Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Plumadore,39, who bludgeoned 9 yr.old girl to death, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon before dismembering her is spared death penalty. He has plead GUILTY/Update: 06/18/12: Sentenced to Life w/NO Possibility of Parole!

+6
Nama
Wrapitup
Praying For Faith
lisette
raine1953
artgal16
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Michael Plumadore,39, who bludgeoned 9 yr.old girl to death, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon before dismembering her is spared death penalty. He has plead GUILTY/Update: 06/18/12: Sentenced to Life w/NO Possibility of Parole! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Plumadore,39, who bludgeoned 9 yr.old girl to death, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon before dismembering her is spared death penalty. He has plead GUILTY/Update: 06/18/12: Sentenced to Life w/NO Possibility of Parole!

Post by artgal16 Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Well one thing I do want to hear is the grandmothers opinion now of this wonderful family friend who murdered that dear little girl with a brick and cut her up.
They are all crying again - Im sick to death of these families crying after they have made terrible decisions and not protected their children. Its criminal neglect of some kind. These children just cant keep turning up dead - almost one a week - probably more. Something has to be done but I dont know what.

artgal16

Back to top Go down

Michael Plumadore,39, who bludgeoned 9 yr.old girl to death, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon before dismembering her is spared death penalty. He has plead GUILTY/Update: 06/18/12: Sentenced to Life w/NO Possibility of Parole! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Plumadore,39, who bludgeoned 9 yr.old girl to death, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon before dismembering her is spared death penalty. He has plead GUILTY/Update: 06/18/12: Sentenced to Life w/NO Possibility of Parole!

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:42 pm

9 Year Old Aliahna Lemmon Murdered and Dismembered

Posted on December 27th, 2011 by Jan Barrett

A 9 year old little girl with the cutest face and smile fell victim to yet another sick person. Aliahna Lemmon was killed by the man her parents and neighborhood completely trusted that was babysitting her and her two younger sisters in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

39 year old Michael Plumadore admitted to the police that he killed the little girl. According to the affidavit on December 23, Aliahna’s mother, Tarah Lee Souders reported her daughter missing. Reports show that Souders’s three daughters had been staying with Plumadore for about a week, since she had the flu and her husband worked nights and needed to sleep during the day.

When police interviewed Plumadore on December 24th, he told them that the last time he saw the child was just after 6 am on the 23rd of December sleeping in a chair in his living room. He said that around 10:05 that morning the other two girls, ages 6 and 8, told him that Aliahna had left his home with her mother and that wasn’t aware that she never went with her mother until about 8 p.m. that night.

On December 26th the police interviewed Plumadore again at which time he freely admitted to killing the little girl. He told the police that he struck her in the head multiple times with a brick while she stood on the front steps of his home early Thursday morning, December 22, 2011. He said he carried her body inside and placed it inside a few trash bags and stuffed her into a freezer. After dark that night he decided to dismember the body by using a hack saw, He said he placed small pieces of the body into freezer bags and later threw them out in a dumpster at a nearby business. He kept the head, hands and feet inside the freezer at his home though where the police found them on Monday.

This confession came to the child’s family as a surprise. Aliahna’s grandmother appeared on HLN’s Nancy Grace’s show and defended Plumadore saying she didn’t believe he could harm Aliahna who was reported to have suffered from attention deficit disorder and emotional problems.

The trailer park where the family lives has about 42 mobile homes in it and according to the records there are 15 sexual predators that live there. Strangely enough Aliahna’s grandfather, James Lemmon was one of them until he died on December 3, 2011. Plumadore was taking care of the grandfather also in his home until the man died from emphysema. According to neighbors, no one thought anything was wrong with Plumadore babysitting the children since the family had known him for three or four years. No one would have ever suspected this of him.

Plumadore was in court Tuesday for a preliminary charge of murder. He is being held without bail or bond. He is scheduled to be back in court on December 30.

I have been sitting here the last few days thinking about cases like this. When I heard about this one it blew me away. It makes me ask, “What is going on? What is wrong with people? How can anyone do such a thing to another human being, especially to a defenseless child?”

I pray that Aliahna didn’t suffer too much when her life was taken. There are no reports that I can find saying what made this man kill her but as far as I am concerned there is no reason good enough to kill a child. A child certainly can not be a threat to anyone. They have no chance when an adult goes after them like this. They simply can’t defend themselves. Like Zahra Baker, she never had a chance. Caylee Anthony never had a chance. None of the other children out there that were taken and murdered had a chance against an adult.

This time of year makes this even harder. It is a time when the children should be laughing and playing and enjoying their life. They should be sitting next to their Christmas tree on Christmas morning opening their gifts that Santa brought them. They shouldn’t be lying in a dumpster somewhere in parts. It just breaks my heart.

I am still praying for the little ones that are missing and the families that are being forced to go on with their lives for the sake of the remaining siblings in the home. My heart goes out to those families. It has to be so hard to put on a front for the other children when in your heart you are grieving for the missing child. I can’t name them all but the two that I followed so close was Adji Desir and Haleigh Cummings. I want the families of these two and all the others that are missing to know that even though I don‘t mention them by name as much, I have not forgotten them and I never will. They are always in my prayers. May God be watching over them, where ever they are.

Please join me in my prayers that the year 2012 will be a better year and that the children in this world will be safer and protected more so no harm will be done to them. God bless the children, they are the future of our world!

Jan Barrett

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jan just said it all!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Last updated: December 27, 2011 5:39 p.m.
Neighbors say family regarded suspect as father figure
Patrick Svitek | The Journal Gazette

Several residents of Northway Mobile Park on Tuesday described neighbor Michael Plumadore as someone who "was always happy dealing with" 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon and the rest of her family.

Plumadore, 39, appeared in court Tuesday morning on a preliminary charge of murder, accused of killing Lemmon last week.

According to court documents filed in the case, Plumadore struck the little girl in the head with a brick while she was outside his trailer early Thursday morning.

This Plumadore described in the court documents was not one some neighbors seemed to know Tuesday afternoon.

Northway resident Jerri Smead said in his occasional interactions with Plumadore, the man was always happy dealing with the Lemmon family, frequently walking Aliahna to a nearby bus stop and running errands for her ailing grandfather, James, until he died earlier this month.

In July or August, Plumadore quit his job in North Carolina to return to Fort Wayne at the request of the Lemmon family, Snead said. Other residents confirmed the Lemmons at the time viewed Plumadore as a father figure who could help out as James Lemmon's health worsened.

Snead said Plumadore's primary role was to "go and check on Shorty" from time to time, using the nickname by which James Lemmon was known.

Northway resident Mike Tulley agreed Plumadore and the girl's grandfather had built up a sturdy rapport. Tulley said he witnessed that healthy relationship when James Lemmon and Plumadore would sometimes do laundry in Tulley's trailer together.

Although James Lemmon was always more talkative, nothing about Plumadore ever struck Tulley as unusual or threatening, Tulley added.

"He kind of kept to himself," Tulley said, adding James Lemmon had occasionally admitted to him that he would have to put Plumamdore "in his place."

Tulley said these infrequent conflicts stemmed from James Lemmon wanting to do too much – such as run errands himself – as his health deteriorated and Plumamdore interfering, telling the man he should rest instead.

"Everybody's personality's different," Tulley said. "I knew that they had some tiffs before because Michael tried to control him. … Jimmy always put him back in his place. 'This is my trailer. If you don't like it, there's the door.' "

However, Tulley added he only heard of those accounts secondhand and does not believe they were frequent or severe enough to prompt a serious crime.

Other residents of the north-side trailer park said they barely knew Plumamdore but were shocked by his involvement in Aliahna's death.

"It just made me sick," said Northway resident Terri Smith. "It made me so sick."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:13 am

The Aliahna Lemmon Tragedy: Were Red Flags Present?
December 28, 2011 05:20 AM EST

The slaying of Aliahna Lemmon is a tragedy that marks the 24th homicide in Allen County, Indiana and will remain on the minds of many for a long time. Were there red flags that could've prevented this horrible end to a beautiful life? It seems that something different could have become of this young girl's life had she not been living in what is referred to as a "haven for sex offenders."

Although the man who murdered Aliahna Lemmon isn't a "registered" sex offender, Mike Plumadore does have a criminal record that spans throughout a few states. He's been a petty criminal, but he's also had a violent charge on his record as well. Ordinarily, the things this man has done in his past aren't really markers of a brewing criminal mentality bound to snap in a horrendous way. True, the man was certainly no "good boy" and he definitely had problems with authority and the boundaries of those he wronged. But what could possess this 39-year-old man of senselessly murdering a nine-year-old girl?

It just makes no sense that Mike Plumadore dismembered Aliahna Lemmon. Coroners have released a graphically detailed report revealing that the young child was "systematically dismembered" and discovered in two different locations. He had cut her into pieces and stored the remains in separate freezer bags. One location was the dumpster at the very convenience store he was reported to have purchased a cigar the night before little Aliahna was reported missing.

The latest stories about Plumadore reveal a rocky sort of existence at the trailer park where this all occurred. He had lived off-and-on in the park, and had grown close to Aliahna's grandfather -- who just happened to be a registered sex offender according to this website. So herein lies a question: In a trailer park deemed by locals as a "haven for sex offenders" and a grandfather convicted of child molestation in 2006, was Aliahna ever safe?

What happened to Aliahna Lemmon may have been preventable

It's apparent that there is an income problem involved in this issue. It's a lower class trailer park in a poorer side of town. It isn't like Aliahna's mother and stepfather had the means to move to a place free of any of the problems that come with these type of areas. Nonetheless, it seems as though these children (Aliahna and her sisters) weren't really ever safe.

It's been said before and it should be said again: Having the flu isn't a really good reason for leaving your kids at a neighbor's house for a week, especially if that neighbor is this rough-looking single male who you really don't know that well. It's kind like dumping your kids off at a daycare for a week because you need the "me" time. This is also during the holiday season, Christmas. So what the hell gives?

Plumadore was referred to as "Uncle Mike" by Aliahna and her sisters. He babysat them most of the time. He helped their mother out, according to neighbors -- but they don't clarify how the man was helping Souders out. Was "Uncle Mike" babysitting the kids all of the time, or was he helping her financially? Taking care of chores that she or her husband didn't do? How did Mike Plumadore help the mother of Aliahna Lemmon when he brutally bludgeoned, beat and dismembered the nine-year old child?

Mike Plumadore is listed in Florida as an absconded fugitive, but it's likely the state of Florida will never have their man. He's probably going to face a stiff penalty in the state of Indiana for the crimes that he confessed to and described in great detail to officials. It's a shame that everything came to this. A little girl is dead who was "emotionally and mentally disturbed," who had a grandfather convicted of sex crimes that lived right next door to her and her little sisters. She had hearing and sight problems and suffered from other issues. She was given the short end of the stick from day one it seems, and it also seems that a lot of this could've never happened had she been taken care of a little more closely by those who actually cared about her.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:17 am

Published: December 28, 2011 3:00 a.m.
‘Silent Night’ vigil echoes with anguish
Dominic Adams | The Journal Gazette

Around 50 people behind her had just finished singing “Amazing Grace” and started to sing “Silent Night” during a candlelight vigil Tuesday. The crowd gathered at Redline Honda, walked across the street and stopped in front of the memorial just a few feet from the scene of Aliahna’s death, which was blocked off with police tape.

When the crowd reached the fourth line of the song and softly sang “Holy infant so tender and mild,” Souders’ crying turned to heavy sobs.

A man came up and hugged Souders, said a silent prayer for her and walked away. David Story, Souders’ stepfather, then wheeled the grieving mother away.

The somber gathering ended as quietly as it began in about 15 minutes.

Aliahna died a violent death in the early morning hours Thursday, and police say it was at the hands of the man who had been baby-sitting her and her two sisters.

Michael L. Plumadore, 39, had been watching the girls for a week at his home in the Northway mobile home park near Diebold Road and North Clinton Street while Souders recovered from the flu and because her husband works nights and sleeps during the day.

Plumadore told police Monday night where to find Aliahna’s remains, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Acting on what Plumadore told them, police went to two locations – the trailer he was living in and a convenience store about a mile away.

Surveillance video at Phil’s One Stop Marathon, in the 10000 block of North Clinton Street, showed police stopping in front of the Dumpster about 9:20 p.m. Monday and hauling it away on a flat-bed tow truck about 25 minutes later.

Aliahna’s stepgrandfather said at a candlelight vigil Monday that the girl suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder brought by abuse she suffered on two different occasions last year in Iowa. Story said the people who were responsible were caught by police, but he had no other details.

He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble. Aliahna also had a history of sleepwalking and vision and hearing problems and had attention-deficit hyperactive disorder, her family said.

“This was a child with the face of an angel,” Story said Monday before he knew Aliahna had been killed. “She truly believed everybody had good in them, it just had to be found.”

Brandi Mossburg lives with her two children less than 100 yards away from where Aliahna lived and where she was killed.

She heard about the girl’s gruesome death while she was at work.

“It made me tremble,” Mossburg said. “Some tears came out. I felt for them.”

Aliahna was a third-grader at Holland Elementary in Fort Wayne Community Schools.

Although most parents, students and staff will have known about her death when they return to school Jan. 5, district spokeswoman Krista Stockman said the school principal would likely send out a letter addressing the tragedy.

The district will provide counseling for staff and students who need help dealing with their grief or shock, Stockman said.

“Obviously this is a horrific tragedy,” she said. “The school will definitely feel the loss of Aliahna. She was a sweet little girl. … Our thoughts are with her family.”

Mossburg’s 7-year-old son, Adam, played with Aliahna at the bus stop.

Aliahna and a group of other kids who lived in the park played in a vacant lot adjacent to Mossburg’s trailer.

“She was just like the rest of them – always smiling,” Mossburg said of Aliahna.

She said she will always remember Aliahna for her pretty freckled cheeks – beauty marks, Mossburg called them.

Though she felt safe knowing Plumadore was in jail, Mossburg said the mood in the neighborhood was different.

“I told my co-workers I kind of didn’t want to go home because of the feeling around here,” she said. “It’s kind of numb.”

As she watched national news reports about Aliahna’s death late Tuesday, Mossburg decided she’ll move her family out after she gets money from her tax return.

“It’s just too close to home,” Mossburg said. “It’s just too crazy to be around here.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:32 am

Aliahna’s stepgrandfather said at a candlelight vigil Monday that the girl suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder brought by abuse she suffered on two different occasions last year in Iowa. Story said the people who were responsible were caught by police, but he had no other details.

He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble. Aliahna also had a history of sleepwalking and vision and hearing problems and had attention-deficit hyperactive disorder, her family said.

That poor little girl! crying What a horrific life she must have led at the hands of adults!
I envision her and Zahra happily playing together, free from all these monsters!!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:34 am

The parents need to have the other two children taken from them - they obviously do not take proper care and protection of their children. This shouldnt be,
someone has to take responsbility for how these children have lived. If they dont, the fate will be the same for the other two little girls.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:36 pm

I picked up this article below - but I dont know what state Boone is in - it seems that he was a sex offender

A man now charged with the unspeakable murder and dismemberment of a 9-year old, girl, has a history in Watauga County. Sheriff Len Hagaman said that Michael Plumadore was in Watauga in 2007 and 2008, and was arrested here as a fugitive from Indiana. The Sheriff said Plumadore was found in what was the “Domestic Violence and Sex Offender Registry Verification” by warrant and sex offender check, and was here November 29th of 2007 to January 22nd 2008. This week, Plumadore is charged with the murder of 9-year old Aliahna Lemmon, who was brutally killed. MSNBC quotes police as saying that 39-year-old Michael Plumadore admitted to investigators that he bludgeoned her to death with a brick, then dismembered her. The girl came into contact with Plumadore when her mother, Tarah Souders, moved her three young girls to a trailer park in rural Indiana to help take care of a dying relative, who died December 3rd. The park of about two dozen homes was teeming with convicted sex offenders according to the network, with one living at nearly every address. While in Boone, Plumadore listed 302 West King St. as his address—the former location of the Hospitality House.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:48 pm

I went all over that website trying to find the name of the State and I couldnt find it - maybe I didnt look in the right place.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks for posting that -so North Carolina he also had a record - as well as being wanted in Florida. He met the grandfather in prison - where the grandfather was a sex offender. What a bunch of worthless good for nothings!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I looked thru' the registry in NC and I couldn't find him. I tried a couple of others and couldn't find him there either. confused
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Artgal, the warrant was from Indiana and this is what I found: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The offense was: FORGERY,COUNTERFEITING,APPLICATION FRAUD
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:19 pm

This is where I got the above info from:
Sex & Violent Offender Registry
You might want to read the first page, if I'm reading it right it does not really mean the person is a sex offender but is a violent offender thrown on the same list as the S.O.'s. Now I'm more confused
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks Raine - I think then he probably was never arrested before for a sex offence.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:42 pm

That's what I'm thinking althou' it sure is confusing.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:12 pm

artgal16 wrote:I went all over that website trying to find the name of the State and I couldnt find it - maybe I didnt look in the right place

Artgal, I looked at the weather tab and it showed Boone in North Carolina, not far from Hickory, NC, the area that Zahra was killed in. When I saw blueridge and Boone, I figured it had to be North Carolina. I think you all have figured this out by now, but the map just shows the area, if you are still interested. Just move the map around, Hickory is just southeast of Boone on that map.

I am confused about just who's grandfather is the sex-offender. I am just lazy and do not want to go back and read all of the articles. So enlighten me someone. rocking smile

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Aliahna's grandfather was the SO- her mothers father was a convicted sex offender. He was in jail with Mike Plumadore that is how they met. He went by the name of Shorty Lemmon - later when he got ill with emphysema Plumadore came from NC to help take care of him.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:39 pm

I still suspect that he sexually abused Aliahna and she threatened to tell on him, especially now that the step-grandfather came out and said that Aliahna had been sexually abused twice before in Iowa last year.

That poor little girl and I hope the other two girls are taken from that mother. I never sent my kids away when I had the flu, I just had to take care of them and also had to keep them quiet when my husband was working 3rd shift, so he could sleep. We just adjusted and did what we had to do.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:46 pm

:thanks: Artgal,

I understand now. Well, I would not have allowed my children around their grandfather or his friends at all, period.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:06 pm

So she suffered from PTS from being sexually abused then moved to Indiana to an area full of sex offenders?
over reaction
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Praying For Faith wrote:I still suspect that he sexually abused Aliahna and she threatened to tell on him, especially now that the step-grandfather came out and said that Aliahna had been sexually abused twice before in Iowa last year.

That poor little girl and I hope the other two girls are taken from that mother. I never sent my kids away when I had the flu, I just had to take care of them and also had to keep them quiet when my husband was working 3rd shift, so he could sleep. We just adjusted and did what we had to do.

I agree, he molested her for sure! It's so infuriating, the mother knew about sex offenders, apparently first hand, then she put her child in a place where she was vulnerable to being abused and more than once! angry

BBM.....PFF, that's because you are a parent, a mother, a loving soul, not anything like the not-moms we read about on here!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:57 pm

There's not a doubt in my mind he sexually abused her. I would bet that wasn't the first time and I think, due to her emotional and mental history, she went "off" on him..most likely DID threaten to "tell", and he killed her..then didn't know what to do..remembered Zahra Baker (especially if he lived in Boone, NC) and decided to cut her up..just typing those words makes me sick!

This "mother" is NO mother..who in their right mind puts your child w/someone like this degenerate who has a record a mile long? Who moves to a trailer park or home surrounded by sex offenders? She had the "flu"? Big whoop! Deal with it! That's what parent's do..you're sick but you still have to take care of your kids. And, it's Christmas..what mother would not want their child with them during the holidays? Flu be damned!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:59 pm

By OLIVIA KATRANDJIAN
Dec. 28, 2011

The baby sitter charged with killing a 9-year-old girl who had disappeared from an Indiana trailer park will appear in court Friday, the first chance prosecutors will have to explain why he allegedly killed and then dismembered the girl's body.

Michael Plumadore, 39, "freely admitted" that in the "early morning hours" last Thursday, he struck Aliahna Lemmon in the head multiple times with a brick "while she was standing on the front steps of his residence," according to a police affidavit.

He later dismembered her body and kept her head, feet and hands in his freezer, according to the affidavit.

He allegedly put the girl's body in several trash bags and stuffed her in a freezer until nighttime came. He worked past midnight dismembering Aliahna's body with a hack saw, the affidavit states. He allegedly put the pieces in garbage gas and tossed them in a Dumpster of a nearby business, but kept her head, hands and feet in his freezer.

The FBI has asked the girl's family members not to speak to the media. Neighbors also declined to comment.

The Allen County prosecutor's office declined to comment, except to confirm the police affidavit submitted to the court Tuesday.

Police Affidavit Contains Michael Plumadore' Confession

Plumadore shuffled into court for his initial hearing Tuesday, manacled at this feet and hands. He was ordered held without bail, police said. He was escorted by two Allen County police officers. There were additional officers in the courtroom for extra security.

Plumadore did not tell police why he killed the young girl.

Plumadore, who had been babysitting Aliahna and her two sisters for a week because their mother was ill, initially told police that he has last seen Aliahna sleeping in his trailer on Friday but didn't alert police to her disappearance until Friday night because he believed she had gone home to her mother.

Allen County Sheriff Ken Fries said the girl's body was found after 9 p.m. Monday night.

According to the girl's relatives, Plumadore had been taking care of and living with Aliahna's grandfather, James E. Lemmon, until he died on Dec. 3, 2011, the AP reported. Plumadore was living in the grandfather's trailer at the time of Aliahna's death.

"[Plumadore] was a trusted family friend," Aliahna's step-grandfather, David Story, told the AP.

James Lemmon was 66 when he died, and had an extensive criminal record, including convictions for child molestation in 2006 and was a registered sex offender.

Plumadore was arrested after his third interview with police, Cpl. Jeremy Tinkel told ABCNews.com.

Fries said Plumadore has a criminal record in North Carolina and Florida.

The tragic discovery came the same day that police announced that the FBI had joined the investigation and candlelight vigil was being held for Aliahna in Fort Wayne.

A page had been set up on Facebook for the missing girl called "Find Aliahna Marie Maroney Lemmon Missing from Fort Wayne, Indiana." On Sunday, the group posted, "Merry Christmas Aliahna where ever you are! We won't give up on you!"

"No kid should be missing Christmas!" the post read.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:02 am

FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- The father of a 9-year-old girl who was found bludgeoned and dismembered said Wednesday that he knew the man accused of killing his daughter and had no reason to distrust him.

"I can't talk about it because I'm still coping with it. It's too hard to talk about," Dawayne Maroney of Centerville, Iowa, said in a brief telephone interview with The Associated Press, adding that the gruesome slaying has him overcome with grief.

Maroney said he hadn't recently talked with his daughter, Aliahna Lemmon, or her mother, because they frequently changed their phone number. Maroney said he knew the man accused of killing his daughter, 39-year-old Michael Plumadore, through his daughter's mother, Tarah Souders.

Maroney said he trusted Plumadore.

"I had no reason to suspect anything," he said.

Plumadore faces a preliminary charge of murder. He made a brief initial court appearance on Tuesday where he was ordered held without bond. He is due back in court Friday morning. According to a probable cause affidavit, Plumadore admitted to killing Aliahna in the early morning hours of Dec. 22 by repeatedly striking her in the head with a brick.

Court records do not show that Plumadore has an attorney yet, said Danielle Edenfield, Allen County prosecutor's office chief investigator. The Associated Press asked the Allen County Sheriff's Department to pass along a request to Plumadore seeking an interview.

Also Wednesday, Allen County Coroner E. Jon Brandenberger said he won't be able to determine the cause of death for Aliahna until further tests are completed, including microscopic findings and toxicology results.

"All of which are integral parts of the autopsy and all of which play significant roles in the accurate determination of the cause of death," he said.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Plumadore told authorities he put the girl's body inside trash bags and put it in a freezer in the trailer he lived in that formerly belonged to the girl's grandfather, who died earlier this month. Plumadore told authorities that later that day and early on Dec. 23 he used a hack saw to dismember the girl's body.

Brandenberger said parts of the girl's body were found in a trash container outside a convenience store – the same store where a surveillance camera video showed Plumadore went early Friday to buy a cigar. Plumadore told authorities he hid her head, hands and feet in the freezer at her grandfather's trailer.

In Indiana, Aliahna's family remained quiet a day after gruesome details of her death were revealed by authorities. Aliahna Lemmon's step-grandfather, David Story, told The Associated Press that the Allen County Sheriff's Department and the FBI told family members not to talk to anyone about her death. He says they didn't give a reason.

"They just said any questions needed to be directed through them," Story said.

FBI agent David Crawford said agents had told the family they would prefer it if they didn't speak to the media. Sheriff's department spokesman Cpl. Jeremy Tinkel said his department hadn't ordered the family not to talk, saying it didn't have the power to, but confirmed deputies had told the family they would prefer it if they didn't talk to the media.

"We're not their attorney and we certainly can't put a gag order on anybody. I think they were told it may be in the best interest of protecting the integrity of the case to limit what you say," he said.

Tinkel and Edenfield said they could not comment on a possible motive for the murder.

"I can't comment on a pending investigation," Edenfield said.

Maroney said he plans to attend the funeral, although he doesn't yet know when it will be. The Daily Iowegian in Centreville ran a story that it was helping to raise money to help Maroney attend the funeral
source
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:07 am

This guy met the SO grandfather in prison,but yet the family had no reason to distrust the guy???? What am I missing here? Also even if the mom had the flu it doesnt last for a week????
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 am

There is a step father in this story somewhere - but no one has heard from him. He is the one that sleeps days and works nights. The father of the girl gave a short interview. His last name is Maroney - the girls mothers maiden name was Lemmon and that is the name that Aliahna used. The mothers married name is Souders so where is he in all of this? The grandmother has remarried and his name is David Story. The father in his brief interview said it was hard to get a hold of his ex-wife - (if they were even married) as her phone number changed a lot. I guess they had a lot of money trouble - but there is nothing about the stepfather at all.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:51 am

One of the problems I have with Plumadore's story is him saying he killed Aliahna on the steps of the trailer. The pictures posted here show a wheelchair ramp up to the door of the trailer and the trailer houses on both sides are very close. I just don't understand how no one heard what was happening. Was it that the attack happened so quickly she never had a chance to cry out?
This is just another of our stories that are so sad and so unexplainable.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:56 am

I dont think we can believe anything he says - we still dont know the arrangements in that trailer while those girls were there for a week. They said Aliahna slept in that red chair - where did the other children sleep? I think he molested here in the trailer possibly strangling her thats why there was no noise. I dont believe he did anything outside - hes a liar.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:59 am

This is interesting information on Mike Plumadore:

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Michael Plumadore,39, who bludgeoned 9 yr.old girl to death, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon before dismembering her is spared death penalty. He has plead GUILTY/Update: 06/18/12: Sentenced to Life w/NO Possibility of Parole! - Page 2 Empty Nancy Grace Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Plight of Murdered Girl

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:15 pm

By Alex Weprin on December 29, 2011 10:01 AM

The name Aliahna Lemmon has not been a regular one on most cable news channels, but her plight caused HLN host Nancy Grace to cut her vacation short and come into work to cover the story. Lemmon was a nine year old girl who went missing and was subsequently found murdered and dismembered.

“My heart broke when I heard about 9 year old Aliahna Lemmon,” Grace tells TVNewser. “That she was partially blind and deaf made her even more vulnerable. I went into the show hoping that somehow we could help.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:51 pm

artgal16 wrote:This is interesting information on Mike Plumadore:

I am assuming from reading at that link it was Aliahna Grandfather that molested her in Iowa?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:53 pm

No I didnt get that out of it - I read it was two men in Iowa and that Aliahna herself turned them in.
The grandfather was sick in Indiana that is why the mother moved there - to take care of him - that at least is the story.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:35 pm

A man came up and hugged Souders, said a silent prayer for her and walked away. David Story, Souders’ stepfather, then wheeled the grieving mother away.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What is wrong with the mother she was wheeled away????
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Reminds me of the Celina Cass case where the mother was in a wheel chair and then later, she wasn't????? confused
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Our view: Resolve to get more involved
December 29, 2011 3:42PM

Aliahna Lemmon was only 9 years old and it was only three days before Christmas when she was murdered in a series of acts so horrific that it strains the bounds of good taste to describe them in even general terms.

Police say a neighbor in a Fort Wayne mobile home park — entrusted to care for Aliahna and her younger sisters because their mother was sick — has confessed to beating to death the little girl and then dismembering her body.

It’s natural in such cases to ask questions of how and why.

How can someone do something so heinous to a child? Why is such violence so common, even against the youngest and most vulnerable members of our society?

The responses to such questions are unsatisfactory ­— no answer can adequately account for humans’ incredible capacity to hurt one another. The better questions begin with “what” and “who.”

What can we do as individuals to help families and children in need? Who is living in hurt and isolation near our homes, places of business and houses of worship? What steps can we take as a community to better protect children and to help meet their families’ needs?

How we answer such questions — and whether we even ask ourselves such questions — helps define us as a society and as individuals. We can read of cases such as Aliahna’s and either turn away in horror and disgust, or vow to get involved in helping others in need.

A terrible crime was committed against a child in our state. That crime should only deepen our resolve to help nurture and strengthen the children around us.

— The Indianapolis Star
Bravo
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Suspect in girl's slaying had criminal past
December 29, 2011 11:44 AM
Alicia Banks

Sub: Court records: Michael Plumadore drifted from Gastonia to Kings Mountain, Grover

The man accused of clubbing a 9-year-old Indiana girl to death is a former Gastonia and Kings Mountain resident and has a criminal history in the area.

Michael Len Plumadore, 39, lived in Grover and Kings Mountain during the early and mid-1990s, according to court documents. According to the man’s own Facebook page, he attended Hunter Huss High School in Gastonia in the late 1980s before heading off to a community college in Indiana.

Plumadore also reports on his Facebook page that he is “self-employed and loving it.”

While he had several run-ins with local law enforcement, none of them come close the level of violence and brutality in the current accusations.

On March 10, 1992, Plumadore was found guilty of causing damage to personal property and being intoxicated and disruptive. He was ordered to pay $150 for damages to a Kings Mountain police car, Cleveland County court records state.

At the time of the charges, Plumadore lived on the 900 block of Second Street in Kings Mountain. He lived on the 100 block of Ben Davis Road, Grover, when he faced three simple assault charges in 1996.

Court records show that the district attorney dismissed the assault charges.

Plumadore confessed Monday to bashing Aliahna Marie Maroney Lemmon in the head multiple times, according to Indiana police and sheriff’s deputies. The incident happened Thursday, three days before Christmas. Detectives from the Allen County (Ind.) Police Department found dismembered body parts at Plumadore’s residence.

During an interview with police, Plumadore allegedly admitted to cutting Lemmon’s body with a hacksaw between Dec. 22 and 23. He placed pieces of her body in freezer bags. Plumadore said he disposed body parts in a nearby Dumpster, according to police. Detectives found a human head in the home’s freezer, according to court documents.

Flying under the radar

In Kings Mountain, a man who said he lived in the area for 40 years had never heard of Plumadore. He lived across the street from Plumadore’s former residence.

Cpl. Jeremy Tinkel of the Allen County Sheriff’s Office in Indiana said Plumadore is still being held without bond in the county’s jail. He didn’t release any new information regarding Lemmon’s killing.

“We don’t want to compromise the integrity of the case,” he said.

Tinkel said Lemmon’s mother and family members were notified of her death.

Plumadore’s next court appearance is set for Friday, when the formal felony charges he will face — if any — will be read aloud.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Did Aliahna die in a 'sex offender ghetto'?
By Stephen Loiaconi
updated 1:38 PM EST, Thu December 29, 2011

14 sex offenders live in same trailer park as murdered girl's family

Aliahna's grandfather had been a registered sex offender
Neighbors say suspect cared for girl's sick grandfather before his death

One of the startling details revealed early in the investigation into Aliahna Lemmon’s disappearance was how many registered sex offenders lived in the nine-year old girl's small Fort Wayne trailer park ... almost half the homes included a person on the Indiana database.

Although the neighbor and family friend who was arrested for Aliahna’s murder, Michael Plumadore, was not one of those registered offenders, 14 current residents of the mobile home park are, according to Indiana’s sex offender registry. And there are six more within a two mile radius of the park.

Put in context, that means that nearly 3% of all registered sex offenders listed in the city of Fort Wayne are residents of that one trailer park. And it only has around 30 occupied units.

A family connection

There had actually been one more sex offender in that park until earlier this month, when Aliahna’s grandfather died. Court records indicate that James E. Lemmon was convicted of child molestation in 2006. According to court documents, Lemmon pleaded guilty to repeatedly molesting a girl who he babysat between 1996 and 2003.

Neighbors say Plumadore cared for Lemmon in the final months of his life and had moved in to his home. One neighbor told the Journal Gazette that Plumadore saw Lemmon as a father figure.

Another neighbor said that Plumadore lived with James Lemmon intermittently over the last four years and that he spent a lot of time with Aliahna and her sisters.

“Most of the time, he’d stay there and take care of the kids and help Tarah [Aliahna’s mother],” the neighbor told the Journal Gazette.

According to the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel, another resident said nothing he ever observed about Plumadore led him to believe the man was capable of murdering and dismembering a child. Aside from Plumadore doing an extra load of laundry on Friday, this resident says he did not see any change in Plumadore's behavior after the alleged murder.

Also see: Nancy Grace's interview with Aliahna's grandmother

Sex offender 'ghettos?'

There are growing concerns nationwide that laws intended to protect children from abuse are creating dangerous fallout. Residence restrictions can leave offenders with few legal living options. They can end up together, in concentrated areas that become known as “sex offender ghettos.” Like many other states, Indiana has restrictions on where sex offenders are allowed to live. A 2006 law prohibits them from residing within 1,000 feet of a school, youth center or park.

After that 2006 law was challenged, the Indiana Supreme Court determined that offenders who lived within those restricted areas prior to the passage of the legislation would not be required to move because that would be an unconstitutional form of “retroactive punishment.”

Child advocate worried

One father who became a crusader against child predators after his daughter was murdered is concerned that residency restrictions, while well-meaning, have inadvertently established clusters of sex offenders such as this trailer park that put smaller communities at risk.

“There’s no question that these residency restrictions…do in fact endanger certain populations,” Marc Klaas said Wednesday.

Klaas, who founded the KlaasKids Foundation after his daughter Polly was abducted and murdered in 1993, noted that in some states, city planners are able to use these restrictions to push sex offenders out of their communities. This creates the danger of potentially forcing them into more rural and isolated areas where there may not be as much of a law enforcement presence.

"Those offenders have much more leeway to commit mayhem," Klaas explained.

He pointed to the Julia Tuttle Causeway in Miami as an example of what these laws can lead to. CNN reported in 2009 that five homeless sex offenders were living along the causeway under a bridge because the county’s restrictions left them with no place else to live.

Klaas, a strong supporter of other measures like sex offender registration, also warned that by forcing many offenders into one area like this, "you're giving them a much greater ability to network with each other."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:31 pm

This probably isn't a popular opinion, but I would prefer the pervs be clustered. If they're all in one place then LE knows right where to find them and people know not to move into that particular area with their children.(the people with any sense that is.)
If they are spread to the winds any where and every where... then they are right next door to you and I.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Despite the confession, the little girl's grandmother, Amber Story, stood by Plumadore.
'I don't care what anybody says. Mike did nothing to her. He loves those girls,' she told the News-Sentinel.

From the link Wrap posted above: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Unfreakinbelievable, that grandmother STILL says this guy didn't do anything to her own granddaughter?????
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:52 pm

OMG raine, that is unbelievable and I agree with you 100%.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:23 am

Coroner: No Details in Aliahna's Brutal Death
By Peter Neumann

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) --- Forensic experts now much more now about how she died, but offer few details.

A complex autopsy on 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon has been completed by Allen County medical examiners.

Wednesday afternoon, Allen County coroner Dr. Jon Brandenberger released this statement:
"The external examination of the remains of Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon was completed at the Northeast Indiana Forensic Center late this afternoon.

The cause of death will remain pending further investigation and further examination of microscopic findings, as well as toxicology results, all of which are integral parts of the autopsy and all of which play significant roles in the accurate determination of the cause of death.

Certain portions of autopsy results are considered closed medical information and will not be available for public disclosure. The investigation is being continued by the Allen County Police Department, the Allen County coroner's office, the Allen County Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:31 am

raine1953 wrote:Despite the confession, the little girl's grandmother, Amber Story, stood by Plumadore.
'I don't care what anybody says. Mike did nothing to her. He loves those girls,' she told the News-Sentinel.

From the link Wrap posted above: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Unfreakinbelievable, that grandmother STILL says this guy didn't do anything to her own granddaughter?????

RaineMichael Plumadore,39, who bludgeoned 9 yr.old girl to death, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon before dismembering her is spared death penalty. He has plead GUILTY/Update: 06/18/12: Sentenced to Life w/NO Possibility of Parole! - Page 2 Agree11 Even after he confessed to killing her grandmother still thinks he innocent! I'm wondering if her first husband (sex offender)had anything to do with Aliahna's emotional issues?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:01 am

Why 14 Sex Offenders Live Where Aliahna Died
By Megan Trent
By Rachel Martin
December 28, 2011
Updated Dec 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM EST

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Many people were shocked to hear that 14 registered sex offenders live in the mobile home park where 9-year-old Aliahna was brutally murdered.

Even some Northway Mobile Home Park residents didn't realize that more than a quarter of the property's 54 lots are occupied by sex offenders. Although Michael Pluamdore, the man preliminarily charged with Aliahna Lemmon's murder, is not a registered sex offender, Aliahan's grandfather, who died earlier this month, was. Kathleen McKee said she is one of those residents who didn't realize who was living in her neighborhood.

"It's ground zero for them. They've got to live somewhere and this is the place they've chosen to live. And I did not really know that until I moved in. But now that I do know that, I know where to go now--away from here. My kids are my number one concern of my life and I'll do whatever I have to do to keep them safe," McKee said.

The high concentration is due to an Indiana law commonly called the 1,000 foot rule. The legislation requires sex offenders on the state's registry to live at least 1,000 feet away from schools, youth centers, and public parks.

Detective Cpl. Mike Smothermon with the Allen County Sheriff's Department says that naturally leads to a clustering of sex offenders in other residential areas.

Schools, youth centers, and parks are often found in the middle of towns or cities, where affordable housing is more abundant. Since sex offenders often have trouble finding employment due to their criminal background, they are forced to look for more affordable places to live outside the heart of the city or town in order to steer clear of schools, parks, or youth centers. In many instances, there are very few low cost options. Therefore, when an affordable residential area is found that meets all the requirements, sex offenders tend to cluster there. Sometimes they even live with one another as roommates to lower the cost.
Of the 14 registered sex offenders in the area, most of them are charged with incidents involving children, such as child molestation, sexual misconduct with a minor, or child pornography. Because of this disturbing information, it was reported that one family with young children moved out the night Aliahna Lemmon’s body was found.

McKee said with the number of sex offenders in combonation with Aliahna's murder, she is moving back to her hometown of Muncie, Ind.

"We're moving. I can't. I'm not going to be around this. I'm not going to subject my children to this. It's not fair to them, it's not fair to us as a community. We're all living here. This is our home. You can't be safe in your own home anymore? That's not fair," McKee said.
Sometimes, says Smothermon, the living options are so limited sex offenders end up breaking the registry rules. "We see in large part that they (offenders) try to be compliant, but when we keep telling them, 'No, you can't live here - it's too close to a school. No, you can't live there - it's too close to a park,' I think that they get frustrated, and some of them become non-compliant."

If you know of a registered sex offender who is not being compliant with the registry rules, you can submit an anonymous tip at americasmostwanted.com.

To find out where sex offenders in your area live, check out the state or national sex offender registries. Both are located on the Allen County Sheriff's Department's website. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The website listed above also gives you the opportunity to sign up for customized email alerts. If a sex offender moves into your area, you will be sent an email detailing who the offender is, what crime they committed, and where they are moving. You can also access the sign up page directly click here.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:14 am

The community gathers again to honor girl who was brutally killed
Updated: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 11:41 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 11:41 PM EST

Megan Reust
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - Ever since Monday's discovery of the remains of Aliahna Lemmon, the 9-year-old who was brutally killed a week ago, people in our community have been trying to find closure.

Thursday night, people organized another candlelight vigil by the trailer where she was murdered.

"We've been reading about this in the papers and over the internet and it has hit close to home to us with having a grandchild so close," Missy Vandersloot said.

For Missy and Cameron Vandersloot the news of little Aliahna Lemmon's disappearance and brutal death was devastating. They turned out for the vigil to pay their respects and find closure.

"It was very somber, very somber but it was very peaceful it didn't seem like a lot of people were very angry."

"You could tell there was some tension in the air just of what happened and how it happened," Cameron Vandersloot said.

The Vandersloots say walking up near the trailer where Aliahna was allegedly killed was surreal.

"I got chills and to think that that baby was there for so many days," Missy said.

Missy says they've been watching the news coverage on Aliahna and her accused killer. Thinking about what may have happened in trailer 20 at Northway Trailer Park makes their stomachs turn.

"We just couldn't quit talking about it. It just eats away at your stomach... the pit of your stomach... the guts."

The Vandersloots say they hope others hear this message:

"Watch who they're around and I think that everybody should pay attention to that. I think that everyone should watch who watches their kids and know who they are and even if you know them and you've known them forever you don't absolutely know the person that your child is walking into their house."

NewsChannel 15's Megan Reust talked with Lemmon's father on the phone earlier Thursday and he declined to make any general comments about his daughter and who she was or about her death.

About 50 people turned out. Lemmons family has been at past vigils but wasn't at Thursday nights.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:15 am

For those who don't live in Indiana.

Here I found a man convicted of sexual assault who lives across the street from the pool in my subdivision, 2 blocks away from my house.

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next