Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

+14
gnreed
Turtle
TerryRose
CritterFan1
cherylz
artgal16
raine1953
Wrapitup
laga
charminglane
Praying For Faith
jeanne1807
Nama
lisette
18 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 16 Empty Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by artgal16 Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He says he knows what happened to Hailey Dunn and will post it tomorrow and also posts about her speech patterns.
bigcountrynewspage.com is posting that the search for Hailey after 4 weeks is going to scale back.

artgal16

Back to top Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 16 Empty Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:13 am

Is O'Riley (thank GOD it's not Bill!) psychic? How could he make a statement that "he knows what happened to Hailey" via Billie Dunn's speech patterns. With all due respect to Seamus - just like Dr. Lillian Glass..it is their own interpretation and not fact. But, it is fascinating and fun to read.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:18 am

I agree wrap, but Im still gonna read it!
Theories theories -that is all we have at this point!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 pm

What we have is a failure to communicate..... we have twisted words, accusations, repeated falsehoods. It seems to me noone wants to pay attention to what the undisputed facts are in this case, guess it isn't sensational enough, I don't know. I am hoping Marc Klass can make a difference since he is there, maybe he can put some logic and sense into the case. I don't like reading either lillian glass nor oriley. I personally don't think their opinions are worth anymore than another's.

One comment about the lack of "warm and fuzzy" feeling from Billie, I would not have any "warm and fuzzy" feelings to dispense if my daughter were missing.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Laga, what you described is akin to the HaLeigh Cummings case.

I believe Jeanne meant she did not get a good feeling from BD.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Wrapitup wrote:"It does scare me and it upsets me when I'm sitting on Nancy Grace and they say they're at the landfill with cadaver dogs," Dunn said. "That scares me. I do know law enforcement has told me, 'Billie, you'll be the first one that we tell if we get a big breakthrough in the case'."

Dunn said when most show broadcasts are over, she calls law enforcement "scared to death." Often, officers have to calm her down.

My heart goes out to BD, and I really admire her for going on NG almost every night since her daughter has been missing! Even though BD appears calm & emotionless on NG, I have noticed a scared look on her face when NG mentions LE looking at a landfill. I don't blame her - I don't think I would like to be reminded that LE is looking for a dead daughter instead of a live one!! over reaction
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:06 am

City manager assumes new duties in Colorado City teen's disappearance

COLORADO CITY — A daily barrage of questions from the media was not in Pete Kampfer's job description, when he hired on as city manager in Colorado City over a year ago.

But questions from reporters are the norm for Kampfer since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn disappeared almost a month ago. The case has attracted much local and national media attention, and Kampfer is the primary liaison for information in the case.

"We just want to find her in good order," Kampfer said, of Hailey, who was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother Billie Jean Dunn.

Investigators have been tight-lipped about evidence and developments in the case, but the media are persistent, seeking daily updates on search efforts, evidence and possible arrests.

"I want to try and work with the media on an accurate basis on what we're doing here with the Texas Rangers and the FBI," Kampfer said.

Kampfer said his experience as an FBI special agent is helping him disseminate information.

"I understand the rules of law, and when I trained with the FBI, I learned to work with local law enforcement," Kampfer said.

Early on, Kampfer decided to take over the public information aspect of the investigation.

"I stepped in to that role to allow the chief to work the case," said Kampfer, who has worked with Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean on answering questions from the press.

Being in the public eye is not new to Kampfer. Before coming to Colorado City, he was economic development director in Paris, Texas, and Tucumcari, N.M., and was president and CEO of J. C. Harty Publications, based in Dallas.

Kampfer said his experience in economic development made him a good fit for Colorado City, even though it is his first job as a city manager.

He said he is trying to clean up the town and has torn down 40 dilapidated structures since he took the job.

"We're cleaning up this town and changing a lot of things," Kampfer said, adding 60 structures are on the demolition list.

Some changes have not been popular, he admitted — like increasing water rates and trimming the city staff from 49 employees to 34.

"There were a lot of folks who got mad about that," he said. "I cleaned house."

Kampfer still has to run the city even though the missing girl investigation takes most of his time. He is dealing with finding an additional water source for the city, issues with the city's wastewater treatment plant and economic development issues.

Kampfer oversees an annual budget of $5.5 million, with $600,000 of that devoted to the police department, which now employs six officers including the chief.

He said the city is not paying for assistance from the FBI or the Texas Rangers. While local officers have been working overtime on the chase, more officers are needed to address daily law enforcement within the city.

Kampfer announced plans to restore two police officer positions eliminated over a year ago, which could add up to $70,000 to the department's annual budget.

"It is hard to put a cost on the (Hailey Dunn) investigation," Kampfer said. "It has been good to have

the FBI and Rangers here to help us."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to help us."
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:17 am

Volunteers Begin Aerial Search for Teen

Volunteers took to the sky on Saturday for the first time in the search for Hailey Dunn.

Searcher Kyle Guthrie pointed out remote areas he didn't know existed from the passenger seat of a small plane.

"On the ground, you're looking at the same terrain over and over again. When you're in the air, you're looking at every single square mile there is," he said.

In just two hours, the plane covered about 250 miles of terrain in Snyder, Dunn, Ira, Colorado City, and several bodies of water.

"Hundreds of miles in a circle. And by vehicle, that's going to take days," Guthrie said.

The aircraft has to stay at least 1,000 feet above populated areas such as Snyder, but can get as low as 200 feet from the ground in more rural territory.

Once Guthrie landed Saturday morning, he met up with other searchers to devise a plan to visit areas that caught his eye from the air. Starting Sunday, the groups will search simultaneously with Kyle guiding the ground crews with walkie talkies.

"We're going to follow his guidance into areas that we cant see from land. Whatever I can do to help is what I'm going to do to help," said ground crew member Robert Howell.

The group will meet early Sunday morning to continue their search.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:20 am

The video (can't embed as usual) is interesting, also this is the same guy who did the videos up thread (last night).
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:21 am

Where the hell is Tim Miller and his group? He lives in Houston. I don't get this at all.

I can't believe they are just NOW taking to the sky? Dear God, what is wrong with LE in this case? Either they have some prime info they have not released or they have botched this case big time. MOO (for any new members: My Opinion Only)
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:24 am

by raine1953 Today at 5:20
The video (can't embed as usual)
I find this extremely funny. I know this case is serious but Raine, you crack me up!!!
ROFLMAO
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:47 am

UPDATE: Advocate Group KlaasKids Arrives in Colorado City
Tuesday Morning Update:
Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKids Foundation’s National Search Center for Missing Children, tells bigcountryhomepage.com he has arrived in Colorado City.
Dennis says he'll be meeting with law enforcement throughout the day as well as Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn.

Texas Equusearch, who originally told KTAB News they expected to be involved in the search, has not returned phone calls for nearly a week.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000.

This article was from Jan. 18th, but this is all the info I've read lately about Texas Equusearch.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:28 am

Last week, two men and one female were seen in the backyard of SA's grandmother's residence. The female was wearing latex gloves and carrying a container of some kind.
Unless I missed it, I have not seen any news reports on this. NG did mention it last week.
I am convinced LE continues to work hard on this case and keeping the evidence and other important information away from the media.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:02 am

Last week, two men and one female were seen in the backyard of SA's grandmother's residence. The female was wearing latex gloves and carrying a container of some kind.
Are you inferring evidence was collected in SA's grandmother's backyard? I don't remember NG mentioning that & would think that would be big news. Do you possibly know what day it was on NG as we can go thru the transcripts on CNN.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 am

Texas Equusearch, who originally told KTAB News they expected to be involved in the search, has not returned phone calls for nearly a week.
This is all so strange - this is all in Texas. I don't get it. I hope Tim is ok. Thanks, Raine!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:29 am

Wrapitup wrote:
Are you inferring evidence was collected in SA's grandmother's backyard? I don't remember NG mentioning that & would think that would be big news. Do you possibly know what day it was on NG as we can go thru the transcripts on CNN.

I read it in the Abilene Reporter News last week and NG had it in written in words at the beginning of one of her shows last week but she didn't talk about it. It was the night she played the 911 tapes. I have them recorded and will attempt to find the date.
The ARN did not know if it was LE or who it was.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:33 am

This is my opinion only but I think these agencies are bombarded with requests and short on funds and resources.

I think most of the "worker bees" are volunteers and they do the best they can do with the things they have. Such as boats and sonar.

So my thought then is "they can't be everywhere at once". I am sure they each have some kind of plan. Perhaps Tim is here and Mark is there. Not overlapping and perhaps trying to figure out who would be the best where.

I think if somebody was to want to take on a project and if I was younger and stronger it might be mine it would be to take up the cause for one of these groups and really raise the funds so that these search groups have the very best of everything when they search for missing children.

Helicopters, planes, sonar boats and anything else they need.

Reach high. Look at the money spent on flying the president of our United States out to dinner in New York. Look at the money spent on ball gowns for the oscars. There is a ton of money out there and don't think small.

If you could get the eye and ear of the right people I think this could be tremendous. It would take somebody that can get the ear of somebody famous..maybe somebody like Oprah or a Bill Gates.

In the meantime these search groups need to spend money on some great PR to draw in the funds.
I think part of the problem is the handling of funds. That has to be taken care of by the best accounting firm they can find. So people know they contributions are managed properly.

I am so excited about this idea!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:35 am

gnreed wrote:
Wrapitup wrote:

I read it in the Abilene Reporter News last week and NG had it in written in words at the beginning of one of her shows last week but she didn't talk about it. It was the night she played the 911 tapes. I have them recorded and will attempt to find the date.
The ARN did not know if it was LE or who it was.

I remember that. Not much was said about that.

I also remember that Billie D said on NG that she and two men, I am not sure if they were Texas Rangers or FBI, went over to SA's grandmothers house to try to get him to talk. They went up to the door but again were told "on the advice of attorney..no statement".

Could the two be connected in any way?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:40 am

It's possible but I am sure the media would have recognized it being Billie Dunn if it was her.
I am hoping LE may have executed a search warrant and just kept it quiet.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Wow, this O'Riley and Peter Hyatt don't mince words. It is extremely lengthy but if BD is innocent, this would blow these two people's credibility right out the window!

And, this one I missed. These two just go on and on and on......

Jeanne, you are exactly correct. Look at all the money spent for the space shuttle, our POTUS to travel all over, ball gowns at the Oscar's, Golden Globes, etc. Oprah alone, if she wanted to, could help out big time, not just with her money..but with her connections as well.

This is definitely food for thought.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Jeanne I agree with you but children can't vote and they are not money makers therefore they have no status. Those with status like the ones you mention use it for their own gain. Even when donations are made it is because it will increase the donor's value in some way. I am not cynical just a realist. In my own city, the schools building are decaying, roofs leaking, asbestos everywhere, short supply of text books, not enough desks, and on and on but we have enough money to build a superdome and basketball arena and continue to supplement the millionaire owner with our tax dollars. It supposidly makes it worthwhile for all the money brought in by these teams (I love sports too) but it doesn't compute in my head.

BTW, I stake my credibility/reputation on the innocence of Billie and adkins in the disappearance of Hailey. I base my claim on everything I have read and heard spoken, watching all involved in the case including LE spokesmen and how they respond. However, someone did cause her disappearance and she is still missing.
Day 27---Hailey is still missing!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Laga wrote "I agree with you but children can't vote and they are not money makers therefore they have no status. Those with status like the ones you mention use it for their own gain. Even when donations are made it is because it will increase the donor's value in some way. I am not cynical just a realist. In my own city, the schools building are decaying, roofs leaking, asbestos everywhere, short supply of text books, not enough desks, and on and on but we have enough money to build a superdome and basketball arena and continue to supplement the millionaire owner with our tax dollars. It supposidly makes it worthwhile for all the money brought in by these teams (I love sports too) but it doesn't compute in my head."

The absolute truth regarding the priorities of our society across this country, this is not just in your area, Laga.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 pm

No, it's not just in Laga's area. Not by a long shot; however, I question the priorities of the big guns in New Orleans. Off topic but I needed to say it.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Wrapitup wrote:No, it's not just in Laga's area. Not by a long shot; however, I question the priorities of the big guns in New Orleans. Off topic but I needed to say it.
good point about New Orleans Wrap. From what I see in the news, it doesn't seem like they care about the welfare of the people who live there at all.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Hailey Suspect Traveling Between Dunn and Big Spring

Law enforcement sources tell bigcountryhomepage.com that the only named suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Shawn Adkins, has been traveling between a home in Dunn, Texas and his mother's house in Big Spring over the last few days.
Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer said it's his understanding Adkins has left the home at times. He noted Adkins remains under 24-7 surveillance and officers are aware of his whereabouts.

Since reportedly failing a polygraph exam on Wednesday, January 5, Adkins had been staying at a home in Dunn with relatives. For a number of days, Adkins rarely left. Volunteer searchers told bigcountryhomepage.com they often saw Adkins watching them while they combed through brush and wooded areas.

Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn. He's also the last person to see Hailey on the afternoon of December 27, 2010.

Though Adkins is the only named suspect, authorities say they have several other persons of interest.

Pete Kampfer told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro Sunday law enforcement is following some out-of-state leads. Kampfer said when those leads come in, FBI officers in those respective states are contacted. Kampfer declined to elaborate on the nature of those leads.

Kampfer also said representatives from KlaasKids left Colorado City on Saturday. KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center were in town training volunteers on proper searching techniques. Kampfer said, to his knowledge, representatives from the Laura Recovery Center remained in town.

Monday will mark four weeks since Hailey's disappearance. The reward for information leading to her whereabouts sits at $15,000.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:55 pm

I thought Seamus O Reilly was Peter Hyatt- or is he not?
As to his theory thats all it is - but he writes so postively thats what I dont understand. He cannot possibly know for a fact any of what he has written its all supposition.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Laga I know you don't like my position but please when following me through the threads don't misquote me or change my words. sigh....

"It just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy." Said by Jeanne about herself.

Quoted Laga
"One comment about the lack of "warm and fuzzy" feeling from Billie, I would not have any "warm and fuzzy" feelings to dispense if my daughter were missing."
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:01 pm

I am sure there are many needs and many things that people chose to do with their money.

My position is this. With all the missing children we need to take action.

There are steps to be taken. I believe I outlined some of them in my "speech" above.

I being the eternal optimist shall always believe with the right people..it can be done.

The naysayers will just have to live in their darkness.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Jeanne, I didn't misquote you or change your words. You said
Once again the coldness of this mother comes through.
It just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy..

My previous statement didn't quote or mention you at all. However, I gathered from your statement that your perceived coldness of the mother didn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling and my statement said I didn't believe I would have any warm and fuzzy feelings to give out if my daughter were missing either. I do not see how that is a misquote or change of your words?????

I may not agree with your position but I have never posted I do not "like" your opinion and I have never implied you are not entitled to your opinion. I will not ask you to not misrepresent my posts as I am sure all members here can read and understand for themselves. BTW, I am not a naysayer nor do I live in darkness. As a matter of fact today found me dancing in the sunshine. :winnie:
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:49 pm

I think that maybe we have become too involved in semantics and most of us here are like me and we just aren't good enough at understanding all that, not having college degrees in the language. Often people here do write things that can be interpreted in different ways, unintended. I think we should just come to that understanding that that does happen and not take offense or opposition to their own style of communication about something, unless they are actually mean-spirited about it.

TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks TR. your post above about semantics is perfect for this thread about the case of missing Hailey. The affadavits state that when asked where Hailey could be found adkins stated, in Scurry County. So, many assume that statement means he is quilty, murdered her and disposed of her body in Scurry County. WHY? If he is innocent the statement has a completely different meaning. This is just one of many examples that prove it is obvious LE pegged him guilty from the begining and took all his answers in that direction, without follow up questions to clarify. So much for presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Aside---I hope no one perceives me as meanspirited.....passionate, protective especially of the underdog and my friends and a little nuts, but I don't do mean.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Thank you TR!

I find real passion on all the boards I am reading about this little missing Hailey Dunn. We have seen this before with missing children. In the first few days when there is a lot of action and activity there is a lot to chit chat about and blogging is easy.

Then when the child is not found the days grow long and we become frustrated and start to take it out on our fellow forum mates.

If I have done that I apologize. That was never my intention.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:59 pm

They are looking into a lead in Memphis, Tennessee.

Has anybody heard of any relatives in Tennessee?

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Few posts I am bringing over from Webslueths. Billies friend that has been posting over there quite a bit.

"Originally Posted by czgtz
No, you're cold.

I hope you all realize that I cant just say everything. Like has been mentioned before, this is Websleuths. Please, go back to the beginning. Who has been questioned that this child could belong to? That might have a motive? That might have been involved in something.... ?"

============================

czgtz
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2010

Oh my God, I cant stand it. Have any of you stopped to consider that perhaps the boy Hailey was walking with is the son of someone LE suspects also????

Didn't I say when I originally posted this info a couple of days ago that this sighting directly disputed someone's testimony.

Seriously people. I expect y'all to sleuth SA, and Billie also....... but everyone here seems to be completely focused on these two. What about the other people involved? Who else might have had a motive? Why?

================================
Now I am not sure we can "bring over" posts. Just delete my post it we can't do this. Sorry but I thought the comments interesting.

Another post was about the terrible way DD was being treated in school by teachers and students. That poor kid.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

This case is reminding me more and more of the HaLeigh Cummings case. Now, a lead in TN??? Just like HaLeigh.

Thank you for being such awesome individuals that you all are able to work things out like adults do. Most forum's don't have good quality members as VH does. That's what makes us different. Bravo Group Hug

p.s. I posted before I read Jeanne's WS comments. It's OK every once in awhile. I certainly didn't like the tone of the posts there. Which drives home my point again.

As far as looking at other's, of course LE should be...unless and until they have enough evidence to arrest the main suspect.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:54 pm

With any case of a girl of 12 on up to 21, LE should also be thinking about kidnap for human trafficking since there is so much of that going on in the country. Just a thought.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:56 pm

TR, you are completely right. Now, this tip out of TN, right near the freeways and truck stops??? Not good.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:33 am

TerryRose wrote:With any case of a girl of 12 on up to 21, LE should also be thinking about kidnap for human trafficking since there is so much of that going on in the country. Just a thought.

Absolutely. I trust that with the FBI and T.R's on the case now that they would be looking at that, hope I'm not assuming too much.
This human trafficking needs to be out in mainstream media more, I really don't think the average public realizes how bad this is. Then again, most people aren't aware how many young children, boys or girls OR young adults, female or male are missing in the US and that also needs to be out in the media nationwide. JMOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:38 am

Lisa Ling did a fantastic and very sad program on Human Trafficking in the United States. I think she was also on Oprah. She did a great job and said the same thing..we have to get this out in the mainstream.

People turn their backs if it doesn't effect them personally. They figure, oh..this could never happen with MY kids. No way!! 🇳🇴
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:30 am

HAILEY DUNN: Mary Beth's Mom on the Slumber Party That Never Happened

5.0000/5 ratingPrint Article
Reported by: Priscilla Luong
Sunday, January 23 2011
Cecilia Garcia says she was shocked when Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, claimed Hailey was going to a slumber party at her family home on the night she disappeared.

"Obviously he's not telling the truth about her spending the night at Mary Beth's," said Garcia.

Garcia says at her house, it's not like these parties would happen out of the blue.

"Hailey has never spent the night here," she said.

Hailey lives just a few blocks down from Mary Beth, and four weeks later, Garcia says her daughter still hurts.

"It's been real hard on my daughter," she said, "and she fears for Hailey."

So much, that Mary Beth would not talk to us on camera.

"She fears for her own life also," Garcia explained.

Garcia says she'll never forget what it was like to see her daughter questioned by police and the FBI.

"I got to a point where I broke down too," she recalls, "and started crying with her."

For now, the only thing Mary Beth has left of Hailey are the writings Hailey left on this binder.

"My daughter is pleading that she might one day get a call from her or a text," said Garcia.

Hoping that the best friend she once heard from everyday will be home soon.

Garcia says on the day Hailey disappeared, Mary beth received a text message that said "what are you doing?"

She says the message was sent from Hailey's mother's cell phone at about 2 o'clock, which Hailey always used, but Garcia says she worries that there is no evidence to prove Hailey sent that message.

The Garcia family says authorities have taken that text message as evidence in the investigation.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:47 am

Cecilia Garcia says she was shocked when Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, claimed Hailey was going to a slumber party at her family home on the night she disappeared.

So SA pulled that out of a hat so to speak? I remembering telling my Parents I was staying one place but actually was staying some where else. So this statement by Cecilia Garcia might be a bit harsh.
"Obviously he's not telling the truth about her spending the night at Mary Beth's," said Garcia.
"It's been real hard on my daughter," she said, "and she fears for Hailey."

So much, that Mary Beth would not talk to us on camera.

"She fears for her own life also," Garcia explained.

Garcia says she'll never forget what it was like to see her daughter questioned by police and the FBI.

"I got to a point where I broke down too," she recalls, "and started crying with her."
crying How sad for Mary Beth and her Mom to go through this. I can see why they would be scared as NO ONE has been arrested or charged with anything yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:59 am

I am sorry that Hailey has not been found yet. I fear for her. This does not look good to me.

crying

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 am

"So SA pulled that out of a hat so to speak? I remembering telling my Parents I was staying one place but actually was staying some where else. So this statement by Cecilia Garcia might be a bit harsh."

I don't believe it to be harsh. I believe it to be made up by the SUSPECT as well as the text sent to Mary Beth. (What are you doing)

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:55 am

LM, good point about how even good girls of that age might occasionally lie to their parents about where they are going and with whom if they fear that their parents will say no to something.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:59 am

With SA phone pinging in Big Spring up until 2:40pm, I am interested to know if BD phone pinged in Big Spring at the time the text message was sent to Mary Beth. (around 2:00pm)

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:08 am

gnreed wrote:With SA phone pinging in Big Spring up until 2:40pm, I am interested to know if BD phone pinged in Big Spring at the time the text message was sent to Mary Beth. (around 2:00pm)

A very keen thought, gnreed, makes me think. Also, BD has put out the word to her daughter that she doesn't have that cell phone and that she should get to a phone and call 911. Her daughter used the same phone as she did. LE must then have the phone since BD knows that her daughter does not have it and she herself does not have it. It must have been left at the residence in order for LE to have it now. If LE does not have it, then how would BD know that her daughter doesn't have it? The daughter wouldn't call her own phone for help in the first place. Therefore, LE has the phone and it was left behind at the house on that day and we can assume that they are checking what you have posted.

On NG, a caller claimed to have lived in the area and knows there is a prison there with a work release program. It was said by those who know that these prisonmates are often released to work in that community, and, in fact, some have been part of the search teams. There are so many possibilities to consider in this case.

TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:14 am

Work release - meaning they go in at around 7am and do chores until about 5pm and then they must go home with probation jewelry on their ankle? Or, do they wear the ankle tracking jewelry? Maybe grneed may know since he lives in that area?

Here is the latest O'Riley article. It's not that lengthy.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:44 am

gnreed wrote:"So SA pulled that out of a hat so to speak? I remembering telling my Parents I was staying one place but actually was staying some where else. So this statement by Cecilia Garcia might be a bit harsh."

I don't believe it to be harsh. I believe it to be made up by the SUSPECT as well as the text sent to Mary Beth. (What are you doing)

Can you refresh my memory about the text sent to Mary Beth? Did LE release that information or the media? I ask because often the media don't get things correct/verified before they release their articles/shows. I think Cecilia does not know if Hailey told SA that or not at this point in time. If was I was her for my daughter, Mary Beth I would be laying low not speaking to the media. What is she thinking? She could be putting her own Daughter in harms way by getting caught up in media statements. Because of the media hype in this case it is hard to know what LE has released and what the media is trying to sell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 am

Wrapitup wrote:Work release - meaning they go in at around 7am and do chores until about 5pm and then they must go home with probation jewelry on their ankle? Or, do they wear the ankle tracking jewelry? Maybe grneed may know since he lives in that area?

Here is the latest O'Riley article. It's not that lengthy.

No ankle bracelet. They have a couple of armed guards that watch them while they are out. I believe they are closely monitored.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next