Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony in Court Friday at 9:30 am/ WESH.com will livestream the hearing/ Cindy & George to testify

+8
adelacruz
Juanita
Nama
janie
Wrapitup
lisette
CritterFan1
artgal16
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Casey Anthony in Court Friday at 9:30 am/ WESH.com will livestream the hearing/ Cindy & George to testify - Page 3 Empty Re: Casey Anthony in Court Friday at 9:30 am/ WESH.com will livestream the hearing/ Cindy & George to testify

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:33 pm

there was never any evidence duct tape had been over her eyes ??or just the mouth and nose??? I used to hope she covered her eyes with a scarf or something. Cherylz, you sure are giving the monster credit for calling her a human being.....she is a sorry excuse for an person, that is for sure.

CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony in Court Friday at 9:30 am/ WESH.com will livestream the hearing/ Cindy & George to testify - Page 3 Empty Re: Casey Anthony in Court Friday at 9:30 am/ WESH.com will livestream the hearing/ Cindy & George to testify

Post by cherylz Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:48 pm

No, Critter it only covered her mouth and nose. Actually, she is a sorry excuse for an "element" taking up space in this world!
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony in Court Friday at 9:30 am/ WESH.com will livestream the hearing/ Cindy & George to testify - Page 3 Empty Casey Anthony's lawyer argues against death penalty for client

Post by Nama Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A year after the remains of a Florida toddler were discovered, a lawyer for the slain child’s mother asked a judge Friday to stop prosecutors from seeking the death penalty against her.

Lawyer Andrea Lyon told Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland that the “real reason” prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Casey Anthony is because they want to “get as biased a jury as they possibly can.”

Lyon said a jury that is qualified to serve in a death penalty case is more likely to convict defendants.

But prosecutor Jeff Ashton told the court that the state is not seeking the death penalty; rather, the jury and judge will decide whether it is appropriate.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

The toddler’s skeletal remains were discovered December 11, 2008, six months after she disappeared. The remains were bagged and partially buried in a swampy, vacant lot, and duct tape covered the child’s mouth.

Police released documents this year showing they believed that Caylee was slain within days of the time she was last seen and that her body was in the trunk of her mother’s car for “a period of time.”

Authorities have said that the cause of Caylee’s death is homicide by undetermined means.

In her argument, the defense attorney noted the toddler’s undetermined manner of death, saying that the death penalty infringes on Anthony’s constitutional rights.

“They cannot be seeking the death penalty in good faith because there is insufficient evidence … to establish first-degree murder,” she argued.

Anthony cried when Lyon said the young mother had loved her daughter.

Ashton said the death penalty question is not for the prosecution to answer. “Everyone who is indicted by a grand jury in the state of Florida for the crime of first-degree murder is eligible for the death penalty,” he said.

“The decision by the prosecutor is simply, should a jury, and ultimately, a judge, be allowed to make this decision?”

He added, “At no time does the prosecutor decide that death is the punishment for this crime.”

Earlier Friday, Anthony’s lawyer also urged the judge to prohibit jail officials from videotaping sessions between her and her client, as well as visits from Anthony’s friends and family.

She said that she has been told that the videos are for security and that the sound is disabled, but said that she and her client have the “feeling that perhaps we’re being listened to.”

Anthony’s parents also appeared in the courtroom for Friday’s hearing. In a May interview on CNN’s “Larry King Live,” George and Cindy Anthony said they believed their daughter was innocent.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Cindy, George and Casey
Embedding is disabled by request on this video.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Attorneys Jose Baez, left, and Andrea Lyon, right, talk with their client Casey Anthony during a court hearing in Orlando, Fla. on Friday, December 11, 2009. Anthony is charged in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie Anthony in 2008. Exactly one year after Caylee Marie Anthony's remains were found, defense lawyers argued why a judge should prohibit prosecutors from seeking the death penalty against the toddler's mother.

A Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter sobbed in court Friday as a prosecutor speculated aloud that the toddler was methodically drugged and suffocated with tape.

Casey Anthony cried as prosecutor Jeff Ashton suggested that Caylee Anthony's killer restrained her arms, dosed her with something that knocked her unconscious and put duct tape over her mouth and nose.

Ashton offered the scenario when explaining why he believes the case would qualify for the death penalty.

"Her killer would prepare some substance in advance that would render her physically unable to resist," said Ashton during the pretrial hearing. "If the killer looked at her face, maybe the killer saw her eyes ... First one piece (of tape), then two, then three so that no breath was possible."

The cause of Caylee's death remains unknown, but duct tape was found on the body.

Ashton offered the scenario in response to a defense request to bar prosecutors from seeking the death penalty.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland said he would rule later.

Because the cause of death is still unknown, prosecutors are unable to prove that she suffered a heinous, cruel or atrocious death, which is the standard under Florida law for seeking the death penalty, said Andrea Lyon, one of Anthony's attorneys.

"The real reason the state has asked for the death penalty is because they wish to get as biased a jury as they possibly can," Lyon said. "It has the effect of coercing pleas in cases where that may in fact not be appropriate."

Anthony's attorneys contend that jurors in death-penalty cases, who are screened to eliminate those with moral objections to capital punishment, are more likely to convict defendants. The defense also says the threat of the death penalty could be used to coerce Anthony into making a plea agreement.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty and her trial is expected to start next year.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 pm

the entire time she cried i felt so horrible...but only for caylee. Her mother took her life and will live with it for the rest of hers, no matter how short or long that may be. She SHOULD feel guilty, she should think about her daughter looking at her, the one person she trusted most to keep her safe the woman she had been inside of for 9 months and known her entire life as 'mommy', knowing her daughter knew that 'mommy' was hurting her. That she was being punished for something she wasnt even sure of doing.

a part of me wants her to live her life out in prison, reliving that day the rest of her life, instead of having a nice and quick injection to end her life and misery.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Me too, Sassy. To me there would be no worse punishment than to have to get out of bed every day and have nowhere to go, nothing to do. Loneliness kills. Too bad she couldn't be kept in protective custody the entire time. Nobody to talk to except herself. Nothing but time on her hands to think of the life that could have been. Caylee would have been entering kindergarten next year...imagine momster would have had all day to herself. But no, she couldn't wait. Caylee should be coming home from preschool today excitedly telling stories of Christmas, but no, monster took care of that. I am so angry. Death is too good for that thing.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:27 pm

over reaction
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:50 pm

WOW look at her crying. now THAT my friend is real tears! so as for the reasons she is crying, i can only guess, but the fact of the matter is, casey is in the hot seat and her daughter was murdered and she may get the death penalty and shes been in jail over a year. FINALLY casey, FINALLY you get it!
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 pm

I did not hear her crying out. You know, like completely wailing. I still don't think all of that was real. I think Bozo told her to really play it up..he knew the State was going to be brutal.

If that had been me, I would have been outright wailing. I would not have put my head down and leaned toward Lyon's, I would have been in her lap wailing like my 3-1/2 year old grandson when he is overtired.

I do NOT buy the boo hoo hoo. Sorry. That to me was NOT crying. And the dabbing of the eyes drives me nuts.

Also, I had stated earlier that I thought Casey put the duct tape on after death to make it look like a kidnapping. I wonder if the forensic people can tell when the tape was put on.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Wrap, per Dr G the ME...she said it was put on b4 decomposition began.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by babyep Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Wrap, my hubby saw Bozo say something in KC's ear and then she starts crying and he said how much you want to bet that he told KC to cry? I was like I can see him whispering that in her ear.
The dabbing of the eyes drives me nuts too. Is she afraid to smear her mascara?
babyep
babyep

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Lyons said there should be no DP because we dont know how Caylee died - well, she didnt kill herself, and it wasnt an accident because you cannot prove it was an accident, however, you can prove that it was murder because of the placement of the duct tape over the skull areas matching the nose and mouth. Anyone whether child or adult having their nasal passage and mouth taped shut could not breathe which would result in death. I think this one piece of evidence makes it premeditated murder. Again, they cannot prove that it was placed there after death, but a jury can buy what we can prove, that the duct tape existed and did cover those areas which would result in death.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:46 pm

the cause of death is murder.. the manner of death is undetermined means. (i can never get these straight)

what this means is, the duct tape indicates deliberately hurting the child, but they cannot prove that caylee actually died of suffocation, so inconclusive.

unfortunately, having several possible manners of death that are consistent with murder are not good enough. like you said, the duct tape (murder) narrows it all down.

so i understand what the law is saying. basically if you cannot nail down the manner of death, how she was murdered the DP cannot be nailed down.

i think you said that artgal, im just trying to say it again, but probably i made it more confusing.
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:53 pm

i found the entire set of videos thanks to this website, so give them some traffic y'all