Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

+9
artgal16
mary.cole.144
NiteSpinR
Slys Hunny
Praying For Faith
lisette
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
13 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by raine1953 Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:14 pm

I hope not. My computer went nuts on me, could not get here, had to restart.

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by TerryRose Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Not guilty????? of anything?????Unreal!!!!!
I have begun to wonder about Florida justice and just how safe it might be to raise children there. Between Haleigh Cummings, Caylee Anthony, and now Travon Martin, it seems adults can do anything that leads to the death of a child or minor and get away with it, scot free! This is unreal. Had the 17-year-old no right to confront that stalker and stand his ground? But Zimmerman had a right to stalk and frighten the kid into a tussle, then shoot him dead, who was otherwise just minding his own business? Like I say, something stinks in Florida.my 2 cents 
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:25 pm

I sure hope not.

Long Story Short The Prosecution Did Not Prove Their Case.

Perhaps they should have spent more time gathering evidence, before going into court.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:25 pm

There used to something rotten in Denmark.......*it's* now moved to FL, whatever the heck it is.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:32 pm

nitespin, I think maybe there wasn't any more evidence than what they presented, mainly because the only other witness, the victim in this case, is dead and cannot talk. JMO.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:33 pm

I think that is perhaps another sad aspect of this case. There was not enough evidence against Zimmerman to take this case to trial.

Saw on CNN that Trayvon's parents were voluntarily not present in the courtroom to hear the verdict.

We will soon be hearing that Trayvon's parents are bringing a Wrongful Death suit against Zimmerman. All that was not allowed as evidence in the Criminal trial will be admissible in a Civil case and we will learn more (good or bad) about both Zimmerman and Martin.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:34 pm

FL seems to be the not guilty state lately. Oh well, I do hope that the people act like adults and don't riot. I so feel for Travon's parents, either way they lost. I can accept the jury's verdict, I kind of thought it might come in not guilty because even thou' I thought Z was guilty of Martin being dead, I don't think the prosecution proved their case. Hopefully during the last what 1 1/2 yrs (or was it 2 1/2?) that Z has learned not to carry a firearm. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:59 pm

If I could talk to Travon's parents, I would say "right on"---"---go for it"----"bring on the civil case!"
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:29 pm

It breaks my heart that so many think justice was served. Ive been on another site arguing my point not that it makes a hill of beans. This man confronted a kid walking down the street and ended up shooting him in the heart and he gets NOTHING???? In most states (if not all) If you get in a car wreck and someone dies you do time for manslaughter at the least...HE SHOT THIS BOY IN THE HEART FOR WALKING DOWN THE STREET AND HITTING HIM WHEN CONFRONTED???? Where is the justice in that???grrrr  George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 3870802818  WTF  BS 
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 pm

I agree Raine
and "Yes" TerryRose I hope they do move forward with a Civil Case, I'm curious to learn more.
I also agree with you Slys Hunny, Zimmerman was given no culpability for taking a young man's life.

It is my belief that we are born into this life with our fates predefined. We live and die according to a plan over which we have no control. George and Trayvon's destinies brought them to the place where they would cross paths that rainy night, sadly one died and the other walked away.
We can speculate over how things should or shouldn't have happened, but in the end, it was, how it was meant to be.

If the death of this young man brings about change to racism and racial profiling, then IMO that is Justice for Trayvon.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 pm

My opinion from nearly the beginning is that Z was a wanna be cop. As much as the race card has been pushed I don't think it happened because of race. I would always see a problem with a wanna be cop arming himself/herself. I do not think Martin was a thug, his record wasn't bad (imo) but I don't know what happened between the two that night. The witnesses didn't know. This has always bothered me. What I do think is that Z should have stopped following Martin when he was told to do so by the police dispatch and he did not. He said he was looking for a street sign or address, something but he was still violating the orders of the police dispatch. He was armed. Neighborhood watch people are not armed. He was not hired as a security person for the neighborhood. I think his *cop* mind saw someone he didn't think *belonged* in the neighborhood and the rest is history. Maybe Martin did hit him in the nose and maybe was responsible for his head bleeding. But shoot him? No way. I  don't believe Z that Martin was on top of him grabbing his gun.
What I do think is that it should NOT have taken so long to arrest Z. I do think his arrest came as a result of public outcry. I think that is wrong if that is what happened. He had plenty of time to talk w/ lawyers to come up with his 'story'. Who knows if any of it is true, Martin is dead and can't speak for himself.
I do not think the prosecution had the evidence to prove their case. Look at their 'star witness', the girl who changed her story for example.
Slys, you make a good point about a car accident, someone being killed and that resulting in a vehicular manslaughter charge if the criteria fits.
I accept the verdict because I kind of already thought it might come in this way, partially because of not enough evidence.
I hope Z has learned something and I feel horrible for Travon's parents but I have since day one. It's just not right to bury your child.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:55 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:I agree Raine
and "Yes" TerryRose I hope they do move forward with a Civil Case, I'm curious to learn more.
I also agree with you Slys Hunny, Zimmerman was given no culpability for taking a young man's life.

It is my belief that we are born into this life with our fates predefined. We live and die according to a plan over which we have no control. George and Trayvon's destinies brought them to the place where they would cross paths that rainy night, sadly one died and the other walked away.
We can speculate over how things should or shouldn't have happened, but in the end, it was, how it was meant to be.

If the death of this young man brings about change to racism and racial profiling, then IMO that is Justice for Trayvon.
I agree, but what I just bolded I hadn't thought about, damn good thought Nite and I agree.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:02 am

Am Speechless and GLAD am NOT in Florida right now. W/my grandsons who are all awake so cannot comment but you can bet I will. Thanks for the text and vm, Nama..was already fast asleep.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:58 am

Link to self starting video : Orlando Sentinel "Zimmerman's Not Guilty Verdict, Shocks Demonstrators Outside Courthouse"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:22 am

I don't know if I am right about this, it is just a feeling I have about current events and I will unload it here:

Preface my remarks to say that I am all for the second amendment and the right of the common man to have arms.

In cases like these, I can only wonder if the immense political power of the NRA somehow threatens juries and the courts.  Here where I live, I cannot smoke a Doral cigarette even outside on the premises of many businesses without breaking the law, fined, and, if caught more than once, doing jail time.  This is all about the nit-picky people who think that one whiff of a smell of tobacco burning many yards away will taint them or kill them from secondhand smoke.  But, in these same businesses, within the buildings and without, it is now legal to carry a concealed, loaded handgun or any kind of loaded gun into those establishments.  It seems to me the danger to one's life in public places is much greater with the proliferation of loaded weapons than it would be from somebody's lit cigarette, but our lawmakers are very much beholden to the NRA in present times.

The NRA thinkspeak comes out of the mouths of many common folk these days.  People seem emboldened and feel more powerful when they announce that they own a gun.  It may come to the psychology of "Have gun, anxious to use it" one day.  The slaughter through the use of guns increases in major cities.  One day, another generation will say, "what have you done to us?...what were you thinking?"

All who have posted above are on the same page as I am---I think when they play at being a cop, enforcing their own rules, they are  vigilantes and anarchists and start to act just like those who shoot up schools and theatres, marching to the beat of their own drums, enforcing whatever it is in their own minds that is "the law", a law unto themselves and, in their minds, they are always right no matter what the outcome.  He still has no remorse for the taking of the kid's life, he still thinks he was right to do so.  He even thinks it was God's plan?---I wonder what god he worships.  My "God does not will that any soul should perish".

Nite, I think there is something to fate, but I also believe that we return here to change it for the better.  Fate might bring us together to solve a problem, but the outcome can be changed by us because we have free will to change it and this is the way we work out our individual karma on the skein of time.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:37 am

GREAT POST Terryrose, You just put my thoughts down completely.Do people really want things to go back to old western days when people were shot down in the streets for looking at someone the wrong way? There was a reason our ancesters changed the laws against everyone being able to carry a gun on thier person 24/7. Just the other day I was in the office of vital statistics and they were scraping the no guns sign off the doors, It made me look around at who was in there and and wonder if any of them had a gun on them. It was honestly scary....Now to figure out how to fix whats broke!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:18 pm

There is a background video playing when I come into this thread---I hear it but don't see it, complete with advertisement before the outrage of the verdict. It is rather annoying.

Thank you, Slys, I always go out on a limb because people will jump down my throat often for saying what I am observing. Thank you again, Slys.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:00 pm

That video is about 4 comments up........hit the pause button.  You should be able to see it.

I removed video and added link to Orlando Sentinel.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks, Nama.

I agree with every word you said, TR & Sly's. Wouldn't it have been nice if GZ had just offered to give Martin a ride home in the rain?

Some peeps that I know disagree and that's fine. Bottom line for me: this sends a CLEAR message in Florida (and possibly around the world) that a gun toting grown man w/a 9mm glock can ASSume a teenager is carrying a gun when in fact, said teen has a can of ice tea and skittles on his person. 'Gun toting grown man' CAN shoot to kill said teen w/ice tea and skittles and walk a free man. What if this was our son or daughter who was dead b/c of an assumption?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:41 pm

If this was one of our kids you know what we'd all be thinking and doing!!!!!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Thank you, nama, it is not happening now.

When I think of how many times I sent my teenagers years ago (before the proliferation of guns and changes in the gun laws happened) to the corner deli to buy some snacks......sigh..........
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty Rallies large and small follow Zimmerman verdict

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:28 pm

July 14, 2013

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 1373850601009-XXX-TRAYVON-MARCH-jmg-1342-1307142119_4_3
Jourdin Robinson, 12, of Detroit, joins others in Meridian Hill Park in Washington, D.C., to show support for Trayvon Martin.  Jack Gruber, USA TODAY

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 1373850601001-Trayvon-1-1307142113_4_3
People gather Sunday in Raleigh, N.C., to protest the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.  Travis Long, The News , Observer via AP
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 1373850601003-Trayvon-3-1307142114_3_4
People hold hands in a circle at a rally honoring Trayvon Martin at Union Square in Manhattan.  Mario Tama, Getty Images
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 1373850601004-Trayvon-4-1307142124_4_3
Lisa Archer, 24, of Atlanta, chants as she and others march in Atlanta the day after George Zimmerman was found not guilty.  David Goldman, AP

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Ap_Rally_ac_130714_16x9_992
Marchers gather together on Times Square, Sunday, July 14, 2013, in New York, for a protest against the acquittal of volunteer neighborhood watch member George Zimmerman in the 2012 killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla. (Craig Ruttle/AP Photo)

With chants and prayers, sermons and signs, outrage over a jury's decision to clear George Zimmerman in the shooting of an unarmed black teenager poured from street protests and church pulpits Sunday amid calls for federal civil rights charges to be filed in the case.
Demonstrations large and small broke out across the country — ranging from a few dozen to several hundred — in support of the family of Trayvon Martin as protesters decried the not guilty verdict as a miscarriage of justice.
The NAACP and protesters called for federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman, who was acquitted Saturday in Martin's February 2012 shooting death, which unleashed a national debate over racial profiling, self-defense and equal justice.
The Justice Department said it is looking into the case to determine whether federal prosecutors should file criminal civil rights charges now that Zimmerman has been acquitted in the state case. Meanwhile, President Barack Obama and religious and civil rights leaders urged call in hopes of ensuring peaceful demonstrations in the wake of a case that became an emotional flash point.

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 A9aa8ac78db49417370f6a7067007f83-1307142021_4_3
Protestors converge on Union Square on Sunday in New York.

At Manhattan's Middle Collegiate Church, many congregants wore hooded sweatshirts — the same thing Martin was wearing the night he was shot. Hoodie-clad Jessica Nacinovich said she could only feel disappointment and sadness over the verdict.
"I'm sure jurors did what they felt was right in accordance with the law but maybe the law is wrong, maybe society is wrong; there's a lot that needs fixing," she said.
The Rev. Jacqueline Lewis, wearing a pink hoodie, urged a peaceful but vocal response.
"We're going to raise our voices against the root causes of this kind of tragedy," she said, adding, "We'll aim our fight for justice against the ease with which people can get firearms in this country."
At a youth service in Sanford, Fla., where the trial was held, teens wearing shirts displaying Martin's picture wiped away tears during a sermon at the St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church.
About 200 people turned out for a rally and march in downtown Chicago, saying the verdict was symbolic of lingering racism in the United States. Seventy-three-year-old Maya Miller said the case reminded her of the 1955 slaying of Emmitt Till, a 14-year-old from Chicago who was murdered by a group of white men while visiting Mississippi. Till's killing galvanized the civil rights movement.

"Fifty-eight years and nothing's changed," Miller said, pausing to join a chant to "Justice for Trayvon, not one more."
Protesters also gathered in Miami, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C along with a host of other cities.
Hours after the verdict Saturday night, demonstrators gathered on U Street in Washington, D.C., chanting, "No justice, no peace." One protester carried a sign that read, "Stop criminalizing black men."
In Miami, more than 200 people gathered for a vigil. "You can't justify murder," read one poster. Another read "Don't worry about more riots. Worry about more Zimmermans."
Carol Reitner, 76, of Miami, said she heard about the vigil through an announcement at her church Sunday morning. "I was really devastated. It's really hard to believe that someone can take the life of someone else and walk out of court free," she said.

In Manhattan's Union Square, hundreds of people gathered to voice their passions over the verdict, hoisting placards with images of Martin.
Some tempered their anger, saying they didn't contest the jury's decision based on the legal issues involved.
But "while the verdict may be legal, a system that doesn't take into account what happened is a broken legal system," said Jennifer Lue, 24.
Civil rights leaders, including the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, urged peace in the wake of the verdict. Jackson said the legal system "failed justice," but violence isn't the answer.
But not all the protesters heeded those calls in the protests the broke out immediately after the verdict.
In Oakland, Calif., some angry demonstrators broke windows, burned U.S. flags and started street fires. Some marchers also vandalized a police squad car and used spray paint to scrawl anti-police graffiti on roads and Alameda County's Davidson courthouse. In Los Angeles, police said a crowd of about 100 protesters surrounded an officer and eventually had to be dispersed by officers firing beanbag rounds.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty Seven arrested as George Zimmerman verdict sparks outrage at New York protests

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:53 pm

July 14, 2013

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Local15n-13-web
New York City Public Advocate Bill de Blasio attends rally held at Union Square to protest the George Zimmerman verdict.

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Local15n-12-web
Councilman Jumaane Williams shares a photo from the Union Square rally and protest in honor of slained teen Trayvon Martin. 'I'm in #UnionSquare with hundreds of New Yorkers all seeking #justiceforTrayvon. We must end #profiling in America,' Williams messaged.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Local15n-11-web
The Harlem protesters express their outrage at the Zimmerman verdict.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Local15n-9-web
A rally protesting the Zimmerman verdict was held on the corner of 125th St. and Fredrick Douglass Blvd.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Usa-florida-shooting
KEITH BEDFORD/REUTERS
The acquittal of George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin led to protests in Harlem.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Local15n-5-web
Mark Panzarino, 41, draws a chalk outline during a rally held at Union Square to protest the George Zimmerman verdict.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Protest
Protesters block traffic on East 14th street and Broadway.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Protest
Several hundred protesters block traffic on Broadway.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Article-local2-0714
Trayvon Martin supporters rally in Times Square blocking traffic after marching from a rally for Martin in Union Square in Manhattan on July 14.
Several thousand protesters block traffic on East 23 at 3rd Ave.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Article-local-0714
Outraged Trayvon Martin supporters block traffic in Times Square to express anger that George Zimmerman was acquitted of all charges in the shooting death of Martin.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:59 pm

It has become very plain to see that this is not just about a black kid, the injustice of it rips across the land to both black and white people alike. Doesn't it look like the protestors are evenly divided as black and white people? Same here, I am white, and injustice is injustice no matter what color of skin we are wearing.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:04 am

Equality... and that is why I posted the pictures.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:12 am

I meant to post this earlier but you're right, it's not just black people, there's lots of white people and that's what it's about people, injustice, equality.......
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 am

"YES" TerryRose and Raine,
I'm not sure what I was expecting when I went searching for articles on the protests, but I must say that I was surprised by what I found. 
I knew y'all would see the same thing I did.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty Freedom may still be limited after George Zimmerman acquittal

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 am

Posted: 7:14 a.m. Monday, July 15, 2013

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 9278826809_f9164e8685_b
Zimmerman after verdict

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 7ccd8d46-ec2a-11e2-bbdd-0015171915d0
Raw: George Zimmerman found not guilty
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 ZimmermanNotGuilty_1
Photos: Courtroom reactions to verdict
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 7c3b5386-ecac-11e2-a525-0015173e0b6e
Raw: Mark O'Mara discusses verdict on 'Central Florida Spotlight'
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 B1e931f6-ec48-11e2-a525-0015173e0b6e
Raw: Prosecutors react to Zimmerman verdict
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 1
Photos: Onlookers, demonstrators react after Zimmerman found 'not guilty'
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Eb656186-ed4a-11e2-bbdd-0015171915d0

George Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told Eyewitness News his client "still has to live in hiding" despite being acquitted of second-degree murder Saturday night. (He can go join TLMS )
Zimmerman emerged from theSeminole County courthouse a free man late Saturday night, cleared of all charges in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
Speaking live on WFTV's 'Central Florida Spotlight' on Sunday, O'Mara said it will take time for Zimmerman to adjust to life as a free man.
"We are right now after a 16-month traumatic event for my client, so he gets a little time to relax," O'Mara said.
Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, had been living "like a hermit" since the shooting and weren't working because they feared for their safety, O'Mara said before the trial.
"He feels much better having this behind him. He just doesn't know what his future holds and how he's going to deal with that,'" O'Mara said.
With many critics angry over his acquittal, Zimmerman's freedom will likely be limited.  Protests and rallies were planned around the country on Sunday, a day after the verdict was handed down.

Martin family attorney, Benjamin Crump, said Sunday that the family is not ruling out the possibility of filing a civil lawsuit against Zimmerman.
"They're going to certainly look at that as an option. They deeply want a sense of justice. They deeply don't want their son's death to be in vain," Crump said.
Minutes after the verdict was read, Tracy Martin sent out several Tweets.
One said, "Even though I am broken-hearted my faith is unshattered. I will always love my baby Tray. Thanks to everyone who are with us and who will be with us. We together can make sure that this doesn't happen again."
Crump acknowledged the disappointment of Trayvon Martin's supporters, ranking the teen alongside civil rights heroes Medgar Evers and Emmett Till in the history of the fight for equal justice. However, Crump said, "for Trayvon to rest in peace, we must all be peaceful."
Demonstrators upset with the verdict protested mostly peacefully in Florida, Milwaukee and Atlanta overnight, but some broke windows and vandalized a police squad car in Oakland during protests in four California cities, authorities said.
"He's going to be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life," Robert Zimmerman Jr. said during an interview on CNN.
Martin's killing in February 2012 unleashed debate across the U.S. over racial profiling, self-defense and equal justice. Protesters across the country lashed out against police in the Orlando suburb of Sanford as it took 44 days for Zimmerman to be arrested. Many, including Martin's parents, said Zimmerman had racially profiled the unarmed black teen. Zimmerman identifies himself as Hispanic.
Six anonymous female jurors -- all but one of them white -- considered nearly three weeks of often wildly conflicting testimony over who was the aggressor on the rainy night the 17-year-old was shot while walking through the gated townhouse community where he was staying and where Zimmerman lived.
Jurors deliberated more than 15 hours over two days before announcing late Saturday night that they had reached a verdict.

After Saturday's verdict, police, officials and civil rights leaders urged peace and told protesters not to resort to violence. While defense attorneys said they were thrilled with the outcome, O'Mara suggested Zimmerman's safety would be an ongoing concern.
"There still is a fringe element that wants revenge," O'Mara said. "They won't listen to a verdict of not guilty."
Andrew Perkins, 55, a black resident of Sanford, angrily asked outside the courthouse: "How the hell did they find him not guilty?"
"He killed somebody and got away with murder," Perkins shouted, so angry he shook, looking toward the courthouse.
Trayvon Martin's brother, Jahvaris Fulton, said on Twitter: "Et tu America?" -- a reference to the Latin phrase "Et tu, Brute?" known as an expression of betrayal.
Martin's family has maintained the teen was not the aggressor, and prosecutors suggested Martin was scared because he was being followed by a stranger. Defense attorneys, however, said Martin knocked Zimmerman down and was slamming the older man's head against the concrete sidewalk when Zimmerman fired his gun.
During the trial, prosecutors called Zimmerman a liar and portrayed him as a "wannabe cop" vigilante who had grown frustrated by break-ins in his neighborhood committed primarily by young black men. Zimmerman assumed Martin was up to no good and took the law into his own hands, prosecutors said.
State Attorney Angela Corey said after the verdict that she believed second-degree murder was the appropriate charge because Zimmerman's mindset "fit the bill of second-degree murder."
"We charged what we believed we could prove," Corey said.
Zimmerman also had some supporters outside the courthouse, including Cindy Lenzen, 50, of Casslebury, and her brother, 52-year-old Chris Bay, who stood watching others chant slogans such as, "the whole system's guilty."

Lenzen and Bay -- who are white -- called the entire case "a tragedy," especially for Zimmerman.

"It's a tragedy that he's going to suffer for the rest of his life," Bay said. "No one wins either way. This is going to be a recurring nightmare in his mind every night."
Despite the racially charged nature of the case, race was barely mentioned at the trial.
"This case has never been about race or the right to bear arms," Corey said. "We believe this case all along was about boundaries, and George Zimmerman exceeded those boundaries."
One of the few mentions of race came from witness Rachel Jeantel, the Miami teen who was talking to Martin by phone moments before he was shot. She testified that he described being followed by a "creepy-ass cracker" as he walked through the neighborhood.
Jeantel gave some of the trial's most riveting testimony. She said she overheard Martin demand, "What are you following me for?" and then yell, "Get off! Get off!" before his cellphone went dead.
The jurors had to sort out clashing testimony from 56 witnesses in all, including police, neighbors, friends and family members.
O'Mara said Sunday that at some point, the public will hear from George Zimmerman himself.
"On his terms, at his time, when he's ready, absolutely he'll talk," O'Mara said.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 am

Tonight at 10 p.m ET on a special edition of HLN After Dark, Vinnie Politan is one-on-one with the Zimmerman prosecution team to try to find out what happened. HLN has been all over this case, and nothing is off-limits in this prime time interview.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty George Zimmerman Juror B37 Hates Media, Called Trayvon ‘A Boy of Color’

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:51 pm

You can ask anyone who's been published. One does not get rich from writing a book.
Only people like Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Tom Clancy make money from their writings and that's only because they have published in great quantity over periods of years.
One shot wonders are lucky to break even. JMHO

This person is trying to catch the Zimmerman/Martin money train, but they are at the wrong Depot.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for the heads up in your signature, nite, that way I know, if Brain eating zombies start chasing us, I will try to trip you first.  LOL, I wonder how long I have ignored that on your posts, lol.

Writing books is not what it used to be.  In this generation, nobody much reads books, newspapers, etc. anymore.  The only hope of making money on writing now is if it is trendy enough to make a movie out of it.  This is probably why Rowling, King, et al made money at it---they made movies out of the books they wrote.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty July 15 ~ CNN ~ Piers Morgan Show

Post by Nama Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:33 pm

The guest will be Rachel Jenteal.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:48 pm

TerryRose it's been there a month maybe?
Don't feel bad others besides you didn't notice it right away either.
I added it for laughs... it seems to be working. LOL!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:34 pm

One of the six jurors who acquitted George Zimmerman in his second-degree murder trial is speaking exclusively to CNN's Anderson Cooper.
I just learned of this, it's on now here in CA and will be on again at 7 CA time.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty and so the violence begins...

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 am

July 16, 2013, 12:08 a.m.

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 600

Los Angeles officials late Monday night commended police in their response to violence following a protest of the George Zimmerman verdict and vowed to crack down on similar actions beginning Tuesday.
About 350 Los Angeles Police Department officers swarmed the Crenshaw district after groups of youths broke away from a peaceful protest in Leimert Park and stomped on cars, broke windows, set fires and attacked several people. Among those attacked were a television reporter and his cameraman, according to law enforcement authorities.
Late Monday, at least 13 people were arrested on suspicion of committing various offenses, the LAPD said. Reporter Dave Bryan and his cameraman, both of whom work for Channels 2 and 9, were attacked and one of them was taken to a hospital with a possible concussion, Lt. Andy Neiman told The Times. 
Police estimated that about 150 people took part in the violence after the peaceful vigil at Leimert Park following the acquittal of Zimmerman, 29, on Saturday in Florida on second-degree murder and manslaughter in the  shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year.
At a late-night news conference, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti blamed the violence on a "a small group [that] has taken advantage of this situation."
He said that protesters have the right to voice their disagreement with the verdict. "But people also deserve to be safe on the streets and in their cars."
LAPD Chief Charlie Beck put the public on notice that officers would be taking a more aggressive posture toward protesters beginning Tuesday. "This will not be allowed to continue," Beck said.
Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, who represents the area, said the LAPD has made significant strides in improving community relations since the deadly 1992 riots in South Los Angeles and other parts of the city following the verdict in the trial of the LAPD officers charged with beating Rodney King.
The LAPD, he said, "has taken a posture of respecting the constitutional rights of those who choose" to peacefully protest.
Ridley-Thomas said the violence that erupted Monday "does not advance the cause of Trayvon Martin or his memory." 
Late Monday night, a number of streets in the area had been cleared. The LAPD declared an unlawful assembly shortly before 10 p.m.
The chaos created a nightmare for area commuters as cars were trapped around Leimert Park and bus service was cancelled on Crenshaw and Martin Luther King Jr. boulevards, Metro said. 
Earlier Monday, several protesters made their way into a Wal-Mart on Crenshaw Boulevard as guards scrambled to close security gates. A short time later, Los Angeles Police Department officers wearing helmets and carrying batons swarmed the store as others marched through the parking lot.
In Oakland, hundreds of protesters stormed Interstate 880 near downtown Monday evening and blocked traffic in southbound and northbound lanes. The protesters were cleared from the freeway and made their way downtown, authorities said.
By late Monday night, multiple arrests had been made in the downtown area as officers from neighboring jurisdictions responded to the chaos, the Oakland Police Department said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-zimmerman-verdict-city-leaders-urge-calm-20130715,0,1546139.story
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty And here's more! Trayvon Martin rally: Crenshaw District crowds unruly

Post by raine1953 Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:26 am

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A protest over the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin led to arrests in Los Angeles Monday night.

A "prayer rally" began at Leimert Park as scheduled at 6 p.m., organized by Project Islamic H.O.P.E.
more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:29 am

I am so sick of this crap. Living in L.A. all my life this is such typical behavior. BUT, this was a break off group, most of the people were older, much wiser and were not violent. This was a group of young people and they sure don't do anything for *their cause*, personally I think it's just an excuse to run amok. I saw one woman running holding a child's hand, he looked like he was about eight. What a role model that female was.
I've had my say.
All MOO of course.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:26 am

Apparantly, this is also happening. I do NOT condone this but am not sure what the DOJ really thinks..some are actually blaming the POTUS..saying he is taking no action.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty In an exclusive interview on AC360, Juror B47 talked to Anderson Cooper about why the jury decided to acquit George Zimmerman

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty Analysis: Zimmerman Might Have Been Found Guilty in Ohio

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:59 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 Empty Stevie Wonder Boycotts Florida Over Stand Your Ground Laws, Zimmerman Verdict

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:48 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:21 am

NiteSpinR wrote:You can ask anyone who's been published. One does not get rich from writing a book.
Only people like Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Tom Clancy make money from their writings and that's only because they have published in great quantity over periods of years.
One shot wonders are lucky to break even. JMHO

This person is trying to catch the Zimmerman/Martin money train, but they are at the wrong Depot.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 pm

I do not think that Travon Martin was a sweet innocent teenager at all. I wonder what all of you would do if you had someone on top of you beating your head against the pavement. I hope you are never in that situation. It was an unfortunate incident that happened, but I believe that Zimmerman was just protecting himself. This comes from someone who has had two attempted break-ins at my home with me inside my home. I was lucky in both cases, but I still have to wonder what could have happened to me. The last time two men had a U-haul truck, one at my front door and one looking in the back of my house. No, the police never get there in time. Luckily a neighbor saw them and was on his way over to talk to them. These men did this with 3 cars in the driveway across the street from me. I have been told both times by LE to do the concealed carry course. I know what some of you think about that, as I have read your comments. You just might change your mind if these incidents were to happen to you. I am also going to take the self protection courses that are being held in my township. There is a need today with all of the crime that takes place today. Zimmerman was just trying to protect his community that he lived in, since there had been a lot of crime there also.

This case reminded me of another incident that happened to us back in 1968. There had been a racial incident in Cincinnati and the blacks were rioting and protesting big time. We were on our way home from visiting DH's Aunt, 90 miles away from the original incident, when we were forced to stop because of all of the black people in the street, blocking us from continuing on. My husband told me to get the door locked and the window rolled up. Before he could do the same thing, a black male ripped his car door open. Luckily my husband thought quickly and just stepped on the gas and got out of there. I have no doubt that someone might have been hit by our car door that was swing back and forth, he never had a chance to lock his door. I so vividly remember our car door swing back and forth until we could get far enough away from that scene. Their intent was to pull my white husband out of the car and beat him severely in front of his wife in retaliation for what had happened in Cincinnati. I know this was the intent because it was all over the news at the time and that was what they were doing here and elsewhere. This was the in the days when we had journalists that would report the news as it was, you got the truth then. A lot different from the liberal MSM today that only gives you what they want you to know. So the protests that are going on now do not surprise me at all.

These incidents are not right at all. They make me sick, just like you Raine.

Again, these are reasons that people feel a need to protect themselves and everyone of you would also, if something like this happened to you.

This article explains what innocent Travon might have been doing with his soda and his Skittles. I am posting it because you will not see this in the liberal MSM today. Sad, but it is the truth.
You will have to click on a link to read the rest of the article and then click on the blue lettering in the article to read more. I had no idea that you could this with these ingredients. Bet you did not either. Makes me wonder how many other teenagers are doing the same thing when they don't have the money for drugs. We just never know what is waiting for us. I really wish that I still had the article that had a lot of the messages between Travon and that girl, Jantel?sp. I think you would not think so highly of him after reading those either. His mother had kicked him out of the house, she did not want him living with her because of all of the trouble he was getting into.

I am sure I will be blasted for my posting my views.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:06 pm

agreed Thanks for posting, praying for faith. I was afraid to express similar views on here because most posts so far have been very one-sided.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm

I clicked on that last link, but it is AT&T.net, and an ad for Capital one, I cannot see any article there to click on. I am very interested to know what exactly you say one can do with an iced tea and a bag of skittles?
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Among its reports, Trayvon Martin’s drug use, explaining how the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink he carried that night are ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan (DXM) cough syrup, create “Lean”, a concocted high which can cause psychosis and aggression over the longer term. According to the autopsy report, Martin’s liver showed damage consistent with DXM abuse.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 7 130715leandrugrecipe

Google search these words:  trayvon watermelon skittles 
you will see about 61,300 results
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:23 pm

I did not see liver damage on what I just read and skimmed through.  In fact, the cause of death is gunshot to the chest, the next 2 lines for listing other significant conditions are left blank.  The only thing I spotted was global edema which was on the examination of the brain and I do not understand what that means or if that is what happens when a body is dead, I don't know.  Otherwise, this dead kid seems to have been healthier than most of us in the population and should have been expected to lead a long, healthy life.

Otherwise, all I can say is people have been bending over backwards to say race and racial profiling was not an issue in this case, but, from a few posts here, I have begun to wonder if it wasn't actually running in the background while this happened to this kid.  

I can remember also the riots in the 1960s.  I think I was about 19 years old and never really knew what set them off.  But, in our area we had the "Hough Riots", a black neighborhood in which they were rioting and burning down their own neighborhood.  They called in the National Guard to control the situation, my co-worker's fiancé had to go there.  I do not remember any talk of gunfire, maybe because most of this city had very few guns back then.  But my friend's fiancé came home from it unscathed, his only fear having been to strip right inside the doorway and burn his clothes immediately because he didn't want to bring home cockroaches.

Now you have me thinking:  before we had so many guns around, there seemed to be so little gun violence that you ever heard of back then, and anybody I can think of that got robbed, assaulted in some way or an assault was attempted upon them, anyone I knew or myself personally who had been hurt by someone else in some way, it was always a white male who did this.   Hmmmmm, you got me thinking about this racial profiling thing all over again.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 pm

[quote="Praying For Faith"]  

These incidents are not right at all.  They make me sick, just like you Raine.
BBB - ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO When I read the above the first time I thought you said these incidents are not right and they make me sick just like you Raine!!! I thought, 'what did I do?'  ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO But I recovered and understood! Now I cannot quit laughing!
You bring up some good points PFF - I cannot comment right now, I'm going to see my grandkids, haven't seen them in two weeks as last week them had the flu. I just keep my fingers crossed they do not wake up in the morning sick, I cannot get sick, I get pneumonia every time!

[quote]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Another interesting article, that I never saw or heard about in our MSM.

Thanks Nite. You found the exact article that I meant to post. Someone sent it to me. I am not sure what happened to make me give the link that I originally posted above. Sorry about that. ATT has changed how their email accounts are presented and so far I am not real happy with it. I never thought to google those words to find all of the articles out there. I found the above article doing what Nite said to Google. There are many articles out there to read, WOW. I have only read one so far.

I wish that I could find the article that had the messages that went back and forth with Travon and another person on another date. I am not sure who it was with out looking at it again. I was quite shocked at what I was reading. I remember bookmarking it so I could finish reading it. It might have been on my laptop that the Mother Board finally died.

Thanks again Nite, you are very good at this.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:35 pm

One comment about the above link:  Never went there before but they appear to be the far right conservative group that also hates Obama.  That said, I read the article about this teen's alleged trouble in school for which he was not suspended as somebody without authority alleges that he should have been.  Granted, many teens experiment with drugs, many are caught with things they shouldn't have brought to school, granted that Martin himself may have experimented with weed and other things, but why has this article about the trial turned into a prosecution of the kid who is the VICTIM and is dead and cannot defend himself against charges made in the media?  Furthermore, I just heard it said this afternoon that Zimmerman's lawyers immediately started releasing all the dirt they could possibly find about Martin to the public when they first got hired to defend Zimmerman, thus hoping to taint the jury pool before members of the public were selected as jurors.  I also heard it said that, what could not be brought up in this trial, could be brought up in a civil case, and that was 2 or more wrongs that Zimmerman has committed previously:  one was domestic violence, and I cannot recall the other, one was settled, the other was dismissed, so Zimmerman is not the epitome of a good citizen either.  But these websites, what is with them?---why seek to defame a murdered victim?
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next