Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6

+6
PeterfromTexas
Nama
Lilone
NiteSpinR
samgoodwin
Wrapitup
10 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Re: 4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6

Post by Nama Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:10 pm

I read that this juror was let go because he had told his boss that the trial would be over by a certain date and that's not going to happen. It's a time issue.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Re: 4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 pm

I thought PeterfromTexas might be right.
But if his reason for having to leave was because of his job as BJ posted, I could see the reasoning behind that too.

Either way too bad he had to go. He was attentive and taking notes for all these months and surely left wondering how things will turn out.

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Rabbit10
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:46 pm

He left because of job problems? Whew! I missed that. Thanks for posting that info again.

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:49 pm

It is infuriating that the defense has been allowed to call another witness. They are so $#%^#QW slow! It takes them a week just to discuss their expert witnesses qualifications. That may be why juror #8 had to leave.

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:57 pm

I bet this guy is getting an earful from HLN and an eyeful from the internet. There's so much the juror's don't know. Too bad he had to leave if BJ is right about the time restraints if he was the one asking most of the questions...snarky or not. How did you learn of this?

And, a Big Welcome to sweetcaro the welcome
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:59 pm

I read it on another blog. I couldn't find a reason in any of the news articles about the juror leaving..
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 pm

PeterfromTexas wrote:It is infuriating that the defense has been allowed to call another witness. They are so $#%^#QW slow! It takes them a week just to discuss their expert witnesses qualifications. That may be why juror #8 had to leave.
Extremely! It's very evident Juan wants to wrap this up and send the jury to deliberate. Now, he has to depose yet another of the defense's idiot witnesses..like it will do any good. I feel HORRIBLE for Travis' family. They've endured years and years of this and now four months of Hodi everyday. I also feel horrible for Hodi's grandmother. She looks extremely distraught. I still want to know if that is Sandy's mother or MIL. And, no sign of Hodi's sister, brother or father. Wonder if they w/be there when she is found guilty.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:01 pm

BJ wrote:I read it on another blog. I couldn't find a reason in any of the news articles about the juror leaving..
OK..so it's speculation?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 pm

I heard the names of Jodi's Grandparents that she lived with on tv today. Their last name is Allen. That's Sandy's maiden name. You can see it (Allen) on her FB page.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 pm

confused Isn't it true that in the penalty phase a unanimous decision is not required to issue the death penalty? I think I heard that during another trial, but it may have been in another state.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 pm

After 18 days on the witness stand the question for Jodi Arias is no longer whether or not she is guilty; it is whether or not she will live. Should the jury all be convinced that Arias is guilty of murder and it is unanimous that she deserves the same fate, Arias will receive the death penalty.

However, if the decision is not unanimous then Arias’ trial may be prolonged. The prosecution can choose to empanel a second jury if the first one does not come to a unanimous conclusion and in comes cases can move on to a third.

Legal experts believe that Arias may have saved her own life by testifying for as long as she did. Although the current jury doesn’t seem to like her they have grown to know her as a person. Whether they know her true personality or not, the jury has come to realize that Arias is a real person. This may cause one or more jurors to vote no for the death plenty because they couldn’t fathom killing someone, even if indirectly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm still checking info from other sources.

clipped from AZ News Headlines
Because any verdict must be unanimous, it would only take one person to hang the jury --
First-degree murder:
If the jurors unanimously decide Arias is guilty of first-degree murder for Alexander’s death, the case would then move to the aggravation phase.

That is the prosecution’s chance to present additional evidence that the death was caused in a cruel manner. Arizona law defines it as when the victim suffers physical pain or mental anguish and the defendant knew or should have known that the victim would suffer.

The jury would then deliberate for a second time to determine if the aggravating factor of cruelty is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

If the jury does not find her guilty of cruelty, the case ends and the judge sets a sentencing date within 30 to 60 days. At the sentencing, the judge decides whether to sentence Arias to natural life in prison or life with parole eligibility after 25 years.

But if the jury decides cruelty is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, the case moves to the sentencing phase.

This is the defense’s opportunity to ask the jury for leniency and present evidence to support why Arias should be spared the death penalty. Witnesses may include Arias’ friends and family. Arias could also make a statement to the jury.

The jury then deliberates for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life or death. Their decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a mistrial would be granted and a new jury would be chosen for this phase only.

If the jury votes for the death penalty, Arias would be sentenced immediately and she is likely to be sent to death row within hours. If the jury opts for a life sentence, the judge will set a sentencing date within 30 to 60 days and, at that time, will sentence Arias to natural life or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years.

Second-degree murder
If the jury rejects first-degree murder, but finds her guilty of the lesser charge of second-degree murder, the judge will sentence Arias to no less than 10 years and no more than 22 years in prison.

Arias will get credit for the four and a half years she has been incarcerated awaiting trial.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:22 am

Juror #8 got a DUI.

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 27m
#jodiarias juror facing prosecution... What they're accused of is our ABC15 exclusive @ 10pm - A FULL REVEAL in 3..WATCH ABC15 @ 10

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:35 am

MaryEllen Resendez
@maryellenabc15

ABC15 EXCLUSIVE Valley PD officer arrests a man for EXTREME DUI -- man tells him he's juror 8 on #jodiarias trial.
1:00 a.m. Fri, Apr 26

MaryEllen Resendez
@maryellenabc15

We have name & photo but are not releasing items just yet -- I've identified the photo.

MaryEllen Resendez
@maryellenabc15

Arrest happened this weekend --- before being excused. We're told arresting officer met with Judge Stephens

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Jodi Arias trial: Valley man arrested for DUI tells officer he's on jury; 5 days later he's excused

Post by Nama Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:47 am

A local Valley police department confirms to ABC15 that a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was also claiming to be a juror in the Jodi Arias trial .
The arrest happened on Saturday and it was at that time the suspect told the officer he was a member of the jury.
On Tuesday, the arresting officer was called into a “sealed proceeding” with the judge, the prosecutor and the defense attorneys, the police spokesperson said.
What was discussed in the secret meeting is confidential.
Two days later, juror #8 was dismissed and the judge gave no reason.
Since the topics discussed during the officer’s testimony are sealed, police said there is no way they can confirm that the man arrested for DUI is indeed juror #8.
On Thursday night, ABC15 attempted to reach the man who was arrested, but was unsuccessful.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:03 am

God help me..I am not a drinker..w/have a few cocktails if I go out w/my gf's but if I were on this jury having to deal w/this duh-fense..listening to Wilma and Nurmi and watching Hodi drawing for almost 4 months, dealing w/all the sidebars, waiting to re-enter the courtroom day in and day out..being sent home early, the horrific crime photos..I might take to the bottle. Anyone that drinks and drives is just plain Stupid. That being said, the guy was probably stressed to the max from all the bs he's endured. And, from what we are gathering, he paid attention and asked a lot of questions. To bad. He should have "cabbed" it. my 2 cents

Thanks for all of the above, BJ!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:59 am

He shouldn't have been driving!

But seriously who can blame him for tilting a few back.
They will probably all be diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after everything they have heard and seen during this trial.

Don't make me show you the cave picture again!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 am

LOL, Nite.

I forgot to add the jury had to endure STABBY BS crazy3 Lies shocked3 . for 18 days..then Samuels and Alyce. That in itself would be enough for me to start imbibing.

NO, Please..no cave pic Please....... 🇳🇴
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am

❤ crying

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Excerpt of Dr. Horn's Initial Testimony

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Doctor: Wounded Alexander fought back

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Juror #8

Post by Nama Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 pm

April 26, 2013, 7:23 PM MST

Dismissed Arias juror speaks out
Corey Rangel
Updated: 46 minutes ago

ABC15 has now confirmed a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was the most recent juror dismissed in the Jodi Arias trial.

According to Gilbert police, Daniel Gibb was arrested on Saturday and told the arresting officer he was a member of the jury.

On Tuesday, the officer was called into a "sealed proceeding" with the judge, the prosecutor and the defense attorneys.

What was discussed in the secret meeting is confidential.

Two days later, juror #8 was dismissed and the judge gave no reason.

Gibb gave ABC15 a statement saying: "It was a privilege to know the other jurors and I will miss them. It was actually a great experience. Thank you for respecting my privacy."

Neighbors tell ABC15 Gibb and his wife and informed them he was on the jury, but Gibb followed court orders and never spoke about the case.

Herman Weiner, a family friend, said while Gibb proudly served on the jury, Gibb's wife hinted the restrictions of the trial had an impact on the family.

"She'd be like I'm glad when this will be over. My husband will be back to the family, I'm happy this will be over pretty soon," said Weiner.

It turns out; Gibb left the trial earlier than expected when the judge dismissed him from the case on Thursday.

"You know he could have two schools of thought. He could be like I put so much into this I'd like to see this to the end or he could be like what a relief. I get back to my normal way of life right now," said Weiner.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 pm

From Travis's sister on one of the T..Support pages !!!!

Message from Tanisha Sorenson
To All the Supporters of Travis and our Family,
As the time is now near to verdict time our family needs your support more than ever now. You all have been true examples of Christ, very giving , caring, kind hearted, and loving. The support of all of you has been heartfelt and has brought many smiles to our families faces during these hard times. We will be forever grateful !
I know that the most important thing we can all continue doing is getting down on our knees and praying to the Lord that we will have Justice for Travis here on this earth. I know there will be Justice in the life to come in the eternities but I feel that the Lord will also have his hand in bringing Justice here on earth. Our Heavenly father hears our prayers and he will answer them.
The jury will get this case on Monday the 6th and that's why I have a special request from all of you to join us as we pray and fast for the Jury, For our Family, For Travis, and For the Ultimate Justice in this case. My family and I will be fasting and praying on Sunday May 5th. I know from my own personal experience that the Lord has answered my prayers after I fasted, and that's why I know if we all do it on Sunday the 5th , he will see that we all have faith in him and that Justice is what we want and I feel he will deliver as he touches the hearts of the Jurors.
We have all been brought together thru this horrible tragedy, we have all been touched by Travis and his inspiration as he was alive, by the things he did while he was alive, and by the people he helped and served while he was alive, and because of the Death of this amazing man , we all share the love, the loss, the hope, the sorrow, the life, the faith, the gratitude, the strength, the empathy, and the unity, together. May the Lord continued to bless all of you for all the strength and love you have shown our family.
Don't be sad for Travis for he is happy, in a wonderful place doing the Lords work, he continues to teach, learn, serve, laugh, make others laugh, sing, and rejoice in happiness. He is with our Savior Jesus Christ, he is with us in our hearts and minds , and he will be with us as we get the Verdict of Guilty of first degree Murder and have Justice for him! Our family loves you all!! Our Heavenly Father loves you, and Travis loves you!!
Justice4Travis!!!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:32 am

The jury then deliberates for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life or death. Their decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a mistrial would be granted and a new jury would be chosen for this phase only.

Thank you, Nite. I tried looking up the statutes but couldn't find what I was looking for. I had heard that in some states only a majority of votes for the death penalty is necessary to go to the judge, who then makes the final decision.

One other thing I would like to know is whether AZ juries are voir dired about their ability to vote for death. In most jurisdictions, only jurors who feel comfortable with the idea of the death penalty may serve on death penalty cases.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Jodi Arias Trial: My Jury Notes - Warning: Graphic.

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:24 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 am

Joey Jackson Fans

COURT SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED BY JUDGE STEPHENS

Court resumes: Wednesday May 1st 9:00 AM MT ( Arizona time) Airing live on HLN 12:00PM long day. Possibly past 5PM MT

Court resumes : Thursday May 2nd Final Arguments/Jury Instructions

Court resumes: Friday May 3 Final Arguments/Case goes to deliberation

Many fans have questions regarding Dr Robert Geffner who will be the new defense witness in the surrebuttal . Here is a little background on Dr. Robert Geffner:

Dr Geffner is the Founder and President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, California. He has been a researcher and consultant for 28 years and has presented over 450 key note speeches.
Dr. Geffner no longer treats patients but devotes all his time to consulting work related to his specialty. He has been an expert witness in a number of cases in different jurisdictions.

Let's take a look at a few cases he testified in.

Cyndie O’Rourke v. James O’Rourke the court found Dr. Geffner to be nothing more than a ‘hired gun’ for the Mother in this case. This was a divorce/custody case where the Father prevailed. Apparently the MMPI test found ‘maladaptive personality traits’ in the Mother and Dr. Geffner challenged the use of the MMPI test and even went on to recommend that the Mother file ethics complaints against the other mental health professionals in the case. He felt he was the expert and the others were out of their expertise.

He will most likely imply the MMPI test is not valid in this case and Dr. Demarte doesn’t have the credentials that he does and her opinion is therefore inadequate. Really?

In a Texas case; Clark v. Collins, 956 F.2d 68 (5th Circuit 1992) the court found that Dr. Geffner’s affidavit lacked credibility, in part because it was based on hearsay information supplied by the defendant’s attorney with no independent verification. (Who do we know that believes everything their client says?)

The court also excluded Dr Geffner's testimony in Hawaii v. French, 129 P.3d 581 (Hawaii 2006) involving allegations of child sexual abuse.

In State v. Supulvado, 655 So.2d 623 (La. App. 1995) the court limited most of Dr Geffner's testimony, as he relied mostly on the information supplied by the defendant, and he testified about effects of brain damage on emotional functioning though he is not a medical doctor!!

Strickland v. Washington, 466 U.S. 668, 687, 104 S.Ct. 2052, 2064, 80 L.Ed.2d 674 (1984). “Counsel is strongly presumed to have rendered adequate assistance and made all significant decisions in the exercise of reasonable professional judgment. Id. at 690, 104 S.Ct. at 2066.

The state trial court found that Dr. Geffner’s affidavit lacked credibility for three reasons: (1) the evaluation, which makes conclusions as to Clark’s conduct in 1987, was conducted five years later, in 1992; (2) Dr. Geffner did not review the court records or a transcript of the trial testimony; and (3) Dr. Geffner relied upon records from Clark’s childhood in Pennsylvania, with no records since 1976, and upon hearsay information supplied by Clark’s attorneys, with no independent verification of the information, and interviews with Clark. The state court further found that, even if credible, Dr. Geffner’s affidavit does not support a conclusion that Clark was either incompetent or insane at the time of the murders, or that he did not act deliberately within the meaning of the first special issue.

Sounds like another so called "Dr" we already heard!

And do not let me forget...... he was an editor for Alyce La Violette ~ No comment!!

What a Juanderful day it will be!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 am

A Little Bird Told Me About The Copies Of This Artwork and Photographs.
What Do You Think... Tracing or No?

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 A111
4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 A211
4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 A311
4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 A411

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Jodi's twitter account

Post by Nama Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 am

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 27 Apr
I'm working on a little project that is going to help support domestic violence shelters.I'm hoping it'll be off the ground this coming week

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 9h
I feel bad for the poor fool who paid 4 my "panties" on Ebay. For 1,Umm, gross. For 2.Sorry you got suckered.

More at:
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Jodi's art

Post by Nama Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:49 am

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 am

Many think the last photo is of Tanisha, Travis' sister.

To me, they look like she DID trace them. And, how can she draw so well with a left finger that is "broken"? Sarcasm She's left handed. BS
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 am

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 9h
I feel bad for the poor fool who paid 4 my "panties" on Ebay. For 1,Umm, gross. For 2.Sorry you got suckered.
She sure is one bold bitch!! She's the poor fool that's going to be found GUILTY!! Electric Chair
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am

This Is Where Jodi Arias Will Be Executed If Sentenced To Death – All The Details On Her Final Days
4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 1zn4uvb
Posted on Apr 29, 2013 @ 4:19AM | By David Perel

The last time the state of Arizona executed a woman the scene was so gruesome that even though it was 83 years ago it is still talked about today.

Jodi Arias will have a much easier death than Eva Dugan did in 1930, and a much less painful end than that suffered by her victim, Travis Alexander, who was stabbed 29 times, had his throat slit and was shot in the face. If convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death, Arias will take her final breaths in the room pictured below, and her life ended by lethal injection.

As Arias’ trial winds down, RadarOnline.com has uncovered the details of how she will spend her final days if sentenced to die. Her death by lethal injection is likely to be far more humane than what happened to Dugan in 1930, when an error by the hangman caused a gruesome end.

And while it has been decades since Arizona executed a woman, the state has become one of the leaders during the past year in carrying out executions, certainly not good news for Arias, who has admitted to killing Alexander but says it was in self defense.

Arias, 32, would spend 23 hours a day in a cell on death row at Perryville state prison. She would join three other women on death row in the Lumley Unit. One of those women awaiting execution was convicted by Arias’ prosecutor, Juan Martinez. (There are also 121 men awaiting execution.)

The cell where Arias would spend the rest of her life is 12 feet by 7 feet, 2 inches — slightly more than 86 square feet.

She will not be allowed contact with any other prisoner and her cell would have only a toilet, sink, bed and mattress, according to the Arizona Department of Corrections.

Arias will see little else other than the inside of that cell. Death row inmates are taken to exercise outside for two hours, three times a week. The outdoor area resembles a large cage, with fencing on all sides and above.

She will be allowed to shower only three times a week and the visitation rules are highly restrictive with no contact allowed.

“Personal property is limited to hygiene items, two appliances, two books and writing materials,” according to the state’s department of corrections.

If the day arrives that Arias is put to death — Arizona’s last execution was December 5, 2012 — she will be granted a last meal and given the chance to speak last words before a lethal injection is administered. The execution would take place at a different prison than where she would live her final days.

The average length of stay on death row before execution in Arizona has been 12 years since 1937, according to official records. And while prisoners once had a choice of the method of death — lethal injection or gas chamber — Arias would be strapped to a gurney and given a lethal injection.

Even though executing women has been rare for the state, that is not the case when it comes to men. Six men were executed by Arizona in 2012 and four in 2011. Arizona was tied for second among states for the most executions in 2012, trailing only Texas.

One public defender noted that Arizona is not shying away from the death penalty in recent years — and that’s potentially very bad news for Arias. Andrew Clemency (yes, that’s really his name) is a public defender specializing in the death penalty who told the Huffington Post: “Arizona is becoming a major player in the death-penalty world, right up there with places like Texas, or Georgia or Florida.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:32 pm

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
TRIAL UPDATES

* Dr. Geffner is a neuropsychologist and the def. want him to rebut Dr. Horn's testimony about the head wound. He will also rebut Dr. DeMarte's testimony about PTSD.

* There is a hearing Tues morning regarding a State motion [filed today]. I don't know if cameras will be rolling.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Empty Jodi Arias Jury Never Saw This Police Complaint About Tire Slashing

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Police Report

By SHANA DRUCKERMAN
PHOENIX, Ariz. April 29, 2013
Just four months before he was found dead in his Arizona home, Travis Alexander called police and reported that his car tires had been slashed, according to records obtained exclusively by ABC News. The incident, described as "criminal damage," lists Alexander as the caller and his Mesa address, but Alexander did not report who he suspected was responsible.

The call, made to the Mesa Police Department on Feb. 2, 2008, has not been introduced in court, despite testimony regarding tire slashing from multiple witnesses during the four month-long trial of Jodi Arias, Alexander's ex-girlfriend accused of his murder.

Arias, 32, is charged with first degree murder and could face the death penalty if convicted. Closing arguments are expected to begin late this week. She initially denied killing Alexander, 30, but claimed two years later that she killed him in self-defense.

References not only to tire slashing, but also to stalking and spying, have been made repeatedly throughout this trial, always handled delicately it seems due to the prejudicial nature of the testimony. Arias has never been charged with anything stalking-related nor tied directly in court to any incidents of tire slashing.

The first reference to stalking was raised by the defense. In their opening statement they told the jury that Alexander had called Arias a stalker, and yet invited her into his home and his bed over and over again, including the day he was killed.

An early prosecution witness, Marie "Mimi" Hall, testified that Alexander had mentioned he had a stalker, that his tires had been slashed, and that he believed Arias had followed he and Hall on a date.

Another woman Alexander dated, Lisa Daidone, testified that in the middle to end of February 2008 "strange things were happening." When asked to clarify, she said that a home security alarm alerted that a door had been opened. She and Alexander went to investigate and found nothing. Fielding questions from the jury, Daidone said Alexander had referred to Arias as a stalker and that when Arias called him "it was almost as if she knew we were together at the time."

Even Arias talked about a tire slashing incident. During a recorded phone call with the lead detective shortly after Alexander's body was found, Arias informed the detective that Alexander's tires had been slashed and that he was "worried," but never pointed to a suspect.

Arias' own expert Alyce LaViolette was asked by prosecutor Juan Martinez whether Alexander was "extremely afraid of the defendant based on her stalking behavior." LaViolette answered, "He was afraid of her, yes."

"Because of her stalking behavior, correct?," asked Martinez.

"Correct," LaViolette said.

But LaViolette clarified, saying, "People who are stalked generally take action about being stalked, Mr. Martinez. And I saw no action taken."

What exactly Alexander intended to report to police in February 2008 remains unclear. When officers attempted to follow-up with him about the call, they received no response.

Jurors will likely never hear about the call to police, at least not in the guilt or innocence phase of the trial. The state rested last Thursday and closing arguments are set to begin later this week.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:26 pm

|
|
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Wrapitup wrote:The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
TRIAL UPDATES

* Dr. Geffner is a neuropsychologist and the def. want him to rebut Dr. Horn's testimony about the head wound. He will also rebut Dr. DeMarte's testimony about PTSD.

* There is a hearing Tues morning regarding a State motion [filed today]. I don't know if cameras will be rolling.
Bahahahaha! The neuropsychologist is going to state that the bullet that went through Travis' skull somehow missed Travis' brain cuz cuz cuz....uh....
4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Cunningham_Brain-Skull

It is physiologically impossible for a bullet entering the prefrontal region of the skull to "miss" hitting Travis' brain and therefore, not damage it. The brain is not Jello. It doesn't jiggle itself way over to one side and leave space for a bullet to travel downward and not hit any brain tissue.

All of these "professional" clowns need to head on back to the rodeo circuit. I hope Juan puts a big @ss photo of a brain on the overhead screen and asks this clown to show exactly how this bullet missed Travis' prefrontal lobe.

When traumatic brain injury occurs to the frontal area, it is impacting the brain’s largest lobe. Located at the front of each cerebral hemisphere, this lobe is responsible for conscious thought ( planning cognitive behavior) and voluntary movement. (Travis couldn't have thought to escape out of the shower , consciously planned/thought to use his hands to defend himself while Hodi stabbed him, or consciously thought that he should try to crawl away to his bedroom.)

Remember Gabby Gifford? She was shot through one side of her frontal lobe (like Travis), fell to the ground, and was unable to consciously make herself get up and run from her psychotic attacker. If the bullet had cross the midline of her brain into the other side of her frontal lobe, her injuries would have been more profound or lethal.

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:27 am

PeterfromTexas Thank You for the straightforward explanation you've given. I know the majority of us don't believe that Travis sustained the gun shot wound from the onset. It's my belief that Jodi claimed to have shot first, because Flores told her that's what he thought happened. I think she went with that story because it was easy for her to say "Everything Went Foggy After Shooting Travis." Conveniently giving her a way out of explaining how she butchered him up. Her third and final story of self defense would have flown out the window if she had said she stabbed him first, sliced him up and slit his throat before shooting him.
She can never explain away the slash and stab wounds to his back or the defense wounds on his hands.
It is my hope that those autopsy images are burned into the minds of the Jurors, because they really tell the truth about what happened to Travis.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:36 am

I remind myself that Hodi said she shot Travis first and she lies continuously. THAT's proof she shot him last. STABBY

I missed Det. Flores telling Hodi that he thought she shot Travis first. It makes sense that she latched onto that. Putrid beotch.

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 am

Last week Vinnie on HLN stated that if the jurors voted for 1st degree murder, they'd have to stay on as jurors for possibly another MONTH (to hear her family members/teachers/friends/paid homeless people from under the closest bridge whine about why Hodi shouldn't be given the death penalty). If they vote for 2nd degree or manslaughter, the jurors will never have to return to the courtroom for more Hodi bs ever again. They can go home that day and remain home.

That's scary. Many or all of them have to be furious about how this trial has trashed all of their Spring.

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 am

PeterfromTexas wrote:Last week Vinnie on HLN stated that if the jurors voted for 1st degree murder, they'd have to stay on as jurors for possibly another MONTH Sure hope that's not on their minds when they render a verdict! (to hear her family members/teachers/friends/paid homeless people from under the closest bridge4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 16 Laugh10 whine about why Hodi shouldn't be given the death penalty). If they vote for 2nd degree or manslaughter, the jurors will never have to return to the courtroom for more Hodi bs ever again. They can go home that day and remain home.

That's scary. Many or all of them have to be furious about how this trial has trashed all of their Spring. As well as their lives! The phone sex and cave pictures probably scarred them for life!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 am

I too appreciate your explanation about the brain PeterfromTexas.
It IS scary to think about the jury and how anxious they might be to get the heck out of there. This trial has gone on far too long and it's bound to take a toll on the jurors.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next