Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaniya Davis body found dead on side of road in NC/Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder!!

+18
lilypad
frogs
jeanne1807
mommyof3kids
lisette
Cory
charminglane
TerryRose
artgal16
Marica
NiteSpinR
janie
adelacruz
cherylz
Nama
Juanita
CritterFan1
Wrapitup
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Shaniya Davis body found dead on side of road in NC/Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Shaniya Davis body found dead on side of road in NC/Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder!!

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:38 pm

I would like to know HOW and WHY the judge Allowed Antionette to be released from jail, and WHEN is that monster's trial?? Never?? Both of the names you mentioned, Rainbow, are from NC. I hate to say this and I hope I don't offend anyone, but I have never seen such a lack of police protection in my life. Also, the DSS should not even be in existence there. They dropped the ball horribly on Both of these cases. 🇳🇴

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis body found dead on side of road in NC/Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Shaniya Davis body found dead on side of road in NC/Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder!!

Post by NosyNeighbor Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:32 pm

I am dumbfounded and outraged to see what has become of little Shaniya's case.. I had no clue this whore Antoinette had been out on bond all of this time..I assumed she 's stay where she belonged in a hell hole jail..give birth to another innocent babe that would be immediately and permanently removed from her and place d among 1000s of those that are currently awaiting a birth of a baby to adopt..But nope our system once again fails us but most importantly fails Shaniya and this precious sibling of Shaniyas born recently..The baby is in foster care? Bullsh*t I scream?? Why not immediate and total parental rights of Antoinette be permanently severed and he be adopted and permanently placed with parents from her birth..that way the child would never have to suffer the slums of our system And its foster care..But no..once again its the disgusting whore criminal whose rights TRUMP ALL! Her rights are not severed rather just but in limbo along with a precious innocent human being slung into the hell pits of foster care!

IT IS 100% UNNECESSARY! IT IS AN OUTRAGE AND IT IS ONLY FURTHERING THE DISASTEROUS CONTINUAL CYCLE OF DYSFUNCTION!

WHY NOT FREE THIS BABE FROM A LIFE OF THIS VICIOUS CYCLE?..ALL BECAUSE OF HER WHORE BIO MOTHERS RIGHTS!

I WANT ANTOINETTE TO SUFFER AS WELL AS THE MONSTER WHO RAPED AND KILLED HER! I DEMAND JUSTICE! AND FAYETTEVILLE NC YOU JUST AIN'T CUTTING IT! I HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTINUING THIS VICIOUS CYCLE..YOU ARE AT FAULT FOR THIS INNOCENT BABY'S LIFE THAT YOU HAVE JUST SENTENCED TO ANOTHER HELLISH OUTCOME BY BEING STUCK TRAPPED IN YOUR SYSTEM!

I CALL FOR SOME HEAD HAUNCHOS HEADS TO ROLL!

*plz forgive typos/misspellings am angry as hell*
NosyNeighbor
NosyNeighbor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:15 am

NN, thanks for your post. I completely understand your anger, as I also feel much anger towards all those responsible for Shaniya's torturous life with her "mother", and eventual death!!

I also hope that this precious newborn will be adopted to a good family, and not have to suffer any more trauma through foster care. Do you have personal experience with foster care? I have heard that there are good foster parents, but then there are the horror stories too. I completely agree with you regarding those who were working for CPS (or whatever it is called) to be held responsible for Shaniya's death... it is an OUTRAGE!! angry grrrr

(BTW, the emoticons are a good way of expressing your emotions. The emoticon button is located at the top of the "quick reply" box)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:33 am

omg Five years old, raped and killed. Another failed child by family and the court system. 🇳🇴 over reaction

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis body found dead on side of road in NC/Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder!! - Page 5 Empty Death penalty sought in Shaniya Davis Murder!!!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 am

Updated: 2:53 p.m. yesterday

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Cumberland County prosecutors said Wednesday that they plan to seek the death penalty against the man charged with killing a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl almost two years ago but not against the girl's mother.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 30, has been charged with murder, kidnapping and rape in the death of Shaniya Davis, whose body was found in a kudzu patch near the Lee-Harnett county line on Nov. 16, 2009, six days after her mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, reported her missing from their Fayetteville home.

Authorities believe Antoinette Davis is complicit in her daughter's death. Arrest warrants stated that she "did knowingly provide Shaniya with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and "did permit an act of prostitution with Shaniya."

An autopsy determined that Shaniya died of asphyxiation and that injuries she suffered were consistent with a sexual assault. A medical examiner noted in the autopsy that investigators believe the girl was used to pay off a drug debt.

A Cumberland County grand jury indicted Antoinette Davis in July on charges of first-degree murder, indecent liberties with a child, felony child abuse, felony sexual servitude, rape of a child, sexual offense of a child by an adult offender, human trafficking and making a false police report.

She was arraigned Wednesday, and a judge set her bond on the murder charge at $2 million. Bonds totaling $1.5 million were set previously on the other charges.

McNeill, whom police have described as a friend of the family, is being held without bond at Central Prison in Raleigh.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 am

Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder
by Staff reports
20 hrs ago

FAYETTEVILLE — A Superior Court judge ruled Wednesday that Cumberland County prosecutors can seek the death penalty against a man charged with killing a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl whose body was discovered two years ago near the Lee-Harnett county line.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 31, faces charges of first-degree rape, first-degree kidnapping and first-degree murder in the 2009 death of Shaniya Davis.

Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons ruled Wednesday afternoon that prosecutors could seek the death penalty against McNeill. But Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West said prosecutors cannot pursue the death penalty against Davis’ mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 27.

“In the case of Mario McNeill, the judge declared his case capital,” West said. “In the case of Antoinette Davis, her case was declared non-capital because the state is precluded from pursuing the death penalty against her based on case law.”

In July, a Cumberland County grand jury indicted Antoinette Davis on charges of first-degree murder, indecent liberties with a child, felony child abuse, felony sexual servitude, rape of a child, sexual offense of a child by an adult offender, human trafficking and making a false police report.

West said Wednesday’s hearing was a “Rule 24” hearing, during which a judge in Superior Court declares a case capital or not capital. West said several factors can determine which ruling a case receives, including whether the crime was “especially atrocious, heinous or cruel.”

“There are enumerating factors under North Carolina law,” West said. “Two presented to the court were that the murder occurred during a sexual offense, and a kidnapping also occurred.”

McNeill has been held without bond at North Carolina Central Prison in Raleigh since his arrest. The judge set a $2 million bond on Antoinette Davis’ first-degree murder charge Wednesday. Bonds totaling $1.5 million had already been set on her other charges.

West said the next court date for McNeill and Davis is scheduled for Nov. 1.

Shaniya Davis’ body was discovered in a kudzu patch near Carolina Trace on Nov. 16, 2009, six days after Antoinette Davis reported her missing. A surveillance video time-stamped 6:11 a.m. Nov. 10 from the Comfort Suites Hotel on Bragg Street in Sanford showed McNeill, who police identified as a friend of the family, holding Shaniya Davis in front of an elevator.

More than 250 volunteers searched for Shaniya Davis in Lee County before her body was discovered off of N.C. Highway 87 near Carolina Trace. Vigils sprang up across central North Carolina, and NBA star Shaquille O’Neal paid for her funeral.

According to the autopsy report, Shaniya Davis died of asphyxiation and had injuries consistent with sexual assault.

Read more: Sanford Herald - BREAKING Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis body found dead on side of road in NC/Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder!! - Page 5 Empty It isn't justice unless the right person gets it.

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:16 am

Published: 06:30 PM, Fri Oct 07, 2011
Shaniya: It isn't justice unless the right person gets it.

The case of Shaniya Davis, a 5-year-old who was raped and murdered in 2009, seared the heart of this community as few others have or ever will.

The girl's mother, Antoinette Davis, and Mario Andrette McNeill are going to trial on an array of charges, most notably first-degree murder. But the allegations behind the state's charges are what wrench the gut and all but defy belief: A mother gives up a little child for sex to pay off a drug debt; she is taken to a motel and raped; her body is found days later in a neighboring county. The cause of death: suffocation.

If, as Americans often have, the people of this community work from the assumption that everything in the indictment is true and accurate, the desire for revenge will trump the desire for justice. And that will be a second injury - self-inflicted, this time.

Don't be afraid of due process. The presumption of innocence isn't there to let child-killers slip away. An impartial jury is not an affront to justice; it is essential to it because people with an emotional stake in the outcome of a trial have trouble grasping the very idea of an innocent accused.

Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons has given prosecutors clearance to seek the death penalty against McNeill. If Antoinette Davis is convicted on all charges, or even a few, she'll spend her life behind bars. In the meantime, they're not going anywhere. McNeill is being held without bail and Davis' bail has been set at $2 million. There is time to do this right.

The defense has arguments to make, too - among them that Antoinette Davis was not the only adult in the home at the time of the gruesome transaction and was not the one who made it. There is time not to be dismissive of that argument or others, time to analyze, test, check and recheck.

Jurors, not the broader community, will hear every word of testimony and view every scrap of evidence before rendering verdicts. Then those of us so touched by the evil that was done to that child can dedicate that demonstration of justice to her memory.

Mere revenge would be a poor memorial to one so small.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:19 am

The DP is appropriate for anybody who would ever have done such an unspeakable crime to this innocent little girl. Shaniya Davis tugs at my heart, I feel so very sad when I think of her. If only her own mother would have cared as much, she would still be alive and well today. JMO.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:25 am

I agree I agree I agree I agree
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 am

Cumberland County DSS waiting on results from SBI investigation

October 12, 2011 -

The State Bureau of Investigation has completed its inquiry into the actions and conduct of the Cumberland County Department of Social Services and their handling of the Shaniya Davis case.

The findings, which have not been released to DSS or the public, are the result of a 1 year and 10 month long probe that began on December 4th, 2009.

Cumberland County District Attorney, Ed Grannis and Fayetteville Police Chief, Tom Bergamine both requested that the SBI investigate the Cumberland County Department of Social Services, because they believed that DSS had failed to release complete records to them regarding their involvement with the Davis family.

In an interview with WTVD September 30, 2010, Ed Grannis, not only criticised DSS for failing to release essential information in the Shanyia Davis case, but also for leaving detectives waiting for hours for their assistance when Shanyia Davis was missing.

"It was critically important that DSS cooperate in every way to save the life of this child, it does not appear that occurred," Said Grannis.

According to WTVD, Grannis also expressed his disappointment with the State Bureau of Investigation who he said referred to DSS's lack of cooperation as a misunderstanding - even after interviews with DSS staffers revealed high ranking supervisors told agents on the case to print emails and then delete them to prevent the media from accessing details in their investigation of the Davis Family.

News 14 Carolina, has reported that the SBI is in the process of setting up a meeting with District Attorney, Ed Grannis.

It is unclear if DSS will face any accountability and repercussions if the SBI has found they violated the law in this case.

District Attorney Grannis has stated that "DSS dropped the ball and failed to protect the 5-year-old" but that he will not seek criminal charges against DSS because they reacted in this manner to "protect their image."

Shaniya Davis was reported missing from her home located at 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive, Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at around 6:53 a.m.

Shaniya's body was found November 16, 2009 around 1 p.m. in a wooded area Near Highway 87 in Lee County, 6 miles from Sanford and not far from the Comfort Inn hotel where she was last seen alive by a witness.

Surveillance video from the hotel shows Shaniya being carried by Mario Andrette McNeill through the hotel, and into a room, on the morning of her disappearance. The video is time stamped 6:11 a.m.

Police believe that Shaniya was still alive at about 7:30a.m., when she left the hotel.

Mario Andrette McNeill has been charged with Kidnapping, First Degree Murder, and First Degree Rape of Shaniya Davis, Prosecutor's are seeking the death penalty in his case.

Shaniya's Mother, Antoinette Davis has also been charged with First Degree Murder, Child abuse involving prostitution, Human trafficking, rape of a child, filing a false police report, and obstructing an investigation, among other things.

Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty in her case.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis body found dead on side of road in NC/Prosecutors will seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder!! - Page 5 Empty JUSTICE FOR SHANIYA DAVIS!

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:02 pm

JUSTICE FOR SHANIYA DAVIS!

In November 2009, an innocent, beautiful 5yr old girl was taken from us here on Earth. Shaniya Davis was allegedly sold as a sex slave by her mother. Her mother, Antoinette Davis, 25 is charged with human trafficking and felony child abuse.

In recent news, Mario Andrette McNeil who is charged with raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya has requested his release while awaiting trial.

"Release me. It's easiest," Mario Andrette McNeill said in a hand-written note from Central Prison in Raleigh, where he is being held for his own safety.

McNeill, 30, was arrested in November 2009 on charges he kidnapped, raped and murdered Shaniya Davis. Her body was found in a kudzu patch near the Lee-Harnett county line six days after she disappeared from her Fayetteville home.

An autopsy determined that Shaniya died of asphyxiation and that injuries she suffered were consistent with a sexual assault. A medical examiner noted in the autopsy that investigators believe the girl was used to pay off a drug debt.

Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 26, was charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse–prostitution, filing a false police report and obstructing a police investigation. Arrest warrants state that Davis "did knowingly provide Shaniya with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and "did permit an act of prostitution with Shaniya."

A grand jury hasn't yet indicted McNeill or Antoinette Davis in the case, and no trial dates can be set until then. The Cumberland County grand jury meets next on June 13.

McNeill addressed his request "To Whom This May Concern" and mailed it to the Cumberland County Clerk of Court.

HERE IN THIS PETITION WE DEMAND JUSTICE FOR SHANIYA DAVIS BY SIGNATURE PRESENCE. WE WANT NO RELEASE FOR MCNEIL AND FOR ANTOINETTE DAVIS TO RETURN TO JAIL. NO FURTHER CONTINUANCE SHOULD BE ALOTTED FOR HER TRIAL TO CONTINUE TO BE DELAYED.

THESE CRIMINALS ARE A DANGER TO OUR SOCIETY AND OUR CHILDREN. WE DEMAND A TRIAL IN SUPREME COURT, SENTENCING TO BOTH ALLEGED PARTIES IN THE DEATH OF SHANIYA DAVIS, MARIO MCNEIL AND ANTOINETTE DAVIS A MAX OF DEATH SENTENCING OR MINIMUM OF LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE IN A MAX SECURITY FACILITY.

IN ADDITION TO THESE THINGS WE WANT SHANIYA'S LAW IMPLEMENTED INTO LAW.

A law must be passed to make crimes against children a federal offense and to be served with capitol punishment. With a law named after Shaniya Nicole Davis, a 5 year old girl who was abused and sold as a sex slave by her own mother and whose life was tragically cut short due to unspeakable violence, heinous crimes against children can finally be put to an end.

We must not let Shaniya's death go in vein, let her life & tragedy be another life saved by protecting our children with JUSTICE FOR SHANIYA & SHANIYA'S LAW!!!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:07 pm

"In recent news, Mario Andrette McNeil who is charged with raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya has requested his release while awaiting trial."
I agree, release him, just give the public prior warning then there will be nothing left of him. Just make sure that the so-called Mother Antoinette Davis, is put in the center of town square where I'd love to help stone her.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:52 pm

"Release me. It's easiest," Mario Andrette McNeill said in a hand-written note from Central Prison in Raleigh, where he is being held for his own safety.
Reminds of the the creepy aliens in the movie "Independence Day" crazy3 Your not going any where you crazy sick Man.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:13 pm

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5