Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

+11
laga
prayerbone
janie
adelacruz
CritterFan1
ladyjustice37
Juanita
Wrapitup
TerryRose
Cory
mommyof3kids
15 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 9 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:17 pm

The car accident theory as been mentioned few times i believe, anythings possible... But i'm swaying to a no surely it 1 leaves a lotttt of evidence and 2 a big chance of being seen???

I could be so wrong though i'm just guessing

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 9 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Lets face it when one person fails the polygraph 2 x in areas of do you know whos responable for Leah disappearance ....I'm guessing someone did have help after the initial crime ;-)

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Being seen on Central Blvd yeah.....anywhere else the chances get smaller that he will be seen. I know. The car thing really bugs me. If in fact she was hit with his car, surely they would have found blood on the car when they took it in. Right??
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:23 pm

prayerbone wrote:Lets face it when one person fails the polygraph 2 x in areas of do you know whos responable for Leah disappearance ....I'm guessing someone did have help after the initial crime ;-)

He should have never taken that poly!!!!! Ha Ha!!!! Sure makes him look bad huh??????
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:30 pm

One other point the right shoe was found at elm street by the cemetery , this wasn't the shoe with the blood on , that was found a ways off...

I cant help but think Leah got into a car then had a arguement and their was a struggle where she loses her shoe , then driven away from town (sorry Cory this must be terrible)...

Elm street by the cemetery isn't that far from the direction she was walking home , its only 9.15 ish , shes not expected home till 11pm maybes she turnt right off central to go up to BB thinking NM there???

Or maybe i'm totally wrong and the shoe was just dropped there...We need more paperwork grrrrrr lets hope they deliver !!!

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 pm

[quote="prayerbone"]One other point the right shoe was found at elm street by the cemetery , this wasn't the shoe with the blood on , that was found a ways off...

I cant help but think Leah got into a car then had a arguement and their was a struggle where she loses her shoe , then driven away from town (sorry Cory this must be terrible)...

Elm street by the cemetery isn't that far from the direction she was walking home , its only 9.15 ish , shes not expected home till 11pm maybes she turnt right off central to go up to BB thinking NM there???

Or maybe i'm totally wrong and the shoe was just dropped there...We need more paperwork grrrrrr lets hope they deliver !!![/quote

I know! I'm still waiting to hear from the SO. Probably be waiting a while!

Don't be sorry Andy....it is what it is. I've heard it all!! Some pretty greusom stories.....

Also the cemetary.....IF she got that far, she had to have walked RIGHT by it....well probably on the other side of the street. And yes, the cemetaty is RIGHT next to Elm St. right along Central Blvd. I don't know if you can tell that by the maps or any of the docs!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 pm

How far a walk is it from there to BB's ?? Saying that surely she would of rung them??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm

prayerbone wrote:How far a walk is it from there to BB's ??

Ummmm..........I would guess 4 or 5 blocks.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 pm

Sorry i edited that ....Im just thinking would she walk up there , its not BB house the g/parents are away etc wouldnt she ring first...

Its not that much of a stretch that the shoe just got dragged up off from central or dropped....

Cory i'm not saying 100% i know who did this , i just feel uneasy saying that....But it bothers me they havent come forward and been clear about that night if they feel they have nothing to hide...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 pm

anyhow night for real this time hahaha x

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 pm

For real this time Andy????!!! Sleep well!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm

prayerbone wrote:One other point the right shoe was found at elm street by the cemetery , this wasn't the shoe with the blood on , that was found a ways off...

Or maybe i'm totally wrong and the shoe was just dropped there...We need more paperwork grrrrrr lets hope they deliver !!!

The shoe with the blood on it could be the one that remained on her foot and perhaps found later when trunk was cleaned out after body had been disposed of. Bloody shoe was then thrown away elsewhere, not to be found in trunk of perpetrator's car. Right shoe could have been knocked off when struck by speeding car.

Cory, did they do tests on car for blood? Was headlight repaired when car was inspected? Did anyone inspect roadway or nearby area where right shoe was found? Are there houses near this area? If so did anyone hear anything that night, screaching tires, etc?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:04 pm

I often wondered if the shoe wasn't "planted" there....the one at the cemetary. ??

They took his car in but I don't know what was all done to it.
Don't know much about the headlight.
I remember driving through town (Denise driving my car as I was on meds) and looking over at the cemetary and thought it was odd that the Chief was there in the middle of the cemetary...seems like he was standing there talking to someone. Must have been the Meserle guy who found the shoe. We started to pull in there and he motioned us out. I'm sure they inspected the roadway where her shoe was found. Oh, wait a minute, right shoe?? See, how sad, I don't even know which shoe was found at the cemetary and which one was found on Hudson Ridge? Pathetic aren't I????
There are houses there....there was a long apt building right next to the cemetary. To the best of my knowledge noone heard anything that night.??
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:18 pm

by laga Today at 7:58 pm

OOPS, I posted on the wrong thread and was adked to repost my thoughts here. I am new to this story and find it is drawing me in. I check often to find out any new info. I am sure I am not the first to think of this, but if the timeframe is accurate to a reasonable degree, it leaves a very small window for the boyfriend to commit a murder and dispose of the body alone. Is it possible he hit her with his car (possibly by accident), maybe he was even trying to drive off as she was attempting to get in? Seeing what has happened, he panics and puts her in his trunk, phones his Dad. Dad says meet me, they swap cars, Dad disposes of body, boyfriend drives around in Dad's car pretending to look for her thereby giving himself an alibi. When Dad is finished, they swap back, Dad goes home, boyfriend drives around more, smokes weed to calm his nerves, weed he got from Kristen. ?????

Laga, this is how I think the scenario could have played out! You have been keeping up with this case! 👍
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:23 pm

by Cory Today at 9:04 pm

I often wondered if the shoe wasn't "planted" there....the one at the cemetary. ??

And to think about Laga's statement above, I can kind of imagine who could of planted it.. I mean, if it in theory was in fact planted there, and of course this is all hypothetical, but if it was then... do any of you really think a teenage boy would think of that??

Also, Cory, I have unfortunately seen or think I know where Leah's poor little innocent body was found, and from what I remember, there are a few houses out there, in fact, and it's been YEARS since I have been out that road, but from what I remember I thought it was at a corner of a road the intersects with Lee Valley Road and wasn't there houses right across the street with long driveways? I am correct, or is my mind thinking of sothing else?? And again I am sorry to bring up these details, as I can only imagine what pain it must bring to you!

Love to you Cory
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:
by Cory Today at 9:04 pm

And to think about Laga's statement above, I can kind of imagine who could of planted it.. I mean, if it in theory was in fact planted there, and of course this is all hypothetical, but if it was then... do any of you really think a teenage boy would think of that??

Also, Cory, I have unfortunately seen or think I know where Leah's poor little innocent body was found, and from what I remember, there are a few houses out there, in fact, and it's been YEARS since I have been out that road, but from what I remember I thought it was at a corner of a road the intersects with Lee Valley Road and wasn't there houses right across the street with long driveways? I am correct, or is my mind thinking of sothing else?? And again I am sorry to bring up these details, as I can only imagine what pain it must bring to you!

Love to you Cory

Maybe not a teenage boy would think of that but a "helper" sure might!

It's a little ways from houses. And no, it isn't at the intersection. It's like a mile down Lee Valley Road. No houses in visible site from where her body was.
Don't be sorry Mommy.......It's what we have to do. If we don't discus it, we won't know anything. I'm ok with it. Really. You can't even begin to imagine how many times I have gone over this!!!! I'm ok..... :D
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 pm

That makes me feel better Cory Big Hug !

Figures I had my vision all wrong. I know I have see the spot though, but I haven't been out that road in years, so you can only imagine my memory would be off.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:That makes me feel better Cory Big Hug !

Figures I had my vision all wrong. I know I have see the spot though, but I haven't been out that road in years, so you can only imagine my memory would be off.

I haven't been out there in a while either! Last time I was out there it had all changed..........it is years later.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:33 pm

Cory, Is Denise SURE about the boyfriend's 9:30 visit to Dennys or could it have been later, like 11:00? I think I read that you said she said he only came in once? The posted timeline has 2 visits.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 am

laga wrote:Cory, Is Denise SURE about the boyfriend's 9:30 visit to Dennys or could it have been later, like 11:00? I think I read that you said she said he only came in once? The posted timeline has 2 visits.

No laga. She's not positive. She REMEMBERS one time. Like she said to me, "You're talking about 9 years Mom"!!!!!! Remember, Denise is Leah's older sister and still has a very hard time talking about Leah, and especially the events that aparently ocurred that night. She is devastated still today because she CANNOT even remember the last thing her and Leah said to one another. Denise also doesn't attend vigils .... she is one who mourns Leah in her own way. I have to let Denise be Denise as I wouldn't want anyone to tell Me how to mourn. She did give out the Scholarship one year....I was there, and it nearly dropped me. I sat out there in the audience and watched that girl get up in front of a crowd of people, with her lip quivering uncontrollably, alagator tears streaming down her face, and barely managed to get the word out as to who the recipient of the scholarship was. It was then that I decided to never ask her do it again. My heart could NOT bare to watch that again.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 am

Hi guys havent read everything yet just checking in haha...

Briefly checking i can see your all talking post 9.15 now... I think thats right , we seemed to of pretty much exhausted up to 9.15 ( other then BB girl friend and Kristen ;-) wouldnt mind asking them a few questions)..

The shoe at the cemetery was the right shoe ,, the left with blood spatter was found by Officer Oswald up at Hudson Ridge on a dirt rd by some power lines which is located in Fairview area...Seems to me theres a trail showing the movement of Leah then the pos that did this

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:31 am

Just want to clarify some stuff with Cory...

Headlights :

1) As there ever been any indication visually or verbally that the headlight/front wing was damaged other then the bulb was broken? And if there was ,was it b4 the 28 th ...

Because people seem to be thinking it was damaged that night can you clear this up??

2) Maybe we can get help from people in the know here..But if a person is hit by a car , surley the police will know??? Either the person or the car would indicate this??? I know they checked the car late around the hmmm 7 July ,but surely CSi (im not going all hollywood on ur) would see some blood on that car..

3) the shoe as anyone ever even confirmed the blood was leah's???? The blood on the sole seems odd...

Last edited by prayerbone on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:36 am

Laga could you read the pdf files to see how it reads to you??Its a important part of the evening...Because if NM said "ive got to go , someones in the car" at 9.30 we can bet its Kristen...The police notes are odd , in one instance there critizing NM for saying he didnt tell them he had someone in the car while looking for Leah at this time , but in the next breath saying NM did say BB was in the car at 11pm infuriating grrrrrrrr

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:53 am

Hi Andy!

1. No. All I know is the headlight was supposedly out that night. The only damage to the car before the 28th was the rear panel was dented.

2. Well you would certainly think the police would know if she were hit by "that" car. ....Why was the trunk cleaned so well and repainted?? I believe I heard repainted...is that in the reports??? Cause if not, I was told that by someone.

3. Ah ha! Great question! To me it seems almost as though it HAD to be Leah's blood on the shoe. Otherwise who's else would it be? Surely that has been looked into.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:55 am

How can us knowing cause of death damage the enquiry?? Its 2009????

I know theres nuts out there who bug the police and holding back info can help eliminate people..So yeah we dont need the details just a simple cause..

Now i think of it doesn't the blood splatter imply its not a car impact ??? The pdf file states its a Medium to High Velocity which occurs when and object such as a club or bullet moving at a fast speed strikes an object which contains blood..

Last edited by prayerbone on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am; edited 3 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:57 am

Never ever read that the boot was resprayed...

I guess it as to be her blood , for a while i thought maybe Leah kicked out , but that doesnt tally with the Crime Lab info above..

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:59 am

Cory what would be the benfit of planting the shoe there??

Last edited by prayerbone on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:02 am

Ok Cory basically i seem to be differing from the group at this section...

I don't see a car "accident" i see Leah having a confrontation outside or inside the car then driving off somewhere , hence the need to cover up any evidences in the boot...

I could easly be wrong , but i think the car accident theroy , to me would be pretty clear cut evidence wise on the car and Leah jmo

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 am

I am assuming thta the cause of death would be something only the killer and the Police know...maybe something important about the COD is "different" and they need to protect that in order to know they have the right person or persons. JMO.

prayerbone wrote:How can us knowing cause of death damage the enquiry?? Its 2009????

I know theres nuts out there who bug the police and holding back info can help eliminate people..So yeah we dont need the details just a simple cause..

Now i think of it doesn't the blood splatter imply its not a car impact ??? The pdf file states its a medium to High Velocity which occurs when and object such as a club or bullet moving at a fast speed strikes an obect which contains blood..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:06 am

prayerbone wrote:Cory what would be the benfit of planting the shoe there??

To throw off LE
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:08 am

....also...remember we are talking teenage suspects. The "murder" could completely be an "accident"...the first and only thing on their minds would be to stay out of trouble...not get caught...etc. The stupid thing is that if it were an "accident"... whom ever did this would have already been punished and done with it by now...Cory would have closure..and the incident would have been HORRIBLE....but dealt with. It's all so frustrating. I am so sorry Cory that you have to live with this day in and day out. Love you~
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 am

treaves wrote:I am assuming thta the cause of death would be something only the killer and the Police know...maybe something important about the COD is "different" and they need to protect that in order to know they have the right person or persons. JMO.

Yeah i understand details being out there could be problematic ,, but just the basic cause??

Man it would have to be an unsual death , if just the cause could cause problems

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:29 am

prayerbone wrote:
treaves wrote:I am assuming thta the cause of death would be something only the killer and the Police know...maybe something important about the COD is "different" and they need to protect that in order to know they have the right person or persons. JMO.

Yeah i understand details being out there could be problematic ,, but just the basic cause??

Man it would have to be an unsual death , if just the cause could cause problems

I'm not saying it WAS unusual...just that maybe it is...just my opinion. I have NO knowledge of a cause. Just to make that clear.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Treaves i wasn't trying to imply you did , sorry if it came across that way Big Hug

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:53 am

prayerbone wrote:Hi Treaves i wasn't trying to imply you did , sorry if it came across that way Big Hug

No worries...I just didn't want anyone to think that I have knowledge because of who I am married to. He doesn't tell me anything...unless it's out there and it isn't true...if I ask him he'll say if it's a lie...and then only if it's public information.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:54 pm

by treaves Today at 11:53 am

prayerbone wrote:
Hi Treaves i wasn't trying to imply you did , sorry if it came across that way

No worries...I just didn't want anyone to think that I have knowledge because of who I am married to. He doesn't tell me anything...unless it's out there and it isn't true...if I ask him he'll say if it's a lie...and then only if it's public information.

There has to be some protection on evidence being released to protect a pending investigation, I understand that, I mean look at all the evidence we have seen on the CA case ONLY because of the sunshine law.

What I don't get, is that it has been 9 years and the death Cert Still shows no cause of death due to a pending investigation. It is just so frustrating and sad that we don't even know the cause of death! Get this investigation going again already. a fit
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:11 pm

[quote="Cory"]
laga wrote:Cory, Is Denise SURE about the boyfriend's 9:30 visit to Dennys or could it have been later, like 11:00? I think I read that you said she said he only came in once? The posted timeline has 2 visits.

No laga. She's not positive. She REMEMBERS one time.

Cory, I am so sorry, sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter, sorry for the pain you and your entire family have suffered because of the circumstances surrounding her death and sorry that still after 9 years you still have no real answers and the perpetrator/s has still not been held responsible, sorry you must go over and over the events as you know them. I truly understand and agree that each person must deal with grief in their own way. Denise sounds a little like me and how I deal with loss, sometimes you can almost believe they are just a phone call away and being forced to lose that feeling takes away whatever peace you have somehow mustered.

I tend to believe and trust her memories about the one visit instead of two, it seems to me the LE records are not very clear. If indeed, there was only once he came in to inquire and that time was about 11:00 it makes the timeline a lot more reasonable in my mind.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:24 pm

But Laga if there was only one visited to Dennys at 11ish , that wouldn't explain why the police were surprise that he indicates he had someone in the car...Because they know at 11 NM as stated he had BB in the car

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Thank you laga!

Yeah. I feel I have to let Denise grieve her own way. I don't know what it is like to lose a sister - only a daughter. I just wish she didn't feel like a failure as a sister. She truly loved her.
Believe me.....I believe Denise before ANY officer of the law.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:33 pm

prayerbone wrote:But Laga if there was only one visited to Dennys at 11ish , that wouldn't explain why the police were surprise that he indicates he had someone in the car...Because they know at 11 NM as stated he had BB in the car

Huh??? I'm confused!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:34 pm

The quote "ive got to go , i have someone in the car " and the LE response to it (shown in the pdf) , only makes sence if NM said it at 915-9.30

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Let me try and explain this clearer i will brb lol , i need some notes

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:38 pm

prayerbone wrote:Let me try and explain this clearer i will brb lol , i need some notes

I'm sorry Andy!! I keep re-reading this and it isn't registering!!!! :oops:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Ok anything in red is from the offical records

We know its a fact that NM stated he picked up BB at 11 pm

around 11 PM, he picked up his friend, Brent Bartley; that he and Bartley then drove around Coquille until approximately 2:30 AM of Thursday morning looking for Leah; that they did not find Leah; that he dropped Bartley off;

It then goes on to say :

Chief Reeves has informed me that McGuffin did not tell him about being at Denny's Pizza nor that he had anyone in the car with him during the time he was driving up and down Central looking for Leah. Indeed, the only person McGuffin ever mentioned to Chief Reeves being in his car while he was engaged in searching for Leah was Brent Bartley..

So if NM as stated BB in the car at 11 why is the officer surprised if NM made the quote to Denise at 11 ?...The only reason he would be surprised is if it was made it at 9.15 when NM as never stated anyone was in the car

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Don't laugh at me!!!! Something is wrong with my brain!!!! Why am I not understanding this???

You ready to reach through the screen and slap me??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fight:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:18 pm

Cory
The police are surprised NM said " ive got someone in the car " quote OK?

But the police knew NM had BB in the car by 11 ...

So why would the police be surprised someone in the car IF NM said this at 11 when hes already told them he picked BB up at 11 ??

Last edited by prayerbone on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Ive edited the above to make it as easy as possible

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:25 pm

I get what you are saying...but now I've forgotten why. LOL...sorry. :oops: :idk:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:26 pm

hahahahahaha

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:27 pm

Because this part of the pdf makes no sences >>

13 that on the evening of June 28 she was working at Denny's; that sometime
14 between 9:15 and 9:30 PM, McGuffin came into Denny's and asked Denise
15 Freeman if she had seen Leah; that Denise told McGuffin that she had not seen
16 Leah; that McGuffin left shortly after he came in; returned between 11:00 and
17 11:30 PM; that just before he left, McGuffin told Denise Freeman something to
18 the effect of "I've got to go. I've got someone in the car."

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:30 pm

The police records make it look like he said this at 11 pm and not 9.15 pm ( thats how Chicago read it to)...But it makes no sence that the LE are surprised if thats the case becauses he's already told them he picked BB up at 11 grrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by prayerbone on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next