Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

+17
Heike
janie
NiteSpinR
Cory
pookiebear
laga
TerryRose
Turtle
charminglane
lisette
artgal16
raine1953
frogs
cherylz
Nama
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
21 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 10 Empty Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by TerryRose Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 am

Mommyof3kids writes "I actually am starting to warm up to this ol lady"-----

I am experiencing just the opposite reaction that you are. I liked her at first, but I am getting colder now. In her first interview, she says Misty could never hurt a child and loved Haleigh, but in this most recent interview, she says she was jealous of Ron's love for the child and states that as a motive for Misty having killed her. She seems to be like the rest of that family, each of them always betrays the others, and they often get each other into trouble with their comments about each other, and all of them are capable of lying when it suits their own needs, no matter who they hurt with their lies.

TerryRose

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 10 Empty CROSLIN: That`s how my family is.

Post by Nama Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:20 am

by mommyof3kids on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 am She seems to be like the rest of that family, each of them always betrays the others, and they often get each other into trouble with their comments about each other, and all of them are capable of lying when it suits their own needs, no matter who they hurt with their lies.
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: But your brother told police that when he went to the trailer that night that you were supposedly putting Haleigh to bed, you weren`t there. Did you go somewhere that night?

CROSLIN: No, I did not. I did not leave my house at all.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Why did he tell police that you weren`t there?

CROSLIN: Trying to get out of jail. That`s what I think.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So your brother was in jail...

CROSLIN: Yes, he was in jail.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Your own brother would betray you like that?

CROSLIN: That`s how my family is.
:batting practi

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/12/ng.01.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 10 Empty Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Nama Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:22 am

by artgal16 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:14 pm Is anyone watching JVM? They sure done fixed up
grandma Hollers! She probably is only 50 years old.
OK, Im being snarky today!
Yes you are!
:lol!:
HOLLARS, FLORA J
AGE 67
NASHVILLE, TN
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:04 am

I don't know if anyone else will agree with me, but I kind of feel sorry for Misty. Everytime I see her on TV, she reminds me of a young girl who got caught up in this huge murder/drugs "drama". And after hearing GGma Flo's explanation of Misty's parents ("crackheads"), it isn't surprising that she got involved in the drug scene herself. It's sad that at her young age, she had to get into such a mess!!

I don't believe that Misty intentionally set out to murder Haleigh, but I can see how something may have set her off (jealousy over Ron's love for Haleigh, drugs, etc.) and she ended up killing Haleigh & then got her brother & cousin to help dispose of her body. If she did murder Haleigh (intentionally or otherwise), she needs to pay for the crime & do the time. I am definitely more sad for Haleigh in this situation!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:59 am

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/for-members-only-f46/why-i-think-haleigh-is-still-alive-t1920.htm
I would like to direct everyone’s attention to this thread. Please post yes or no on this thread. Thank you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 am

Thanks you girls!!!!!
You all work so hard to satisfy our every wish!!!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:23 am

Rainbow wrote:I don't know if anyone else will agree with me, but I kind of feel sorry for Misty. Everytime I see her on TV, she reminds me of a young girl who got caught up in this huge murder/drugs "drama". And after hearing GGma Flo's explanation of Misty's parents ("crackheads"), it isn't surprising that she got involved in the drug scene herself. It's sad that at her young age, she had to get into such a mess!!

I don't believe that Misty intentionally set out to murder Haleigh, but I can see how something may have set her off (jealousy over Ron's love for Haleigh, drugs, etc.) and she ended up killing Haleigh & then got her brother & cousin to help dispose of her body. If she did murder Haleigh (intentionally or otherwise), she needs to pay for the crime & do the time. I am definitely more sad for Haleigh in this situation!!

Children learn what they live. There appears to be nobody in Misty's life that taught her how to live a good life. I also have felt somewhat sorry for her (as not much more than a child herself during this time), but the one that touches my heart the most besides Haleigh has been and continues to be Crystal.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28 am

Speaking of Crystal here is the latest myspace post.

Status and Mood crystal sheffield My heart is just tour up as to why or how people can wait this long to say something. Burn in hell you sick individuals.
Mood: sad/pissed Posted at 12:21 AM Apr 18 crystal sheffield

HaLeigh my baby Mommy is not giving up hope. I want more than just a bunch of liers say that you are gone, prove it to me. I Love You bug
Mood: sad/pissed

http://www.myspace.com/crystalsheffield
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 am

I think Gma Hollars could end up with her own show at this point. It seems JVM and many are hanging on her every word. I have to agree w/Terry Rose. What changed her mind about Misty?

I do think she is letting the cat out of the bag on many things though. Like the fact that Misty's parent's are/were crack heads. And how Misty was trying to get letters to Ron.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 10 Empty No human remains found in Haleigh search

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:55 am

Published: Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 9:42 p.m.

Despite recent broadcast reports to the contrary, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday that investigators combing the St. Johns River last week in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings uncovered alligator toenails, teeth and other "biological" items - but no human remains.

Maj. Gary Bowling said many items considered biological were found last week during a search of the river's dark waters near Shell Harbour Road. However, he said, officials with the C.A. Pound Human Identification Lab at the University of Florida "identified everything that was biologic as not human."

The analysis of other items taken from the river for examination, which investigators have declined to elaborate on, could take weeks, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Asked how officers reached the decision that this was now a homicide case, Bowling said, "It's a lot of information over the last few weeks. None of us believe we are looking for an alive child anymore."

But he said officials also have not told family members to "prepare for a funeral."

Various news reports have said Haleigh's family was told to make funeral arrangements.

"We would never tell them something as cold-hearted as prepare for a funeral," he said, adding that the family would be told if the girl were found.

Ann Dugger, executive director of the Justice Coalition, said the organization has been in touch with Haleigh's family.

"We advocate for the innocent victims of violent crime. We will be there to advocate for them in any way that they need us," she said.

"Until they have enough evidence to know she is not alive, they will not go forward with a funeral," Dugger said.

Dugger also said the group continues to receive calls from the community about Haleigh.

Maj. Gary Bowling said many items considered biological were found last week during a search of the river's dark waters near Shell Harbour Road. However, he said, officials with the C.A. Pound Human Identification Lab at the University of Florida "identified everything that was biologic as not human."

The analysis of other items taken from the river for examination, which investigators have declined to elaborate on, could take weeks, according to the Sheriff's Office.

"We just took a bunch of things," Bowling said. "We took anything that could potentially be anything."

Internet and cable broadcast reports as recent as Wednesday morning suggested police last week had showed one of the key players in the Satsuma girl's disappearance human bones - possibly of Haleigh - in an effort to break the case. Other public speculation has suggested items recovered in the search included materials used to dispose of a body.

Following the river search, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy announced that the case now was considered a homicide.

Haleigh was 5 when she was reported missing from her home while her father, Ronald Cummings, was at work and she was under the care of his ex-girlfriend Misty Croslin. The child was last seen Feb. 9, 2009.

Since then Croslin, her brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., and Haleigh's father have been arrested and remain jailed on unrelated drug-trafficking charges.

Investigators brought Misty Croslin to the search site last week. A statement released Wednesday by the Sheriff's Office said Misty Croslin would have seen the biological items found during the search.

"Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress," the statement reported.

James Werter, an attorney for Tommy Croslin, said his client took a polygraph earlier this month and met last week with representatives from several law enforcement agencies as well as private investigator Steven Brown. Information he provided after months of investigation led to the river search, Brown has said.

Asked how officers reached the decision that this was now a homicide case, Bowling said, "It's a lot of information over the last few weeks. None of us believe we are looking for an alive child anymore."

But he said officials also have not told family members to "prepare for a funeral."

Various news reports have said Haleigh's family was told to make funeral arrangements.

"We would never tell them something as cold-hearted as prepare for a funeral," he said, adding that the family would be told if the girl were found.

Ann Dugger, executive director of the Justice Coalition, said the organization has been in touch with Haleigh's family.

"We advocate for the innocent victims of violent crime. We will be there to advocate for them in any way that they need us," she said.

"Until they have enough evidence to know she is not alive, they will not go forward with a funeral," Dugger said.

Dugger also said the group continues to receive calls from the community about Haleigh.

"The Justice Coalition joins the community in uplifting this family in prayer for strength and courage for this journey. We get calls all the time asking how they are doing, what's going on with the case, how can we help, what can we do," she said.

Werter said he had no additional information on the case regarding his client.

Attorneys for Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin could not be immediately reached by phone Wednesday.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100422/ARTICLES/4221048/1002?p=3&tc=pg
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 am

I knew it!

Is anyone else seriously starting to doubt that anything they found in that River from that search is of any good in solving this case? I think NOT!

I seriously think that Misty and Tommy wanted a Day out of jail and somehow managed to get their way!

Makes me sick! crap
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 am

mommy it may be weeks before any of the testing is complete. Don't give up yet. I believe none of what I read or hear anymore. The one thing we know is this is no longer a missing person case. It is a homicide case and LE has their reasons for not telling everything they know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks LM for your encouraging words! You can tell how frustrated I am, cant you?

I think I just get tired of waiting for answers, just like Leah's case... I am ready for Justice for all of these girls!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am

crying angel
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Indeed the details that have definitely not been 'shot down' is the fact they changed it to a homicide investigation. They DO have info we do not, there IS a reason they are searching that river wether they find it or not....Haleigh is gone from us, and someone told them something that assured them of that, even if we never hear it ourselves
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Crystal's Myspace--

"This feels like a dream, I wish it was and I would wake up. My heart has been ripped right out of my chest, but like I said prove it to me." Mood: Still have hope (sad)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Sassybtsweet wrote:Crystal's Myspace--

"This feels like a dream, I wish it was and I would wake up. My heart has been ripped right out of my chest, but like I said prove it to me." Mood: Still have hope (sad)

Am I they only one who reads "Prove it to me" as an implication that none of Haleigh's remains/bones were shown to Crystal as proof of death? I think she'd be certain of her pain if there was something of Haleigh recovered from the water.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 pm

No nitespinr your not the only one. However something besides lies changed this to a homicide investigation. Denial is a powerful emotion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:45 pm

The showing of the animal bones was the ruse I think.
I just do not understand LE telling the family that Haleigh is dead. That is very unusual as most of the time they let the family continue to hope as long as there is no solid evidence of demise. I just dont get it.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:56 pm

artgal I really believe there is something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:03 pm

I just don't see any reason for LE to tell the family to plan Haleigh's funeral except to see how a suspect or suspects react to that statement. If they had some recent evidence that they thought would indicate that Haleigh is dead, then they would either tell the family this (we have evidence that is very indicative of Haleigh's death) or they would wait to say anything to the family until it was confirmed. IMO, they just wanted to see the reaction(s) to further help them with their investigation. If they have resorted to these tactics, it's not looking too good for solving the case. Heck, charge 'em all. They all have some culpability.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:07 pm

No, but they didn't tell the family to plan a funeral...that was just hearsay. LE denied that claim.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:13 pm

LE denies a lot of things. I think leaks get out and LE is doing their best to protect the case. So some of you think LE reclassified this to make people squirm? I don't. LE is not denying HaLeigh is deceased.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Oh no, I think they have evidence that Haleigh is no longer with us.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:20 pm

I agree they have something. This is how I feel about NG and her bombshells la la la la la la la la la
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Haleigh Cummings Update - Bones And Police Taxis
Posted on April 21st, 2010
by Simon Barrett

It was reported incorrectly on HLN last night that skeletal remains of Haleigh Cummings had been located. I can not blame Art Harris he was not the one to make the claim, rather it was Nancy Grace. Art however did little to rectify the situation, so they both sit with a good deal of egg on their faces.

I contacted the PCSO for clarification and Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood sent me back a rather nebulous reply. I apparently was not the only press organization that picked up on the story, and today the PCSO issued a press communique that is crystal clear:

Date: April 21, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous inquiries regarding the recovery of the skeletal remains of missing 5 year-old Haleigh Cummings. A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all “biological” items that were recovered as being non-human. Additionally, Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.

In an effort to prevent this false information from impeding our investigation, Sheriff Hardy wants to quell these rumors so we can maintain our focus on the criminal investigation.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood

Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

It is bad enough that the Croslin’s, Cummings, and Sheffield clans are throwing each other under the bus, it now seems that journalists are joining them. Boy it must be getting busy under that bus!It was also reported that Misty Croslin and her brother Tommy Croslin shared a ride, a 40 minute opportunity to say hi, and catch up on old times. This is rubbish. Grade A rubbish! My sources are saying that Tommy was taken to the site on different days. At no time did they share a ride.

What is happening on HLN is a re-enactment of Irving Wallace’s very fine 1982 novel The Almighty. We are having news manufactured. Ratings are everything! Why bother with the facts when fiction is available? Did the search team find a Blue Ice Chest that contained Haleigh Cummings bones? No, the ice chest belonged to the cops. It was what they used as part of the evidence collection process.

Of course this minor issue escaped the quality control folks, so Art Harris and Nancy Grace run with it. This is BOMBSHELL, no it is not. I know in my heart that Nancy Grace is well meaning, but, I think it is likely time that she takes a long hard look at her sources.

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/124367
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Prove it to me. Prove it to me. PROVE it to me.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:55 pm

I think I am going crazy. I actually find grandma credible! Imagine that.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 10 Empty The Deuling Grandmothers on Nancy Grace, Thurs., 04/22/10

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:11 pm

GRACE: Joining us right now, two very special guests. Out of Nashville, Tennessee, Flora Hollars. This is Misty and Tommy Croslin`s grandmother. They called her from behind bars and gave their accounts of what happened the night Haleigh apparently was murdered.

Also with us, Annette Sykes, joining us exclusively. This is Haleigh`s great-grandmother. She was there at the home just hours before Haleigh disappeared.

First to you, Ms. Sykes. What did you observe in the home that evening?

ANNETTE SYKES, HALEIGH`S GREAT-GRANDMOTHER: I stopped by about 7:30 to drop off some laundry that I had done. I always did the children`s laundry just because it`s something I`ve always done. And the children were on the front porch with Misty. They were eating supper. And when we drove up, Haleigh jumped out of her chair and come running up and gave me a hug. And Junior came out and gave me a hug, and I gave them a kiss. And Misty walked out. She helped carry some of the clothes into the house and got the children`s shirts on, and they got back up to eat supper. I gave them a kiss, told them good-bye, and I got back in the car and left.

GRACE: So all along, Ms. Sykes, Misty Croslin has told us that that evening she spent that evening doing laundry, doing the kids` laundry. So that`s not true. You did the laundry?

SYKES: She did hers and Ronald`s and the household laundry, but I did the children`s clothes because I didn`t like them -- I didn`t like them to have stains or anything on them. I`m real -- I just always did their laundry, the children`s laundry. They did their own...

GRACE: And at that time...

SYKES: ... the adults` and the household laundry.

GRACE: And at that time, Ms. Sykes, Ronald Cummings was already at work?

SYKES: Yes. Absolutely.

GRACE: OK. So he`s out of the picture. Ms. Sykes, I know that by now, you are aware that Ms. Hollars, who is Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin`s grandmother -- she`s the one, one of ones, that called police, that ended up mounting this search of the St. John`s River -- really believes that Ronald Cummings, your grandson, is partially at fault. What`s your response?

SYKES: I heard what she said on your show about Ronald being responsible because he left the children with her and she was all strung out. But I was there, and she was not strung out. I mean, she was walking and talking just -- I mean, I talked to her. Like I said, she helped me carry the laundry in. She had fixed supper for the children. They were eating.

HOLLARS: I have a question for you. Why didn`t Teresa take those kids home with her when Misty offered to pay for her to take her home?

SYKES: I was not aware that she did.

HOLLARS: She most certainly did.

GRACE: OK, hold on just a moment. Ms. Hollars, where are you getting that information?

HOLLARS: I got that information from every one of them in Florida. All my kids down there knew that.

GRACE: So that came from Misty Croslin?

HOLLARS: It came from Misty. It also came from her mama. And it also...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, wait, stop. Who was there when she asked Ms. Neves to take the children?

HOLLARS: That I don`t know.

GRACE: Well, what other people may tell you that weren`t there really doesn`t account for anything. But Ms. Hollars, I want to go back over your assertion about what Misty told you, what Tommy Croslin told you from behind bars. Ms. Hollars, now I understand that you believe there`s a scenario in which little Haleigh was molested before she was murdered.

HOLLARS: I feel like that.

GRACE: Why?

HOLLARS: I just don`t know, but that`s what I think.

GRACE: Isn`t it true that there has been a scenario put out there, and it had to come from behind bars, that Misty Croslin heard the child in the next room screaming?

HOLLARS: Yes.

GRACE: Where did that come from.

HOLLARS: So did little Junior hear the couch bouncing.

GRACE: And my question is, where did that story come from?

HOLLARS: It came from Misty.

GRACE: What did she say?

HOLLARS: That she heard Haleigh in there crying.

GRACE: And who was in the room with Haleigh?

HOLLARS: I`m going to say Joe or Tommy, one.

GRACE: Or both?

HOLLARS: Or both.

GRACE: And what, if anything, did Misty Croslin do to take care of Haleigh?

HOLLARS: According to what she told me when all this was going on, she`d already had been threatened by Joe, and she grabbed Junior and got into bed, and they covered up their heads completely. And when she took the covers off of her head, Haleigh was gone.

GRACE: To Ms. Sykes, Annette Sykes.

SYKES: Yes?

GRACE: This is Haleigh Cummings`s great-grandmother. That`s the first time I have heard that scenario over the airwaves. What is your response? She would stay there with a sheet over her head while a child screamed in the next room.

SYKES: That`s the first time I`ve ever heard that. I`ve never heard that before. I was not aware of that. I`ve not ever heard that story before. I really don`t know. I -- it`s -- I mean, I don`t see how anybody could do that, if it`s true. But I don`t know. I`ve not ever heard that story before. I`ve heard so many stories. We all have. And you never know what to believe anymore. My thing is that they`re going to have to prove to me anything that they tell me. If they want me to believe it, they`re going to have to prove it.

GRACE: Ms. Sykes, what do you think of them searching -- the police searching the St. John`s River?

SYKES: Well, evidently, they had some tip. Somebody called them. And they were down there searching. And I went down there early that morning and didn`t -- you know, they wouldn`t tell me anything. And I wasn`t -- I knew what they were searching -- you know, I knew they were looking for something participating (SIC) to Haleigh, but I didn`t really know what.

HOLLARS: I was the one that called you and told you that.

SYKES: Yes, she did. Ms. Hollars called me and told me -- she certainly did -- that she had called down here and told them what Tommy had told her. And Teresa and I went and -- over to that area and walked around all afternoon and looked in the woods over there. But of course, we didn`t find anything.

GRACE: Everyone, we are going to break...

SYKES: And then the next morning...

GRACE: ... and we are taking your calls live. But a special thank you to our FaceBook crime fighters, Kansas friend Candace, pregnant with twins, Virginia friend Yvonne, a legal secretary, and Ohio friend Nora, who checks in every night on FaceBook. FaceBook friends, thank you.

Everybody, submit your photos at CNN.com/nancygrace and then click on FaceBook.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: What scenario do you believe unfolded? What do you think happened that night?

RONALD CUMMINGS, HALEIGH`S FATHER: How (EXPLETIVE DELETED) could you let my daughter get stole (EXPLETIVE DELETED)!

HOLLARS: Exactly what Misty told me, that the rope and the cinderblocks and...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. But right now, calling in from Cape Cod is Timmy Croslin`s wife, Chelsea Croslin, who was living near Satsuma the night little Haleigh went missing. Chelsea Croslin, thank you for calling.

CHELSEA CROSLIN, MISTY`S SISTER-IN-LAW (via telephone): Yes? Hi.

GRACE: Yes...

CHELSEA CROSLIN: Nancy?

GRACE: Hi, dear. Thank you for calling. Where were you that night, Chelsea?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: I was at my home the night that Haleigh went missing.

GRACE: Chelsea, what do you make of all the scenarios -- Chelsea, you need to cut your television off, if you can, or down.

CHELSEA CROSLIN: Yes, I went upstairs. I`m sorry.

GRACE: Thank you, dear. OK, back to Chelsea Croslin. This is Timmy Croslin`s wife calling us tonight from Cape Cod. She was living in the Satsuma area the night Haleigh went missing. Chelsea Croslin, what do you make of Tommy Croslin and Misty Croslin, really, their jailhouse confessions they gave to their grandmother?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: For one, I don`t believe that they gave their grandmother jailhouse confessions at all. I think if they did, it would be on tape. I believe that arrests would have already been made. Our family, everybody has been -- you know, not us, but Tommy, Misty, Joe has all been taken in for their interrogations. I don`t believe that -- anything that Flo Hollars is saying I think is a complete lie. I don`t -- I do not see Misty sitting there and listening to her baby cry. I mean, not biological baby, but we loved that child just as much as I love my own. and she would have never let that happen. She would have not sat there and done that. I mean, she could have just easily...

GRACE: But Chelsea Croslin, why would Ms. Hollars make up a lie about her own flesh and blood?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: Ms. Hollars has not been around our family for the last seven years that I have been with the Croslins.

HOLLARS: You lie. LOL, this lady cracks me up!!!

CHELSEA CROSLIN: I have met Flo Hollars maybe two times. She is not involved in our family. So I don`t know why she would want to hurt and implicate three of her grandchildren. It`s just very sad that she would do that.

GRACE: Ms. Hollars, what`s your response to that?

HOLLARS: My response to that is why did she tell me the road to tell them to go at?

GRACE: Repeat?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: Well, Nanny, you -- Nanny, you were the one that said, Where do you want searched? And I said I wanted 309, not specifically a dock -- I said 309 because I got a letter from Misty stating that Joe might have had -- or Joe was the involving party. So from there, I called the detective, Kay Sangelica (ph), the head detective on the case. I told them about it.

HOLLARS: And so did I. And so did I.

CHELSEA CROSLIN: He did not follow up with it. So then from there, I asked Leonard Padilla. Leonard Padilla, will you help me fund a search? Because I don`t have money myself, and my goal in life is to find Haleigh. That`s all that matters to us.

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Wait, wait, wait, wait! Back to Chelsea Croslin. What did you tell police where they should search?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: I told them that Joe, when he was staying in Satsuma with us -- I lived in Crescent City, a little bit farther, but it`s all in the same area. He stayed at Tommy`s house for a few days until him and Ronald had had that falling out regarding the gun that he had stolen that was recovered. From there, he went and stayed at Lisa and Hank`s house. There was a car accident and Hank was airlifted off to Gainesville. I`m talking about Hank, senior.

GRACE: So are you saying that you believe Joe Overstreet is involved in Haleigh`s disappearance?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: I do believe Joe Overstreet is involved in the disappearance. I don`t know if Joe is the one that actually did do the harm and killed her, or whatever this horrible news that`s out there.

GRACE: But wait a minute. Chelsea, there`s only three choices, Overstreet, Misty Croslin or Tommy Croslin.

CHELSEA CROSLIN: There`s not just three stories, Nancy. I believe -- you know, there`s many more things, too. Like, what happens -- what happens if Haleigh overdosed because there was loose pills laying around in that house? And I don`t care what anybody says...

HOLLARS: No, there wasn`t.

CHELSEA CROSLIN: ... because I know for a fact there was.

GRACE: OK, hold on. Hold on. Just a moment. Hold on. Out to the lawyers, Richard Herman, you`ve got the whole family basically giving a scenario that implicates their own three family members.

RICHARD HERMAN, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: It`s incredible, Nancy. And the caller is right. I mean, these are jailhouse phone calls. They`ve been recorded. Law enforcement has listened to them.

GRACE: So?

HERMAN: I`d like to know...

GRACE: I already know that!

HERMAN: Right, but then they would have acted (ph) months ago. They wouldn`t just have acted now immediately off of Ms. Hollars`s phone call. I want to know, does she have any contracts with any newspapers or any tabloids?

GRACE: No.

HERMAN: That`s what I want to know.

GRACE: Good try, Richard. Good try, Richard.

HERMAN: Ask her.

GRACE: OK. Fine. Ms. Hollars, do you have a contract or a deal with a newspaper, radio or TV? Have you made any money off this story?

HOLLARS: I have not made a penny off this story. I have told exactly what those two kids has told me. And if none of them down there don`t like it, they can kiss where the sun don`t shine!

(LAUGHTER)

GRACE: OK, we`ll just cut out on that. And very quickly, Peter Odom?

PETER ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, Nancy, if all this is made up, why is it that the police appear to be finding things in the river?

GRACE: And Eleanor?

ELEANOR ODOM, PROSECUTOR: I hate to agree with a defense attorney, but yes, that`s true. There`s an air of truth to it, and it`s being corroborated.

GRACE: Very quickly, to Dr. Michael Bell, Palm Beach County chief medical examiner. Weigh in on whether you would expect to find Haleigh`s remains if they had been thrown in the river.

DR. MICHAEL BELL, PALM BEACH COUNTY CHIEF MEDICAL EXAMINER: Well, that`s a good question. Quite frankly, if they don`t find them, I wouldn`t be surprised. I think it depends on how far they want to search. But certainly, they may find bones.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: First thing that I was told was that Joe had killed her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: WJXT is reporting that two cinderblocks have been pulled during that massive search in the St. John`s River.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Without a body, the case against Haleigh`s killer may have to be built entirely on circumstantial evidence.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: What led you to change your mind? You first insisted to me several weeks ago no way was Misty remotely involved. But then you changed your mind and you yourself called police.

HOLLARS: Yes, I did. I changed my mind when I put two and two together that she knowed where to go to at the river. She`s involved.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: To Richard Herman, defense attorney, New York. Richard, why do you say things like, Maybe Flora Hollars is getting paid? Now, I want to see Herman! That`s so irresponsible to just throw something out there like that!

HERMAN: It`s not irresponsible, Nancy.

GRACE: She could be a witness at trial.

HERMAN: No.

GRACE: She`s not getting paid! Paid by who, me?

HERMAN: Ms. Sykes -- Ms. Sykes...

GRACE: She`s not.

HERMAN: Ms. Sykes completely obliterated her statement that Misty was wrecked that night that he left her there with the baby. Come on! There`s no credibility to what Ms. Hollars is saying. She`s just babbling, getting her two minutes of fame right now.

GRACE: No, that`s not true...

HERMAN: That`s what`s going on here.

GRACE: ... because Eleanor Odom, she is repeating -- you know what? Here`s the deal. Police have all these phone calls recorded so this is going to ultimately be settled when those tapes are played, bottom line.

ELEANOR ODOM: Exactly, Nancy. And maybe Ms. Sykes didn`t see her under the influence of anything while she was there, but that doesn`t mean that Misty didn`t go and get high later on that evening.

GRACE: I didn`t know you and Misty were on a first-name basis, Eleanor.
WTH is NG's problem? What are we suppose to call her, "the girlfriend turned stepmother?" OMG, she gets on my nerves!

(LAUGHTER)

GRACE: I hear you, Herman. Odom, weigh in.

PETER ODOM: Nancy, I agree with Richard. You have to ask these questions because...

GRACE: Oh, so...

PETER ODOM: ... her testimony is going to be subject...

GRACE: ... second verse same as the first.

PETER ODOM: ... great scrutiny, and it would be irresponsible not to ask these questions.

GRACE: You know what?

PETER ODOM: What is her possible motivation?

GRACE: You two -- you, Peter Odom, you, Richard Herman, the two weak sisters of the legal panel tonight because you`re coming up -- you`re just making stories up, like Hollars got paid.

Bethany Marshall, weigh in.

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST: I don`t think this is a story a grandmother would make up about her grandchildren.

GRACE: I don`t, either.

MARSHALL: I think the story -- the story about the boys in the other room and the baby screaming is Misty`s manipulative attempt to distract the attention...

GRACE: Blame somebody else.

MARSHALL: ... away from her. And these stories will come out. I think they haven`t so far because Misty has told so many lies that they would...

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: What about it, Ellie Jostad?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Nancy, we`re not going to find out right away what was said on the tapes. Police have said they`re not going to release them because it`s part of an active investigation. However, they will confirm that Flora and Tommy talked, although Tommy`s lawyer says he only told her to call his lawyer.

GRACE: I mean, Terry Shoemaker, attorney for Ron Cummings, they all know their calls are recorded, right?

TERRY SHOEMAKER, ATTORNEY FOR RONALD CUMMINGS (via telephone): Absolutely. I`ve been burned many times in the St. John`s County jail system, where my clients have talked on a telephone call and it came back to haunt them, so...

GRACE: And I`m sure...

SHOEMAKER: ... if there are phone calls, it`ll be there.

GRACE: ... you advise them -- I`m sure you advise them beforehand, Don`t yak on the phone. Just try to hold it in.

snipped from:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 am

TerryRose wrote:Children learn what they live. There appears to be nobody in Misty's life that taught her how to live a good life. I also have felt somewhat sorry for her (as not much more than a child herself during this time), but the one that touches my heart the most besides Haleigh has been and continues to be Crystal.

Yes, thanks for that reminder TerryRose! For some reason, I keep forgetting about poor Crystal. I guess her name isn't mentioned that often in the media, but it must be so devastating for her to be hearing this constant news about poor little Haleigh!! I don't know what kind of a mother she was, and why she didn't have custody of Haleigh in the first place, but I'm sure she loved her daughter & is heartbroken by all the news. crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 am

Wrap, thanks for the NG transcript! However, it has me more confused than ever... how did Chelsea Croslin get involved in the story? I know she married to Timmy, but how is he connected to Misty, Tommy & Joe?

One things for sure: she is not very happy with GGMA Hollars! :lol!:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:39 am

I felt really sorry for Annette Sykes. To sit and listen to the allegations of sexual abuse and what Grma Hollars had to say. She was very close to HaLeigh. Closer than any other family member. It was just so sad. Watching her I saw myself. Taking care of generation after generation. She did all the kids laundry because she wanted them to look nice.
crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 am

Yep, I too felt sorry for G'ma Sykes, esp. when she said about her doing the kid's laundry b/c she didn't want them to have stains...she wanted them to look nice. What a good G'ma. They had nothing, but she made the most of what they did have.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 am

Nancy telling someone else they were using Irresponsible journalism. Priceless.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 am

Interesting about generations - this generation cannot hold a candle to their Grandma Sykes who I understand worked most of her life and had a good job. Our society is unraveling and the fabric is disintegrating and its the same old reasons, drugs, lack of education and poverty.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:00 am

artgal16 wrote:Interesting about generations - this generation cannot hold a candle to their Grandma Sykes who I understand worked most of her life and had a good job. Our society is unraveling and the fabric is disintegrating and its the same old reasons, drugs, lack of education and poverty.

You are so right!
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:10 am

I must have been mulling over Gr-GM Hollars' appearance on the NG show in my sleep last night, because I woke up perplexed about this case. This doesn't make sense to me:

If Joe held a knife to Misty but gave her the freedom to grab Junior and run into the bedroom and they "hid under the covers" while the precious little girl screamed as she was being raped and murdered, then why was there no attempt on the part of Misty to get help? Where was her phone? And, if Joe was that occupied with Haleigh, she could easily have grabbed a phone if it was anywhere in that trailer. She could have even put Junior out a window or exited herself and run to get help, but didn't. She could have armed herself with something to defend Haleigh against Joe, because, it wasn't a gun, it was a knife, she may have been able to whack him with something and not get hurt, especially if he was so occupied with the rape and killing. Add to that the presence of Tommy---did he just stand around watching all this go on and do nothing either? Something about this scenario just does not make sense.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 am

It doesnt make sense because its a big fat lie
and not even a good one - in the end we will find that Haleigh got a hold of some drugs or else Misty intentionally drugged her to put her to sleep so SHE could get some sleep after 3 days of partying and the child died. All of them are terrified of Ron and with good reason, I know they are depraved but they are not crazy enough to molest the child with a father like Ron. If Haleigh died Misty got so terrified and got her brother to help her who also became terrified of retribution not only against Misty but in the end all would be in danger and he helped her get rid of the body. There just isnt any other scenario that makes sense to me at all. However, its still just speculation on my part too, but its the only thing that really fits
what happened that night.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:25 am

I just can't make myself believe any of that story. All I believe is HaLeigh is deceased and that Misty is responsible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 am

Weeks ago I started thinking and could not get the bouncing couch out of my mind. And last nite G'ma H. verified my theory. Joe went for the gun, wasn't there...prob. all 3 were under the influence of something. Known molester Joe rapes the baby, Tommy watches, did he participate too? Was Misty threatened by Joe? Maybe, maybe not. She was too wasted, too apathetic to do anything. She was angry that she was babysitting in the 1st place. They all knew that Ron would kill them all once Haleigh told them what happened, hence the murder and cover-up. Molesters rape and then murder their victims all the time, as we have learned. IMHO.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:49 am

Poor little JR. Crystal now calls him Ronald on her myspace. I bet he is so scared and confused. The bouncing couch could have been the slut Misty with lord knows who. Can I say slut on here? Ronald Jr never said anything about HaLeigh screaming. I am sure he would have said something even as young as he is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Did anyone actually watch NG last night when GGma Sykes and Gma Hollars were on? GGma Sykes was rolling her eyes when Hollars was speaking. I got the impression that Sykes thinks Misty is a good kid.

And, it's never been said by LE if Sykes took a poly and actually DID go to the trailer that fateful night.

Another thing, if Sykes does all of the kids laundry, why would Misty be washing a blanket w/pee? Wouldn't Sykes make sure Haleigh and Jr. have more than one blanket? Another lie by Misty because it has been stated there were dirty clothes in the dryer when LE got there. So, NO..Misty did NOT do any laundry.

I believe Hollars to a certain extent. I believe that all 3 (Misty, Tommy, Joe) were involved in getting rid of Haleigh. I don't know who killed her or if it was an accident. I would say she probably got into pills and od'd.

As far as Timmy & Chelsea Croslin's involvement, Joe was staying with them. I think that is about the extent of that one.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:47 pm

by Wrapitup Today at 12:41 pm

Did anyone actually watch NG last night when GGma Sykes and Gma Hollars were on? GGma Sykes was rolling her eyes when Hollars was speaking. (As Flies were swarming around her face as she batted them away) ~Aimi~I got the impression that Sykes thinks Misty is a good kid.

I got the impression that Gma Sykes just doesn't know what to look for in a person who is on drugs! Misty is an addict and could VERY well have just acted normal and was just not that messed up yet! JMO!

Last edited by mommyof3kids on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Yes, I did notice G'ma S rolling her eyes. In my mind...why would G'ma Hollar's throw all 3 of her own flesh and blood under the bus, if it weren't true? An inconsistency w/ her however, was she wanted the recognition that it was she who called LE and broke the news. But, then we heard it was Tommy after flunking his poly going to authorities. Regardless of that what would possibly be her motive?
What it boils down to is little Haleigh is prob. dead while under the watch of Misty. And Misty seems to have lied from day 1.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:55 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:

Did anyone actually watch NG last night when GGma Sykes and Gma Hollars were on? GGma Sykes was rolling her eyes when Hollars was speaking. (As Flies were swarming around her face as she batted them away) ~Aimi~I got the impression that Sykes thinks Misty is a good kid.

I got the impression that Gma Sykes just doesn't know what to look for in a person who is on drugs! Misty is an addict and could VERY well have just acted normal and was just not that messed up yet! JMO!
Sykes is so used to seeing her grandson, Ron, f'd up..she thinks it is normal. Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
mommyof3kids wrote:

Sykes is so used to seeing her grandson, Ron, f'd up..she thinks it is normal. Sarcasm

:lol!:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Can I second that :lol!:

(Hey we all need a little laughter in all the BAD that we read, RIGHT? )
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Money. Hollar's stated she had no more money to put on the card to talk to the jailed granchildren. She is probably hoping if she keeps talking and her granchildren keep talking, people will want to pay.

The above poster is correct. We have never heard it mentioned that Junior heard HaLeigh scream. Misty and Jr. had plenty of time to get out of that trailer. She could have just told Jr. to RUN away, also. Junior, as far as we know, did not recognize anyone. If it was a man in black that he did not know, it could not be Tommy or Joe.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Yes these stories are full of holes!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Charming, Jr. knew Tommy, but it doesn't seem like either child knew Joe.

Wrap, I think GrGm Sykes is probably pretty trustworthy. As far as her tolerating Ronald on drugs, she was the one who told Crystal that she didn't know how she could stay with him and continue to put up with his abusive behavior when they were living with her. Though her family doesn't seem to have turned out all that great, I find no reason to dislike Sykes. The laundry was only children's clothing, Misty did the household laundry which would have included bedding. I didn't notice her rolling her eyes, but maybe she did, I did notice she was looking upward as she listened to Hollars. I thought that she retained her composure very well in her answers but I sensed that she probably disliked what the other old lady was saying, most of which is her own yarn-spinning about what SHE envisions had happened. Maybe this is why Gr. Sykes was somewhat exasperated.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:35 pm

IDK, Terry Rose. I find Ron's side of the family to be extreme enablers. Gee, I wish I had had someone to do my kids laundry when they were little.

And Syke's own granddaughter is in the clinker also. Have you heard her jail calls? SO disrespectful. And Sykes, daughter, Teresa..says Ron went along with selling drugs to get the truth out of Misty. Talk about denial.

In reality, both sides of that family are pretty messed up.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next