Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

+14
gnreed
Turtle
TerryRose
CritterFan1
cherylz
artgal16
raine1953
Wrapitup
laga
charminglane
Praying For Faith
jeanne1807
Nama
lisette
18 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 15 Empty Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by gnreed Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:57 pm

There are no facts yet. You believe LE is lying and twisting words from SA and BD on the affadavits.
I don't.
If SA cared for Hailey as he said he did, it's hard for me to believe he is posting on mikemyers.net about masks. Seems as though he would be doing all he could to find her.
No, instead he is holed up at his grandmas house playing on the computer.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 15 Empty Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by laga Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm

The 911 tapes were about a domestic issue. (Did you listen to the conversation of the cops on that tape, did that sound professional to you?) Billie never denied anything about the tapes or the reason for them. There is no mention of threats to Hailey as LE said there were. If there was more than a domestic issue WHY didn't LE arrest adkins for the threats??????
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:05 pm

You are missing the point. Laga. Hope you are right but I don't think so.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Mr. Reed,
I find it hard to believe I missed your point. I think maybe you missed a few of mine. :tongue in chee

Seriously, I am so sure I am right that the person/persons responsible for the disappearance of Hailey are not adkins or Billie. The thing that is so infuriating is I feel LE in the beginning bungled this case and the odds of finding Hailey alive are shrinking. I am very glad Mark Klass is there, gives me hope!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

I don't think anyone is trying to be 'right' here'. We are all simply hoping and praying that Hailey will be found, safe - that is the real point.
We are here for the same reason and I think many of us are not concentrating on facts that have not been verified yet. That's all.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Do I hear Billie saying SA threatened to kill her and her ex husband? Well now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:33 pm

In this one Billie is suicidal? That is why they are being dispatched?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:41 pm

LE:
"We will not release evidence found in the car until an arrest is made."

This was on the Nancy Grace show tonight. It sounds to me like they have evidence. I applaud them for not rushing and making an arrest.

In addition, evidence linked to Hailey Dunn has been recovered at a Landfill. They are not saying which one yet. They are presently searching the Landfill in Snyder, Texas.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Caylee Daily is reporting the same information. POSSIBLE evidence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:53 pm

gnreed wrote:LE:
"We will not release evidence found in the car until an arrest is made."

This was on the Nancy Grace show tonight. It sounds to me like they have evidence. I applaud them for not rushing and making an arrest.

In addition, evidence linked to Hailey Dunn has been recovered at a Landfill. They are not saying which one yet. They are presently searching the Landfill in Snyder, Texas.

OK. My opinion only but I absolutely do not count on the NG show for anything accurate.
Didn't I read that the FBI was going to be handling media? I'll try to look for that link but I'm sure I read that a few days ago.
I'm glad to hear that LE (which there are several out there now) are doing exactly what they should be doing, searching every landfill around CC.
Evidence can be blood on a band aid. I can find the link for that if you want it.

What I love about VH is that we all can agree to disagree and sometimes what another says does open my eyes to what I haven't thought of.

Let's pray that Hailey is found safe, that's all that matters at this very moment.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:55 pm

lindamarie wrote:

In this one Billie is suicidal? That is why they are being dispatched?

I think that's the third 911 tape and SA the one calling saying that she is threatening to take a bunch of pills.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:55 pm

Raine, you are exactly correct. When it is all said and done, we all want Hailey found alive.

This is almost like a broken record typing those words. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Please make sure you all spell Hailey correctly on this thread and don't spell it like our precious HaLeigh Cummings. Thanks!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Yes Raine, you did read that the FBI would be making all statements, wonder why that hasn't happened. I would like to know why LE released a statement saying they would not be releasing evidence found in a car until an arrest is made. Just as many have assumed, that statement implies they found incriminating evidence in a car that will lead to an arrest. They put that out there in the public mind without having to have anything to back it up, just like the little tidbit about the sulphuric acid. That just doesn't seem right to me, to inflame the public.

All other cases we have studied and learned about here we could answer at least some of the questions I asked about the suspect. I could come up with several sceneros and make the guilt of several others look like a possiblity. I will not do this but I hope someone in LE is.

laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:30 pm

[quote="laga"]Yes Raine, you did read that the FBI would be making all statements, wonder why that hasn't happened. I would like to know why LE released a statement saying they would not be releasing evidence found in a car until an arrest is made. Just as many have assumed, that statement implies they found incriminating evidence in a car that will lead to an arrest. They put that out there in the public mind without having to have anything to back it up, just like the little tidbit about the sulphuric acid. That just doesn't seem right to me, to inflame the public.
I did go back and I verified that too just now. JMOO, if it's local LE that released that statement them maybe they are dazzled by all the media. Yes, these things do inflame the public and I'm glad that DD is somewhere right now instead of a sitting duck. I sincerely hope that Billie and whoever else is in that home are safe because it just takes one person who 'thinks' they know what the facts are to do something violent. That is exactly why I'm not speculating on anything anymore in this case.

All other cases we have studied and learned about here we could answer at least some of the questions I asked about the suspect. I could come up with several sceneros and make the guilt of several others look like a possiblity. I will not do this but I hope someone in LE is.
I mean no disrespect, please don't take this wrong but I'm sure you could come up with many sceneros but that doesn't make them true. Please understand that I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion, you do. Hard cold facts that are proven is what LE needs and hopefully that's what they'll have.

[/quo
te]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Hard cold facts that are proven is what LE needs and hopefully that's what they'll have
I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:39 pm

I agree Raine, that is exactly why I said I would not speculate on any scenero nor other person who might be guilty. However, someone is responsible for Hailey's disappearance and to date noone has shown me how, when, where or why with respect to Billie or adkins.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:57 pm

I noticed tonight on NG that she (ng) seemed to calm down a bit with Mark Klass there.

I think this missing girl is just a tragedy. As all missing girls are.

Now we have another suspect due to the phone call that a listener called into the show. There is a prison somewhere in the area and they have work release programs.

Actually I think both laga and gnreed both make strong arguments. Both are passionate posters.

With everything we have heard about SA he does stand out in a crowd.

LE has a tough job and I am sure they are putting in the hours trying to solve this mystery and find Hailey.

Lets all just step back and breath.....
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

laga wrote:I agree Raine, that is exactly why I said I would not speculate on any scenero nor other person who might be guilty. However, someone is responsible for Hailey's disappearance and to date noone has shown me how, when, where or why with respect to Billie or adkins.

Laga, I read your post wrong! duct and run I feel like an idiot and I shouldn't try to post when my 2 yr old g'son is running around. head bang
I agree w/ you and this will teach me to slow down.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:37 am

jeanne1807 wrote:This is an interesting website it gives all the people involved. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for posting this, Jeanne! It helps clear up some of the confusion with all the names flying around fast & furiously!! For the longest time, I kept thinking that "Billie Dunn" was the father of Hailey (it's not a typical female name).

Laga & gnreed, you both have good points to make! Thanks for sharing your sides of the argument for and against SA. I agree that SA should not be considered the ONLY suspect in this case - it could be anyone! However, I think the MAIN reason that he is being considered a suspect is that he is Hailey's mom's boyfriend, and the last one to see Hailey alive. I do hope that LE is wrong, and that Hailey will be found alive somewhere... we must keep praying!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:56 am

Did anybody happen to hear BD say she is "hearing from SA" every few days on the NG show tonight.

How is that possible when just a few days ago she said she called over there and nobody would let her talk to him.

And that is strange because her message to Hailey was "run and call 911..I dont have a cell phone".

So how is she getting the messages from SA?

That woman just goes round and round with her stories.

NG Transcripts Jan. 20

GRACE: OK. Have you heard, or tried to reach Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend?

DUNN: No. Just every couple of days he`ll reach out. But we don`t really -- we don`t talk.

GRACE: To say what?

DUNN: Just to say he misses us, he loves us.

GRACE: Does he ever say anything about Hailey?

DUNN: He`s praying for her. Just the same as you`ve heard.

GRACE: Is it your understanding his lawyer has told him not to speak to you?

DUNN: Yes.

GRACE: Back to Jean Casarez. Jean, what do you know about the live- in boyfriend, the now no longer living there, Shawn Adkins, recently going online and posting photos of himself with Hailey?

So what is it Billie...yes, no, maybe? head bang
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:03 am

It is evident to me she still has a thing for him and wants him back. Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:35 am

COLORADO CITY — Marc Klaas stayed close to Billie Jean Dunn on Thursday while helping to organize the search for her daughter Hailey Dunn, who has been missing for more than three weeks.

Klaas, the president and founder of the KlaasKids Foundation, is helping Billie Jean Dunn and her estranged husband, Clint Dunn, cope as they search for their daughter, who was reported missing Dec. 28. She reportedly last was seen the day before.

"I have been through what they are going through, and I can be an example of how you get through this," Klaas said. "I'm here to represent the end of the tunnel."

It has been almost 18 years since 12-year-old Polly Hannah Klaas was abducted from her home in Petaluma, Calif, on Oct. 1, 1993. She was found strangled two months later. In 1996, Richard Allen Davis was convicted of her murder and today remains on death row at San Quentin State Prison.

For Marc Klaas, the pain never goes away.

He knows all too well the sleepless nights, the constant anguish and the possibility of a long-term search. Polly Klaas' body was found 65 days after she disappeared.

But Marc Klaas' advice to Hailey Dunn's parents was to stay involved and stay busy — which is why he stuck close to Billie Jean Dunn on Thursday.

"I want to her to get out of her house and get her up to the search center," Klaas said.

Klaas accompanied Billie Jean Dunn to the weekly Lion's Club luncheon.

"We need to get our arms around the fact that this may go on for a while," Klaas told the group.

Billie Jean Dunn expressed gratitude for members' efforts on behalf of her daughter.

"I want to thank everyone for the donations, the searches, every thought and everything," she said.

In recent weeks, Billie Jean Dunn has stayed close to home and concentrated on getting her daughter's name out both locally and nationally. This week, she has made nightly appearances on "Nancy Grace," a prime-time show on HLN.

Polly Klaas' kidnapping drew thousands of volunteers and became a national story through exposure on shows such as "20/20" and "America's Most Wanted."

"Billie is spot on with this," Klaas said. "She understands she has to keep this case in the public eye,"

Clint Dunn has been following leads on potential sightings of his daughter and handing out fliers along Interstate 20.

"People are applauding Clint's efforts," Klaas said.

The main thing is to stay engaged, he said.

"They (the Dunns) have both found a way to participate that is within their comfort zone," Klaas said. "I've seen where one or both of the parents don't get involved and that leads to a lot of questions."

Klaas said there are parallels with his daughter's case beyond the close ages of the girls.

Investigators have named Shawn Adkins, the former live-in boyfriend of Billie Jean Dunn, as a suspect. When Polly Klaas went missing, her father was convinced he knew who had done it. But, he acknowledged Thursday, he was wrong.

"I had the motive figured out and everything going on," he said. "When the case was finally resolved they (investigators) were right — the guy had nothing to do with it."

So although the focus of Hailey Dunn's case appears to be on Adkins, Klaas cautioned that all leads must be followed.

"You can't allow yourself to get tunnel vision," Klaas said. "If you focus all your efforts in one direction, that girl may be driving around right in front of you."

Klaas said he was so touched by the Hailey Dunn case that he traveled to Colorado City to assist his foundation's director of search operations, Brad Dennis, with organizing the search for the Colorado Middle School student.

The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, a Texas-based group, also is helping to coordinate volunteers in searches for evidence.

"We can bring something to these cases, expertise, an example, and sometimes good results," Klaas said. "When I come to these, I feel like this is my purpose, this is how it started for me."

But he also brings hope.

"We are hoping to find a live little girl," Klaas said. "We have got to have hope."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 15 Empty There is video here. Cannot embed

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 am

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- While there have been reports that evidence was found in the search of landfills in Snyder and Colorado City Thursday, the spokesperson for the investigation tells KTXS if anything substantial had been found he would have known about it and yet the search continues.
Law enforcement pushed forward with the search as did volunteers who came out Thursday despite frigid temperatures to comb fields looking for Dunn. Even though the number of searchers has fallen, the community is not giving up.
"We still want this child home," said middle school teacher Kristy Lloyd," Even though it's over three weeks she's still in our heart's still in our faith we want this child home."
A prayer vigil will be held tomorrow, the second since the little girl has gone missing. Held at the gym for the First Baptist Church in Colorado City from 7:00 to 8:00 PM.
"Let's just do a prayer vigil, no candles involved," Lloyd said, "Just get everyone together in one place pray for Hailey, pray she comes homes, pray for the family."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:41 am

COLORADO CITY — Investigators accompanied by cadaver dogs converged on two landfills Thursday to search for clues in the case of Hailey Dunn, the Colorado City teenager now missing for more than three weeks.

Cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice were used at the Colorado City landfill and the Snyder Solid Waste Disposal Facility. It was the second time both landfills were searched. Officials said the searches were planned as part of the investigation process and were not conducted based on tips.

"We don't know if there have been any hits," said Pete Kampfer, city manager and spokesman for the task force investigating the disappearance of the 13-year-old Colorado Middle School student.

On HLN's "Nancy Grace" on Thursday night, it was reported previous hits at those landfills prompted a return.

Kampfer would not confirm the "Nancy Grace" reports, saying investigators have released no information pertaining to hits on a body or evidence at any landfill relating to Hailey Dunn.

Kampfer said there were hits at the Allied Waste Services landfill in Abilene during a search last Thursday and Friday.

"Cadaver dogs will hit on things like blood," he said. "It may or may not be related to the case."

Investigators also continued to search rural areas in Scurry County on Thursday.

Kampfer said investigators have searched around several bodies of water in the area, including Lake Colorado City, the banks of the Colorado River and along Lone Wolf Creek, which is in the southern part of the city.

Kampfer said there have been no leads to prompt authorities to drag those bodies of water.

Shawn Adkins, the former boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, has been under surveillance since law enforcement identified him as a suspect, Kampfer said. No longer working for WSI, a Snyder oil field service company, Adkins' recent whereabouts have not been publicly announced by law enforcement.

"He is being monitored, but he is not under arrest," Kampfer said. "When he wants to go and do something, he is free to go."

No arrests have been made in the case, Kampfer added.

Only about 20 volunteers showed up to search Thursday, possibly because of cold weather.

Volunteers also continued to search in Scurry County, said Brad Dennis, director of search operations for KlaasKids Foundation, who came this week to Mitchell County to organize volunteer search efforts. The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, based in Friendswood, also is participating in volunteer efforts.

"We also searched a lot of areas around the Colorado River," Dennis said.

Dennis said he trained volunteers in search techniques. Education continued at the command center Thursday night to train volunteers in documentation, debriefing, mapping and logging evidence.

Meanwhile, law enforcement continued to chase down tips. A rumor Thursday that Hailey Dunn was at the Mitchell County Memorial Hospital proved to be false.

On Wednesday, tips to the media that a girl's body had been found at a landfill in Coleman also were found to be untrue.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 am

So although the focus of Hailey Dunn's case appears to be on Adkins, Klaas cautioned that all leads must be followed.

"You can't allow yourself to get tunnel vision," Klaas said. "If you focus all your efforts in one direction, that girl may be driving around right in front of you."
Bravo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Thought i was going to scream at NG last night. She needs to work on properly saying words. If she said Colo RAD o City once more I was going to lose it. there is no Rad, it is more like colo ra doe
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:35 pm

You know it's funny that a whole lot more people didn't have to take Polys.

Clint and his GF never took one and now they have found Haileys red earring on the floor of their home they have moved from.

I think in an investigation like this all the principals should have been required to take a poly. Everybody that saw Hailey that last day.

I look forward to what Mark Klass has to say after he leaves Colorado City. Not what he says..but what he says.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Guess what? it is Colo RAY do~ at least in Texas!
Several news stories on video and also new conferences
thats how they say it! who'd a thunk it!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 pm

artgal, you're right...I have heard local reporters, LE, etc. pronounce it Colo RAY do, so in this case, I guess NG is right (for once)!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:23 pm

The red earring....I wonder why LE did not find it in their search of CD's apartment. Since it was a single earring why didn't they consider it questionable. I have looked and cannot find this but I believe I heard Billie's initial description of Hailey to LE included red hoop earrings. Even if she did not describe it, a single earring found should have been in question. This brings into question the search, was it less than thorough and they didn't see it or did they just disregard it as unimportant?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:58 pm

On Ng Billie said it was the kind of ear-ring used to open the hole up in the lobe to make it bigger. That is not the kind that would likely be taken out? However, not the kind that would easily fall out, I wouldn't think?
Could it have been planted? By who, I am not sure? Ugh!
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:39 pm

And to be fair the earring could have been removed by Hailey when she spent Christmas night and the next day at her dads house.

But why then would SA tell LE in the description of what Hailey was wearing when she left for her dads and friends sleepover that she was wearing the earrings.

"She was wearing jeans and a tshirt, flip flops or tennis shoes..that remains a puzzle and red hoop earrings"

That was the description given by SA to LE.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Clint says he knows she lost that earring while spending Christmas night there. This negates any theory that it was planted. I wonder why Clint is so certain she lost it, did she tell him she did and look for it but not find it? If that is the case did Clint not hear the description given about the earrings or in his state of mind at her missing did that fact not register? The big question is why didn't LE find it in their search? It took a 16 yr old non-professional searcher to find it. That is a puzzle to me.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:56 am

The front line for Hailey. God Bless Them All.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:55 am

Wow. That one put me in tears.....
There's another one by the same guy at the same link, it's shot during a search and it shows the country side, abandoned buildings and other places that these searchers are having to look. So sad and so unnecessary that there's even a reason they have to do this.
Three weeks and no Hailey. crying
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:48 am

Yes raine, that is a hard video to get through.

Thanks Jeanne for posting this video.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:46 am

jeanne1807 wrote:You know it's funny that a whole lot more people didn't have to take Polys.

Clint and his GF never took one and now they have found Haileys red earring on the floor of their home they have moved from.

I think in an investigation like this all the principals should have been required to take a poly. Everybody that saw Hailey that last day.

I look forward to what Mark Klass has to say after he leaves Colorado City. Not what he says..but what he says.

Jeanne, Clint has offered to take a poly. I do remember that upthread somewhere. Don't know about his girlfriend.

Maybe Clint has taken the poly and results have not been released. I think many have taken poly's. This is not Florida where all the results and police report, etc., will readily be released. This is Texas and the laws here are different, unfortunately.

And yep, it IS Colo-RAID-O. Yee haw!!! (Oh, how I detest this state...other than the coast!) over reaction
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:33 am

Wrapitup wrote: And yep, it IS Colo-RAID-O. Yee haw!!! (Oh, how I detest this state...other than the coast!) over reaction

Thanks for clearing that up, Wrap! At first I thought it was just NG, but then noticed other news people were also pronouncing it that way, too. I'm still trying to figure out how Colorado City ended up in Texas, but I give up! :lol!:

Jeanne, thanks for posting that video - it was very touching to see all the people trying to find Hailey. She is out there somewhere & I pray that soon she will be found!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:10 am

She is such a pretty girl. I hope she is found safe.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:07 am

I love that picture of Hailey with her teacher. Surely is a different Hailey than the one in the "family" picture taken with SA.

I am really wondering about SA statement in the affidavit that Hailey would be found in Scurry County and both he and BD were responsible. I am going to look for that and bring it over. It bothers me no end.

BD made some kind of statement about NG so I don't think we will see much more of Hailey or BD on that show. Nancy doesn't like "constructive criticizm"!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:10 am

Affidavits in the case indicate Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, and Adkins failed polygraph exams on Hailey's whereabouts.

According to the affidavits, Adkins ended two polygraph exams by walking out. On the third try, he failed the initial part of the test, but he then "made a positive indication" that the girl could be found in Scurry County, Texas. Dunn said Adkins was on anxiety medication at the time of the first test.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:30 am

Oh, Jeanne...you have to tell me what you meant here. What did I miss? I did not watch NG (does she really have to different NG shows on HLN now?) last night!!

BD made some kind of statement about NG so I don't think we will see much more of Hailey or BD on that show. Nancy doesn't like "constructive criticizm"!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 am

I just found this:

Billie Dunn couldn't be happier about having her missing daughter's face on TV sets across the country. While Dunn appreciates all the attention Hailey is receiving, she's not happy with everything that is being said.

Hailey Dunn's disappearance from Colorado City has been featured on HLN's "Nancy Grace" four nights this week. Billie Dunn says some moments in the show have been difficult to watch and experience.

"It makes me mad. It frustrates me that ratings are more important to some people than my daughter being found," said Dunn.

Billie Dunn tells KTAB News that not everything that's been said on the show is entirely true.

"Anything bad that they can find on us, true or untrue, they put up there over and over and over again," said Dunn. "I just wish we would get back to this 13-year-old Hailey Dunn isn't in her house -- she's missing."

Dunn said she agreed to do the show to get Hailey's face out there. But now, it's gone in a completely different direction.

"It does scare me and it upsets me when I'm sitting on Nancy Grace and they say they're at the landfill with cadaver dogs," Dunn said. "That scares me. I do know law enforcement has told me, 'Billie, you'll be the first one that we tell if we get a big breakthrough in the case'."

Dunn said when most show broadcasts are over, she calls law enforcement "scared to death." Often, officers have to calm her down.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer has told KTAB News that he'd likely know if there was a major development of that nature. He continues to tell KTAB News he can't confirm anything after previously labeling the search in Abilene "unsuccessful."

On Friday, Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs essentially said the report on Nancy Grace wasn't true.

"As far as I know, there's not anything that was found over there pertains to the investigation," said Toombs.

Sheriff Toombs also told KTAB News Thursday's searches in Colorado City and Snyder didn't turn up any evidence.

After learning the reports were inaccurate, Dunn says she's though twice about participating in the show. At one point during Wednesday's broadcast, she even walked out.

"I wish they could get back to the way the show was at first," said Dunn. "We were all looking for Hailey and all wanted information on Hailey."

Dunn says, either way, she'll continue to do whatever it takes to get her daughter's face in the media.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 am

This is what I was referring to.

Billie Dunn volunteered to take a polygraph examination, but when she arrived, she was found to be “under the influence of narcotics,” and she was dismissed from the test at that time. On her second attempt, the investigators concluded there was “deception indicated.” After the examination, Billie Dunn was given the chance to discuss and explain “why she failed the examination.” Officials said she couldn't explain them, and she ended the interview by walking out.

– Adkins twice refused to take polygraph examinations. Then he agreed to a polygraph, but after providing some inconsistent information, he ended this polygraph by walking out. Officials said he failed the polygraph, particularly concerning the whereabouts of Hailey.

– During his polygraph examination, before walking out, Adkins provided some positive reaction about knowing where Hailey Dunn is. Indications were that Hailey may be in Scurry County.

At one point during the polygraph examination of Adkins, he was asked whom investigators should “look at,” and officials said Adkins responded by saying “both of us,” referring to himself and Billie Dunn.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 am

"Anything bad that they can find on us, true or untrue, they put up there over and over and over again," said Dunn. "I just wish we would get back to this 13-year-old Hailey Dunn isn't in her house -- she's missing."

Once again the coldness of this mother comes through.
I would love to have one of the profilers tell us about this statement.

It just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 am

She ALWAYS says Hailey "isn't in her house." When asked a very specific question, that is her statement. I have heard it many times. Whether it means anything bad or negative - I have no idea. I just feel that her speech is somewhat canned for lack of a better word. She may speak like this all the time, I don't know......
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 am

He says he knows what happened to Hailey Dunn and will post it tomorrow and also posts about her speech patterns.
bigcountrynewspage.com is posting that the search for Hailey after 4 weeks is going to scale back.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next