Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

+21
concerned4all
raine1953
jeanne1807
cherylz
misshesitation
lisette
laga
michelle_ellis
mayhem
prayerbone
CritterFan1
Nama
janie
TerryRose
Love4My5boys
Juanita
adelacruz
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
charminglane
Cory
25 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 13 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Are we sure this isn't FRIDAY the 13th? I always have great luck!!

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 13 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by Cory Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Pretty sure it's Tuesday Wrap!!! Damn!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 pm

It is my hope that keeping Leah on the home page this whole month, like a vigil will bring justice for Leah. The test results are suppose to be back by the end of this month. This month is dragging by for me as I am waiting for an arrest in this case. If this month went any slower I could retire.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 pm

I feel the same way, Lindamarie, this month seems like a year.........I keep thinking of Cory and imagine how long these years have seemed to her. I can't wait to see her have some peace when her job to get justice for Leah is done. Bring on that arrest!!!!!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Tell me about it ladies! I refuse to change my Avatar until an arrest is made.. Heck, I refuse to take it down until the SOB is convicted by a Jury stripper
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:38 pm

I noticed her pic on the home page had been there for quite a while!! Thanks Ladies!! BlowKisses

My God this month is DRAGGING!!!!!!!!! Driving me NUTS!! :willy:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 pm

angel butterfly
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 pm

I just wanted to bump this thread up and just say....

JUSTICE FOR LEAH FREEMAN!

We are all just waiting and waiting for an update or an ARREST.. It is the end of April, I am hoping this is the week we finally get the news we have all been waiting for!!

Fingers Crossed angel
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm

If any of you have ever heard of Paula Zahn please write in to her about Leah's story. She did a wonderful job with Brook Wilbergers story. The media needs to put some pressure on for information or an arrest. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:39 pm

lindamarie wrote:If any of you have ever heard of Paula Zahn please write in to her about Leah's story. She did a wonderful job with Brook Wilbergers story. The media needs to put some pressure on for information or an arrest. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Great idea, I was thinking of her show the other night.
Justice very soon for Leah!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:17 am

Today is April 24th. Everyday I sit and wait some what patiently for the promise we were given that there is new evidence, people are talking and there will be an arrest. Justice should not move this slow. This year marks the 10th anniversary of Leah's tragic death. If we hear of nothing by the end of April I say it is time we have an uprising to meet with Leah's family and protest in front of the DA's office with the petition in hand. We have a right to protest. Leah and Cory have a right to justice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:00 am

lindamarie wrote:Today is April 24th. Everyday I sit and wait some what patiently for the promise we were given that there is new evidence, people are talking and there will be an arrest. Justice should not move this slow. This year marks the 10th anniversary of Leah's tragic death. If we hear of nothing by the end of April I say it is time we have an uprising to meet with Leah's family and protest in front of the DA's office with the petition in hand. We have a right to protest. Leah and Cory have a right to justice.

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!! I'll be there, somehow, someway! I have been so worried their announced "actions" were a ploy to get the heat off. Hopefully, that is not the case, but we must let them know there is a lot of us and we are behind Cory 1000%, demanding justice for precious Leah and peace for Cory.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:04 am

Aw....Thanks to all of you. My heart got a bit heavy to read that some think that this may have been a ploy on LE's part. I truthfully don't think that is possible. But then again......what do I know after ten long years? I was SO upbeat when they made the announcement back in January, but once again found myself on that horiffic roller coaster ride I have been forced on for so damn long now. I made the statement in an article back then, and now I feel the need to repeat it......Someone put the brakes on my life ten years ago.
I have Grandkids now and another daughter - It would be nice just to get on solid ground with them...... You know - Be a Mother to Denise and Granny to the kids. It is so hard to do when there is a huge obstacle in the way. I try, but I don't think I have been able to be the Mother and Grandmother that I know I can be. So unfair.
If there is one thing I've learned over the past few months it is this.........I will NOT hold back any more. I have a voice and I CAN use it. And I SHOULD. I have a right to my opinions and views. I am the voice for our precious Leah now (since hers was taken from her) and I WILL use it. I am ready. May 1st is the deadline in my views. I will wait no longer. I will become louder than loud - no matter what. It is far past time to get this case to court. Just exactly how much does the DA think my family and myself can take? Let HIM walk in MY shoes for a day and see what HIS actions would be.
I may be a nobody - no one famous or popular - but I AM Leah's Mother and I will defend her and fight for her until the bitter end.
C'Mon.........LE, The DA, my family and myself know who killed Leah. It is no secret. So why is he not in jail? Why has he not been arrested? There is enough to prosecute him. Waiting for results to come back?? Ok...I must have STUPID written on my forehead huh? Hardly. For the love of God......even the perpetrator is waiting to be arrested. He knows what he did. And he knows everyone else knows too.

Will it EVER end?
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 am

Cory, you have been more than patient...I hear the frustration in your post and I completely understand it!! We are praying for results in this coming week...
As I was thinking about the case, I wondered whatever became of the car(s) that Nick was driving that night (Didn't he switch cars a couple of times?) Do you know if they are still around, if they got rid of them (especially the one with the stripped trunk), if they got rid of them soon after Leah's murder? I just wondered if they had any forensics from them and what happened to them...Do you know where they are?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:49 pm

I would think they've had "evidence" for almost 10 years..unless something transpired of late that brought new "evidence". Even so, that was in January. Almost 4 months have passed. Evidence doesn't take that long to come back.

Cory, I seriously cannot blame you for being beyond "over it". I know there are probably things you cannot tell us and I think I speak for all here when I say that we understand that. But, still. Something has GOT to give.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:28 pm

This waiting game has gone on long enough. I know they have to do their job and wait until they have all their ducks in a row la la la BUT I swear, if we don't hear anything by the end of this week, I know they are going to get an EAR full from Cory, AS they SHOULD

Cory, Make sure you take your big Long Whip witcha if you if u end up having to go down there!! Whip
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:53 pm

The only problem that I see with raising hell is: Will it help or hurt? Meaning - will it make LE turn away from the case? You never know with them.

Option 1: Do nothing and wait. (But, for how long????)
" 2: Raise hell.
" 3: Try to keep temper in check but state your beef.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Sorry Cory, I should not have brought that thought up, I just want LE and anyone else to know, we here at VH have your back and we will not let up until there is justice for Leah. I will be dancing the day an arrest is made and I know your heart is a little more at peace.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Sorry Guys! I am just totally frustrated. It is so damn annoying.....Ten years of this and I just felt the need to vent!!!

Mommy.....My whip is by the door ready to go!!! (JK!)

Wrap.....I think I'll choose #3 there on your choices! #1 is not an option....I've waited long enough. And #2 most likely will get me nowhere.

Laga.....Please don't apologize! I think you should have brought that up. After all this time - NOTHING would surprise me. I KNOW you have Leah's and my best interest at heart. And hey! I'll be dancing with you when an arrest is made if you don't mind!!!! Dancing
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 am

There is a full moon on the 28th. So maybe that will stir things up. I am ready to for justice to be served. Justice for Leah and her family!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Wow...........Gives me strength to go on seeing that picture again. Thank you LM. Couple Hugging
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:45 pm

It is my understanding that picture was taken during Leah's last Christmas. As you can all tell Leah is really on my mind today.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Yep LM! I took it myself.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:03 pm

There seems to be a duplicate of this thread...Not sure why...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 pm

On my mind all the time these days, especially this month....... I believe there is something to be said for collective mind power. So...... Dannels, HEAR US....make an arrest already!!!!!!!! It's past time for justice for precious Leah and peace for Cory

That is a beautiful picture of her!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:19 pm

One is for public viewing only. This is the thread we blog on. The other thread is locked so we don't confuse the two. Because of some things that started happening months ago we had to move the threads we blog on to the members only area. It is sad that people would come here to spy on Cory, her feelings and her words.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:39 pm

lindamarie wrote:One is for public viewing only. This is the thread we blog on. The other thread is locked so we don't confuse the two. Because of some things that started happening months ago we had to move the threads we blog on to the members only area. It is sad that people would come here to spy on Cory, her feelings and her words.
Whoever would do that needs to be ashamed of themselves. How could anyone treat the mother desperate for answers that way is beyond me. Hugs to Cory! angel
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Ya know what Laga? I think it is the DA that is holding us up. Rumor had it months ago that Dannels was ready for the arrest. Believe it or not, in my heart and in my mind I truly believe Dannels' heart is in this case. I really do. As for the DA?? I just don't know. Too many irons in the fire or something.

And yes LM......how pathetic that "some" would come her to spy on my words and feelings. Only those who are worried would bother to do that wouldn't you think??
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:41 pm

CRITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Couple Hugging
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Only those who are worried would bother to do that wouldn't you think??
wink shocked3 huge waste
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:50 pm

I have that same feeling as you about Dannels, I thought he was speaking sincerely and seemed determined to make an arrest. I also have your same feeling about the DA.....even before he was soooo freakin' rude and unkind to you in your meeting........I have not liked him. These feelings are my own perceptions from what I have read of his actions and inactions on this case and others. I do not know if he is inept, naive, too close to the murderer, or what, but in my opinion he is what my mama would call a "piss poor DA". (sorry if language is offensive)
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Cory, if there is anything we can do, just say the word. No mother should have to endure the loss of a child. But the torture of 10 years of waiting for justice is beyond reasonable understanding. Prayers and blessings!!!!! Couple Hugging
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Thank you WithPurpose. Your words are much appreciated.

Laga....LOL!!! Piss poor isn't offensive in my book!!! But I truly do feel Dannels' heart is in this case. Glad to hear you got the same impression. Sometimes I question if the DA is "scared" to try this case. WTH?? Believe me when I say I strongly feel that "someone" should already be behind bars. This is just unbelievable. Hard as hell to swallow. But you know me....... I will not stop. I have way too much ambition to go on with my fight for justice. (Wow.... I can't believe I have been at this for soooo long. I am patting myself on the back for hanging in there!!!)
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks, LM, for the info about the two threads...I do remember something about that now...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:31 am

If anyone would like to contact Mark Dannels, here is how to do so.
Coquille Police Department

Chief of Police
Mark Dannels

851 N Central Blvd
Coquille, Oregon 97423

(541)396-2114
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:34 pm

3 more days and Counting until the end of April has reached the END of the month! I hope we hear something by Friday... OR ELSE.... over reaction
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:17 pm

I am not sure what we should do next. Please do start writing in to shows like Paula Zahn. Contact JVM though her web site. Remind the media that this is the 10yr anniversary of her murder. I know we need to get some attention back on Leah. All the media needs is a little reminder that this case has not been solved, no arrest has been made as of yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 pm

I heard back from the producer of the "On the case with Paula Zahn". Sounds like they may contact cory through Leahs website.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:05 pm

lindamarie wrote:I heard back from the producer of the "On the case with Paula Zahn". Sounds like they may contact cory through Leahs website.

Yahoooo! you rock :woot:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:35 pm

That is great news LM! What did she say to you?? I agree
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe this will also jolt the DA!! you rock
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 pm

In the response I got by email they asked for cory's contact information. I sent them a link to Leah's web site. I knew they could contact cory safely through that site. It sure can't hurt for a few other people to write in to the ID channel "On the case with Paula Zahn". I think I posted a link up thread. If not someone let me know and I will post it. I did not promote VH with them as I did not want to them to think I was doing this for any reason other than for Leah.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:05 pm

LM, I'm trying to send something to the "On the case with Paula Zahn" via the website. In the upthread post, you mentioned to write to JVM. What or who does JVM stand for? Trying to figure out how to send something to them. Thanks!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Issues with Jane. Her website is part of HLN.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i would love to see Leah story on JVM. I love that woman and her show.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Done! Maybe if enough of us send a request, it will get on the show!
Fingers Crossed
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:37 pm

WithPurpose wrote:LM, I'm trying to send something to the "On the case with Paula Zahn" via the website. In the upthread post, you mentioned to write to JVM. What or who does JVM stand for? Trying to figure out how to send something to them. Thanks!!!!
Jane Velez-Mitchell. She is one heck of a lot better than Nancy Grace as she actually CARES!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:12 pm

I feel let down. Were we told that there would be an arrest in this case? Were we told that new evidence was discovered and the test results would be back by the end of April? Maybe I read that article wrong but that is my take on it. So what is the deal? Why is the media who covered that news conference not following up on this story? Cory who can I contact locally that handles news coverage?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am wondering what is happening too. I have written several emails to all the news personalities I thought might pick this story up and get it in the spotlight. I have only gotten form responses saying they will take it into consideration. The above link is the local that carried the press release from Dannels.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next