Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

+11
laga
prayerbone
janie
adelacruz
CritterFan1
ladyjustice37
Juanita
Wrapitup
TerryRose
Cory
mommyof3kids
15 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 7 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:41 am

That Denise states that NM said he had an arguement with Leah is kind of good and bad in my book...

If they've had an arguement its happened sometime at Brents grandads and the lift to Cheri's...And would explain why Leah was acting "strange"..

That he's said this at 9.15 ish , also implies to me hes not done anything at this stage...Lets be frank its not the type of thing you say , if you don't want to bring yourself under suspicion is it ???

For me it really is narrowing more and more to the 9.20 - 10.00 period for the car change ...

I have to be seriously blunt with you all and ask the question , is this guy the type of guy who would do something between 9.20-10.00 , and then be able to roll up to Cheri's like nothings happened at 10.15?

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 7 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:33 am

Ok Cory u think its ok to copy and paste it here , theres nothing personal in his letter....

Yup! I would love to know what he had to say!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:36 am

Ok i'm off to work will check in later...

Here it is Cory

Good Afternoon Mr. Cole,

I sincerely respect your concerns and most important the emotion and pain brought to the Freeman family. As you might know, I have been the police chief for 1 year and the Freeman case has not been forgotten under my watch. For confidentially reasons and for the interest of justice (the resolution to this case), I can’t comment further on this. I have spoken to Leah’s mother numerous times and expressed the same to her.

I realize that my statement is brief, but it is best I can put out at this time. Once again, thank you for your comments and we do have a common thought on this!

Thank you,

Mark Dannels

Chief of Police

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:41 am

I have to be seriously blunt with you all and ask the question , is this guy the type of guy who would do something between 9.20-10.00 , and then be able to roll up to Cheri's like nothings happened at 10.15?

YES!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Also, I would still like to find out exactly what the deal is or isn't for that matter with the the headlight being out issue?? Where did this theory originate? Just curious is all

I don't know if its in the docs...just looked and couldn't find it. But Nick told me that the next day when he came to search for Leah with Denise and I.

That answers my question and thanks Cory! The only reason I wanted to know is because I feel that the head light being out is Key to the switching of the cars and after being pulled over, you would thing he wouldn't want a chance of being pulled over for a second time right? Do we know why he was pulled over in the first place?
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:09 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:
Also, I would still like to find out exactly what the deal is or isn't for that matter with the the headlight being out issue?? Where did this theory originate? Just curious is all

I don't know if its in the docs...just looked and couldn't find it. But Nick told me that the next day when he came to search for Leah with Denise and I.

That answers my question and thanks Cory! The only reason I wanted to know is because I feel that the head light being out is Key to the switching of the cars and after being pulled over, you would thing he wouldn't want a chance of being pulled over for a second time right? Do we know why he was pulled over in the first place?

For the headlight being out right?
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:34 pm

For the headlight being out right?

Sorry, I need to be more specific, and I could prob find the answer myself if I read the police log, but is there anything in any of the docs that states the reasoning of why he was pulled over? I know there is nothing about the headlight being out, so it makes me think there is nothing at all in the docs about why he was pulled over??
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:22 pm

I don't think there is....I looked twice....but that doesn't mean it isn't there!!!! I seem to overlook alot!!!
So I am confused....since you can't find anything in the docs as to why he was pulled over, you do not believe that he was pulled over for his headlight being out?????????????????????? Again, that is what he told me the next day as to why he was pulled over. :idk:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 pm

by Cory Today at 3:22 pm

I don't think there is....I looked twice....but that doesn't mean it isn't there!!!! I seem to overlook alot!!!
So I am confused....since you can't find anything in the docs as to why he was pulled over, you do not believe that he was pulled over for his headlight being out?????????????????????? Again, that is what he told me the next day as to why he was pulled over.

Where is Prayerbone when we need him?? LOL
He knows that police report from front to back I would think by now. Maybe he can clarify this?

But IF in fact there is no mention in the Police Report of WHY he was pulled over and the fact that he told you the next day that he was pulled over because of a broken headlight?? What is the deal with that??

Why is a lot of what we are reading in the police report not adding up in the end? Does that mean that there is info missing that they are with holding "because this is an ongoing investigation"? Well if it is, the investigate it ALREADY..

Ok, sorry, LOL.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi Guys i'm back :P I put the address of the pdf into google and it lets you have a option for Html instead of pdf so i can now copy and post .....

Just checking info for ref to his being pulled over...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Was it proven that he was actually really pulled over? Or did he just say that? Who pulled him over? Was it city of coquille or County? If it was county that would probably account for why it wasn't in the police report by the city. (For those of you who do not live here...Coquille is the County Seat so there are alot of Deputy's rolling around.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Heres all i ever saw about him being pulled i think

from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page 9

1According to Coquille Police records, Nick McGuffin was stopped by the
2 Coquille Police on June 28, 2000 at approximately 10:30 PM while driving the
3 blue Mustang. He was stopped again in the early morning hours of June 29,
4 2000 and he was driving the blue Mustang.
5 It appears to me that if West, Jenkins, Emler, Kirn and Rice are correct in
6 their observations regarding McGuffin driving a Thunderbird, that sometime
7 after 9 PM Nick McGuffin switched from the blue Mustang to the Thunderbird
8 and then back to the Mustang. This would have occurred during the same time
9 frame that Leah Freeman disappeared..

I'm guessing its the light considering he mentioned that to Cory its after dark by now and i'm presuming Cory the lights not working? Was there damage to this are do you remember and was it there earlier when Leah was with you and him??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:13 pm

by treaves Today at 4:07 pm

Was it proven that he was actually really pulled over? Or did he just say that? Who pulled him over? Was it city of coquille or County? If it was county that would probably account for why it wasn't in the police report by the city. (For those of you who do not live here...Coquille is the County Seat so there are alot of Deputy's rolling around.)

OK, so maybe we are looking in the wrong document Prayerbone, maybe it is NOT part of the police report and is in another document somewhere?? Sorry guys, I would totally help look through Docs, but I missed work yesterday and am playing catch up today, so I am just peeking in inbetween tasks..
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Oh and GOOD thinking Momma for thinking about it not being a Coquille Police officer pulling him over! Muah Love you :blowkiss2:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:17 pm

I'm sorry to harp on but as anyone come to any conclusing about the "ive got to go someones in the car" timing its so infurating , because its earlier i'm guessing kristin in the car if its later its just brent ....

Cory ive p/m u

Last edited by prayerbone on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:21 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:OK, so maybe we are looking in the wrong document Prayerbone, maybe it is NOT part of the police report and is in another document somewhere?? Sorry guys, I would totally help look through Docs, but I missed work yesterday and am playing catch up today, so I am just peeking in inbetween tasks..

But to be honest what other docs are there ??? There's two large ones which give an impression of the night and info about the cars being swapped and Leahs shoes etc ...Theres some search warrents stuff ,theres the immunity offer to Brent , some doc from the hosptial and THATS IT grrrrrrrrrrrrr

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:31 pm

But to be honest what other docs are there ??? There's two large ones which give an impression of the night and info about the cars being swapped and Leahs shoes etc ...Theres some search warrents stuff ,theres the immunity offer to Brent , some doc from the hosptial and THATS IT grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ya, I don't know, I guess we really have to think about that fact that we are not seeing all of the evidence so it is hard to get all the answers we are looking for! Ugg...
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:47 pm

One thing that did stare back at me going through the pdf's we have, is that Brent took two polygraphs and was considered disceptive on both in the area of "are you withholding critical information regarding the disappearance of Leah" and "as anyone told you that they are responable for leah's disappearances" :shock: two

Last edited by prayerbone on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Out of interest Cory how did the headlight come up in conversation that day can you remember??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Denise, Nick and I were standing out in my driveway trying to think where Leah could be. We had just gone down and reported her missing. Denise (of course) and Nick wanted to continue looking. I wanted to stay home and wait to see if she would show up or call. I remember Nick saying that he didn't mind taking his car to look for Leah, but he hoped they wouldn't stop him again. I remember asking him what he got stopped for and he said his headlight was out. I didn't think much of it. (still wondering where on earth Leah was) I offered up my car - Denise drove and they came back periodically throughout the day. I even remember giving him $20 and told him he looked bad and needed to get something to eat.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Ok so we can i think put this one to bed , and presume he was pulled over for the light no biggie...

What u mean he looked bad sick or worried?

Man considering how much evidence is pointing at him he as a LOT of nerve if he did this crime...

Did they ever interview the guy in prision who we presume killed the othe girl was that guy ever considered??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:23 pm

by Cory Today at 5:11 pm

Denise, Nick and I were standing out in my driveway trying to think where Leah could be. We had just gone down and reported her missing. Denise (of course) and Nick wanted to continue looking. I wanted to stay home and wait to see if she would show up or call. I remember Nick saying that he didn't mind taking his car to look for Leah, but he hoped they wouldn't stop him again. I remember asking him what he got stopped for and he said his headlight was out. I didn't think much of it. (still wondering where on earth Leah was) I offered up my car - Denise drove and they came back periodically throughout the day. I even remember giving him $20 and told him he looked bad and needed to get something to eat.

Just a thought and of course My Own Opinion, BUT... Could he have possibly used and made up the being pulled over and headlight issue as an excuse NOT to use his car?? And then you would have to wonder WHY he would not want Cory in his car???? again JMO JMO.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:24 pm

I would have to say worried. Like he hadn't slept or ate in a while.

I don't know who you are talking about....the guy in prison???
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:25 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:
by Cory Today at 5:11 pm

Just a thought and of course My Own Opinion, BUT... Could he have possibly used and made up the being pulled over and headlight issue as an excuse NOT to use his car?? And then you would have to wonder WHY he would not want Cory in his car???? again JMO JMO.

Yes that is absolutely possible mommy! Great point!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:30 pm

Yeah the guy in prison

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:34 pm

prayerbone wrote:Yeah the guy in prison

What guy in prison????
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:35 pm

He was 100% pulled over by LE two times at 10.30 and later in the early morning...I personally think its because of the light...

The intriguing thing is why was he worried enough between 9.15 and 10 to change cars..But not worried enough at 10.15 onwards to stay in the Thunderbird

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:36 pm

y Cory Today at 5:34 pm

prayerbone wrote:
Yeah the guy in prison

What guy in prison????

I think I am just as confused as Cory, LOL... what guy in Prison?? :scratch:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 pm

I thought i saw a post about a young girl in the area 2 years later ,who's body was never found , but who's killer is now in prison???

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 pm

prayerbone wrote:I thought i saw a post about a young girl in the area 2 years later ,who's body was never found , but who's killer is now in prison???

OH!!!! You're talking about Brooke Wilberger from Corvallis!! Joel Courtney....and YES I believe he was questioned about Leah.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Wow its mentioned in a Article that he might of been considered..It mentions Leah in the article...

Not very nice read i'm afraid...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Also police wondered if he was involved in the disappearance of Stephanie Condon, 14, Douglas County town of Tri-City

Sheesh what a world we live in

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah I think it's normal procedure to check other cases where a suspect could possibly be involved.

There is much to read about Brooke. What a beautiful girl. I wish they could at least find her remains.

I know this is a bit off topic but....
This week is fair week for Coos County. I think the last time I went to the fair was when my Grandson was like 2 (He is now 7). I don't go to the fair anymore. For those of you who don't know, Myrtle Point Oregon is where the county fair is held and is only 9 miles from Coquille. The Coos County Fair was where Jeremy Bright disappeared from 23 years ago. His remains have never been found and Jeremy is believed to be no longer with us. His poor family is obviously STILL devastated so many years later. Jeremy disappeared on August 14,1986. He was only 14. I'm sorry for getting off topic....but Jeremy lays very heavy on my mind this time of year especially. Maybe some prayers for his family at this time would be good as they grieve for Jeremy. I know I am praying for them. If anyone is interested in Jeremy's case here's one of the sites with info....www.cvcrimestop.com.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Ok here goes this going to be very rough and stuff can be removed or added to , i'm not precious so copy and paste and remove or add to okkkkk...I'm using Chicagos notes because there wonderful , hope you dont mind...

...............................................................................................................

28th June 2000 Weather Good ( i presume) It gets dark from 9.45 onwards..

Leah is in a relation of 8 months with NM(split once in this period due to Cory concerns of his effect on Leah she was tearful and he was older ) ..Unknow to the family a school teacher Sharon Nelson , as stated physical abuse did appear in their relationship, she discribed observing Leah on occasion hitting Boyfriend and he would respond in defense and was known to have a flash temper..It as been noted that Cory had booked an appointment for Leah at a health clinc ?? To discuss birth control..

LF-victim Leah Freeman, she was wearing a white “wifebeater” t-shirt, jeans, Nike shoes
CC-victim's mother
NM-victim's boyfriend
BB-boyfriend's best friend
SM-victim's friend
DF-victim's sister
TM-local resident who finds evidence
SN-high school teacher

Afternoon hours of 6/28/00-

NM and LF and LF spent time at LF's home located at 1173 Knott Street, Coquille, OR 97423 cleaning NM's car,its been graduation and theres some writing on the car to the effect of "2000 rock" etc ...Car is a '67 blue Mustang
LF/NM leave Cory as stated as its not a school night ,LF is allowed out to 11pm..They pick up BB, then to NM's home at 56246 Baker Road for videos
They travel to BB's grandparents (who are on holiday) home at 2008 North Fir to watch the videos
NM/BB leave to pick up food, they come back and they eat...
In one affidavit it seems BB's girlfriend was also at the home < Mystery woman name unknown to us,could well be a great witness of moods running up to and after the day..

7pm-
NM takes LF to SM's home 444 ½ Elm Street...We are told by Cory he was schelduled to return and pick Leah up..

7-9pm-NM States he drove around town then to the Haga residents then Fast Marts then drove to pick Leah up << pretty sure ive read this HELP NEEDED... But 3 male friends report meeting with NM and smoking marijuana at Johnson Mill Pond. He was driving the blue Mustang. (Note: Later in the evening they saw him again driving a maroon Thunderbird his parents car.)
NM indicates to the group hes going to pick Leah up

8.45ish-9pm
LF wants to go jogging with SM, SM's mother denies request and there is a shouting match between mother/daughter, within hearing of LF...There as been some thoughts about the timing of this jog ,why didn't they request it earlier when SM mother may of been more agreeable , and why so close to Leah's lift , some people are of the opinon the jog could of been a ruse to go somewhere. Cory as contacted SM and its a fact they wanted to go for a jog ..
LF leaves SM's home alone on foot approximately at 9.00 Its been thought of as odd leaving so soon considering your lifts expected , but Cory as confirmed with SM that LF was annoyed at the arguement she overheard ,apparently LF had the habbit of jogging with SM and then NM arriving and driving off with him and leaving SM to return home on her home...Its worth noting that Cherie said Leah had seemed strange this evening , were not sure why , but Cory does state DF Leah sister mentioned NM had apparentley argued with Leah this as been confirmed to be about SM asking LF to come over to her house without him , were not entirely sure if thats enough of a reason for Leah to be acting strange in of itself...

The assumption is she is walking back to her home on Knott Street..

9.00-9.15 NM shows up at SM's approximately 9.00/05 to pick her up and learns LF has left , it would appear they've missed each other by minutes.. He drives up Central to Knott and back again looking for LF,. Cory as stated this trip would be roughly 6 mins excluding stopping or talking to anyone so roughly NM would be returning back down Central at 9.10-9.15..

9:05-9:15pm-
LF seen by a witness passing McKay's Market on Central the witness states she looks angry arms crossed and eyes down..This would place her walking past a telephone and , people have wondered if she rang anyone , Cory felt this was doubtful..
LF seen by 2 witnesses passing Hunter's Restaurant on Central, north of McKay's
LF seen by witness passing Oregon Federal Credit Union, north of Hunter's

9:15-9:30pm-
NM shows up at Denny's Pizza to ask DF if she has seen LF Then says "he as to go because someones in the car"..He leaves we presume still in the Mustang.. (Note: NM did not mention this stop at Denny's to the police, DF did)

This section of LE notes are very ambigous !! If NM did state this at 9.15-9.30 we can presume its Kristen with NM..Kristen is a local girl known to NM ,Cory as stated she wasn't a friend of Leah's , and that Leah would more then likely be annoyed she was driving around with NM ...There are rumors that she was jealous of Leah....HELP NEEDED

9:45-10pm-
2 witnesses see NM at Fast Mart on Central in maroon Thunderbird parents car , one witness states the time as between 9-10 another after dark which would be later then 9.45...

It would take NM around 15 round trip to drive to his parents and drive back to of been seen at Fast Mart..This is presuming the car was not brought to him or parked locally...

10:15pm-
NM goes back to SM's and after a short conversation they pursuade NM to call LF's home, she is not there...

10:30pm-
NM stopped by LE (local PD) in blue Mustang..NM states to Cory the following day that he had been pulled by LE for a broken light ,we can only presume this was the reason...Also Cory remembers that NM stated to her in the following day's that he informed the police that he was looking for Leah,its unknown if he said this at 10.30 or later when hes pulled over in the early morning...Though we now know he smoked weed earlier in the night , we know of no one observing that NM appeared stoned/drunk etc not the police,Cheri or her mother to our knowledge ...

That hes now in the Mustang again , this means that NM as driven back to change his cars again another 15 min return journey...Again this is presuming the car was not brought to him or parked locally

11:00pm-
NM picks up BB and they drive around looking for LF, drops BB off around 2:30am

11:00-11:30pm
NM shows up at Denny's Pizza again, talks with DF, says something about having “someone” in the car and having to go. (Note: NM did not mention this stop at Denny's to the police, DF did)

This section of LE notes are very ambigous !! If NM did state this at 11-11.30 we can presume its BB with him because NM as stated to LE he picked him up at 11.00 ish, i guess Kristen could be with them too...Kristen is a local girl known to NM ,Cory as stated she wasn't a friend of Leah's and that Leah would more then likely be annoyed she was driving around with NM...There are rumors that she was jealous of Leah... HELP NEEDED ..

11:30pm-
TM finds Nike shoe off Elm Street and picks it up thinking it might belong to one of his children or other neighborhood children (Note: this is different section of Elm, close to BB's grandparents on the other side of town)

early morning hours of 6/29-
NM stopped by LE (local PD) in blue Mustang

2:30am-
NM goes to LF's home, sees a light in her room and attempts to contact her through the window. No response so he goes home ,but doesn't knock or talk to family..

NEXT MORNING

Morning of 6/29-
CC contacts NM, says LF hasn't come home and they go looking for her along Central

6/29-
LE (local PD) goes to BB's grandparent's home,(It must be noted that the granparents were on Hols) no one is there. On the deck they see a white men's sleeveless t-shirt as well as beer cans. They do not collect the shirt.
LE realizes later LF was wearing a men's t-shirt (“wifebeater”) and return to BB's grandparent's home. The deck area has been cleaned and the shirt is gone.
NM provides LE with a picture of LF taken on 6/28
SN interviewed, indicates there appeared to be abuse in NM/LF's relationship, on occasion LF would hit NM and he would strike back, NM has a “flash temper”.

7/3-
TM comes to LE (local PD) with the shoe, realizing it might be connected to LF's disappearance

7/4-
LE (Sheriff's Department) finds another Nike shoe in rural area known as Hudson Ridge, near Fairview

7/5-
NM fails polygraph

7/6-
Search warrant executed on blue Mustang.
Items seized were vacuum sweepings and duct tape end, ¾ inch piece. One roll of film and a partial roll of photos were also taken by the crime lab.

7/20-
Grand Jury convened, 14 witnesses testify

7/27-
BB partially fails polygraph 2 times, immunity offered by DA's office

7/28-
Search warrant executed on NM's home and his person.
Items seized included mouth swabs, head/pubic hair, 1 roll 35 MM film, red Thunderbird (belongs to his parents), white sock w/ stain, 9 rolls of exposed film, purple women's sweatshirt, 1 package of photos dated 7/1/00, documents/notes/letters, pipes, bongs, marijuana, film canister w/ white powder, miscellaneous drug paraphernalia, marijuana seeds, broken light bulb, modified smoking device, high school annual (yearbook). Tested but not taken, Easton and Louisville Slugger baseball bats.

7/29-
Search warrant executed at BB's grandparent's. Items seized included sheepskin with stain and red/white quilt

8/3-
LF's body located near milepost 1.5 Lee Valley Road, down an embankment

Grand Jury where NM and BB were to testify called off after LF's body found.

Last edited by prayerbone on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 am; edited 4 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:41 pm

ok red bits are either added info we've learnt since orginal post by Chicago,, or stuff which would be helpful cleared up

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:46 pm

Wow!!! You are amazing!!! That's alot! :98:

Here is something that stuck out from that:

2:30 am:
NM goes to LF's home, "SEE'S A LIGHT IN HER ROOM" AND ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT HER THROUGH THE WINDOW.

Um.....that doesn't even compute!! I mean, he did NOT see a light in her room IF in fact he came by there. Think about it. I woke up at 3:30 am. This is the upper level of a two story house. There were NO lights on at 2:30.....um no way. I flipped her light on at 3:30 to find that Leah was NOT in her bed. No light was on in Leah's room. Nor my room which was directly across from Leah's.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Thk God we had Chicago's great notes huh? At least we have a few more added bits coming through slowly!!!

What about ur father did you say he stayed with you in another post?? Could it be his light he saw??

Cory after they rang you at 10.15 what were u thinking ?? I'm guessing ur not overly worried at this stage?? thinking it was a party like my mum would of ?

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Cory wrote:Yeah I think it's normal procedure to check other cases where a suspect could possibly be involved.

There is much to read about Brooke. What a beautiful girl. I wish they could at least find her remains.

I know this is a bit off topic but....
This week is fair week for Coos County. I think the last time I went to the fair was when my Grandson was like 2 (He is now 7). I don't go to the fair anymore. For those of you who don't know, Myrtle Point Oregon is where the county fair is held and is only 9 miles from Coquille. The Coos County Fair was where Jeremy Bright disappeared from 23 years ago. His remains have never been found and Jeremy is believed to be no longer with us. His poor family is obviously STILL devastated so many years later. Jeremy disappeared on August 14,1986. He was only 14. I'm sorry for getting off topic....but Jeremy lays very heavy on my mind this time of year especially. Maybe some prayers for his family at this time would be good as they grieve for Jeremy. I know I am praying for them. If anyone is interested in Jeremy's case here's one of the sites with info....www.cvcrimestop.com.
Aimi...remember we watched the story about Jeremy Bright on Unsloved Mysteries one day just after we moved here. Do you remember?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:01 pm

prayerbone wrote:Thk God we had Chicago's great notes huh? At least we have a few more added bits coming through slowly!!!

What about ur father did you say he stayed with you in another post?? Could it be his light he saw??

Cory after they rang you at 10.15 what were u thinking ?? I'm guessing ur not overly worried at this stage?? thinking it was a party like my mum would of ?
Being the mom of teens (Past and present)...you get used to your kids coming in late...much after you've gone to sleep...or even sneaking back out again...(Aimi?....lol) It is something that happens so commonly..I can't at all think Cory was thinking anything unusual was about to occur. Teens are unpridictable at best.

Last edited by treaves on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispellings)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 pm

I KNOW! CHICAGO IS awesome!!!!!!!!!

Yes....my Mom and my Dad. It was actually THEIR home. Their bedroom was down stairs. And yes he could have very will seen a light on DOWN THERE ....Dad was up late always taking his medications but THAT would not make a light shine UPSTAIRS. So again, why not knock at the door or ring the bell??? IMO.....it is a false statement. (on Nicks part of course) None of this adds up.
When he rang me at 10:oo pm.....no I didn't think much of it at all really. He didn't sound frantic or anything like that. He just asked me if she was there and I said no. He then said something to the effect of "Oh ok.... I'll go find her and bring her home". (that is not an exact quote) I fell asleep and woke up at 3:30.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:08 pm

To true treaves hehe....

You know the one massive thing that sticks out to me ??

Is Leah walking when she's expecting a lift..Cory are you 100% certain that Leah was expecting to be picked up?? Because with the added info about them arguing ,makes me wonder if they fell out on the way to Cheri's , and she thought he wasn't going to pick her up...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:10 pm

That sounds a odd thing to say to you , considering hes ringing you a hr and a quarter after she's left Cheri's hmmmmmm

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Its all flipping odd if u ask me !!!! Why go all the way up to urs and not knock , but go all the way back to Cheri's and then ring you ???

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Oh and my final question of the night (i think ) did Leah have a diary?

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Something is definetely odd here, Sherlock!....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:20 pm

Cory...are there more docs someplace? I thought the County...the FBI...all those agencies would have their own reports...wouldn't they? Plus...wasn't there an interagency call out whcih involved all the area PD's? It just seems like there has to be more that is public information than what is there. HOw did you get the one's you have? Maybe there are more available now???? Just wondering. I ♥️ you!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 pm

It also may seem strange to some that I waited to report her missing until (???? can't remembe exactly what time I did that!!!) 9:30 or 10:00 am. When I woke up at 3:30 and she was not in her bed, my heart fell to my knees for a second, then my thoughts were that it was too late when Nick found her and perhaps he had just taken her to his parents with him. That maybe Grandpa (my Dad) had locked her out. I laid back down and waited for my Mom to get up. When I heard her(Mom had a schedule as to when she would get up EVERY morning at 6:30) I went downstairs and told her that Leah wasn't home. I remember the scared look on her face. I told her that I was going to call the McGuffins to see if maybe she wasn't out there. My Dad got up shortly thereafter. (He was very ill and things like Leah would really upset him and he couldn't breathe so we were always careful what we said to Dad not to upset him). It was just before 8:00 and Mom slipped and Dad found out. So he was getting to where he couldn't breathe. I wanted to wait til 8:00 to call the McGuffins as I knew Kathy (Nicks Mom) went to work around that time. So that's when I called their home and Kathy answered....then Nick came to town and we looked for Leah til whenever I went to the dept.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 pm

prayerbone wrote:Oh and my final question of the night (i think ) did Leah have a diary?

Yes she did! It's in evidence I guess. I never got the original but they made a copy of it for me. Not much in it really. She didn't have it for long or didn't keep it up.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:28 pm

treaves wrote:Something is definetely odd here, Sherlock!....
ROFLMAO
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:31 pm

As a mom of teens...it does not seem at all odd to me that you waited....especially here in this small unassuming town. I would have automatically assumed that (if it were my child) he/she was someplace and neglected to call me...or couldn't get in and went to a friends house...etc. I hope you have not been beating yourself up about that all these years. YOU DID NOTHING WRONG CORY!!!!! Any of us would have done the same. Me for one.

Last edited by treaves on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid spelling again!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 pm

treaves wrote:Cory...are there more docs someplace? I thought the County...the FBI...all those agencies would have their own reports...wouldn't they? Plus...wasn't there an interagency call out whcih involved all the area PD's? It just seems like there has to be more that is public information than what is there. HOw did you get the one's you have? Maybe there are more available now???? Just wondering. I ♥️ you!

Hmmm. I think I will call Paul Fraziers office tomorrow. I haven't pissed them off for a while now!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO His secretary will be soooo happy to hear from me!!!!Ha Ha! I know the CPD won't give me anything!!!
The ones I have are from the DA.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next