Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

+11
laga
prayerbone
janie
adelacruz
CritterFan1
ladyjustice37
Juanita
Wrapitup
TerryRose
Cory
mommyof3kids
15 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 10 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:30 pm

The police records make it look like he said this at 11 pm and not 9.15 pm ( thats how Chicago read it to)...But it makes no sence that the LE are surprised if thats the case becauses he's already told them he picked BB up at 11 grrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by prayerbone on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 10 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Seems kinda silly to me that he would return to Denny's at 11:00. That is when they close. The doors should be locked and noone should be able to get in? I'm thinking he was there earlier....not at 11:00.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Cory wrote:Seems kinda silly to me that he would return to Denny's at 11:00. That is when they close. The doors should be locked and noone should be able to get in? I'm thinking he was there earlier....not at 11:00.

Which would totally make sence with the LE being surprised ...But the problems we have 1) the pdf states Denise said he came in two times 2 ) and if he did say this at 9.15 WHO was in the car lol

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:37 pm

With all due respect to the officers and the police dept as a whole, these "documents" we are privy to are merely recollections and a synopsis of sorts, of the interviews. They are NOT transcripts of the interviews and therefore I am not sure of the reliability or even LE's intentions that it be seen as anything more than a general overview for obtaining the search warrants they obtained.

Prayerbone, I understand what you are saying about the time and the surprise of the officer, but why would the boyfriend mention to Leah's sister about having someone in the car if it was another girl, and the 9ish timeframe is not believable to me because of regardless how it happened, we know something happened, just not much time in there. I just feel the sister's memory is more than likely correct. There is plenty of room for a mistake by the officers, a misunderstanding of the facts she gave them or a confusion when writing the "documents" we see. Afterall we have all stated they don't quite make sense. I think he came in only once at 11ish leaving his friend in the car, having done whatever he did (probably with assistance) and told the sister, I gotta go, got someone in the car. He probably wouldn't want to stay too long and give away his nervousness or have her think something was wrong.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:39 pm

no... Who's on first....

LOL...sorry, I couldn't resist. ROFLMAO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Laga is right...it's for the purpose of obtaining the search warrant....we are forgetting that.

I wish there were actually some depositions or interviews we could read.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Laga but we do know he had a girl in that car sometime that night , he even told Cory that the next day..

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Here...let me throw you off a bit more!!!!! :D

If my memory serves me correctly (ok doubtful but!!) Denise didn't normally work until closing (11:00). Her schedule was usually til 9:00 or 10:00. affraid

The only other person I have heard that was in his car that night was Kristen. OR...his helper???

OMG!!! I am more confused now than ever!!!!!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:45 pm

treaves wrote:Laga is right...it's for the purpose of obtaining the search warrant....we are forgetting that.

So basically we have the haystack ,but were not sure the needles even in it ? lol

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:47 pm

prayerbone wrote:
treaves wrote:Laga is right...it's for the purpose of obtaining the search warrant....we are forgetting that.

So basically we have the haystack ,but were not sure the needles even in it ? lol

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Sorry!!! I can't help but laugh!!! moon walking
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:48 pm

The bottom line is we need more documents...

We need some guaranteed times in relationship to events!!!

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:52 pm

prayerbone wrote:Laga but we do know he had a girl in that car sometime that night , he even told Cory that the next day..

yes, he had the girl earlier, that's what I meant when I said why would he tell Leah's sister if it was a girl in the car......writing this just made me wonder something I had not thought of before..why did he tell Leah's mother about the girl, was he afraid others would tell her or was he afraid someone saw him and Leah and did he pick up the girl as cover after and why did he tell Cory about that headlight and being stopped? Many, many questions I could ask.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:53 pm

prayerbone wrote:The bottom line is we need more documents...

We need some guaranteed times in relationship to events!!!

Ok...so does anyone have any ideas as to just where in the h*** I would get more documents???? Every time I ask for more I get told they don't have any that can be released. GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:58 pm

I don't have a clue Cory ...

I would say we need at least NM , BB , Kristen and Denise statement , to compare against are overview of the night....Cause of death would be helpful to , but weve discussed why that wont be forthcoming...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:08 pm

laga wrote:
prayerbone wrote:Laga but we do know he had a girl in that car sometime that night , he even told Cory that the next day..

yes, he had the girl earlier, that's what I meant when I said why would he tell Leah's sister if it was a girl in the car......writing this just made me wonder something I had not thought of before..why did he tell Leah's mother about the girl, was he afraid others would tell her or was he afraid someone saw him and Leah and did he pick up the girl as cover after and why did he tell Cory about that headlight and being stopped? Many, many questions I could ask.

I think you are right laga.....I think he told me about the girl because he was afraid I would find out from someone else. This is a very small town and it doesn't take long for rumors to spread. I think he told me about the headlight so his car wouldn't be used the next day.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Cory...do you have an attorney? Could he make them give more info??? Just wondering. thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:58 pm

OMG! don't get me started on the attorney thing!!! When we hired the (wanna be) P.I., supposedly he had two attorneys from Eugene area - one for a civil suit and one for criminal. Umm....they just kinda disappeared into the woodwork. Looonnnngggg story!
so in other words no I don't have an attorney.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Sheesh Cory you seriously haven't been lucky have you !!!

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Doesn't Denise have the right to her own statement??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 pm

prayerbone wrote:Sheesh Cory you seriously haven't been lucky have you !!!

If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!!! 😢
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:16 pm

butterfly :littleangel:
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:24 pm

CritterFan1 wrote:butterfly :littleangel:

(((CRITTER))) !!!!!!!!!! HI THERE!!!! Booty Big Hug :iluvu:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Trying to get your daughters statement ( or she request it ) , might be the easiest document to get your hands on ???

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:31 pm

I am following this thread. The outpouring of love and support on this thread is amazing.
Group Hug
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:37 pm

prayerbone wrote:Trying to get your daughters statement ( or she request it ) , might be the easiest document to get your hands on ???

That's an idea :idea: I will talk to her about that!! Thanks Andy!! :D
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:40 pm

As this is all so stressful on her , why not email the police chief on how you stand legally about her statement , or maybe you could ask for legal advise about it...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:41 pm

lindamarie wrote:I am following this thread. The outpouring of love and support on this thread is amazing.
Group Hug

I know LM!! :)
By the way....I don't know where that thread went where you were talking about Leah's new Tribute??? I want to thank you and Sassy!! Couple Hugging It's Beautiful and I love it!!!! BlowKisses
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Cory, sorry, I have more questions........was there a court order issued to seal the autopsy results and if so when was it issued, what were their reasons and when does it expire or has it been reissued? Were you not permitted to have a private autopsy performed or did you not consider it?

Again I am sorry to ask you the questions and have you go there..just please know it is not out of curiosity or any other matter except a real desire to help and maybe see you get the resolution you deserve and need.

BTW, we have a "sorta" connection...we share a birthday though you are much younger. :)
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:36 am

Hey laga! Don't be sorry for asking questions - I'm the one who is sorry! I just wish I had the answers for you!! And at this time the only one of those I can answer is whether I was permitted to have a private autopsy performed or did I not consider it....I didn't even think to do that! I'm sorry... thinking

We share a birthday??? chug Oh! I don't drink!!! We shall celebrate our birthdays right here!!!! :coolgirl:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:29 am

I'm just thinking your daughters statement might be easier to get , not sure how easy it would be... If we had it , sure would clear up a few things i.e what time he got there , how long after he had visited SM , exactly what time he had someone in the car etc

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:05 am

Cory...is there something planned for Monday? I want to go with you even if no one else can come. Big Hug

Last edited by treaves on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : what else? SPELLING!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:52 am

Woke up this morning thinking about precious Leah. Every day I pray for answers for Cory and her family!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:27 am

by treaves Today at 10:05 am

Cory...is there something planned for Monday? I want to go with you even if no one else can come.

I wish I could go a fit It\\'s Not Fair !!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:57 am

:goodmorning: Wow! I can't believe it's 9:30 am and I am just getting on here!! Ok, Ok, I slept in this morning!!!!! I hate it when I do that....that's what I get for staying up so late! I have a briefcase full of Leah stuff, and I was rummaging through it last night looking for more paper work.... :sorry: And I'm sorry to say I have no more. While rummaging through the paperwork, I found a bunch of newspaper articles so I trimmed them up and my brief case if much tidier! It was interesting ( sad yes ) to find all those clippings. Many things I don't remember. Like Leah's funeral is fuzzy to me. I'm glad I kept those.....but it's weird......you know this case is getting so old the newspapers are turning brownish and yellowish!!

Andy...you might be right about getting Denise's statement. I will work on that.

treaves - Well remember back to the vigil on June 28? Remember the woman who used to work for KCBY (Our local news station here) who had tried to get some media coverage for the vigil? Well she sent out a packet to the bigger stations (Portland Eugene) telling them I was having a vigil on the day of discovery of her body. To be honest, I am exhaused from all that is going on with Leah's case , but yes I have to do something. It will most likely be a VERY small vigil out Lee Valley around 8:30. She has sent me a few emails lately (that I need to answer!!) but nothing positive on whether any media will be there or not. Yes, the idea is to get the word out there about Leah's case......but more importantly, it is a day to remember the life of Leah Freeman. So honestly, at this point, if I'm the only one there, the "I" will remember her life. But HELL YEAH you are most certainly welcome to come!! I for one would love that!!!
Mommy - You keep stomping your feet up there!! The 10th anniversary (June 28,2010) SHOULD ROCK!!!!!!! And you WILL be there if I have to come get you myself!!!!!!

Critter..........Leah and I love you sooooooo much!! BlowKisses
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:12 pm

Mommy - You keep stomping your feet up there!! The 10th anniversary (June 28,2010) SHOULD ROCK!!!!!!! And you WILL be there if I have to come get you myself!!!!!!

IT's on MY calendar for 2010! I will be there FO SHO!! I'll even bring the whole Fam Damily for even more supporters!!! Muah!!! Couple Hugging
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:04 pm

I have 2 questions - on the blood spatter, medium to high velocity - is that on the sole of the shoe? I can't think of any way that blood spatter can get on the bottom of the shoe unless the shoe was off at this point.

Also, I just want to say one thing, and I know it's in complete disagreement with everyone, but from the outset, I have always thought that when Nick said "I've got to go, I've got someone in the car" that it was actually Leah that he was referring to, and that he already had her in the trunk. I may be WAY off, but that was my initial reaction to reading those words....

Cory, Can Denise recall any patrons that might have been in the parlor that night, or is she still in contact with any co-workers that might have noticed if there was indeed anyone in Nicks car that could be seen sitting/waiting for him?

I did just think of one more thing, and I know this might be a sensitive issue, but when an investigation is "botched" is there no state board that one could go to as a civilian with complaints? Surely the local law enforcement there answers to "higher-ups"...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Also, I just want to say one thing, and I know it's in complete disagreement with everyone, but from the outset, I have always thought that when Nick said "I've got to go, I've got someone in the car" that it was actually Leah that he was referring to, and that he already had her in the trunk. I may be WAY off, but that was my initial reaction to reading those words.

That's not a bad thought Tish... He could well be referring to her body being in the car, but that would seem odd for him to even say something like that if in fact he did have her body in there, I mean, why would he even mention anyone being in his car if he has a body in there?

I think he probably came in at 11:00 and had BB with him. I still, however, want to know why the police report states that he came in the Denny's twice?? That is bizarre.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:15 pm

tish wrote:I have 2 questions - on the blood spatter, medium to high velocity - is that on the sole of the shoe? I can't think of any way that blood spatter can get on the bottom of the shoe unless the shoe was off at this point.

Also, I just want to say one thing, and I know it's in complete disagreement with everyone, but from the outset, I have always thought that when Nick said "I've got to go, I've got someone in the car" that it was actually Leah that he was referring to, and that he already had her in the trunk. I may be WAY off, but that was my initial reaction to reading those words....

Cory, Can Denise recall any patrons that might have been in the parlor that night, or is she still in contact with any co-workers that might have noticed if there was indeed anyone in Nicks car that could be seen sitting/waiting for him?

I did just think of one more thing, and I know this might be a sensitive issue, but when an investigation is "botched" is there no state board that one could go to as a civilian with complaints? Surely the local law enforcement there answers to "higher-ups"...

The idea had stuck me that it could of been Leah he was referring to , but the idea appalled me so much i couldn't get my head round it...Man that would be seriously cold...

Also thinking the times in the pdf files were more or less exact and he did go to Dennys at 9.15-9.30 i couldnt see when he would of had the time to do anything ???? But now i'm not sure if its later yeah maybe it was Leah but sheesh that would be seriously cold

Last edited by prayerbone on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:20 pm

tish wrote:I have 2 questions - on the blood spatter, medium to high velocity - is that on the sole of the shoe? I can't think of any way that blood spatter can get on the bottom of the shoe unless the shoe was off at this point.

Hey Tish!
Yes. The blood splatter was on the bottom of one shoe. I've thought that the shoe must have been off at that time too. As for Leah possibly being in the trunk already when he arrived at Denny's - that is exactly my friends' and my thoughts too. Can you imagine?? Running around with a body in your trunk??? But then, why was there no sign of her being in the trunk????
I'll have to ask Denise about whether she can remember who was working with her that night.
I don't know about a state board that one can go to when a case is botched. We did send a letter to our State Representative. Nothing ever came of it though.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:22 pm

prayerbone wrote:

The idea had stuck me that it could of been Leah he was referring to , but the idea appalled me so much i couldn't get my head round it...Man that would be seriously cold...

Also thinking the times in the pdf files were more or less exact and he did go to Dennys at 9.15-9.30 i couldnt see when he would of had the time to do anything ???? But now i'm not sure if its later yeah maybe it was Leah but sheesh that would be seriously cold

Whoever killed Leah HAD to have been a VERY COLD person!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:07 pm

Of course to murder anyone is cold , i'm not trying to say its not !!

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:02 am

Hi all , if a person feels morally responable for a crime , even though he didn't actually do the crime , would that person fail a polygraph on the question : Did you physically do something that resulted in harm to Leah..

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 am

That is an excellent question prayerbone!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:16 am

throughout my post ive never stated to my knowledge , that i 100% felt NM did the crime , i have stated he 100% knows something about the crime...

But ive been thinking about the drug angle to this case , the police search found various soft drug paraphernalia , your remember i mentioned the modfied broken light bulb points to class A drugs i.e crack or maybe speed...

I can't help feeling theres an element of fear to this crime , if these guys were mixing with the seedier side of life , its very easy for NM and BB to think their "street" till ur in the "street" and then you suddenly realise ur wayyy out of ur depth.

The lack of people coming forward is intriguing i think , the rumor of people being told not to talk , could well point in that direction to??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:19 am

Really good points here!!! Bravo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:21 am

Treaves hi whats that town like?? I get an impression of the "waltons" off the web page lol ....Is there gangs there? Cory posted there was a drug problem there..

Could you fill out the gaps about the town?

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:31 am

Also being English and living in England , you get the impression that someone with a house on a lot of land , is middle to upper middle class...Is that true of NM and BB middle class kids playing at being "street" ???

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:56 pm

prayerbone wrote:Hi all , if a person feels morally responable for a crime , even though he didn't actually do the crime , would that person fail a polygraph on the question : Did you physically do something that resulted in harm to Leah..

no
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:05 pm

laga wrote:
prayerbone wrote:Hi all , if a person feels morally responable for a crime , even though he didn't actually do the crime , would that person fail a polygraph on the question : Did you physically do something that resulted in harm to Leah..

no
Personally I agree with Laga on this one. It seems to me that the opposite can be true...like a person really did the crime, convinced themselves either they did not do it or they were justified in their actions... A person with no moral fiber such as that could pass a poly...
IMO I just do not see it if they were just thinking of hurting someone. This is just my opinion.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:11 pm

prayerbone wrote:Also being English and living in England , you get the impression that someone with a house on a lot of land , is middle to upper middle class...Is that true of NM and BB middle class kids playing at being "street" ???
HI Prayer, I live in a rural area, you will be driving and see a gorgeous farm with a gate, barns, beautiful landscaping. You can drive around a curve just down the road and there might be a single wide trailer out in the middle of a huge field. A lot of family's have an old home place that might even be falling apart, with little houses built on the property as kids got married, etc. Of course there are middle class people everywhere, any town, but land not always an indication of wealth. Not sure about Cory's neck of the woods.
drugs...my rural, small town has crack dealers, an entire street behind the nice part of town where the city even went in and burned the houses of crack dealers. There are soft drugs also.No gangs but the drug dealers can have a criminal history. You may have an angle here on the drugs!!!

Last edited by CritterFan1 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : there not their)
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next