Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

+21
concerned4all
raine1953
jeanne1807
cherylz
misshesitation
lisette
laga
michelle_ellis
mayhem
prayerbone
CritterFan1
Nama
janie
TerryRose
Love4My5boys
Juanita
adelacruz
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
charminglane
Cory
25 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 8 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Bummer, I don't think we will be able to watch live cause per my mother " It's cuz we live in podunkville "!!! This sux!!

mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 8 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by misshesitation Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:11 pm

I hope this is what Cory has been waiting for! JUSTICE!!!
misshesitation
misshesitation

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Oh, I am thrilled to hear the news!!! Prayers and hugs for Cory and her whole family. This is so encouraging!!!

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:35 pm

This is the year - I feel it in my bones!

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Any news will be good news.
Anthing is better than nothing after all this time.

Justice to her dear one! ❤
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Does anyone know what prompted this news conference? New evidence brought to light....or a new cold case team being brought in? Either way, it's all good!

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 pm

I can't find a live feed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Unfortunately there is NO live feed, but the local news paper [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Did a fabulous job keeping us up to date on the Jayme Austin murder and press releases, so keep checking back with them!!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks Mommy. My heart's just racing! Thinking of you sweet Leah! Justice for YOU in 2010!!!

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:53 pm

I am looking for updates since it is not live.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Fingers Crossed
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 pm

nothing yet??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Nothing tish. Can you believe how slow the news is there? They have had an hour to get this out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 8 Empty DA appoints special team in Freeman murder

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Coos County District Attorney R. Paul Frasier and Coquille Police Chief Mark Dannels held a press conference in Coquille, announcing there is new evidence in the Leah Freeman murder case.http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2010/01/25/world_print/doc4b5e2b083a810183661486.txt
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 pm

:bounce: head bang :willy: over reaction
the wait is killing me!!!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:42 pm

thinking
Do they have live 6 pm news that someone can watch and report back on?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Yes they have 5:00 news and I will be sure to post any media coverage they give!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Can you please tell me what time zone they are in?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Pacific West Coast 3 hr difference from the East Coast

it is 3:55 here in Oregon
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 pm

mommy you rock Be back in an hour.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:01 pm

;) wink

Also, did you see my updated post from above? Its really short :roll:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:09 pm

WOO HOO! This is what this case needs! This is what we have all been longing for!!!

Cory, this is Leah's year!! I dedicate the year 2010 to Leah Freeman!!

LOVE YOU CO CO!!! peace Big Hug Couple Hugging
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Yes justice for Leah Freeman in 2010. I am thrilled with this news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Holy Crap!!!!

Happy Dance!!

Cory and her sister must be beyond happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Group Hug

NEW EVIDENCE, NEW TEAM, NEW
INTERVIEWS -- A FANTASTIC start to the new
year!!!!

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

This is wonderful news. I wonder what the new evidence is. Cory, when you're ready and if you can, we'd love a statement from you please.

Congratulations on this fantastic, awesome news!! :cheers:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Wow! What good news!
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Maybe updated DNA technology is the key to the "new evidence"...That "touch DNA" has brought resolution to some that could not be solved before.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:11 pm

I meant to say that the statement about time being a help could point to new technology that has been developed in the past ten years....
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Lisette, I totally get what you meant!

You have to think about how far DNA analysis has become in the past 10 years!! I think that could just be the break this case needed.

I am so glad they are re-investigating this case and bringing fresh new eyes and ears in to re-evaluate all aspects of this case :study: It never hurts to look things over twice!!!

Last edited by mommyof3kids on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 pm

P.S. I have had the same avatar for some time now and think I will keep it that way until Justice for Leah Freeman comes too... well Justice!!!! ;) moon walking
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Check out the massive news after today's press conference (good job Cory!):

KCBY - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Oregonian - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The World - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coquille Community News - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Register-Guard - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KEZI - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:08 am

To Each and EVERY Memeber of VH -

I am absolutely exhausted. Beyond words. What a day! I wish I could tell you all something, but honestly, what was said at the press release is all I know. I am so revitalized over the events of the last two days - words cannot express.

I just couldn't let this night go by without at least posting here. My gratitude for VH is something I can't put into words. Each and every one of you are in my thoughts tonight. You have all contributed so much with your words and I will always and forever remember VH as my "sanity home". I pray to God this site stays up for years to come as without it I would be a total mess. You have all given me hope and strength since the day I joined this site. What an awesome bunch of people you all are. You have listened to my rants and prayed for me and my family since the day we "met". What I am trying to say is THANK YOU ALL FROM THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART. I love each and every one of you.

I go back for questioning again tomorrow morning. It's hard. It's hard to reflect back on the life I once knew - the AWESOME life I had with my precious Leah Nicole. But, this is what I must do. For Leah - of course I will. Because when all is said and done I now believe there is truly hope for Justice For Leah.

Again, I thank you ALL for all you've done to help me in seeking the justice that is so overdue to "Our Precious Leah".

God Bless You All -
Cory

stripper - Sorry! Couldn't resist! (Kathy - I think our STRIPPER will always remind us of each other!!!!)
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:16 am

Cory,

I will keep VH going as long as I am taking a breath, and If I don't, I have already willed it to Linda Marie, BJ and Critter so no worries!!!

I would LOVE to know how Frazier and gang did a complete 180 after all these years. Did they simply pick up the phone and call you to say they have new information?

You have been wonderful at beeing "mum" about it and I bet it's been killing you not to be able to say anything to us. I am so grateful that you have your sister and BIL to help you!!

This IS the year Leah and YOU will finally get the justice and the closure you so need. In the meantime, please know that we are all here for you in any way we can be.

Let's start with a big dance around that pole!!!! stripper stripper stripper stripper
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:12 am

michelle thanks for all those links. I would like to add them to the public Leah threads if that is okay? This is such great news. It lifted my spirit up today to know Leah and Cory will get their justice very soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 am

New evidence is what I was hoping for - and it sounds as though they are confident that they have that - hopefully it won't be long now and we'll see an arrest made, or at the very least a suspect or person of interest named. Cory, I wish that I could have walked this whole road with you - but I'm blessed that I can walk the final mile with you - praying for a quick resolution and justice for Leah AND Cory - stay strong Cory - you've almost made it :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Just a little side note here :)

I think it's cool to post the links to all the latest news on the public thread, but I would feel a little more comfortable if we kept general discussion about this case in the members only thread? Is everyone else ok with that too??
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:17 pm

VERY WELL SAID Tish!!! BlowKisses
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi all going to read the links above, just saw the news on facebook about new leads exciting :bounce: JUSTICE

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi everyone I'M BEYOND EXCITED this is the year !!!!

The talk by Chief Daniels about "time can be a good thing", i agree seems to point towards DNA development over the last decade, i guess DNA is only any good, if the culprit is in the system as well...

I guess we just have to wait now
Group Hug

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:42 pm

HI ANDY!!! Missed ya man!

Good to see you!! :celebration:

Last edited by mommyof3kids on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 pm

lol

Good to see you too...I think the best thing we can do is wait now...Seems like their sitting on some information, which will hopefully come out in the next few weeks, fingers crossed...

I wonder what has spured them on, at least their now calling it a COLD CASE, which is what weve know it is for ages..

Anyhow time to praise where praise is due GOOOOO LE

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:47 pm

So true! I love how they say they are re-opening this case... thinking I thought this has been an open on going investigation this whole time. OK OK, I will shut my pie whole and quit complaining cause we do have to give them credit when credit is due!!

Go get em LE and crack this case so that Leah can finally be set free!! angel
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:Just a little side note here :)

I think it's cool to post the links to all the latest news on the public thread, but I would feel a little more comfortable if we kept general discussion about this case in the members only thread? Is everyone else ok with that too??
I agree
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:Another Map for our thread :)Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 8 Murdjp10
Love the map mommy. you rock
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:27 pm

So do I!! You are our Map Queen.

Need a Map? PM Mommy of 3!!! You Go Girl
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 am

WOW!!!! Sounds like this has been an emotional and hopeful time. Of all times to have computer problems. I am so nervous and excited I am about to cry. I can imagine what a roller coaster Cory has been on.
2010 is Leah's yr!!
Justice for Leah Freeman...finally!
Answers for precious Cory and her family.....about time!! butterfly butterfly butterfly 🐶
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 am

Critter I LOVE your avatar! Is that one of your dogs?
I was wondering where you have been!! I should have called you, darn it, I am soo sorry!

Isn't this the BEST NEWS EVER!! I just knew in my heart that this was going to be Leah's Year!!!!

Thanks LM and Wrap for the TY for the MAP... I can't take full credit for it, as The Oregonian actually created it :oops: But at any rate, it's a darn good one! :)
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Spoke to Cory briefly on P/M, and she just said to say shes fine a bit drained and excited and all cried out at the same time..Her sister's concerned about her being online so much, so shes not ignoring us just trying to keep her family happy about her health...

She will report back with any info she hears ASAP..

Last edited by prayerbone on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:35 pm

prayerbone wrote:Spoke to Cory briefly on P/M, and she just said to say shes fine a bit drained and exciting and all cried out at the same time..Her sister's concerned about her being online so much, so shes not ignoring us just trying to keep her family happy about her health...

She will report back with any info she hears ASAP..
Thanks so much, andy!! ❤
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next