Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify?

+10
Wrapitup
Love4My5boys
Nama
TerryRose
laga
cherylz
adelacruz
Bombshell
artgal16
lisette
14 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify? - Page 18 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify?

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:41 pm

1:39

Tony Pipitone:
Yes, Dominic Casey, Jim Hoover, John Allen are all in the wings.

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify? - Page 18 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify?

Post by lisette Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Bozo opts to do a short proffer even though JP reminded him that he is not required to...Doesn't want to get called on the carpet again...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:58 pm

This is so boring!! I doubt the jury wants to hear this. They have heard enough forensics. Bring on DC, Kronk, George..and let's get the defenses b.s. finished so the State can rebut.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:07 pm

I posted the link to the D Casey interview from Jan 2009 upthread in case anyone wants to read it if they call him this afternoon.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:32 pm

I wish the 3 psych experts had found her insane. We all know she is nuts. She could have stopped this charade then and plead guilty. I know, I know, then we would not have vengeance for Caylee, but I truly believe this gal is nuts. duct and run
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Vinnie on InSession is saying the defense has filed a motion for mistrial based on DP rulings.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:35 pm

She is nuts. But she does know what she has done is wrong. The defense should have had the competency hearing 3 yrs ago. They also should have had KC in treatment a long time ago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:38 pm

The PI's are defense witnesses will their testimony
help the defense I wonder? I dont think Jim Hoovers will
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:41 pm

"Counsel reasonably believes that Ms. Anthony is not competent to aid and assist in her own defense and is incompetent to proceed," stated the two-page motion filed in court Saturday.

The details of the privileged conversation between Anthony and her attorneys were not part of the public record released this morning.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry responded that same day by ordering forensic psychologists Dr. Harry A. McClaren, of Chattahoochee; and Dr. Ryan C.W. Hall, of Lake Mary; as well as psychologist Dr. Daniel Tressler, of Altamonte Springs — to evaluate Anthony at the Orange County Jail.

The psychologists determined Anthony is competent to stand trial.

Each was asked to look into Anthony's ability to consult with her counsel with ration understanding, as well as a rational and factual understanding for the proceedings.

The doctors also evaluated her ability to understand the legal process, disclose pertinent facts to her attorney regarding the proceedings, behave appropriately in court, and testify relevantly.

Perry ordered the doctors to submit a written report to the court. That medical report is sealed, but not the motion requesting the psychological evaluations, Perry said.

Sources said the defense today filed a motion for a mistrial, possibly based on last week's ruling by a federal judge ruled thatFlorida's process for imposing the death penalty is unconstitutional.

The motion is not publically available, but Perry has a copy. It's unclear when the issue will be heard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:42 pm

artgal16 wrote:The PI's are defense witnesses will their testimony
I don't think either will. If DC says a psychic told him to go to those woods and the abandoned house, I think the jury will laugh out loud!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
artgal16 wrote:The PI's are defense witnesses will their testimony
I don't think either will. If DC says a psychic told him to go to those woods and the abandoned house, I think the jury will laugh out loud!
The jury might misunderstand and think DC is talking about a psycho instead of psychic telling him to go to the woods and the house.....
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Baez asks if trash (or garbage) in back of car for 3 weeks could account for compounds discovered? Furton says could be contributors
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Wow, Bozo is really screwing up. Some of the questions he is asking on re-direct are ridiculous. Example: "That trash looks pretty clean for 3 college students, doesn't it?" WTH??? JA is having a field day w/Bozo!!

How much longer will this go on? I think the jury "gets it".
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 pm

I hate to agree with anything the defense says - but Casey is really starting to see off to me. She seems more and more detached as days go by. That face she made in that last outburst was really scary.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Casey has always seen "off" to me. I think she probably hasn't slept much. She was too busy talking to shrinks.

I cannot wait to hear Dr. Drew's take on this.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 pm

lindamarie wrote:Baez asks if trash (or garbage) in back of car for 3 weeks could account for compounds discovered? Furton says could be contributors

Oh my LORD.....enough already, put Casey on the stand!!

hahaha, I think she wants to testify and this is why they went for incompetence...? If it was simply a ploy...wouldn't she have been able to fool at least one of those guys? Testifying relevantly is the only one of those points that seem compelling enough....WOW. That would/will be a heartstopper!

:-)

Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:42 pm

3:33

ClickOrlando.com Editor:
We've just obtained a copy of the defense's motion to have Casey Anthony evaluated to determine her competency to proceed. I put a link to it in today's story: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:43 pm

What the hell? Bozo: The person wasn't a very good shot, huh? In ref: to the tobacco spit. I think Bozo has been wine drinker
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Sounds like they are leading up to the infinite private investigators. LB just made a point that they worked for the defense and then the Anthony family.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:03 pm

He is the one that video taped Dom Casey looking for Caylee's remains shortly before she was found...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Now, it gets good!!!! I am so glad LDB brought up the fact that DC worked for Bozo.

Hoover is a nervous wreck!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 pm

I can understand why the court reporter can't understand him...It is hard to follow him because he talks so fast.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:10 pm

This testimony is crucial to the defense if they want to try and say the Caylee remains were not there when Hoover and Casey went in to the woods.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Trying to show that Caylee was not on Suburban Drive when they were looking in Nov., or possibly that LE was lax in following up on the tapes and did not search the area ?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:14 pm

4:10

Tony Pipitone:
This is the defense starting to point finger at Kronk. If the remains were not there in November, someone had to move remains there. Problem is Local 6 plotted where they were standing in video and it was over 100 feet away, if I recall correctly.
Tony is correct. They were in the right vicinity but missed it by just feet away.

Am dying to know just HOW DC got this "tip".
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony~ Thread#2 (June 23-June 27). Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made some of the computer searches. Casey was evaluated by 3 forensic psychologists to determine if she is competant. She IS! Will she Testify? - Page 18 Empty Crazy or crafty

Post by Nama Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The young Orlando mother has managed to do it again.

On Day 29 of her high-profile trial, Casey Anthony has seemingly shocked both legal analysts and trial-watchers alike.

The 25-year-old underwent a competency hearing over the weekend after she reportedly suffered some sort of "breakdown" Friday night.

Based on communication with her attorney, sources say the 25-year-old's state of mind was called into question.

On Saturday Casey's defense team filed a two-page motion to conduct a competency hearing to see if she could continue with her trial.

Part of it read, "Counsel reasonably believes that Ms. Anthony is not competent to aid and assist in her own defense and is incompetent to proceed,"

10 News legal analyst Jay Hebert said, "The defense has an obligation to make sure their client is competent."

After a two-day examination, two forensic psychologists and a psychiatrist deemed she was competent.

Each doctor examined Casey's ability to talk with her attorneys in a rational manner of understanding. Casey was also examined to see if she could understand the proceedings as well.

The doctors also investigated Casey's ability to fully understand the legal process. They also looked at the way Casey behaves in court and whether or not she could testify in a relevant way.

Judge Belvin Perry asked the experts to submit to the court a written report of the findings.

This begs the question: is Casey crazy, or is she crafty and working the system?

On Monday morning, those in the courtroom say Casey was in an overly jovial mood. Some trial-watchers even described her as "flirty" as she sat at the defense table.

She was seen giggling, then laughing openly at one point, and raising her eyebrows up and down while she listened intently to a member of her defense team.

Monday's Casey was in sharp contrast to Friday's Casey. On Friday, the young woman was especially emotional during court proceedings after her brother, Lee, and her mother, Cindy, both testified about Caylee.

It all began when photographs of Caylee in the family swimming pool were shown.

Cindy broke down as she described the pictures in detail. Then, Lee began sobbing on the stand as he told jurors that he felt left out of the family when Casey was pregnant.

"I was not included," he sobbed.

Casey was also seen crying as she listened to her family's testimony. Those watching the trial say that Casey's emotions, which have been labeled many times as "crocodile tears," seemed to be genuine this time.

It was clear that Casey was affected by what she was hearing and seeing.

The news of Casey's competency hearing was released first thing Monday morning after an abrupt recess on Saturday.

Court ended early over the weekend, and no one could figure out why. The million dollar question has now been answered.

Dr. Daniel Tressler examined Casey late Saturday evening. Dr. Harry McClaren interviewed her Saturday evening and Sunday. Dr. Ryan Hall examined her on Sunday.

The details in the reports are sealed. The only information released was the fact that she could continue in her trial.

10 News legal anaylst Jay Hebert said, "This trial is taking its stress on the Anthony family, specifically Casey. But, there's no first degree murder case that's held that doesn't take stress out of a person."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:20 pm

The state doesn't object to entering first 20 seconds. The judge allows a 3 min. recess for Baez to show Hoover the video in full.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Bozo told DC, "If you find Caylee's body, don't call 911, call me." I cannot wait for either Ashton or LDB to bring up that piece of information, although it will be struck from the record.Who cares? The jury will still hear it. Fingers Crossed
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next