Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

+20
truthbtold
lisette
gavinsgrammy
Love4My5boys
Silvahalo
NiteSpinR
ladyjustice37
TerryRose
raine1953
janie
Boston_Lady
cherylz
laga
jeanne1807
adelacruz
Nama
artgal16
charminglane
Heike
Wrapitup
24 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 12 Empty Re: Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 am

BJ wrote:Watching Bozo and Baba Wawa right now. Bozo said that he got the case because he had a solid reputation in the community. Bozo thinks Casey is intelligent, kind, goodhearted.... whateva!
WHAT??? He is as delusional as his ex-client!

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 12 Empty Re: Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

Post by Nama Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 am

Wrapitup wrote:
BJ wrote:Bozo talks about "her world". He hope that when she gets out she can speak to "some people".
He thinks that she needs mental help! Surprise, surprise!
Can you find a link? I've looked and looked.
Both JA and Bozo are in NY. Sure hope they don't run into each other. :good/evil:
I didn't read it. Baez said this on the Barbara Walters interview on ABC. There is no link.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:39 am

OK, Thanks, BJ.

Interesting interview w/Lippman. Can't embed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:22 am

Baez: I'm Afraid For Casey Anthony
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Should Casey Anthony be released Thursday at her sentencing for lying to investigators, the 25-year-old could be hard-pressed to piece together some semblance of a normal life following her acquittal on charges that she killed her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
The surprising verdict in her trial continued to be the talk of cable and network news Wednesday, a day after she was acquitted of first-degree murder.
"Anthony will always be dogged by the belief that she killed her child," said Lewis Katz, a law professor at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. "She will never lead a normal life."
Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, told ABC News he would argue Thursday that Anthony should be sentenced to time served -- she's been behind bars for nearly three years -- and released. She could get a year in prison for each of the four misdemeanor counts of lying to law enforcement officials of which she was convicted Tuesday.
"If you look at the time that she's done, it's quite significant," said Baez, who nonetheless acknowledged concern about his client's safety should she be freed, given the high emotions surrounding the case.
"I am afraid for her," he told ABC's Barbara Walters.
Authorities in Florida are being mostly quiet about what might take place should Anthony be released for time served. There are obvious complications with her returning to her parents' home, where she lived before she was jailed, given the stinging accusations her attorneys leveled against them during the trial.
"Due to the high profile nature of this case and intense, emotional interest by the public, appropriate measures will be taken to release the individual into the community in such a manner so as to preserve the safety of the individual and the public," Orange County Corrections Department spokesman Allen Moore said.
Meanwhile, prosecutors are asking Judge Belvin Perry to recoup investigative cost for them and authorities. The mandatory minimums for those are $100 per case for felonies and $50 per case for misdemeanors. The state is seeking reimbursement for more than that and said in a motion filed late Wednesday that it has documentation of what it calls special costs. It will be at the judge's discretion.
State law does provide for restitution to be ordered for costs of the investigation, regardless of the defendants' ability to pay. But Anthony would have to be put on probation in this situation.
What could the future hold for Anthony when she gets out of jail, perhaps as early as Thursday?
She may have to get out of town. Threats have been made against her, and online she is being vilified. More than 17,000 people "liked" the "I hate Casey Anthony" page on Facebook, which included comments wishing her the same fate that befell little Caylee. Ti McCleod, who lives a few doors from Anthony's parents, said: "Society is a danger to Casey; she's not a danger to society."
Her family has been fractured by her attorneys' unproved claims that Anthony's father and brother molested her and the contention that her father participated in a cover-up of Caylee's death. On Tuesday, Anthony's parents rose from their seats without emotion upon hearing the verdict and left the courtroom ahead of everyone else. Their attorney, Mark Lippman, said they haven't spoken with their daughter since the verdict, and he wouldn't say whether they believed she was guilty.
Anthony is a high school dropout who, before her arrest at 22, had limited work experience. Her last job was in 2006 as a vendor at Universal Studios theme park. While she once professed an interest in photography, and even found some work in the field, it's not known whether she has skills that could translate into a career.
In a 2010 jailhouse letter to a friend, Anthony said she would like to adopt a child from Ireland "accent and all."
Baez told Walters he hoped his client would seek counseling help upon her release.
"I think Casey is an extremely intelligent, warmhearted individual," Baez said. "I think the biggest thing about Casey is that she's very misunderstood by many people."
Prosecutors claimed Anthony suffocated Caylee with duct tape because she wanted to be free to party and be with her boyfriends. Defense attorneys argued that the little girl accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool and Anthony panicked and hid the body because of the effects of being sexually abused by her father.
The prosecutor in the case, Jeff Ashton, told NBC's "Today" show Wednesday that the verdict left him and other prosecutors in shock. "I think I mouthed the word `wow' about five times," said Ashton, who is retiring Friday. A spokesman said the retirement had been planned for some time.
Ashton said that he believes jurors applied the law as they understood it. "Beyond a reasonable doubt is a high standard," he said.
Jurors declined to talk with reporters immediately after Tuesday's verdict, and juror Jennifer Ford told ABC News in an interview that it was because "we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict."
"We were crying -- and not just the women," Ford said in an interview posted on the network's website Wednesday night. "It was emotional and we weren't ready."
Ford, a 32-year-old nursing student, said the case was a troubling one.
"I did not say she was innocent," Ford told the network. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."
The prosecution didn't paint a clear enough picture of what happened to Caylee, Ford argued in a portion of the interview broadcast Wednesday night.
"I have no idea what happened to that child," Ford said.
Ford acknowledged that Anthony's behavior, including not reporting her daughter missing for about a month and partying during that time, "looks very bad ... but bad behavior is not enough to prove a crime."
"I feel she had something to do with it," Ford said of Anthony. "I don't believe it's fair to speculate."
Asked about the anger directed at jurors following the verdict, Ford said: "My reaction is, why be mad at me? The prosecution had to prove it. Why is it my fault if they didn't prove their case? If you give me the evidence, I'm happy to return a verdict accordingly."
Ford said the fact that Anthony could have faced the death penalty was a consideration.
"If they want to charge and they want me to take someone's life, they have to prove it. They have to prove it, or else I'm a murderer, too."
"I wish we had more evidence to put her away," juror No. 2, who wants to remain anonymous, told the St. Petersburg Times. "Everybody agreed (that) if we were going fully on feelings and emotions, she was done."
Alternate juror Russell Huekler said he feels compassion for Anthony and hopes she gets help because she can "no longer live a life of lies."
Huekler told The Associated Press he was shocked to learn of the public's anger over the jury's acquittal of Anthony on a murder charge.
"Those 12 jurors, they worked really, really hard," said Huekler, who did not vote on the verdict but sat through more than 33 days of testimony as an alternate. "I'm sure they looked at the law and the evidence that was presented and unfortunately, the prosecution didn't meet their burden of proof."
Anthony's attorneys did not return calls from the AP for comment.
But Baez said in the ABC interview that testimony showed his client was an "excellent mother," though he acknowledged that her month-long failure to report her missing daughter was wrong.
Geneva Shiles, of Orlando, said she had trouble sleeping Tuesday night after witnessing the verdict from a seat in the courtroom.
"I'm angry and anxious to see what Casey will do with her life now that she's free," Shile said. "My question is: If she didn't do it, who did?"
That question is frustrating many who followed the trial, hoping for a neat ending to a made-for-television case.
"None of us know what actually happened," said Roslyn Muraskin, a criminologist at Long Island University who co-authored "Crime and the Media: Headlines vs. Reality." "Maybe none of us will ever know."
Much of that will depend on whether Anthony chooses to tell her story.
"I believe she's already been bombarded as we speak by publishers and agents," said Linda Konner, president of the Linda Konner Literary Agency, based in New York. "I think there's a lot of interest when you're dealing with mother and dead child."
Konner said a Casey Anthony memoir could fetch a half-million dollars or more, and she would be interested herself in securing the rights.
The judge in the case could order that any such proceeds be used to repay the costs of the search for Caylee, said Karin Moore, a law professor at Florida A&M University.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 am

ORLANDO, Fla. -- On the day Casey Anthony could be released from jail, supporters and protesters gathered outside the Orange County Courthouse, with one man displaying a sign asking Anthony to marry him.
Two supporters said they drove overnight from West Virginia to show their support for Anthony, who was found not guilty Tuesday of murdering her daughter, Caylee, in 2008.
An Orlando man held the marriage proposal sign, and the two men from West Virginia held signs that said, "We love and support you Casey Anthony," and "Nancy Grace, stop trying to ruin innocent lives. The jury has spoken. P.S. Our legal system still works!"
The verdict shocked many in Orlando and around the world, and jurors are starting to speak out about their decision.
"I wish we had more evidence to put her away," juror No. 2, who wants to remain anonymous, told the St. Petersburg Times. "Everybody agreed (that) if we were going fully on feelings and emotions, she was done."
"We were crying -- and not just the women," said Jennifer Ford in an interview with ABC News.
Ford, a 32-year-old nursing student, said the case was a troubling one.
"I did not say she was innocent," Ford told the network. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."
The prosecution didn't paint a clear enough picture of what happened to Caylee, Ford argued in a portion of the interview broadcast Wednesday night.
"I have no idea what happened to that child," Ford said.
Ford acknowledged that Anthony's behavior, including not reporting her daughter missing for about a month and partying during that time, "looks very bad ... but bad behavior is not enough to prove a crime."
"I feel she had something to do with it," Ford said of Anthony. "I don't believe it's fair to speculate."
Asked about the anger directed at jurors following the verdict, Ford said: "My reaction is, why be mad at me? The prosecution had to prove it. Why is it my fault if they didn't prove their case? If you give me the evidence, I'm happy to return a verdict accordingly."
Ford said the fact that Anthony could have faced the death penalty was a consideration.
"If they want to charge and they want me to take someone's life, they have to prove it. They have to prove it, or else I'm a murderer, too."
Good thing I am not there I would stick there signs up their you know what
crap angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 am

MURDER – FIRST DEGREE
§ 782.04(1)(a), Fla. Stat.

There are two ways in which a person may be convicted of first degree murder. One is known as premeditated murder and the other is known as felony murder. In order to find the defendant guilty of murder in the first degree, the State must convince you beyond a reasonable doubt of the defendant’s guilt of either premeditated murder or felony murder. While you must all agree that the State has proven first degree murder beyond a reasonable doubt, you need not be unanimous in your opinion as to whether that finding is based upon premeditated murder or felony murder as I shall now define those terms.

To prove the crime of First Degree Premeditated Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. Caylee Marie Anthony is dead.

2. The death was caused by the criminal act of Casey Marie Anthony.

3. There was a premeditated killing of Caylee Marie Anthony.

An “act” includes a series of related actions arising from and performed pursuant to a single design or purpose.

“Killing with premeditation” is killing after consciously deciding to do so. The decision must be present in the mind at the time of the killing. The law does not fix the exact period of time that must pass between the formation of the premeditated intent to kill and the killing. The period of time must be long enough to allow reflection by the defendant. The premeditated intent to kill must be formed before the killing.

The question of premeditation is a question of fact to be determined by you from the evidence. It will be sufficient proof of premeditation if the circumstances of the killing and the conduct of the accused convince you beyond a reasonable doubt of the existence of premeditation at the time of the killing.

FELONY MURDER – FIRST DEGREE

§ 782.04(1)(a), Fla. Stat.

To prove the crime of First Degree Felony Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. Caylee Marie Anthony is dead.

2. The death occurred as a consequence of and while Casey Marie Anthony was engaged in the commission of Aggravated Child Abuse.

Or

The death occurred as a consequence of and while Casey Marie Anthony was attempting to commit Aggravated Child Abuse. 3. Casey Marie Anthony was the person who actually killed Caylee Marie Anthony.

In order to convict of First Degree Felony Murder, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had a premeditated design or intent to kill.

AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE

§ 827.03(2), Fla. Stat.

To prove the crime of Aggravated Child Abuse, the State must prove the following two elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. Casey Marie Anthony knowingly or willfully committed child abuse upon Caylee

Marie Anthony and in so doing caused great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement.

2. Caylee Marie Anthony was under the age of eighteen years.

“Willfully” means intentionally, knowingly and purposely.

“Child abuse” means the intentional infliction of physical or mental injury upon a child or an intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child or active encouragement of any person to commit an act that results or could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child.

WTF?
Seems to me this was all proven, and there was not enough evidence to believe anyone else had anything to do with Caylee's death.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:39 am

Did the jurors hear that Casey acted like a 16 yr. old when Cindy was admonishing her in the car on July 15? Remember, Amy said that Casey became like a scolded child? That might cause her to try to cover it up, but my God, why not claim an accident and then leave town after the funeral?
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:55 am

As far as the jurors. If they had deliberated and scoured the evidence for DAYS then maybe I would feel differently if they came w/ a not guilty verdict. Maybe. But they didn't. They were done w/in 10 hrs. I hope they live w/ guilt for their apathy for the rest of their lives. They have released a pyriah into our society to prey on more victims. God help them.
The comment we figured she lied b4 so it wasn't a big thing that she was lying about her daughter (pp) shows me that they were unable to process complex info. They saw things concretely. We cannot blame them for their lack of intelligence. However, they can be blamed for their hasty decision. Their refusal to ponder evidence. Their unwise decision. angry
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:56 am

Mike Brooks just said that Casey having her hair down is real telling. The show is over now and the real Casey is emerging. Wearing her hair in a bun was for the jury. Now she doesn't have to make an impression on the jury and the real Casey is back.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:05 am

Today its like every horrible thing she did has been and done has been forgotten such as being a felon, lying to the police - I dont understand this
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 am

She makes me sick. Playing w/ her hair. Look what she let happen to Caylee's hair.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:11 am

Good Morning!

Is she hiding a weapon in her hair? What's the big lump in the back??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:11 am

Now they will try get her off from the rest of the sentencing for the lies?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:12 am

The way she looks is an indication of what she is = she couldnt stand to keep up the fiction even one day longer that shows you what she is.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 am

wesh says every time they hear a helicopter over head Casey smiles. Can you STAND this? Im having a really hard time
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:14 am

Wrapitup wrote:Good Morning!

Is she hiding a weapon in her hair? What's the big lump in the back??
I was wondering about the lump, it's on one side.
Bombshell
Bombshell

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:15 am

WDBO AM 580 WDBO
Perry will remain the judge overseeing the state's attempt to recoup costs of the investigation
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:22 am

She will want to put her hair up and get into a teeny bikini once she is out in the real world. No sweater..no long hair. It's too hot! Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:23 am

TrialNotes Trial Notes
Judge: Saying #CaseyAnthony didn't have time to pause, reflect and form new criminal intent for each act? LF: Yes.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:25 am

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
Judge to decide if #CaseyAnthony gets punished once for 4 counts of lying or 4 times. The difference is HUGE max of one year or 4 years
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 am

I dont know why we think JP will just let her walk - even the charges might be misdemeanors but there is huge severity regarding the consequences of her lies. Huge groups of people were affected it would send a bad example if he just lets her go -I would think the jurys decision already has set a bad example of what you can do in Florida - its become a horrible state.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 am

As the judge speaks, Im again reminded how guilty she is -what has happened to the common sense of people?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:32 am

I don't think she will walk today. He is looking at the charges separately. Plus, I am still wondering about her check fraud charges. If she gets more time, she will go to prison I believe...not back to her jail cell.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 am

JudgePerrySays JudgePerrySays
"I will sentence you to one year in the Orange County Jail, imposing a $1,000 fine on each count."
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 am

One year and a $1000 fine on each count of lying. Credit for time served. JP will spend time with Baez and Mason and look at time served.
Doesn't sound like the lying slut is going to walk this morning.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:35 am

So she has to go back to jail for now - four years is what she got consecutively so she might get out in August
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:36 am

caseyupdates Casey Anthony Update
Perry says he and #CaseyAnthony's attorneys will need to figure out time served to determine her sentence.
29 seconds ago
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:37 am

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
Looks like #HLN #CaseyAnthony will be released late JULY or early AUGUST...
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:39 am

WDBO AM 580 WDBO
Judge gives max sentence - will work with defense to determine how much credit she'll have for time served. #CaseyAnthony
2 minutes ago
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:40 am

KC will remain in protective custody at the jail until she is released. She will never be with general population (other inmates)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:41 am

I want her in the general population so she can get her butt kicked. UGH.. this is so wrong
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:42 am

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Perry: Court officials will calculate release date within the next hour based on time served. #caseyAnthony #sentencing
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:43 am

Judge has set Thursday, August 25 to determine what special investigative and prosecution costs he will impose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:43 am

I'm at work and can't watch which is probably a good thing. I saw her pic with the long hair and her all smiling. Mockery of this whole process and her baby is dead by her hands. This is ALL wrong !
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 am

Aphrodite_Jones Aphrodite Jones
#caseyanthony thinks she's a rock star. She is not famous -- she is infamous. She may cash in now, but will pay for her sins -- karma exists
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 am

I do not understand how any one in their right mind would pay KC for anything, books movies any thing like that. We do have a voice and we can put a lot of pressure on anyone trying to pay her for lies. We have heard enough of her lies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 am

Juror # 3 is dumb. Her statement of finding her not guilty does not mean she is innocent. Oh really? In this case it sure did. You let a murderer walk. They could have found her guilty of manslaughter.

This is a slap in the face to the justice system. Jurors need to use critical thinking ability and take what is given to them and from there decide guilt or innocence. The parsing of what "is , is" by our past President has set this is motion.

I'm ANGRY. head bang
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next