Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

+11
laga
prayerbone
janie
adelacruz
CritterFan1
ladyjustice37
Juanita
Wrapitup
TerryRose
Cory
mommyof3kids
15 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 6 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:59 am

Yeah Treaves is right !!! Theres a few real foggy areas , that could spin this case on its heels !!

I was on the bus today going to a meeting , i had the pdf files with me and was reading through them again :shock: :P :bounce:

You can't help thinking some things appear odd...

For instance the so called jog , i think Cheri's mum was right , they were going to jog but to where !! lol we were all young once , right ??... Lets not forget Leah was there 2 hrs , and i presume Cheri's mum would of had no problem them jogging at 7 or 8..But they want to go the VERY min McGuffins expected??? Oddddddd

To me her behaviour at Cheri's discribed as "strange" , the reason for her going off when hes expected , her mood seen walking along central ,need to be discovered i think they have a massive bearing on this case

Last edited by prayerbone on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:42 am; edited 3 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 6 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:06 am

And as far as Cheri's mum being concerned about her daughter , i don't want to be rude i understand her concerns ...But sheesh this isn't late library books , this is a dreadful crime in their community you deserve better Cory

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:29 am

Out of interest i run the story by my Nephew hes a 17 year old grungy skateboard type...

And he said one thing of interest , did Cheri her mum ,Leah's sister or any of the police state if McGuffin appeared stoned/drunk that night..

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:28 am

treaves wrote:Cory,
Do you still have contact with Cheri? Does she have anything to add to her story now that she was not willing to say back then? If she is a mom...or when she becomes one...she may be more willing to be upfront about what the two of them were actually up to. Just MHO. :98:

No. I haven't talked to Cheri in years. One of her friends did just give me her number recently though. Guess it would be a good time to call her and congratulate her on her new baby girl though!! :face:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 am

prayerbone wrote:Yeah Treaves is right !!! Theres a few real foggy areas , that could spin this case on its heels !!

I was on the bus today going to a meeting , i had the pdf files with me and was reading through them again :shock: :P :bounce:

You can't help thinking some things appear odd...

For instance the so called jog , i think Cheri's mum was right , they were going to jog but to where !! lol we were all young once , right ??... Lets not forget Leah was there 2 hrs , and i presume Cheri's mum would of had no problem them jogging at 7 or 8..But they want to go the VERY min McGuffins expected??? Oddddddd

To me her behaviour at Cheri's discribed as "strange" , the reason for her going off when hes expected , her mood seen walking along central ,need to be discovered i think they have a massive bearing on this case

This is just a guess but.....My guess is they didn't want to go jogging. My guess is they heard there was a party (Perhaps at BB's Grandparents??), and that is where they wanted to go. And MAYBE Leah had heard that Kristen was with Nick.....but then again, something tells me Kristen didn't enter the picture until later....I could be totally wrong about that ??? I DUNNO!!!! :idk:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:43 am

prayerbone wrote:Out of interest i run the story by my Nephew hes a 17 year old grungy skateboard type...

And he said one thing of interest , did Cheri her mum ,Leah's sister or any of the police state if McGuffin appeared stoned/drunk that night..

No. Noone said anything about him being stoned or drunk. (but yet....we do know he smoked pot that night)
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:20 am

and that's all his buddies 'fessed up to... I wonder if LE did a drug test on Nick or BB when they questioned them? and if LE stopped Nick that night, did they just "miss" the fact that he had been or was high? Another blunder by LE maybe?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:25 am

tish wrote:and that's all his buddies 'fessed up to... I wonder if LE did a drug test on Nick or BB when they questioned them? and if LE stopped Nick that night, did they just "miss" the fact that he had been or was high? Another blunder by LE maybe?

Yep Tish! Um...I don't think a drug test was done on either one of them. And yes it must have been another blunder by LE cause the pot smoking was admitted.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:51 am

grrrr so many maybes arn't there...If we can take McGuffin at his word , he had someone in the car by 9.15/9.30 when he visited Denny's...Such a small time window from him arriving at Cheri's at 9.05 , then he states he drove up central all the way to ur rd then back , which then puts us at the time he was at Denny's...When did Kristen get in the car :?: Does it matter :?: I think it does , because if she confirms what car hes in while searching , we have clearer picture of the time he felt the need to change cars and why, maybe she even knows why he had to change cars :!:
Did he ever say when he offloaded Kristen?? Where she live ???

I have nothing to base this on , but that she's known as a "druggie " theres a slim chance she was smoking weed with him at the pond hmmm ,but the kids never mention it in the police reports...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:56 am

Ive just read all of these posts, I really hope there will be some justice for Leah! I couldn't even imagine the pain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Thank you NMgirl! It's tough!

Ya know what?? It may take a while for me to get a response.....but I am going to email someone who just might have the answers about Kristen..... we can continue on and if and when I hear from my friend I will let you know. k?
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:24 pm

Cory wrote:Thank you NMgirl! It's tough!

Ya know what?? It may take a while for me to get a response.....but I am going to email someone who just might have the answers about Kristen..... we can continue on and if and when I hear from my friend I will let you know. k?
Oh great news. Some hope there!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Yeah great idea Cory ...Might stop us chasing our tails ...

Just talking and reading for a few days small bits have come out like Kristen etc i might write up another concise overview of the day...Might save you having to answer loads of the same questions again in the future ??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:05 pm

One small point Cory this damaged headlight on the Mustang , ive never read that in any offical document only something you had written...

the boot is the rear of the car for u as well as us right ?? We call that the boot

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Guys, im sure you notice i dont comment much in this thread, and i dont want anyone to think its cause i dont care. Im still reading all these details and trying to come up with something intelligent to say about it all on top of my emotions at this injustice. My heart breaks for you Cory, it really does. Please be patient, i'll come around soon. I used to live in Oregon for 6 years, I'm finding that this hits close to home for me, i wish i could bring her back for you, but i feel really lost and helpless.
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Juanita wrote:Guys, im sure you notice i dont comment much in this thread, and i dont want anyone to think its cause i dont care. Im still reading all these details and trying to come up with something intelligent to say about it all on top of my emotions at this injustice. My heart breaks for you Cory, it really does. Please be patient, i'll come around soon. I used to live in Oregon for 6 years, I'm finding that this hits close to home for me, i wish i could bring her back for you, but i feel really lost and helpless.

Aww...Juanita! Don't do that to yourself!! I KNOW you care. It is sooooo much to sift through and all so confusing - just ask Prayerbone!!!! :D I got all the patience in the world for you Dear. You take your time. Ah Ha! Used to be an Oregonian huh?

Noone can bring her back now Juanita.....All we can do is seek justice for her. She is in good hands now. Noone can hurt her again. I just wish I could have been there for her in her final hours. Can't change that now though.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Yeah i know im beating myself up, but this isnt about me, please forget that!!! lol. I want nothing more for you than for you to get your justice. I dont pray to any gods so i cant easily express myself that way for you, but you are in my thoughts, i make wishes for you and i think about this alot and wonder where this all fits in and what will happen.
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:40 pm

I know Juanita. I know you want justice too. Who knows how this will all play out? Hopefully for the best!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 pm

big hugs Cory

butterfly
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:51 pm

prayerbone - excellent idea about adding the new details that have emerged into the existing timeline - you have made yourself indispensable to this case in the just last 2 wks or however long its been since I ran into you at WS!! If you need any help, please let me know...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:08 pm

Well my writtings not to great rabbit

the added info we could discuss here , and ask if anything else is missing and then write a draft out , maybe it could become a sticky??

I was jsut guessing it gets Cory down to be asked over and over soooo

Things like Leah and her BF were cleaning some writing on the BF car due to it being graduation , friends joking around etc..

The BF spent some of the time searching for Leah with a girl called kristen in the car...

Leahs best friend said her behaviour had been strange when she visited...

Unless there was another driver , the BF spent roughly 30 mins driving to and fro changing cars the night Leah went missing...

Brents granparents were away on Hol on the day Leah went missing....

Leah's appointment was confirmed by Cory to be about ?? I forgotten now grrrrr
thinking of more anyone???

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

I believe the appt was about birth control if I remember correctly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Ok thks that rings a bell....

I will go through the thread and take out bits here and there and write up a concise piece about the events of that day...I will post it here and people can add to it etc ....

andy

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Wow!! That is awesome!! I am so glad you are here! :cheers:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:58 pm

OMG! You guys!!! I am so sorry! I had to take my niece to the hospital. Gotta run back up there as I don't know if she has to stay or not.....
I'm not ignoring you guys....just peeked in here before I leave to go back up there!!

But real quick....Yes..her appointment was for birth control.

I will be back in a few hours!!! So sorry!! :sorry:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:43 pm

by Cory Today at 12:14 pm

Thank you NMgirl! It's tough!

Hi guys, I have been gone most of the weekend and sick today, but wow, so much reading to catch up on this thread and I LOVE it!

I think it's a great idea to contact Cherie and get info on Kristen! Maybe after 9 years people will start talking???

We can only hope!

Cory, I hope everything is ok with your niece!!! My thoughts are with you both tonight! :blowkiss2:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi all

I have some conflict in the way i'm reading the police files about and Chicago has ..

He/she states

11:00-11:30pm
NM shows up at Denny's Pizza again, talks with DF, says something about having “someone” in the car and having to go. (Note: NM did not mention this stop at Denny's to the police, DF did)

Ive read the file to mean he stated he had someone in the car when he first visit Dennys not the later time , the police report is very ambigous here.. HELP NEEDED THKS

Its this file [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page 6 line 16,17,18

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:06 pm

prayerbone, thank you for the above link. I read it once, i will read it a few more times to see what i think and will ponder. In such a short time you have contributed so much on this board with your inquiring mind and all of your wonderful information. Cory and Leah sure are lucky to have you in their corner!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Ive had a reply from the Chief of Police for the town :)

Last edited by prayerbone on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : my post was a bit sarcastic im sorry)

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Well...that's good. He's a good guy and I would think he would respond.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Man! I can not believe all of the misspellings in that document!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Man the way i read it , was He came into Dennys at 915 and then later but his quotes was said at 9.15 ...But the more i read it its implying he said that for the last time he came in 11.30 grrrrr :sorry:

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Its this file [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page 6 line 16,17,18

:cheers: Thank you so much.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Hmmm how are people reading that line??? Because if he said " i got to go someones in the car " at 11+ ..It would appear thats not such a odd statement because by 11 Brents with him

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:51 pm

That is what I have always assumed he was talking about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:52 pm

I know I read that he has someone in the car and he did not tell LE that story it came from Leah's sister. Maybe I heard this before but still it really stuck out to me that he did not pass the polygraph!!!!! I am so mad he was not arrested for something, anything to put some pressure on him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:58 pm

yeah..I know...but my DH tells me that if they arrested him with out charges that would stick he'd walk for good. Grrrrrrr!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Ok if ive read that wrong and he said it on his last visit to Denny's at 11.30 damn ...That police report makes no sence when you read line 20 21 1 and 2 then....

One min their saying hes quoted it at 11.30 and thats struck them as odd because he didn't mention having a passenger then , but then they agree he as said he had Brent in the car at 11

Sheesh i wouldn't mind being arrested in this town , i could come out the other end mayor :P

Last edited by prayerbone on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:07 pm

That on the evening of June 28 she was working at Denny's; that sometime
14 between 9:15 and 9:30 PM, McGuffin came into Denny's and asked Denise
15 Freeman if she had seen Leah; that Denise told McGuffin that she had not seen
16 Leah; that McGuffin left shortly after he came in; returned between 11:00 and
17 11:30 PM; that just before he left, McGuffin told Denise Freeman something to
18 the effect of "I've got to go. I've got someone in the car."
19 Chief Reeves has informed me that McGuffin did not tell him about being
20 at Denny's Pizza nor that he had anyone in the car with him during the time he
21 was driving up and down Central looking for Leah. Indeed, the only person
1 McGuffin ever mentioned to Chief Reeves being in his car while he was engaged
2 in searching for Leah was Brent Bartley

See that makes no sence ...Why would that quote shock the LE if he said it at 11+ hes always stated Brent was with him then

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:10 pm

Not if they did a sting and arrested him for drugs which he obviously is in to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:32 pm

WHEW!! Oh my!! I've had some very busy friends here today I see!!!!! Sorry I missed out!
I've been reading over the posts here and something stood out at me....so I called Denise. OK....where in the docs. does it say that Nick went back to Denny's Pizza a SECOND time?? I didn't remember Denise ever saying he had come there TWICE..only once. So she just told me that she didn't remember him coming there TWICE... She also just told me that when Nick came into the Pizza Parlor that he asked her if she had seen her.....Denise didn't even know who he was talking about. She said he then said something very close to..."Leah....I can't find her and we had a fight. I gotta go cause I have someone in the car". Then he turned and ran out. This is the first I have heard about "a fight" between Nick and Leah that night. Denise claims she told me.....and she probably did but I don't remember. She (like me) has a hard time remembering all that happened on that awful night.
Also I got an email from my friend and he thinks the switch to the T-bird only happened once?? :idk:
None of this is helping is it???!! I'm just confusing you more huh????
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:25 pm

by treaves Today at 6:58 pm

yeah..I know...but my DH tells me that if they arrested him with out charges that would stick he'd walk for good. Grrrrrrr!

Does DH mean Dear Husband?? Ok, I know... yet another Aimism.. frying pan

Cory, honestly I would think your daughter Denise would remember such a detail as how many times Nick came to the Pizza Parlor, I mean, I know I would remember how many times I spoke to someone, but maybe NOT what exactly what was said! JMO!

Also, I would still like to find out exactly what the deal is or isn't for that matter with the the headlight being out issue?? Where did this theory originate? Just curious is all :scratch:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:28 pm

20 at Denny's Pizza nor that he had anyone in the car with him during the time he

I can't help but correct a typo here...

It is Chief REAVES sorry, it was just bugging me :|
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:40 pm

LOL...yup...I said earlier...full of typos! Bugs me too...not an Aimism. :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:42 pm

prayerbone wrote:Ok if ive read that wrong and he said it on his last visit to Denny's at 11.30 damn ...That police report makes no sence when you read line 20 21 1 and 2 then....

One min their saying hes quoted it at 11.30 and thats struck them as odd because he didn't mention having a passenger then , but then they agree he as said he had Brent in the car at 11

Sheesh i wouldn't mind being arrested in this town , i could come out the other end mayor :P

I am Laughing histerically because you probably have no idea how true that statement is....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 pm

by treaves Today at 10:40 pm

LOL...yup...I said earlier...full of typos! Bugs me too...not an Aimism.

MOM, Tee Hee.. You had an Aimism telling me I wasn't having an Aimism...LOL

I wasn't talking about the police report when referring to the aimism, but this comment:

[/quote] by mommyof3kids Today at 10:25 pm

Does DH mean Dear Husband?? Ok, I know... yet another Aimism.. [quote]

:lol!:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 am

prayerbone wrote:Ive had a reply from the Chief of Police for the town :)

AND?? He had what to say?? :98:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:00 am

mommyof3kids wrote:

Does DH mean Dear Husband?? Ok, I know... yet another Aimism.. frying pan

Cory, honestly I would think your daughter Denise would remember such a detail as how many times Nick came to the Pizza Parlor, I mean, I know I would remember how many times I spoke to someone, but maybe NOT what exactly what was said! JMO!

Also, I would still like to find out exactly what the deal is or isn't for that matter with the the headlight being out issue?? Where did this theory originate? Just curious is all :scratch:

I don't know if its in the docs...just looked and couldn't find it. But Nick told me that the next day when he came to search for Leah with Denise and I.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:10 am

Ok Cory u think its ok to copy and paste it here , theres nothing personal in his letter....

Now folks lets get these small points dead on...

1) The police report states very clearly that Denise said the boyfriend visited Dennys 2 x's once between 9.15-9.30 and another time between 11-11.30

2) Car swap : Its also clear from the police report , witnesses state he as changed the car 2 x's yes Cory ur friend's correct in a sence that he swapped over to the thunderbird once , but is forgetting he then swapped back into the Mustang again...THIS would mean he drove out to where the cars were 2xs once to drive up for the Thunderbird , and the second time to go back and swap back to the Mustang (The two trips out to his parents and back is 30 mins roughly , but its possibles someone drove it to him) ..

3) What time did he say "ive got to go ive got some in the car" Now this is complicated by the police notes ,they seem to contradict themselves...On one hand the notes implye McGuffin said this at 11.30 the last time he visited Denny's..

Below is the orginal lines from the Police Report

That on the evening of June 28 she was working at Denny's; that sometime
14 between 9:15 and 9:30 PM, McGuffin came into Denny's and asked Denise
15 Freeman if she had seen Leah; that Denise told McGuffin that she had not seen
16 Leah; that McGuffin left shortly after he came in; returned between 11:00 and
17 11:30 PM; that just before he left, McGuffin told Denise Freeman something to
18 the effect of "I've got to go. I've got someone in the car."

The thing thats perplexing me is : Why do the police say they found this surprising because he hadn't mentioned anyone in the car other then Brent from 11 onwards , but then imply NM is saying this at 11.30 ?????...To me its badly written and the quote is said at 9.30 ..

4) the headlight imo this info is only passed to Cory by NM...The only damage to the Mustang in any Police report is the rear of the car...Its true that NM was pulled over in the Mustang at 10.30 and very early in the morning , and i guess we can presume thats why BUT ITS NOT a written fact we dont have a police report to why he was pulled over / or a ticket etc..

Last edited by prayerbone on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:02 am

Without any concrete times ,it seriously is tough...

7-9 NM is in the Mustang..His weed friends at the pond state he drives off in the Mustang saying hes going to pick Leah up
9.05 arrives at Cheri's we presume hes in the Mustang still..
9+ to 10 He is spotted in a Thunderbird at Fast Mart by two witness , one states it was between 9 & 10 another says after dark which is any time after 9.45 ...

So its clear he as now swapped into the Thunderbird!!!

10.15-1030 He arives back at Cheri's talks to her and her mother , and is pursuaded to ring Cory ...Then he drives off , he is then pulled over at 10.30 in a Mustang by LE...

Its clear that he as again swapped back into the Mustang

In my book thats 2x's

Last edited by prayerbone on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:41 am

That Denise states that NM said he had an arguement with Leah is kind of good and bad in my book...

If they've had an arguement its happened sometime at Brents grandads and the lift to Cheri's...And would explain why Leah was acting "strange"..

That he's said this at 9.15 ish , also implies to me hes not done anything at this stage...Lets be frank its not the type of thing you say , if you don't want to bring yourself under suspicion is it ???

For me it really is narrowing more and more to the 9.20 - 10.00 period for the car change ...

I have to be seriously blunt with you all and ask the question , is this guy the type of guy who would do something between 9.20-10.00 , and then be able to roll up to Cheri's like nothings happened at 10.15?

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next