Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~

+5
cherylz
artgal16
lisette
Lilone
Wrapitup
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~ Empty The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Please note that the jury selection and trial is right around the corner.

If the jury selection is televised or offered via a live feed, we will have Daily threads.

If not, the Daily threads will NOT start until the trial starts. From that point on, we will cover it one day at a time.

This is getting down to the wire!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~ Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Blog Talk Radio. Today at 3PM CST.

Casey Anthony discussion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~ Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~

Post by Lilone Sun May 01, 2011 4:51 pm

ruled Justice for Caylee!
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 01, 2011 4:57 pm

I listened to BTR. It was pretty darned interesting!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 5:10 pm

ruled I knew this would come in handy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun May 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Reminder: Casey Anthony Hearing tomorrow, Mon., May 2, at 9:30 a.m. It will be a combination of a Status Hearing and a Pending Motions Hearing. Casey is required to attend the hearing.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 12:18 am

Art better get her beauty sleep. That is mighty early for her!

Thanks for the reminder! I hope JP decides on the remaining motions, including the Anthony's wanting to sit in for the entire trial.

Do they even know the meaning of the word 'NO??'
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 8:23 am

Well, I'm here and waiting for hearing to begin at 9:30.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 8:26 am

Media Wants Anthony Jury Selection Location
Judge Does Not Plan To Disclose Location Until Day Selection Begins
POSTED: Monday, May 2, 2011
UPDATED: 5:19 am EDT May 2, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry is holding a hearing at 9:30 a.m. today after attorneys for several media outlets asked to know in advance where jury selection for Casey Anthony's first-degree murder trial will take place beginning in one week.

LIVE BLOG: Begins at 9:30 a.m.

Perry has said he will not disclose the location until 8 a.m. on May 9, the first day of jury selection, but attorneys for Local 6 and other media outlets are asking the judge to disclose the location earlier.
Anthony, 25 is charged with murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony.

Perry previously ruled that jury selection would take place in another county that is demographically similar to Orange County. The defense requested the change in jury selection location because of heavy media coverage of the case since Caylee was reported missed in July 2008.

The toddler's remains were found in December 2011 near the Anthony family's east Orange County home.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 8:27 am

Casey just came in. Buttoned blouse, hair in bun..Bozo is whispering to her.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 am

Lisette, I can't find a live feed online.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 8:30 am

Never mind, I found one on WFTV. My television is broken. Ugh!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 8:33 am

Motion from news org. to object to confidentiality agreement that JP is requiring them to sign in order to find out jury selection location the night before.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 8:35 am

I was watching WFTV but Fox 35 is now livestreaming:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 8:37 am

JP is obviously irritated about this motion! He is giving this lawyer a real smackdown. He is saying that the news org. can find out independently about the location...The agreement is just that the court won't provide the info...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks, Lisette!

Wow, JP seems not to be in a very good mood, taking no sh*t and clarifying to this poor woman who seems to be standing her ground.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 am

Lawyer is saying that news and public should be able to find out what's on the court docket at any time. This is the first time that a judge has restricted this right. He is asking her how many cases like this has she ever seen? She is stumped. Also, what do news analysts do? She can't answer. I feel kinda sorry for her. He is really grilling her!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 8:53 am

JP is offended that his judgment about the necessity of this restriction on news org. is being questioned...He is asking her what she thinks he should do?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 8:58 am

She might as well forget it...He will never grant this motion. He is really bouncing today, moving in chair, staring off into space...Very aggravated. Oh no! He is talking about Bozo asking for a continuance of 6 mon.-2yrs because of pretrial publicity as a hypothetical...Don't give them any ideas JP!!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 am

I think under the circumstances, she is really holding her own. I bet the State thinks she is doing a good job.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 9:01 am

Oh no! He is talking about Bozo asking for a continuance of 6 mon.-2yrs because of pretrial publicity as a hypothetical...Don't give them any ideas JP!!
🇳🇴 head bang I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:05 am

KC is not writing today..Just sitting with arms crossed on top of table, listening to everything intently.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 9:07 am

Bozo and Mason probably told her there was no need to write today, That it w/look more impressive if she sits there w/arms crossed and an interested look on her face. Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:10 am

KC is thinking, "Poor me...I can't get a fair trial. Never mind that I did it. I should get off because everybody hates me b/c of the publicity and I can't get a fair trial!"
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 am

Bozo wasn't even planning on arguing this motion! JP is asking him questions about his motion for change of venue.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 am

Cindy must be so proud! This case has garnered more publicity than any that JP has ever seen...KC is a star!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 9:18 am

Mason's hand is on Casey's back. WTF????
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 am

Cindy seems to be shaking...If news org. files something with appellate court, he will delay trial to have an evidentiary hearing. Then, if that doesn't go KC's way, Bozo could file for a continuance! PLEASE NO!! Come on, news org., let's forget this motion and get on with it!!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 am

KC is tearing up...She is crying. CM is patting her on the back, rubbing her back.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:21 am

She is crying for herself, something she hasn't done for her dead daughter....
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 9:22 am

I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 am

This is ridiculous!!! We know this is a high profile trial. Casey crying because she is "poor me". OMG!!!! Stop the drama! Rule that NO, the media will not know where the jury will be until the last minute.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:27 am

JP is making good points about the expense that Fla. has gone to in order to ensure a fair trial...How unique this case is...He is supporting his decision to place this restriction on the news org. b/c of the EXTREME publicity on the case...Please, news org. DON'T APPEAL THIS DECISION!! If the news org. find out in another way, they are free to broadcast it...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:30 am

JP is pointing out very passionately that this motion was a huge distraction to him while he was trying to rule on the Air Samples motion...Lawyer is wanting a final draft of Confidentiality Agreement. Please don't appeal this!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 am

Bozo said that they went ahead and paid for the transcription of the jail videos themselves instead of asking JAC to pay for it. Wonder where the money came from? They are going into jury room for "housekeeping matters" I wonder if they're not going to deal with the Ants motion to waive Sequestration today.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 9:36 am

I don't think they will. They tried and were unsuccessful.

Her crying spoke Volumes!! And, Mason obviously has a thing for her. I've never seen council touch a client, rub their back..before. She has Mason totally smitten w/her! Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 am

I wonder if they're not going to deal with the Ants motion to waive Sequestration today.
I wish they would do it today and get it over with. We want this trial to start ON the 17th and not a day after!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:41 am

Oh, this makes me sick--to think that this trial might be delayed because of this emergency motion from these news org.! Hopefully, they will want the trial to proceed as much as we do, and will not appeal JP's ruling to keep the confidentiality agreement. The way I understood JP, if they appeal to the Appellate Court, he will have an evidentiary hearing and then if Bozo is not agreeable to the ruling, he can ask for a continuance until publicity "dies down". What a mess! I bet that if these news org. do find out the jury selection location in another way (and they probably will), they will announce it, and then Bozo will bring a motion that the jury pool was tainted...If the trial goes ahead, he will use it as a basis for an appeal. I'm so afraid that KC is going to walk away from this because of all that is going on!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 9:50 am

I was really surprised that Bozo wasn't going to argue against the News Org.'s motion. (I don't know why I would be surprised--That's what a good lawyer would do. LOL) It indicated to me that he and CM have about given up on this case after all these rulings going against them.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 am

I just tuned in - but missed the whole thing - was there any ruling on anything else besides the media?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 10:04 am

artgal I did not catch the first 45 mins or so of this hearing. I think they plan to come back out from the jury room before they break for lunch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon May 02, 2011 10:07 am

Oh, go cry me a river. I just watched the clip of her crying during her back-rub. The tears look real today. crazy 1 "Help get me outta here". Nope!
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 10:09 am

I agree :lol: ROFLMAO
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 am

Just thinking about the Confidentiality Agreement...Media that signs will get the info Sunday, May 8, and be able to go to the location to set up, but agree not to broadcast the location until 8:00 Monday morning so that the jury pool won't have time to do advance research.."Google it". But when all these News trucks, satellite trucks, cameras,etc. start congregating on Sunday evening, won't that "announce" to the community that it is the location? And, if someone knows they are to report for jury duty the next day, might they not still start trying to find out more about the case that is causing all the commotion in their town? IDK, I'm just getting worried that KC's right to a fair trial will be so compromised that she is going to get away with this!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 am

I bet that if these news org. do find out the jury selection location in another way (and they probably will), they will announce it, and then Bozo will bring a motion that the jury pool was tainted...If the trial goes ahead, he will use it as a basis for an appeal. I'm so afraid that KC is going to walk away from this because of all that is going on!
I can't wait to hear Bill Shaeffer's take on this! One would think that the news organizations want this trial to start on time as does the public and the State. Hopefully, all news org's w/use discretion and not allow this to become a circus before the trial even begins!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 10:13 am

They're back, but no sound!! Something happened with CA and a cell phone...Not sure what is going on. They are all talking, the tech guy is talking. Now KC is leaving...I guess they are dismissed.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 10:17 am

Judge Perry Denies Motion On Confidentiality Agreement

Posted: 5:11 am EDT May 2, 2011
Updated: 11:00 am EDT May 2, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony was in court for an emergency hearing on Monday, where Judge Belvin Perry denied a motion (read motion) in reference to news organizations and a confidentiality agreement.
Channel 9 has agreed to the judge's request to keep the location confidential until just before jury selection and was not part of Monday's motion.

WATCH LIVE: 9:30am Casey Anthony Hearing
CASEY ENTERING COURT: Raw Video | See Images
INSIDE COURTROOM: Cindy, Lawyers, Judge
MOTION: News Organizations To Intervene

Casey Anthony walked into the Orange County courtroom at 9:25am, wearing a lavender shirt and gray slacks. Her hair was pulled back into a bun. Casey's mother Cindy Antony was also in attendance.
Judge Perry talked about the confidentiality agreement to one of Casey's defense attorneys saying, "There is nothing, ma'am, in that agreement which would prohibit any news station if they found from independent sources, in broadcasting the location. They just can't do it based upon what was told by the court. So there is nothing in there which prohibits any news station from using whatever sources, whatever means they want to from finding the location if they can in broadcasting. So this agreement does not prohibit them from independent source. The only source that is prohibited is if they sign it and I tell them where the location is," said Judge Perry.
Casey cried just before Judge Perry ruled on the motion.

At 10:31am, Casey, along with her defense team and prosecutors, gathered inside a jury room in private to discuss what Judge Perry called "housekeeping" issues in the case.

Perry may also rule on whether jurors will hear what could be damning evidence against Casey. In just one week, jury selection will begin for her trial. Perry may rule on air tests that indicate there were traces of human remains in the back of Casey's car on Monday.
Last week, the prosecution scored a series of victories with the judge ruling key evidence can be shown to jurors. But at least one critical issue remains, the state wants to introduce tests on air samples taken from Casey's trunk.

Prosecutors say they show signs of human decomposition, aiding the state’s theory that Casey killed her daughter and kept the body in the trunk before dumping it. But the defense has asked the judge to block the prosecution from introducing the tests in trial.

Casey's lawyers say the science behind them is unreliable.

The tests, which were conducted at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee, have never before been used in a trial.

Casey goes to trial May 9. She’s accused of killing her daughter Caylee and dumping the body in the woods near her parents' home.

WFTV.com will stream the hearing live at our special Casey Anthony section. You can also follow out live blog for play-by-play commentary and to participate in the discussion of the day's events.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 10:24 am

Read on WESH Blog that JP asked if CA's lawyer wished to speak, but he was not there. He told CA that he should contact him sooner rather than later. The tech guy was giving the lawyers an update on the trial courtroom. Then they were dismissed. KC and CM had a brief chat before she left...She was smiling...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 am

Live blog on WKMG w/Tony Pipatone:

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 am

Read on WESH Blog that JP asked if CA's lawyer wished to speak, but he was not there. He told CA that he should contact him sooner rather than later.
I was surprised Cindy's lawyer was not present. Glad JP told her that!! :muahaha:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next