Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

+8
Slys Hunny
HippyChick2
Darkman
Lilone
spayneuteryourpets
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
12 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I do wonder if she has heard of this. She could have easily shot him to death and been done w/it..might have even gotten away w/it for all we know. She was stupid to put the camera in the washing machine w/the SIM card,even though she had deleted it.

And, she even says something like "If I were going to kill someone, I would use gloves and do it humanely." Who says that???? So, she KNOWS what she did was in no way "Humane". I truly think she read up on "blood atonement" and I think it's quite possible this is one reason (beside the revenge aspect) that she kept stabbing him and then slit his throat. She thought she was saving him from his depravity. Not that she's the Virgin Mary.

I think if the defense used this "blood atonement" approach, she would definitely be found guilty. Just because it's so sick and sadistic. my 2 cents

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 pm

I don't know, Wrap, I think she was shocked when he didn't die right away after either the stab/shot - whichever came first, and just started attacking him like he was "the thing that wouldn't die." I'm guessing it was a mix of anger and panic when he didn't immediately fall over. I doubt her "saving him from his sins" or any atonement ever entered her mind.

I can see this with either gun or knife being used first. If she shot him and then instead of falling, he lunged toward her and the gun jammed on the second try, then she may have gone for the knife. In her second story to police, she said the "ninja's" gun jammed - and I think like CA, there is a grain of truth in her lies.

If she stabbed him in the chest first and he doubled over, but tried to get the knife away from her (as evidenced by the cuts on his hands) she may have panicked and started stabbing him in the back all those times. Then when he broke away and started crawling down the hall to get away from her, she went after him and leaned over him and slit his throat.

This all happened within a couple of minutes, I'm not sure she had time to form any theories about atonement for his sins.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Good points, Sam.

I am just curious if she's ever heard of this "blood atonement" since this was so pre-meditated. Maybe in her warped mind she thought she was doing him a favor so he wouldn't burn in hell for having other girlfriends. Who really knows what went through her mind? I do not think she is clinically insane but she is just like CA in that she is the epitome of a pschopath..no guilt whatsoever..has an alibi/lie for everything and can look you straight in the eye and cry on demand.

I do still wonder if she shot him first or stabbed him first. IIRC, didn't the defense attempt a mis-trial because LE said she shot him first initially and said something different on the stand?

I DO think you may be on to something when you talk about the gun jamming.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Yes, that was one of many reasons the defense asked for a mistrial. It seemed to be a daily event.

You could be right, who knows what went through her mind. I'm watching HLN tonight and Nancy Grace and JVM both covered this again.

I almost wish they'd quit talking about it, because there are callers calling in with all sorts of bizarre theories in the "Jodi is innocent" vein. One woman thought Jodi was controlled by some man involved in witchcraft who was with her helping kill Travis and forcing Jodi to participate. BS Another caller thought the "kool-aid" spilled in Jodi's car was the blood of some man who helped Jodi kill Travis. So ridiculous when her defense team has already admitted she killed him and no other fingerprints or blood were found from anyone else.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 pm

That IS ridiculous!!

Didn't think they would cover this tonight but am going to post the videos from JVM, NG and Dr. Drew.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 am

Wrapitup wrote:By Graham Winch
updated 6:18 PM EST, Tue January 08, 2013

After being stabbed in the heart, Travis Alexander may have had a few minutes to fend off his attacker before losing consciousness, according to the doctor who preformed his autopsy.

Medical examiner Dr. Kevin Horn took the witness stand in the Jodi Arias trial Tuesday detailing the brutal attack that killed Alexander.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez walked Dr. Horn through Alexander’s wounds by displaying a series of photos to the jurors showing knife wounds to Alexander’s neck, chest and hands.

The photos caused members of Alexander’s family to immediately begin crying, and they eventually left the courtroom.

Dr. Horn said that Alexander sustained three injuries that would have been “rapidly fatal” and he ultimately died from blood loss.

Dr. Horn testified that it was likely that Alexander’s first life-threatening injury was to his heart. The “sharp-edged object” pierced his chest cavity, the tissue surrounding his heart and a major vessel of the heart, said Dr. Horn.

However, as Alexander bled internally and possibly even externally from the wound to his chest, he may have had a few minutes to fight off his attacker before losing consciousness and eventually dying from the wound. In fact, Dr. Horn explained that Alexander even had knife wounds on both hands that were “consistent with defensive wounds.”

Dr. Horn explained defensive wounds are based on location such as wounds to the hands, back of the hands or forearms that are consistent with someone fighting off an attack.

Another possibly fatal injury Dr. Horn detailed was the injury to Alexander’s neck that severed his jugular vein. Dr. Horn said the cut to Alexander’s neck went so deep it went all the way down to his spine. Dr. Horn says this wound would have caused Alexander to lose consciousness within seconds and die within minutes.

Alexander was also shot in the head. Dr. Horn said the bullet passed through Alexander’s skull, passing through his right frontal lobe, and stopped in his left cheek. Dr. Horn said the gunshot wound could have been a fatal wound, but there is a chance that Alexander was shot in the head after he had already died, because there was a lack of hemorrhaging in the brain.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I know I've read and heard on the news that the ME said that he was stabbed first. I didn't feel like going thru' all the posts, when I saw this one it explains enough. When that officer ws on the staqnd and made the mistake in saying that he had been shot first, then had to admit that he was wrong the defense asked for a mistrial. I know it was discussed at length on one of the NG shows.
As far as the 'atonement' goes, if she had known about this surely she would have told her lawyers as I think they would have used this as a defense. Of course this is all JMOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:18 am

Wrap - that's a very interesting video from Dr. Drew with the old boyfriend, Abe! She totally lied to him about not having gone to Travis's service.

I wish they had used this guy as a witness for the state.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:21 am

Wonder WHY she would lie to him about not going to the service???

Re: BA- who really knows if she's read up on this or not but I think she probably has..just saying..don't know if she did maybe tell her attorneys that and they told her to go w/the self defense as the other would for sure get her a trip to death row or at least life in prison. Did they ever have her evaluated for insanity? Not that I think she is clinically insane but she is Def not right in the head.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 am

Arias' third story is detailed in recent court documents as part of a request she made to admit electronic copies of letters allegedly written by Alexander between November 27, 2006, and May 27, 2008.

"Defendant had previously attributed the crime to intruders. She now argues that all of the letters must be admitted to support her domestic violence defense," prosecutors wrote in a motion to preclude the letters. "Defendant argues that the letters are relevant to her claim of self-defense and that she was a victim of previous 'sexual and physical abuse' by Mr. Alexander."

Arias, according to prosecutors, is claiming Alexander "became angry when she dropped his camera" and she was forced to kill him in self-defense. Angela Arias made reference to this defense in a Facebook post Tuesday.

"My sister is innocent of the crime they are accusing her of ... She did kill Travis but it was not in cold blood, it was not for revenge, it was because she was afraid for her life," Angela Arias wrote.

Jodi Arias is also claiming that Alexander admitted in the letters that he was a pedophile. But, according to Cobb, the prosecutor's office was able to show the letters were not all they were alleged to be.

"They did a scientific examination of the letters and concluded they had been forged," Cobb told The Huffington Post.

First Posted: 12/29/2011 5:35 pm
I just found this article up thread, because it contains info as to when those letters were introduced I am re-posting this since there's been recent talk/questions about them.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 pm

They've already proved that Jodi forged these letters, so I don't understand why anyone would think they are going to come in at trial? I'm betting the defense wants to introduce them just to confuse the already confused jurors even more.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 pm

I agree. Doubt the judge will allow the letters to be introduced. She would be one sorry judge if she did.

NG was very interesting tonight. Apparently, JA had a fling w/a married man ONCE in his car for 2 hours and he told the guy that NG interviewed that he "wanted to leave his wife and kids and be w/Jodi". Even the guy NG was talking to said he thought she was "smoking hot" and extremely nice. Then, they had some book called "Mormonism for Dummies" (you can't make this stuff up! )WTF and some Mormon saying that Travis would have had to completely repent had he lived..that Mormon's believe in 3 places you go..one is if you follow their believes and live your life accordingly, the 2nd are the ones that are iffy and the 3rd place is if you are like TA. Then, the guy said their version of "heaven" is their own planet. Going to see if I can find video.

I wonder if NG has heard of this "Blood Atonement". I feel like emailing her and JVM w/the link that Nite provided.

Also wondering why the defense isn't going to start calling witnesses until Jan. 29th. Could it be possible they w/come up w/a plea deal??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Jodi Arias ‘Won’t Get The Death Penalty’ Predicts Criminal Defense Attorney, Despite ‘Sheer Viciousness’ Of Attack

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:41AM | By Debbie Emery, Radar Reporter

The prosecution in the Jodi Arias murder trial is determined to make her the fourth woman in Arizona’s history to be sent to death row due to the brutality of the butchering that Travis Alexander endured, however her lack of a criminal record makes it unlikely she will die by lethal injection, even if she is found guilty of murder, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

“It was a very vicious attack that resulted in her ex-boyfriend’s death, so the sheer viciousness could in fact warrant the death penalty, but because she has no criminal past – and normally we like to reserve the death penalty for really the worst of the worst – it is unlikely,” Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney Dana Cole told Radar in an exclusive interview.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Jodi, now 32, is accused of murder after shooting the 30-year-old motivational speaker in the face, stabbing him 27 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear in his Mesa, Arizona home in June 2008, however, her defense team maintain it was in self-defense.

“Her lack of criminal record would be the main point I would be arguing if I was her attorney, and I think ultimately the jury will not give her the death penalty,” explained Cole.

“It is very rare unless the defendant is a really hated person, and to warrant such deep hatred they really would have had to have lived a life of crime. I disagree. She is right up there w/Casey Anthony as the most hated. However, I do NOT think she w/get the DP. Just HOPE she is found Guilty.

“If you go by the standard criteria as to charge someone with a capital offense, it doesn’t seem like she would fit it. It seems more like a great act of passion,” he revealed. “She appears to be a prolific liar and she can’t keep her facts straight, but that still wouldn’t really qualify her for execution for her first offense, no matter how gruesome the crime.”

Arias’ attorneys are arguing that she killed Travis because she was terrified of the controlling “sexual deviant.”

“The problem is that self defense should have been her first story when she was questioned about his killing, but it wasn’t even her second story!” said Cole, revealing that it makes it a lot less plausible after not being claimed initially.

Meanwhile, last Thursday, Maricopa County court Judge Sherry Stephens announced a break of more than a week in the proceedings, and the defense will now present their case beginning on Tuesday, January 29.

Stay with RadarOnline.com for updates on the trial when it resumes.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 pm

January 22, 2013 8:43 AM

Jodi Arias, accused killer, selling artwork on eBay, report says

By Barry Leibowitz Topics Daily Blotter
Jodi Arias / Brian Bierwiler/Four Alarm Pictures (CBS)

PHOENIX,Ariz. - Artwork supposedly created by accused murderer Jodi Arias is up for auction on eBay - and, apparently selling - in an effort by supporters to help raise money for her family's travel expenses and other fees, CBS affiliate KPHO reports.

The station says seven of Arias' drawings have sold on the auction website since Jan. 10.

Arias is on trial in Phoenix, accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander in the face, stabbing him 27 times and slitting his throat. State prosecutors rested their case Thursday morning, Jan. 17.

After changing her story several times, Arias has admitted to killing Alexander but claims it was in self-defense after he attacked her.

According to KPHO, as of Monday afternoon there were two active listings of Arias' artwork - one, a drawing of an unidentified model, and the other is a drawing of Grace Kelly.

The Jodi Arias murder trial is scheduled to resume on Tuesday Jan. 29, in Maricopa County Superior Court.

Had heard this and saw her artwork. I think her sister is selling it for her. pulling hair Who in their right mind would buy anything from her??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:05 am

I don't think she will get the death penalty either. I do hope she gets either life, or a long, long sentence without parole.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:15 am

If she walks, I think many of us w/lose all faith in our "justice" system. TMLS was one thing but this would be the icing on the proverbial cake.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 am

Can sing ... can draw ... can take photos .. and is very "feisty"... if she can also cook eat , she can make a perfect wife ... fingertap

Sarcasm

Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:53 am

LMAO, Darkman.

I was thinking about this last night. She really had a promising future. I hate to admit it but she is a very talented artist. Even Janie Weintraub, that very outspoken defense Attorney, said so.

I read that both Travis and Jodi are/were "south-paws". Wondering if that would have made it "easier" (for lack of a better word) to hold a gun in one hand and a camera in the other snapping pics of him in the shower.

p.s. could have done w/out the "f" word, Darkman. Sarcasm And I don't mean the four letter word. :lol:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Empty Nancy Grace Transcript ~ Jan. 22, 2013

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Since I cannot find a video of this, am posting some of what was stated on her show last night. UNREAL!!

NANCY GRACE

Jodi Arias Caught in Escape Attempt?

Aired January 22, 2013 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST:

And another Mormon man falls under Arias`s spell, vowing to leave his wife and children. Oh, and Arias`s so-called artwork brings in the big bucks on eBay. You know what? That`s not right.

Bombshell tonight. Tonight we can reveal Arias busted, set to run, go on the lam just before cops slap on the handcuffs.

Out to Jean Casarez, legal correspondent, "In Session. Jean, you`re the one that broke the story. What happened?

JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION" (via telephone): Nancy, we`re learning some absolutely amazing things from a police incident report that we have just gotten hold of. On July 14th, when Mesa police detectives went to Yreka to arrest Jodi Arias, they found her at her grandparents` house.

They visually surveilled her from outside, and they could see inside that she was packing boxes and packing suitcases. They believed she was going to flee. They stayed there watching her. In time (ph) of that night, of July 14th, a car pulled up. She came outside to talk to a female person in the driver`s seat. They believe that was her mother. It was a lengthy conversation. It ended with Jodi going back into her grandparents` house, her mother driving off.

The next day, they found a brand-new shiny rental car outside of the grandparents` house. They subsequently arrested Jodi, executed a search warrant, and found in that rental car boxes of books of Jodi Arias`s. Intermingled amongst the books were two knives. In her suitcase was a box of .9-millimeter bullets, no gun.

Less than a month later, her mother was inquiring where the gun was that Jodi had hidden in the rental car. They traced the rental car at that point to San Francisco, California, and they found hidden in that car a .9- millimeter gun.

GRACE: You know, Jean Casarez, this is blockbuster, bombshell evidence, and I am just wondering why the prosecution didn`t put it to the jury in their case in chief. To me, this is clear evidence of flight, and you don`t run unless you think somebody`s chasing you. Jean...

CASAREZ: That`s right. They did not...

GRACE: ... when a police car pulls up beside you on the interstate, do you hit the gas and take off at 90 miles an hour? No, you do not, Jean Casarez, because they`re not chasing you. But she was set to leave. In fact, she`s on secret police surveillance.

Unleash the lawyers, Ken Padowitz, Miami, Holly Hughes, Darryl Cohen, Atlanta. What about it, Ken Padowitz?

KEN PADOWITZ, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Well, Nancy, I think you`re absolutely correct. This is a very strong circumstantial case, and with all the evidence that they have, surely, the prosecution should put forth in front of that jury right off the bat the fact that she was attempting to leave the jurisdiction, the fact that she was attempting to flee. And I think they`ve made a major misstep, the prosecution, by not bringing this evidence up right in the beginning.Me, too.

GRACE: Padowitz, I agree completely. As a matter of fact, Ken, when I was still prosecuting for 10 straight years, my theory was give the jury everything you`ve got up front. Don`t hide anything. Give it all to them because you never know if you`re going to get a chance on rebuttal.

And also, Holly Hughes, once they start reaching a decision in their own mind, it`s hard to change that decision with rebuttal evidence.

HOLLY HUGHES, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: It absolutely is. And again, it looks like they`re grasping at straws, like, Oh, no, the defense put up such great stuff, we`re scared. So now let`s go back and mention stuff we didn`t in the first place.

But let me point this out, Nancy. She wasn`t on the run because she wasn`t in custody. You`re using the word "escape," but until she is in custody, she is perfectly free...

GRACE: Holly...

HUGHES: ... to move about the country just like you and I.

GRACE: Holly...

HUGHES: Until she`s arrested, she has every right to pack up some books and drive herself anywhere she wants to go.

GRACE: Darryl Cohen, when somebody robs a bank and guns down three or four people and they take off and they cross state lines driving 90 miles an hour, wouldn`t you, in the vernacular sense, describe that as on the run?

DARRYL COHEN, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Nancy, I feel like I`ve been set up, but of course, that`s on the run. But she waited 10 days. She wasn`t fleeing. She had her books. She didn`t have her clothing. She was waiting. She had a rental car. She was leaving. That`s not the same.

GRACE: I`m so glad she remembered to pack her knives and her .9- millimeter, along with her books. Good point! And, she has stated she doesn't like guns or something to that affect to LE on tape. Lies

GRACE: ... remember to change her hair color, get a rental car, turn the tag upside-down, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You know what? You can say whatever you want, but Padowitz, you know the deal.

Jean, for those people just joining us -- everybody, Jean Casarez breaking the story tonight on our show that Jodi Arias busted trying to escape.

Jean, when they looked through what she had, they found two knives hidden amongst all those books. And you`re telling me the .9-millimeter weapon was not -- it was hidden so well that it was only discovered when the rental car, a Chevy Cobalt, was serviced about a month later?

CASAREZ: In San Francisco, California, that`s right. And the jury at this point has not heard this information. But Nancy, the defense is self- defense. So there`s going to be a rebuttal case from the prosecution.

GRACE: Absolutely.

CASAREZ: And if the jury learns this in a rebuttal case, that will be blockbuster.

GRACE: You know, that`s always a tough decision, whether you want to give it to the jury on a silver platter in your case in chief or hold back for rebuttal. Now, the problem -- everybody, Jean, Beth both with us tonight, both of them lawyers, as well as correspondents. They know the ins and outs of the courtroom.

You know, Jean, a lot of jurisdictions only let you put up rebuttal evidence that directly controverts something that was put up by the defense. So you`ve got to wait and see what the defense is going to do before the judge can rule whether this will ever come before the jury.

And it`s just not right that all of us know all of these details that the jury will never know. I`m just curious, Jean, when she bought that .9- millimeter. Why was she taking it with her? What was she planning to do on the run?

Another thing, Jean Casarez. Did cops, as they were secretly watching the grandparents` home -- did they see her having a conversation with her mother out in the car?

CASAREZ: Yes, they did, a woman they believed was her mother. Another thing from these police incident reports, they later executed a search warrant on her mother`s home, her parents` home. They found a box of .25- millimeter bullets in that home.

GRACE: Man, was that brought into the jury in the state`s case in chief?

CASAREZ: Not that I know of, no.

GRACE: I`m just very surprised and concerned all of this has not gone in front of the jury. But again, maybe the state`s holding it back for rebuttal.

Here`s another twist on that, Jean Casarez. Can the mother be called to testify as to what her daughter told her in that car? Would she tell the truth, or would she lie to save her daughter`s skin, Jean Casarez?

CASAREZ: Well, an interesting point is, it was the mother that was inquiring, and the reports do not say who she was inquiring to, but she was asking about the gun her daughter had hidden in the car. So Jodi`s mother knows information.

GRACE: For those of you just joining us, breaking tonight, we learn Jodi Arias busted trying to escape just before cops slap on the handcuffs, her grandparents` home under secret surveillance by police as they watch her pack and load boxes.

Jean Casarez, give it to me one more time with the timeline.

CASAREZ: This is July 14th, the day before she`s arrested. Mesa police arrived in Yreka, California. They are able to locate Jodi inside her grandparents` home. Visually, they can stand outside, surveil her and see that she is packing boxes.

They were concerned she was going to flee, so they stayed outside the home. The next day, a rental car was loaded with boxes and at least one suitcase of Jodi Arias. They arrest Jodi. They immediately execute search warrants at the grandparents` home, the parents` home, and that car.

Inside the car, in her boxes were many books, and amongst the books, two knives. In her suitcase, a .9-millimeter box of bullets.

And one more thing, Nancy. When they executed the search warrant in her bedroom of her grandparents` house, they found evidence that she had purchased a .9-millimeter gun.

GRACE: Out to the lines. Sandy in Idaho. Hi, Sandy. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi. I was just calling -- I just don`t understand the justice system anymore. There is so much evidence that shows us obviously she`s guilty. There`s no other suspect. There`s all this surveillance. They have all this evidence they`ve found.

I don`t understand what the holdup is. She needs to be prosecuted because people like this, like in the O.J. Simpson case, so much evidence, and he got away with it. I mean, is this going to happen again? I don`t understand. I mean...

GRACE: Well, I`m very concerned, Sandy in Idaho. I`m very concerned. I don`t know if you heard the questions from the jury last week.

Out to you, Bonnie Druker. The questions from the jury very disturbing. In that jurisdiction, the jury is allowed to ask questions, as when I practiced law, they could ask questions. And the questions they were asking seemed to suggest that they believe his roommates could have been part of the murder, not Jodi Arias -- asking about their alibis, were they questioned? A lot of questions about the roommates.

Rita Cosby, is this going to play out just like tot mom and O.J. Simpson?

RITA COSBY, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER: You know what? Sadly, it could. And as you point out, the questions from the jury are, Where were the roommates? Didn`t they hear anything? Didn`t they see anything?

And what`s so bizarre, Nancy, in this case, as we know, she had said from the opening statements from her defense -- and we`re going to hear a lot more in a week -- her defense attorney said she did it, but it was self- defense. But for some reason, the jury is having a hard time believing this small woman, this pretty woman, could have done this horrendous crime. It`s shocking, Nancy!

GRACE: She is claiming that he was verbally abusive. The first time we hear of any physical abuse claim by her is the incident where she slashes him, a smiley faced slash from ear to ear.

GRACE: Welcome back. Bombshell. We can now reveal what we had suspected. We have evidence that Jodi Arias busted trying to escape just before cops slap on the handcuffs. She is under secret police surveillance as she loads and packs box after box to flee the jurisdiction, to go on the lam. The jury not privy to this information. What did she pack? Bullets, knives, books and a secret .9-millimeter weapon.

And when she said, If I had it in me to kill him, I would have done it humanely and quickly, it`s almost as though she`s conceding it wasn`t humane and that it was cruel. And cruelty is the aggravator the state is seeking to prove that would get her death, if the jury agrees.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Just days after killing him, Arias allegedly posts the following message on his obituary page, with sentiments in stark contrast to those claims.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: "I am so grateful for the endless hours of conversation and the amazing experiences we`ve shared."

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She never said bad things about him, really, I mean, besides that when she said the trust issue. Besides that, everything was - - he was a great guy, he inspired her, he was great.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They`re using the whole violence thing because that`s - - what else can she say? She`s already changed her story two or three times.

GRACE: Now, remember, all of these postings she made after she stabbed him to death in the shower.

We are taking your calls. Out to you, Matt Zarrell. Why is phone sex taking center stage in the courtroom?

MATT ZARRELL, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER (via telephone): Well, the defense plans to present a recorded phone call between Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias just a couple weeks before the murder. In it, they claim that Travis Alexander, who portrays himself to be a good Mormon person, has very verbally, sexually explicit phone sex with Jodi Arias, including suggesting that he is going to tie Arias to a tree and perform anal sex on her.

All right. Where are the lawyers? Darryl Cohen, let me just start with you, friend. They`re claiming self-defense, but here she is 300 miles away from Travis Alexander, and she`s calling him for phone sex. Nobody`s forcing her to do anything.

And I don`t know if you`ve seen the photos, the digi-cam photos of the sex marathon they had before the stabbing death. Nobody`s forcing her to do anything. There`s no evidence of physical abuse. So how are they going to get to the battered women`s syndrome at the defense?

COHEN: I think it`s very easy, Nancy. We`ve got a battered women`s syndrome. Emotional battering is what obviously took place. She drove 1,000 miles to see her ex-boyfriend. They had sex, which means she thought they were having a current affair. And then he drops the bomb, I`m going to Cancun with another girl. What do you think she would do? She snapped.

GRACE: That`s not battering! That`s jealousy! That`s plain old jealousy!

GRACE: Welcome back. A bombshell. Not only did we learn Jodi Arias planning to escape, set to flee just before she is brought in on murder, cops have her grandparents` home under secret surveillance as she loads and packs boxes, but we also learn yet another Mormon man smitten by Jodi Arias, set to leave his wife and children to be with Arias.

What did we learn, Matt Zarrell? Another Mormon man said to be her victim?

ZARRELL: Well, we spoke to a friend of both Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias who says there was this one guy after spending several hours with Arias at a convention said that when he gets home he`s going to divorce his wife to be with Arias.

The guy was also a father of children. He was a devout Mormon. Said when he got home he was going to talk to his bishop. He also allegedly said, quote, "Jodi is what I need. She is gorgeous. She laughed at my jokes. She gets me. We connect." And the man was completely serious.

GRACE: OK. I don`t know what mesmerizing effect Arias has on men.

Joining me right now, two special guests, Jamie Simko, friend of Travis Alexander, the murder victim in this case, and Jodi Arias on trial for his murder. Also with me, Christopher Bigelow, co-author of "Mormonism for Dummies."

Tell me about the Facebook chat you had with Alexander just -- not long before he was murdered.

SIMKO: Yes, I think it was just a few weeks, maybe a month before he was murdered and he had sent me a link through Facebook chat, and he said, hey, you know, check out my new blog post. I`m getting this -- my new blog going. And I read it and it was just an awesome story that he talked about his childhood. And anybody can read those now.

Anyway, and then through the conversations I was like, hey, how is it going with you and Jodi? Because under my impression I thought they were still together. And the words he said to me was, oh, it`s good, but it`s just a struggle. And my interpretation of that was, coming from him, I knew he was a devout Mormon.

And when he said it`s just a struggle, I mean, putting the two and two together, I knew they`d been spending personal time together a lot, traveling all over the place, and immediately went in my mind he is having sex with her and he feels guilty about it. And I feel you, bro. But I didn`t say anything. I just said, you know, I understand.

GRACE: Wow. That`s interesting that he said that not long before his death.

Question. What can you tell me about another Mormon gentleman that meets Arias and falls hopelessly for her and immediately decides he`s going to leave his wife and children to be with Jodi Arias? What happened?

SIMKO: Well, before I say this story, I`m going to state something. I`m going to set something apart here.

GRACE: OK.

SIMKO: A lot of the men you`ve been interviewing on your show are also Mormons, and a lot of them are married. And, you know, a lot of them, they`re saying it but they`re not really saying it how they`d like to say it or how it really should be said. They`re saying, you know, she`s -- she was attractive or she was a cute girl.

Let`s get something straight. When I first laid eyes on her, I said, wow, this girl is smoking hot. And then, once I got to know her a little bit, I`m like, not only is she smoking hot, she`s one of the nicest people I ever met in my entire life. OK?

GRACE: I take it you are not Mormon?

SIMKO: I`m not Mormon.

GRACE: All right. That`s -- I`m just putting the pieces together. OK. Now that we have established Jodi Arias is, quote, "smoking hot," I disagree because when I see her, I see blood running down her wrists, OK? That kind of detracts from any physical attractiveness one may perceive, the whole blood, the whole murder thing.

Now, thank you for establishing on the record, Mr. Simko, that she`s smoking hot. Can we get to --

SIMKO: When I first met her, that was my first impression. I`m with you eye to eye hindsight.

(LAUGHTER)

GRACE: And, you know, a lot of people, and I know you didn`t -- you don`t feel this way, but a lot of people have said when they first met her they got a creepy vibe, but you know, she was all about Wicca and witchcraft on her Web site, but that`s all a whole another can of worms. I`m going to steer us back on to the road about this man I thought happily married that meets Jodi Arias and he walks away and says, I`m leaving my wife for her, after being with her for, like, two hours. What happened?

SIMKO: Yes, he had spent some personal time with her. And --

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa, what`s personal time? What`s that? Is it --

SIMKO: You know I don`t --

GRACE: Personal time in the Holiday Inn or is it personal time having a latte in the food court? What do you mean by personal time?

SIMKO: It was -- I don`t want to say too much about the story for this man`s sake because I believe he`s still married, but it was in a car for a few hours, so --

GRACE: What is a married man doing in a car with a single woman for a couple of hours? Unless they`re out doing a surveillance with police.

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: All right. Right there I have a problem. But so after two hours with her, what does this guy say?

SIMKO: Well, he texts, you know, other friend in the business, Chris Hughes aside, and right out, you know, goes into a private room with him and he says, Chris, when I get home from this trip, I`m going to divorce my wife. I want to be with Jodi.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Welcome back. We are taking your calls. And now a look inside, behind the facade Jodi Arias has painted, not only do we learn that she was busted trying to escape, trying to pack and leave just before cops arrest her on murder one, her grandparents` home under secret surveillance by police, and catch her loading boxes full of books, knives, even later a gun, a newly purchased .9 millimeter.

I want to go to Dr. William Morrone, medical examiner, joining me out of Madison Heights.

What do the injuries say to you, Doctor Morrone?

DR. WILLIAM R. MORRONE, MEDICAL EXAMINER; FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST, TOXICOLOGIST (via telephone): I can`t see anything other than this is a very dark alpha dominant, evil woman. This is not smoking hot.

Four major points, tremendous amount of medium velocity blood splatter at the scene. Number two, chest wounds making all this splatter in the beginning, the first wound. Number three, the neck wound, ear to ear, cutting the windpipe, can only be done after he`s weakened or unconscious because he could fight back, and the absolute frosting on the cake, a gunshot wound to the head. It did not bleed and the shell casing found on top of concealed blood, that confirms the order of the fatal event.

GRACE: But now we learn yet another Mormon gentleman after being with Arias alone for just two hours decides to leave his wife. And, I might add, children.

Let me go back to a friend of Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias. Also joining us co-author of "Mormonism for Dummies," Christopher Bigelow. Also taking your calls.

Jamie Simko, you`ve just established that you believe Jodi Arias is, quote, "smoking hot," but what I`m more --

SIMKO: Was.

GRACE: More interested in is the relationship as it evolved with Travis Alexander and also this guy. Why did yet another man marry and, you know - - Jamie Simko, are you married, may I ask?

SIMKO: No, I`m happily single.

And what I`m extremely interested in is whatever, let me just say, magic that she seems to work over men that within just knowing her for two hours, sitting in a car, for Pete`s sake, unless they were sitting in the backseat, he wants to leave his wife and children.

You know, after, you know, you`re married, you have arguments, you disagree, blah, blah, blah, none of it amounts to a hill of beans. But I can see you getting fed up with your spouse just over daily living. Don`t even have to really do anything wrong but ready to leave and walk out on your children to be with Arias? What was he thinking?

SIMKO: You know, and that`s the thing. I can speak from experience of being in her presence. When I was around her and, I mean, I was smitten. I mean I liked her personally. I was like, OK, she`s really hot, she`s nice, and we just really connected conversationally. And one of the things that this gentleman said was --

GRACE: In other words she asked you a lot of questions about you.

SIMKO: About -- sort of, I guess. I don`t know. We just -- we just hit it off, I don`t know. But what I wanted to say about this guy was that, you know, one of the things you referenced is that, you know, she laughs at my jokes, she gets me, this is what I`m missing. And what our friend Chris had said to him when he took him aside was, like, listen, dude, this is a marriage, you know. Tell me if you get with Jodi a few years down the road that you`re not going to be feeling the same exact way as you feel with your wife right now?

GRACE: Yes, you know, I think it`s like cars, you just trade them in and after three years you`re ready for a new one. I mean, you feel that way some days, but then why would you risk everything, everything?

You know, Caryn Stark, please tell me there`s more to men than that. This is of course not about murder. But all you have to do is laugh at their jokes and look good? That`s it?

CARYN STARK, PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, it depends on the man, Nancy, but it`s very, very powerful aphrodisiac when somebody comes across. Don`t forget. This is somebody who`s a sociopath, right? She can do anything as a chameleon to manipulate the situation. She`s capable of even saying, you know, if I did it, kind of like if O.J. had written that book. Clearly psychopathic.

GRACE: Yes. But there`s something about her that is mesmerizing to men. And the reason I`m interested is because I wonder how it`s going to affect this jury, 11 men, seven women.

Beth Karas joining us on the case from the get-go.

Beth, another fact that`s happening is that Mormonism is coming into the trial. It`s beginning to be a star of the trial itself. The fact that he was with Jodi but he was looking for the perfect Mormon wife. How is Mormonism, which is a mystery to a lot of us -- that`s why I`m about to go to Christopher Bigelow, but Beth, why is Mormonism becoming such a key factor in the trial?

KARAS: Well, the defense started grilling the very first witness called by the state, Mimi Hall, Marie Hall. She was the one who was supposed to go to Cancun with Travis Alexander. They were scheduled to leave the day after the body was found, June 10th, 2008.

They were questioning her about it because I believe they`re going to try to show that Travis Alexander was conflicted, and that maybe he was into -- yes, he was self-hating and that he couldn`t resist the temptation of being with Jodi and he took it out on her by being abusive to her. So it`s important to understand the tenets of Mormonism and how you`re not supposed to engage in premarital sex and he really was on the road to redemption at the time he was killed, I`m told.

GRACE: With me, Christopher Bigelow, co-author of "Mormonism for Dummies."

Mr. Bigelow, thank you so much for being with us. Now why would Travis Alexander have been so torn up that he was having sex with Arias while dating other women? All of them, I might add, were in the Mormon Church with him.

CHRISTOPHER BIGELOW, CO-AUTHOR, "MORMONISM FOR DUMMIES": Yes, that`s a real mess. And I`m sure he was under tremendous pressure living a probably double or triple life with it. And if he wanted to get himself right with Mormonism, he would have had to confess and begin the repentance process. Premarital sexual activity would need to be confessed to his local bishop if he wanted to get himself right with Mormonism again.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Welcome back. The trail hot and heavy on Jodi Arias for the stabbing and slashing death of her lover, Travis Alexander. Mormonism playing a major role in the trial, and with me an expert on it, co-author of "Mormonism for Dummies," Christopher Bigelow.

Christopher Bigelow, there has been some talk that Travis Alexander convinced Jodi Arias that oral and anal sex is not a sin in Mormonism, but vaginal sex before marriage is a sin. Is that true?

BIGELOW: That sounds like a real rationalization to me. I think most Mormons would count all of those as serious enough sins you need to clear it with a bishop.

GRACE: She was baptized in the Mormon faith, so wouldn`t she know the truth of the Mormon beliefs?

BIGELOW: You would think she would. Some people internalize it better than others. You have to wonder what her thoughts were about all of this irrational behavior.

GRACE: Where do Mormons believe are going to -- is going to happen to them in the after life? Where do they think they go?

BIGELOW: Mormonism has a really interesting concept of heaven. We believe it`s actually split into at least three different levels, so everyone doesn`t just go to heaven or hell, but it`s almost more of a graded system. The highest kingdom, we call it, of heaven is for those who are baptized Mormon and live the gospel and live a good life.

Then the middle kingdom is for those that are a little iffy, and then the lowest kingdom is for those who sin and don`t repent of that. And that`s the whole point of the Mormon Church, is helping people identify their sins and repent their sins.

GRACE: Right. So they don`t believe that heaven equals having your own planet?

BIGELOW: Well, you`re getting into some pretty deep doctrine there, and there are those who teach that our goal in life is to become more like Heavenly Father. As his children, we want to become like our parent. And if God --

GRACE: Do you have your own planet, I guess is my question?

BIGELOW: Well, you know, I`m going to go ahead and say that that`s within the possibility, realm of possibility. It`s not -- not something we love to hear stated because it sounds wacky.

GRACE: Yes, a little.

BIGELOW: But you know, to become --

(LAUGHTER)

If you become like God --

GRACE: You get your own planet.

BIGELOW: He gives you more and more responsibility, and maybe that includes a planet.

Out to Bonnie Drucker on our team.

Bonnie, what can you tell me about artwork of Jodi Arias` popping up on eBay?

BONNIE DRUKER, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Oh, Nancy, this one takes the cake. Her artwork that is on cardboard in colored pencils is popping up on eBay. People are actually buying some of it. She has a couple of different collections, Nancy. One of them is a `50s collection with Lucille Ball and Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra. And, you know, that`s what she`s selling. We understand that the money is so she could use -- so she could use the money to get better food in jail and to help --

GRACE: Hold on, just a moment. Hold on.

Andy Kahan, victim advocate, city of Houston, coined the term murderabilia.

Andy, people are going to pay a thousand bucks for her sketches on cardboard so she can get better food behind bars?

ANDY KAHAN, DIR. OF HOUSTON MAYOR`S CRIME VICTIMS` OFFICE, MONITORING MURDERABILIA SALES (via telephone): Well, I don`t know what she`s going to do, what are you going to buy, better junk food? It`s not like outside vendors are going to be parked outside waiting for her to pick up healthier foods. But I`d tell you the looming legal issue right now, the reality is that she hasn`t been convicted of anything, so anybody can sell her artwork, her paintings, her drawings or whatever they want to do.

But people who collect macabre artwork from high-profile killers are looking at her artwork right now as an investment. They`re banking on her being convicted and the theory being that she won`t be allowed to produce any so-called artwork. Arias basically, when you look at it, the old adage pops up. When you go to jail, you turn into Rembrandt and you get -- get reborn, and that`s what Jodi Arias is doing right now.

snipped from:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Empty Inmate says accused murderer Jodi Arias has ‘the biggest heart in the world’

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Umm and err...bet TMLS, once inmates got past her murdering her daughter, would have said the same thing. Great person, great big ole heart..great listener, bla bla bla. my 2 cents I do not think so Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial

When the defense begins presenting its case January 29, one of the witnesses will likely be a pathologist who disagrees with Dr Horn's opinion of how Travis died - did the bullet to the head kill him, or was it the stab wounds?

So what is the significance of the sequencing of Travis' injuries?

There are two reasons why this is important to Arias' defense.

1. A defense attorney's job is to create as much doubt about the prosecution's case as possible. If the defense can show the prosecution is unsure about its theory of Travis' death, it may erode the jury's confidence in the prosecution's case.

2. The sequencing also matters because this is a death penalty case. If the prosecution can get a guilty verdict and prove that Arias was cruel and caused Travis to suffer, she may be sentenced to death. However, if the defense can show that Travis was shot in the head first, attorneys can argue that all of Travis' other wounds happened after he died, and so he didn't suffer - and that could save Arias from the death penalty. WTF

WHAT a crock!! The man is dead, she has admitted she did it..who cares if it was from a gun or the 29 stab wounds and infamous "slitting of his throat from ear to ear". GMAB!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Empty Must see video - Fox News goes to JA's jailcell. Unreal!!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Empty Travis Alexander's blog on MySpace

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Re: "feisty" -- i was just quoting that witness who she got all sexual with ... :))))

• Nancy Grace heads to Arizona for Jodi Arias' murder trial

-- So Nancy is heading to Arizona for Jodi's trial .. Oh no! ... lol ... Bon Voyage! ... Nancy, You ARE my HERO! :)

• Next week, Arias' defense will present their case to the jury

-- Among other things, defense will supposedly introduce lots of "dirty" tapes (recorded phone conversations etc) between Travis and Jody
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm

-- So Nancy is heading to Arizona for Jodi's trial .. Oh no! ... lol ... Bon Voyage! ... Nancy, You ARE my HERO! :)
la la la ruled
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 pm

I don't know if I can stomach watching the defense attack the victim to make Jodi look better. They've already leaked some of the comments from these phone conversations on HLN shows.

I'm wondering how long the defense will drag their presentation out.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 am

**I don't think Travis' room mate had anything to do with his death... but I DO WONDER how it was that he stayed inside the house with the smell of death thick in the air.
** Those letters have already been denied as evidence and that's why Jodi's mom is trying to get them published.
** Jodi did state in those interview tapes with the detective that she had a fear of guns "That she was working on overcoming." (hence the purchase of a gun no doubt!) I'm just wondering why she felt the need to hide it so well, if her intention was to defend herself with it?
** Certainly hope those knives hidden in Jodi's books were tested for DNA. I have to ask "Why was she hiding them too?"
** Seriously why didn't the Prosecutor bring up the fact that LE felt she was fixing to take off? Scott Peterson's intent to flee found it's way into the trial.
** I agree Sam... smearing Travis is really getting old. And here I have to add... Jodi used sexuality and the art of seduction on men, that's her MO. Travis did what others before (and after) him did... He fell for it! I don't see that makes him a bad person, I see that makes him average. Also I think Jodi found power in having a man's desire to make love to her, mean more to them than their religious faith.
** Why did Jodi always rent cars? How was she getting to work and everywhere else she went without a car of her own?
** Really REALLY wish that 25cal. would turn up before the trials over.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm

I hope they tested those knives too, Nite! The jury certainly should have heard that she had knives, was preparing to flee, and was hiding those knives. She also had another gun in her car. Just hoping all this gets brought up in rebuttal.

I think Jodi did have a car of her own, a Ford Focus? I remember reading somewhere it had GPS, and people speculating that maybe she rented a car without GPS so no one could track where she had driven. I may have seen that on the Supporters of Travis fb site, I'll check.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:42 pm

The judge in the Jodi Arias trial has denied the defense's second motion for mistrial and also the defense's request to throw out the felony murder charge. Stephens wrote in her order that it is possible Arias may have intended to assault Alexander and accidentally killed him, thus justifying the felony murder charge.
Ultimately, Stephens’ ruling may make it easier for the jury to convict Arias of first-degree murder. The jury can reach a verdict of first-degree murder two different ways: They can either find that Arias planned to kill Alexander or that she only intended to hurt him and accidentally killed him.

samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:43 pm

This is really interesting, the official investigation report from Det. Flores. It has interviews with all the roommates, Marie Hall, and Jodi, and some details I hadn't heard before.

samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Flores' report was an interesting read Sam.
I didn't find anything about interviewing or checking out an alibi of John Hepworth, the room-mate that moved out because he and Travis didn't get along. By all accounts Travis was kind and understanding of everyone who knew him... sure wonder what was up with this guy and the issues he and Travis had with each other.

His friends certainly had a dim view of Jodi (stalker, possessive, clinging, jealous, fatal attraction)

Travis sure was dating around and it seems to me he was actively searching for a Mormon wife to share his future with. Despite the fact they had broken up and had an outwardly tumultuous relationship, all the while he and Jodi continued having sexual contact. Jodi's Defense Team got one thing right, She was "Travis' dirty little secret"
After that marathon sex, he probably wanted her to leave so he could shower and pack for his trip with another woman the next day. A trip I'm certain Jodi thought she should be going on with him, instead of Mimi.
I think Jodi was pissed off and flipped out by the fact Travis deemed her unworthy of marriage and wanted only sex from her. It probably added to the insult that he intended to use the money Jodi had given him as a car payment.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Very, very interesting read, Sam.

Re: the roommate(s), maybe Hepworth moved out due to Jodi? Maybe Hepworth was/is a devout Mormon and didn't approve of Travis' lifestyle? I think this w/come out in trial.

Was wondering the same thing about the roommates not smelling the odor of decomp. Could they have been gone during that time? Or, after Hepworth moved out there WERE no other roommates?

Yes, she did have a car..but as Sam said, she rented cars in various places in other CA cities to do her dirty work.

Nite, I completely agree w/your take on why Jodi killed Travis. And, YEP, she was his dirty little secret.

Re: Accidentally killing him. NO WAY this was an accident. Don't see how the defense can even attempt to spin that one.

Lot's of great info here:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 pm

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Agree10

So are we to believe that she accidentally carried a knife, a gun and a camera into the bathroom to frighten him?
Scare him into taking her to Cancun? Scare him into not having premarital sex with her anymore? Scare him into loving her, marrying her?
WHATEVER!!!!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Seriously, there is NO WAY the defense can try to pull this off as an "accident". She's already confessed. The writing/BLOOD is On The Wall..literally and figuratively w/her palm print.

One thing that bothers me: Travis told many people/friends he was afraid of her. Yet, he wasn't too afraid to have sex. Not only sex but several photo shoots. Some have asked if he was aware she was taking photos. Of Course he was..he also took photo's of her. Barf

Am NOT in Any way defending this cold blooded murdering, lying slut (CBMLS) but unless she drugged him he was repeatedly not only allowing her in her home AFTER he broke it off but having sex w/her. I think due to his "Mormonism" he was a very confused person but truly could not resist the sex w/her. Had he been adamant about Refusing to see her, he would probably be alive today. He might have had a lot of threats and slashed tires but IMHO, we would not have this thread..and herein lies the problem. The defense will say that if he was that afraid of her, WHY did he continue seeing her? This MAY sway some of the jury members. my 2 cents
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Wrapitup wrote: I think due to his "Mormonism" he was a very confused person but truly could not resist the sex w/her. Had he been adamant about Refusing to see her, he would probably be alive today. The defense will say that if he was that afraid of her, WHY did he continue seeing her? This MAY sway some of the jury members. my 2 cents
The answer is simple, he is of the male species. How many males resist sex?
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Empty Nancy Grace cares too damned much what "Tot Mom" and this murderer eats. GMAB!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Empty Defense Potential Witness List

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Very, very interesting read, Sam.

Re: the roommate(s), maybe Hepworth moved out due to Jodi? Maybe Hepworth was/is a devout Mormon and didn't approve of Travis' lifestyle? I think this w/come out in trial.

Was wondering the same thing about the roommates not smelling the odor of decomp. Could they have been gone during that time? Or, after Hepworth moved out there WERE no other roommates?

Yes, she did have a car..but as Sam said, she rented cars in various places in other CA cities to do her dirty work.

Nite, I completely agree w/your take on why Jodi killed Travis. And, YEP, she was his dirty little secret.

Re: Accidentally killing him. NO WAY this was an accident. Don't see how the defense can even attempt to spin that one.

Lot's of great info here:

This is the site I've been reading at, Wrap. That's where I got the investigative report link from. I agree it was no "accident" but if that ruling enables the jury to find her guilty of felony murder rather than letting her walk free, I'm all for it. I think this judge wants to make sure this is no CA case. (And thanks for calling Jodi the CBLMS, I've now figured out what your "TMLS" means. LOL)
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 pm

David Lohr

Inside The Mind Of Accused Murderer Jodi Arias

Posted: 01/24/2013 1:05 pm EST | Updated: 01/24/2013 2:00 pm EST

In a few short weeks, Jodi Arias has become the most talked-about criminal defendant since Casey Anthony.

The 32-year-old photographer is fighting for her life in an Arizona courtroom, where she faces charges of stabbing her ex-boyfriend, shooting him in the face, and slitting his throat four years ago.

Since the investigation began, she's changed her alibi -- and her lawyers -- several times. In early January, the prosecution began presenting damning evidence, including photos that they contend tie Arias to the grisly murder scene and recorded interviews in which she says one puzzling thing after the next.

The ultimate challenge for those who are watching the trial -- and for the jurors who will decide the case -- is how to make sense of the contradictions in her statements and of Arias herself.

"People aren't really talking about her demeanor and how it fits a particular personality profile," Dr. Scott Bonn, a crime expert and assistant professor of sociology at Drew University told The Huffington Post.

"She is really a walking embodiment of sociopathy in many ways," Bonn continued. "The ironic thing about that, I believe, is that is part of the intrigue. There's a disconnect: How can this pretty young woman be responsible for this reprehensible, incomprehensible act?"

Arias is accused of butchering Travis Alexander, her ex-boyfriend, on June 4, 2008 while he was in the shower of his Mesa, Ariz., apartment. He was found dead days later on June 9. When questioned by police, Alexander's friends and family members indicated that Arias should be questioned.

Bonn has not interviewed Arias and can only speculate on the reasons for her behavior based on her actions, media appearances and police interviews -- of which there is no shortage.

Arias, according to testimony in court, was jealous of Alexander seeing other women and allegedly slashed the tires on his vehicle twice. After those incidents, his new girlfriend received a harassing email from a "John Doe." Alexander suspected that Arias was responsible, and told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account.

Based on his observations of the police interviews and evidence presented at trial, Bonn said it is his opinion that Arias was "completely obsessed" with Alexander.

"In her own twisted way, she was infatuated and in love with him," he said.

"[Arias] was totally obsessed with him," Alexander’s close friend Sky Hughes told The Huffington Post. "She wouldn't let him go. Whenever he would try to sever all ties, she would threaten to kill herself ... He would tell her he didn't want anything to do with her, and she would show up at his house. We knew it was her. We didn't want it to be her, but [we] just knew it was."

Like Bonn, Sheila Wendler, a forensic psychiatrist with the Hawaii Department of Public Safety, Corrections Division, has not personally examined Arias but can speak in general terms regarding similar cases.

Wendler said it is not uncommon in cases such as this for the perpetrator to have characteristics of borderline personality disorder.

"[This would include] unstable interpersonal relationships and intense fear of abandonment or rejection by their partner," Wendler said. "They may react in extreme ways to avoid abandonment, including becoming suicidal, self-mutilate or react with intense anger, which they may have difficulty to control. These women can become cruelly punitive toward whom they perceive as rejecting them."

Wendler added, "Their mood is usually unstable and may vary from happiness to anger to euphoria or to despair all in the same day."

When police initially questioned Arias, she said she last saw Alexander in April 2008.

"I would never want to hurt him ... if I was going to ever try to kill somebody, I would use gloves. I have plenty of them ... I did not take his life," Arias told a police detective in a July 15, 2008, taped interview that was played at her murder trial.

When police later discovered hair and a bloody print found inside Alexander's home that belonged to Arias, she changed her story and admitted she had been present when Alexander was killed but said she was not responsible. She said two unidentified intruders had murdered him and she managed to escape.

"I'm not the brightest person, but I don't think I could stab him, I'd have to shoot him ... The least I could do is make it as humane as possible," Arias told police.

The stories she told police are contradicting and inconsistent, and yet she told each one with "unabashed, cold and calculating clarity," Bonn said.

In Sept. 2008, Arias gave a jailhouse interview to the Arizona Republic. She again denied killing Alexander.

"God knows I'm innocent. I know I'm innocent," said Arias. "I had nothing to do with his murder. I would never hurt him. He was my friend."

That same month Arias was again on TV, telling the TV show "Inside Edition" the story she had told police about the two intruders.

"No jury is going to convict me ... because I'm innocent, and you can mark my words on that one: No jury will convict me," Arias told "Inside Edition."

In August 2011, HuffPost obtained court documents that indicated that Arias had changed her story yet again -- this time claiming self-defense. In the most recent version, Arias, according to the documents, claimed she was a victim of "sexual and physical abuse" by Alexander and killed him in self-defense.

"This self-defense position that she is taking is the third in a series of realities that she's created, none of which is consistent with the other," Bonn said. "It's consistent with a sociopath personality. She's so narcissistic and enamored with herself that she thinks she can make it believable."

In addition to borderline personality disorder, women like Arias often meet the criteria for both sociopathy or psychopathy, according to Wendler.

"The characteristics of psychopathy include disregard and violation of other people's feelings, wishes and rights," Wendler told HuffPost. "These individuals use deceitfulness and manipulation to obtain what they want (pleasure, profit, etc.). They are often called pathological liars. They are self-centered and show reckless disregard for the safety of others; they lack empathy towards their victims and have little or no remorse about their criminal actions."

Arias' trial began on Jan. 2 of this year, and prosecutors rested their case on Jan. 17. Arias' lawyers will begin to present their case on Jan. 29. According to Bonn, she will likely need to take the stand if she wants to convince the jury that she killed Alexander in self-defense.

"The only way it's going to have any veracity with the jury is if she takes the witness stand. I think she has to -- absolutely has to -- in order for it to play for the jury. And if she comes off as the battered woman, then maybe she has a shot," Bonn said.

The alleged premeditation in the case, however, will be hard to disprove. Prosecutors have painted a picture for the jury in which Arias stole a handgun, rented a car at considerable distance from her home and drove to Alexander's apartment with the intent to kill him and afterward crafted an elaborate alibi.

Bonn acknowledged the apparently premeditative aspects of the crime, but said that in his opinion, things could have gone one way or another, assuming Arias killed Alexander in 2008.

"I think she went there prepared to kill and what probably happened -- and would be consistent with a sociopathic emotional outburst -- is he might have shoved it in her face about going with another women or something along those lines that triggered her jealously and she snapped. I think that's a very likely scenario," Bonn said.

And Bonn suggested the self-defense theory might not be too far-fetched -- at least to Arias' way of thinking.

"In her mind, she felt like the jilted woman," he said. "It's narcissism, [to] always see things from her perspective, her needs and her desires. In her mind, this really may be self-defense because she believes she was wronged -- 'How dare he be with another woman when he is hers?' Sociopaths create a reality that fits the event."

Bonn added, "The rage and retribution demonstrated by the brutal slaying of Travis is very consistent with the emotional volatility of a sociopath. In her narcissistic mind, Travis deserved to die for betraying her."

Wendler agreed with Bonn, saying individuals like Arias will blame the victim for "deserving their fate."

"These individuals may have a grandiose view of themselves and be arrogant," she said.

Arias' trial is expected to last until mid-April. If convicted, she could face the death penalty.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Bonn added, "The rage and retribution demonstrated by the brutal slaying of Travis is very consistent with the emotional volatility of a sociopath. In her narcissistic mind, Travis deserved to die for betraying her."

YEP! That's what we've been thinking all along!
WACK-A-DOO
!12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Crazy10
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 am

Still wondering in her warped mind if she read that "blood endowment" thing and thought she was "saving his soul" from the pitfires of hell. Electric Chair affraid thinking eyerolling
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:19 am

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 6 Articl10
We've been told that Travis had this shirt printed for Jodi... I want to see some proof of that. Show me the receipt, show me the shop where it was printed. Did Travis want everyone to know that she belonged to him? Or did Jodi want everyone to believe that he owned her?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next