Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~

+11
CritterFan1
pookiebear
raine1953
LRT
mercy
Lilone
lisette
artgal16
charminglane
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~ - Page 4 Empty Re: The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:03 am

Just when I think it can't get any worse it does. I am really worried about KC getting off because of this kind of crap. I think the Judge needs to remove Jose from lead council if nothing else.

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~ - Page 4 Empty Re: The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~

Post by artgal16 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 am

It seems to me if Judge Perry is going to get this trial under control and all these pre-hearings, hes going to have to come down hard on Baez. Because its not going to stop. Cheney Mason might have had a good reputation before, (and Im not even sure he did as Ive never seen any evidence of it in print) but I believe he's just along for the ride because he doesnt seem to be doing any work for the defense. These are basic things the judge is asking for. He will never get
Baez to comply on time unless he fines him to get him under control. Baez is sloppy and lazy. If Perry doesnt allow his rebuttal evidence on the chloroform, its another slam dunk for the State as they can present it as fact and Baez will have nothing to rebut it.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:17 am

True artgal. I also believe Cheney Mason will leave the defense if he Judge don't do something about these missed deadlines.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:27 am

But can Mason leave the defense? Baez is not death penalty qualified and Ann (I can remember her last name) I thought was only for the sentencing arguments against getting the death penalty. Would she be enough?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:07 am

lindamarie wrote:Your right hippie. She called him Jo Jo. Thanks for reminding me.
In the last video of Caylee, she is w/her great grandfather. I believe when she said, "Are you tired, Papa?" she was referring to Cindy's father, not George.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 am

Wrapitup wrote:
lindamarie wrote:Your right hippie. She called him Jo Jo. Thanks for reminding me.
In the last video of Caylee, she is w/her great grandfather. I believe when she said, "Are you tired, Papa?" she was referring to Cindy's father, not George.

You are right- so is LM, it was JoJo, not papa joe. My bad. Can I blame mucinex? LOL

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Wrapitup wrote:

I said one Papa and that was CA Father. It breaks my heart to watch that video of Caylee knowing she was killed shortly after that was made.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:46 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutor Jeff Ashton's move to suggest a contempt violation for Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez may be a local first considering the scope of the alleged transgression.

"I've never seen a prosecutor hold another attorney in contempt for something so minor," said Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who is not connected to the case.

At issue is a court ordered deadline that Ashton said Baez missed last week to list objections he plans to raise during an upcoming hearing.

A contempt violation could mean a fine, or to the extreme, jail time.

Baez said he was confused as to whether he's required to list additional information not already in their court papers. Ashton maintains the order is "clear and unambiguous."

"I've got to think Judge Perry is going to be frustrated over the animosity that's developed between the two parties," said Hornsby.

He said how the two sides communicate is at the heart of the issue. Hornsby sees prosecutors continually frustrated and taking issue with what Baez claims the two sides talked about or agreed upon during informal discussions.

"You can see the state's frustration," Hornsby said.

Hornsby said as Judge Belvin Perry serves as mediator for the two sides, any hope of a pre-trial plea deal fades further.

"When the attorneys have reached that level, it's very difficult to conceive of any way they could work out any case as serious as a death penalty case," said Hornsby.

Baez has not responded to Ashton's motion, but Hornsby expects some sort of response from the defense.

Also Tuesday, the defense filed a motion asking for funding for a mental health expert to assist in exploring mitigating factors.

Anthony was declared indigent in March, so a state agency now doles out funding for her defense. All requests must be approved by the judge.

The case heads back to court on March 2 for a status hearing. WESH.com will stream the hearing live.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin in Anthony's murder trial on May 9. Copyright 2011 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

source
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~ - Page 4 Empty Casey Anthony case

Post by Gigi cares Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm

I need all the help I can get especially with my memory. I have no ideal what Caylee called either CA or GA.. At the time this case was on TV I had taken a leave from work to care for my husband. He had breast cancer (YES MEN DO GET BC) we spent 2 to 5 days a wk at MDACC. I followed this case but did not pay any attention to what she called them. In believe CA and GA felt if CA had Caylee it would some how "save her" that apparently did not happened and Caylee was sacrevised..
Gigi cares
Gigi cares

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Gigi I hope your husband had a full recovery.
Also Tuesday, the defense filed a motion asking for funding for a mental health expert to assist in exploring mitigating factors.
What mitigating factor's? Is there mitigating factors when a Mom places duct tape over a toddler mouth and nose intending to kill her?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Its always been my worst fear that they would explore the option of her pleading insanity and she would get a lesser sentence.

She is sick, its true. I dont believe though that after murdering her daughter she should get to sit in some padded cell all day still living while her daughter, who had a chance to do things with life, was murdered.

Its obvious from casey's choice in pictures and icons etc that she was really struggling with life. But everyone has a hard life imo, nobody's life is purely easy. you dont have a baby and then kill her...what the hell was the point? she had options. She did. She obviously didnt think that she did....but she did.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:21 pm

If casey had pulled her mom and dad aside, or her brother, or SOMEONE and said "take caylee, or i might kill her" then surely they would have taken her. The only thing i can see being wrong with this is that then they would be bitter against her, and not want to help take care of HER, and thus that wasnt an option for her...but it should have been. She could have had the life she wanted and let her daughter live her own.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Very true, Sassy! It's so sad that she made so many bad choices with her life... lying, stealing, sleeping around, and finally murdering her own daughter!
What a tragedy... over reaction
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 am

I think CA would have taken Caylee in a heartbeat if KC had went to her Mom asking her to take Caylee and raise her like her own. But to me that is part of the motive to kill Caylee was so CA could not have her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:04 am

I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:01 am

The point is in the end, Casey is a control freak like her mother. Giving her mother Caylee would have given her control over Casey - that is something that Casey could not abide. She is also a coward as she wasnt capable of going out and making it on her own. Thats why she slept around as she did, she was always looking for another meal ticket. Remember the guy who was in the military in California - Casey was setting him up next in case she might leave the state.
In Casey you see a true sociopath at work. They have no conscience, everyone is for their use and then to discard and move on to the next. True sociopathy to see is so chilling. Scott Peterson was one as well.
There is no consideration for any other life but their own.
It reminds me of someone climbing a mountain slowly step by step trying to reach the top, and leaving destruction in their wake. The people they are climbing on are simply stepping stones to get up higher and there is no thought or plan, they just have to keep moving.

Last edited by artgal16 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:03 am

I completely agree with you, Artgal. I just hope the jury sees what we all see.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 am

lindamarie wrote:I think CA would have taken Caylee in a heartbeat if KC had went to her Mom asking her to take Caylee and raise her like her own. But to me that is part of the motive to kill Caylee was so CA could not have her.
YES!!

Sassy, I agree with what you wrote on both of your posts. KC had other options. Her selfishness is sick, it is all about "MeMeMe". She killed two birds w/one stone, Hurt her mother more than anything anyone could ever imagine and got rid of the nuisance, Caylee. Her new life does deserve to be all alone in a padded cell.

CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~ - Page 4 Empty Casey Anthony case

Post by Gigi cares Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:40 am

CA definily has something wrong with her.. Her actions show she is not insane.
Need to clarify my statment about CA having Caylee. What I meant was when she became pregnant The Anthony's made sure she had Caylee vs abortion (of course this will not come out) In my family my brother in law who had to have drug test weeklyIn 1977 his mother made sure he got custody of his son because she thought that would make Kenny grow up...
Gigi cares
Gigi cares

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi cares Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 am

LM and others you all are doing a great job of keeping me and others updated.
Gigi cares
Gigi cares

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:50 am

Valhall has a hilarious article about Bozo's "confusion" about the Feb. 17 deadline over on The Hinky Meter...Don't miss it!

ROFLMAO
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 am

I have so many more things I could say….but I’m too gob-smacked to put them in words.

Valhall.
:lol:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks lisette! I needed a good laugh! ROFLMAO Hello and welcome to VH Gigi cares. welcome2
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:23 pm

Bombshell news?
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Local 6 investigative reporter Tony Pipitone will offer an exclusive report Thursday on newly uncovered information in the Casey Anthony murder case.
Pipitone is still poring over the information, which centers on what is being said and done behind closed doors in the case against Anthony, and will offer his full report at 11 p.m. Thursday.

Pipitone said the information goes to the heart of Anthony's upcoming murder trial, including questions being raised by lawyers in the case. The information reveals what testimony both sides will have at their disposal when the trial begins in May.

"We have some information that hasn't become public about what both sides in the case are asking when they’re questioning witnesses," Pipitone said.

Pipitone's report will reveal details about the events of December 2008 and the discovery of skeletonized remains later found to be Caylee Anthony.

Pipitone said some of the information reinforces the state's contention that Caylee's death was a homicide, but other portions of the information raise questions about some alternative theories and the specter of some evidence being staged.

"It's going to air at 11 tonight -- come hell or high water," Pipitone said.

Anthony, 24, is jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in a wooded lot near the Anthony family home.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
source
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:39 pm

What does he mean "the spectre of some evidence being staged"
That is a scary statement. How in the world could the remains have been staged after all those months with wind and rain and the elements, plus animals chewing on the bones? Unless he means Kronk staging them?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~ - Page 4 Empty Local 6

Post by Gigi cares Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:11 pm

artgal16 wrote:Bombshell news?

Local 6 is that ABC or etc ?
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Local 6 investigative reporter Tony Pipitone will offer an exclusive report Thursday on newly uncovered information in the Casey Anthony murder case.
Pipitone is still poring over the information, which centers on what is being said and done behind closed doors in the case against Anthony, and will offer his full report at 11 p.m. Thursday.

Pipitone said the information goes to the heart of Anthony's upcoming murder trial, including questions being raised by lawyers in the case. The information reveals what testimony both sides will have at their disposal when the trial begins in May.

"We have some information that hasn't become public about what both sides in the case are asking when they’re questioning witnesses," Pipitone said.

Pipitone's report will reveal details about the events of December 2008 and the discovery of skeletonized remains later found to be Caylee Anthony.

Pipitone said some of the information reinforces the state's contention that Caylee's death was a homicide, but other portions of the information raise questions about some alternative theories and the specter of some evidence being staged.

"It's going to air at 11 tonight -- come hell or high water," Pipitone said.

Anthony, 24, is jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in a wooded lot near the Anthony family home.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
source
Gigi cares
Gigi cares

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:24 pm

I believe it is a CBS affilliate
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Of course the defense is asking these questions about alternative theories not the State, right?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Judge To Hear Money Issues In Anthony Case

Defense Wants Money For Mental Health Expert, Videoconferencing

ORLANDO, Fla. -- There's another money hearing on Friday in the case against Casey Anthony.
Judge Belvin Perry will consider two issues at the hearing at 8:45 a.m.

Motions to be heard:
Defense Request for Hourly Rates for Videoconferencing: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Defense Request for Confidential Mental Health Expert
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Motion by Jeff Ashton for Bozo to show just cause why he should not be held in contempt for not meeting Feb. 17 deadline:

Don't know when this will be heard...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- It was Thursday, Dec. 11, 2008, and Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia was late for her plane.

Then she got word that skeletal remains of a child had been found around the corner from the home of Casey Anthony, the young woman she knew had been indicted two months earlier in the death of Anthony’s missing 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

At some level, she had to know Caylee was missing no more.

But, Garavaglia told Local 6 Thursday, she could not change her plans.

When she returned to her office Saturday, Dec. 13, Garavaglia took over the case from a relatively new hire, Dr. Garry Utz. “I felt that Dr. Utz hadn’t been here that long and that I should go ahead and take it over,” she said.

So when Casey Anthony goes on trial in May, Dr. G. -- as she is known to viewers of a cable television series in which she stars -- will be the key witness who will tell jurors Caylee Anthony was the victim of homicide.

That’s just one of dozens of revelations uncovered by Local 6 in a review of hundreds of pages of depositions taken in the case of the State of Florida vs. Casey Anthony.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse in a case where the state is seeking the death penalty.

Local 6 has reviewed previously unreleased depositions from Garavaglia and others, revealing not only how prosecutors are preparing to use testimony to buttress their claim that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter, but also how the defense may challenge that testimony.

Garavaglia was questioned under oath in her Orange County offices for one hour, 19 minutes on Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 28, 2010.

Her primary interrogator: prominent defense attorney Cheney Mason, who -- at age 67 -- reminded Garavaglia at one point “this is not my first rodeo.”

“Will you define homicide?” he asked.

“The death at the hands of another,” Garavaglia responded, then, when challenged, added, “Forensically, hands or means … I don’t know if hands -- maybe actions of another or neglect of another.”

Mason then suggests another possibility: “Suppose this child drowned in the family swimming pool?”

Whether that is a clue to a possible defense -- accidental death -- no one will say. The defense and the state have refused to comment to Local 6 on unreleased depositions.

Garavaglia also declined comment, though in the deposition, she is not buying the drowning theory.

“We get many cases like that where people are drowned and they always report them because they want them to survive. There’s a chance that you could resuscitate that person,” Garavaglia answered.

Left unsaid: Casey Anthony never reported her daughter missing.

Her mother, Cindy, did call police on July 15, 2008 -- 30 days after she had last seen her daughter and granddaughter alive. But she only did so after locating Casey at a boyfriend’s apartment and discovering Casey had been lying for weeks about her whereabouts and would not reveal where Caylee was.

While finding the manner of death a homicide, Garavaglia said the cause of death is undetermined. There is no evidence of trauma to the body and no traces of chloroform, valium or other drugs found in the remains.

“You just don’t know how it’s a homicide?” Mason asked.

“Correct, based on the circumstances,” Garavaglia responded.

Mason: “And the circumstances are what you have been told by the detective or other law enforcement people?”

Garavaglia: “No. The circumstances are that a child, an … almost 3-year-old child is found in a plastic bag, in a laundry bag, dumped in a field to rot with duct tape in the vicinity of the lower mandible,” or jaw.

A bit later, Mason asked: “Do you agree with the statement that medical examiners are not supposed to be emotionally involved in cases at all?”

“I suppose,” Garavaglia said. “I would think that would be a good idea.”

Then assistant state attorney Jeff Ashton took his turn with the medical examiner -- and he’s all about the duct tape.

Local 6 has learned the placement of the duct tape on Caylee’s skull is going to be a crucial issue in the trial. In fact, the state has commissioned a computer rendering of the skull with the tape superimposed on it and on Caylee's hair. (The state has refused to release it to Local 6 because it contains images of the body and hair, making it exempt from public release under the court’s order.)

But, from Ashton’s questions, one can infer why the placement of the tape could be crucial to proving murder.

First, Ashton reminded Garavaglia that University of Central Florida anthropologist Dr. John Schultz had determined the duct tape was “covering the mouth and nasal aperture areas.” The latter is the opening in the front of a skull, where the nose would be.

Then, he asked: “What would have been the effect on Caylee Anthony if the tape had been covering the mouth and nose when she was alive?”

Garavaglia: “I guess it could have suffocated her.”

Ashton: “If it was not removed, would you expect it to have suffocated her?”

Garavaglia: “Yes, if no air could be passed through any creases.”

Ashton: “Okay. Is it in your opinion a possible cause of death?”

Garavaglia: “Certainly it could be possible.”

But, unlike the UCF anthropologist she hired, Garavaglia said she “can’t say for sure whether (the duct tape) was over the nose or just over the mouth.”

Ashton persisted: “There’s no evidence to suggest any other cause of death other than the tape. Would that be a fair statement?”

“Right,” said the medical examiner. “I believe the tape indicated that there is foul play. I cannot say for certain whether the tape caused a suffocation.”

Then Cheney Mason took over and turned Ashton’s question on its head: “Is there any evidence that tells you that this child did not drown?”

“Again, based on 20 years of being a medical examiner, based on seeing many, many drownings, it’s the circumstances of death that are most disturbing in this case,” Garavaglia said. “I have never seen a drowning, nor do I see reason why a drowning (victim) would have duct tape on the lower half of the face. I would say that is evidence itself that there’s no indication that this child would drown and there’s no reason why a child that’s drowned is put in a plastic bag and dumped on the side of the road.”

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 pm

I have thought this all along. The defense will say that Caylee drowned and Casey "freaked out", tried to call her parents on their cells, at home and at work, she then put her in the trunk and someone stole her out of the trunk Just when she was going to tell her parents. Then, she Really freaked because she knew no one would believe her and went into her "ugly coping" scenario. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Wrap if you were on the jury would you believe that story?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:06 am

Art, what do you think? NO...but rest assured, as far as Bozo and clan are concerned, it was an accidental drowning.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:23 am

The hearing this morning was held in a room not set up for live video. WESH tv's Gabe Travers says that a video of it will be available later...But that didn't happen last time, so IDK...You can read a transcript of his livewire during the hearing at the link below..Also has comments of those following him online...You'll have to go back to the "oldest" comments to hear it from the beginning..Also will have to read from the bottom up to be in correct time order. Gabe's comments are in white boxes, followers in orange, if you just want to scroll through and read just his "in the courtroom" reports:

Sounds like JP granted both of the defense's motions...More money from taxpayers!!
Also, Bozo says some witnesses for Cadaver dog hearing wouldn't be available for it next week...wants to move it to the end of March. LDB says that she doesn't even know why one of the witnesses is testifying but doesn't mind moving it until later...Wasn't clear on what JP ruled on that from the livewire. Jeff Ashton wants his motion to strike one of Bozo's motions that is really not a Frye hearing matter next week...JP agrees to that over Bozo's objections. Bozo claims that they are having trouble getting cooperation from Sylvia Hernandez (the jail officer that passed notes for KC and Robyn Adams) to come to a deposition. She is now an officer in another town...JB said to contact that sheriff. If no results, let him know and he'll contact them...If nothing else, they "can serve her when she's on the stand" LOL. JP again reminded them that "May 9 is rapidly approaching..."

Last edited by lisette on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:24 am

Tony Pipitone with WKMG out of Orlando is doing a series of reports concerning information he has been supplied in regard to key depositions in the Casey Anthony murder trial. In his first report he reviews the deposition of Dr. Garavaglia (Dr. G), Orange County’s Medical Examiner, who completed the autopsy examination and report on Caylee Anthony’s remains. While we do not have access to the full transcript of Dr. G’s deposition by the defense, and therefore cannot draw conclusions on how much they centered on certain issues revealed in Mr. Pipitone’s report, the portions we now know about do reveal a possible defense strategy.

That would be……the “accidental death” followed with a 31-day portion of “ugly coping” strategy.

So far what Pipitone’s report has revealed is that Cheney Mason is fishing out a possible accidental death defense centering on Caylee drowning. A plausible scenario IF Casey takes the stand. Period. Casey must take the stand. Why?

■Because the defense team can’t present an unfounded, baseless accidental death scenario when their client has on record a statement (made repeatedly, even when given the opportunity to fall back on an accidental death) that her child was kidnapped by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. So Casey has to get on the stand and say….I lied. I was skeered. She drowned. The defense can’t do it for her. They can’t say to an expert on the stand, “Hey, what if Caylee accidentally drowned?” Because that gets followed by Jeff Ashton hollering, “Objection, Your Honor, what if the Bird of Paradise flew out my butt?”…seriously, “What if Dorothy’s house fell on her?”
■AND…because they’ve got 31 days of Casey doing the bump and grind getting Bella Vita tattoos, lying about where Caylee is, and a dead baby stuffed in a trash bag, thrown in a swamp, with duct tape over her mouth to explain.
And the explaining will have to start at the timetag coincident with Casey finding Caylee dead. Because the first thing they have to convince a jury of is that instead of the stricter definition by Dr. George Bonnano, who developed the idea and term “ugly coping”, which deals with resilience and flexibility when dealing with a traumatic life event…which can sometimes be revealed in a lack of the traditionally expected “grieving process”…Casey’s ugly coping would have to begin at the second she found her daughter, after whatever accident they want to push, and unlike every loving parent in that case who would immediately call 911 for assistance in an effort to save their child, went…”Well, crap, now I’m going to be late for Tony’s…where’s that damned duct tape?”

Should be interesting.
source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 am

If you read Val's article you can see that Cheney Mason though young is senile. There is NO way that
he can just give Dr G scenarios that "might' have happened to Casey after her story of the kidnapping unless Casey herself gets on the stands to explain why she said "thats my story and Im sticking to it". Also
at 9pm that very night she is seen with Tony at the video store and seems quite normal (normal for Casey that is). How many mothers on that jury could believe that your beloved child died by drowning and you were so scared you wrapped her up and threw her in the trunk and then went out on a date? Its completely and utterly preposterous! (and stupid too)
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:50 am

Defense: "Accidental drowning" with "ugly coping" afterwards. Thus trying to explain KC's movements after the death.
Prosecution: The duct tape was the murder weapon. It caused her to not exchange air.
Will the jury buy the defense's reasoning. I sure as heck hope not.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:02 am

A jury will not buy it. It doesnt matter what the defense believes it only matters what they can prove.
The state can prove Caylees skull have duct tape on it.
The state can prove how she was thrown away like trash. The state can prove Caylees body was in the trunk. What can the defense prove? They can make suppositions trying to break down the experts - but they cant just throw out a drowning possibility because it makes no sense. Would any normal person with their child unconsious in a pool do what Casey would be purported to have done? They would call an ambulance - not being a medical expert they wouldnt really know if Caylee could have been resucitated.
The negligence alone in a scenario like that would bring her a long prison sentence.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:29 am

Defense attorney Jose Baez said Hernandez is now a police officer in Groveland. He said when she was served, the defense investigator was told to leave town and never come back.LOL Defense attorney Cheney Mason has written a letter to the Groveland Police chief about the matter.
Also Friday, court officials revealed several details about the trial at a hearing for the media.
Court officials said that while there will be public seating available at the trial, there will be a ticketing process. Details on the ticketing process were not released.
Officials also said that if Anthony is found guilty, Perry does not intend to take a long break before a penalty phase, if there is a break at all.

Read more at:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:40 am

These are the two motions that Jeff Ashton has filed to strike defense's claims that the Chloroform testing and the Root Growth evidence are topics for a Frye hearing...That, as well as I can tell, is a hearing on whether a new type of scientific testing method is accepted by the courts. Jeff Ashton refutes Bozo's claim that the Chloroform testing and Root Growth evidence fall under Frye because they are already generally accepted in court. JP has set his motions for hearing next week, Mar. 2.

JA's motions:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 pm

lisette wrote:Defense attorney Jose Baez said Hernandez is now a police officer in Groveland. He said when she was served, the defense investigator was told to leave town and never come back.LOL Defense attorney Cheney Mason has written a letter to the Groveland Police chief about the matter.
Also Friday, court officials revealed several details about the trial at a hearing for the media.
Court officials said that while there will be public seating available at the trial, there will be a ticketing process. Details on the ticketing process were not released.
Officials also said that if Anthony is found guilty, Perry does not intend to take a long break before a
penalty phase, if there is a break at all.
Read more at:

you rock lisette. I found that funny to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:19 pm

There is a video of today's hearing at:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:06 pm

CM's arrogance is sickening...If you have a chance to watch the hearing, notice his superior attitude in talking about what he told the chief of police in Groveland in his letter...about "what he could do" to those who obstructed "his investigator"..(Talking about trying to get a depo from Sylvia Hernandez). And LDB let them know right away that a lot of the problem was the way this investigator had spoken to Hernandez...It is so obvious that these opposing attorneys dislike each other...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:47 pm

A hearing early today produced news in the Casey Anthony case, but the big headline came late in the day and more big headlines could be coming tonight.

“Judge Belvin Perry calling Jose Baez on the carpet again,” WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski said sternly.

At a hearing next Wednesday, Perry wants Baez to explain why he shouldn’t be held in contempt of court. Perry issued the order late this afternoon.

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Martie Salt explained that Baez “will have to explain why he missed another court-ordered deadline concerning scientific testing” in the Anthony case. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone said that he will focus on Roy Kronk’s deposition in a report 11 tonight. Kronk found Caylee Anthony’s remains.

Last night, Pipitone reported on Dr. Jan Garavaglia’s deposition from September. Pipitone turned to attorney Mark O’Mara, WKMG’s legal analyst, to assess how the deposition with the medical examiner had gone.

O’Mara’s take on the defense’s performance in the Dr. G deposition: “I think they did what they could. They showed that she did not have a conclusive cause of death and that’s what they needed to do.”

WESH’s Bob Kealing explored the proposed confidentiality agreement that media outlets would have to sign under which they would agree not to disclose the location of jury selection until an agreed embargo time. In return, Perry would tell news organizations the day before where jury selection will be held so they can prepare.

Early today, Perry also “approved up to $4,500 of funding for a defense mental health specialist working on mitigation for a post-conviction penalty phase,” Kealing reported. If Anthony is convicted, the penalty phase would begin immediately after the verdict is handed down, WESH explained.

Perry also cautioned the state and defense against surprises from expert witnesses at trial: “We’re not in federal court, where you have surprise packages. We’re in state court, where you have these open discovery rules.”

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:53 pm

The State vs. Casey Anthony long ago took on a life of its own in Orlando, and soon it will have a new, modern-technology element.

Casey Town.

Orange County court officials today firmed up plans for the network In Session to build a media village across the street from the Orange County Courthouse — figured to be the media epicenter for a murder trial predicted to last six to eight weeks.

Court administrators held their own town hall meeting this morning with media organizations from Orlando and around Central Florida. The purpose: to outline guidelines for covering the trial, slated to begin May 16.

Mike Phelan, who is coordinating prep work for Casey Anthony trial coverage for In Session, said his network has rented the large, mostly grass lot across from the courthouse on Orange Avenue from owner ChampionsGate Resort.

In Session has agreed to build a large, semi-circular riser at the front of the lot so local and national stations and networks can broadcast gavel-to-gavel coverage from Casey Town. The riser will allow TV cameras to shoot over the top of an 8-foot chain-link fence with a backdrop of the courthouse.

Phelan said he plans to bring in portable potties, generators and phone lines for the lot, which is expected to house a dozen or so satellite trucks and many more cars during the trial.

The list of media covering the trial is incomplete, but "my [e-mail] distribution list is so long I've had to go to multiple distribution lists," chief court administrator Karen Levey said.

Jury selection is scheduled for May 9 somewhere in Florida, but not in Orlando. And that in itself created something of a firestorm among media organizations this morning.

Robin S. Berghorn, general counsel for the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court, handed out a draft of a confidentiality agreement she said Chief Judge Belvin Perry outlined. Perry doesn't plan to release the venue for jury selection until sometime on May 8.

He wants to delay release of the information as long as he can and still give media members time to drive or fly to jury selection.

Several media organizations objected to the proposed agreement, saying they could foresee agreeing to it only to have another, out-of-market network, station or newspaper that didn't sign the agreement break the story.

"Judge Perry is trying to eliminate spoiling" the jury pool, Levey said. "That's all he's trying to do."

Levey said she would collect objections and take them to Perry.

Perry has already decided he will allow only computers with virtual keyboards, such as an iPad, into the courtroom during the trial.

Court officials also will take over the 23rd floor of the courthouse. The trial will be there, as will a separate media overflow room.

Perry is planning to conduct the case six days a week, including half-days on Saturdays.

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:57 pm

And they called the Lindberg baby case The crime of the Century. I think this case will be a close second!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:05 pm

artgal16 wrote:And they called the Lindberg baby case The crime of the Century. I think this case will be a close second!
I agree
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Even though I have been obsessed with this case from the beginning (per my family), this all sounds really over the top. Not that justice for Caylee isn't important, but I hate to feed KC's and the Ant's feelings of "stardom"...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Well she will have her moment thats for sure, but keep in mind after shes convicted she will be transported to a prison to hopefully spend the rest of her life there.
No more fanfare just Cindy making a monthly trip to tell Casey all the "news" maybe about a new grandchild from Lee. I dont care about the publicity as long as shes convicted.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Anthony Defense Questions Whether Evidence Staged
Depositions Reveal Possible Challenge To Key Emotional Images
POSTED: Friday, February 25, 2011
UPDATED: 11:20 pm EST February 25, 2011
...Prosecutors want the jury that decides Casey Anthony’s fate to see the image of her daughter’s remains as it appeared after, they will argue, she applied duct tape to her face.
But at least one of the photographs showing the skull and duct tape is being challenged in depositions by Anthony’s defense attorneys, as they prepare for the May 9 jury selection...
In an interview with investigators less than a week after finding the remains, Kronk said he “lifted it barely … I just kinda lifted it up a little bit … and then I just dropped it.”
It’s that lifting and dropping that defense attorney Cheney Mason used to question medical examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia during her September 2010 deposition...
Mason: "You don’t believe Mr. Kronk lifted the skull with his stick?”
Garavaglia: “I think he might have poked it, but you can see that the way the picture is situated that there wasn’t a lot of movement going on with the skull.”
It may seem to be a minor discrepancy, but it’s one defense attorneys are trained to pounce on...

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next