Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

+19
Lilone
lorrie89
charminglane
Turtle
raine1953
concerned4all
Love4My5boys
mommyof3kids
misshesitation
adelacruz
NiteSpinR
CritterFan1
jeanne1807
artgal16
TerryRose
Nama
cherylz
Wrapitup
lisette
23 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Kyron Horman: Landscaper says he acted on lead from stepmom, but got no response

Post by Nama Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Kyron Horman: Landscaper says he acted on lead from stepmom, but got no response (hear audio)

Over the weekend, news broke that the stepmother of Kyron Horman had allegedly attempted to hire a landscaper to kill the missing Oregon boy’s father. On Monday, another landscaper called radio station KXL saying he followed up on a third-party lead regarding lawn services, but got no response.

Zach of All-American Cleaning and Landscape said he called and emailed Terri Horman in April and May when he was notified by Service Magic that she was looking for a “yard clean-up on a medium-sized yard.”

After revelations that she may have been searching for a hit man, Zach told radio show host Lars Larson that he believes she likely didn't contact him because he didn't fit the profile of the type of landscaper she was looking for.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m7d6-Kyron-Horman-Landscaper-says-he-acted-on-lead-from-stepmom-but-got-no-response-hear-interview

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Re: Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

Post by artgal16 Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:46 pm

I saw that picture on MD's blog - and I was shocked -they are saying that the person kneeling is Kaine Horman - I tried to compare features and Im not sure. Again I marvel
at how, through certain cases, we enter the worlds of people and families that can be so unsettling and downright weird, especially when there are children involved.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Re: Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Artgirl they have the same pictures on Blink. That is what I said I was not bringing over.

What is that picture gallery anyway. Is that a way people save pictures? Were all of those pictures Terri's?

I too could not tell if it was Kaine. He looks completely different once he smiles with his gums and teeth showing than he does with his mouth closed.

This internet world still confuses me.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Well, well, well! MD takes pics down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Quick statement about the pictures – a retraction

http://marinadedave.com/

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Landscaper wore wire, asked Terri Horman for $10,000 in murder-for-hire plot, sources say

Post by Nama Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:33 am

This time, he wore a body wire and was accompanied by an undercover officer. On the recorded conversation, he sought $10,000 from her, saying otherwise he would go to police with the murder-for-hire plot, sources said.

Terri Horman apparently cut off the conversation fairly quickly, sources said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_wore_wire_asked_ter.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:25 pm

DA: Sealing Restraining Order No Longer Needed
POSTED: 10:40 am PDT July 7, 2010
UPDATED: 11:13 am PDT July 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Multnomah County's district attorney said in a letter Wednesday that unsealing a restraining order filed by Kaine Horman will no longer undermine the sheriff's criminal investigation.
Norm Frink, the county's chief deputy district attorney, cited media coverage over the past weekend as the reason the restraining order no longer needed to be sealed.
Allegations of a murder-for-hire plot involving Terri Horman and Kaine Horman surfaced Sunday. A landscaper told Multnomah County detectives that Terri Horman offered him money several months ago to kill her husband, according to sources close to FOX 12.
Sources said Terri Horman, the landscaper and an undercover officer met, but she shut down the conversation.
Upon learning of the allegations involving his wife, Kaine Horman took his 19-month-old daughter and moved out of the couple's home, sources said. He filed for divorce and for a restraining order against Terri Horman on June 28.
The earliest the restraining order may be unsealed is Thursday, but it is up to Judge Keith Meisenheimer on whether any action will be taken.
Deputies have said Terri Horman was the last person to see missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman when he disappeared from school June 4. Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, has pleaded with Terri Horman to cooperate with investigators.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24171293/detail.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Deseree seems to be getting towards the very end of her rope. I don't think it is going to do her any good. Her best friend and step mother to her little guy is holding all the cards and I don't think she is going to fold anytime soon.

Take a breath Jeanne.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Can you imagine how hard it is for Kaine and Desiree (and Tony, too) to show restraint toward Terri?..I'm sure they want to go over there and beat her silly to get the info she has about Kyron...I would, and I'm not sure that anybody could stop me without physically holding me back...How frustrating it must be to know that she is being deceptive and won't come clean with what she knows over reaction
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Lisette the only card they are holding is the baby. If Terri is any kind of mother at all she could crack to get to her baby.

Smart move on LE's part now that I think of it.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 pm

You may be right, Jeanne, but I don't know if even keeping Kiara away from her will cause her to crack...She can't have much empathy for her daughter's feelings or she wouldn't have taken Kyron away from her
(I may be eating these words if she is found to be innocent of wrongdoing)...If she was able to hire someone to kill Kaine and if she did indeed harm Kyron, she has no depth of feeling for anyone except herself...Hence, trying to get to her through Kiara will fail..JMO
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:31 pm

More details about the 911 calls and when Kaine left with Kiara:

PORTLAND, Ore. - Terri Moulton Horman, the stepmother of missing Kyron Horman, made three 9-1-1 calls the day her husband took their daughter and left their home, sources said Wednesday.

Two of the calls were made in the early evening and then another late at night on Saturday, June 26, according to the sources.

One source said the first call made by Terri came in as a Priority Three call at 5:18 p.m. and was about someone in a truck threatening her.

Moments later Terri made the second call and said a man wanted $10,000. But there was no explanation given for why he wanted it.

The calls were made on the same day a landscaper (who was wearing a wire) and an undercover detective went to Terri’s home to speak with her about her alleged attempt to hire the landscaper to kill her husband, Kaine Horman.

The third call came in at 11:39 p.m. and was about a child custody issue. A source said Terri reported that Kaine packed up and took their 19-month-old daughter at 1:30 in the afternoon.

An officer found no parental rights problem and forwarded the call to those investigating the disappearance of Kyron.

Two days after Kaine moved out and took the couple’s daughter he filed for divorce and got a restraining order against Terri. Judge Keith Meisenheimer sealed the restraining order because he said allowing it to be made public could put the investigation into the disappearance of Kyron in jeopardy.

But on Wednesday prosecutor Norman Frink wrote Meisenheimer a letter withdrawing his opposition to the unsealing of Kaine’s restraining order against Terri.

In the letter Frink writes: “Given the media coverage over the past long weekend, the Multnomah County Major Crimes Team could no longer stand by its assertion in my affidavit of July 2 that unsealing the sealed matters before you would undermine our on-going criminal investigation. I express no opinion on any position Terri Horman might have in the matter."

As of Wednesday evening the document remained sealed. News organizations, including KATU News, have asked the judge to make the restraining order public.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97989739.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Multnomah County D.A. no longer opposes unsealing documents filed against Terri Moulton Horman

Post by Nama Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 am

The Multnomah County District Attorney's Office no longer opposes unsealing a divorce petition and restraining order filed by missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman's father against his wife.

As reported in The Oregonian Sunday, Kaine Horman filed the documents June 28 after learning of allegations that Terri Moulton Horman had attempted to hire a landscaper to murder him six to seven months earlier. The restraining order was granted.

At the request of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, the contents of the documents were sealed. The Oregonian and other media asked a county judge last week to release the documents. At the time, the district attorney's office argued that their unsealing could harm the sheriff's investigation into Kyron Horman's disappearance.

But in a letter sent Tuesday to Judge Keith Meisenheimer, Chief Deputy District Attorney Norm Frink wrote that given Sunday's report, the sheriff's office could no longer make that argument.

Meisenheimer had planned to review whether to unseal the documents as early as Thursday, Frink wrote.

Frink added that he expressed "no opinion on any position Terri Horman might have in the matter."

Here is the text of Frink's letter:

Your Honor:

This confirms my discussion with you earlier this evening. After speaking with Mr. Bosworth and Ms. Rackner, I called you and informed you that, given the media coverage over the past long weekend, the Multnomah County Major Crimes Team could no longer stand by its assertion in my affidavit of July 2 that unsealing the sealed matters before you would undermine our on-going criminal investigation. I express no opinion on any position Terri Horman might have in the matter.

You told me of your intent to decide what further action was warranted after you reviewed the sealed documents when your court was open again on Thursday, July 8

Yours very truly,

Norman W. Frink
Chief Deputy District Attorney
Multnomah County, Oregon

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/multnomah_county_da_no_longer.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Terri Horman made multiple 9-1-1 calls on day her husband moved out

Post by Nama Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:09 am

Terri Horman, the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, made three 9-1-1 calls on the night of June 26, two days before Kyron Horman's father Kaine Horman filed for divorce and received a restraining order against her, according to Portland Police.

A source tells KATU the first call Terri Horman made came in as a priority three, and was about someone in a truck threatening her. The second call came moments later, also priority three, saying the man wanted $10,000, but there was no explanation given for why he wanted it. In the third call, Terri Horman told dispatchers that Kaine Horman had packed up and left with their 19-month-old daughter Ciara.

http://kdrv.com/news/local/180629
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:31 am

I'm sorry Jeanne (I know you have been a supporter of Terri Horman all along), but this woman (Terri) has some major issues! Up until I heard about the plot to have her husband murdered, I was willing to believe that she may be innocent in Kyron's disappearance. But... now I have serious doubts about her innocence!

Why in the world would she be trying to have her husband killed - did he have a life insurance policy? And as for little Kyron, I heard NG say Terri was supposed to drive him a long distance to visit his mother the day he disappeared. Could that have been a motive for getting rid of him?

thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:37 am

lisette wrote:Can you imagine how hard it is for Kaine and Desiree (and Tony, too) to show restraint toward Terri?..I'm sure they want to go over there and beat her silly to get the info she has about Kyron...I would, and I'm not sure that anybody could stop me without physically holding me back...How frustrating it must be to know that she is being deceptive and won't come clean with what she knows over reaction

I agree
And now that she has "lawyered up", she won't be doing any talking! I hate to say it, but I really don't think that Kyron is still alive. I just pray that soon they will find his body... as NG said today, "Without a body, there is no case" (or something to that effect)!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:09 am

Rainbow I have done an about face on Terri. Yes in the beginning when I read all the posts in the Oregon Live I felt she needed defending. Now that I have progressed I think she is guilty of something and I just hope and pray it is not murder.

Lisette I see a lot of Casey Anthony in Terri so I now think she could commit murder.

I am still having a really hard time knowing a mother could kill her own or anothers child.

That knowledge always comes like a ton of bricks on me.

Terri fooled me in the beginning but she fools me no more. She needs to come forward and tell what happened to Kyron.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:16 am

This is very strange. I have no clue if there is any cryptic message here at this point.

Kyron Horman Update: RDSQRL Lists ‘Enter a Murderer’ Book Just Weeks Before Boy’s Disappearance

2:09 PM July 7th, 2010 by James Pitkin

Ever since KATU reported that Terri Moulton Horman, the stepmom of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, was commenting on the news station’s website, we’ve been curious about activity under the online handle “RDSQRL.”

The KATU story doesn’t state the handle the comments were made under, but the comments they cite in the story as being posted by Horman match word for word comments made on their site under the name RDSQRL.

RDSQRL is the vanity plate on the red 2007 Ford Mustang Horman drives, according to the Oregon DMV. At least one friend on Horman’s Facebook page (which is no longer open to the public) calls her “Red Squirrel.” A commenter called RDSQRL has also popped up on oregonlive.com.

A Google search for RDSQRL also turns up a page on the book-trading site bookcrossing.com. The page lists one book for RDSQRL — Enter a Murderer by crime writer Ngaio Marsh.

Amazon summarizes the plot:

The script of the Unicorn Theatre’s new play uncannily echoes a quarrel in the star’s dressing room. And the stage drama gets all too real when charming Felix Gardener shoots his blustering rival, Arthur Surbonardier, dead-with a gun Arthur himself loaded with blanks. or did he? How the live bullets got there, and why, make for a convoluted case that pits Inspector Roderick Alleyn against someone who rates an Oscar for a murderously clever performance.

Note that RDSQRL listed the book on May 18 — less than three weeks before Kyron disappeared from Skyline School on June 4.

Curious about the entry and whether it was indeed Horman’s, we emailed her criminal-defense attorney, Stephen Houze, on Tuesday afternoon for comment. He has not yet responded.

We also contacted bookcrossing.com and asked them to tell us where RDSQRL’s IP address was located. Heather Mehra-Pedersen, co-founder of the website, declined.

“I have rounded up the IP, but we would need some kind of approach by law enforcement or some legitimate cause to release it as we are very strict about releasing info about our members,” Mehra-Pedersen wrote in an email.

Horman took her Facebook page out of public view shortly after Kyron’s disappearance. But before she did so, the page showed Horman had an interest in true-crime dramas. She listed her favorite TV shows as CSI and Dexter.

For our story in the print edition this week we interviewed criminal psychologists about Horman. We asked Washington, D.C.-based forensic psychologist Pat Brown about Horman’s interest in crime dramas.

“It’s concerning,” Brown said. “She could simply be a normal fan of these shows. On the other hand, if she’s psychopathic, what some psychopaths do is get great ideas from these shows.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/07/kyron-horman-update-rdsqrl-lists-enter-a-murderer-book-just-weeks-before-boys-disappearance/

Red Squirrel? No way!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Search for Kyron Horman Complicated by Botched Sting on Terri Horman/ Retired Police Captain Says Terri Horman 'Seems to Have Anti-Freeze in Her Veins'

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:21 am

By MIKE von FREMD and SARAH NETTER
PORTLAND, Oregon, July 8, 2010

A potential opportunity to arrest the stepmother of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman was thwarted by an ill-executed sting operation at the family's home last month.
Former FBI agent Brad Garrett weighs in on the ill-executed sting operation.

ABC's Portland affiliate KATU is reporting that the landscaper police say Terri Horman allegedly contacted to kill her husband and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, was in on the sting, but then raised the woman's suspicions enough that she called 911.

The landscaper showed up at Horman's door June 26 wearing a hidden microphone to demand hush money. Undercover agents were nearby. But the plan backfired when Horman called police to report an emergency, according to KATU, telling the dispatcher a man at her door wanted $10,000.

KATU cited sources as saying that was the second call of the day. The first came minutes earlier to report that someone in a truck was threatening her.

Responding officers found themselves face to face with the undercover agents and Horman was not taken into custody.

Police have been circling Horman in the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron, who vanished from his elementary school science fair more than a month ago. But she has not been named a suspect or a person of interest.

"This gal seems to have anti-freeze in her veins. I mean she's under a lot of pressure," retired Portland police captain C.W. Jensen told ABC News. "I mean the investigation, the family turning against her, the community turning against her, a divorce a separation from her child -- all these that's a lot of pressure but it seems that she has the hubris so far to push herself through."

Kaine Horman moved out of the house, taking the couple's toddler daughter with him, apparently after learning of his wife's murder-for-hire plot "Hopefully I think the goal was to get her to talk about the case," former FBI special agent Brad Garrett told "Good Morning America." "Arrest her and that additional pressure would get her to talk."

Terri Horman has since hired a prominent defense attorney. She denied the allegation when confronted by detectives, The Oregonian reported, and she has not been charged, though the investigation is proceeding, the sources told the newspaper.

Garrett said the attempted police sting leads him to believe police think she has either direct or indirect knowledge of where Kyron is.

But, he noted, there is the chance that she's been telling the truth -- that she has no idea where her stepson may be.

"That's entirely posible," he said. "We've never heard anything from an evidence stand point that Terri knows where Kyron is."

But the second-grader's family appears to think otherwise.

Kyron's biological mother recently pleaded with Terri Horman to start talking and help the family find their little boy.

"To Terri, you need to do what is right," Desiree Young said. "Please cooperate with investigators and the attorneys to help bring Kyron home."

Kryon's Family Clings to Hope That Little Boy Will Come Home

Even as the family struggles with Kyron's disappearance and allegations against Terri Horman, experts say unwavering hope that he'll be found alive is a powerful motivator.

Ernie Allen, president of the Center for Missing & Exploited Children, said statistics show most missing children are eventually found.

"We know from the Justice Department data, even in the most serious cases most of the children come home," he said. "You always look at those closest to the child. You rule things out. You rule suspects out."

Kryon's family said they are clinging to hope that he will come home to the room that has remained untouched since June 4.

In a statement this week, the family said they haven't even made Kyron's bed so that it looks like he slept there the night before.

"We remain hopeful because we haven't been given any information by law enforcement to indicate he isn't still alive," the statement read, "and therefore we will always expect that he will come home to us."

Allen said that's exactly the right attitude to have. He pointed out that even children missing for months or years come home, citing the Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard cases. And, he noted, both of those cases were broken by "average citizens" who reported seeing something out of the ordinary.

He urged anyone near the Portland area to stay vigilant and do the same for Kyron.

"We hope that people out there will think what they have seen, what they know… might be a key break to bring Kyron home," he said.

Terri Horman said she last saw him walking to his classroom after the two of them had attended a pre-school science fair together.

The school said he never made it to class, but he was not reported missing until the end of the day, when he did not get off the school bus that was supposed to bring him home.

Kyron's disappearance has triggered the biggest search in Oregon history.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-horman-complicated-apparent-botched-sting-step/story?id=11114051
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:47 am

Did the landscaper have any proof that Terri approached him to kill her husband? There was another landscaper who said she approached him about the same thing. However, he did go to the police and report it, but they did nothing about it. Maybe the guy who did report it, told this other guy about it. When he approached Terri, she would not have recognized him, as that is not the guy she talked to. Why doesn't LE contact the first guy now, and reinterview him. They may get something that they could actually charge her with. Then they could pick her up for that. Even her high powered atty could not stop them from doing it.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:14 am

This case is really getting to a lot of us. I know this has been said before but I pray this is not another cold case like HaLeigh.

I really think they need to take Terri in again and hold her for suspicion as a POI and literally interrogate the hell out of her.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:01 pm

C4all, I had not heard about another landscaper being asked to kill Kaine and then going to the police...I read about one that tried to respond to Terri's ad about someone to do yard work, but she never responded to his emails or phone calls...I really can't see the police not doing something about a valid report that someone was trying to hire him to murder her husband!

And, Wrap, I agree that she needs to be interrogated again...But I'm afraid the botched sting alerted her that LE is not looking at her as an innocent person..So she probably has clammed up for good...I think what they tried to do was a BIG mistake...She might have slipped up and revealed something if they had continued to just play along with her...But I guess they and Kaine were truly afraid of what she might do if they stayed in the house...Maybe she was showing signs of mental instability...I wonder if her parents are still with her and if she continues to get support from friends.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm

If Terri Horman had a huge interest in real life crime and drama, how do we know that she hasn't been a member here or at CSO in the past? We all seem to share the desire to figure out real crimes, try to find missing children, pray they are unharmed, etc., and try to figure out people like KC who could do such things. Wouldn't she have been drawn to us?
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Dad of missing Ore. boy says he suspects stepmom
By TIM FOUGHT (AP) – 14 minutes ago
PORTLAND, Ore. — The father of a 7-year-old Portland boy missing for more than a month told a judge he believes the boy's stepmother is involved in the disappearance, according to a court document released Thursday.
Kaine Horman has filed for divorce, and a judge granted the restraining order against Terri Horman. The petition for the order was unsealed Thursday.
"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010," Kaine Horman's petition reads. "I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."
An attorney for Kaine Horman did not immediately return a phone call.
The couple was married in April 2007 and have a 19-month-old daughter. She also has a teenage son from a previous marriage.
According to court documents, Kaine Horman moved out of the family home shortly before filing the divorce papers.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j9b2LUBiZZfn4HkSTtQZpweYzk3AD9GR3N101

In a section of the restraining order related to restricting firearms, Kaine Horman underlined text that read: ""I am concerned about his/her getting firearms" and added a hand-written note: "Respondent (Terri) attempted to hire someone to murder me."
The restraining order also prohibited Terri from going to Kaine's workplace, a gym in Beaverton, and Skyline Elementary School.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Key-Horman-document-could-be-made-public-97975779.html

If the police have probable cause, WHY DON'T THEY ARREST HER!?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:30 pm

I would worry more about what crime books she may have been ordering, as opposed to selling.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:17 pm

PORTLAND -- Kyron Horman's parents held a candid and sometimes emotional press conference Thursday in which they said Terri Moulton is lying to investigators and flunked two polygraph tests.

"I've known her a long time," Desiree Young said, "I know she's lying."

She drove home the point, saying "mothers have instincts and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call," about Kyron's disappearance.
When asked whether they thought who else might be involved in the disappearance, Kaine Horman and Young were quiet for a moment, looked at each other and then Kaine Horman said they did not want to speculate.

They did have more words for Terri Horman.

Desiree Young said she and Kaine both passed polygraph tests "with flying colors." Kaine Horman said Terri Moulton did not pass either of the two tests she took.

Desiree Young described Terri Moulton's behavior and participation "is ridiculous at this point." She said Terri "is not taking an active role" in finding Kyron.
Kaine Horman explained that he asked the court to remove Terri Moulton from their home because Kyron deserves to come to his own room, not a "safe house" somewhere else.

Kaine's parents emphasized that they wanted to keep the focus on finding Kyron and bringing him home.

"Don't be afraid," Desiree said to Kyron, "We're going to come get you. You're coming home."

"I believe God is looking down over Kyron and protecting him," she said.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Desiree-Young-on-Terri-Moulton-I-know-shes-lying-98075814.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty copy of the application for a restraining order and accompanying documents

Post by Nama Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 pm

http://media.wweek.com/attach/2010/07/08/Restraining_Order.pdf

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Divorce in Kyron Horman Case

Post by Nama Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m6d29-Kyron-Horman-case-update-Read-divorce-papers-filed-by-father-of-missing-Oregon-boy
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Kyron Horman's father recalls when marriage to Terri Horman began to sour

Post by Nama Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:52 pm

The father of missing second-grader Kyron Horman said today that his marriage to the boy's stepmom began to grow rocky after she gave birth to their little girl 19 months ago.

"I thought the marriage was doing pretty well," Kaine Horman said during a one-on-one interview with The Oregonian, "until we had our daughter, Kiara."

Horman declined to go into details about the fractured marriage to Terri Moulton Horman. But the 36-year-old software engineer said he still believes what he wrote in a June 28 restraining order against his estranged wife: She tried to hire someone to kill him.

During a car ride today a few miles from the elementary school where his 7-year-old son vanished on June 4, Horman said he agrees with detectives who have told him that the investigation into Kyron's disappearance will be a marathon rather than a sprint.

He hopes a few key pieces of information -- from tips or leads or something detectives track down -- will eventually break the case.

"I think we're certain that the pieces are going to fall into place at some point," he said.

Kaine and Kiara Horman moved out of their rural Multnomah County home on June 26. A couple of days later, Kaine filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order that forbids his wife from coming near him or their daughter.

A Multnomah County judge unsealed the restraining order today, and Kaine's attorney filed a motion to amend it so that the court will force Terri Horman to vacate the home.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron," Kaine Horman wrote. "I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

Horman wrote that the attempted murder-for-hire plot occurred at the end of 2009.

The 36-year-old dad also has asked the court to hold an expedited hearing that would force his wife out of the house he bought on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road in January 2007, three months before he and Terri Horman got married in Hawaii.

In today's interview with The Oregonian, Kaine Horman said one reason he wants to move back into his house is to return his daughter to her normal surroundings. He and his daughter have been living in an undisclosed location since moving out.

"Part two is, we find Kyron, what are they gonna do, ship him off to our undisclosed location?" Horman said. "I mean, how homey is that gonna be for him when we find him?"

Circuit Judge Keith Meisenheimer set a hearing for the afternoon of July 22 in which Terri Horman will be ordered to show good reason why the court shouldn't make her move out of the house.

Terri Horman's lawyer, Stephen Houze, said this week that neither he nor Terri would comment on the alleged murder-for-hire allegations, restraining order, divorce proceedings or ongoing investigation.

The restraining order unsealed today requires Terri Horman to stay more than 500 feet from her husband or daughter, and not have any parenting time. She's also not to go to the Skyline School, Kaine's Intel office or his gym, The Edge in Beaverton. She's also restricted from entering her daughter's current or future day-care provider or school.

The judge also ordered Terri Horman not to possess any firearms.

Kyron Horman disappeared early June 4 after spending time at a science fair at Skyline School in rural northwest Multnomah County. His stepmom was the last known person to have seen him. She told authorities that she brought Kyron to school that morning with his science fair exhibit and watched him walk toward his classroom about 8:45 a.m. before she left the school.

Although the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has not identified a suspect or a person of interest in the boy's disappearance, investigators have clearly focused on Terri Horman in recent weeks.

On June 18, they began circulating fliers with her photo and a picture of the white truck she drove to and from the school on the day Kyron vanished.

About that time, investigators tracked down a landscaper who told authorities that Terri Horman had tried to pay him to kill her husband. Then on June 26, detectives sent the landscaper back to the Horman home to get taped corroboration of the alleged murder-for-hire plot.

The landscaper, fitted with a body wire, tried to get Terri Horman to corroborate the murder-for-hire plot on tape. He claimed he would tell police about her plan if she didn't pay him $10,000. But Terri Horman cut off the conversation and called 9-1-1 to report "threats," records show.

The revelation of the alleged plot to kill Kaine Horman has helped widen the increasing split between Kyron's parents and Terri Horman.

That split became even more obvious later Thusday when he and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, held a news conference at a Beaverton motel.

During the news conference, Young said she has long suspected that Terri Horman has been involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Asked about her body language at the family's first public appearance June 11 -- at the time, she appeared stiff and closed her eyes tight when Terri Horman put her arm around Young's shoulder -- Young said she thought then that Horman was involved.

"Mothers have instincts," Young said, "and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call."

She and Kaine Horman also said that Terri Horman has failed two polygraph tests and went on to make it clear they are upset with her.

"I'm so angry I don't even have words," Young told reporters. "I just really want her to do the right thing and I can't say it enough that Kyron is still out there and he needs to be home. It's extremely frustrating that she's not cooperating.

When asked how Terri Horman wasn't cooperating with investigators, Young said she wasn't "taking an active role in finding Kyron and telling the truth.

"I've known her a long time," Young said. "I know she's lying.

Kaine Horman added that he was upset about Terri occupying the family home, thereby keeping him and his daughter out of it.

"Displacing a child for the comfort of an adult," Kaine Horman said today. "I think we all have our opinions on how appropriate that is."

Kyron's parents did not comment on the specifics of the investigation, but noticeably paused when asked if they thought someone else might be involved.

"We would like to speculate, but we really can't," Young said.

Investigators in the missing-child case are at a crossroads, focusing on Terri Horman while urging the public to keep an eye out for Kyron and pass them any tips that might help them locate the boy.

But where does that leave Kaine Horman?

"It still puts me looking for my boy," he said. "It's our kids first, and everything else comes after. So Kyron, he's missing, he's in danger -- he's No. 1 priority. And after that, Kiara is No. 2 priority. And based on what I filed (in) the restraining order, we feel that she's possibly in danger. So we've got two children that are in bad places."

Few fathers can imagine such a predicament. But Horman, standing on a wooded road in Adidas running shoes, was stoic when considering his troubles.

"It's gotta happen to somebody," he said.

As a software engineer at Intel, Horman has been trained to break things down into pieces, compartmentalize and prioritize them.

"It's one piece at a time," he said. "If we address every piece emotionally, we'd go insane right now."

Horman, a former high school sprinter, said he holds things together by running a couple of miles a day, playing with his daughter and seeing a counselor once a week to talk about his situation.

He said he and Kyron's other parents have asked detectives not to give them any false hope as they investigate his disappearance.

"It was kind of something we all talked about together," he said. "Obviously, we're hopeful that this will come to a conclusion sometime soon."

Asked if he has made any plans if detectives come to him with bad news, Horman pursed his lips and shook his head.

"No," he said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 pm

After watching the press conference of Kaine and Desiree today, I feel that there has been some tension for awhile between Desiree and Terri...At first, reports seemed to indicate that they were good friends even before Kyron was born, but in looking back, I saw that that came from statements from Terri's friend...Something that she had learned from Terri, who would try to make everything seem hunky-dory in the relationship. I don't think it was that way though...I have suspected that Terri and Kaine were involved even before Kyron was born and that's why Desiree and Kaine divorced. From Desiree's words and actions today, she seemed to hint that she didn't completely trust Terri and had a bad feeling about her even when she got the phone call that Kyron was missing. I think Terri was jealous of Kaine and Desiree's bond through Kyron. She didn't want Kiara having to share Dad's attention with another woman's child. And then, there's the fact that her bio son, James, had to move out not long ago. Another reason for resentment...Nobody dreamed that she could do something like this until it happened.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 am

If she were innocent, she would move out now. Just go and allow her daughter back in the only environment she knows. That in itself shows how utterly selfish she is!

And, where is her son? With her? Poor kid!

I am having a hard time comprehending two things:

1) Why Terri has not been arrested for probable cause.
2) Where she put Kyron's body.

Both are amazing to me. And, I also feel this was pre-meditated.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:48 am

Are Kaine Horman & his daughter in hiding somewhere? If I were him, I'd be very scared of Terri right now! He & Desiree have both spoken out publicly against her, and Terri must be at home fuming. As we have learned from past domestic violence/murder cases, restraining orders do absolutely nothing to protect the innocent victim!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:46 am

Terri had sympathy from family and friends. Even me. But now we see a different Terri. Who is this woman? I could not believe that Kaine left and Terri stayed. A mother would not upset her daughter like that. Plus one would think she would want to see her daughter.
I wonder if the friends that were there defending her have stayed and I also wonder if her parents are still there with her.
Somebody has to be enabling her to act this way. I don't think she could hold out this long alone. Groceries would have to be purchased.
I see her having some of the signs of Casey. She is interested in nobody but herself.
Wrap I don't think they have enough to hold her on probable cause. I think they have reasonable suspecion. I brought this over for us to look at.
I think they are waiting for more evidence. Like Kyron.

Does anybody remember if they searched the home when Terri was gone and Kaine was home? I don't remember seeing that. I know they took her vehicle twice.

.I want to do this! What's This? ..
The terms probable cause and reasonable suspicion are often confused and misused. While both have to do with a police officer's overall impression of a situation, the two terms have different repercussions on a person's rights, the proper protocol and the outcome of the situation.
.Definition of Reasonable Suspicion
Reasonable suspicion means that any reasonable person would suspect that a crime was in the process of being committed, had been committed or was going to be committed very soon.
Legal Repercussions
If a police officer has reasonable suspicion in a situation, he may frisk a suspect or detain the suspect briefly. Reasonable suspicion does not allow for searching a person or car, and is not enough for a search warrant or arrest.
Definition of Probable Cause
Probable cause means that a reasonable person would believe that a crime was in the process of being committed, had been committed, or was going to be committed.
Legal Repercussions of Probable Cause
Probable cause is enough for a search or arrest warrant. It is also enough for a police officer to make an arrest if he sees a crime being committed.
The Difference Between the Two
Reasonable suspicion is a step before probable cause. At the point of reasonable suspicion, it appears that a crime may have been committed. The situation escalates to probable cause when it becomes obvious that a crime has most likely been committed.

Read more: Definitions of Probable Cause vs. Reasonable Suspicion | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5003941_definitions-cause-vs_-reasonable-suspicion.html#ixzz0tBVe0Jpi
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Kaine Horman: Kyron’s Stepmom Suffered Post-Partum Depression
11:05 PM July 8th, 2010 by James Pitkin

Kaine Horman, father of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, told WW in an interview tonight Kyron’s stepmom suffered from post-partum depression and may have been hiding it when the boy disappeared.

“She went through some pretty bad post-partum as a result of the pregnancy. She was on medication from the doctor,” said Kaine Horman, who gave a series of brief interviews this evening, mainly to national news outlets.

Horman was accompanied by Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young.

Kyron disappeared from Skyline K-8 School on June 4. His stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, was the last person known to have seen him, investigators have said. The investigation increasingly has focused on her.

Kaine Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order on June 28 citing alleged plans by Terri Moulton Horman to have him killed. He told WW the illness came on after the birth of their daughter Kiara 19 months ago and lasted well over a year.

“As far as I’m concerned, probably up until a month or two before Kyron was gone — and then she could have been hiding it at that point,” Kaine Horman said.

He said the illness manifested in rapid mood swings.

“It wasn’t anything that was overly violent in nature,” Horman said. “It was just really erratic types of swings, from being very emotional to suddenly being very frustrated.”

Horman said he’s not sure what type of medication his wife was on or when she stopped taking it.

“I was just supposed to watch her closely for a six-month period, which I did do,” he said. “And after the six months, things seemed to be OK.”

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/08/kaine-horman-kyrons-stepmom-suffered-post-partum-depression/
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Wrap, Terri's son is living in southern OR with either his bio or adopted father or his grandparents. I think he moved out of Terri's home in February.

Last edited by BJ in OR on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Lisette I wondered if Terri had some kind of Post Partum after the baby girl.

I have no idea how that feels. Anybody? Could one kill with the symptoms.

I still have a hard time realizing that little Kyron won't "pop up" some day.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Kyron Horman case: Police tracing timeline of stepmom using surveillance video from day boy vanished

Post by Nama Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 am

Kyron Horman case: Police tracing timeline of stepmom using surveillance video from day boy vanished

Investigators are in the process of collecting surveillance video from various stores in the Portland, Oregon area, to piece together a timeline of events surrounding Kyron Horman’s disappearance and the whereabouts of his stepmother, Terri Horman, according to KATU.

Thus, surveillance video from local grocery stores, including Fred Meyer and Albertsons, are being sought after by police.

Albertsons told KATU it had turned over video taken from the Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway store on June 4 – the day Kyron went missing.

Although Fred Meyer would not comment, a source told the local news outlet that the Sunset Fred Meyer off Highway 26 in Hillsboro has given investigators surveillance video as well.

The day Kyron, 7, disappeared, Terri told police she had gone to a school science fair with him. She said she last saw him walking toward his classroom at about 8:45 a.m. He never made it to his second-grade class and has not been seen since.
To see more photos of Kyron, click here.

According to KATU, the Albertsons is about 14 to 16 miles from the Skyline School, while the Fred Meyer is about five miles away. There is no indication that the missing boy is in any of the surveillance footage.

Terri has not been named a person of interest or a suspect in the case, however, in court documents her husband revealed he believes she had something to do with his son's disappearance. Kaine Horman has also filed for divorce from Terri. The couple have an infant daughter together.

In addition, Terri allegedly attempted to hire a hit man to kill her husband about seven months prior to Kyron’s disappearance.

Anyone with information regarding Kyron Horman’s whereabouts is asked to call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office tip line at 503-261-2847 or call 911 with emergency information.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m7d10-Kyron-Horman-case-Police-tracing-timeline-of-stepmom-using-surveillance-video-from-day-boy-vanished
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:21 am

Thank God for cell phones. They can trace you pretty much anywhere. If LE asked for surveillance video in those two stores, guaranteed she was in that or those vicinities.

LE can keep telling we, the public, that TH is NOT a POI. Sure she isn't.

And, WHY didn't Kaine check out the med or meds Terri was on for PPD and look it up? Here is a video about PPD w/OCD. I believe that mother's that suffer PPD MAY have the capability of killing or harming their child or a child. I say MAY because I do not in any way believe just because a mom suffers from PPD - that does NOT make her a bad person, much less a killer.

I would love to know if Terri suffered any depression, OCD, mania or bi polar disorder prior to the baby being born.

Kelly Nordstrom talks about her experience with Postpartum OCD, Postpartum Depression, and Postpartum Psychosis at NAMI's Baby Blues & Beyond Conference in Mpls. MN on June 22, 2010.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:50 am

Yep, from what i know about PPD...it is like the "Baby Blues" gone real bad. Just about every mom goes through the Baby Blues after the birth of a baby....a time of exhaustion, change in routine, hormone fluctuations and body changes. Usually women that suffer from PPD have a history of depression to start with (informal or formal diagnosis) and then with the hormonal changes after the birth of a baby, on top of the lack of sleep, etc...it can become a serious disorder. Sounds like she was treated w/ meds, probally Prozac or a similar drug and then came off of them? The meds stay in your body for a while. Was it a slow spiral back to her depressed state? And yes Jeanne a small percentage of these women do in fact kill.
I also think back to her photos of her body-building days. For a woman to have muscles like that she had to have been using steroids. Did she go back to steroids? She was going back to the gym I know. Interesting. We have all heard of "roid rage".
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:19 am

I hope they are also gathering tapes from Walmart type stores and also hardware stores.

She should be easy to spot with that mane of red hair.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:20 am

I think that Terri had issues before the baby and that PPD kicked in big time after that...Not knowing much about her past, I have questions...I wonder why her first two marriages failed...Also, she was adopted, and I wonder if either genetic or psychological problems were in play because of that...Kaine obviously didn't realize the extent of her problem, but I would have thought that he would have picked up on something as serious as she evidently had...Just so sad that Kyron had to be the one to suffer the consequences..
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:30 am

Good points, Cherylz and lisette and Jeanne.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Lisette I think most men are "brain dead" when it comes to "womens problems". If you cry enough they drive you to the doctor and if you have a problem the doctor gives you a pill. Hubby thinks "ok she 's fine"

I am not slamming men believe me but I just don't think they are as sympathetic to our issues as perhaps another woman.

I wonder where was Terri's mother, Kyrons real mother and those defending Terri and calling themselves her friends.

Surely she had somebody she "talked things out with".

Women always need women. We fix it for each other.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Dad of missing Kyron Horman suspects stepmom

Post by Nama Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 8 Empty Could Missing Oregon Boy be in Mountain State?

Post by Nama Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Police in the Charleston area were told to keep an eye out for a missing boy from out of state Saturday night.
According to Metro 911 dispatchers, they received a call from the FBI asking them to put out a “be on the lookout message” for Kyron Hormon.

Dispatchers put out a radio message telling officers to keep a lookout for a 94 silver Ford van with no windows.

The van and boy were allegedly spotted at Advance Auto Parts on Charleston's west side sometime Saturday night.

Horman went missing from his Portland Oregon elementary school June 4.

http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=82691
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:25 am

This is Charleston, West Virginia I believe.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 am

Am I reading this right? A sighting of Kyron?

This would surely be a miracle. Praying real hard on this one.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Please click here to see a reporter attempt to interview Terri Horman. I have to ask myself, after seeing this video, WHY she won't cooperate if she is innocent.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m7d10-Kyron-Horman-latest-news-Stepmom-refuses-to-answer-questions-about-missing-Oregon-boy-see-video
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Just watched the video. She is some cold fish.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Terri Moulton Horman will not contest what was asked for in the divorce papers, namely that she move out of Kaine and Terri's Northwest Portland home.

Kaine, who has been living at an undisclosed location since June 26, had asked that Terri be forced to move out so that Kaine could move back in.

A letter filed by Moulton Horman's attorney with Judge Keith Meisenheimer states that there is no need for the scheduled hearing on July 22 because Terri won't contest what has been filed.

It isn't clear when she'll move out, or where she'll go.
Desiree and Kaine issue statement

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young speak candidly with the media. (KOIN)
Kyron Horman's parents issued a new statement to the media Sunday afternoon:

Our focus continues to be fully on the investigation and finding Kyron. All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week. As a result, we are sorry that we cannot schedule any media meetings. We really apologize for the change but, as always, our priority is keeping our energy and available time focused on the search and both of those things will be in short supply this week. We will keep you updated immediately on any changes. If any breaking events do come up we will schedule a Q&A or interview session accordingly. Thanks for your understanding. We are currently planning on holding sessions the following week (July 19th and July 22nd) as events progress. Thank you for everything you have done, Kaine & Desiree

Also Sunday, a man who asked not to be shown on camera, expressed his frustration about the Kyron Horman tipline.

“Chas” said he has called the tip line twice, but hadn’t heard back. He was concerned other people’s tips, like his, were not checked on.

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman.

“I didn't really think anything of it, obviously at that time there was no reason to.”

“Chas” said he's been following Kyron's disappearance since day 1, and when police released the flier asking the public to come forward with any information if they had seen Terri Horman or the white truck the day Kyron disappeared. That's when “Chas” remembered back to June 4th and called the tip line.

“The next day, I called again, and gave a little bit more detailed information because in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe I didn't give enough information."

Now 10 days later, “Chas” was left feeling a little frustrated.

"How many other people made tips and it's just not getting paid attention to. I don't feel like my tip is the breaker of the case, or anything like that, but it might be one piece of the puzzle that should maybe help."

As far as the tipline, Lt. Mary Lindstrand said tips have dropped off a bit. They averaged around 5 to 10 an hour.

And she also said if people who have called the tip line but haven’t heard back, that doesn’t mean they haven’t followed up on their tips.

Often times Lindstrand said the tips are “duplicates.”

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Terri-Horman-called-911-during-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:31 pm

It was NOT Kyron that was sighted in Charleston, West Virginia.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:23 pm

I figured it wasn't..but how do you know?

Also, I think LE should call the tipster's who may have a viable tip. WTF
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next