posted under the accused section regarding the Frye hearings the article from the orlandosentinel.com
which has the motion that Chaney Mason filed regarding Judge Perry's recent decisions in the States favor charging him with errors and bias. Frankly Im shocked that they have tried this manouver to ger rid of Perry - its isnt going to work. Judge Perry is strict and very fair - Strickland in my mind was always a weak jurist like Judge Ito in the OJ trial allowing the lawyers to run away in that case with outrageous stunts and helped to bring about an innocent verdict for OJ through jury nullification. They had blood on OJ's shoes for gods sake! This case has to have someone no nonsense like Perry - Baez doesnt know better but Mason does and in my mind thats why he was a no-show today.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:50 am

I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:18 am

I don't have time to read all of the posts, but I just wanted to add my "two cents" to this thread! I did watch JVM today, and heard the incriminating testimony of the expert on decomposition.

It was interesting to see Casey's reaction when he said that when the trunk was opened... he jumped (the smell was so bad)! She looked up & then quickly down at her "notes" (I wonder what she is writing? A love letter to Bozo?). Then, JVM posted the various testimonies (given at various times over the years) that supported his claim of human decomposition... CA, GA, and the detective (I forget his name now). I really don't see how the defense can get around that evidence!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:24 am

artgal16 wrote:Wesh has a tendency to lean toward the defense.
If they think that was a victory today they are crazy.

A tendency.... I would say so! Wt? After his court "victory"...victorious in making a fool out of himself? CRAZY!

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Judge Denies Casey Anthony Motion For New Hearing

Posted: 4:58 pm EDT March 25, 2011
Updated: 6:21 pm EDT March 25, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry denied a motion from Casey Anthony's defense team Friday afternoon seeking a new hearing. The motion (read it) called Perry's court decision biased against Casey.

VIDEO REPORT: Perry Denies Defense Motion
MOTION: Claims Perry's Ruling Was Bias
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of March 24 Hearing

Judge Perry didn't have much to say in his order Friday afternoon, simply denying the motion. However, he did write that "no other motions for rehearing shall be considered."

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer believes that only reason Casey's lawyer would make these kind of accusations at this time is that they are trying to bounce another judge or at least delay the trial while they try.

The defense is accusing Perry, who is the second judge to preside over the case, of being biased against Casey Anthony and being flat out wrong about the facts and the law.

Casey's lawyers didn't like his decision to allow the jury to hear the lies she told to investigators and to her family. Casey is scheduled to face trial in May for allegedly murdering her daughter Caylee and dumping the child's body in the woods near their house.

"The language they employed is very close to the language they employed when they tried to get Strickland off the case and succeeded. It's that type of language we're seeing all over again," Sheaffer told WFTV.

Here's how it could happen. Now that the judge has refused to rehear whether Casey's statements to law enforcement and her family should be thrown out, the defense might ask the judge to recuse himself, or step down.

If the judge were to say no to that too, the defense could ask a higher court to delay the trial while a decision is made about the judge.

The defense was successful in getting circuit judge Stan Strickland to recuse him self over his communications with a blogger.

"The defense gets a ruling they don’t like. What do they do? They attack the judge," Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer believes they might want a new judge or delay because things aren't going their way. The judge is demanding compliance with the rules of procedure, evidence and professional conduct.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Tonight on the JVM show it was discussed weather this case would go to trial in May. They are now saying no. With all of these motions they are unable to begin jury selection which will take forever to find 12 people plus 2 alternates to sit for 2 months and hear all of this.

They are going to be sequestered and moved ever couple of days from motel to motel. No tv and no newspapers. Only reading material approved. With the states budget the food will be mediocre. I can hardly stand motels for more than 2 nights let alone 2 months.

Then you always have issues with jurors. Some don't like each other. Some form friends and exclude others.

I think the pay is horrible. Something like $32 per day.
I would rather take a bullet.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 pm

I agree with your above statements, Jeanne. No way this trial w/start in May. It will probably take at least a month just to find 14 juror's that will be unbiased and withstand the torture.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Scroll down to the bottom. This is Brevard County. I am sure most of them are about the same.

I wonder what kind of accomodations they provide. Room service and a pool? Or bare bones?

Q3: How much pay will I receive?

A3: Jurors who are regularly employed and who continue to receive wages while serving as a juror are not entitled to receive compensation from the state for the first three days of juror service. Jurors who are not regularly employed or who do not continue to receive regular wages while serving as a juror are entitled to receive $15 per day for the first three days of juror service. Each juror who serves more than three days is entitled to be paid by the state for the fourth day of service and each day thereafter at the rate of $30 per day of service. Jurors are not entitled to additional reimbursement by the state for travel or other out-of-pocket expenses. A juror who receives unemployment benefits does not lose such benefits because he receives compensation for juror service. The sheriff, when required by order of the court, shall provide juries with meals and lodging, the expense to be taxed against and paid by the state.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Jeanne, Brevard County is where I lived. Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral. This county is right next to Orange County/Orlando. It's only 45 miles away.

The State of Florida sure doesn't give much incentive to be on jury duty. However, I would lie through my teeth to get on this jury if I still lived in Florida. I want a front row seat and see this girl convicted!!!! If that makes me a horrible person for admitting this, so be it!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 pm

The choices for jurors then will be someone who is either retired, or permanently unemployed or a federal, state or city, county worker who are obligated to serve, at least thats how it is in California.
Anyone in California working for the government must serve on a jury if called. Considering there are many retirees in Florida, I would bet she has an older jury, more women than men. Not an ideal jury for Casey!
I cannot imagine working men or women with jobs, especially in this economy not pleading hardship to serve on a jury.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:14 pm

You are right artgal..retirees and unemployed with no responsibilities. The wording "A jury of your peers" comes to mind. That doesn't seem to fit this bill.

I bet Baez will take forever but I know he only has so many strikes. He has a jury specialist I believe.

I was unhappy to hear the prosecution will be doing their own jury selection with no out side help. Would that be budget or wanting to handle it themsleves? They need to be careful with this group.

Take all precautions. But I guess they know that.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Bozo and the rest of those nutheads on that so called defense team are making a mockery of themselves! If they succeed and some how get a higher Power to recuse JP from the case, I swear I will go A WALL over reaction

I think JP has a superb background and track record with his NO NONSENSE way of running a court room, I am sure he has backing to back him up in situations like this arise, unlike Strickland who I could not stand and seemed cocky and camera happy!!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:44 pm

I actually didn't mind looking at Strickland as I thought he was nice looking but didn't think he had what it took to keep Bozo and Company in line.

I think it is highly doubtful at this juncture that JP will be recused. I love watching him when Bozo is interrogating a witness. He leans back in his chair and is almost in a trance. It's quite obvious he cannot stand him, and Bozo knows it. rocking smile
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Ha Ha, I know, right? JP almost looks like he sleeps while Bozo talks!! LOL! Cracks me up! He definitely is the "PERFECT" fit for this case! NO BS! That's what this case needs! la la la
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:30 am

So, forgive me for not remembering this important detail... but when does the actual TRIAL start? In my mind, it should be over with by now!! The evidence points overwhelmingly to Casey! crazy 1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:25 am

So Baez's antics could end up delaying the start of the trial? That's exactly what he wants, you'de think they would tell him we are starting jury selection towards the end of April and that's that. HE makes me sick, such a friggin baby whining about this and that, reminds me of a kindergardner- "Jeff Ashton was mean to me!! He looked at me! He's rushing me!"

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:35 am

May 9th IIRC.

HC
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:21 am

Baez will pick young single "party boys" for jurors.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:00 am

I doubt there will be any young anythings on that jury.
They will never be able to serve as a juror under the strict conditions of sequestration. I absolutely do not believe a higher court will hear a complaint against Perry and knowing Perry I dont believe he will allow the
trial date to be delayed. If they have to sit that jury by staying all night and on Saturdays and Sundays that trial will start when Perry says it will start!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:19 am

Amen.

Delaying this trial will not help the defense win it. Bozo needs to give it up and be a man. Those balls of his are going to be his destruction.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:13 am

Artgal you are so right. Judge Perry takes no prisoners and he is the perfect judge for this case.

He knows the law backwards and forwards and Baez and Mason are not going to trick or trip him.

If JP has anything to do with this..it will start on time. Come Hell or High Water.

Anybody know who is in charge of Miss I wanna be a lawyer's duds. She seems to be making a pink statement.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:49 am

Cindy is reportedly in charge of supplying Casey w/ clothes. She complained about her moms choice of blouses once in one of her "writings" to her jailhouse friend, IIRC.
Cindy seems like shes trying to put her in the most heinous clothes possible. The pink sweater had a thrift-shop look to it, nothing against thrift shops cos I can still find a funky piece of clothing there now and then away.myself. Anything that shows her boobs off is a-ok with Casey.
Pink is NOT her color.
I think her defense team gave her some specific job with the paperwork to keep her from preening, grooming, yanking on her tops, fidgeting, and all the other obsessive stuff she does. Looks like she is pulling papers for them, but most of the time she is scribbling (something????) She does think she is atty-in-training, sitting there busying herself with papers trying to look "official". Has she forgotten shes a defendant in a murder trial? Apparently so. Hopefully the start of the trial will jolt her into reality. Then again if she doesn't like reality she has no problem twisting, lying and applying liberal amounts of BS to make it a little more comfortable for herself.
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:27 pm

May 9th is the jury selection. Not an easy task to say the least.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Wrapitup wrote:May 9th is the jury selection. Not an easy task to say the least.

I don't think so kiddo. Actually that doctor that might have killed Michael Jackson starts on the same day May 9 and they are already chosing his jury.

I wonder if we need to start a vote to see who thinks JP will win and this trial will start on time or if Baez will win and there will be more time wasted?

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Jury Selection Date Set In Anthony Case

POSTED: Friday, January 14, 2011
UPDATED: 6:18 pm EST January 14, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The jury-selection process in the upcoming Casey Anthony murder trial was discussed Friday at a court hearing.

Anthony, 24, did not attend the 50-minute hearing, which began just before 2 p.m.

At the hearing, Judge Belvin Perry said jury selection will begin May 9 at 8:30 a.m., and he estimated the cost to to transport, house, feed and secure the jury for eight weeks at $350,000.

On the first day, Perry said, 40 potential jurors will be called. Perry said he will read a brief statement generally describing the case and the indictment.

Potential jurors will then leave courtroom, and in randomly-selected groups of 10, they will be brought back and questioned individually by the judge and attorneys. The questions will fall into four categories, Perry said:

Hardship to be sequestered for eight-week trial
Exposure to pretrial publicity
Death qualification (can they render a death verdict, if necessary)
Individual questions from attorneys
After each potential juror is questioned, they will be immediately kept or dismissed. The judge can dismiss them, the attorneys can ask that the juror be removed on legal grounds or the attorneys can use one of their pre-emptory challenges, the number of which has not yet been determined.
If a juror is kept, they will leave their contact information behind and go home, Perry said.

In the following three days, attorneys will screen 30 jurors a day until they have their panel of 12 and a yet-to-be-determined number of alternates. On the final day, all jurors will return to the courtroom to be sworn in.

At the hearing, Anthony's defense team said it may want to provide a written jury questionnaire of about 20 questions. The prosecution, however, believes they're ineffective. Perry will decide at a later time whether to allow it.

For security, jurors may change hotels from night to night, either in Orange or Osceola counties. Both sides will approve a list of TV stations and DVDs the jurors can watch in their rooms.

Jurors will likely be referred to by number and not names to prevent media from staking out their families while they're sequestered, Perry said.

Jurors will usually take a daily lunch break from noon to 1:30 p.m., but it might be shortened if the trial starts dragging.

please read the rest here:

This is when it is Suppose to start. But, I agree..if Bozo has his way about it, he will keep delaying with anything he can come up with.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Perry's no idiot. I bet he keeps old Jose in line and things go the way they are supposed to. Figures defense has come up with a list on non relevant questions, am sure Baez will want to fight each question Perry decides is not kosher, tooth and nail. Because that's the kind of jerk he is. BAR NONE.
Maybe Baez and Cindy and George will land themselves in jail too...won't that be cozy, maybe Cindy could pull some strings (shes a celebrity doncha' know) and get chili delivered for dinner on their first night in jail.
Casey's favorite. Then they can all sit around a play (get a) CLUE, and snack on Casey's commissary snacks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:54 pm

(get a) CLUE

You kill me, Hippie!!! :celebration:
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Wrap I apologize. Imagine that. They are starting the jury selection on a Saturday and the trial is to begin on a Monday. Taking no prisoners.

I am shocked. faint

You could have won a bet from me on that one. Wow.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next