Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

+9
artgal16
mary.cole.144
NiteSpinR
Slys Hunny
Praying For Faith
lisette
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
13 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Exclusive: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Injuries After Trayvon Martin Shooting

Post by Nama Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 pm

A medical report compiled by the family physician of accused Trayvon Martin murderer George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a “closed fracture” of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.

Zimmerman faces a second-degree murder charge for the Feb. 26 shooting that left the unarmed 17-year-old high school junior dead. Zimmerman has claimed self-defense in what he described as a life-and-death struggle that Martin initiated by accosting him and punching him in the face, then repeatedly bashing his head into the pavement.

Also Tuesday, a trove of documents are being examined by lawyers for both the defense and prosecution as part of discovery in Zimmerman’s trial — including 67 CDs’ worth of documents, video of Martin on the night of the shooting, his autopsy report and videos of Zimmerman’s questioning by police.

Zimmerman’s three-page medical report is included in those documents that the defense could use as evidence.

The morning after the shooting, on Feb. 27, Zimmerman sought treatment at the offices of a general physician at a family practice near Sanford, Fla. The doctor notes Zimmerman sought an appointment to get legal clearance to return to work.

The record shows that Zimmerman also suffered bruising in the upper lip and cheek and lower back pain. The two lacerations on the back of his head, one of them nearly an inch long, the other about a quarter-inch long, were first revealed in photos obtained exclusively by ABC News last month.

But the report also shows Zimmerman declined hospitalization the night of the shooting, and then declined the advice of his doctor to make a follow-up appointment with an ear, nose and throat doctor.

In addition to his physical injuries, Zimmerman complained of stress and “occasional nausea when thinking about the violence.” But he was not diagnosed with a concussion. The doctor noted that it was “imperative” that Zimmerman “be seen with [sic] his psychologist for evaluation.”

According to the report, prior to the shooting Zimmerman had been prescribed Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but in fewer than 10 percent of patients.

A neighbor told ABC News that the day after the shooting he saw Zimmerman as he spoke to officers outside his home. He too recalled seeing black eyes and significant swelling — as well as a bandage over his nose.

Moments after the shooting Zimmerman told eyewitnesses he shot Martin in self-defense. He later told officers his head was being pounded into the pavement and that he feared for his life, but that it was only when Martin seemed to reach for the gun wedges in his waistband that Zimmerman drew his weapon and fired directly into Martin’s chest — killing him.

The medical notes may bolster Zimmerman’s claim that he acted in self-defense because he was being attacked. However, the prosecution contends that Zimmerman instigated the confrontation after profiling the teen, who was walking home after buying Skittles and ice tea. They prosecution says Martin was breaking no laws and was not disturbing anyone as he walked back to his father’s girlfriend’s home.

Zimmerman was granted a $150,000 bail and has since been in deep hiding since his April 20 bail hearing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 16, 2012 11:31 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by artgal16 Thu May 17, 2012 6:38 pm

There was no bruising on his eyes and not a lot of blood on his shirt= frankly I find this whole report of Zimmermans condition to be bogus.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Cops, Witnesses Back Up George Zimmerman's Version of Trayvon Martin Shooting

Post by Wrapitup Fri May 18, 2012 11:32 am

By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) , SENI TIENABESO (@senijr_abc) and COLLEEN CURRY
May 17, 2012
Two police reports written the night that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin said that Zimmerman had a bloody face and nose, according to police reports made public today.

The reports also note that two witness accounts appear to back up Zimmerman's version of what happened when they describe a man on his back with another person wearing a hoodie straddling him and throwing punches.

It has been such a contentious case that even the evidence is being disputed.

The police report states that Trayvon Martin's father told an investigator after listening to 911 tapes that captured a man's voice frantically callling for help that it was not his son calling for help.

But Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father, claims that is not true. The Martin family lawyer Ben Crump told ABC News that Tracy Martin initially listened to a distorted version of the 911 calls and said he could not identify the voice. But when he listened to a second tape that had been "cleaned," "He immediately broke down in tears because he knew it was his son calling for help," Crump said.

The new information is part of a trove of documents released by the Florida State Attorney today in the case against Zimmerman, who is charged with second degree murder for the Feb. 26 killing of Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old African American male.

Surveillance video of Martin in a store purchasing skittles right before the fatal incident was also released today.

Zimmerman, 28, is a multi-racial Hispanic man who volunteered for the neighborhood watch committee who claimed that he shot Martin in self-defense after the 6-foot tall, 160 pound teenager knocked him to the ground, banged his head against the ground and went for Zimmerman's gun.

The documents start with a criticism of Zimmerman's decision to follow the teenager, who Zimmerman said was looking suspicious.

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement," an investigating officer wrote.

Zimmerman claims he got out of his vehicle to find a house number to let police know where he saw the allegedly suspicious person, and while returning to his car was knocked down by a punch in the nose and attacked by Martin.

Two police officers reported that when they arrived at the scene of the shooting, Zimmerman seemed to have a battered nose and bloodied face. One wrote that his "facial area was bloodied," and the back of his clothing was soiled with wet grass.

"Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and the back of his head," Officer Ricardo Ayala wrote.

Another officer wrote, "I saw that Zimmerman's face was bloodied and it appeared to me that his nose was broken."

Witnesses, whose names were redacted from the report, also lent support to Zimmerman's version of what happened.

"He witnesses a black male, wearing a dark colored 'hoodie' on top of a white or Hispanic male and throwing punches 'MMA (mixed martial arts) style,'" the police report of the witness said. "He then heard a pop. He stated that after hearing the pop, he observed the person he had previously observed on top of the other person (the male wearing the hoodie) laid out on the grass."

A second witness described a person on the ground with another straddling him and throwing punches. The man on the bottom was yelling for help, the witness told police.

The documents state that Zimmerman can be heard yelling for help 14 times on a 911 call recorded during the fight.

Yet another witness described the confrontation in emotional terms.

The witness heard "someone yelling, almost crying. Then I heard a gunshot." The witness wrote that he or she "saw a man on top of a guy laying on the ground. He was putting his hands on his neck or chest."

The man asked the witness to call 911.

"He stood up and took a couple steps away and put his hands on his head and then walked back over to the guy on the ground. He looked at him for a minute, then started to walk away toward the road. That is when the police walked up," the witness wrote.

The lead investigator on the case, Officer Christopher Serino, wrote that Zimmerman could be heard "yelling for help as he was being battered by Trayvon Martin."

Martin's death sparked public outrage after police released Zimmerman without any criminal charges for the killing. Zimmerman was later charged with second-degree murder, and the killing provoked widespread debate about racial profiling.

The autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a close struggle.

Martin's autopsy report also revealed that there was a quarter-inch by half-inch abrasion on the left fourth finger of Martin, another indication of a possible struggle.

The teen, who lived in Miami, was in Sanford while serving a suspension for an empty marijuana bag discovered in his possession. Martin had THC, the drug found in marijuana, in his blood on the night of his death, according to the autopsy. His family told ABC News that it was "trace amounts" of THC.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri May 18, 2012 11:37 am

So if Zimmerman was minding his own damn business and didnt have a gun -none of this would have happened and because of this BS Stand your Ground Law - he can get off? Even if he was the busybody of the neighborhood - without a gun they both might have ended up bloodied and alive from a fist-fight. At least it would have been a "fair" fight with both of them unarmed. Now someone has died and there was absolutely no reason for Trayvon to be dead.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Trayvon Martin shooting: Witnesses change stories ahead of Zimmerman trial

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 23, 2012 4:35 pm

By Dylan Stableford | The Lookout – 7 hrs ago

Four witnesses in the Trayvon Martin case have changed their stories, some "in ways that may damage" George Zimmerman, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

According to records released last week in the second-degree murder case, the witnesses—all of them neighbors—were interviewed multiple times by police and special prosecutors about what they saw on Feb. 26, the night Zimmerman fatally shot Martin in Sanford, Fla.

Four days after the shooting, one woman told police she "saw two guys running" and then "a fistfight. Just fists. I don't know who was hitting who." But on March 20, she told investigators she saw just one person.

"I couldn't tell you if it was a man, a woman, a kid, black or white," the woman, "Witness 2," said. "I couldn't tell you because it was dark and because I didn't have my contacts on or glasses. I just know I saw a person out there."

Another witness, who was initially interviewed on March 20, said she saw two people on the ground immediately after the shooting but was not sure who was on top.

But in another interview with investigators six days later, the paper reported, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top.

"I know after seeing the TV of what's happening, comparing their sizes, I think Zimmerman was definitely on top because of his size," the woman, "Witness 12," said.
A third witness, "Witness 6," told police on the night of the shooting that he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style." He said the lighter-skinned man was calling for help. Interviewed later by investigators, he said he was not sure who was calling for help, and was not sure any punches were thrown.

A fourth witness also interviewed on the night of the shooting said he heard the shooting, ran outside, and saw Zimmerman standing with "blood on the back of his head." According to "Witness 13," Zimmerman told him that Martin "was beating up on me, so I had to shoot him."

A month later, the same witness described Zimmerman's demeanor: "[It was] not like 'I can't believe I just shot someone!' It was more like, 'Just tell my wife I shot somebody,' like it was nothing."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 6:22 pm

If someone was following me the way Zimmerman followed Trayvon I would feel threatened by that alone. Those wounds on Trayvon could have resulted from self defense. And George who was probably rightfully getting his a** beat pulled a gun and shot a 17 yr old kid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 pm

confused How can witnesses change their minds. If they were on the up and up about what they saw, it should have been fresh in their minds at the time that they first talked to the LE. I don't know if the truth will ever come out.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed May 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Well we know that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon for no reason other than, by Zimmermans own words, he thought he was "suspicious looking". We know that Trayvon was unarmed - we know that Zimmerman was told to stay in his car and that Zimmerman was armed. We know that there was a struggle in which Zimmerman sustained minor injuries but Trayvon is shot to death. To me this is manslaughter and I dont need to know one more thing about it.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 7:02 am

I agree artgal. You posted the so called "bottom line" of this whole case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Year before Trayvon Martin shooting, George Zimmerman criticized Sanford police as lazy, 'disgusting'

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 24, 2012 1:31 pm

George Zimmerman critized Sanford, Fla., police as lazy at a public forum in January 2011.

By msnbc.com staff and news services

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A year before he shot Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman criticized Sanford, Fla., police as lazy, saying at a public forum that he saw “disgusting” behavior by officers on ride-alongs.

He also contended the department covered up the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white officer.

"I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white," Zimmerman said during a 90-second statement to city commissioners at a community forum. "It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those that are in the thin blue line."

The forum took place on Jan. 8, 2011, days after a video of the beating went viral on the Internet and then-Sanford Police Chief Brian Tooley was forced to retire. Tooley's department faced criticism for dragging its feet in arresting Justin Collison, the son of a police lieutenant, in the beating.

The Miami Herald obtained a clip of a recording of the meeting and first reported details from the community forum Wednesday. The Associated Press also obtained a copy of the tape and reported details.

Zimmerman's public comments could be important because Martin’s parents and supporters contend the neighborhood watch volunteer singled Martin out because he was black. Zimmerman has a Peruvian mother and a white father. His supporters have said he is not racist.

Miami Herald: Listen to Zimmerman's January 2011 comments at community forum

At the community forum, Zimmerman said he witnessed "disgusting" behavior by officers when he was part of a ride-along program.

Security camera video just minutes before the confrontation with George Zimmerman
“The officer showed me his favorite hiding spots for taking naps, explained to me that he doesn’t carry a long gun in his vehicle because, in his words, ‘anything that requires a long gun requires a lot of paperwork, and you’re going to find me as far away from it.’

“He took two lunch breaks and attended a going-away party for one of his fellow officers.”

Zimmerman also said Tooley should be denied a pension.

“I would like to know what actions the commission is taking to repeal Mr. Tooley’s pension. I am not asking you to repeal his pension. I believe he has already forfeited his pension by his illegal cover-up, corruption and what happened in his department.”

Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s lawyer in the Martin shooting, said his client was concerned about fairness.

“I think he was upset with the cops, because they treated the homeless guy poorly and treated Collison very well,” O’Mara told the Miami Herald on Wednesday. “At the [community] meeting, he was like, ‘Hey, what are you doing?’ ”

Sanford Interim Police Chief Richard Myers said in a statement Wednesday it would be “inappropriate” to draw any conclusions from Zimmerman’s January 2011 comments at the forum.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for shooting Martin on Feb. 26 in Sanford. The 17-year-old Martin was walking back to a townhome where he was staying when he got into a confrontation with Zimmerman, who shot him in the chest at close range.

Zimmerman, who claims the shooting was self-defense, was initially not arrested. But after protests around the country and an investigation by a state prosecutor, he was charged.

Tooley's successor, Bill Lee, temporarily resigned his post following a no-confidence vote by city commissioners.

Lee offered to resign permanently, but commissioners turned down his request. He is on paid leave.

Prosecutors handling the case against Zimmerman on Wednesday asked a judge to keep some evidence from the public, including the results of an unspecified test police conducted on Zimmerman the day after the shooting and the identities and phone numbers of 22 witnesses.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 7:11 am

A new document dump is expected to be released today. Stay tuned for more information.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 31, 2012 11:10 am

Here we go again!!! Hadn't heard that term in awhile. Gotta love the Sunshine Law!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty George Zimmerman's bond revoked; must surrender in 48 hours

Post by raine1953 Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:00 pm

SANFORD, Fla. (KABC) -- A judge has revoked George Zimmerman's bail, giving the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer 48 hours to surrender.

The judge's move comes after prosecutors filed a motion requesting to revoke his bond on Friday, saying Zimmerman misled the court about his finances and his possession of a second passport, which he acquired two weeks after he shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin during an altercation.
read the rest of the story at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty George Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Post by Nama Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:12 am

Go figure George lied! I bet he and the truth are strangers. I did not see a document dump today. But this was even better news. Back in jail where he belongs. :cheering:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 am

lindamarie wrote:Go figure George lied! I bet he and the truth are strangers. I did not see a document dump today. But this was even better news. Back in jail where he belongs. :cheering:
I read that it's going to take the Judge 30 days to review the docs.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Zimmerman credibility may be issue in Martin case

Post by Nama Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:24 pm

The credibility of the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager could be an issue at trial after a judge said that George Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their finances to obtain a lower bond, legal experts say.
That's because the case hinges on jurors believing his account of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was killed. Zimmerman wasn't charged in the case until more than a month after the shooting, saying he shot Martin in self-defense under Florida's so-called stand your ground law. Protests were held across the U.S., and the case spurred debate about race. Martin was black; Zimmerman's father is white and his mother is from Peru.
The questioning of Zimmerman's truthfulness by the judge on Friday could undermine his credibility if it is brought up at trial. It also may complicate how his defense presents him as a witness, said Orlando-area attorney Randy McClean, who is a former prosecutor.
"The other key witness, unfortunately, is deceased," McClean said. "Basically, Zimmerman is going to be asking the jury to believe his version of the facts. … As the case stands now, his credibility is absolutely critical to the case."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Shellie Zimmerman, George Zimmerman wife

Post by Nama Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:29 pm

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 ShelliezimmermanGeorge Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 George-and-Shellie-TheDC-marked
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty George Zimmerman Turns Himself In After Bail Revoked

Post by Nama Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:27 pm

George Zimmerman arrived at the Seminole County Jail in Sanford, Fla., early this afternoon to turn himself in after a judge revoked his bail in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

Sheriff's office officials brought Zimmerman into jail in full view of the media, unlike his release, when he was whisked away in secrecy.

Looking a little heavier than he did after his arrest and with his formerly short-cropped hair growing out, Zimmerman wore a plaid shirt and jeans.

He arrived at the jail less than one hour before the 2:30 p.m. deadline for his surrender.

After he arrived, Zimmerman was to be booked again and placed into isolation in administrative confinement for his own protection, according to a law enforcement official.

Less than six weeks ago, Zimmerman walked out of Seminole County Courthouse a free man on bail, preparing to live the next year or two of his life in hiding as he awaited the beginning of his high profile murder trial for the death of Martin.

But following a contentious hearing Friday in which the court learned Zimmerman and his wife Shelly had allegedly tried to hide from the court the more than $135,000 in cash they had amassed in donated legal funds, Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester ordered him back in jail with 48 hours.

Within weeks of its launch on April 9, therealgeorgezimmerman.com received more than $200,000 in donations to help with Zimmerman's legal expenses. But at an April 20 bond hearing, Zimmerman and his wife told the judge they were financially indigent.

Since his attorney last month waived his right to a speedy trial, Zimmerman could conceivably spend the duration of the trial in isolation for his own security.

"At this time revoke his bond," Lester said at the hearing Friday. "Order him to surrender himself within 48 hours."

The prosecution presented at least four jailhouse phone conversations in which George and Shelly Zimmerman were apparently discussing tiny amounts of money, but where allegedly referring to some of the $200,000 supporters had poured into his PayPal account.

At the time of the recordings, Zimmerman had just been recently arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the death of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

During one call on April 16, Zimmerman and his wife were taped discussing their bank accounts.

George Zimmerman: In my account do I have at least $100?

Shelly Zimmerman: No

George Zimmerman: How close am I?

Shelly Zimmerman: $8. $8.60

George Zimmerman: Really? So total everything how much are we looking at?

Shelly Zimmerman: Like $155

Prosecutor Bernie De La Rionda noted Shelly Zimmerman actually meant $155,000.

He said the couple knew that their conversation was being recorded but that they were speaking in code and knowingly withheld from the court the amount of money brought in from therealgeorgezimmerman.com, the now defunct website set up by the 28-year-old to help fund his defense fund.

Zimmerman set up the site on April 9.

He released his first public comments about his role in the death of Trayvon Martin on it, and in less than 2 weeks the site raised $200,000 in anonymous donations sent via a PayPal link.

Information provided by Zimmerman's attorney a week after he was released on bail showed that the couple had $135,000 in their bank account a day before the April 20 hearing.

In court his wife said she had no idea how much money they received from the site and that they had no money, an argument Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara used in court to help persuade the judge to set bail at $150,000. The prosecution had requested bail to be set at $1 million.

"I quite frankly from the state position will flat out call it what it is, the defendant's wife lied to the court," said De La Rionda.

The prosecution contended that even though Zimmerman was in jail, he was "intimately involved" in the deposit and transfer of money from the site to various accounts.

During two of the recorded calls, Shelly Zimmerman was speaking with her husband from a Credit Union, and in one of the calls Zimmerman himself, was speaking directly to a Credit Union official.

During another recorded conversation on April 16, prosecutors say the two were discussing how to move forward with bond.

George Zimmerman: If the bond is more than 15, pay the 15. If more than 15 pay 10 percent to the bondsman.

Shelly Zimmerman: You don't want me to pay $100.

George Zimmerman: I don't know.

Shelly Zimmerman: All right just think about it.

George Zimmerman: I will.

Shelly Zimmerman: That's what it's for.

O'Mara said that the couple was not deliberately hiding money, and that it was "more of an innocent misunderstanding than a devious attempt to hide money."

At the time, Zimmerman was hesitant to use a bondsman to secure his release, due to the fear of an outsider knowing his whereabouts.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office officials said they know the whereabouts of Zimmerman, who is mandated to wear a GPS ankle bracelet 24/7 and that they are in constant contact with him.

Although it is almost a certainty that his attorney will seek to regain his freedom albeit a much higher bond, Zimmerman now faces the prospects of facing the next year or two in protective custody.

Zimmerman's attorney had earlier waived his right to a speedy trial and earlier during the hearing before his bail was addressed had said he didn't expect the trial to begin until sometime during 2013 at the earliest.

Prosecutors said they believe Zimmerman misled his attorney about his financial situation as well as the court.

Along with conversations about their finances, prosecutors also told the Judge that Zimmerman was hiding a second passport from authorities that he acquired shortly after the Martin shooting and had stored in a safety deposit box.

But after his bond he did turn the second passport into his attorney who quickly notified the court. The judge agreed with his attorney, that the second passport, which was never used, was not being hid maliciously.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump who looked elated as the judge made his ruling spoke before cameras and said this was the most important development of the case so far.

"We think what just transpired in the court room was very, very important," said Crump. "It was at the crux of the matter in the whole case. Judge Lester finding that he was dishonest is very important because his credibility is the most important thing in this entire case."

No known evidence exists detailing who instigated the confrontation between the two, but the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman could hinge on his assertion that the unarmed teen attacked him. Zimmerman is the only person who knows exactly what happened that night.

Friday's hearing began with the state and prosecution unsuccessfully arguing that releasing more evidence to the public could jeopardize Zimmerman receiving a fair trial and unduly burden witnesses in the case.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty George Zimmerman Has a New Mugshot

Post by Nama Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 pm

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 George-zimmerman-mug-0603

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Old Mugshot

Post by Nama Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:28 pm

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 4990510-1
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Zimmerman Attorneys Request New Bond Hearing

Post by Nama Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 am

Jun. 4, 2012 - George Zimmerman is back in jail after his bail was revoked. Defense attorneys blame misunderstandings for discrepancies about Zimmerman's finances and passport. Zimmerman is charged with killing unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:58 am

Zimmerman's attorney seeks new hearing after client returns to jail
Published June 04, 2012

MIAMI – George Zimmerman's attorney says he expects to file a motion Monday seeking a new bond hearing for Trayvon Martin's shooter, who surrendered to authorities in central Florida after a judge revoked his bond.
Wearing a button-down checkered shirt, blue jeans and sneakers, a handcuffed Zimmerman was escorted by two deputy sheriffs from a white minivan into the Seminole County jail Sunday afternoon. He did not answer shouted questions from reporters as he was led inside the jail to be booked, photographed and processed.
The former neighborhood watch volunteer is charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting February of Martin, an unarmed black teenager, in a gated community in Sanford, outside Orlando. Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty, claiming he acted in self-defense.
Defense attorney Mark O'Mara carefully chose his words in addressing his next move before Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester, who on Friday said he believed Zimmerman and his wife had lied to the court in April about their finances to obtain a lower bond.
"He is in custody now," O'Mara said of Zimmerman, 28. "He's going to remain there until we get back before Judge Lester if and when he grants us a bond hearing. It sounded like he might consider it. But that is going to be based upon the motion itself."
O'Mara went on to say Sunday that he thinks the defense "explanation, or apology if it is, should go directly to the person who deserves it, in this case that is Judge Lester."
"Again, (we are) just hoping that the judge will give us an audience so we can further explain away why what happened seems to have happened," O'Mara said.
The judge on Friday gave Zimmerman two days to surrender, and about 40 minutes before the 2:30 p.m. Sunday deadline, the Seminole County jail website listed Zimmerman as an inmate. He was being held without bail and had $500 in his jail account, the website showed. A new booking photo showed a clean-shaven Zimmerman, with a fuller head of hair than the crew cut he sported in his April booking photo.
Seminole County Sheriff Donald Eslinger said Zimmerman turned himself in to two sheriff's deputies around 1:25 p.m. near the jail, and was then driven there.
"He is quiet and cooperative," Eslinger said at a news conference after Zimmerman's surrender.
The sheriff's office said Zimmerman would be in a cell by himself, separated from the general population, because the case is so high-profile. Zimmerman will not have access to a TV.
Prosecutors said last week that Zimmerman and his wife told the judge at a bond hearing in April that they had limited money, even though he had raised about $135,000 through a website set up for his legal defense. They suggested more has been collected since and deposited in a bank account. Defense attorneys say the matter is a misunderstanding.
Zimmerman, who was charged in April in the death of the 17-year-old Martin, was ordered by a judge Friday to return to jail. Zimmerman had been staying at an undisclosed location for his safety.
The judge said Friday he would schedule a hearing after Zimmerman was back in custody so he could explain himself.
His legal team said Sunday they hope Zimmerman's voluntary surrender will show he is not a flight risk. The money Zimmerman has raised is in an independent trust and cannot be directly accessed by Zimmerman or his attorneys, according to a news release.
Zimmerman maintains that he shot Martin in self-defense under Florida's so-called "stand-your-ground" law because the teenager was beating him up after confronting him about following Martin. Zimmerman had called 911 to complain about suspicious activity. Martin was walking from a convenience store to the home of his father's fiancee in the same gated community where Zimmerman lived.
Legal experts say Zimmerman's credibility could become an issue at trial, noting that the case hinges on jurors believing Zimmerman's account of what happened the night in February when Martin was killed.
Police in Sanford did not immediately arrest Zimmerman, citing the Florida stand-your-ground law that gives wide latitude to the use of deadly force rather than retreat in an altercation if someone believes he or she is in danger of being killed or seriously injured.
Protests were held across the nation, and the case spurred an emotional debate about whether race was a factor in Zimmerman's actions and in the initial police handling of the case. Zimmerman's father is white and his mother is from Peru.
After a special prosecutor eventually brought charges against Zimmerman, he was arrested 44 days after the killing.
Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, was asked about the website at the April bond hearing, but she said she didn't know how much money had been raised. The judge set bail at $150,000. Zimmerman was freed a few days later after posting $15,000 in cash -- which is typical.
Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda complained Friday, "This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny. It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie."
The defense countered that Zimmerman and his wife never used the money for anything, which indicated "there was no deceit."
Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Trayvon Martin's parents -- Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton -- said his clients have always said Zimmerman should remain in jail until trial.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Attorney: "We feel the failure to disclose these funds was caused by fear, mistrust, and confusion"

Post by Nama Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:30 pm

The former neighborhood watch leader charged with fatally shooting Trayvon Martin was confused and fearful when he and his wife misled court officials about their finances during an April bond hearing that allowed him to be released from jail, his attorney said Monday.
Attorney Mark O'Mara wrote on a website run by George Zimmerman's legal team that he will ask for another bond hearing. A day earlier, Zimmerman returned to jail because his $150,000 bond was revoked by a Florida judge after prosecutors claimed Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, deceived the court during the bond hearing.
At the hearing, Shellie Zimmerman testified that the couple had limited funds for bail because she was a full-time student and her husband wasn't working. Prosecutors say Zimmerman actually had raised $135,000 in donations from a website he created.
Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester ordered Zimmerman returned to the Seminole County Jail, and Zimmerman complied Sunday afternoon. Zimmerman had been hiding in an undisclosed location for safety reasons.
"While Mr. Zimmerman acknowledges that he allowed his financial situation to be misstated in court, the defense will emphasize that in all other regards, Mr. Zimmerman has been forthright and cooperative," O'Mara said.
Zimmerman will remain in jail at least until next Monday because the judge will be out of court this week and has no hearings scheduled.
When Shellie Zimmerman was asked at the bond hearing how much money was raised from the website, she said, "Currently, I do not know."
O'Mara acknowledged that the phone calls make clear Zimmerman knew a lot of money had been raised by the website. But Zimmerman's judgment was clouded by threats to his safety that required him to stop working and forced Zimmerman and his family to leave their homes, the lawyer said.

"We feel the failure to disclose these funds was caused by fear, mistrust, and confusion," O'Mara said.
Of the $204,000 raised from the now-defunct website, $150,000 is under the administration of an independent third party. About $30,000 was used to help Zimmerman go into hiding after he was released from jail in April. The remaining $20,000 was kept in cash to help with the Zimmermans' living expenses. A separate website started by O'Mara has raised $37,000.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Lawyer says George Zimmerman knew judge was misinformed about his finances

Post by Nama Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 pm

But Zimmerman's judgment was clouded by threats to his safety that required him to stop working and forced Zimmerman and his family to leave their homes, the lawyer said.
His judgement was clouded on the night he shot Trayvon that is for sure.
BS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:50 pm

If he would lie about his finances, he sure as hell will lie about what REALLY happened that night. What a POS he is!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Zimmerman’s Bail Request Delayed

Post by Nama Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:50 am

Although George Zimmerman’s lawyers plan to file a motion asking for a new bail hearing for the murder suspect, the filing has been delayed, defense attorneys said Tuesday.

“Mr. Zimmerman’s legal defense team has decided to delay filing a motion for bond,” the defense team said Tuesday on its website, GZLegalcase.com. “A hearing will not be scheduled for a couple of weeks, and we will file a motion well in advance of the hearing.”

The filing was delayed for several reasons, lead defense attorney Mark O’Mara said but did not elaborate.

The 28-year-old Florida man accused in the death of Trayvon Martin had been free on bail for weeks until Sunday afternoon, when he turned himself in to authorities in Seminole County, Florida. The judge had ordered him back after questioning statements made in the first bail hearing.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Orlando, Florida -- The wife of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has been arrested.

Shellie Zimmerman was arrested on charges of perjury, due to testimony she earlier gave saying the couple had limited funds for bail, because she was a full-time student and her husband wasn't working. Prosecutors say Zimmerman actually raised $135,000 in donations from a website he created.

Shellie turned herself in Tuesday afternoon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Judge orders release of more evidence in George Zimmerman case/Judge Kenneth Lester says evidence will be released in 15 days

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:10 am

Published On: Jun 13 2012 02:21:56 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 13 2012 05:45:27 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
A judge has ordered the release of additional evidence in the case of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

Local 6 has obtained the six-page order, which was issued on Tuesday by Judge Kenneth Lester, who has ruled that the evidence must be released within 15 days.

The evidence will include what Zimmerman told police the night of the Feb. 26 fatal shooting, witness testimony and emails sent to the Sanford Police Department about the case.

Lester wrote in the order that Zimmerman's statements to police aren't confessions and they must be released to the public. Zimmerman gave at least three recorded statements, one of them a video reenactment of how he claims Martin attacked him.

Lester said Zimmerman doesn't admit to anything, other than shooting Martin.

The witness names and addresses will be redacted, according to the order.

"The world has changed," Lester wrote int he order, saying that Internet access has given so many people so much access to public information, that some of it should no longer be public.

Lester said potential witness harassment is a "serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice." He cited the meter reader who found Caylee Anthony's body was vilified by Casey Anthony's defense team and had his minor criminal past "trumpeted to the world," though records should it was Anthony's attorneys who first published that in the court filings.

Lester also blocked access to Zimmerman's cellphone records, except the date and time of the calls to Sanford police.

Both the prosecution and Zimmerman's attorney had wanted to block the release of the new evidence, including statements Zimmerman made to police, pictures of the crime scene, names of witnesses and cellphone records. Prosecutors said Zimmerman's statements are inconsistent and would jeopardize his chance of a fair trial.

But Lester said at the June 2 hearing the law "favors full, complete and open disclosure." Lester had said he would "review, redact and release items in question."

Zimmerman will be in court next on June 29 for his second bond hearing. His bond was revoked at the June 1 evidence hearing after prosecutors say Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, misled the court on his finances during an April bail hearing that allowed his release on $150,000 bond.

Shellie Zimmerman was arrested and posted bond on Tuesday on perjury charges.

He faces second-degree murder charges in Martin's death. Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense.Watch Local 6 for more on this story.

Very interesting video w/Tony Pipatone.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:11 am

Evidence to be released:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Crime Scene Photos & 911 Calls! New Evidence Released In Trayvon Martin Case!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 am

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 George10
More discovery evidence has been released to George Zimmerman’s defense team as hundreds of pages of documents, surveillance video, crime scene photos and 911 calls Zimmerman made on the night he shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

He don't look all beat up to me. I saw some blood on the back of his head but nothing major. I thought George nose was broken in the alleged fight. Sure don't look broken to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:37 pm

George Zimmerman defense team receives 2nd round of evidence
Website says info includes surveillance video, crime scene photos

Author: Jason Olson, Producer, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Published On: Jun 15 2012 01:36:42 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 15 2012 12:53:05 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
George Zimmerman's defense team has received a second round of evidence from state prosecutors, according to the defense team's website.

According to the website, the discovery package includes seven compact discs and hundreds of pages of documents. The website says this includes surveillance video, police radio transmissions, crime scene photos, 911 calls Zimmerman made prior to the night of the Trayvon Martin shooting, and more.

The document issued by court officials says Judge Kenneth Lester issued the discovery to Mark O'Mara and his legal team on Thursday. On O'Mara's website, GZLegalCase.com, the June 1 ruling of the Court says the defense will have 30 days to review the discovery before it is made available to the public.

Read: Redacted discovery list

"The discovery process is ongoing, and we expect additional discovery to be disclosed as the case develops," O'Mara wrote.

Zimmerman is charged with second degree murder in the death of Trayvon Martin. Martin was shot and killed February 26th. He's pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense. His wife, Shellie Zimmerman, was arrested earlier in the week on perjury charges after prosecutors said she lied about their finances at Zimmerman's first bond hearing. She has since been released on bond.

Zimmerman has his second bond hearing scheduled for June 29.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty 69 photos related to the case

Post by Nama Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:52 pm

"The innocent witnesses who have performed their civil and moral duty by reporting what they observed to law enforcement should not have their lives turned upside-down for having done so," he said.
Cell phone records not dealing with calls from Zimmerman to police will also remain sealed, he said, as will photographs of Martin's body after the shooting.
Prosecution and defense lawyers had argued that a host of material should remain sealed.
The intense public attention on the case is a chief reason certain information should remain out of the public eye, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda said in a motion filed last month.
Releasing too much "will result in this matter being tried in the press rather than in court, and an inability to seat a fair and impartial jury in Seminole County," he argued. De la Rionda also voiced worries about witnesses being "reluctant to testify" for fear that their privacy would be violated and other witnesses being "harassed by media representatives."
De la Rionda also requested that the judge seal statements Zimmerman made to law enforcement officers, some of which may be used against him at trial because they were "inconsistent with the physical evidence and statements of witnesses."
Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, filed his own motion agreeing with the prosecution's desire not to release material. He said the defense wants 1,000 e-mails received by Sanford police to be sealed, plus statements by Zimmerman.
Scott Ponce of the Miami-based law firm Holland & Knight argued for more disclosure on behalf of various newspapers, TV stations and their parent companies.
"The broad secrecy the state seeks ... is not supported by statute, constitution or case law, and it certainly cannot be justified in this prosecution," he said.
Ponce had argued that civilian witnesses' names and addresses couldn't be sealed under Florida's public records law, because they would not be "defamatory" or "jeopardize the safety" of a witness.
In his six-page order, Lester noted the media scrutiny of the case.
"News stories have been routinely disseminated presenting opinion and rumors as fact. Any person who has logged onto a news website in the last three months has at the least seen a headline relating to the case," he wrote. "As noted, common sense tells this court that the full disclosure of information, as sought by the media interveners, will irreparably harm the...ability to receive a fair trial."
Zimmerman, 28, has pleaded not guilty. He has been in custody at the Seminole County's John E. Polk Correctional Facility since June 3, two days after Lester revoked his bond. A bail hearing is scheduled for June 29.
Zimmerman's wife was charged with perjury this week for allegedly lying at his bond hearing about the couple's finances.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Zimmerman spoke to wife in code from jail to hide assets, prosecutors allege

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Six recorded conversation between George Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, have been released to the public, possibly revealing a conspiracy to lie to the court about their assets. NBC's Kerry Sanders reports from Florida.

By Kari Huus, msnbc.com
Speaking by phone from jail, George Zimmerman gave detailed instructions to his wife to conduct a series of money transfers and transactions in allegedly coded exchanges that were intended to hide from the court how much money had been raised to help pay for his legal defense, Florida prosecutors say.
Transcripts of the phone calls, which were part of the evidence that the state had introduced in a request to get Zimmerman's bail revoked, were released by the court on Monday. Zimmerman's attorney called for a hearing to stop the release of more than 140 other calls.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., in February. He says he shot the unarmed teen in self-defense.

Prosecutors released six recorded calls Zimmerman made from April 12 through April 17 while he was in Seminole County Jail. In the calls, he gave his wife Shellie detailed instructions to change passwords and answer security questions for accounts, allowing her to move money. He then instructed her to move the money in a series of transactions carried out over days.

The calls show that Zimmerman and his wife attempted to hide their assets from the court, prosecutors alleged. Before his bail was set at $150,000 on April 20, Shellie Zimmerman testified that she and her husband were broke, and that she didn't know how much her husband's legal defense fund had amassed.

Prosecutor say the calls show the Zimmermans knew they had raised at least $135,000 before his arrest.

Accusing the couple of lying about their assets, Seminole County Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester revoked Zimmerman's bond on June 1 and sent him back to jail. Shellie Zimmerman was charged with perjury and released on $1,000 bond.

The attorney defending Zimmerman, Mark O'Mara, played down the relevance of the phone conversations in an interview with NBC News on Monday.

"(The calls) certainly suggest that they knew how much money that they had in the account that was coming through," said O'Mara. "Let’s not forget, though they were not honest with Judge Lester at first, that it was disclosed four days later. The money was transferred to my trust account and taken care of."
Zimmerman's fundraising website was shut down on April 24.

The content of the conversations with his wife was expected to play an important role in Zimmerman's next bond hearing on June 29.

To view full transcripts of the phone calls, click here:
Call 1
Call 2
Call 3
Call 4
Call 5
Call 6

Prosecutors argued that the Zimmermans were speaking in code on the phone calls, which they knew were recorded — using $10 in their conversations to represent $1,000 — to mask the large transactions.
"In my account, do I have at least $100?" Zimmerman asks his wife in a conversation on April 16.
"There's, like, $8," she says.

"OK, so total, everything, how much are we looking at?" he asks.

"Um, like, $155," she answers.

In other conversations he instructs her to transfer increments of $10 from his account to hers and to the account of his sister, Suzie. He also tells her to pay off the bills, including a Sam's Club credit card, American Express and Walmart.

Prosecutors allege the couple was moving money out of an Internet PayPal account that they referred to as "Peter Pan," as it was flooded with donations, the Orlando Sentinel reported, citing prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda.

On Monday, prosecutors also released the couple's bank statements, showing a series of transfers between the PayPal account and their personal accounts, the Sentinel reported.

The couple made sure the transfers were under $10,000. Transactions of amounts larger than $10,000 within a given 24-hour period must be reported to the IRS.

Judge cites Internet age, orders release of more evidence in Trayvon Martin shooting
In the calls, Zimmerman asks his wife to buy bulletproof vests for the two of them and for defense attorney O’Mara, because of concerns for their safety in the racially and emotionally charged case.
"As uncomfortable as it is, I want you wearing one," Zimmerman told his wife. He was wearing a bulletproof vest when he left jail after posting bond later in April. O'Mara has reported receiving threats.
Neither Zimmerman nor his wife made any direct comment in the calls on the criminal charges he faces or about the victim.

On April 12, a day after Zimmerman was arrested, his wife told him about donations and messages flowing in through a website set up to support him — to the extent that they crashed the site several times.

"Wow, that is awesome," Zimmerman said.

O'Mara acknowledged the calls from jail may have damaged Zimmerman's credibility for the upcoming murder trial.

"Don’t forget that his credibility is of some relevance but much more important are the facts of the case," said O'Mara. "So if we have forensic facts, if we have eyewitness or ear-witness facts, if we have injuries that were sustained and what they mean, those are the facts that a jury should really look at. They may never need to get to the point of George’s credibility because the facts themselves may speak loud enough to give the true signal."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Police chief in Trayvon Martin case fired

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 am

By MICHAEL S. JAMES and SENI TIENABESO | Good Morning America – 3 hrs ago

Sanford, Fla., has fired Bill Lee, the police chief who initially oversaw the controversial investigation into a white-Hispanic neighborhood watch captain's fatal shooting of a black 17-year-old, Trayvon Martin.
The initial lack of an arrest drove widespread protests and propelled the case into national headlines.
Lee previously took leave as chief and later offered to resign. Now, he is "permanently relieved of duty," according to a written announcement from the city.

"After much thoughtful discussion and deep consideration for the issues facing the city of Sanford, I have determined the police chief needs to have the trust and respect of the elected officials and the confidence of the entire community," Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte was quoted saying in the city's statement. "We need to move forward with a police chief that all the citizens of Sanford can support. I have come to this decision in light of the escalating divisiveness that has taken hold of the city."

Sanford police initially cited Florida's "stand your ground" law, which allows killings in self defense, in declining to arrest the neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman claimed he was defending himself, adding that after a late-night confrontation Martin was getting the better of him in a scuffle prior to the fatal shot.

Amid separate investigations into the shooting and the response to it, Lee said on March 22 that he was "temporarily" stepping aside as Sanford police chief. He later offered his full resignation but the city council narrowly voted to reject it.

In April, a special prosecutor appointed by Gov. Rick Scott charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

In announcing Lee's dismissal, Sanford said Interim Chief Rick Myers would continue to run the city's police department as the city conducted a nationwide search for a permanent replacement.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Empty Police say Zimmerman had chances to defuse situation before shooting Martin

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:08 pm

By Bill Dedman
Investigative Reporter, msnbc.com

Prosecutors released more documents, photos and audiovisual files on Tuesday afternoon from the case of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, accused of murder in the second degree in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26.

Here is a PDF file containing 29 pages of investigative reports.

Zimmerman told police that he saw Martin walking, followed him in his vehicle, passed him without identifying himself, called the police non-emergency line, lost sight of Martin as Martin ran toward his father's home, followed Martin on foot, and then was confronted by Martin, who attacked him when Zimmerman reached into his pocket for his cell phone to call 911.

The report shows that Zimmerman passed a "lie detector" test, called a computer voice stress analyzer. Such tests are popular with police departments but usually are not admissable as evidence in court.
The police detective concluded that Zimmerman's actions were "inconsistent" with someone who was afraid of Martin, and that Zimmerman had several chances to end the encounter without violence.
"Investigative findings show that Zimmerman admitted avoiding a confrontation with Martin while Zimmerman was observing Martin from his vehicle, because, as he told investigators, was afraid of Martin," Det. Chris Serino wrote. "Later in the encounter, Zimmerman exited his vehicle, in spite of his earlier admission to investigators that he was afraid of Martin, and followed Martin in an effort to maintain surveillance of him while Zimmerman awaited the arrival of law enforcement officers. His actions are inconsistent with those of a person who has stated he was in fear of another subject.

"Investigative findings show that George Michael Zimmerman had at least two opportunities to speak with Trayvon Benjamin Martin in order to defuse the circumstances surrounding their encounter. On at least two occasions, George Martin Zimmerman failed to identify himself as a concerned resident or a neighborhood watch member to Trayvon Benjamin Martin. Investigative findings show the physical dimension of Trayvon Benjamin Martin, and that of George Michael Zimmerman, coupled with the absence of any specialized training in hand to hand combat between either combatant, did not place George Michael Zimmerman in an extraordinary or exceptional disadvantage of apparent physical ability or defensive capacity.

"Investigative findings show the physical injuries displayed by George Michael Zimmerman are marginally consistent with a life-threatening violent episode as described by him, during which neither a deadly weapon nor deadly force was deployed by Trayvon Martin."

"The following sequence of events were obtained by admissions made by Zimmerman and cannot be corroborated by independent witnesses, nor can be refuted by independent witnesses:

In a video clip from Feb. 27, 2012, released by his attorney, George Zimmerman takes investigators back to the scene of his shooting of Trayvon Martin. (George Zimmerman featured at 2:15)

"While Zimmerman was returning to his vehicle, he states he was attacked by Martin, but only after Martin inquires to Zimmerman, 'What's your problem?'

"Zimmerman, instead of attempting to inform Martin of the reason he was following him, stated to Martin, 'I don't have a problem.'

"As Zimmerman responds to Martin, by his own admission, Zimmerman reaches into his pocket attempting to locate his cell phone.

"As Zimmerman reaches for his cell phone, he stated Martin replies, 'You have one now,' and Martin punches Zimmerman in the face, knocking him to the ground.

"Zimmerman stated that he was battered by Martin to the point of almost losing consciousness. He stated he ultimately had no choice but to shoot Martin in self-defense."

The report continues:
"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern. There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter. Zimmerman, by his statements made to the call taker and recorded for review, and his statements made to investigators following the shooting death of Martin, made it clear that he had already reached a faulty conclusion as to Martin's purpose for being in the neighborhood."
The investigator concludes with a recommendation that Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter. He was ultimately charged with a more serious charge, homicide in the second degree.

Police also released a copy of Zimmerman's neighborhood watch handbook, including this warning: "Neighborhood Watch is NOT the Vigilante Police. Work with the police. Be our eyes and ears. Report suspicious activity."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 am

If I was Zimmerman's wife, I'd empty the accounts, change my name and disappear... Whether he's found guilty or innocent this is not going to turn out well.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 4 Run11
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 am

As usual Nite, agreed
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 am

Same here..and love the little emoticom!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:25 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next