Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

+24
Sherlib
pepperann
samgoodwin
sdillard
dreitan
dlammo
Boston_Lady
pheobe
redcattex
bringthemhome
lisette
pepperacho
janie
Slys Hunny
artgal16
Praying For Faith
CritterFan1
charminglane
czgtz
raine1953
Nama
jeanne1807
gnreed
Wrapitup
28 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 4 Empty Re: #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Czgtz glad to see you back. I was afraid we scared you with our questions. We had a million.

Can you describe those wells to us? Has any thought or searches gone into Hailey being placed down there?

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 4 Empty Re: #2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by Slys Hunny Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Alright CZs post is gonna make me tell my story about drugs, or part of it anyway. My 30 year old son is on the home stretch of a very long prison term for meth manufacturing and sells. He had a wonderful wife( who has moved on) and 2 beautiful boys. He worked 2 jobs and was trying to make a wonderful life for his family. I went to thier storage unit to get winter clothes out for the boys and found the meth lab and turned my son into the law. I hated doing it but for my grandkids I would do it again! My son and I are working towards a relationship again and I hope it will be good again soon. My point is I saw him everyday and had no idea he was doing drugs.

Billie may be doing them and hiding it well or she may not. Sometimes you just cant tell. CZ I have a friend like you are to Billie. I just want you to know if I found she was guilty of anything I would still be her friend and I commend you for sticking by her!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Slys Hunny my jaw just dropped. That had to be the hardest thing in the whole world for you to do. I am sure your have agonized over that over and over again.

You were right and you did the right thing. Now it is up to him to be right and do the right thing too.

Yes I agree about Czgtz.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:03 pm

I also saw the slide show video, which had a (IMO) very crappy song playing (not that I could understand the words, just that it was irritating). The pictures, of people smoking weed and of guns, were very stupid to post. And the words that scrolled on the screen were in a few instances, horribly offensive. There is one picture of Billie smack dab in the middle of that video - it is of her and Shawn posing with two members of a band. Someone told me that it says somewhere that she authorized for her picture to be included, but I asked her about that and she said that she didn't even know that video existed, much less given permission for a photo of her to be included in it. I believe her.

The only other video I saw was the one of Shawn in the boat. I think it was so very stupid to let someone record him smoking weed, and even more stupid to post it online for everyone to see. Why would you let yourself be recorded doing something illegal??? But I did LMAO when I watched that video. Sorry, but I thought it was funny.

Anyway, my point about the videos is that IMO, none of them were really that much different than the millions of other ones like it that are out there. Just look at franchises like Jackass, Manswers, etc that have made huge profits out of nothing more than guys acting like total idiots.

About the drugs.... I do not believe that Billie does street drugs of any kind. At some point, I believe that I would have noticed something. Even if I had no proof, I think I would have at least had a suspicion. I know the signs and symptoms of drug use, and I have never seen them in Billie.
I would like to know who put the video of the crappy music and the offensive words with Billie in the video online. If it was Shawn and/or he was aware there was a You Tube video made & didn't tell her, that smacks of lying by omission.

I thought the video of Shawn in the boat smoking weed was pathetically stupid and immature. Definitely not my "dream date" or a person I would have ever considered dating, much less living in my home w/my 13 year old daughter. I wonder if Billie was aware of this pic and if Shawn smoked pot in front of Hailey.

I agree with the last bolded statement, except Jackass, Manswers (whom I've never heard of) are not a suspect in a missing child crime.

I hope that you know we are very happy to have you here, even if some think your friend may be involved. Do you know if SA and Billie are back together?

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am totally disgusted by the statements this man has made.

I am not going to bash Clint. I know that he is heartbroken that his daughter is missing.

I am upset that so many people are painting Clint as a saint and Billie as the devil personified.

There are several people who are soliciting donations. Billie is not among them.

And I will just say out of everyone who has received anything - cash, goods, whatever - since Hailey has disappeared (individuals, search groups, whatever) Billie has received the smallest amount. But that is OK, because she is not asking for nor does she want anything but prayers.

I am the one who set up the account at the bank here in CCity for her. Not because she asked me to, but because so many people were asking me how they could help, what she needed, and if they could give me money to take to her. I set the account up so that everyone who was asking me to take her cash could have a place to donate. I did not want to ever be in a situation that someone gave me $20 for Billie and then said they gave her $100.

Billie's employer set up an account for her at work. Not for cash donations, but so that other employees could donate their PDO time to her if they wanted to.

Yes, Billie received a grant from the Somer Thompson Foundation. But she did not ask for it. Yes, people have donated money to Billie... but again, she has never asked for any money. The statement of having 'money rolling in' is ludicrous. She does appreciate the fact that people have found it in their hearts to want to help her, but the only thing she has ever asked for is prayers for Hailey's safe return.

Yes, a woman (who asked to remain anyonymous) gave her a minivan. It is not even nearly new, it is like a '98. But it is still better than the old car Billie had, which didn't run right. And yes, she needs a vehicle. CCity does not have public transportation.

Yes, people have taken groceries to her house, and cooked meals. I tried to get something going to where we could get a rotation of people taking a hot meal to her each night. Only a handful of people wanted to have a part of that.... and I tried to get that started mainly for her son. Billie is barely eating at all. In fact, she has been drinking Ensure just so she wont drop. She cant eat.

She is also not sitting on the couch watching tv, or enjoying herself in any way. No, she is not out searching the fields. Who in their right minds would expect a parent of a missing child to take part in a search for a dead body?????

She is not uninvoled. Besides talking to LE on a daily basis, she is trying to keep the media involved so that they will continue to keep Hailey's face on the TV and in the newspapers. She talks with the searchers. She keeps in contact with Marc Klass and Brad Dennis. Just because she is not running around all over the place does not mean that she doesnt care. I don't blame her for not leaving her house much. Besides being an emotional wreck, look at how people are talking about her. It is no different here. People are cruel and hateful.

Sorry for the rant. But things like this make me furious. Billie's every word, gesture, and action are taken apart and picked over under a microscope. And everyone else seems to get a pass. As much as she has been slammed, others have been lifted up and glorified..... and in reality, most of the glorification is a bold faced lie. And everyone just eats it up.

I'm not attacking anyone here... I just had to get this out before I exploded.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 pm

You made a heck of a lot of sense in what you said. I may not like the fact that Billie is smitten w/SA but I agree with you that everything she does is being taken apart. That is part and parcel in these types of cases. And, there w/be people out there that think she is raking in the money. It is human nature..unfortunately.

I agree..I don't think I would be able to search for my missing child or grandchild. Of course, I cannot say 100% what I would do as I am not in that situation.

You're a great friend to Billie!! I hope she appreciates all you are doing for her.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:50 pm

gnreed, I am sure that Shawn has had friends over before - but I don't know of any particularly close ones (that's not to say he didn't have close friends) because I don't know him that well. The cousin you are referring to lives in New Mexico.

lindamarie, you absolutely have the right to your opinion. But Billie does not use meth. She is not a druggie period. I hate that you really think that you can 'see it in her face'.

jeanne, I agree 100% that all donations should be accounted for and reported as income. And if that income puts you over the limit for welfare, then the welfare should stop immediately. I do know that Billie has kept a meticulous record of who has given her what... and has sent thank you cards to each and every person.

Shawn is absolutely NOT back at Billie's house. At all. Not for a minute, or an hour, or overnight. This rumor is being spread by a hateful b*tch that does not like Billie. And who does like Clint.

I am disappointed that Clint felt the need to say that he was not David's "real" dad. As far as David is concerned, he is. That was totally uncalled for IMO.

I have no idea where those wells are, and I have never seen a formation like that.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:59 pm

O/T, but I did get banned from WS last night. Surprised the heck out of me. Especially considering that I had not even posted at all yesterday. I was logged on, and the thread got shut down for review. When it was available again, I got a ban message.... until 3/4, reason 'for review'. Kind of odd, especially since all of my posts (from the first to the last) had just been reviewed - and I barely posted at all after that review, and nothing but IMOs, JMOs, and MOOs. Oh well, nearly everyone who was a very vocal supporter of Billie has been banned - but only for a few days, and they all got a reason.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:01 pm

czgtz I bet reading all this stuff about your friend is hard. Sorry you got banned from WS. I don't know what to think about everything I am reading on these other blogs. People coming forward saying Hailey was afraid of SA. Even you said Hailey would not get in a car and go any where with someone she don't know. I know of really good professional search teams that could use the money floating around from people wanting to do something. I am not glorifying Clint. I just call it as I see it and it takes a lot of strength to go out and search for Hailey. Did Clint say he knew Hailey was dead?
czgtz saidShe is also not sitting on the couch watching tv, or enjoying herself in any way. No, she is not out searching the fields. Who in their right minds would expect a parent of a missing child to take part in a search for a dead body?????
One more thing what makes you think we are searching for a deceased Hailey?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:19 pm

czgtz, I can't believe that you got banned at WS. I've read everyone of your post since the very first one. I admire you for your support of your friend, Billie, and I've always felt that your posts were honest and that you felt you were telling it "like it is" even when it's wasn't complimentary to Billie. What is wrong with them over there?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 4 Empty America's Most Wanted

Post by Nama Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:56 pm

America’s Most Wanted is all-new tonight, February 5, 2011! The episode is a special edition entitled “Women Fighting Back.” .................
Other cases highlighted tonight will be that of fugitives Geezer Bandit, Tyshon Jones and Jose Miranda. Captured fugitive Jack Poteat will be discussed, and Missing Child Hailey Dunn’s information will be shared.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:21 pm

czgtz so are we to take it as gospel that SA is not back at the house with Billie? I think he is.

Also way before LM said anything about Billie the first time I saw her on tv I said Meth.

If you look at the picture of Billie sitting on Shawns lap with the Dirty Woman caption and look at her at the beginning of all this there was a huge change in her appearance. Huge.

I truly feel that Shawn Adkins has done nothing good for this little family..at all. And my biggest gripe with Billie is she knew. She knew all along what she had taken on and she continued on.

Personally I don't think Billie or Clint were all that great. You put it all together and you get Hailey and David. Both great kids. That amazes me.

And you spoke of Billie unable to leave her home. No I will never believe that. She is one tough little cookie and I think Billie does what Billie wants.

She does need to get herself to the bridge and wish those Haileys Angels good luck as they go about searches for Hailey.

She does need to get herself up to that new search area and pass out some bottled water and than those searching for Hailey.

Enough of this sitting in her living room and explaining herself and SA. Nobody cares.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by pepperacho Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello everyone!
I read this thread last night, and things seem comfortable here, so I decided to sign up. I hope to be able to contribute to the discussion as well as hear other's thoughts.

The pics of the wells surprized me. I didn't realize those were nearby.

Last edited by pepperacho on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typing to fast for my brain)

pepperacho

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Welcome aboard. Yes the wells are scary. I plan on looking them up this evening to see just how close they are to CC. I think they are between CC and Big Spings.

So many rumors coming from those Facebook pages I am taking nothing as truth from over there. Of course occassionally you get a gem or two. Like the picture of Billie and SA posted today.

Billie looked soooo much better back when that picture was taken.

I wish she would not do that radio show. What is she thinking. EAch time she does one of these shows people hate her even more.

I look for Clint and Naomi to be on NG. I think when BD made those remarks about Nancys show..she was done.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:49 pm

welcome2 to VH, pepperacho! You'll love it here! It's a great site!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:51 pm

lindamarie, IMO, when searchers are digging through brush and down into loose dirt with their hands, they are searching for a dead body. Furthermore IMO, most of the search group 'HA' have been very vocal in their opinions of both Shawn and Billie, firmly believe that Hailey is dead by Shawn's hand and Billie is covering for him, and word their statements as though they are looking for a body.

I do not think Hailey is dead. I refuse to entertain that thought.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Welcome pepperacho! I think you'll find that even though we don't always agree we are a pretty darn nice bunch here on VH. Enjoy!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:00 pm

I never thought one way or the other. I always just thought everybody was doing their work to the best of their knowledge.

Some searching for a body and some searching for a live Hailey.

We always keep hope alive when a child is missing.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:00 pm

bjor - thanks, and I have no idea what is wrong with some people.

I showed my husband the pics of the wells that are on page 3. He said that there are two areas like this that he knows of: one in between CCity and Big Spring south of I-20 and one around Dunn at Deep Creek. He is fairly sure that the one around Dunn is in locked land. The one south of I-20 is on an oilfield lease. It is not a secure area, but pumpers are usually down there and would notice someone who didn't belong.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:02 pm

jeanne, I just want to make sure that you know I am not bashing HA. And I know that they are helping in the way that they think is best. It is MOO that they are searching for a body only when they are walking through the fields and digging in the dirt.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by pepperacho Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Wow, jeanne1807, that was some post!
You speak as if you know Billie personally.
Have you always been able to tell exactly what drugs a person takes by looking at a picture?

I am very fair-skinned as are all of the women in my family. I look horrible in pictures. I have dark circles under my eyes which are much worse when I am exhausted, stressed, or have the sniffles. My skin is pale and splotchy sometimes. To top it all off, fair skin wrinkles sooner than other complections! I don't drink or take drugs, but I would bet that I don't look any better than Billie in pictures...probably worse, since I am older than she is!

If my child were missing, I'm sure I would look 20 years older than I did the day before and a lot worse for wear!

Thank you everyone for the welcomes!

pepperacho

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:19 pm

by pepperacho Today at 8:06 pmWow, jeanne1807, that was some post!
Have you always been able to tell exactly what drugs a person takes by looking at a picture?

First of all I am not sure I said welcome. You will like it here.
Sometimes I feel like I do know Billie personally. This morning I woke up from dreaming of embracing Billie and trying to take away her tears.

Yes maybe I do know Billie. I grew up with a mother like Billie and in spite of her..I did just fine. Kids adjust. That which doesn't kill us makes us strong..as they say.

I became intersted in Meth when I heard about a large amount of it being made, sold and used in Southern Indiana. I have grandchildren there so I got interested and investigated. The pictures of those people..wow. The woman had those hollow cheeks and usually some sores on their faces. Teeth..gone. It was bad.

So when I saw Billie those faces flashed before my eyes. Those pictures I had seen.

Certain things just have certain looks. I can pretty well tell a cancer or heart patient from the very gray look they seem to have.

Children with asthma and respiratory problems always have dark eyes.

It's something I am interested in.

I hope I have explained it well.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:29 pm

czgtz wrote:bjor - thanks, and I have no idea what is wrong with some people.

I showed my husband the pics of the wells that are on page 3. He said that there are two areas like this that he knows of: one in between CCity and Big Spring south of I-20 and one around Dunn at Deep Creek. He is fairly sure that the one around Dunn is in locked land. The one south of I-20 is on an oilfield lease. It is not a secure area, but pumpers are usually down there and would notice someone who didn't belong.

So I have to ask. Could SA have taken Hailey there? Is that even a probability?
Also do those pumps go 24/7. Would SA have worked anywhere near these wells?

He seems pretty free and easy traveling around..not a care in the world. Reminds me of somebody...lol
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by pepperacho Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:46 pm

SA doesn't have a car. He used Billie's vehicle, which is no longer running. I doubt it was new enough or nice enough to have GPS. Now he drives a pickup that belongs to someone in his family. That one might be newer. Either way, I would be sorely disappointed if there is not a gps hidden somewhere by LE. They say they watch him, but the locals can't possibly be watching, they don't have the manpower. Gps would be the most practical way.

pepperacho

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 4 Empty Search for Hailey Dunn changes a city

Post by Nama Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Laughter and yells from the playground of a local elementary school carried two blocks to Billie Jean Dunn's front porch Monday, where she faced a bouquet of microphones.

When the recess bell rang, the voices disappeared and the pleas for her own little girl began.

"I'm so envious when I see mothers with their daughters in stores, or during the searches," Dunn said from her living room Wednesday afternoon. "I've learned how lucky I am to be a mother."

In Hailey Dunn's bedroom, her bed remains unmade, her cheerleading uniform thrown casually on her bureau and photos of her brother David on her wall. Dunn said she knows she should tidy up but can't bring herself to face the chore.

When addressing media, which Dunn says takes up much of her time, she speaks directly to Hailey or someone who might be holding her.

In the first week of January, local and national law enforcement conducted door-to-door searches of the city. Officers and volunteers have boarded helicopters, horses and four-wheelers.

Agencies, totaling more than 50 officers, that were headquartered in the CC Thompson Room for briefings and instructions have since cleared out.

More than a month after the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, investigators still have no hard evidence pointing in any one direction. Compared with the bustle several weeks ago, most of the city is on standby.

Formal volunteer search parties were put on hold Wednesday because of iced-over roads, but Dunn said some volunteers assured her they wouldn't let the weather slow them. Dunn said she rarely leaves the house.

"In the back of my mind, I think she could be at the house," she said. "I know it's good for me to leave the house, but I just don't."

Dunn, who has lived in Colorado City since she was pregnant with Hailey, said she had heard about the gossiping and small-town politics associated with the city. What she didn't expect was the community, and strangers from across the state, to congregate for her family.

"I know the whole town feels like she's their child," Dunn said. "A lot of people have told me that."

In the weeks before Hailey's disappearance, people in town worried about water issues, illegal dumping and getting enough support for the local mission to create holiday food baskets.

"In all towns, small and large, there are differences of opinion about government and things like that," said Mike Alexander, local farmer and search volunteer. "People dropped those things and pulled together, worked together, to find Hailey. And I think that's still going on."

For the past several weeks, search volunteers met at Dairy Queen to fuel up on coffee, burritos and biscuits before combing over more ground. Near the intersection of Texas Highway 208 and Interstate 20, the fast-food place reminds motorists of Hailey by posting messages about her on its reader board and keeping a flier near the menu.

Norna Huerron, a restaurant employee, said customers have come to her counter to ask for news and offer condolences since the message went up.

"They're praying for her and that she will come back to her mother," she said. "We're just trying to help out as much as we can."

Snyder resident Freda Radcliff was one of the organizers of Hailey's Angels, a group that searches on foot and who helped memorialize and rename a small bridge in the town of Dunn. Radcliff said she drives to the bridge every morning and says a prayer for Hailey with whoever comes to search. On Monday, only two others showed up.

"I think it's pitiful people are giving up searching for Hailey," she said. "So many people took time off (in the beginning), and now it's like everyone's giving up."

She said the spot on the bridge was chosen because of its proximity to where Shawn Adkins, Billie Dunn's former boyfriend and a person of interest in the case, is staying.

Like other searchers, Radcliff is frustrated nothing has surfaced lately.

Waning efforts

Home-cooked meals and groceries have been delivered to her house, Billie Jean Dunn said. Those gestures have slowed, just as law enforcement and media attention scaled back, but still exist. Local churches and civic groups organized meals for the two weeks investigators were stationed in the town.

"Everybody wants to do something, but something constructive is kind of hard to find in a situation like that," volunteer Alexander said.

Sheriff Patrick Toombs, who has held that position in Mitchell County for more than 20 years, said fresh leads have slowed to 10 or fewer per day. One full-time officer is still assigned to the case.

"We'll never quit working on the case," he said. "We'll work on it as long as it goes on."

FBI, Texas Rangers and members of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice have been pulled off until new discoveries require them to return. Members of the Secret Service were in the city the first week, but have also since moved out.

City Manager Peter Kampfer said the city is planning on hiring additional patrol officers and is looking into buying a video system for areas near schools and parks. A curfew for minors was established in the fall.

In Hailey's case, Kampfer said one of the challenges is to keep a balance between being practical and keeping people motivated to keep searching and hoping.

"It's a seven-day-a-week job. (Now we look at) how do we refocus the investigation as we go forward with a limited amount of resources?" he said. "It takes its toll on us as far as overall energy."

Friend in need

Mary Beth Garcia, the 14-year-old friend Adkins told police Hailey was supposed to spend the night with, said she never made those plans.

The last text message Mary Beth said she received from Hailey asked what she was doing. It was sent the day before Hailey was reported missing, at 2:16 p.m.

"I didn't get a chance to reply back," Mary Beth said. "That was the last time I heard from her."

School is quieter now without a best friend to talk to in the halls and partner with in athletics, Mary Beth said. Although the two didn't have classes together this year — and didn't often visit each other's houses — they would catch up during cheerleading practices and at lunch.

"It gets really lonely a lot of the time," she said. "People ask a lot of questions, but it's faded."

After weeks of police questions and searches, Mary Beth returned to school, where rumors have flourished among her classmates.

Too young to help search but wanting to help, she is one of about 15 middle school students who have started a support group led by school counselor Emily Strain. On Thursdays during homeroom, the group brainstorms and implements projects to remind people about Hailey — creating T-shirts, bracelets and putting up banners in the cafeteria for students, faculty and family to sign.

Despite her family and counselor's help, Mary Beth said she misses Hailey and just wants her friend back.

"Sometimes I can't sleep at night because I think about her," she said. "I dream about her, too — you know how sometimes dreams make it feel real? I dreamed she was found, and I was happy. Then I woke up."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:13 pm

pepperacho wrote:SA doesn't have a car. He used Billie's vehicle, which is no longer running. I doubt it was new enough or nice enough to have GPS. Now he drives a pickup that belongs to someone in his family. That one might be newer. Either way, I would be sorely disappointed if there is not a gps hidden somewhere by LE. They say they watch him, but the locals can't possibly be watching, they don't have the manpower. Gps would be the most practical way.

Pepperacho what is your relationship with Billie and Shawn?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Pepperacho said Wow, jeanne1807, that was some post!
Welcome to VH Pepperacho. I don't know about jeanne or any other member here but I was kind of offended in the way you asked her about a picture/drugs. I don't know what is going on at WS but please don't bring that stuff here to VH that caused a bunch of people to get banned. It is fine to defend billie but don't be rude to the members here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:08 pm

BTW no one has answered me about who said Hailey was dead? I say there is a whole lot of stuff going on that only those close to the case know. So is that a leak from LE? Is that something Billie or Clint said? I do think Billie is guilty of neglect by not checking on her daughter the night she left supposedly to spend the night with her friend. I am sure she is kicking her self for that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

#2 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 4 Empty volunteers helping them has started to dwindle

Post by Nama Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:32 pm

The volunteer searchers looking for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn are asking for your help.

They say the number of volunteers helping them has started to dwindle. The searchers meet every Wednesday and Saturday at 9:00 a.m. at the housing authority in Colorado City. You can just show up, if you'd like to help, but you have to be 18-years-old and have an ID.

Hailey disappeared back on December 27th. So far no arrests have been made in the case, but Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey's mother, remains a person of interest.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:13 pm

glad you made it over pepperacho. it's a whole lot nicer here.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:18 pm

I have no idea if Shawn could have gotten into those particular leases. I do know that when I have to take my husband something and he is out on a lease, I get a great deal of scrutiny by everyone I encounter. I imagine anyone not in a company vehicle would.

I have not heard anyone come out and say Hailey is dead... I said that IMO, when searchers are walking through fields, digging in the dirt, and pulling down piles of branches, that my impression is that they are looking for a body. You will not find someone alive after 5 weeks laying out in a field, or buried, or hidden in brush. I do realize that these areas have to be ruled out though.

Sorry for any confusion about that.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:48 pm

czgtz wrote:
I have not heard anyone come out and say Hailey is dead... I said that IMO, when searchers are walking through fields, digging in the dirt, and pulling down piles of branches, that my impression is that they are looking for a body. You will not find someone alive after 5 weeks laying out in a field, or buried, or hidden in brush. I do realize that these areas have to be ruled out though.

Sorry for any confusion about that.
That's the way I took it too. After seeing pictures of the terrain I could only imagine, especially with the days/weeks going by, that at best the searchers are looking for anything that could be a clue, like clothing perhaps or they are looking for a body.

Does anyone have any idea how deep these wells are? I don't know if there's equipment that might have a camera on the end that can be lowered into these to see if anyone/thing is down there.

I defend Billie and any Mother that does not go search fields for their child. Someone did say that she could go out and meet the searchers, hand them water (or whatever), I think it's a good idea for her to get involved to that extent and it just might slow down some of the crazy talk. JMOO.
I respect Clint for being able to get out and search but I don't pass judgement on either of them because we are all different. I read somewhere that parents are advised NOT to search for fear of what they could find.

I just saw Hailey on Americas Most Wanted, I wish they would have had a little more on her because I could have blinked
and missed it.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthemhome Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:40 am

Hi all, I an new here but have ties to Texas, Memphis and Florida and intend on meeting with Brad Dennis very soon and possibly to come search, that being said are Klaas kids and the LRC looking in the fields too. I thought they were and think that has to be ruled out, I all to well remember Cindy Anthony not wanting TES to search since they were looking for a body but I think everyone should be looking for both, as hard as that it to say we have to face the possibility that she could be gone. I also am VERY close to the LE in Memphis after living there for 20+ yrs so if anyone had any information on why they think Hailey could be there, who took her there, I would be willing to call and get the info to the proper team to check into.

bringthemhome
bringthemhome

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:48 am

Welcome to VH, bringthemhome!

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthemhome Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:52 am

BJ♥OR wrote:Welcome to VH, bringthemhome!

Thanks, I want to bring her home just like I have wanted Haleigh Cummings home since that fateful day in February 2009. I just want to do anything I can to help and living about 15 miles from Brad and having ties to LE in Memphis, well I am willing to call in any favors and search if I can get away from Florida any time soon.
bringthemhome
bringthemhome

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 am

bringthemhome, Marc and Brad were both here, along with Laura Recovery Center a couple of weekends ago. And Brad stopped back by Monday on his was to Dallas. All of them continue to stay in touch with Billie and offer their support.

They all made a tremendous effort to get searchers trained. Brad also spent I don't know how many hours mapping out areas to be searched.

When Marc and Brad left, they said that if Hailey is not back within around 6 weeks, that they would both be back. As nice as it would be to see them again, I pray that Hailey will be home before then.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthemhome Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 am

czgtz wrote:bringthemhome, Marc and Brad were both here, along with Laura Recovery Center a couple of weekends ago. And Brad stopped back by Monday on his was to Dallas. All of them continue to stay in touch with Billie and offer their support.

They all made a tremendous effort to get searchers trained. Brad also spent I don't know how many hours mapping out areas to be searched.

When Marc and Brad left, they said that if Hailey is not back within around 6 weeks, that they would both be back. As nice as it would be to see them again, I pray that Hailey will be home before then.

Thanks for answering CZ, I am asking more specifically where the mapped areas were? I am trying to be delicate but if they were in the fields etc, then it could be either for evidence of something else that I don't want to say since I don't want to hurt you by saying the "word" IYKWIM~I did know they were there as I have followed this case from the beginning, but was more curious as to the areas they mapped.

But I do have a question for you with regards to Billie, can you tell me why she has told two different stories regarding when SA told her about Hailey going to MB's house and most importantly why on the 3rd of January she told NG that Shawn was at work when she knew on the 29th of December that he quit his job? Also, were Clint ant Naomi given LDT's.

I pray you are right and they don't have to return.

Thanks and I think you are a great friend to her, not a fair weathered friend.
bringthemhome
bringthemhome

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:23 am

Welcome to VH Bringthemhome! welcome2
This group here is wonderful and we all get along so well.
If you could shed some light on anything it would be so much appreciated.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthemhome Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:43 am

raine1953 wrote:Welcome to VH Bringthemhome! welcome2
This group here is wonderful and we all get along so well.
If you could shed some light on anything it would be so much appreciated.

Thanks so much raine, I wish I could but need to know what any insiders might know about Memphis and who if anyone close to Hailey's family was gone for the time needed to drive there and that could lead to any information I could pass on to the LE there. I have moved all my life and that is why I have contacts in TX even though I grew up in east TX, TN, FL, NC, SC and NE. Again, I am more then willing to do anything I can to try and help bring her home, and sad from what I have read and heard from my friend in Roscoe, TX about the general sentiment in Ccity. :pale:
bringthemhome
bringthemhome

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:51 am

I am not sure about the exact locations that were mapped. Although I realize that if nothing else, that possiblity has to be ruled out, and I sincerely appreciate the efforts of all those involved to rule out those areas, I honestly tried to avoid anything to do with that type of search.

On the Monday that Hailey disappeared, Shawn lied to Billie and told her that he had come home from work early. She just assumed that he came home around lunchtime. It was not until Wednesday, the day after she reported Hailey missing, when they were at the PD, that Shawn came clean and admitted that he was no longer working.

You know, I never asked her why she phrased it that way on NG. I am guessing that she had just repeated what she thought to be true so many times that it was automatic. I really don't know. I know that everyone is picking apart everything she says (I don't mean you).

Neither Clint or Naomi took polys.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:54 am

All anyone here (outside of LE) knows is that there was a 'tip' up that way. That was supposedly ruled out. Both Billie and Clint are somewhat disappointed that LE seems to leave them totally in the dark about the investigation.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthemhome Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:12 am

czgtz wrote:All anyone here (outside of LE) knows is that there was a 'tip' up that way. That was supposedly ruled out. Both Billie and Clint are somewhat disappointed that LE seems to leave them totally in the dark about the investigation.

Sad, I so wish someone had any clue I could take to my friend there in LE. Ask if you get a time if anyone related to the family or friends were gone for 2 days, that should be plenty of time for someone to get to Memphis and back and even spend the night to rest, I know since my brother from Sugarland used to come visit me there and he could make it pretty past but it is a tiresome trip. I know it sounds crazy but any little thing they can remember could help if this Memphis lead is valid. Also, I don't think LE would share with famil as to not compromise the investigation and as hard as that is to swallow, in the end it's best but if there was any talk in town about someone going to TN that would be great. I already asked my friend in Roscoe but she isn't related to anyone in Ccity so she had no idea sadly.
bringthemhome
bringthemhome

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthemhome Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 am

czgtz wrote:I am not sure about the exact locations that were mapped. Although I realize that if nothing else, that possiblity has to be ruled out, and I sincerely appreciate the efforts of all those involved to rule out those areas, I honestly tried to avoid anything to do with that type of search.

On the Monday that Hailey disappeared, Shawn lied to Billie and told her that he had come home from work early. She just assumed that he came home around lunchtime. It was not until Wednesday, the day after she reported Hailey missing, when they were at the PD, that Shawn came clean and admitted that he was no longer working.

You know, I never asked her why she phrased it that way on NG. I am guessing that she had just repeated what she thought to be true so many times that it was automatic. I really don't know. I know that everyone is picking apart everything she says (I don't mean you).

Neither Clint or Naomi took polys.

Wow, I lost my entire post somehow. OK, starting again. I went back and snipped the NG tidbit I am talking about:

GRACE: Tell me what happened the day she went missing, Miss Dunn.

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

Anyway, you say that is what she thought for so long wrt Shawn not telling her, but I am terribly analytical so bear with me, she only thought that for 1 day as she reported her missing on Tuesday and was told he quit on Wednesday the 29th, so by the time she went on NG she had known the real truth for 600% more time than the lie, and I am not trying to pick her words apart but I just think that stands out.

I can understand why you nor Billie or Clint would want to not search, no parent should have to endure that. Although I am not sure I could stop myself, I think just thanking the searchers, putting up flyers would be my limit as I couldn't take finding something that was evidence of my child's disappearance or worse.

I also think it's more than odd that Clint and Naomi weren't given LDT's even though I don't think they had anything to do with it, it's more SOP than anything and I can't even think of one case where a child went missing that both parents weren't asked to take them, even Desiree Young did and she was 5 hrs away when Ky disappeared.

bringthemhome
bringthemhome

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:41 am

Honestly, I don't know why she said 3pm on NG. I didn't catch that, or if I did, I don't remember. I only watched it the one time. I do know that she first reported the time he got home was 1pm, because she assumed he left work at lunchtime, but he admitted that it was 3pm at the PD, and investigators were in the room when he told her. So LE knew.

Billie has thanked the searchers, many times. And she has put out fliers, and made Find Hailey buttons, and anything else she can. You have to understand.... it is brutal here in CCity. People say horrible things about her, drive by her house shouting and throwing things, or circle the block and take pictures. People are cruel and hateful.

I agree about the polys. Maybe Clint and Naomi didn't have to take one because every single person that took one failed.... some multiple times.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthemhome Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:52 am

czgtz wrote:Honestly, I don't know why she said 3pm on NG. I didn't catch that, or if I did, I don't remember. I only watched it the one time. I do know that she first reported the time he got home was 1pm, because she assumed he left work at lunchtime, but he admitted that it was 3pm at the PD, and investigators were in the room when he told her. So LE knew.

Billie has thanked the searchers, many times. And she has put out fliers, and made Find Hailey buttons, and anything else she can. You have to understand.... it is brutal here in CCity. People say horrible things about her, drive by her house shouting and throwing things, or circle the block and take pictures. People are cruel and hateful.

I agree about the polys. Maybe Clint and Naomi didn't have to take one because every single person that took one failed.... some multiple times.

Thanks again but maybe I am not phrasing my question properly, I am not asking about the time of day being 1 versus 3, I am talking about the actualy day where she stated he came home from work when she knew that he had quit his job 6 days prior so it couldn't have been what she thought as she only thought that for one day , she found out she was missing on Tuesday and reported it and then found out the truth about Shawn quitting the very next day, that was 6 days before NG show, that is what I was asking about. I apologize if I wasn't clear.

I remember reading about ppl driving by her house and yelling things and didn't want to believe ppl could be that hateful but when I talked to my friend in Roscoe I learned they can and then I also read what you stated Favid had to go thru at school and I hope that teacher was fired ASAP.

I am glad she is out thanking the searchers, and putting up flyers. I think sitting home would drive you crazy thinking about all the what if's, it would me so it's good she is getting out from time to time as she can. I am saddened to hear ppl are going so far as to throw things at the house and serisouly LE should do something about that, maybe put up camera - that is extremely hateful but it does confirm what I heard from my friend from HS. Is it possible she could stay with someone else, maybe her mom until things calm down a bit. It almost sounds as bad as the Anthony home in Florida, and IIRC they did have to put cameras up. No family should have to go thru that ever.

I didn't know everyone flunked the LDT. WOW, that is unreal. I think I would demand the feds give me one over local LE, but I still can't imagine Clint and Naomi not being asked, or maybe they have been.
bringthemhome
bringthemhome

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:57 am

I'm sure that Clint said when he was on NG in the very beginning of this that he told LE he would take a LT. So if he's still willing, I wonder why LE hasn't taken him up on that. It's important to rule out parents, bf's, just anyone in the family.
I'm also thinking that it was local LE who gave the polys but I may have that wrong. If Billie had taken Ativan prior to the test, that's one reason she could have failed or been found to be 'deceptive' or so I've read. I also don't know what to think about who administered the polys.
I do wish LE would get their act together and give Clint and Naomi a poly, not that I'm suspecting them, just that I think they SHOULD have one.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:05 am

Back to the well pics.... those are pics of Seven Wells (if other sites are to be believed). There is a marker south of CCity off HWY 208 on the way to Lake Champion about the wells.

I am kind of embarrased to say that I don't know much about them, or even where exactly they are located, especially since I grew up out there in that area - you have to go down the old Seven Wells Road (which is officially CR 109) to get to my parent's place.

I think that they are just north of Lake Champion, somewhere between HWY 208 and CR 109.
But please dont hold me to that, because I could be totally wrong.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:15 am

Oh Lord raine, have y'all seriously not heard the story of the poly's over here?

When Shawn failed his poly, they told Billie about it right before she took hers. She said that she didn't want him at her house anymore, and I believe that it was one of the Rangers that passed that message on to him. Then, when Billie took hers, she was told that she failed also. So she was like WTH? Anyway, she told the media about that, and LE called her a liar everyway that they could... saying that they absolutely did not tell her that she had failed, yada yada yada. Then, the affidavits came out, and it said in those docs that yes, LE had told her that she failed and she was given an opportunity to explain why.

It was a poligrapher from Big Spring that administered the tests to everyone who took them. And like I said, everyone who took them failed at least once. I think that LE (and this is just MOO) decided that they had better quit giving them until they could find a more reliable person to administer them. And just dropped the ball on the entire matter.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by czgtz Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:23 am

Sorry bringthemhome, I didnt see your last post. I don't know why she said Shawn came home from work that first time she appeared on NG. She did correct it the next time she was on.

The teacher wasn't fired. Are you kidding me? This is CCity we are talking about after all. But from what my daughter has told me, I am guessing that the teachers were 'talked to', because she said that the teachers no longer talk about Hailey's disappearance at high school (At least in her classes - no telling what they do when she can't hear. I am quite sure that they are all aware I am standing firmly by Billie, and censor what they say around her, knowing that she will come home and tell me).

Billie wants to stay in her own house. She refuses to be run off. And I don't think LE has the money for cameras. The city can't even afford to hire the officers we need.

czgtz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:58 am

What a sad state of affairs. The city cannot afford enough officers, the FBI has not administered poly's to Billie, Shawn, Clint & Naomi and anyone else they may deem needs one. It is over a month since Hailey has been gone. People are throwing rocks at Billie's house. WOW!

Marc Klass, Brad Dennis and the Hailey Angels have all been there searching. Clint has been all over the place looking for his daughter. Billie was on NG for about 4 days in a row. And still...no Hailey. People are starting to wane in their search. Now what?

I fear this case will turn out like precious HaLeigh
Cummings who will be missing 2 years on Feb. 9th. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next