Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

+19
Lilone
lorrie89
charminglane
Turtle
raine1953
concerned4all
Love4My5boys
mommyof3kids
misshesitation
adelacruz
NiteSpinR
CritterFan1
jeanne1807
artgal16
TerryRose
Nama
cherylz
Wrapitup
lisette
23 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 6 Empty Re: Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

Post by lisette Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 pm

I think that all was not good in that house before little Kyron's disappearance...I don't mean to offend anyone, but what kind of woman wants to go into female body-building? I don't like to look at them...Sorry, that's just me. Also, Kaine and Desiree divorcing before Kyron was born...Then, Terri moving in...Wonder was it to take care of Kyron, or to get close to Kaine? And the thing with her teen son moving out in March...Seems like a family that had a good facade, but had secrets, maybe secrets that were in danger of being exposed? I am very sorry for Terri if she is innocent...Her life has been destroyed, but LE must have something on her...or do they? What a mystery!

lisette

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 6 Empty Re: Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:33 pm

It's all very strange. She may have an alcohol problem as she was arrested in 2005 with her son who was then 11. Maybe she got drunk over the weekend and threatened Kaine and the baby?

Jeanne, I do understand we don't want to accuse her without merit but who else could it be? And, if the judge saw fit to put a TRO on her that quickly and seal the two 911 calls, and also keep her away from her own daughter..something is terribly wrong here.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Its interesting that the minute we heard of this story we thought first of the stepmother. I would have more faith in her being involved, if Kyron was not seen in school that day. Because that scenario makes sense to me. She brings his science project to school, drops his books at his class, acknowledges a few people and leaves and Kyron was never with her, then
she comes up with the story. That makes sense. But to bring him to school and to do all that and then take the chance of leaving school with him and no one saw a thing -now that is not only gusty and highly dangerous, it defies logic. But apparently he was seen in school that day.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 6 Empty Search Expert Using Dogs To Look For Kyron

Post by Nama Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:38 pm

A search expert took his border collies into the field Wednesday to search for evidence of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, nearly one month after the boy disappeared from Skyline School in northwest Portland.
Harry Oakes, the head of International K-9 Search and Rescue, offered his services to police when Kyron disappeared, but they declined. He said he's donating his time to search for Kyron on his own.
Since the first week of the investigation, Sauvie's Island has been a location repeatedly searched in the effort to find Kyron. Dive teams, K-9s and horse trailers have been spotted at the island, but deputies have not said whether they found anything.
Oakes returned to the island on Wednesday.
"I give absolutely no credibility to the search dogs they use," Oakes said. "Too many times, we've gone in after they've searched and then found the person in the original search area."
Oakes scoured areas of Sauvie Island with his dogs and focused on marinas around the island. Without a piece of Kyron's clothing or a pillow case, he gave his dogs a pseudo scent to track.
During his search, one dog honed in on a spot of water and Oakes pulled a sock out. It was the only spot that triggered the dogs.
On Thursday, he plans to bring in a second dog team to see if they get hits in the same areas. If they do, Oakes plans to call police.
Oakes said he is not trying to upstage the sheriff's office or get in their way. He simply wants to give the family closure.
"I saw the captain from the sheriff's office make a promise to bring Kyron home and I'm trying to help him keep that promise," Oakes said.
911 Calls Came From Horman Family Home
This week, Kaine Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order against Terri Horman, who was the last person to have reported seeing 7-year-old Kyron.
He left his family's home in northwest Portland on Saturday and took the 18-month-old daughter he shared with Terri Horman with him.
FOX 12 has learned that two 911 calls were made from the Horman family home over the weekend. One call was classified as a custodial interference issue and the other call was related to "threats being made to another person."
Sheriff's deputies would not elaborate on the calls. The calls have also been impounded and will not be released to the media until a later date.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24100574/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Does anyone know the little boy's whose name is Pumala I think, his fathers first name. On blink they are saying that the man in the back of the photo of Kyron with his science project was BP. Anyone know who that
is.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 6 Empty Details emerge in Horman family 9-1-1 calls

Post by Nama Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:24 pm

There was not one but two 9-1-1 calls placed from Kyron Horman’s home last Saturday night, the Bureau of Emergency Communications confirmed Wednesday.

A log of the calls revealed the first report came in at 5:18 p.m. and lasted 13 minutes. Dispatchers said it came as a report of threats being made in the family’s home on Sheltered Nook Road in Northwest Multnomah County.

The second 9-1-1 call was made from the home at 11:39 p.m. and was recorded by dispatchers as a child custody issue.

The calls came on the same day Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, moved out of the family’s home.

The Bureau of Emergency Communications wouldn’t confirm who made the calls.

KATU News has joined with other local media organizations in filing a “motion to intervene” to get the order unsealed.

Former FBI profiler and ABC News consultant, Brad Garrett, said there must be some pattern of abuse in this situation or something Kyron’s father knows that the public doesn’t and the police believe has happened.

“What’s interesting is that we don’t know of any history with Terri as far as abusiveness to any of her children,” he said. “So there’s something under the surface here that we don’t know about and obviously it reached a point, possibly last week, that the husband move(d) forward.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97533749.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Pumula was the man in the picture. Didn't read that one.

I think he might be a close neighbor of the Hormans and also the father of the little boy that said Kyron was in that school and is his friend. The little boy also went on tv and made a statement with his grandma.

Sorry I can't remember more but they are all running together for me now.

Ok there is a full page on Pumula over at Blinks if anybody is interested in reading it.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/23/new-clues-in-kyron-horman-search-fact-or-fiction-you-decide/#more-4019

I can't find where they are saying Pulmuma is the man in the picture? Do you remember where that was? Interesting.

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Wrap I just don't know but they have a lynching mob of bloggers over at the Oregon LIve and I have been so upset with their get Terri that I have taken the position that it might not be her.

It could be a stranger abduction. It could be somebody from the school that knows his eyesight is bad. It could be a family member.

I think if they had enough she would be sitting in jail. They hate it that she is not speaking and has not gotten an attorney.

I don't know Wrap. Just a feeling it's not her.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:17 pm

What gets to me now is the restraining order and the taking away of her baby, not the divorce and the hubby moving out. If LE still thinks that Terri might be innocent of this crime, it might be a case of Terri losing her mind over the child's disappearance and acting out in her nervous breakdown. I cannot think of anything else that would provoke that restraining order other than she has become a risk to the baby. So, though I was really defending her while bloggers out there were persecuting her, I now have strong suspicions about her involvement in the disappearance of Kyron. There might also be something unusual about the whole foursome of parents, who knows what they all were into as a lifestyle? Maybe one of her relationships or associations was a really bad dude and that fifth party is the one responsible. All anybody can do is speculate anyway because the police won't give out enough information to form more accurate conclusions.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:53 pm

I think heard on NG tonight that tomorrow morning at 10am the 'family' (the remaining three) are going to have some type of press conference althou' they didn't call it that. Did anyone else hear this?

I'm wondering that if Terri still drinks and if now she's hitting the bottle real bad, maybe she was beyond drunk last Saturday night, flipped out at hubby, did something that maybe put the baby in danger - could that be a reason the judge would grant such a restraining order? The husband could have had it with the drinking and whatever else she did and left..... maybe? I don't know, this is the strangest damn case. I just pray that little boy is somehow still alive...
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 pm

I think NG said a "media meeting" at 10AM. I don't know if that is PST but assume (hmm) that it is. It was also said by that Matt Zorell with the high voice that drives me nut bar, that when LE asked Terri to go to the police station to question her on Saturday, that is when Kaine and the baby moved out. So, I would surmise this was planned by LE and Kaine?

One other thing, her cell pings came from that island in Portland which she denies being near. That raises red flags. Oops, one more thing. It was said on NG that this school is surrounded by farm land and it's a tiny school where everyone knows everyone else. There is only one way to get in and out of the school so the odds of a predator are slim to none.

I don't want to crucify this woman but so far, IMO, all signs point to Terri. I hope I am wrong and somehow, some way..she is innocent and Kyron (WHY do I want to call him Korman??) is alive.

Oops again, it was also said he has very poor vision which is rather evident in his pics.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Speaking of pictures, has anyone seen the pictures of precious Kyron on the link below? How absolutely darling he looks... crying

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003903.html?tag=page
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:04 pm

There is only one way to get in and out of the school so the odds of a predator are slim to none.

This cannot be correct. In our school, all doors are an exit, only one is an entrance and that one has a camera. There must be more than one exit according to fire code.
Turtle
Turtle

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 6 Empty Terri Horman posted comments on KATU.com

Post by Nama Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 pm

KATU News has been tracking postings by Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, on KATU.com’s comment section. While there are no bombshells in them it is the first time she has communicated publicly about her stepson’s disappearance.

KATU News traced her user ID to an e-mail address, which it then traced to a professional Internet profile in the name of Terri Horman. The account was set up well before Kyron disappeared.

In the postings, Terri defends herself against all kinds of accusations.

For example, five days after Kyron disappeared, KATU On Your Side investigators found Terri and her husband, Kaine, leaving their gym after a workout.

People commented about it and called her actions “unbelievable.”

Terri responded: “Wow. Unless you know all the details, the stress, the worry, the pain, you have nothing to speak of. You are merely making assumptions - you have no facts, details or knowledge to present so please refrain from your accusations,” she wrote.

She also responded to less significant matters like to people wondering why the couple’s Ford truck was towed from the Horman’s property.

Terri writes it was a mechanical issue. “If I may clear your mind … the truck was towed due to starter and is back at the property.”

In her longest post, about the church vigil for Kyron, Terri takes issue with a person who criticized the Horman family for observing the ceremony from a private room.

“Just so you can have the facts straight since I know personally … The family … went to the back of the church to watch and be part of the community - all together - mom, stepmom, dad, stepdad. …”

That was 11 days before Kaine moved out.

So far Terri has not communicated publically in any other manner.

She has come under increasingly more media and public scrutiny after Kaine filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against her on Monday.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97541389.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 6 Empty Terri Moulton Horman retains Portland criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze

Post by Nama Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Terri Moulton Horman has retained prominent Portland criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze as investigators continue to focus on her in the nearly monthlong disappearance of her stepson, Kyron.

Horman, who has been in seclusion at her Northwest Portland home since her husband, Kaine Horman, moved out with the couple's 19-month-old daughter, slipped past the crowd of television and print reporters at the foot of the driveway Wednesday. She returned home around 5:30 p.m. in a silver Volvo sedan with Houze, who got out to open a gate across the gravel road which had been closed for the first time.

Houze declined to answer questions, saying only that the drive was "private property." Houze left about an hour later.

Kaine Horman, who is living in an undisclosed location, has not responded to attempts by The Oregonian to reach him. Michael Cook, a friend from high school who earlier this month helped organize a vigil for 7-year-old Kyron, said he has spoken with him, but he declined to say how Horman was doing.

"It's sad," he said about the latest development in the case. "It's very sad. I'm just a friend. I hope Kyron comes home."

Cook, who has been at the Horman house Tuesday and Wednesday, urged the public not to prejudge anyone. "I'm not jumping to any conclusions or passing any sort of judgment," he said. "I don't know what happened to Kyron and I won't presume that someone is responsible because of how things might appear."

About 4 p.m. Wednesday, Cook drove up in a blue pickup truck laden with supplies for Terri Horman and her family and friends.

He parked among the 10 or so news vehicles hugging the shoulder on Sheltered Nook Road, dropped off a cooler filled with beverages -- an olive branch to the cameramen and reporters -- then drove up to the home and dropped off 12-packs of Coca-Cola and 7-Up, bottles of Arrowhead water, Hefty kitchen garbage bags, Quaker Chewy granola bars and catfood.

He declined to talk about the mood inside the home, saying he feared his words would be twisted

Terri Horman was served with the restraining order and divorce papers about 6 p.m. Monday.

Kaine Horman's petition for a restraining order, which must offer an explanation of why he feared his wife was a threat to himself and their daughter, was sealed by Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Keith Meisenheimer. It was sought after Kyron's dad, as well as his mom and stepdad, had been "fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation."

There were two 9-1-1 calls on Saturday from the Horman residence off Northwest Sheltered Nook Road.

The Bureau of Emergency Communications said the first call came in at 5:17 p.m. as a "threat" call. A sheriff's deputy responded. The second call was made at 11:39 p.m., regarding a "custody" issue, said Jacquie Carlson, dispatch spokeswoman.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, citing the ongoing investigation, has declined to allow the release of the 9-1-1 audiotapes.

A group of local news organizations, including The Oregonian, has requested that the petition for the restraining order be made public.

The restraining order says the stepmom can have no parenting time with her 19-month-old and restricts her from possessing firearms.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/terri_moulton_horman_retains_p.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Turtle wrote:There is only one way to get in and out of the school so the odds of a predator are slim to none.

This cannot be correct. In our school, all doors are an exit, only one is an entrance and that one has a camera. There must be more than one exit according to fire code.
Hi Turtle, the reporter may have meant the road going to and from the school. I just looked for the NG transcript from tonight and it isn't up yet. You brought up a valid point.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Now I really want to see the NG transcript as I remember the reporter saying that on Sat., LE called Terri to come down to the station to be interviewed again and that when she got home, Kaine and baby had moved out.

I was cooking while listening so it may be me.

Bottom line, this case is really a head scratcher. I do wonder if Terri has an alcohol problem which caused Kaine to believe he and their daughter were in danger. But I do have to agree with something that was said tonight on JVM. There must have been prior problems in their marriage for Kaine to "suddenly" up and file for divorce. They are seen hugging a few weeks ago and now he has a restraining order and is divorcing her? What Happened?? We all want to know! Mostly, where is Kyron?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:39 am

GRACE: OK. Marc, I want to go over a theory you brought up last night, and it`s not the first time you brought it up and it`s a very plausible theory, although in this case, I don`t see it. You`re saying the stepmother`s the last one to see him, Terri Horman. Now, let`s talk about the possibility that one of these 140-plus child predators were waiting in the wings. Break it down. That`s a great theory to just throw out there, to just toss it out and see if it sticks, but what are the practicalities? How would that have happened? How could that be? I mean, she already walked him to the door, practically, of his homeroom or his first class. How is this supposed to happen?

KLAAS: I have no idea how it happened, but one has to leave open that very, very narrow possibility that something else happened besides the stepmother having done it. Basically, she was within seconds of his disappearance, which means that she had to turn around and be outside the building before something happened, or something very silent happened and there was some pervert lurking in the wings somewhere.

And we have to remember it`s a very small school. There`s one road in, one road out. There`s one way into the parking lot, one way out of the parking lot.

GRACE: OK...

KLAAS: And for somebody to pull something like that off without being noticed by anybody is seemingly impossible.

GRACE: Well, I`m just -- and I`m not saying she did it. What I am saying is that I`m on a search. I`m seeking. I`m seeking the truth in what happened.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/30/ng.01.html

You were correct, Turtle.

Also, Kaine left Terri on Monday.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:35 am

Whenever I see the pictures of Kyron, I keep seeing a resemblance to the other little boy (Ethan Stacy) who was murdered by his stepfather (Nathan Sloop). Maybe it's the glasses... I don't know, but it's all so sad!! crying

If Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, a possible motive may be that Terri had a biological connection to two of the children (her daughter & teen son), but none to Kyron (although she had helped raise him). I wonder if there was some underlying resentment towards Kyron, which finally caused her to snap? I also wonder if maybe the teen son & Kyron didn't get along very well, and that may have caused some trouble as well! Lots of questions & not many answers... yet!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:36 am

I keep defending Terri and I don't have a clue why. Maybe it is I feel for the underdog and that seems to be Terri.

Those three that have banded together. BioMom, BioDad and Detective StepDaddy don't show me a lot.

They all let Terri take care of Kyron. She was his main caregiver. I realize he is missing on "her watch". But darn. What if she has done nothing wrong.

I have to look at my thoughts and question my loyalty.
I say to myself "Why the heck are you taking up Terri's cause, you know nothing?"

I seem to be in the minority because everybody is saying "crucify her on all the blogs". It is almost a lynch mob.

Maybe I just favor the shoven lamb?

I hope and pray that Terri had nothing to do with little Kyrons disappearance. My faith will be shattered.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:18 am

I have been hoping the same as you Jeanne. After all, it seems this woman has taken care of someone else's child and acted as a mother to him for many years---there must have been some goodness in the woman.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 am

Im with you as well Jeanne, if she's guilty she should pay, but there are a lot of things that dont add up.
I still want to know who conclusively saw Kyron at school that morning and at what time did they see him and where. Does anyone know this information?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 am

Missing Oregon Boy's Stepmom Hires Prominent Defense Attorney
By Elaine Aradillas

Thursday July 01, 2010 07:15 AM EDT

Terri Horman, stepmom to missing 7-year-old Kyron, has hired a prominent criminal defense attorney, nearly a month after the boy went missing from his Oregon school.

Horman, 40, has been secluded inside her Skyline Ridge community home about 15 miles outside Portland since her husband, Kaine, filed for divorce and served her with a restraining order on Monday.

On Wednesday afternoon, a caravan of cars – that included her father – was seen leaving her home. Horman was not seen among them, but was spotted returning to her residence around 5:30 p.m. with Stephen A. Houze, who has been practicing law for 35 years.

INSIDE STORY: Who Is Missing Oregon Boy's Stepmom?

According to Houze's Web site, his "practice covers a wide spectrum of serious criminal matters, ranging from death penalty defense, a major federal terrorism case, white collar fraud and environmental cases, drug cases, sexual assault cases, and professional discipline matters."

Horman has not spoken publicly about what happened on June 4 after she attended a science fair with Kyron. She told investigators she waved goodbye to Kyron as he walked to his classroom. That was the last time anyone saw the boy.

Kyron's parents Kaine and Desiree Young, along with her husband Tony, are conducting a press conference Thursday morning. I wish they would say when. It's 9:15 AM in Oregon right now so it should be w/in the next few hours. I hope HLN covers this live. It should be very interesting and hopefully will answer all the questions we have.

Jeanne, I know I shouldn't laugh but I cannot help it with your comment about the "shoven lamb". I have never heard that before. The way you cook, I envisioned you putting a lamb in the oven.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20398541,00.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Kyron's parents (biological) met with selected media this morning, took questions, took a break, will review them w/ investigators and will be back to meet with the same media again today with answers.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_search_family_mem.html
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 6 Empty Kyron Horman's mother, father review questions from news reporters

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Published: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 10:38 AM Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 11:54 AM
The Oregonian
Desiree Young, Kyron Horman's mother, left a note today for the boy outside Skyline School in rural northwest Multnomah County.
Photobucket

Kyron Horman's family spoke to the media this morning.

The missing boy's father, Kaine Horman, and mother, Desiree Young, invited a group of Portland news organizations to Brooks Hill Historic Church across from Skyline School. Horman said he and Young would talk about the search for Kyron.

He said he would take a short list of questions from each news organization, review them with investigators, then respond later today after a short break.

Kaine Horman served Terri Moulton Horman, Kyron's stepmother, with divorce papers and a restraining order. Kaine Horman has since moved out of the home he shared with his wife on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road, taking their 19-month-old daughter, Kiara, with him.

Both the divorce papers and restraining order have been sealed by Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Keith Meisenheimer. Multiple media outlets, including The Oregonian, have petitioned to make the restraining order public.

Terri Horman has declined to speak to the media. On Wednesday, Terri Horman slipped past the crowd of reporters at the foot of her driveway. She returned home at about 5:30 p.m. with prominent Portland criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze in tow. Houze stayed at the home for about an hour and later confirmed he was representing Terri Horman, but declined to comment further.

Kyron vanished from Skyline -- a small K-8 school in rural northwest Multnomah County -- after showing off his science project June 4.

A massive search for the 7-year-old boy ended quietly June 13. Searchers were unable to uncover any sign of the second-grader after 10 days of searching. The case -- which had centered on locating a missing child -- turned to a criminal investigation, with an offer of a $25,000 reward for tips that lead to finding him.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton vowed to keep looking.

Before he vanished from Skyline, Kyron visited his red-eyed tree frog exhibit at the science fair. At about 8 a.m. that day, his stepmother, Terri Horman, snapped a photo of the boy in front of his project.

He wasn't reported missing until that afternoon, when his stepmother called the school to say he had not been on the bus.

Kyron's disappearance stunned rural northwest Multnomah County. His face -- with a toothy grin and wire-rimmed eyeglasses -- now graces T-shirts, fliers, overpass banners and websites with the word "missing."

The search for Kyron became one of the largest in Oregon history, with more than 1,300 people from across Oregon, Washington and Northern California fanning out over a two-mile radius around the school. The area is wooded, hilly and filled with fields of tall grass.

Searchers also have focused on Sauvie Island, about a 6-mile drive from the rescue base camp on Northwest Quarry Road near the school.

-- The Oregonian

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_search_family_mem.html

Wow, they are really playing this close to the vest. And, I wonder if the letter is being watched over by LE??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 6 Empty Kyron Horman's mother, father beg step-mother to 'fully cooperate' in inquiry

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Published: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 10:38 AM Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 2:25 PM

Kyron Horman's father, Kaine Horman, and mother and step-father, Desiree and Tony Young, today begged the missing boy's step-mother to "fully cooperate" with investigators and shared their belief that the boy remains alive.

The three family members began meeting with reporters behind closed doors this morning. They did not answer questions about Terri Moulton Horman, the boy's step-mother, citing the ongoing investigation into Kyron's disappearance, but they expressed their belief that 7-year-old Kyron is still alive nearly four weeks after his disappearance.

They also released new physical information about the missing child. Kyron is allergic to bees. And he has a strawberry birthmark in the middle of his forehead that has faded, but reappears when he cries or becomes excited.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young invited a group of Portland news organizations to Brooks Hill Historic Church across from Skyline School. The family spoke to the crowd of more than a dozen journalists from behind a table with two teddy bears and three stuffed frogs.

Desiree Young said family members "lean on each other" to find strength during the ordeal. "We pray every day for a resolution."

"Our days are pretty much focused on Kyron." she said.

Family statement
"Kyron is still alive. We would like all of you, everyone, to continue to get his face out there, to continue looking for him in your day-to-day activities. We pray each day for Kyron. We are working with investigators daily to bring Kyron home. We are extremely confident in how the investigation is going to bring him home to us. We implore Terri Horman to fully cooperate with investigators to bring Kyron home."
They said they are very confident in the investigation and the investigators.

When asked about the family's belief that Kyron is still alive, Lt. Mary Lindstrand, Multnomah County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman, said: "That's what the family is going with. That's the premise law enforcement is operating under."

The news conference comes in the middle of a tumultuous week for the extended family.

Kaine Horman served Terri Horman with divorce papers and a restraining order. Kaine Horman has since moved out of the home he shared with his wife on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road, taking their 19-month-old daughter, Kiara, with him.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 pm

I don't get it? They think he is still alive? I wonder what they know that would make them so sure of it? Could She have hid him somewhere? Or given him to someone? I don't get it at all?
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:57 pm

mommyof3kids, I don't really think they know anything, they just don't want to admit aloud that he may be dead.

I don't think any parent would admit they think their child is dead, until the body is found. Then, they have to admit it. (except maybe the Ants)
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Kinda reminds me of Haleigh and Misty Croslin somehow.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm glad I was never a step-mom. My last husband had 3 kids, 14, 16 and 18, but they had their own mom and I never tried to be a step mom to them. The two younger ones came once a month, merely to see what they could get, but I didn't take my own 14 and 16 y/o's shopping, so they didn't get anything either. Their visits finally stopped after a couple of months. Thank God. If they had continued, I would probably have been blogged about on all the blog sites. His daughter did not like me, and I couldn't stand her. After the visits stopped, she didn't call her dad unless she wanted money, or for him to get her a car, or some other material things, but she never called him on father's day. Guess what!!!! She married a guy who has 2 boys, so now she is a step-mom. One of the boys lives with them, but the younger one still lives with his mom.

Thank God I don't have to see them any more, since we are getting a divorce some time in July. its all good
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 am

jeanne1807 wrote:I keep defending Terri and I don't have a clue why. Maybe it is I feel for the underdog and that seems to be Terri.

Those three that have banded together. BioMom, BioDad and Detective StepDaddy don't show me a lot.

They all let Terri take care of Kyron. She was his main caregiver. I realize he is missing on "her watch". But darn. What if she has done nothing wrong.

I have to look at my thoughts and question my loyalty.
I say to myself "Why the heck are you taking up Terri's cause, you know nothing?"

I seem to be in the minority because everybody is saying "crucify her on all the blogs". It is almost a lynch mob.

Maybe I just favor the shoven lamb?

I hope and pray that Terri had nothing to do with little Kyrons disappearance. My faith will be shattered.

Jeanne, I admire you for trying to believe the best about Terri - after all, she is innocent until proven guilty! And I agree that up until now, she has (seemingly) taken good care of Kyron. I guess we will have to wait & see what happens!
(BTW, what is a "shoven" lamb? Is that another word for "sacrificial"?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:37 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Rainbow thank you for understanding. I am really questioning why it is I am going against the current of those that think Terri is guilty of killing this child.

I just cannot wrap my mind around that no matter how many times it happens.

I guess what is boils down to is that I have never liked the "mob scent". Those going for the kill. It bothers me.

I too think innocent til proven guilty. Every single day and night I pray that that beautiful little boy is safe..somewhere. I look at my little grandson who is 7 and wonder if Kyron has freckles like my little guy does.

My wonderful came from Ireland as a young lass Mother In Law used to say "God Favors The Shoven Lamb". I always took it to mean somebody down and out. Somebody needing Gods love.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Jeanne - that is interesting to learn about the "shoven lamb". I've never heard of it before, but it sounds like a very meaningful phrase! Regarding Kyron, I agree with you that I hope & pray that Kyron is safe somewhere... and that he is found soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Kyron Horman: Timeline of events since boy's disappearance
Published: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 3:22 PM Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 11:59 AM
The Oregonian

Kyron Horman went missing Friday, June 4.
This is a timeline of events. The Oregonian's reporters and editors will adjust this account over time to add and adjust information.

Searchers have declined to provide some details of the investigation, including when school officials marked Kyron Horman absent on June 4. Here's a basic look at what happened on the day the second-grader disappeared from Skyline School and the following days:

Friday, June 4

8 a.m. Skyline Elementary, 11536 N.W. Skyline Blvd., opens early so students and parents can tour the science fair. A billboard outside reads: "June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45." Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show.

Terri Moulton Horman arrives shortly afterward with her stepson, Kyron.

8:15 a.m. Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.
8:45 a.m. Terri Horman leaves after watching Kyron walk toward his classroom after touring the science fair.

9 a.m. Kyron is seen by a student near the south entrance of the school, according to Sheriff Dan Staton, who says that was the last time the boy was seen. Multnomah County authorities later backtrack on that statement.

10 a.m. Classes begin. At some point, Kyron's homeroom teacher, Kristina Porter, reports him absent.

1:21 p.m. Terri Horman posts photos of Kyron at the science fair on her Facebook page.

3:30 p.m. Terri Horman goes to meet the school bus and discovers that Kyron has been absent all day. (Kaine Horman went with her to meet the bus, a fact that emerges during a television interview on June 25.)

3:46 p.m. Skyline School secretary Susan Hall places a call to 9-1-1 about Kyron being missing.

4:33 p.m. Officers from the Portland Police Bureau and the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office arrive simultaneously at Skyline School and the Horman home.

5:30 p.m. Rapid broadcast message from Portland Public Schools goes out to alert families of a missing student. The message: "Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today." It was broadcast to the phones of parents across the school district.

7 p.m. Multnomah County sheriff's Detective Sergeant Lee Gosson alerts Sgt. Travis Gullberg, the county's on-call coordinator for search-and-rescue efforts, of the need to begin a formal missing persons search for Kyron.

Between 7 and 7:15 p.m. The Multnomah County Public Information Officer begins to return pages from members of the media and arranges to meet them at the school.

Between 7 and 7:45 p.m. Sheriff Dan Staton personally calls the FBI to alert them to the disappearance.

8:09 p.m. The first search teams arrive at Skyline School.

8:15 p.m. Lt. Mary Lindstrand, the PIO, arrives at the school, meets with those present, and then begins e-mailing a photo of Kyron to local television stations and The Oregonian.

8:25 p.m. The search-and-rescue coordinator, Deputy Mark Herron, arrives.

9:48 p.m. Mountain Wave, an emergency communications and search and rescue group based in Gresham arrives on the scene.

10:40 p.m. Officers at Skyline Elementary report that they have completed a search of Skyline School, including all crawl spaces, storage areas, classrooms and outbuildings. They have also searched the Horman house.

10:44 p.m. A caller to 9-1-1 wants to make sure officers have checked the train tunnel in the area near the school. She says "sometimes kids play in there, wants to make sure someone has checked that."

Saturday, June 5

3:23 a.m. Last transmission of the night about Kyron recorded on 9-1-1 run sheet.

5 a.m. Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue, another search group, is called by the sheriff's office and joins the search soon after. When they arrive on site, there are already about 60 to 70 people involved in the search.

9:08 a.m. The Associated Press receives its first official notification that Kyron Hormon is missing, via an e-mail with the subject line: SHERIFF'S OFFICE CONTINUES SEARCH FOR 7 YEAR OLD KYRON HORMAN

Helpfindmychild.net, a UK-based missing child site creates a page for Kyron.

A tip line is created: 503-261-2847.

Noon: During a news conference, a sheriff's spokesman says the search for Kyron is still a missing-person case and not a criminal investigation.

The Portland Public Schools district uses its rapid broadcast system to alert staff and parents of Skyline School students that were at the school Friday to come to the K-8 on Sunday for debriefings by police and federal agents. The oldest students are advised to arrive at 10 a.m.; kindergartners and first-graders are to arrive with parents later in the day.

4 and 8 p.m.: Authorities hold two news conferences and announce that the FBI and the National Guard have joined the effort. Search-and-rescue crews complete an "immediate grid search" around the school.

10:23 p.m. Facebook page created for supporters of Kyron and his family.

Sunday, June 6

8.58 a.m. Terri Moulton Horman posts on Facebook to say she has ordered missing-person fliers: "I ordered 1000 fliers, they will be coming to our house. I will let people know when they are here and we can go from there. Thank you everyone."

The FBI announces that they have brought in a Quantico, Va.-based profiler to create a profile of the boy.

9:48 a.m. The first of 300 students and their parents return to Skyline School to be interviewed by detectives. Fifty detectives are on-hand for interviews that continue until 4 p.m.

12:10 p.m. Relatives begin distributing missing person fliers with a photo of Kyron and this description: 3-feet, 8-inches tall, 50 pounds, blue eyes, brown hair. Last seen wearing black cargo pants, white socks and worn black Skechers tennis shoes with orange trim.

1:29 p.m. Neighbors stop by Brooks Hill Historic church, across the street from the school, to mull over the investigation. "This kind of thing is unheard of," says Jim Kelley, 50.

3:30 p.m. Carole Smith, superintendent of Portland Public Schools, appears at a news conference and outlines a series of immediate steps the district is taking to address security concerns in the wake of the second-grader's disappearance.

9 p.m. The Multnomah County sheriff escalates Kyron's disappearance to a missing endangered child case, but does not call it a kidnapping.

Monday, June 7

Early a.m. Eighteen certified search-and-rescue volunteers resume sweeping the area near the school as deputies canvass the neighborhood, handing out fliers and jotting down license plate numbers of passing vehicles along Northwest Skyline Boulevard.

8:30 a.m. The school district staffs a counseling hot line at 503-916-3931 to answer questions or offer help districtwide.

8:45 a.m. Classes resume at Skyline School. Counselors are on hand.

Evening: Kelly Ramirez, the sister of Kyron's birth mother, Desiree Young, issues a statement thanking the community on behalf of the family for their concern and support.

Tuesday, June 8

Early a.m. Search and rescue crews resume looking, checking locations identified by phone tips and investigative leads.

Noon: Authorities offer briefing. They do not accept questions.

9:25 p.m. A Facebook support group for Kyron, Missing Kyron Horman, announces the creation of a reward fund.

"We are now working on a Paypal acct which will directly take your donations to the "Kyron Horman Fund" at Chase Bank. It will take Paypal a day or so to verify the acct and become active. If you prefer to wait until that time we will then place a donation button on the main homepage we have provided. We will keep you informed as to when that will be. It is our hope that this reward fund will prompt someone with the information police need to return Kyron home. I am sure the outpouring of well wishes, prayers and love sent by all of you is helping Kyron's family through this very difficult time."

Wednesday, June 9

Early a.m. Search and rescue crews resume looking.

Morning Terri Moulton Horman makes her Facebook wall private.

11 a.m. FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele says the Hormon family "is not speaking to the media because they do not believe it's in the best interest of finding Kyron."

Noon At a news briefing, Multnomah County sheriff's Capt. Mike Shults reads a statement from Kyron Horman's immediate family: "Kyron's family would like to thank people for support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued effort strengthens their hope. We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your properties -- cars, out buildings, sheds, etc. Also check with neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need in assistance in searching. There are a lot of resources here to help you search, so please don't stop. It is obviously a difficult time and they want to speak to the public so you can hear it from Kyron's family as they come together to share their message. Their objective is to keep the focus on Kyron and not about anything else."

9:45 p.m. Portland Mountain Rescue receives a call from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office to join the search.

Thursday, June 10

Early a.m. Search and rescue crews resume looking.

11:30 a.m. A Facebook support group for Kyron, Missing Kyron Horman, announces an update to the creation of a reward fund. You may now make a secure donation to the Kyron Horman Fund via PayPal. To do so visit his ChildSeek Network homepage.

Friday, June 11

Early a.m. The search resumes

10 a.m. The search expands to Sauvie Island

1 p.m. For the first time, Kyron's family appears at a news conference. Tony Young, Kyron's stepfather, says "We miss you, we love you and we need you home now." He then thanks all the volunteers and the community for its outpouring of support. He is followed by Kane Horman, Kyron's father, who also talked about how grateful the family is to the community and searchers.

Saturday, June 12

Early a.m. The search resumes.

The sheriff's office asks the public to hold back on further donations of food, water and other supplies for searchers because of the "sheer volume of supplies received at this point."

Sunday, June 13

Early a.m. The search resumes.

Noon The sheriff's office announces at a news briefing that the massive search for Kyron has ended and the case has been shifted to a criminal investigation. The search, which went on over 10 days, was one of the largest in state history, with more than 1,300 people from Oregon, Washington and Northern California looking for the boy. They checked a two-mile radius around Skyline School and also parts of Sauvie Island, which is about six miles from the school.

The sheriff's office also announces it is looking for any video footage of traffic on several different Portland-area roads in the general area near the school.

Finally, about 100 T-shirts with an image of Kyron's "missing" poster are distributed for free

Monday, June 14

While the large-scale search has ended, Multnomah County Sheriff's Office sends divers to Sauvie Island, where they can be seen wading in waist-high water off the banks of the Multnomah Channel north of the Sauvie Island Bridge.

Tuesday, June 15

Early a.m. The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office releases a photo of a pair of glasses that are just like the type Kyron was wearing when he was last seen.

8:45 a.m. The final day of classes for the 2009-2010 school year begins at Skyline Elementary.

Noon As a hail storm passes through the area, sheriff's Dive Team is spotted on a property near the Horman home. A sheriff's spokeswoman says the search of a pond on the property is routine, however.

3 p.m. At the school, parents begin to pick up their children. Among them is Beth Smith.

"I'm disappointed the year is over already because I think the kids need each other right now," said Smith, walking onto school grounds to pick up her 12-year-old daughter, who was Kyron's reading buddy. "She's still scared," Smith said. "Her whole security has been taken away from her."

3:36 p.m. Multnomah County Sheriff's Office releases a new version of the photo of Kyron at his school science fair. This version, created using photo editing software, shows what Kyron would look like without his glasses.

Throughout the day Thirty billboards with Kyron's picture and information begin to dot the metro area -- 10 in English, 10 in Spanish and 10 in Russian. The billboards were donated by Clear Channel.
Evening A vigil for Kyron is scheduled at Sunset Presbyterian Church.

Thursday, June 17

All day Rumors fire up social media sites with posters claiming Kyron's body has been found.

Friday, June 18

Noon Multnomah County Sheriff's Office releases a flier, asking parents and kids about June 4. The flier has photos of Kyron, Terri Moulton Horman and a picture of a pickup similar to the one she was driving that day.

2 p.m. Capt. Jason Gates says at a new conference that family approves the flier. He dispels rumors that Kyron's body has been found.

8:30 p.m. A friend of Terri Horman tells The Oregonian that she will go through a second polygraph on Saturday.

Sunday, June 20

9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Multnomah County authorities collect fliers from parents at Skyline

Monday, June 21

Kyron Horman's mother Desiree Young writes open letter to son.

Tuesday, June 22

A Wall of Hope at Skyline was created as a tribute to Kyron Horman.
School.

Thursday, June 24

Kyron Horman's family released three home movies and 200 new photos of the missing Portland second-grader.

Friday, June 25

Early morning Young and her ex-husband, Kaine Horman, appeared on four network morning shows to keep their son's story in the public eye. The two announced new details about the day 7-year-old Kyron Horman disappeared from school -- his father was working at home that afternoon and also met the boy's bus -- but they shed little light on the mystery of what happened to Kyron.

"It's like a portal opened up in the school and Kyron just vanished into it," said his mother, Desiree Young.

Saturday, June 26

5:17 p.m. The first of two 9-1-1 calls were made from the Horman residence off Northwest Sheltered Nook Road. The first call came in as a "threat" call. A sheriff's deputy responded.

11:39 p.m. A second call was made from the Horman residence. This call has been classified a "custody" issue.

At some point Kaine Horman moves out of the family home taking his 19-month old daughter with him.

Monday, June 28

Early morning The July 5th edition of People magazine begins to hit newsstands. The issue is the second to feature Kryon’s story. Larry Moulton, Terri Horman’s father, told the magazine that she’s been subjected to repeated interviews of up to six hours each and that the truck she was driving the day Kyron disappeared has been inspected twice by police.
When People asked him whether he thought his daughter would be arrested, he replied with tears in his eyes: “It’s 50-50.”

Afternoon Fox 12 reports that Kaine Horman had moved out of the family’s Northwest Portland home and had taken his and Terri’s 19-month-old daughter with him.

Later that afternoon Approached at her home in Northwest Portland by The Oregonian, Terri Horman denied a report by KPTV 12/Fox TV news that her husband and daughter had moved out. "Everything's good," she said, giving a thumbs up. "We heard that rumor. It's just a rumor that needs to be squelched. Everything's fine."

5:52 p.m. Kaine Horman, Desiree & Tony Young ask the Multnomah County Sheriff’s office to release a statement stating they were cooperating with the investigation. Step-mom Terri Horman’s name was absent from the statement.

Shortly afterward, media outlets in Portland get tipped off that Terri Horman had been served with a restraining order and a petition for dissolution of marriage at the family’s home.

Tuesday, June 29

A Multnomah County judge seals the restraining order against Terri Moulton Horman.

Wednesday, June 30

Terri Horman slipped past the crowd of reporters at the foot of her driveway and returned home at about 5:30 p.m., with prominent Portland criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze in tow. Houze stayed at the home for about an hour and later confirmed he was representing Terri.

-- The Oregonian

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

I don't remember if anyone else has posted this article before, but I thought it was quite an interesting summary of what has happened so far!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks for the summary of events.

To tell you the truth my heart skips a beat every single time I see something about that little boy with no front teeth and the little glasses on his nose..that little boy called Kyron. God Bless him.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:25 pm

I watched JVM today and she said something about TH lying but I couldnt watch the whole show. Does anyone know what specificly they were talking about?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 pm

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight an avalanche of dramatic and bizarre developments in the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman. The adorable child vanished four weeks ago today. KGW-TV reports that a reliable source tells them Kyron`s step-mom, Terri Horman, is lying to investigators and that her cell phone records show she was not where she said she was on the day that little Kyron vanished.

Plus, why did Kyron`s biological parents 86 two media outlets from the family presser yesterday? Don`t they want all the help they can get to find their precious stepson?

His step-mom, Terri Horman, was the last person known to see him. And now, even though she has not been named a suspect or a person of interest, she remains under a dark cloud of suspicion. What does Terri Horman know? Kyron`s biological mom called her out yesterday in an intense and emotional news conference.

More here:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/02/ijvm.01.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:19 pm

I read the transcript of JVM's show, and Im now more confused than ever. There is a thread of dysfunctionality that comes through with these people.
Not just the stepmom, but they all seem off to me.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 pm

One possible theory is that she may be totally innocent in the disappearance of the precious little one. She may not have wanted to divulge her whereabouts because of other reasons----for instance, fooling around with another man maybe?----buying from a dealer maybe?----and she was speeding to get someplace in a hurry----could it be she had to get home by a certain time so that nobody would suspect she was doing whatever she was doing and would be home when Kyron got off the bus? I know, no facts here, just how my mind happens to work and I am usually wrong when I visualize the possibles. crazy3
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:42 am

artgal16 wrote:I read the transcript of JVM's show, and Im now more confused than ever. There is a thread of dysfunctionality that comes through with these people. Not just the stepmom, but they all seem off to me.

I agree
The only one who seems to be deeply affected by Kyron's disappearance is the bio mom - the rest seem dazed & confused. They definitely are a strange blended family!

The one thing that stood out to me (from the timeline of events that I posted above), is that Gina Zimmerman (the president of the PTA) DID see Kyron & Terri at the science fair at 8:15 a.m. So, at least we know Kyron was at school (I've read comments that maybe he didn't even show up that morning)! The million dollar question is: How did the person(s) who took him manage to smuggle him out of the school so quickly & inconspiciously (sp?)?!? thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:16 am

Rainbow I too have wondered that. I have come to the conclusion that he either went with Terri or went with somebody he felt very comfortable with.

I have not cleared those houseboat neighbors I think their names are Paluma or something like that.

This whole thing is crazy. I had to smile watching the "gang of three" embrace. Hummmm I said..hummm.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:21 am

I don't think it would be hard for any one to take Kyron out of the school with no one noticing. Have you ever attended an affair at the school where anyone and every one is invited to attend. There are lots of adults mingling among the students, and even at our schools, every one has to enter through the front entrance, but you can exit any of the doors in the school. All the doors will open from the inside, but not from the outside. That is a law, in case of a fire, so the students can get out.

As many have mentioned, Kyron was a very good student, and he would have been very obedient to any adult giving him instructions. Remember, the school had assigned adults to 5 or 6 students to check out the fair. If an adult had told Kyron to go with him/her, I'm sure he would have obeyed.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:38 am

The one thing I simply can't wrap my head around is that "nobody" noticed the little guy missing.

C'mon the teacher saw his bookbag and jacket on his chair in his classroom and never noticed "he never returned"??? All day for heavens sake.

Then he was to be in some kind of play..who played his part when he didn't show up?

I cann't believe not one single person in that whole school teachers, buddies, assistants didn't notice Kyron was gone.

That just baffles me to no end.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm sure the teacher noticed that he never returned to class, as, at some point she marked him absent. But, if she noticed his jacket and book bag still there, WTF didn't she call his home at that time?

I think she is like a lot of the teachers in our schools, at the end of the school year, they just want each day to be over and done so they can go home.

This school seems to be very backwards, and far behind the schools in our area. Our local elementary school, which is K-5, only has a little over 350 students, but they had cameras inside and out, every visitor has to enter front door, and sign in before they can have access to the school. Also, any absent student's contact number gets an automatic voice mail advising that their child did not arrive at school.

This school system needs to get updated, and soon.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Alas, it has usually taken a kidnapping/murder in the area before schools have gotten on the ball and created strict measures within a school. This was true in our area. Before that tragedy, they were extremely lax about who entered the school and left it.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:15 pm

And here, back in our day..we had none of that. Heck, even my son's didn't have any type of security system..nor would you get an automatic phone call if they did not show up for class.

I agree that it is very strange that no one noticed Kyron's backpack sitting on his desk all day. My question would have to be: Did he in fact, ever enter the classroom? This is what I am confused about. WAS the science fair THE day he went missing? NG was confusing me the other night w/the timeline of that pic and when it was taken, as she said that Terri had pasted it on her facebook.

I think there are many holes in this sad saga that we evidently are not aware of. I have to wonder if the family is or if LE has connected the dots.

And, Jeanne..your comment about the three taking the pic made me giggle.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Concerned I agree with all you said about the safety precautions. But even at my grandkids special days there is no accountability as we enter or leave to watch a play or an awards show.

It's like they shut down during those times and all bets are off.

And with that in mind. I have seen 11 year old granddaughter who thinks she is a big shot at school say I am going to the bathroom. The one she uses every single day.

But those nights are sooooo different. We don't know who is using those bathrooms because we don't know who is in that school.

I am telling you with everything we see on these blogs I am getting paranoid with these little ones.

Yesterday daughter and her husband and the three little ones went camping for the weekend...yes I know it is our anniversary and that is a long story too..sigh.. anyway I was on the phone telling her of all the dangers in a campground.

Am I losing it?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Jeanne, I know what you mean about being overly protective with our grandchildren. But, times are much different now than we raised our children.

My 13 y/o granddaughter went to the community pool with a friend today around 1:30pm. She called her mom to come pick her up because there was a 40ish man following her everywhere she went. When she was in the pool, so was he. When she was lying in the sun, so was he.

Around 3pm, when she had to go to the bathroom, she called her mom to pick her up because she was afraid to leave the pool area, in case he followed her again. Her friend thought she was crazy, and made fun of her for being scared of him. But, I keep her up dated on all these cases we are following and I think she understands now, that you can't be too careful.

When Nicole got to the pool, Dakota was standing ourside waiting for her, and the guy was also standing outside, not too far from Dakota. Dakota said he never said anything to her while they were outside, but Nicole had plenty to say to him when she arrived. He said he hadn't even noticed Dakota, and she asked him why then was he following her everywhere she went.

She won't go to the pool with a friend again, unless an adult is along. Nicole thought the other girl's mom was going to be there, but she just dropped them off and went shopping, telling them she would be back around 5pm.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Concerned wasn't she one smart little girl for 13 years old. Glad your daughter called him on it.

Creep.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Whatever is this sheriff talking cold case after just one month. And they have nothing?

Somebody is pretty smart..somebody evil.

This from the Oregon Live today.

The Oregonian front page for July 3, 2010.

Mystery surrounds the June 4th disappearance of Kyron Horman. The boy seems to have vanished without a trace. But in an interview with Oregonian staffers Helen Jung and Kate Mather, the Multnomah County sheriff has offered some new information about the investigation itself.

The massive search, for instance, hasn't yielded a single clue about what happened to the boy. The sheriff, Dan Staton, has dedicated all but one of the agency's detectives to the case. The investigation so far has cost taxpayers $300,000, prompting cuts in other areas of the agency.

"Ultimately, if we are unable to find Kyron, this could turn into a cold case,” Staton acknowledged. “At some point I’m going to have to make a final decision that this has got to move in a different direction. But right now the way I’ve got it set up, and the way I’ve been working with investigators and the FBI, the other agencies, we will downscale appropriately based on their availability (and) the funding sources.”

“I don’t put a dollar figure on a child... and I won’t do that,” Staton said. “I will employ whatever it is that I have available to me to try to locate a child or someone that is vulnerable.”

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/07/todays_headlines_bill_for_kyron_horman_investigation_reaches_300000_frank_colacurcio_sr_seattles_inf.html

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next