Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadline Looms In Casey Anthony Case/Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule

+2
NiteSpinR
Wrapitup
6 posters

Go down

Deadline Looms In Casey Anthony Case/Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule Empty Deadline Looms In Casey Anthony Case/Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 10:27 am

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The defense team representing Casey Anthony, who is charged with murder the in the death of her daughter, Caylee, must meet a crucial deadline. By Monday afternoon, Anthony's attorneys must provide to the judge in her murder case a detailed schedule on when they will depose the prosecution's witnesses.

Anthony's defense team is expected to question more than 50 people under oath, in addition to the 36 people that have already been deposed.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry set the deadline in an attempt to speed up the case. Perry said previously that he would not hesitate to find witnesses in contempt of court if they do not cooperate.

Anthony, 24, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, whose remains were found in a wooded area in December 2008.

Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty. Her trial is scheduled to begin in May 2011.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Deadline Looms In Casey Anthony Case/Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule Empty Re: Deadline Looms In Casey Anthony Case/Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am

Is that today? This Monday afternoon??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Deadline Looms In Casey Anthony Case/Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule Empty Re: Deadline Looms In Casey Anthony Case/Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Yes today wrap. I love the pressure the judge is putting on the defense. After all it is not their money they are spending anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon May 17, 2010 1:22 pm

(I should have saved the "I agree" smiley)
I like this Judge Whip
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon May 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Someone has put up 32 more pictures of Casey and Caylee now on CBS website 48 hours! Who sold them and who got paid for these new photos!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon May 17, 2010 2:47 pm

the $200,000. already procured by the Anthonys is reason #6 for Casey to get the DP.
Profiting from the murder.

I'm tired of all these back and forth motions. Lets just get on with taking this case to trial already.
I will be highly pissed off if Casey gets a lighter sentence and then walks free from jail with time already served.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Nite, I completely agree. Enough already. Let's get the circus on the road!!

Artgal, I had seen most of those pics before. There were maybe 5 or 6 I had not seen.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon May 17, 2010 4:52 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Casey Anthony's defense team wants to start spending public money on the case, and Judge Belvin Perry issued an order on Monday regarding 10 death penalty challenges on which he has yet to rule.

Defense attorney Jose Baez is asking for transcripts from eight witness depositions, which could cost thousands of dollars.

Just days after Casey Anthony's defense received the go-ahead from Perry to start spending state money for defense costs. Baez has asked Perry to order the state's Justice Administrative Commission to produce and pay for eight witness transcripts from recent depositions.

"Usually the judge will OK one or two, but once you start getting into the 10s or 20s, the judge is going to ask a lot of questions," defense attorney Richard Hornsby said.

Hornsby has gone through the same process with the JAC. He said a 90-page transcript can cost around $500 to produce.

"These are definitely big-ticket items in any criminal case, and in this one, with the amount of witnesses, the costs could become astronomical," Hornsby said.

Also on Monday, Perry ordered both sides to file written arguments on seven of 10 pending death penalty challenges filed by Anthony's defense.

Hornsby said Perry wants both sides to state their positions in writing if this critical part of the case is ever considered by the high courts on appeal.

"I think it's important that both sides are able to give their accounts, so that there can be no issue on appeal about whether or not this was waived or this wasn't waived," Hornsby said.

Perry ordered prosecutors to file their written responses by June 16 and defense responses by June 28. He'll rule after the responses are received.

Perry indefinitely postponed ruling on the final three death penalty motions because they deal with jury instructions and verdicts.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 5:10 pm

The new pictures had to have been released from the Anthony family. It broke my heart to see the new ones of Caylee with KC. How could she do that to Caylee? Caylee loved KC so much. KC betrayed that love. Just when I think there could be no more pictures of Caylee more surface. She was such a beautiful angel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Linda Marie, had you not seen 85% of those pics before? I know it's wrong but most if not all of those pics were already released a long time ago.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 5:26 pm

There were a few new ones. I have seen the rest of them before. Every time I see pictures of Caylee with KC I get so angry The new ones were of KC with Caylee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 5:33 pm

You're right. I wish they wouldn't show them. They should come with a warning: "The pics you are about to see are pictures of Casey Anthony with her daughter, Caylee."
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 5:43 pm

wrap this is going to backfire if the Anthonys are looking for sympathy for KC. "oh look at what a loving mother she was"
BS
All these pictures will do is fuel the fire to convict ms "tot mom" for murder. How could she wrap duct tape around her mouth and kill her?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 12:52 pm

those..pictures... crying head bang

They have the reverse effect on me. instead of making me feel bad for casey, they make me feel bad for caylee. like the one where caylee looks half asleep in casey's arms. how COULD that monster do that to someone who loved and depended on them that badly? How? and how can she LIVE with herself! i would want to DIE if my daughter was dead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 pm

OMG...that was the first time seeing a newborn picture of caylee...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 1:04 pm

I have an even better top 5 reasons for the DP for that witch.

1)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and theres more where that came from.

head bang Electric Chair
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks, Sassy...but personally, I've seen enough. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks for copying those to the thread Sassy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue May 18, 2010 1:53 pm

I have to admit Caylee did seem loved at the beginning. Well cared for and tethered to. I think as she got older she was the pawn btwn KC and CA. I will never forget KC's writing in her "Diary of Days"...so sure those mean words were for her mother and had to do with the demise of Caylee. KC was jealous of her own flesh and blood...talk about insecurity...pitiful. 🇳🇴
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue May 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Sassy thanks for bringing them over. I just didn't feel like plowing through all those pictures to see the new ones.

I wish I knew how to do that.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue May 18, 2010 5:25 pm

As someone said before, Casey big old head sure figures prominently in the pics. I also feel that these pictures will bring her down. How could she?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue May 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Those are beautiful pictures of Caylee - she was well taken care of - mostly by Cindy and George in the home that they provided for her. I wonder if anyone will find out who sold them and how much was paid. Not much has been reported lately on the Anthonys bankruptcy hearing but I absolutely do not believe for one minute that they will lose that house. I wonder what is going on with their non-profit foundation for Caylee.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 8:34 pm

To be honest........im not sure i want them to lose the house. If they have to lose everything else i really hope they do before the house...why? because even though i find their behavior to be stupid in defending a very obviously guilty daughter despite all shes done, and said...including to their grandaughter....i know they had to have, at least in their own way, cared for caylee...and that house is the only place caylee marie ever got to live.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Im with you Sassy, these people will suffer the rest of their lives no matter what the outcome is. Their lives are no longer normal - they are living a "new normal"
one that we cannot conceive of. Sleepless night, endless worry and stress, and after Casey is convicted trips to the prison, long waits in line to see their daughter for a few minutes, watching her grow older and more bitter. Any joy from Lee if he marries or has children will always have to be played down for Casey as she spends her life in prison. Yes, I hope they get to keep their house too.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue May 18, 2010 8:55 pm

[quote="Sassybtsweet"]To be honest........im not sure i want them to lose the house. If they have to lose everything else i really hope they do before the house...
Sassy, they have already lost everything...most importantly their pride and joy...Caylee. Their life has got to be a living Hell. When I think of them I get a pit in my stomach. I too do not understand them now...but I really think it is a defense mechanism that allows them to live and get out of bed each day. I think that I would just give up and want to curl up and die if I was ever in their shoes.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 pm

I wouldn't/couldn't be anywhere near that house. I cannot imagine walking past Caylee's room with all her things. And Casey's room. OMG. All the pics Casey had of Caylee on her bedroom wall. No way. I would want to be as far from that house as possible.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Deadline Looms In Casey Anthony Case/Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule Empty Casey's Defense Turns In Deposition Schedule

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 19, 2010 12:21 am

Posted: 4:51 pm EDT May 17, 2010Updated: 6:20 pm EDT May 17, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- WFTV obtained Casey Anthony’s defense team's deposition schedule (read it) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
for the case.

DOCUMENTS: Depo Schedule | Extension Request | Judge's Order
VIDEO REPORT: New Motions In Casey Case

Chief Judge Belvin Perry required both the defense and prosecution to turn in a detailed list of their remaining interviews to the court by Monday. The defense list has more than 40 witnesses, including FBI agents, Casey's friends and family members and members of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Also, the prosecution filed a motion Monday to say they could not meet the deadline (read it) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
because the defense had not given them the list in time. They are requesting a 10-day extension.

Judge Perry also filed an order Monday regarding 10 pending death penalty motions (read it) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] He is requiring the state to file a written response to those motions by June 16 and the defense must submit their replies by June 28.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:23 am

I got lost in the motions the State filed. All that legal talk goes right over my head. So the State wants 10 days to go over the defense witness list so they know who they want to talk it is the way I understood that. The State also wants a list of potential witness that will say Caylee remains were place there after KC was incarcerated.
I agree with wrap and I would not want to stay in a house where my Daughter murdered my Granddaughter. I don't understand GA or CA.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down