Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify?

+10
Wrapitup
Love4My5boys
Nama
TerryRose
laga
cherylz
adelacruz
Bombshell
artgal16
lisette
14 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify? - Page 10 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify?

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:16 pm

I want to try to think under what circumstances this could have been an accidental drowning - not with George involved just Casey - but it doesnt make any sense because of her phone calls and instant messages that day, I dont get a scenario where Casey was in a state of panic about anything. If it was Casey alone there and Caylee drowned - Casey should have been in a panic, she wouldnt have been calling and messaging who she was. If she killed her in cold blood
then the messages and her calm demeanor make sense. Am I making sense?

artgal16

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify? - Page 10 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify?

Post by Nama Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Where is everyone? I just got back on and see no comments on the thread for an hour.....
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Bombshell wrote:I had company... and fixing my hair...
Forget the hair, shave your legs.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Im here with BJ and Bomb over 1 1/2 hours today in sidebars -Melich in the hall - dont know if he is still there
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:39 pm

There are no allegations so far of abuse from anyone other than Casey. Groan! another sidebar
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:47 pm

I was here earlier, but had to go to see about my Mom...Back now...Did I miss anything major?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:51 pm

I've been gone, too, lisette. Sounds like it's been a morning of sidebars and we haven't missed much.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Lee Anthony broke down in tears on the witness stand during his sister's first-degree murder trial on Friday, recalling how Casey and their mother refused to acknowledge Casey's obvious pregnancy to him until three days before she gave birth.

Casey, 25, is charged with later killing daughter Caylee and dumping the 2-year-old's body in woods a short walk from the Anthony home in the Orlando area. Prosecutors say Casey smothered her daughter with duct tape.

Defense attorney Jose Baez told jurors that Caylee accidentally drowned in the family's backyard pool on June 16, 2008, and suggested that Casey's seeming lack of remorse afterward was a result of having been sexually abused by male family members.

Casey's father, George Anthony, has denied molesting her.

In response to paternity questions from Baez last week, an FBI expert said DNA samples from both Lee and George were tested and excluded them as possible fathers of Caylee. Jurors did not hear that testimony.

Baez also has suggested to the jury that there was something strange about the family denying Casey's pregnancy almost until her due date.

Called as a defense witness, Lee on Friday said he noticed Casey was pregnant in early to mid-2005 when Casey exited the bathroom they shared at the Anthony family home.

"When I went in, she was coming out. I could see her mid-section and she was showing," Lee testified. Lee said he remarked, "'Excuse me. What the hell is that?' She kind of just waved me off."

Lee said he confronted his mother, Cindy Anthony, within a day or two. Cindy previously has testified she thought Casey was just putting on weight or experiencing some bloating.

Lee said the next time he saw clearly that Casey was pregnant was later in the year when she picked him up at the airport. Lee said Casey's belly was "far enough out to where I knew she was not just putting on weight."

Lee testified that "regrettably" he did not visit Casey in the hospital after she gave birth to Caylee in August 2005. He began to cry when asked by Baez to explain why.

"I was just angry at everyone in general, that they didn't want to include me or felt it important to tell me, especially since I had already asked," Lee said.

Baez pushed Lee for any other reason he did not go to the hospital. Lee said there was no other reason.

Earlier in the morning, over state objections, Baez tried to ask Cindy whether she and George had experienced marital problems.

Judge Belvin Perry asked Baez how that line of questioning fit into the defense theory of the case involving accidental drowning and sexual abuse. After a long jury break and a lengthy meeting between attorneys and the judge at his bench, the issue was dropped.

Baez also made several attempts on Friday to punch holes in the prosecution's case.

The shorts found with Caylee's skeletal remains in December 2008 became a point of contention.

For Baez, a video of Caylee wearing the shorts more than a year before her death made the point that Caylee might have outgrown them by the time she died. Cindy testified she hadn't seen Caylee wear those shorts in the months before her death.

However, prosecutors showed that Caylee had slimmed down and stopped wearing diapers, making it possible that the shorts still fit.

Baez attempted to shore up his theory of accidental drowning through several pictures showing Caylee climbing the pool ladder, which normally was removed for safety when not in use. But prosecutors got Cindy to acknowledge that Casey always insisted Caylee had been kidnapped by a nanny and never mentioned drowning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 pm

So, CM is trying to cast aspersion on LE again...I thought that we had a pre-trial hearing about this, and it was denied...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:58 pm

I have forgotten who Linda Tinelli is...They were trying to get her to surreptitiously record the Ants?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Oh, I just checked and found out that Linda Tinelli was a volunteer at one of the command centers...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:06 pm

So this woman is going to say that she saw duct tape at one of the command centers? Big deal!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Time to throw RK under the bus now. This would as a citizen make me very wary of reporting a fact/item in Re: a possible crime scene.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 pm

It makes me so mad that Ofc. Richard Cain didn't investigate Kronk's August calls thoroughly! If Caylee had been found then, so much more could have been determined about how she died and when she was placed there.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Richard Cain was a lazy so and so who didnt do his job.
Whenever there is close scrutiny in any business or organization you will find a lot of people do their jobs in a mediocre or careless and sloppy fashion.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:44 pm

I remember that Richard Cain is also the officer that responded to the stolen gas cans report by GA...Wonder why the defense didn't try to cast suspicion on him?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 pm

LDB should have asked: Is the reason that you didn't ask for Kronk's computer is because, with what you had already found out from his cell phone records and interviews, you had no reason to investigate him further?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm watching it on orlandosentinel.com
it's still in session, artgal.

Last edited by BJ on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:56 pm

BJ wrote:I'm watching it on orlandosentinel.com
it's still in session, artgal.
had trouble with that stream as well.
Bombshell
Bombshell

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Bozo says they will finish by next Wed. or Thurs. State will take 1-2 days for rebuttal. Not prepared to give time needed for closing arguments...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Baez will be "shocked" to find out he has all the things he says he doesnt have when he finds them on a disc
that he was given 3 years ago -he is such as ass really
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Bozo is shocked that they have not received some of Kronk's phone records and none of the Ants except KC's...LDB is saying that they are probably on a disc that they have provided, but she will check and compare what they have with what Bozo has....
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Instruction about Rodriguez that never returned to finish testifying...Ashton says that the one suggested by the defense is not accurate, that Dept. of Defense will not allow him to testify in these proceedings.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:12 pm

JA just explained why Rodriguez could not testify. He did not get permission from the Dept of Defense, it is against their policy, and they saw him on TV. They called JA and informed him that if he testified, he would be terminated from his job with the Dept. of Defense.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:14 pm

What is this about Rodriguez? They were told if he
testified he would be fired? Why? Anyone know anything about this?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Yeah, cherylz, I saw that look when Bozo said, "We will" in response to JA's "Bring it on"...It was like: "You told him, honey!"
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Talking about lesser charges that either side might want to include in instructions to jury...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Defense is filing a motion for dismissal. JP saying that it is an evidentiary hearing, so has to be more than lawyers "flapping their jaws." Bozo will let court know when they are ready to argue motion.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Art, this is the explanation that I got from JA:
He did not get permission from the Dept of Defense, it is against their policy, and employers saw him on TV. They called JA and informed him that if he testified, he would be terminated from his job with the Dept. of Defense. JA shared that in chambers with JP and defense. JP could have held him to testify, but the defense didn't want to "ruin his life" so they let him go.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks wow, thats really interesting. I didnt catch all the possible verdicts that JP gave I have to watch the end again to hear what he said - I dont know what an interlocking verdict is.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next