Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

+21
concerned4all
raine1953
jeanne1807
cherylz
misshesitation
lisette
laga
michelle_ellis
mayhem
prayerbone
CritterFan1
Nama
janie
TerryRose
Love4My5boys
Juanita
adelacruz
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
charminglane
Cory
25 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 17 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:55 am

I will add this link to our VH Facebook. I want the world to know that Justice is FINALLY coming your way, Cory. I have never met you, but have read your words (sometimes I am stunned by them. LOL!) and have seen you speaking and I am amazed at your perseverance, calmness, tenacity and the fact that your are still sane!! You are an amazing woman who deserves to know the truth!

I hope that you know we will all be thinking of you tomorrow, the coming days and really..we think of you everyday. VH and we members will always be here for you!!

Here we are cheering for you: :cheering: Couple Hugging BlowKisses Fingers Crossed stripper :FBI: butterfly

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 17 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:17 am

I bet cory hardly slept last night. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers that way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you today, Cory!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Cory I will be saying extra prayers for you today!!!!
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Cory, I don't know the time zone you are in, but it is probably afternoon there, and you may actually be testifying at this time. Many prayers coming your way from NC and I know you will get through this, as you have continued to be strong for the past 10 years.

Keep standing strong for Leah, and I'm sure you will finally get the justice you and Leah deserve.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Today is the day and you are right C4A, it is 142 here in Oregon right now, so the odds are probably likely that she is in the courtroom as we speak!!!

TONS AND TONS of positive energies coming your way Cory!

We love you so much! BlowKisses
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:32 pm

It's 2:30 there right now. Group Hug
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:41 pm

All the best,hope it went ok, not sure how to word this, but just know I'm thinking of you Cory and your family but most of all Leah!!

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:08 pm

SO sweet of you Andy!! You worded it just FINE!

Last edited by mommyof3kids on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:53 pm

I know she can't say much. Her hands are tied until the Grand Jury process is done. But yes I would like to hear she is doing okay and hanging in there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:23 pm

It's about 5:20 out here.
I bet she's wiped.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:16 pm

She probably just needs a break from discussing it. Maybe she was told not to log on here. Who knows. If we haven't heard from her by Friday, I will call her.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 pm

UPDATE from Cory:
I just texted her and she wanted me to let you all know that everything went fine and that she is with out internet at the moment, but she wanted me to tell you all that she is fine and that she loves you ALL and is that she is thankful for all of your support beyond words!! BlowKisses
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Oh, good!!! I just figured she is not allowed to discuss anything or get online, which still may be the case. Maybe she cannot actually say, "I have been told not to get online." This is serious business here and she won't make a wrong move. LE knows about VH.

We are here for her. She knows that and knows we can be patient. Hell, she has been for 10 years! Unreal!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:16 am

Thanks for the update. I am glad she is doing fine and things went well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:50 am

Again, I'm a day late and a dollar short, but let me join the legion of others and pledge my support to Cory and all of Leah's family.

I came to this case late and am still learning the details. I'll be watching the media for news.

Cory - you've experienced more than any mother should ever have to. You've stood strong and endured 10 years of the worst kind of pain. My admiration for your dedication is great. Keep on keepin' on, girl!! I'm certain that Leah is proud of her loving momma!
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:01 am

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Sorry I've been absent but sometimes ya just gotta take a break from it all! Look! I made it through the GJ!! Thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers, wishes, hugs, etc etc!!!!! Of course, I can't really talk about it but I just hope it moves quickly as possible.

Thank you all so much for the above posts - I gotta say it Wrap - Your's got to me! You sweet sweet woman you!!! flower3

And here I am thanking you for cheering me on:

stripper stripper stripper stripper stripper stripper stripper stripper stripper
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Cory, it's good to hear from you. My head is spinning from all the dancing going on up there. :lol!:

Hopefully, you can now kick of your shoes, make a pie, eat said pie and take your worry and concern a notch or ten down. :muahaha: Couple Hugging butterfly
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm

LOL!! I think I will do just that Wrap!!! Thank you so much for being here for me!! Love ya! :muahaha:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:56 pm

We all want pie!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Cory, I know how you are feeling after the GJ hearing. I think I was physically sick for several days after the GJ hearing for my daughter's estranged husband for the murder of my daughter.

I knew it was coming, and I knew who the suspect was, but it was still really hard to get through it.

My prayers are still coming your way, and I hope you hear something positive real soon.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:43 pm

concerned4all wrote:Cory, I know how you are feeling after the GJ hearing. I think I was physically sick for several days after the GJ hearing for my daughter's estranged husband for the murder of my daughter.

I knew it was coming, and I knew who the suspect was, but it was still really hard to get through it.

My prayers are still coming your way, and I hope you hear something positive real soon.

Thank you so much Concerned. Yeah.....It just kinda took the wind outta my sails. I'm still trying to absorb the idea that we are even at this point right now. Hard to explain. Just tiring.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:44 pm

charminglane wrote:We all want pie!

Uh oh! Here we go again!!!! eat
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:00 am

Cory wrote:
charminglane wrote:We all want pie!

Uh oh! Here we go again!!!! eat
It's all my fault..I am a bad Wrap. eat :lol!: frying pan duct and run
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:02 am

concerned4all wrote:Cory, I know how you are feeling after the GJ hearing. I think I was physically sick for several days after the GJ hearing for my daughter's estranged husband for the murder of my daughter.

Concerned...it's amazing what we withstand when we think we cannot. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 17 12467_1271739274759_1268193037_800665_4714223_s

by Wrapitup Yesterday at 5:00 am

Cory wrote:
charminglane wrote:
We all want pie!

Uh oh! Here we go again!!!!

It's all my fault..I am a bad Wrap.

MMMM... Apple Pie!!!! I want some MORE please!!! eat
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Get yer butt down here young lady!!! I WILL make you one and you know it!! LOL!! stripper

I'm just in a GREAT mood today!! rocking smile
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:27 pm

I'll be down there next Month so you can bet my Butt will be headed straight to your house first!! Booty

Dancing stripper stripper
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:29 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :celebration: :celebration: :celebration: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:54 pm

This time Cory... you are gonna come out to the Dunes and we are going to celebrate the GJ News and I am gonna take you on a ride to the highest Hill so we can do a shout out in Leah's name!! All I can say, is I tend to have a need for SPEED.. so you better hold on tight!!! :riding:

peace Dancing wink rocking smile
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:This time Cory... you are gonna come out to the Dunes and we are going to celebrate the GJ News and I am gonna take you on a ride to the highest Hill so we can do a shout out in Leah's name!! All I can say, is I tend to have a need for SPEED.. so you better hold on tight!!! :riding:

peace Dancing wink rocking smile

witch Can I just meet ya up there? I'll be on my broom. Beat ya there!!! JK! :riding: READY!!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:13 am

I know how fast you are with your dang broom Cory.. Dang.. You made it all the way from Canada to Coos Bay in like 10 minutes.. head bang OK, fine, we can just meet at the Hill Sarcasm !!
Critter can 🐶 🐶 🐶 and Wrap and LM can thinking teleport to the Dune Hill Smash PC stripper stripper Oh But what about Peanut? faint

We gotta think this through!! :FBI:

Love you women!! BlowKisses
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 am

Don't forget BJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! witch
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:17 pm

by Wrapitup Today at 8:35 am

Don't forget BJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, How could I forget about our super sluether?? head bang crazy3 frying pan
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 17 Empty Coos County DA will take 10-year-old Leah Freeman slaying case to grand jury

Post by Nama Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:56 pm

This isn't new news, but I didn't see that it had been posted yet. They name Nick and his friend Brent.

Monday will mark 10 years since Leah Freeman disappeared while walking home from a friend's house in Coquille. On Friday, Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier announced to a crowded City Hall that it's time to turn the case over to a grand jury.

"The grand jury is going to be a lengthy one," Frasier said. "We'll be calling over 100 witnesses. It is probably going to be two to three months to get it done. I want everyone to be realistic. If we obtain an indictment, great. If not, we go back to working on the case."

Frasier wouldn't give any details of what the investigation has uncovered, saying he didn't want to compromise the case.

Freeman, 15, disappeared on the evening of June 28 after she left a friend's house. She was last seen walking along Central Avenue only blocks from her home. That night police found one of her shoes by a nearby cemetery. About a week later, her other shoe was found blood-splattered on a dirt road far out of town.

Five weeks after she disappeared, county detectives found Freeman's body about nine miles out of town down a steep embankment off a curving country road.

Police initially turned their attention to Freeman's boyfriend, Nicholas McGuffin, then 18, and his friend Brent Bartley, 20, but neither were ever charged. McGuffin has said he searched for Freeman that night for hours without success.

Freeman's mother, Cory Courtwright, has kept her daughter's memory alive and kept the pressure on police to keep working to solve her death.

"I just want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of the detectives and officers that worked so hard on this case," Courtwright said at City Hall, crowded with friends and family, many wearing T-shirts with pictures of Freeman on them. "From the Freeman and Courtwright families, we appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts. And thanks to the community for standing by me for 10 years."

Coquille Police Chief Mark Dannels said the team of officers from multiple Coos County agencies interviewed more than 200 people over the last six months, amassed more than 5,500 pages of documents and re-examined more than 100 pieces of evidence. They also traveled to Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Tennessee and London in search of experts who might help analyze evidence, and presented the case to Vidocq Society, a nonprofit organization of forensic specialists who specialize in cold cases.

"There is a real passion for this case," Dannels said. "We're very pleased where we are at."

Courtwright plans a vigil Monday night at the Coquille High School parking lot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:25 am

They also traveled to Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Tennessee and London in search of experts who might help analyze evidence, and presented the case to Vidocq Society, a nonprofit organization of forensic specialists who specialize in cold cases.
Holy Shit! They mean business!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 am

"There is a real passion for this case," Dannels said. "We're very pleased where we are at."

Better believe this. :cheering:
Cory this is all thanks to you. You have done everything in your power to keep Leahs case alive and get justice for Leah. I agree LE means business and they want justice as well!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Aw...Thanks LM! But I can't take the credit. LE has really stepped up to the plate here. I still can't believe I am on friendly terms with the CPD. My how things have changed!! Things HAVE changed and you are right.....They DO mean business and they DO want justice. YAY!!!!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Happy Dance all around the town!!!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:58 pm

charminglane wrote:Happy Dance all around the town!!!

Like this Charming?? :dancingbaby: LOL!! peace
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:59 pm

No, like this!! stripper stripper stripper ROFLMAO
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:09 pm

LOL!!!!!! Woo hoo!!! I like that much better!!!! stripper
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Cory, it is so good to see you so upbeat now, as compared to last year when you were so down and depressed.

I really think your insistance is why this case is actually moving forward, along with all the prayers from everyone who were backing you up. Keep your chin up, I think you are in for some really great news very soon.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Whatever dance floats your boat, Cory!

I was thinking of SpongeBob when I wrote that.
He says, "Bring it arooooooooooooooouuuuuuund town!"
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:55 pm

concerned4all wrote:Cory, it is so good to see you so upbeat now, as compared to last year when you were so down and depressed.

I really think your insistance is why this case is actually moving forward, along with all the prayers from everyone who were backing you up. Keep your chin up, I think you are in for some really great news very soon.

Thank you Concerned! Just knowing they are actually working on her case is enough to get me upbeat! Seems like so many years went by......nothing. And to have the case where it is now - AMAZING!!!!! I couldn't be happier. My chin is up Concerned! My chin is up!! And I hope you are right - I hope some really great news comes very soon! Pray Pray!!! Couple Hugging
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:58 pm

charminglane wrote:Whatever dance floats your boat, Cory!

I was thinking of SpongeBob when I wrote that.
He says, "Bring it arooooooooooooooouuuuuuund town!"

I think Wrap had it right.................. stripper stripper stripper !!!!

SpongeBob!!!! LOL!!!!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Cory, do you know when the 20/20 show will air? Please let us know when it is scheduled.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 pm

concerned4all wrote:Cory, do you know when the 20/20 show will air? Please let us know when it is scheduled.

No. They haven't told me that yet. (I've asked many times!!) I'm not sure they are done yet!! I don't know how far they will follow the case. But of course I will definitely let VH know!! Absolutely!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Damn straight, girlfriend!!!! :celebration:
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:33 am

You got that right, Charminglane
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:36 am

Wrapitup wrote:
They also traveled to Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Tennessee and London in search of experts who might help analyze evidence, and presented the case to Vidocq Society, a nonprofit organization of forensic specialists who specialize in cold cases.
Holy Shit! They mean business!!
This is big, really big. This is going to be the year for answers about Leah!!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next