Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

+8
Slys Hunny
HippyChick2
Darkman
Lilone
spayneuteryourpets
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
12 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Note: The 2 pics I had discussed upthread are now on Huffington Post at the above link.

PROCEED W/CAUTION!

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by HippyChick2 Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:53 am

I have a few questions:

1. Are LE sure the pants leg w/ the stripe in the pic are Jodi's pants? And how did they find them/ get them. Is there anything to link those pants forensicly to Jodi?

2. WHO is the lady in the gallery that has the long face, long dark hair w/ streaks on top? Is that Jodi's mother?

3.The huff po pics: they showed them on tv too. On the one pic w/ Travis in shower, facing the wall, with his hands on the wall and water dripping down his back- are those long red marks on his back long fingernail scratch marks? I bet they are. Now if Travis planned on jumping the woman he was "taking" to Cancun (who, by the way, is not attractive at all) then how was he going to explain those marks on his back? Wouldn't he have to be EXTRA careful he kept his shirt on in Cancun so the other Mormon peeps didn't see those scratch marks? I had a BF once who couldn't have scratch marks on his body (from sex) and he used to say "watch the back!" to me all the time. Lord help me I can't remember who it was.

Anyone who knows the answers to my Q's, TIA.

HC
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:41 pm

The huff po pics: they showed them on tv too. On the one pic w/ Travis in shower, facing the wall, with his hands on the wall and water dripping down his back- are those long red marks on his back long fingernail scratch marks? I bet they are. Now if Travis planned on jumping the woman he was "taking" to Cancun (who, by the way, is not attractive at all) then how was he going to explain those marks on his back? Wouldn't he have to be EXTRA careful he kept his shirt on in Cancun so the other Mormon peeps didn't see those scratch marks? I had a BF once who couldn't have scratch marks on his body (from sex) and he used to say "watch the back!" to me all the time. Lord help me I can't remember who it was.
I noticed them, too and thought the same thing. Too bad by the time she was arrested they couldn't court order testing under her fingernails for TA's skin. IMHO, she was leaving her mark. I think he reiterated AFTER sex (and I don't buy that it was just anal and oral) BS that he still planned on taking that gal to Cancun and she knew she had him in a very vulnerable condition w/his back to her in that shower. Also, too bad she wasn't caught w/in 24 hours so they could court order a pap smear to see if she had his semen. MOO.

Don't know about the striped pant leg but am presuming it was hers.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:40 am

Wrap wrote: It was reported that Travis was actually stabbed nine times.
He was stabbed 9 times in the grouping of wounds in the middle of his back.

Sam Goodwin quoted Mike Brooks: “Why would you clean up if it was self defense?”
Jodi didn't try cleaning up the crime scene. She attempted to clean away her presence in the house, washing the bed covers, the camera, and Travis’ dead body. In her first story she was claiming that she had not been in Travis’ house since April and wasn’t there the day he was murdered. When Detectives confronted her with the evidence of her left hand print bloodied with both hers and Travis’ blood, she changed her story to self defense.

I too am wondering about the picture of Travis being dragged. How do they know it's Jodi's leg in the pic? Does LE have the pants she was wearing (surely blood soaked), are there pictures of her wearing them, someone to collaborate they are hers?
I think I can answer my own question on this one. The time stamp on the picture is in close proximity to the other evidential pictures.

Wrap quoted Detective Flores’ interview with Jodi: He mentioned it was unsafe to sleep in her car and suggested she needed protection. She answered “Guns are expensive and not in my price range” This leads me to think she looked into buying one before she settled on stealing the 25cal from her grandparent’s home. Wonder if Law Enforcement did extensive searches on her computer looking for further proof of premeditation?
In that same interview Jodi asked about the check she had written to Travis, wondering if he had cashed it. My guess is she wondered if he was going to use that money on his trip to Cancun with his new love interest.

Jodi went to Arizona with the premeditated intention of killing Travis. I don’t think she scratched him up hoping that his new GF would see them. I think Jodi knew very well that girl would never be seeing Travis again. Also I think the scratch marks would have been included in the coroner’s report.

In reference to the receipts found at Jodi’s residence and the fact that there were none from her trip to Arizona. Keep in mind that her first claim was that she hadn’t been in the area of his house in months prior to his murder. She probably kept the other receipts because she intended to get reimbursed for the expenses or maybe use them as a tax write off.

In Jodi's interviews with LE she is chatting up praise for Travis and even goes so far as implying she wants to protect his reputation (as far as his religion is concerned). This is not the conduct of a battered woman.
We have heard no mention if a plea deal has or will be offered up by the Prosecution. I'm guessing that the state has built such a solid case against Jodi they feel no need to make deals with her.

I really feel sorry for the friends who discovered the bloody scene that inevitably lead to Travis' body. Those images planted in a person's mind... never go away.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 pm

I was watching the trial live this morning on In Session and during a break, one of the defense lawyers said that all of her changing of stories we have seen in these tapes with Detective Flores can be used by the defense as signs she had PTSD. So even though she made up first not being there at all, and second two intruders dressed like ninjas did it and she escaped, and then 2 years later when she got these lawyers she settled on self defense, it was all because she had PTSD from this horrible event.
In which case, she'd maybe at the most get charged with manslaughter. That has a minimum of 5 years, and since she's already served 4 years, she'd be out in a year! That is just not right with the overkill here.

The lawyer did say later that the judge probably wouldn't give the minimum of 5 years, possibly more like 8 or 10 years. But still, I hope this jury does better than Casey's jury did.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Sam, she may very well have PTSD stemming from this horrible event... but it occurred after the (as you stated earlier) gruesome MURDER of this man. So in my opinion PTSD can't be used as a defense. Her story kept changing because she was getting tangled up with the evidence piling up against her.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Nite, So GREAT to see you!! You did bring up some great points. Re: the PTSD. If she's a true psychopath which I think she is, she would not have PTSD. She's just sorry she got caught. my 2 cents
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Sam, I sure hope she gets charged w/more than manslaughter. However, I wish the State hadn't put the DP on the table (even though she deserves it). I am skeptical since CA.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Jodi Arias Interrogation: 'I'm Not The Brightest Person, But I Don't Think I Could Stab Him, I'd Have To Shoot Him'

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Posted: 01/16/2013 3:17 pm EST

Jodi Arias' police interrogation video was played in court again Wednesday as her murder trial continued in Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona.

This is the fourth time jurors have seen excerpts of Arias' interrogations since the start of her trial earlier this month. It's also the umpteenth time jurors have heard Arias make bizarre statements to police.

"I'm not the brightest person, but I don't think I could stab him, I'd have to shoot him … The least I could do is make it as humane as possible," Arias told a police detective in a July 15, 2008, taped interview that was played at her murder trial Wednesday.

While the sound in the video isn't high-quality, jurors can make out Arias being questioned about the June 4, 2008, slaying of her ex-boyfriend, 30-year-old Travis Alexander. Prosecutors allege Arias, 32, shot Alexander in the face, stabbed him 27 times, and slit his throat from ear to ear in a fit of jealous rage because she did not want him dating other women. Arias' defense team is claiming self-defense.

"I don't think I've ever even fired a gun ... water guns, but not a real gun," Arias said when asked about the .25 caliber handgun used in Alexander's slaying.

Excerpts of the video were also played in court Tuesday, during which Arias could be heard on the video saying, "If I was going to ever try to kill somebody, I would use gloves. I have plenty of them," and "I'm all for the Ten Commandments – thou shall not kill."

Earlier Wednesday, jurors heard testimony by Michael Galieti, a former police officer in West Jordan, Utah. Galieti testified that he conducted a traffic stop of Arias on June 5, 2008, because the license plate on her vehicle was upside-down. She attributed this to someone playing a joke on her, Galieti testified.

Galieti was followed on the stand by Raphael Colombo, a gentleman who runs the Budget rent-a-car shop in Redding, Calif. Colombo testified he rented a car to Arias on June 2, 2008. He said when she returned the vehicle, the floor mats were missing and there were stains on the front and rear seats that he assumed were caused by Kool-Aid.

The trial was set to resume in the afternoon after a lunch break.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:01 pm

The state rested today and shortly after, the judge told the jurors they are now excused until Jan. 29th! I find it a little hard to believe none of them will see news or hear about this case from friends, etc. in that length of time. I'm also not sure what the ages on the jury are, but if they're seniors at all I'd be a little worried they will forget everything the state said by the time the defense finally puts on their side.

I just do not want another murderess going free.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Just heard that on HLN. They of course are NOT suppose to watch TV or read about it or talk to anyone about it but really, how can they not? Like you said, Sam, I am shocked the were not sequestered like in TMLS's trial. I know I would be watching the news as a juror. LOL.

Vinnie on HlN was saying the same thing..that during this two weeks time the juror's memory of the horrific pics may fade. Was there any explanation for the 2 week lull???
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty These are Must See Video's. The Jury in AZ is Allowed to Ask Questions, and Did.

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Prosecution rests in Jodi Arias trial

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:18 pm

By Graham Winch
updated 2:52 PM EST, Thu January 17, 2013

Prosecutor Juan Martinez rested his case in the Jodi Arias trial Thursday afternoon.

Before Martinez wrapped his case, he called Arias’ friend, Leslie Udy who hung out with Arias the day after she killed Travis Alexander.

Udy testified she had trouble believing the Arias she knew could kill Alexander. She says Arias is a quick, soft-spoken and gentle person, and it was hard to see how she could be capable of such a brutal murder.

In an effort to show the jury that Udy didn’t know everything about Arias, Martinez displayed photos of a nude Arias posing in sexual positions and asked her if she knew about that side of Arias.

Udy replied, “No.”

Martinez then showed Udy the photo he says shows the killing in progress. He asked her if she knew about the pants Arias was wearing in the photo.

Udy replied, “No.”

Martinez then rested his case. The defense then argued for a directed verdict, essentially asking the judge to say that the prosecution had not presented enough evidence to even allow the jury to consider the case.

Judge Sherry Stephens said she would review the motion for directed verdict. If the judge denies that request, the defense will begin presenting its case on January 29.

Soon after Alexander’s body was found in June 2008, Arias initially told police she was not involved in Alexander's death. She later changed her story and told investigators that she witnessed two intruders break in and kill him. She eventually admitted to killing Alexander, saying it was in self-defense.

Have Never head the term "directed verdict". Can't believe the defense is saying the prosecution did not present enough evidence. The presented MORE than enough evidence. I think the defense KNOWS they are doomed.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Jodi Arias Trial: State Rests Its Case

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Posted: 01/17/2013 5:26 pm EST

The state rested its case in the murder trial of Jodi Arias Thursday, and the defense made an immediate plea for dismissal.

Prosecutors in the Phoenix courtroom rested after brief appearances by Mesa, Ariz., police detective Esteban Flores, Sprint representative Jeff Strohn, and an acquaintance of Arias, Leslie Udy.

Flores took the stand long enough for the prosecution to play a voicemail recording of a phone call Arias placed to the detective after Travis Alexander's murder. In the message, Arias requested to speak with him about Alexander.

Arias, a 32-year-old photographer, is accused of shooting Alexander in the face, stabbing him 27 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear in the shower of his Mesa apartment on June 4, 2008. She has pleaded not guilty to murder, contending that she killed Alexander in self-defense. Prosecutors allege Arias was jealous and did not want Alexander to see other women.

After Flores stepped down, Strohn, an employee of Sprint Nextel Corp., took the stand to briefly discuss phone calls made from Arias' cell phone after Alexander's murder.

The most interesting part of the day came with the final state's witness, Leslie Udy.

A resident of Utah, Udy testified that she met Arias in September 2006 at a work-related conference in Nevada. Udy said Arias expressed concerns that Alexander was cheating on her. Later, when she met with Arias in Utah after Alexander's murder, Udy said she observed cuts on Arias' hand, which the defendant attributed to a broken glass. Udy said Arias never told her she had killed Alexander.

During cross-examination by public defender Kirk Nurmi, Udy testified that Arias was a soft-spoken, gentle person and that she had trouble believing Arias could have killed Alexander.

It was obvious during redirect that prosecutor Juan Martinez was not very pleased with Udy's testimony regarding Arias' demeanor. In an effort to demonstrate to the jury that Udy did not know Arias as well as she might think, Martinez showed Udy photos of a nude Arias posing in sexually explicit positions and asked her if she knew about that side of Arias.

Udy replied, "No."

Martinez then showed Udy a photo the prosecutor alleges was taken during the murder -- a photo he claims shows Alexander in a pool of blood near Arias' leg. He asked Udy if she was familiar with the pants Arias was allegedly wearing in the photo.

Udy replied, "No."

Martinez then announced that the state was resting its case.

The prosecution testimony lasted less than an hour on day nine of Arias' murder trial.

Once the jury was escorted out of the courtroom, Nurmi filed a motion asking for dismissal of the premeditation charge. According to Nurmi, prosecutors had failed to present evidence of premeditation and therefore a reasonable jury could not convict Arias on a charge of premeditation.

Martinez voiced his disapproval of the motion, arguing that Arias had gone to great lengths to plan Alexander's murder. Martinez said Arias staged a burglary of her own home, rented a car, and brought a gun and a knife to Alexander's home.

Judge Sherry Stephens said she would review the motion.

While there will likely be some criticism of the prosecution's decision to pull up stakes on day nine, without presenting additional evidence or witnesses, Seattle lawyer and legal analyst Anne Bremner said she feels the state did an excellent job presenting the case to the jury.

"I think that the state has done well," Bremner told The Huffington Post. "They built their case step by step. They showed Jodi's lies and depravity. They showed her obsession. They showed her lack of remorse. She confessed. They have a dead body."

Bremner added, "In the Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson trials, the DAs took far too long. They overtried their cases trying to anticipate any criticism or defense. As a result of that, they bored the jurors, obfuscated the issues, diluted their own powerful evidence and ultimately lost."

If the defense motion for dismissal is denied, Arias' lawyers will begin presenting their case at 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 29, according to a Maricopa County Superior Court spokesperson. If convicted, Arias could face the death penalty.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Jodi Arias Even Lied to Her Diary After Travis Alexander Was Dead

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 pm

crazy3

|
|
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Excerpts- Jodi Arias Trial: Jodi Arias' Police Interrogation

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Jodi Arias Jury's Questions Suggest Doubt Over Investigation

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

By COLLEEN CURRY
Jan. 16, 2013

Jurors in the Jodi Arias murder trial asked questions today suggesting they had doubts about the investigation into the murder of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander.

Arizona is one of only three states that allow jury members to pose questions to witnesses after prosecutors and attorneys have finished their questioning.

Today, on the eighth day of Arias' trial in Maricopa County, the jury had several questions for the lead detective in the murder investigation.

The jury submitted multiple handwritten questions to Judge Sherry Stephens after the testimony of Detective Esteban Flores of the Mesa, Ariz., police department:

"When interviewing Mr. Alexander's roommates, did they ever show concern for his extended absence?"

"Did you ever check into their alibis?"

"Did Mr. Alexander have another boarder living in the house (and) were fingerprints of the boarder taken to see if they matched the scene?"

The questions suggested that the jury has not completely bought the prosecutions' argument that Arias, a jealous ex-girlfriend, drove to Alexander's house in 2008 and had sex with him before stabbing him 27 times and shooting him. His body was found five days later.

snipped from:

Although I am not a fan of Nancy Grace, I was quite impressed with her show last night. She is Stunned that the jury is asking these and other questions. As she put it, "Didn't they listen to the defense opening statements where they clearly say 'there is no doubt Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander'.

I don't understand why the jury would ask the above questions. They also asked if the gun allegedly used to shoot Travis had ever been found and if all knives in TA's home were accounted for. confused

Now, they have 2 weeks to sit back. As stated upthread, I can't imagine HOW this jury that is Unsequestered can NOT read or watch anything about this highly publicized trial. In fact, I am Shocked that the defense didn't demand a sequestered jury as in the CA case as I believe if the CA jury had been unsequestered, CA would have been found guilty. It is Human Nature no matter how many "admonishments" one has, to read and watch the news on any high profile trial.

But, what I do NOT understand is the fact that JA has (finally) admitted on video that Yes, she Did kill TA. So,WHY would the jury be asking about roommates alibi's for example? Makes zero sense.

NG said this really worries her. I have to agree.
my 2 cents
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:50 pm

I almost hope the jurors do watch HLN with all the lawyers questioning "How dumb is this jury?" so they realize they maybe weren't paying attention when the defense said "Jodi killed Travis - there is NO question about that."

After the defense puts on their side, the state does get an opportunity for closing arguments, so hopefully they can make this really clear again then. I read that one guy on the jury appears to be about 80 years old. Might be a memory problem there.

Also, from what I understand, although her lawyers have said in open court that Jodi did kill Travis, she has as yet never admitted it to LE. She must have admitted it to her lawyers though. I'm worried if she takes the stand she'll break down in her fake tears and try and get the jury's pity.

I've also been reading some new info over at that fb support site for Travis that there appears to be duct tape wrapped around Travis's right bicep in the photo where he is lying on the bed. And later in one shower picture you can see the red mark where the tape was ripped off. They are all puzzling over what that was about. If Jodi and Travis were trying bondage, you'd think it would have been more on wrists and not on a bicep?

I guess we have to wait until Jan. 29th to see what all the defense brings up.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Did anyone catch this Dr Drew show??

Post by Nama Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 pm

VERONICA, CALLER FROM HAWAII: Hey, I knew Jodi personally in Rancho Mirage, California. We worked together. She would be in the packing lot refusing to go to work because she couldn`t get him on the phone.

I said, Jodi, leave the boy alone. She goes, I can`t, Veronica. He`s the only man I want to marry. He`s the only man I want to have children with.

PINSKY: Veronica, when was this?

VERONICA: This was back in 2008. She worked at the restaurant for four or five months.

PINSKY: Did you notice anything peculiar about her? Is there anything you can tell us --

VERONICA: Every night. She had a flat affect. She was horrible at the job, but she got it because she was pretty.

And she -- and owners of the restaurant would say, I never want her at my table again. I would say, Jodi, what happened? And she`d say, nothing.

REYNOLDS: What restaurant was this because she lied and said she worked at a place called Margaritaville. There was no such place.

VERONICA: Bull. She worked at Bing Crosby`s in Rancho Mirage.

PINSKY: In Rancho Mirage, in the desert.

VERONICA: And she was living in a house, at Palm Desert Country Club. And she was trying to get me to buy this house for $300,000.

PINSKY: OK. Was she -- does she create chaos? Were she -- did you see any aggression? Was there anything about her that was --

VERONICA: No, Jodi does not show outwardly anything. Jodi stays at a flat affect. Jodi -- she would be telling me, I`ve got to drive to Arizona, Veronica. I`m going tonight after work. And I`d say --

PINSKY: Veronica, when you heard, were you shocked she was capable of something like this?

VERONICA: No, because she abused an animal, I know.

REYNOLDS: Oh, gosh. Well, a lot of Jeffrey Dahmers start with animals.

PINSKY: Tell me about. Again, we cannot confirm or deny what Veronica is telling us, but go ahead. Please tell us what you know.

VERONICA: OK. We had an employee there. He was getting there. His wife was allergic to the cat. He asked her to take the cat. But two weeks while they went on honeymoon, she told me where it`s at. She said, Veronica, I`m going to do it. So, she took the cat in.

After two weeks when the guy got back from his honeymoon, she came up to me and said, Veronica, when I went back to get the cat after two weeks - - I said, two weeks, what do you mean? She said, I left it in a dark room with enough food and water. A lot at her and I was about to strangle her right there. And I had a whole (INAUDIBLE).

And she said the cat was shaking horribly, Veronica. I guess I kind of felt bad. Oh!

REYNOLDS: Showing she`s obviously heartless. Are you watching the trial at all, Veronica?

VERONICA: Yes, ma`am.

REYNOLDS: And so, your thoughts are?

VERONICA: That`s Jodi. She won`t show you what`s going on in her. She won`t show you.

PINSKY: Did she ever sort of flip into different characters where you were sort of surprised by the sort of range where she almost seemed like somebody else?

VERONICA: No, because Jodi has flat affect.

PINSKY: She was flat.

VERONICA: She doesn`t show happiness or sadness or nervousness. She -- oh. My grandmother had a saying. Butter wouldn`t melt in her mouth.

PINSKY: I`m going to say, Dr. Golland, you know, one of the things about sociopaths is they don`t experience much anxiety. So --

GOLLAND: Exactly. That`s exactly what I was thinking.

PINSKY: If Veronica is telling us something accurate, that would sort of fit with the sociopath/psychopath spectrum.

All right. Veronica, I hope you`ll hold for me because I have no doubt I`ll have more questions for you.

Next up, I promise to show you a tape of Jodi`s friend who alleges a different side to Jodi. I`m going to have Veronica maybe ring in on what this other friend is saying.

Then, I`ve got a guest who knows more about the Steubenville rape than anyone else apparently. He`s an insider and he says he`s going to tell us a different story. That`s next.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: We are back talking about the Jodi Arias trial with my co- host, Jillian Barberie Reynolds and our guests. Now, as I said, she`s got some supporters. I want to show you part of an in-session interview with her friend, Donavan Bering, talking about the Jodi she claims to know.

And I have Veronica -- as by the way, I`ve said before, I can`t confirm nor deny the veracity of what Veronica is telling us, but I want her to respond to this tape. Watch.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP) not sure what this clip was....BJ

DONAVAN BERING, JODI ARIAS FAMILY FRIEND: I know Jodi well enough to know that if the situation could be taken back, it would be taken back. Jodi -- Jodi -- would not be in the situation she`s in if she could have helped it.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: So, Veronica, there`s someone that claims she knows -- I`m going to have the whole team listen to the Veronica respond to this knows Jodi. What do you say to that little tape?

VOICE OF VERONICA, SAYS SHE KNEW JODI ARIAS: Well --

(LAUGHTER)

VERONICA: Well, anyone who feels bad about something, Dr. Drew, is going to fess up. OK? This little girl --

(LAUGHTER)

VERONICA: Boy, she`s going to try the best she can to get out of it. I don`t understand the mentality of it, doctor, but boy, I sure worked with her and I knew her. And what I see in her trial and that flat affect and her just holding it all in and just acting like nothing is wrong.

PINSKY: And Veronica, was anyone ever concerned about her? Did anybody get the willies? Did anybody --

VERONICA: Oh, yes. I had co-workers at the restaurant who said, Veronica, stay away from her. What are you talking about? She`s a pretty little girl -- oh no, Veronica, stay away from her. There`s nothing wrong with her. She doesn`t show emotion. She doesn`t get upset. She doesn`t cry. We are wait staff. We are emotional, we are passionate, and she had nothing.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Also, from what I understand, although her lawyers have said in open court that Jodi did kill Travis, she has as yet never admitted it to LE.
That is news to me. I thought she DID finally admit it to LE as all media says she told 3 separate stories. Are you sure about that???

Re: Veronica saying her affect is flat..she doesn't cry. Well, she sure as hell has been crying all through the trial. Not saying it's real tears but I don't see a flat affect and I didn't see a flat affect in the police interrogation upthread. Not that I don't believe Veronica, just saying.

Sorry I missed that Dr. Drew show.

Cannot imagine her walking away from these charges. They even have photos FGS!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:12 pm

|
|

Arias admitted to killing Alexander in later interviews with police.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty She Says "There was No Reason to Kill Travis..he never raped me"

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Would think this shows she was not under any domestic violence "duress".Don't know how the defense can prove she killed in self defense. B to the S.

|
|
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Jodi Arias Documentary-(In her own words) "48 Hours"

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:39 pm

This is very interesting.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Wow, so according to that article she did finally confess. Wouldn't it have made sense to have played THAT tape in court for the jury?? Maybe the state is saving that for after the defense is done. I just learned the state can still call rebuttal witnesses and put on a whole other argument before closing statements too, so maybe I'm worrying for nothing.

That 48 hours tape is very interesting. I think I saw they are replaying that tonight on their show also. Her lies are so obvious in this video, knowing what we know now.

Last edited by samgoodwin on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 pm

She is a seasoned liar. She thinks that little calm voice and her looks w/get her through anything.

I DO think the State is saving that interrogation tape for later. I searched the web and it's not there.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

I'm really not all that impressed with her looks. Not sure where they get the "great beauty" comments from. She had a couple nice photos taken back when she was blonde, but her day to day look in the court room is nothing special. Although I suppose they're trying to make her as plain as possible. Something about her staring eyes creeps me out.

Maybe just because I know what she did.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 am

Did you all see this? Jodi's mom went into court and stated that she had evidence of juror misconduct! Unreal. She also tried selling Jodi's forged letters to the Enquirer that Jodi tried to pretend were from Travis. Mom sounds as bad as Jodi.

I copied this from the Travis support fb site. Link is at the bottom to the actual hearing transcript.

1:31 p.m. Court reconvenes with Defendant and respective counsel all present in Chambers.

Court Reporter, Barbara Stockford, is present.

Case agent, Detective Flores, is present.

Sandy Arias is present and informs the Court she was told information regarding possible juror misconduct. Sandy Arias leaves Chambers.

Discussion is held as stated on the record. Each Juror will be brought in individually and questioned.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:46 am

I am really starting to have serious issues with the "JURY Selection Process"!!!!

SAM: I did hear about those letters allegedly from Travis to Jodi. Copies of course, because the originals were destroyed. (HOW FREAKEN CONVENIENT) If I'm not mistaken these letters were brought to the attention of the Court (perhaps entered as exhibits) early on and odds are good we'll be hearing about them from the Defense.

I have looked at those pictures of Travis in the shower a few times now and he really doesn't look like he's flexing or attempting to be sultry (as Nancy puts it).
While referring to the pictures of him showering, Jodi says something like "Travis would never go for that"
It's creepy that several of the photos actually depict areas on his body where he was attacked, face, neck, back
12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 T210 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 T410 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 T310

There is one of him with his hands crossed and clinched over his chest, face raised... looks to me that he could actually be praying...
12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 T110
Makes me wonder if Jodi was holding him at gun point while she snapped away.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spayneuteryourpets Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:40 am

Maybe it's just me but I think he looks scared. It's probably just me because I know what is about to happen.
spayneuteryourpets
spayneuteryourpets

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 pm

I agree, that first face picture I see fear in his eyes, like he's just realized she's snapped. Depending on the camera, I'm not sure how easy it is to hold a gun on someone and take pictures at the same time. But my first thought when I saw that photo was that she probably walked into the bathroom holding a gun on him.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:07 pm

I don't know what to think of those pics. Didn't she say he agreed to tasteful pics of him in the shower?

Nite, specifically Where on the face, neck and back does it depict attacks? IIRC, you said you did not think those were scratches on his back or they would have been brought up in court. If he had attack wounds on those posted pics, wouldn't that have been discussed in court?

It's possible she had a gun on him..in fact, I would bet she did - otherwise he would have tried to get away in the shower so that makes perfect sense.

Re: those letters. First I've heard of it. Wow. Would love to know HOW Jodi's mother thinks there is juror misconduct re those copied letters. Nothing on NG or JVM to my knowledge was ever mentioned about that.

Re: her looks. I agree. Just like I did w/CA.

Also, looks like Sandy Arias is another Cindy Anthony.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Travis Alexander's alleged letters to Jodi Arias may be published in tabloid

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 pm

JANUARY 18, 2013
BY: TAYLOR RIOS

On the Jan. 17 episode of "Nancy Grace," Mike Walker, the senior editor of the National Enquirer, spoke about how Travis Alexander's alleged letters to Jodi Arias may be published. The murderer's mother, Sandy Arias, contacted the tabloid with the "evidence."

The National Enquirer is a tabloid and has a reputation for printing anything without confirming its authenticity. The subject matter of the letters does not paint the victim in a positive light and seem to be fabricated, especially since they were not original letters, but copies. Sandy Arias claimed the originals were destroyed.

If they were genuine, then they would have been entered in as evidence in the Jodi Arias trial or a more reputable news source would have agreed to publish them.

Mike Walker did tell Nancy Grace that he felt one of the letters was silly. He was referring to the letter about Travis Alexander wanting Arias to wear his cuff links so he could see his initials while she performed oral sex on him. The editor said that it seems like a woman would write that sort of thing, not a man.

When Nancy Grace asked Mike Walker if the National Enquirer was going to publish the letters, he said that a decision had not been made yet and they want to be very careful because of the ongoing trial.

The letters also say that the victim admits to hitting Jodi Arias in the face and that marrying her would erase the deviant thoughts he had about her. It seems that the killer is scheming even while she is behind bars. It is no secret that Jodi wanted Travis to marry her, but she would not make a suitable Mormon wife and she was simply his "dirty little secret." Perhaps Arias' narcissism wants to prove to the world how desirable she is, which is common in those with narcissistic traits and would explain why she would fabricate the letters and include the marriage bit in them.

There is also the question of why these letters are surfacing now instead of when she was arrested. The only reasonable explanation is that Jodi knows that she is going to be found guilty of Travis Alexander's murder. Her mother, Sandy Arias, is working with her daughter to somehow prove to the public that the killer was a defenseless "victim" that was abused.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 5 Empty Accused murderer Jodi Arias speaks to ’48 Hours’

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 pm

JANUARY 19, 2013
BY: CINDY ADAMS

On Jan. 19, 2013, the accused murderer Jodi Arias will be featured on the CBS news magazine, “48 Hours.” She is accused of killing her former lover, Mesa, Ariz. man Travis Alexander in 2008.

“Accused killer Jodi Arias told all to ’48 Hours’… now her words are evidence in her life-or-death trial…” the show’s website notes.

Four years ago, Arias spoke with CBS News from her jail cell. At the time, she was confident the case would never go to trial as she proclaimed her innocence.

CBS’ Jonathan Leach described his first meeting with Arias, saying he had “never met someone so excited to be interviewed…”

She apparently gave the crew direction on how to shoot her, telling them if she gets “shiny” they should take a break and that she would rather appear with “no chains, if possible…”
Talk about narcissism at its finest!

At the time of the interview, she had not yet admitted to killing Alexander in self-defense, but instead had told police she had not been near his home.

At one meeting with Leach, she hesitated and then told him, “I’m trying to think if I wanna say this or not… There’s a lot of evidence that places me at Travis’ house the day he was killed. I did see Travis the day he passed away—I almost lost my life as well.”

Arias, 32, claimed she had been taking photos of Alexander in the shower, when she was hit on the back of the head. She said when she awoke Alexander was being killed by two masked intruders. One grabbed her, held a gun to her head, and told her if she talked he would kill her, according to her story. Arias alleged the man pulled the trigger and all she heard was a click so she ran down the stairs and out the door. She said she did not tell police about the incident because she was scared.

Later, Arias would admit to murdering Alexander, 30, because, she claimed, he was abusive and she had no choice.

“Picture Perfect: The Trial of Jodi Arias” airs on CBS Saturday Jan. 19, 2013 at 10 p.m. ET.

Am wondering if this w/be different than the one I posted upthread. I figure they w/show clips of that one but more w/be added since much to her dismay, Sarcasm she is not only on trial but on trial w/the death penalty.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Missed this tonight, hopefully they'll replay it at some time. Or maybe it will be online?
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am

samgoodwin wrote:Missed this tonight, hopefully they'll replay it at some time. Or maybe it will be online?
Here you go, Sam. You can watch the episode online. I saw this show a couple years ago.

Picture Perfect: The trial of Jodi Arias
January 19, 2013 7:45 PM
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am

Thanks, I watched the original Picture Perfect. But this one is updated since the trial, correct?? Watching now.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 am

Sam, it is updated as I am watching it right now. Wrap, if you didn't see it, it would be worth finding it online.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 am

That is the 48 hours from tonight right? You do need to watch it if it is!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 am

Yes, it is. Have not watched it yet but will.

I was just on this FB site

They are talking about something in the Mormon faith called "blood atonement" where one sheds blood if one has sinned, like adultery for example. The practice is to slit the persons throat from ear to ear. It's fundamental Mormon belief. It would be just like her to read up on this and feel like she was doing him a favor by shedding his blood - thus shedding him of all his sins. She could have easily shot him to death but chose to take it even further stabbing him and slitting his throat. OMG, That is completely freaky. crazy3

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:10 am

WRAP asked: Nite, specifically Where on the face, neck and back does it depict attacks? IIRC, you said you did not think those were scratches on his back or they would have been brought up in court. If he had attack wounds on those posted pics, wouldn't that have been discussed in court?

The pictures of Travis in the shower were taken before he was attacked. He has no visible signs of them until after he was murdered.
I didn't include the crime scene or autopsy photos as they have already been posted here. In those pics you can clearly see the areas where he suffered injuries, shot in the face, stabbed in between his shoulder blades, and throat cut.

On the topic of Mormonism, many people (mostly men and boys) fold their arms over their chest as they pray.

Also I think those letters that Jodi prompted her mother to get published, were considered Hearsay by the court and were inadmissible.

FEAR is what I see in the expression on Travis' face, good to know I'm not alone in that belief.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 am

BLOOD ATONEMENT

Brigham Young made this chilling statement regarding a person's obligation to spill the blood of those who committed serious sins:

"Now take a person in this congregation who has knowledge with regard to being saved... and suppose that he is overtaken in a gross fault, that he has committed a sin that he knows will deprive him of that exaltation which he desires, and that he cannot attain to it without the shedding his blood, and also knows that by having his blood shed he will atone for that sin and be saved and exalted with the Gods, is there a man or woman in this house but what would say, 'shed my blood that I may be saved and exalted with the Gods?'

"All mankind love themselves, and let these principles be known by an individual, and he would be glad to have his blood shed. That would be loving themselves, even unto an eternal exaltation. Will you love your brothers and sisters likewise, when they have committed a sin that cannot be atoned for without the shedding of their blood? Will you love that man or woman well enough to shed their blood? That is what Jesus Christ meant....

Want to know more about this? Do a Google search using quotations "Mormon Blood Atonement"
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:03 am

It's downright CREEPY! And, in her warped mind she would think she "saved" him. crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 pm

She wasn't really a Mormon long enough to be following their religious beliefs though. I think she only became a Mormon to attract Travis.

It's a good thing the defense team has already picked self defense as her defense or they might have tried to use this as her following her religious beliefs.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I do wonder if she has heard of this. She could have easily shot him to death and been done w/it..might have even gotten away w/it for all we know. She was stupid to put the camera in the washing machine w/the SIM card,even though she had deleted it.

And, she even says something like "If I were going to kill someone, I would use gloves and do it humanely." Who says that???? So, she KNOWS what she did was in no way "Humane". I truly think she read up on "blood atonement" and I think it's quite possible this is one reason (beside the revenge aspect) that she kept stabbing him and then slit his throat. She thought she was saving him from his depravity. Not that she's the Virgin Mary.

I think if the defense used this "blood atonement" approach, she would definitely be found guilty. Just because it's so sick and sadistic. my 2 cents
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next