Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

+20
truthbtold
lisette
gavinsgrammy
Love4My5boys
Silvahalo
NiteSpinR
ladyjustice37
TerryRose
raine1953
janie
Boston_Lady
cherylz
laga
jeanne1807
adelacruz
Nama
artgal16
charminglane
Heike
Wrapitup
24 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 11 Empty Re: Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

Post by Nama Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:13 pm

If any of you are having a problemn playing the videos or downloading PDF files etc. make sure you have these downloads.

Shockwave Flash
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Reader

Adobe Shockwave Player

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 11 Empty Re: Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

Post by Nama Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:15 pm

cherylz wrote:Something is so not right w/ the jury and their short deliberation. As I said above WE all spent so many hrs/years debating this topic, pouring over evidence, taking notes...How can those 12 leave their notebooks behind. How did they know they wouldn't need them for reference, to change someone's mind, to spark a memory? They HAD to have talked amongst themselves. They knew. But, how did they know what the others were thinking? They never asked for evidence, to be taken to the crime scene...NOTHING! That to me is such a red flag.
I keep wishing we would find out that someone bribed a juror, or planted a juror, or ........
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Me too BJ. And I am not one for conspiracy theories and all that, but this just does not make sense. It seems as though each one knew before delib. how they would individually vote, but how did they know they wouldn't have to persuade another?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 pm

I think that Jeff Ashton said it well on Dr. Drew tonight...his advice with regard to the outrage that we feel, is to find a way to express it positively. To help other children...the message being, to make a difference where we can do good work. This case is over. We will be riveted, still and it hurts to see the lack of justice, but it is simply not in our control.

We cannot change it and as much as I have screamed and cried...I see now that the aftermath is going to be what it is. People are going to make a lot of money, the world will go on. Where is my energy going to best placed? Probably not in regret and anger, so I have to make a conscious choice to accept it and move on...it is not about me, no matter how hot my tears or how FRUSTRATING it is...nothing I have to offer will matter unless my energy is placed where it can make a difference?

That is how I have to find peace...and as we are all sharing...that is the energy that I believe will save me from the madness! Casey is one human being in this whole world who will have to find her own justice as her life goes on. Caylee is one beautiful sweet child who has been lost, at the hands of unjust and horrible acts, but she is now free and in a new life.

This is the only way I can survive it...we all have to find our own way. xoxo

Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:22 pm

BJ, I keep wishing the same thing...but even if it was proven the defense paid the jury for the verdict, could kc be re-tried? I don't what happened in that jury room, but it definitely smells. Speaking of smells, they should have been FORCED to smell the can, everyone says the memory of that smells stays with you forever.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 pm

BJ wrote:
cherylz wrote:Something is so not right w/ the jury and their short deliberation. As I said above WE all spent so many hrs/years debating this topic, pouring over evidence, taking notes...How can those 12 leave their notebooks behind. How did they know they wouldn't need them for reference, to change someone's mind, to spark a memory? They HAD to have talked amongst themselves. They knew. But, how did they know what the others were thinking? They never asked for evidence, to be taken to the crime scene...NOTHING! That to me is such a red flag.
I keep wishing we would find out that someone bribed a juror, or planted a juror, or ........

I think the jury did not bring justice at all, but on this point, I think it may be different than it looks. If I recall, they could not take their trial notebooks with them normally, they were locked up each day. I think that Mason noted that a few had not taken them (probably out of habit), not realizing that they could for deliberation?
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Laga, yes I believe that would be jury tampering. I would think they would all get in trouble and have to have the case retried. I am not sure?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:34 pm

artgal16 wrote:Wait until they start resenting the money Casey will start raking in!
Lee, Cindy and George dont work now -and Casey will be the one with the money -this is going to cause a huge jealousy and resentment among them. Cindy emptied her 401K to pay back money Casey had stolen
lets see how they like seeing Baez and Casey raking in the dough.
I wouldn't put it past Cindy to go with Casey wherever she goes. I think Casey still has "feelings" (as much as a sociopath feels) for her mother. Maybe Casey will want her to break away from George and they can write a book together. I put nothing past those two.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:43 pm

cherylz wrote:Laga, yes I believe that would be jury tampering. I would think they would all get in trouble and have to have the case retried. I am not sure?

There will never be another trial for the charges that Casey was aquitted for. Double Jepoardy. Nothing will ever change the verdict. 🇳🇴
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Lippman said that Baez blocked Cindy, George and Lee from seeing Casey before the trial and they had all hoped to meet with Baez today, but he flew up to NY to do an interview so they weren't able to achieve that and they'll see where they go with that tomorrow. Baez had indicated that he's still running the show right now. The Anthony family doesn't want to show up at the jail and be rejected. Lippman said they're trying to make accommodations....not get permission.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 pm

BJ wrote:Lippman said that Baez blocked Cindy, George and Lee from seeing Casey before the trial and they had all hoped to meet with Baez today, but he flew up to NY to do an interview so they weren't able to achieve that and they'll see where they go with that tomorrow. Baez had indicated that he's still running the show right now. The Anthony family doesn't want to show up at the jail and be rejected. Lippman said they're trying to make accommodations....not get permission.

I can only imagine the control that Baez has now--I got you this far...I set you free, let me handle everything. She is in his debt...because she does not know that it was an inept jury, NOT his skill that got her OFF!
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:07 pm

I would LOVE for the jurors to go back through the archives and START with Casey's interrogation at the police station. I do not wish for them to feel guilty, as likely they believed they were doing right...but I would love for them to come out and say...wow, I think we got it wrong!
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Heike wrote:
BJ wrote:Lippman said that Baez blocked Cindy, George and Lee from seeing Casey before the trial and they had all hoped to meet with Baez today, but he flew up to NY to do an interview so they weren't able to achieve that and they'll see where they go with that tomorrow. Baez had indicated that he's still running the show right now. The Anthony family doesn't want to show up at the jail and be rejected. Lippman said they're trying to make accommodations....not get permission.

I can only imagine the control that Baez has now--I got you this far...I set you free, let me handle everything. She is in his debt...because she does not know that it was an inept jury, NOT his skill that got her OFF!

I agree I agree I agree I agree I agree
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 11 Empty Focus turns on cast of characters as Casey Anthony trial ends

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 pm

By Liz Goodwin | The Lookout – 13 hrs ago

After the surprising verdict in the much-watched Casey Anthony trial yesterday, the focus is now turning to the cast of characters surrounding the 25-year-old Floridian. Below we roundup the lead players and developments in the aftermath of the Anthony verdict.

• An unlikely lead defender. Anthony's heretofore little-known lead attorney, Jose Baez, is a former bikini salesman who had been barred from practicing law for eight years for failing to pay child support and secure insurance for his children. He has quickly gone from a financially troubled rookie local lawyer to pulling off what some are calling the biggest legal upset since O.J. Simpson walked free.

TV host Nancy Grace called him "incompetent" in her coverage of the trial (she hasn't apologized for that, saying the "devil is dancing" at the verdict), and legal experts told ABC News that it seemed at times as though Baez were improvising and overwhelmed in the courtroom at times. Baez, a Navy veteran, had only been practicing as a lawyer for three years before Anthony heard other inmates talking about him and requested that he represent her.

"I can say I saved a life," he told reporters yesterday, apparently basking in the glow of his unexpected success, before he admonished the media's overheated coverage of the trial. "While we're happy for Casey there are no winners in this case," he said in the video below.

Early on in the case, Baez stunned the courtroom by arguing that Anthony had lied for three years about how her daughter died because her father, George, had repeatedly sexually abused her, damaging her for life. Rejecting the prosecutor's argument that Anthony killed her daughter and then didn't report her as missing for 31 days, he argued that 2-year-old Caylee Anthony accidentally drowned in her grandparents' backyard pool and Anthony's father panicked and covered up the death.The judge, Belvin Perry, warned him not to use the sexual abuse argument in his closing statement since he never offered any proof to back it up.

• The prosecutor who didn't quite laugh last. State prosecutor Jeff Ashton openly laughed during Baez's closing arguments, which you can watch in the video below. (The Orlando Sentinel editorial board referred to this as "sophomoric smirking.") Ashton is retiring, and has announced that his last day at the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, where he's worked for 30 years, will be on Friday, The Orlando Sentinel reports. CNN legal analyst Jeff Toobin called the decision a "historic rejection of the prosecution's case," since the state was seeking the death penalty and the jury only convicted on four misdemeanors. Toobin said the lack of a time and cause of death for the 2-year-old was most likely key in the acquittal.

• One uncontroversial verdict: media bashing. The one thing both teams of lawyers seemed to agree on is blaming the media. Baez and his co-attorney Cheney Mason criticized reporters for conducting a "media assassination" of Anthony's character, and Ashton made similar comments in his press conference. For more on the media circus descending on the trial, check out our sister blog The Cutline.

• Parents in hiding. Meanwhile, Anthony's parents, George and Cindy, have reportedly received death threats and are now in hiding, The Orlando Sentinel reported. George Anthony, a former homicide detective, attempted suicide at one point during the trial. The Anthonys said in a statement that Anthony's sexual abuse and accidental murder accusations are "baseless"--but added that they think the verdict is fair. They quickly left the courtroom after the verdict, while Anthony embraced her lawyers. It's unclear if the family will reconcile.

• Jurors on the hot seat. The Anthonys weren't the only ones going into hiding: According to ABC News, the entire jury planned to abstain from speaking to the media. "They are just not interested...a universal, unequivocal no," Orange County circuit court official Karen Levey said. But that pact quickly seems to be breaking down. Juror Jennifer Ford told Diane Sawyer that all the jurors were "sick to our stomachs" after voting not guilty. "I did not say she was innocent," she said. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be." One alternate juror also broke the vow of silence. Russell Huekler, an alternate who did cast a vote in the verdict, said the jurors made the right decision since the prosecution never presented a motive or cause of death. The other jurors' decision to hide so far may be a wise move, since the court of public opinion has not sided with those 12 members of our peers. On Twitter, people expressed their outrage about the verdict using the hashtag #notguilty. "Juror: 'It's like when you're kid's gone you just party for 31 days until someone finds you out. That's normal, right?'" joked comedian Kristen Schaal on Twitter.

• The social media furor. Other social media users compared the trial to the OJ Simpson case and complained that justice had not been served. "I would hate to let anyone know I was on that jury. Wait until they see the evidence that was kept from them," Kimberly Dawley Rodriguez said on Facebook, according to WDAM. "This really makes me lose all faith in our justice system. No justice for Caylee."

An online petition sparked by the case, which seeks to create a federal law making it a crime not to report your child as missing has 45,000 signatures.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Heike wrote:I would LOVE for the jurors to go back through the archives and START with Casey's interrogation at the police station. I do not wish for them to feel guilty, as likely they believed they were doing right...but I would love for them to come out and say...wow, I think we got it wrong!
I have no problem with them feeling guilt. I hope they're watching all the CNN HLN shows, reading the docs, reading our blog. They screwed up; let them feel it. They didn't do it right and I hope they realize it and never forget it for the rest of their lives.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:17 pm

I just finished watching Dr. Drew and Ashton. Ashton is a class act for sure. Dr. Drew is right (imo), it is what it is and no amount of anger will change the outcome. I have a very hard time accepting what this jury did but my anger would be better channelled into something that would do some good.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:17 pm

The Anthony family doesn't want to show up at the jail and be rejected. Lippman said they're trying to make accommodations....not get permission.
What?? If this story is true, than is shows that the Anthony's Want Her to come Home! OMG! Are they insane?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:19 pm

George should sue that blow Baez for slander. The world was told that George is a child molester. I wish some attorney would offer to take that case on contingency and sue the A$$ off of Bozo.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 pm

BJ wrote:George should sue that blow Baez for slander. The world was told that George is a child molester. I wish some attorney would offer to take that case on contingency and sue the A$$ off of Bozo.
I agree I agree
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
The Anthony family doesn't want to show up at the jail and be rejected. Lippman said they're trying to make accommodations....not get permission.
What?? If this story is true, than is shows that the Anthony's Want Her to come Home! OMG! Are they insane?
He didn't say that they wanted her to come home. He wouldn't even talk about where Casey might go after being released. He just said that the Anthony family was trying to make arrangements to see Casey.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 11 Empty Jail prepares secret exit for possible Anthony release

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:22 pm

ReutersBy Barbara Liston | Reuters – 4 hrs ago

ORLANDO, Fla (Reuters) - If Casey Anthony is released from jail after her sentencing hearing on Thursday, she will not just walk out the front door.

Officials have readied a secret exit to ensure the infamous Florida mother's safety following her acquittal on the murder charge prompted by her 2-year-old daughter Caylee's 2008 death, a jail spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The exit plan will allow Casey, 25, to leave without having contact with the public or members of the media.

Casey was convicted of lying to police, but it is widely believed that she will not receive any more jail time after already spending nearly three years behind bars.

The next big question: Where will she go?

"She's got to find someone to allow her to live with them," said Karin Moore, a veteran trial lawyer and death penalty law specialist at Florida A&M University College of Law in Orlando.

"If I were (Casey's parents), it seems pretty clear to me there is no way she's going back home," Moore said.

Casey cut off contact with her parents while in jail and then mounted a trial defense that accused her father of sexual abuse and involvement in a cover-up of Caylee's death, allegations that George Anthony denied.

Caylee was last seen on June 16, 2008, a month before Casey told anyone that the toddler was gone.

Her skeletal remains were found six months later, dumped in woods near the home Casey shared with her parents just outside of Orlando.

Prosecutors said Casey smothered Caylee with the duct tape to free herself from the responsibilities of motherhood. The defense said the child died in an accidental drowning.

Public outrage followed Tuesday's jury verdict, a stunning outcome to a trial that riveted millions of Americans over more than six weeks this summer.

Prosecutors had planned to seek the death penalty if Casey was found guilty of first-degree murder. Now, the most she faces is one year in jail for each of the four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to law enforcement officers.

Casey automatically receives credit for the almost three years she has served since her arrest.

Late Wednesday, prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick filed a motion asking the trial judge to require Casey to pay for the costs of the investigation.

"The efforts and costs of the investigation were extensive," the motion states.

Burdick asked for 60 days to tally the bill.

PERJURY CHARGES FOR CINDY ANTHONY?

Prosecutors have not determined whether they will pursue perjury charges against Cindy Anthony for testimony she gave during the trial.

Cindy stunned the prosecution last month when she testified she was the one who searched the family's computer for information about chloroform three months before Caylee died.

The testimony seemed at odds with records that showed Cindy was at work when the Internet searches were performed. It also hurt the state's case, as prosecutors pointed to the searches as proof that Casey planned to kill her daughter.

Asked on Wednesday about possible perjury charges, state attorney spokeswoman Danielle Tavernier said "there is nothing pending at this point."

Lawyer Mark Lippman, who represents George and Cindy Anthony, previously told Reuters he did not expect the state to file such charges but said he was prepared to handle them if necessary.

Lippman did not respond Wednesday to an inquiry about the possibility of Casey returning to the Anthonys' home.

The couple left the courtroom without speaking to Casey after the verdict. They issued a statement through Lippmann saying they believed jurors made a fair decision "despite the baseless defense chosen by Casey Anthony."

Moore, who followed the case closely, doubts George Anthony would welcome his daughter back.

"I can't see George ever accepting her," Moore said. "Why set yourself up for some new allegation down the road?"

The case will follow Casey's family for years, Moore said.

"It's going to haunt them, and they have their own incredible personal pain they have to deal with. There are people that are just going to blame them for not protecting this child better when it really wasn't their responsibility," Moore said.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:24 pm

BJ wrote:
Wrapitup wrote:
He didn't say that they wanted her to come home. He wouldn't even talk about where Casey might go after being released. He just said that the Anthony family was trying to make arrangements to see Casey.
Why in the world would they want to see her? Remember the last time George was on the stand? He stepped down, looked straight at her and put his hands together as though he were "washing his hands" of her.

I bet Cindy still wants her home. This will break G&C apart. I think they have only stayed together for the trial anyway. He needs to get the heck out of Florida. For good. And, divorce his wife. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:25 pm

I for one will try to limit the amount of time and energy I spend dwelling on KC and what I still believe was her murder of her own little child. My energies and thoughts are much better spent on the people in my own life. The more I dwell on this, the less room there is in my mind for those that I love, who have been given to me in my life to be concerned about. They are my purpose in life and let no stranger's actions interfere with that purpose for very long. I have the confidence that this woman will get her own come-uppins and, if the state of Florida in Orlando didn't give her her due, life surely will. I will still be concerned about that little boy still missing from his school (because of all this, see, I cannot even remember his name without looking back through the threads), Haleigh Cummings, Britannee Drexel who have not been found as far as I know. I will still want Faith to be found. I still want justice for Leah---isn't the trial beginning now? I don't even want to see the Anthony case 24/7 anymore as it has been today and yesterday, I am through with it, I have had enough of it, to dwell on it more than this is a waste of precious time left in my life. I leave all concerns I have had about this case now in the hands of God.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
BJ wrote:
Wrapitup wrote:
Why in the world would they want to see her? Remember the last time George was on the stand? He stepped down, looked straight at her and put his hands together as though he were "washing his hands" of her.

I bet Cindy still wants her home. This will break G&C apart. I think they have only stayed together for the trial anyway. He needs to get the heck out of Florida. For good. And, divorce his wife. MOO.
How about they want to tell her to go to Hell so they can have some closure.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 11 Empty Casey Anthony Can Earn Millions From Media, Hollywood

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:35 pm

By Hollie McKay

Published July 06, 2011
FoxNews.com

Casey Anthony, the young mother charged with the murder of her daughter in 2008, was found not guilty Tuesday of killing her two-year-old, Caylee Marie.

Likely to be a free woman in a matter of days, Anthony will be deluged with offers from networks and tabloids for her first interview. And whoever wants it will likely have to pay.

Exclusive: Geraldo Interviews Jose Baez

“It seems inevitable that Casey Anthony and her family will try to capitalize on their situation and that they will hire a publicist, and perhaps even an agent, to identify and sort out immediate opportunities. No doubt her legal counsel will also want to limit her exposure and ensure she is careful with any statements she might make,” said crisis management expert Gene Grabowski. “Casey and her family have a short window of opportunity on which to capitalize – probably no more than a few months. It is generally acceptable for someone like Casey, who is not a traditional public figure and who is without substantial income, to accept a fee for a big, exclusive interview with the likes of ABC’s 20/20 or Oprah.”

Indeed with Katie Couric jumping from CBS to ABC, and Oprah Winfrey trying to jump-start her faltering new cable network, there could be big incentives for some of media's power players to make a big push for an exclusive interview.

“I would not be surprised, given the notoriety and infamy of the case, if Casey gets $1 million to give a full interview,” California defense attorney David Wohl said.

Veteran Hollywood communications expert Michael Levine agreed.

“She could probably get $1 million from an outlet – it could be a network or a tabloid-type magazine,” he said. “But I wouldn’t recommend she do that, because she’s such an unsympathetic figure and a known liar.”

News outlets could also face a backlash.

Interactive Timeline: Casey Anthony Trial.

“Big money will be involved in the deal – millions,” said publicist and media strategist, Angie Meyer. “But those who are upset about the verdict will be upset even more if Casey is awarded a generous sum of money from networks and/or publishers for her story. It’s a disturbing trend we’ve seen trickle down throughout large cases in the past decade. Those organizations that have vilified Casey for the last few years will also be the ones to make her a millionaire.”

At least one network has already shelled out significant amounts of money for Anthony-related information.

Meter reader Roy Kronk, the man who discovered the body of two-year-old Caylee Anthony, also found a dead rattlesnake in the same area several months before. He testified during the murder trial that he was paid $15,000 by ABC News in January to license a snake photo, and was subsequently interviewed by Good Morning America just after the body was found.

“I was paid for a licensed picture of a snake, but I knew there would probably be an interview involved,” he said on the stand.

ABC also paid Casey Anthony herself $200,000 for the exclusive licensing of personal photos and videos. The footage was broadcast on ''G.M.A.,'' ''World News,'' ''Nightline'' and the prime time news show ''20/20.'' In addition, the network conducted interviews with the Anthony family, but said in a statement that did not pay for interview access, only for photos.

Paying directly for interviews and stories -- known as ‘checkbook journalism’ -- is typical for outlets like RadarOnline.com and The National Enquirer. But most network news divisions have ethics policies prohibiting them from paying for information. So how does money end up changing hands?

“Some networks are doing this under the guise on the entertainment division. There are new ways now that are euphemisms for paying,” explained Hagit Limor, president of the Society of Professional Journalists. “There are licensing fees, various other ways that money can change hands. The bottom line is that the people involved on both sides know that in exchange for the photo that you licensed that has nothing to do, necessarily, with the exact issue at hand; there will be an interview, which is what the outlet is after.”

For example, last month ABC News paid $15,000 for photos from Meagan Broussard, one of the women who was sent racy photos by Anthony Weiner, and subsequently she gave them an exclusive interview. In 2009, NBC News chartered a plane for Avi Goldman and his son, Sean, to fly from Brazil to the United States. The two were being reunited after a five-year custody battle that had been well-documented by the press.

“She can certainly profit from this case through book deals, movie deals, television deals etc., but she also risks making herself a bigger pariah than OJ Simpson if she’s seen as profiting from her child’s death,” explained Wohl. “If she agrees to talk, she could get paid a lot, but she will then have to explain all the details of the drowning, she will be asked about getting molested by her father and if she does, charges could be brought against him.”

And Anthony isn't the only one who has the opportunity to cash in on the trial.

“The members of the jury perhaps have the most incredible story to tell because they haven’t said anything. Their story is worth more now than it would be if Casey was found guilty,” said Glenn Selig, founder of The Publicity Agency, which specializes in crisis management. “If big money comes from anywhere, it will be from the entertainment world – movies and books – where payment is commonplace. And the less of the story that is told now, the more valuable a book or movie deal will be.”

The blogosphere is already abuzz with reports that Hollywood is preparing to bring the story to the big screen. Names like Kristen Stewart and Lindsay Lohan have been thrown around as potential contenders to play Casey in a film centered on the horrible saga.

“The reason it’s such a juicy story is because it’s like a soap opera,” Levine said. “A beautiful little girl, a seemingly crazy mother, they're all the components of a great soap opera.”

And even if the Anthony family declines all offers, the story will still be told.

“One thing you can count on is a ‘Law and Order’ type show with an episode ‘based’ on this case accompanied by a nice disclaimer that it is not based on reality,” Selig added. “And they won’t have to pay any of these players a dime.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:36 pm

How about they want to tell her to go to Hell so they can have some closure.
I can most definitely see George and possibly Lee doing that, but not Cindy. Not at all. I think Cindy wants in on as much action/money she can make at this point. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 pm

BJ wrote:
Heike wrote:I would LOVE for the jurors to go back through the archives and START with Casey's interrogation at the police station. I do not wish for them to feel guilty, as likely they believed they were doing right...but I would love for them to come out and say...wow, I think we got it wrong!
I have no problem with them feeling guilt. I hope they're watching all the CNN HLN shows, reading the docs, reading our blog. They screwed up; let them feel it. They didn't do it right and I hope they realize it and never forget it for the rest of their lives.

Well, sure, they got it wrong, but if it takes knowing everything that we know for them to realize it...then maybe they were just not smart enough to see it with what they had...I cannot fathom it, but I do imagine they did their best? I cannot blame them for being inadequate in the intellect department? What else could it be? They could not be very bright? They surely had no reason to aquit her other than they believed in the verdict? And that means they were not heavy in analytical skills...they could not interpret and reach a conclusion that made sense. If it wasn't handed to them, in the form of absolutes, they could not follow the obvious trail of truth? So, they played it safe and could not get it...what a SAD verdict. I believe we should have IQ tests for these jurors!
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:56 pm

BJ wrote:George should sue that blow Baez for slander. The world was told that George is a child molester. I wish some attorney would offer to take that case on contingency and sue the A$$ off of Bozo.

IF ONLY THEY COULD, me too! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:58 pm

I agree, Heike. I do think between the DP being on the table and the fact that Cindy lied about the web searches, plus the juror's said they did not believe George and there was no smoking gun...a nun didn't see it happen and photograph Casey dumping the body...left them with reasonable doubt.

Really, they weren't very savvy and were ready to go home.

I would bet as time passes, all the juror's will make some cash because of this case.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:01 am

It's going to be a very interesting day tomorrow. I would be that Cheney and his wife have everything all lined up for her. She won't want for a thing!! This makes me want to stab myself, as BJ puts it.

It will be a media frenzy trying to find out where she is. I bet she will get out of Orlando immediately. They probably already have an airline ticket booked for her somewhere.

I hope she has to come back mid July and testify in the ZG case. And, I would bet she w/plead the 5th. What a sad, miserable, POS she is!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 am

Wrapitup wrote:I agree, Heike. I do think between the DP being on the table and the fact that Cindy lied about the web searches, plus the juror's said they did not believe George and there was no smoking gun...a nun didn't see it happen and photograph Casey dumping the body...left them with reasonable doubt.

Really, they weren't very savvy and were ready to go home.

I would bet as time passes, all the juror's will make some cash because of this case.

I am not sure yet, why the jury as a whole had reasonable doubt, but they sure did. And for that reason, I find them less than intelligent...to know that their repsonsibility is for justice, they just had to be "not smart enough" to make the connection between circumstantial evidence and guilt.
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 am

OK so I have ABC on, I do NOT like this Juror, Jennifer Ford. Not at all.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 am

STATE of FLORIDA'S MOTION to TAX SPECIAL COSTS
of INVESTIGATION and PROSECUTION and to RESERVE JURISDICTION

COMES NOW the State of Florida, by and through the undersigned Assistant State Attorney, pursuant to Florida Statute 938.27 and moves this Honorable Court to enter an order requiring the Defendant to pay reimbursement for the special costs of investigation and prosecution, above the minimum required by law, and reserve jurisdiction to set the specific amount of those costs.

1. Florida Statute 938.27(1) provides that in all criminal cases the costs of prosecution, including investigative costs by law enforcement agencies, shall be included and entered in the judgment rendered against a convicted person. A mandatory minimum amount is set at $100 per case for a felony and $50 per case for a misdemeanor or criminal traffic offense - but the statute also states that: "The court may set a higher amount upon a showing of sufficient proof of higher costs incurred F.S. 938.27(7)&(8).

2. The Sheriff of Orange County, Florida and the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation (MBI) Task Force incurred in this matter special cost of investigation expenses, above the minimum, for which proof is available, and specifically requests reimbursement for appropriate costs. The efforts and costs of the investigation were extensive and not immediately available and, accordingly, the State of Florida respectfully requests this Court to set a hearing within 60 days to determine total costs of investigation.

WHEREFORE, the State of Florida respectfully requests that, pursuant to the convictions (as defined by F.S. 938.27(1) to include a withholds of adjudication) of the defendant, this Honorable Court issue a Final Judgment that orders the defendant, Casey Marie Anthony, to reimburse the Sheriff of Orange County, Florida and the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation (MBI) Task Force for the special costs of investigation and to enforce those costs by further orders or refer said costs of investigation to Collections Court for enforcement, as provided by law, pursuant to Florida Statute 938.27(2)(a)&(b), and to reserve jurisdiction to set the specific amount of those costs after future hearing, unless stipulated to by the parties.

I HEREBY CERTIFY that a true and correct copy of the foregoing Motion to Tax Special Costs of Investigation and Prosecution and Reserve Jurisdiction has been delivered to Jose A Baez, Counsel for Defendant, 522 Simpson Road, Kissimmee, FL.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:12 am

Jose flew to NY today. Geraldo w/be interviewing him. Gee, who knew? And, I am sure all the regular stations will have them on their shows. Ugh!!

So, he probably won't be there tomorrow for her sentencing. I still think the Mason's will take her in and/or already have a plane ticket with money and a job already set up for her. Makes me sick!!

Let us hope that JP will throw what's left of the book at her and not allow her to walk tomorrow.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 am

posting the unpopular opinion as always...

I think there are several hundreds of people who while feel she is 100% guilty would have had issues convicting her of anything while on that same jury.

They are right. there is no hard core proof linking her. Yes there is ductape. Yes there are computer searches that could point to premeditation. Thats about all they actually have though...thats it. And these jurors obviously did not feel they could live with themselves if they had judged wrongly and all these people who claim she was a good mother (even jesse grund still says that he thinks she's responsible for caylee being dead that she was a good mom) were right and it was some accident that nobody knew about because of alll this other stuff that came up and she was either put to death or sat in prison for life.

further unpopular opinion: if a mother REALLY loves their child , really and truly, and just one time, just ONCE they aren't paying enough attention, etc so forth, though they usually do, and something happens to their child...isn't that punishment enough? Not saying thats the case with casey anthony (cause it most likely isn't)

But with all child neglect cases. I think its terrible that mothers who are really and truly grieving for the one mistake they made and their beloved children are now gone are still still punished..like shame on them, its their fault. Yes it is their fault and they will know it the rest of their lives...nobody is perfect.

I feel thats how these 12 jurors felt. Not inept, not unable to see how she was probably extremely guilty, but just NOT willing to take the chance that they were wrong. that hundreds of thousands of other people in the world are wrong and judging wrong because Caylee is dead at the hands of her mother wether on accident or purpose, all they see is that if it was an accident and casey was this loving mother others claimed her to be that she must be grieving, and they can see the anthony's are grieving, and i truly think that they believe their job was to help solve this case for this family and casey, not for the world or the state of florida, and they feel with the evidence they were given that it was too risky, that they could have been putting the family through even more grief and for nothing

because even if they put casey to death or in prison, that didn't bring this family back their caylee marie. I think they realized this, felt it wasn't worth the risk of being wrong, and said 'to hell with it' and let her walk on those reasons alone.

Too compassionate? maybe. But handfuls of other people would have been the same way in this case. Even the ones who claim to the media that they would have sent her off to prison or death, would probably be feeling different if they were in these jurors shoes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 11 Empty Juror 13

Post by Nama Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:15 am

Fox News......Juror 13 thinks there was a horrific accident and thinks everyone in the Anthony family knows more than what they are saying. He doesn't know what went on in the deliberations; he wasn't included. He totally agrees with the verdict. He says why would a good mother that loved her daughter just one day kill her. So what if she was a party girl; she had a good support system with her parents willing to take care of Caylee. He doesn't want to get himself in trouble, but feels the Anthony is very dysfunctional. The Anthony's stories changed. He felt sorry for Lee. What really had an impact on him was the end of the trial and what really hit home was Mason's closing arguments. Casey mishandled something, but no one will ever know what that was. The lying didn't start during the 31 days....she had been lying for two years so he didn't think the lies had anything to do with Caylee's death.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:16 am

Was Jose Baez interviewed tonight at 10 on Primetime? I only caught the last 15 min of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:18 am

Wrapitup wrote:Jose flew to NY today. Geraldo w/be interviewing him. Gee, who knew? And, I am sure all the regular stations will have them on their shows. Ugh!!

So, he probably won't be there tomorrow for her sentencing. I still think the Mason's will take her in and/or already have a plane ticket with money and a job already set up for her. Makes me sick!!

Let us hope that JP will throw what's left of the book at her and not allow her to walk tomorrow.
Even if he throws the book at her she will be out in a few weeks. Lippman thinks that jail is the best place for her for awhile because of fears for her safety. I wish we would hear from Cindy and George. Lippman will NOT say anything about what the family feels.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:19 am

Elisabeth Hasselback drives me crazy! She has no idea what she is talking about. Someone, please shut her up!!

Joy cracks me up. "Ask him about his inappropriate relationship w/Casey." LOL. She said she will ask him. Maybe he w/go on her show tomorrow.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:22 am

BJ wrote:
Wrapitup wrote:Jose flew to NY today. Geraldo w/be interviewing him. Gee, who knew? And, I am sure all the regular stations will have them on their shows. Ugh!!

Even if he throws the book at her she will be out in a few weeks. Lippman thinks that jail is the best place for her for awhile because of fears for her safety. I wish we would hear from Cindy and George. Lippman will NOT say anything about what the family feels.
That's probably because they are fighting. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:22 am

Watching Bozo and Baba Wawa right now. Bozo said that he got the case because he had a solid reputation in the community. Bozo thinks Casey is intelligent, kind, goodhearted.... whateva!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 am

Wrapitup wrote:Was Jose Baez interviewed tonight at 10 on Primetime? I only caught the last 15 min of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yes, it's on in CA right now. Barbara Walters interviewing a gloating Bozo.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 am

Bozo talks about "her world". He hope that when she gets out she can speak to "some people".
He thinks that she needs mental help! Surprise, surprise!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:27 am

she does need mental help. who can deny that? if anything she said or claimed was true, i hope she locks herself in a mental ward cause THATS the only place she may be safe from being ductaped and thrown in a hot florida trunk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 am

I had to turn off the Primetime Nightline, I just cannot stomach listening to Bozo.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 am

BJ wrote:Bozo talks about "her world". He hope that when she gets out she can speak to "some people".
He thinks that she needs mental help! Surprise, surprise!
Can you find a link? I've looked and looked.

Both JA and Bozo are in NY. Sure hope they don't run into each other. :good/evil:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 am

BJ wrote:Watching Bozo and Baba Wawa right now. Bozo said that he got the case because he had a solid reputation in the community. Bozo thinks Casey is intelligent, kind, goodhearted.... whateva!
WHAT??? He is as delusional as his ex-client!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next