Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~

+16
Heike
laga
janie
Marica
misshesitation
artgal16
TerryRose
mommyof3kids
charminglane
lisette
cherylz
Juanita
CritterFan1
Nama
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
20 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~

Post by Wrapitup Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Virginia Tech Student Missing After Concert

Posted: 11:55 am EDT October 20, 2009Updated: 2:28 pm EDT October 20, 2009
Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Morgan
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Police are looking for a Virginia Tech student who got separated from her friends at a Metallica concert Saturday and hasn't been seen since.

Police are looking for 20-year-old Morgan Dana Harrington, who was last seen near the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville. Her parents say they talk to her every day and her disappearance is very out of character.

Gil Harrington, the missing girl's mother, said at a news conference Monday that she and her husband need to know where their daughter is and get her home safe as soon as possible.

"Being absent and unheard from for this amount of time is really unusual, unheard of from her," said Gil Harrington.

Police say Harrington was wearing a black T-shirt with "Pantera" across the front in tan letters, a black mini skirt, black tights and black knee-high boots.

She has long blonde hair, blue eyes, is 5-foot-6 and weighs about 120 pounds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Re: Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Please click on this link to see the pics of Morgan and the article. This is very sad!!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Re: Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Morgan Dana Harrington Press Conference
October 21, 2009

The Virginia State Police held a news conference this afternoon to update the public on the case of Morgan Dana Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who has not been seen since Oct. 17.

"Today, we have concluded what we believe is an appropriate amount of time spent on a localized ground search," Lt. Joe Rader said. "A localized ground search has been [conducted] around the University of Virginia, in the area of John Paul Jones arena, as well as the athletic fields."

rest of article here:

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Morgan Harrington is Missing

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:29 pm

I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I thought I would start a discussion here. NG has been talking about this young woman who attended a concert and has not been seen since. Her father, a doctor, and her mother have appeard and asked for her safe return.
It seems she had been looking forward to this concert and went with long time friends. For some reason, just as the concert was to begin, she left her seat and went to the washroom. Then it seems she went outside the stadium and could not get back in because she did not have her ticket.
I find it strange that a ticket you have stared at for 6 months on the refrigerator would not be in her purse which she took to the bathroom with her.
I also find it strange that when she called her friends from outside the stadium one of them did not hurry out to her. It is also puzzling that her friends thought nothing of her disappearance. Her father called the next afternoon when they had not heard from her.
She was a beautiful young woman. I hope they find her alive.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm copying Jeanne's comment to an existing thread:
Virginia Tech Student Missing After Concert. Morgan Dana Harrington

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:52 pm

by jeanne1807 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:29 pm

I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I thought I would start a discussion here. NG has been talking about this young woman who attended a concert and has not been seen since. Her father, a doctor, and her mother have appeard and asked for her safe return.
It seems she had been looking forward to this concert and went with long time friends. For some reason, just as the concert was to begin, she left her seat and went to the washroom. Then it seems she went outside the stadium and could not get back in because she did not have her ticket.
I find it strange that a ticket you have stared at for 6 months on the refrigerator would not be in her purse which she took to the bathroom with her.
I also find it strange that when she called her friends from outside the stadium one of them did not hurry out to her. It is also puzzling that her friends thought nothing of her disappearance. Her father called the next afternoon when they had not heard from her.
She was a beautiful young woman. I hope they find her alive.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Possible Witness Comes Forward

Post by Nama Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:54 pm

We have new details on the search for Morgan Harrington. A grandmother from the Richmond area says she was in the parking lot of John Paul Jones Arena the night Morgan disappeared. What she saw could be a clue to unraveling the mystery of what happened.

This story is chilling. This grandmother says she saw a young woman and a young man physically struggling with one another, and the young woman looked a lot like Morgan. The grandmother wants to remain anonymous for her own safety.

She called police Monday night after she saw Harrington’s picture on the news. She says the fight unfolded behind her car parked outside the John Paul Jones Arena the night Metallica took the stage. At about 9:30, the same time police say Morgan Harrington had still been on the arena grounds, the woman pulled into a parking space to pick up her son and grandson from the show. That's when she says a loud noise startled her.

"I heard them being very loud and it sounded like maybe like she got smacked or something. The two people were in like a hand lock she had her hands on his arm and he had his hands on her arm pushing back and forth."

The woman says the girl started walking back toward the arena and the young man headed for the road, but ran back to the girl. She says the girl looked just like Morgan and it appeared the couple knew each other. The woman only had a vague description of the young man she saw.

Crimestoppers has announced a $100,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Morgan Harrington, that reward should be official by Monday. If you have any information about this case, call the tip line at 434-352-3467 .

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:57 pm

thanks for the update. this poor girl. sounds really bad for her.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:34 pm

BJ thanks for posting the link so I could merge the threads.
She is beautiful, loved and comes from a wealthy family. I was kind of hoping to hear that a ransom was being sought meaning she was alive and okay. "Missing" is just the worst thing that can happen to the family left behind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:39 pm

This pisses me off. It is quite evident what this grandmother witnessed was DV rearing its ugly head. WHY didn't this woman call 911?

People need to start getting involved more. Maybe if she had called LE, this girl would still be alive. If I were her, witnessed this, did nothing and then saw her on TV, I would be devastated!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:44 pm

This case has caught my attention. They are all so calm. I guess I am used to Cindy and George and the way they behaved.
Her mother is almost like a Stepford wife..no tears.
I don't know..something is missing or wrong.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Just watched the video and now I am more confused. The mother is in full makeup and would like her back for her test????? Imagine that. Could she please come home for her test??? They gave email and telephone numbers and I would never remember them if I had info. They have to come up with an easy way to contact the police. Darn..maybe that would be a start. If I had info I would call 911..thats me.

I don't know. Its almost like they are all embrassed to be put into this position????
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 pm

I feel the same way Jeanne. Something doesn't fit. They keep insisting that their daughter didn't date, didn't have a boyfriend, didn't drink or do drugs......she must have been perfect. I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything from the friends that she was with that night. LE is not willing to say what her condition was as far as if she had been drinking or doing drugs. Something is amiss here. confused
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:23 pm

"We're pretty distraught w/her absence?" WTH?? Yes Morgan, we are pretty distraught. Please get home in time for that math test. That would be optimum.

These parents are like robots, especially the Joan Crawford look alike mom.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:49 pm

I just went on Facebook to "look around". There is a discussion going on there. Pretty interesting. It seems she had a "44 year old friend" and she was one of his top 40..thats on My Space.
Then there is talk of her driving there or maybe being driven..that seems up for discussion. If she had her purse and her car....????
There is also talk about her meeting the "boys in the band". That would be the opening act before Metallica. That would kind of fit because she left the concert before Metallica started and after the opening act finished. Hummm. I found it kind of strange that she waited six months to see Metallica and then left before they performed???
I thought before that she got a call on her cell phone from an old boyfriend and went to meet him. Something just isn't right here.

There is talk and questions that Morgan had been "feeling her oats" and that would be embrassing for mom and dad?

Of course all of the above is pure specualtion. If you google Morgan Dana Harrington you too can read up.

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Police Focus On Motel In Search For Missing VT Student

Post by Nama Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Police Focus On Motel In Search For Missing VT Student

Police shut down access to the Comfort Inn motel at I-64 and Route 250 in Charlottesville Saturday morning and confirmed they were looking for Morgan Harrington.

Acting on a tip, police shut down access to the Comfort Inn motel at I-64 and Route 250 in Charlottesville Saturday morning and confirmed they were looking for Morgan Harrington.

Harrington is the Virginia Tech student who disappeared last Saturday while attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia.

As of about 10 a.m. Saturday, October 24th, the access road to the motel on a hilltop was blocked off by police with UVA, State and Albemarle County authorities all on scene.

Police sources said they were concerned with a parking lot in front of the motel, right off 250, but not the building itself.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Morning Search Finds no Clues in Harrington Case

Post by Nama Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Well, darn. The search revealed nothing.

Morning Search Finds no Clues in Harrington Case

Police spent much of the morning checking out a tip in the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington at a Pantops hotel, but nothing significant was found. State Police spokesperson Corrine Geller tells NBC29’s Henry Graff that they received a phone tip that led them to the Comfort Inn at the intersection of US 250 and I-64 in Albemarle County. Geller tells us the search in that area was routine procedure after getting such a tip, but that no signifcant clues were found in the case.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:17 pm

IMO, I don't think Morgan was not so innocent as her parents seem to believe. It is evident they have money and they think that makes them better than most. Morgan probably left a strict home and went all out partying. I just hope it did not cost her her life.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:55 pm

I don't know about this one. I have been looking around a bit and nothing much is coming up on her.

A couple of things I can't get out of my mind.

If she drove to the concert but her friends drove her car home...how did they get the keys. I always have my keys with me. Did she know she was leaving and gave them the keys when she went to the bathroom???

Women usually go to the bathroom with each other...wonder why she went alone?

She had her purse and cell phone...why wasn't her ticket in her purse or pocket so she could get back in?
Why did she go outside? The bathrooms are inside.

If she had her purse and cell phone but not her ticket why didn't she call her friend that had her ticket and have her come to the back so she could get back in?

Why did she leave after the opening act Lamb of God and before the one she came to see Metallica played? Would she miss something she waited for 6 months?

It is all puzzling. Everything is being kept so hushed.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:45 am

Jeanne1708 said: If she drove to the concert but her friends drove her car home...how did they get the keys. I always have my keys with me. Did she know she was leaving and gave them the keys when she went to the bathroom??

If she had her purse and cell phone but not her ticket why didn't she call her friend that had her ticket and have her come to the back so she could get back in?

She didn't drive her car to the concert. She rode with friends.

She left the concert arena, for some reason, and if you go past a certain point you are not allowed re-entry to the concert arena, even with a ticket.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:13 pm

They did take her car to the arena. They even drove quite a way to pick up other friends. Thats the mystery. It was her car but her friends had the keys.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:55 pm

I hope the above will lead you to Geraldos interview with Morgans parents. A far cry from the Anthonys. It does take a few seconds to load to please be patient.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:27 am

she coudl have given her friends the keys at any time, "here hold these for me, i dont have a purse", maybe her friend wanted or needed to drive cause of directions or traffic etc, i dont think there is much more to speculate on
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 am

I never carry a purse when i can get away with it...I agree, she might have asked someone to hold her keys safely for her.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Yes but she did have a purse and a cell phone. They were found in the parking lot. The cell phone had the battery removed.
That is why I was wondering why she didn't have her ticket and keys with her. When friends drive my car I give them the keys when we get in the car. Otherwise I have my keys with me. At the theatre I am careful to put my ticket in a place I can easily access it in case there are any questions.
I have found out that once you leave that stadium there is no getting back in. That is their policy. So with or without the ticket no admittance.
Her parents were on Geraldo and they think she was taken.
It was soooo different Geraldo interviewing these two parents compared to Satsuma and Ronald and Teresa. At the end of the interview Geraldo was so choked up he had to turn it over to somebody else. He is pretty tough but this got to him.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:00 pm

wonder if maybe she had a few beers before the concert because of the excitement, she had been planning this for 6 months....maybe she got a friend to drive as her designated driver...I would imagine her friends would tell the reason why they had her keys...wouldn't you think??
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Morgan didn't drive her car to the concert. She rode with friends.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Police say Harrington did not drive to the concert

Post by Nama Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Police say Harrington did not drive to the concert and assured her friends she would find a way home. Her friends say they did not plan to meet up after the concert.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:15 pm

I am reading many reports that is was her car because it was a large car.

It doesn't make sense though that she had a car and they had the keys.
I guess we shall see.
I spent quite a bit of time looking for articles saying it was her car they drove. I hope it comes up for you.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 pm

WOW, $100,000 reward. The parents have money, no doubt.

Jeanne, thanks for all your research!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:17 pm

BJ all this car business has become confusing. I keep reading conflicting reports. This new one seems to agree with you. In her fathers words she and her friends drove to Harrisburg. It seems like she left her car there and her friend drove to the concert. I am leaving the link to what her father is saying. Poor parents they are trying to be so brave.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:19 pm

A lot of chat on the blogs about the RV parking area on the grounds. Seems without any information from LE all everybody can do is speculate.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:32 pm

I wish that woman who heard the couple fighting outside had dialed 911.

Could she have left the concert to drink or do drugs thinking she would get back in? They don't let her back in..she and some guy have a scuffle..that woman overhears it..does NOTHING and this beautiful girl is dead.

I DO think they will find her. But, I do NOT think she is alive, unfortunately. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Time Line for Harrington on October 17

Post by Nama Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Lieutenant Joe Rader conducted the morning news event. Rader said Harrington was last seen October 17 in several well-populated areas of Charlottesville. She was there to watch the rock group, Metallica in concert. The VSP hopes someone will hear the time line and it will trigger their memory. Rader is asking the public to come forward with clues, no matter how minimal.

Below is the time line for Harrington on October 17:

8:20p.m. - 8:30p.m. Someone matching Morgan Harrington's description is seen outside, near the entrance and ticket booth of John Paul Jones arena.

8:30p.m. - 8:38 p.m. Harrington is outside the arena.

8:48p.m. A friend calls Harrington to check in and help her get back home. Harrington says she will try to get a ride.

8:48p.m. - 9:00p.m. Someone matching Harrington's description is still outside the arena. There is no indication that she was allowed to re-enter the arena.

9:00p.m. - 9:10p.m. Someone matching Harrington's description is seen walking with a black purse in the University Hall parking lot. She appears to be around other people but not with anyone in particular.

9:10p.m. - 9:20p.m. Harrington is believed to be spotted in the Lannigan field parking area. Police believe she had limited interactions with people.

9:20p.m. People who encountered Morgan left the event but there is no indication that she left with them.

9:20p.m. - 9:30p.m. Last seen at the Copely Street Bridge near Ivy Road.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Thank you BJ for posting this. I knew they were going to have a press conference but was away and missed it. I am hopeing NG plays it tonight.

Well all I can say is "too little, too late". If this is all they "got" why in the heck has it been so hush, hush. Speculation in this case has run rampent. There has to be more..a lot more.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:05 pm

I think it boils down to this.....the parents want to keep the reputation of their daughter squeaky clean. Morgan is probably a normal teenage girl doing things that a "normal" teenage does that her parents don't approve of. I'm not saying she was doing anything "bad".....just that parents sometimes don't want their kids to be "normal"......they would prefer "perfect". Just sayin'........
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Did you happen to see the interview they did with NG last evening? The parents have already decided she won't be dining with them these holidays?? They have thrown in the towel. After only 9 days.
I can't believe the friends allowed her to be outside the arena all alone. Not one of them got off their rumps to go and offer help to her. I think that is why she said she would try to find a ride back to her car.

I have been following the story on another blog and nobody has a clue about her. No pictures coming through and no speculation about where she could be.

I find it very strange indeed that none of those gals were taking pictures and emailing them to their friends that did not attend the concert. Surely they would have shown up on the Facebook page they have for Morgan or somewhere. But nothing.
Very strange indeed.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Levick Strategic Communications

Post by Nama Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:20 am

Is it just me or is this weird?

Harrington and his wife, Gil, have been working to boost the media profile of their daughter’s case, appearing on shows including “Nancy Grace” and NBC’s “Today.”
Now they’ve hired Washington, D.C.-based Levick Strategic Communications to help them spread their message.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Levick Strategic Communications is a public relations firm owned by Richard S. Levick. It has handled the media on high-profile matters, including Napster, the Florida election recount, the Catholic Church during its sex-abuse scandals, the tobacco industry, prisoner detentions at Guantanamo, and the Rosie O’Donnell/Rosie magazine lawsuit.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

GLOBAL LEADERSHIP IN HIGH-STAKES COMMUNICATIONS
Levick Strategic Communications builds brand equity and protects reputations during the highest-stakes global communications challenges of the digital age.

We are in the business of changing minds. Find out how

Crisis Communications
Financial Communications
Investor Relations
Litigation Communications
Public Affairs and Issues Management
Reputation Management
Social and Digital Media

Case Studies

We do not remember the days, we remember the moments.
-Cesare Pavese

Anyone who has ever faced the spotlight of a critical media knows what the phrase, “Moment of Truth,” is all about. What you do next will determine how your key audiences think about you for years to come.

Major change is in the offing. The future depends on how you respond to crisis or seize opportunity.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty statement from Daniel and Gil Harrington:

Post by Nama Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:23 am

The following is a statement from Daniel and Gil Harrington:
We sincerely thank the Virginia State Police Department, University of Virginia Police Department, members of Metallica, and the many people who have shown their support in this difficult time. We are doing everything in our power to bring Morgan home. We appreciate your prayers and ask that you continue to share any information you can with law enforcement so that we can find our daughter.
Please refer to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as a resource for updates on Morgan’s investigation. Information can also be found on the Virginia State Police Department’s website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] We encourage you to share your thoughts and questions with us directly at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. All media inquires may be directed to our new media hotline (202) 973-1330 for immediate assistance.
If you have any helpful information regarding our daughter’s whereabouts, please contact the Virginia State Police’s tip hotline at (434) 352-3467 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
We thank you again for your prayers and support.
SOURCE Daniel and Gil Harrington

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty can't get "the rest of the story"

Post by Nama Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:48 pm

This link and every link to this story is "broken". What gives?

Unexplained injury: Tips flood in, but still no Morgan
Morgan Dana Harrington disappeared during a Metallica concert October 17.
FACEBOOK PHOTOS
Morgan Harrington, the young woman who disappeared during the October 17 Metallica concert, received a facial injury before she left the John Paul Jones Arena, according to multiple sources.
According to the sources, Harrington was seen inside and outside the Arena with blood on her chin [...]

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty The rest of the story......

Post by Nama Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Unexplained injury: Tips flood in, but still no Morgan
by Courteney Stuart
published 11:16am Friday Oct 30, 2009 Write a letter to the editor
Morgan Dana Harrington disappeared during a Metallica concert October 17.
FACEBOOK PHOTOSMorgan Harrington, the young woman who disappeared during the October 17 Metallica concert, received a facial injury before she left the John Paul Jones Arena, according to multiple sources.

According to the sources, Harrington was seen inside and outside the Arena with blood on her chin prior to her disappearance, say witnesses who wish to remain anonymous. Thirteen days after her disappearance, a police spokesperson confirms the accounts but says investigators doubt the injury points to any altercation.

“It was a minor injury,” says Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller. She explains that police chose initially not to release the detail because the injury was “consistent with what someone would suffer from slipping and falling, not with any kind of assault.”

Contacted about the report of the chin injury Thursday, Harrington’s father, Dan Harrington said he had not been informed of it. That seems to confirm the notion that investigators hold information they’re not telling the family.

On Wednesday, October 28, police revealed that the last sighting of the 20-year-old Virginia Tech junior occurred between 9:20 and 9:30pm when she was walking on the Copeley Road bridge near Ivy Road. They say that the timeline of her movements outdoors helped generate “several new tips and leads.”

Harrington reportedly left her friends to find a bathroom, but between 8:20 and 8:30pm, she ended up outside, according to the timeline, where she was spotted in front and on the southern side facing U-Hall. Like most arenas, John Paul Jones policy prohibits re-entry, and police have confirmed that Harrington was turned away by security when attempting to get back inside.

Over the next 20 or so minutes, Harrington was seen at various locations outside the arena before a phone call with her friend, who suggested she try other entrances. Harrington reportedly assured her friend she’d find a ride home from “friends around Charlottesville.”

According to the Weather Underground, the temperature in Charlottesville was just 42 degrees with six-mile-per-hour winds at the time Harrington was outside. Although no precipitation was recorded, event attendees and other Charlottesvillians recall a “misty” evening while Harrington was clad only in a t-shirt, mini-skirt, and tights.

Another discrepancy between what police and the family seem to know revolves around the vehicle that transported the young woman and three other concert-goers to Charlottesville. Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

Whether such details matter remains to be seen, but the case has sparked an avalanche of national attention since Harrington’s parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, began appearing on televised news programs including Today, The Early Show and Nancy Grace.

A Facebook group has swelled to more than 21,000 members, as armchair sleuths from around the world, amid well wishes for a safe return, weigh in with myriad theories about what happened.

The two friends with whom Harrington attended the concert— her Blacksburg roommate Amy Melvin and JMU student Sarah Snead— have not responded to the Hook’s repeated requests for interviews. A male who rode to the concert with the female trio has not been publicly identified.

The reward for Harrington’s safe return has grown to $150,000, after Metallica frontman James Hetfield reportedly told Dr. Harrington the heavy metal band would add $50,000 to the fund.

EC October 30th, 2009 | 11:39 am
Please everyone go to and read information on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:36 pm

BJ you are doing an excellent job keeping everybody updated on this case. I have a few pictures to share.

This is a picture of Morgans Brother. His Facebook page is under Alex Jordan Harrington.

This is a picture of the minister that lives with the Harringtons.

I thought somebody might be interested. They say one picture is worth a thousand words.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:42 pm

A lot of the discussions are on the lack of any information being given by the LE. Then the descrepancy in weather it was Morgans car or not that was driven to the concert. The father said it was not and LE insists it was. The friends have not spoken.
There is also a lot of discussion about if she ever really did show up for the concert. They can't seem to find her on any video cameras or phone cameras the young ones are so keen on snapping every few minutes and emailing to friends and family...not a one has surfaced.

They have sightings but none confirmed and most questionable like the video of the blonde at the concert. She was wearing a black skirt and black tshirt and boots. They were sure it was Morgan. Even her family was divided. Her father said it was, her brother said it wasn't and her mother didn't know. Then the girl in the video that was plastered everywhere came forward and said "it was me". So that ended that.
Anyway it is quite a mystery and I am up to my eyeballs in it. It has captured my imagination.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks for the links to the pictures, Jeanne!

CORNERED STYLE: ALEX JORDAN HARRINGTON/ Morgan's brother.
Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  9-10-09patrick01

Meet Reverend Diane Scribner Clevenger/ I didn't know a Reverend lived with the Harrington's.
Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  RevDiane2007
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:13 pm

“She’s a very responsible young lady,” says Diane Scribner Clevenger, the pastor of the Roanoke church that missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington attends.

“It’s just a time of shock,” says Scribner Clevenger. Best known to the Harringtons as “Reverend Diane,” she is serving as a family spokesperson while Morgan Harrington’s parents, Dan and Jill, have uprooted their lives in Roanoke to assist with the Charlottesville-based search for their 20-year-old daughter.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:34 pm

I don't know what happened with that link, Jeanne confused. Here it is with another link..... that you won't have to use. I deleted our "no need to read" comments. :)

On the ground and in the sky, police in Charlottesville are searching for 20-year-old Morgan Harrington. She is a junior at Virginia Tech, and her family is from Roanoke County.
Police say Harrington was attending a Metallica concert Saturday night with friends when she went missing.
WSLS sat down with Harrington’s pastor, Rev. Diane Scribner Clevenger, who lives with the Harrington family in their Roanoke County home.

“I think everyone’s just numb,” Rev. Scribner Clevenger said. “It’s a sense of shock.“
She says police first contacted the family Sunday morning after finding Morgan Harrington’s purse in the parking lot of John Paul Jones Arena.
“Her phone was in there,“ she said. “It was odd the battery had been removed.“
Police have said Harrington most likely does not have any identification or a cell phone with her.
Rev. Scribner Clevenger describes Harrington, who went to Northside High School and graduated from Lord Botetourt, as a sweet person who talks to her parents often.
“Morgan is in constant contact with Dan and Jill [Harrington], and they’re a very close-knit family.“
Rev. Scribner Clevenger says Harrington’s parents left Monday morning from their Roanoke County home to travel to Charlottesville. They took some of her belongings along with them to help with the search.
Dr. Daniel Harrington, a psychiatrist at Carillion, clutched his daughter’s pictures close to him as he pleaded for the public’s help during an afternoon press conference.
“I’d like to say if Morgan is out there and hears us, please come home,” Dr. Harrington said. “If somebody has Morgan, please let her come home safely.“
“She is our precious daughter and we hope this attention can help bring her back to her home,“ Gil Harrington said.
As the search continues, the family says they can only pray someone or something will help lead their daughter home safely.
Police say Harrington was last seen wearing a black T-shirt with “Pantera” written on the front in tan letters. She also had on a black mini-skirt with black tights and knee-high black boots. She is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs approximately 120 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes.
If you have any information, please call University of Virginia Police at (434) 924-7166.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:06 pm

It is day 13 and there is still no sign of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington. Friday her parents came to Charlottesville to get an update on the investigation and to pay tribute to their daughter.

Dan and Gil Harrington say they needed to be here for emotional reasons: to walk the area where Morgan was last seen and to make sure everything that can be done is being done. Living in Roanoke the Harrington’s say they feel disconnected from the epicenter of all the searching for their daughter.

During our talk Morgan’s mother said the best scenario is that Morgan is being held against her will by someone. Both parents say priority one, their new job, is to be out there and bring Morgan home.

Morgan's mother Gil said, “I am angry. Whoever has taken Morgan needs to be found and I will tear the earth apart to get to him."

Morgan's father Dan stated, "We've just been trying to figure out a new way of how we live with a hole in our lives and still have hope and yet at the same time you also do grieving."

The Harrington’s say they have really had to put themselves in a bubble. They have moments of normalcy but each days gets harder. Morgan disappeared during a Metallica concert on October 17. She was last seen at 9:30 on the Copeley Road Railroad Bridge.

A makeshift memorial for Morgan is taking shape in the location she was last seen, the Copeley Street Bridge in Charlottesville. The flowers and flyers showed up there Friday afternoon.

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  11417263_BG2 Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  11417263_BG3 Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  11417263_BG4
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~  Empty Help Find Morgan Dana Harrington/ Facebook

Post by Nama Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next