Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

+9
adelacruz
TerryRose
prayerbone
CritterFan1
Heike
laga
ladyjustice37
Cory
mommyof3kids
13 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 2 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by TerryRose Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:40 pm

I am so sorry to hear that.

TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 2 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 pm

I just don't get it. If they are saying that there is nothing there that wouldhelp you....then why can't you just have the records? I bet if this had happened to his child he'd be singing a different tune. a fit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 pm

treaves wrote:I just don't get it. If they are saying that there is nothing there that wouldhelp you....then why can't you just have the records? I bet if this had happened to his child he'd be singing a different tune. a fit

I know huh??? :evil:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:39 pm

It does not make sense. What could be their reasoning?
"at this time', so at some point in the future there is a chance?
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 pm

do you think it is because it is still an ongoing investigation?
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:41 pm

treaves wrote:Where is everyone??? I miss you guys. ♥️
Hi Treaves!!!! butterfly
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:42 pm

I think I will call Maureen tomorrow and make an appointment to see R. Paul Frasier. :worshipper:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:46 pm

CritterFan1 wrote:It does not make sense. What could be their reasoning?
"at this time', so at some point in the future there is a chance?

It says.....You may contact the Coos County District Attorney's office to inquire as to when the records might be available to you.........Probably 9 more frickin' years!!!!!!! faint
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:41 pm

The language is a brushing off...why? That is where the truth lays....why? Someone, somewhere, with perhaps seemingly routine good intentions, but NO commitment is missing the boat...it WILL not be nine more years....as somehow, someway, we have to ride that boat straight into his sights!

xoxo
LOVE
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:07 am

Hi Cory thats very bad news , i bet its the same reply if you requested Denise statement to...

You have to go and push this with the DA ,but need to be walking in there with the laws behind you..

Does anyone know the exactly where Cory stands with her rights about the Autopsy?? Maybe you should consider a civic case agianst the DA and LE ? There must be a lawyer who would at least let you know where you stand ??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:04 am

Sorry - this is off topic a bit - I just wanted to tell mommyof3 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so much for the cause you created on FB - I joined and invited all my friends, and some actually joined - I'm so pumped - these are ppl that had never heard of the case before now - and hopefully they will invite friends who will invite friends and so on - I just wanted to share that w/ everyone - Thank you Aimi for all you do!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:43 pm

I think I will call Maureen tomorrow and make an appointment to see R. Paul Frasier.

GOOD FOR YOU CORY!!! Muah!

[quoteYou have to go and push this with the DA ,but need to be walking in there with the laws behind you..

Does anyone know the exactly where Cory stands with her rights about the Autopsy?? Maybe you should consider a civic case agianst the DA and LE ? There must be a lawyer who would at least let you know where you stand ??[/quote]

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Andy, I posted this earlier up thread
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

146.035 State Medical Examiner; personnel; records; right to examine records. (1) There shall be established within the Department of State Police the State Medical Examiner’s office for the purpose of directing and supporting the state death investigation program.
(2) The State Medical Examiner shall manage all aspects of the State Medical Examiner’s program.
(3) Subject to the State Personnel Relations Law, the State Medical Examiner may employ or discharge other personnel of the State Medical Examiner’s office.
(4) The State Medical Examiner’s office shall:
(a) File and maintain appropriate reports on all deaths requiring investigation.
(b) Maintain an accurate list of all active district medical examiners, assistant district medical examiners and designated pathologists.
(c) Transmit monthly to the Department of Transportation a report for the preceding calendar month of all information obtained under ORS 146.113.
(5) Any parent, spouse, child or personal representative of the deceased, or any person who may be criminally or civilly liable for the death, or their authorized representatives respectively, may examine and obtain copies of any medical examiner’s report, autopsy report or laboratory test report ordered by a medical examiner under ORS 146.117. The system described in ORS 192.517 (1) shall have access to reports described in this subsection as provided in ORS 192.517. [1973 c.408 §4; 1987 c.142 §1; 1995 c.504 §3; 1995 c.744 §8; 2003 c.14 §60; 2005 c.498 §1]

According to the ORS it clearly states that family have a right to the autopsy, however, I am having a hard time finding any laws that state when LE or the DA can with hold this information. I think one of us should contact an Attorney's office who handles civil suits. I am busy at work today, but will do my best to give someone a call!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 pm

by tish Today at 11:04 am

Sorry - this is off topic a bit - I just wanted to tell mommyof3 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so much for the cause you created on FB - I joined and invited all my friends, and some actually joined - I'm so pumped - these are ppl that had never heard of the case before now - and hopefully they will invite friends who will invite friends and so on - I just wanted to share that w/ everyone - Thank you Aimi for all you do!
You are VERY VERY welcome Tish! I just want to get Leah's story out where ever I can!! I have even posted the link on here, in hopes all members with an FB account would join it. It is still a work in progress and I have many more links and details to add, and it appears that members can post info as well!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 pm

I am so glad you did it too. I wanted to but did not know how....so far my friends have not joined yet...maybe they do not check their causes request very often. I am going to keep it featured on my home page!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Thank you so very much for your support Critter! Big Hug to you my dear :) Couple Hugging
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:02 pm

even more friends joined this afternoon - I am just elated.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 pm

prayerbone wrote:I was just watching a few reviews of new films and two are based on books , need to read them quickly not the same the other way round...

As anyone read The Lovely Bones ? , it looks heartbreaking for anyone in Cory's postion...Its about to come out very soon...

oh yeah! just saw the preview and i gotta say i thought of Leah and Cory rightaway.. idk it was a book first...
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:28 pm

by tish Today at 5:02 pm

even more friends joined this afternoon - I am just elated.

We are already up to 25 members in 2 days and COUNTING!! :cheers:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Cory does have a right to the Autopsy. She needs a lawyer to help her fight the red tape.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey Everyone! Sorry....been busy putting up new blinds and shampooing the carpet!! Now I am exhausted!!!! faint

I did call the DA's Office....don't be too shocked....no answer!! ha ha Yeah - so what? Court House closed on thursdays now?????? I called 3 times. Finally I just left a message.....any bets on how long they will take to get back to me??? Week? Month?? Year??? 9 freakin' years???????????????
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:37 pm

They are all going to be biting their tongues not knowing what to say to you. Cory I know you are entitled to those records. The law say's you are. Offer to sign anything thing they want saying you will not re-produce the records. Like a person would do that anyway???? Those reports will not tell you or anyone else who the killer is or blow their "so called investigation" so I just don't get why they don't want to give them to you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:45 pm

lindamarie wrote:They are all going to be biting their tongues not knowing what to say to you. Cory I know you are entitled to those records. The law say's you are. Offer to sign anything thing they want saying you will not re-produce the records. Like a person would do that anyway???? Those reports will not tell you or anyone else who the killer is or blow their "so called investigation" so I just don't get why they don't want to give them to you.

Well they better start thinking - and quick because if I don't get a call from them by the 31st......I will simply show up and litterally sit at his door. He is going to talk to me one way or another. I've been blown off too many times by these jerks and I have had enough!!!!!! I keep hearing that the DA has to have his "ducks in a row"..... maybe so but I suggest he get his ducks in a row for his meeting he is about to have with ME!!! Hmmmm.....that's next Monday huh???? Ok......I am open for any questions you might think of for me to ask him.....
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Good idea LM, there has to be something that she can sign stating that she won't reproduce it. But I even looked up the ORS and it clearly states that the family is entitled to the autopsy report. You should print that section out Cory, and take it to them and ask them where there is a law that says they have the right to with hold it from you!! You have to be one step ahead of them!! They might just stutter on their words if you walk in there with the Oregon Statutes in your hand!! :albino:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Well they better start thinking - and quick because if I don't get a call from them by the 31st......I will simply show up and litterally sit at his door. He is going to talk to me one way or another. I've been blown off too many times by these jerks and I have had enough!!!!!! I keep hearing that the DA has to have his "ducks in a row"..... maybe so but I suggest he get his ducks in a row for his meeting he is about to have with ME!!! Hmmmm.....that's next Monday huh???? Ok......I am open for any questions you might think of for me to ask him.....

Take this with you and specifically section 146.035 State Medical Examiner; personnel; records; right to examine records

mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:51 pm

I want to know if there is any law that he can reference to you in the ORS that allows them to withhold this Autopsy Report. I couldn't find one, but it does not mean there isn't one!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Mommy, this really bothered me too and all along I said I could not believe they could seal these documents without a court order and court orders always have an expiration date I thought. I called several agency and spoke to an attorney (not in Oregon) and looked on line at Oregon's constitution. From all this, I got the same answer, as long as LE considers a case "active" they can indeed keep documents sealed. I think the best recourse is to persuade them to consider the case cold. I truly believe fresh eyes and ears could resolve this case to a successful conviction of the guilty party/ies. This is all just my opinion, I am no expert.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Laga, I completely agree with you. I have mentioned this a few times. I have googled for what the criteria is for cold cases, but only came up with cases that were cold. I need to do some more digging and will post what I can find. It's not that I wan't Leah's case to be cold, it is just that I think in order for Cory to get any answers even as to how her daughter died.. she isn't going to get them if Leah's case is deemed active. We know there is no way this case is an active investigation, if we did, we would hear about people being investigated and/or people being re-investigated. Bottom line, there is NO Way this is an active on going investigation.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Here is the link again for the Facebook Cause.

I am also going to post it to her section in the "in loving memory section.

ALSO, I am totally new to this whole "FB Cause" thing, so if ANYONE has any pointers as to how I can make it more noticeable please tell me. I could also use some help with adding links to any news feeds or anything pertaining to her case for that matter. I am trying to work on it at least an hour a night or day but have been busy at work and you can only imagine how much free time I get at home!! LOL!

~Aimi~

btw, we are now up to 29 :)
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:18 am

32 Members as of this morning. :cheers:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:16 pm

My daughter is the most awesome, beautiful, giving, wonderful human being on the planet!! Aims...I am sooo proud of you for all you are doing and accomplishing for Leah's Cause. I love you sweet girl. ♥️ BlowKisses Who all has facebook? Please add me. (
Teresa Pedersen-Reaves. ♥️♥️♥️
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:53 am

Aww thank you mom, Just so EVERYONE knows.. we have hit 102 members over at the FB "Cause" and that is truly AWESOME! I know a LOT of you VH members who have a FB account have joined and I am truly thankful for that!! I honestly think that FB is a wonderful outlet for Leah's case. The more we can get her name and story out there.. the better chance we have of solving this case!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:19 am

The facebook cause is really growing.
I want to make a comment here about the DA office withholding the autopsy report from Cory. Why is that Michael Jacksons is going to be released to the public while there is an active investigation going and not release Leah's? If I had been smart when I was young I would have went to school for a law degree to help families like Cory seek justice. I know by law Cory is entitled to those records. I would think a lawyer would see Cory needs help and offer their service pro bono. This just ticks me off to no end.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:34 am

lindamarie wrote:The facebook cause is really growing.
I want to make a comment here about the DA office withholding the autopsy report from Cory. Why is that Michael Jacksons is going to be released to the public while there is an active investigation going and not release Leah's? If I had been smart when I was young I would have went to school for a law degree to help families like Cory seek justice. I know by law Cory is entitled to those records. I would think a lawyer would see Cory needs help and offer their service pro bono. This just ticks me off to no end.

Thanks LM...I will ask that question when I go see him! I was serious when I asked if anyone had any questions they thought I should ask!
After I talk to Frasier....if I don't like my "treatment".....a lawyer is my next move.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:02 pm

Cory here is the law. Are you going today?
(5) Any parent, spouse, child or personal representative of the deceased, or any person who may be criminally or civilly liable for the death, or their authorized representatives respectively, may examine and obtain copies of any medical examiner’s report, autopsy report or laboratory test report ordered by a medical examiner under ORS 146.117. The system described in ORS 192.517 (1) shall have access to reports described in this subsection as provided in ORS 192.517. [1973 c.408 §4; 1987 c.142 §1; 1995 c.504 §3; 1995 c.744 §8; 2003 c.14 §60; 2005 c.498 §1]
Please print this out and take it with you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 pm

I don't know. She said she would call me today with an appointment. I kow he is just getting back today. If she doesn't call me by noon I will call her!

I did print that out BTW!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:13 pm

I have an appointment to see him Thursday @ 1:30. Maureen also tells me he will probably have the same thing to say to me as the Chief did. Fair enough.....but his is going to answer to the questions I have about the law stating I CAN have that report.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 pm

It makes me feel like they are hiding something when they say you can't have it because of the investigation, and then they say it doesn't have anything in it that would be of help. WTF??? It\\'s Not Fair
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:33 pm

An Autopsy does not reveal anything except the manner of death if it can be determined, the condition of the body etc. It is a medical examination of the body. I have read enough autopsy reports to know what it will and won't contain. There is no reason for her Leah's Mom to have those records. Do you know what questions this report COULD answer for cory? Like some of the rumors of Leah being pregnant for example. I do think that LE has things to hide from cory and the public. Like treating this as a missing person investigation and not getting the evidence they needed for a conviction. I know a lot of 15 yrs run away and they are usually found in a short amount of time. I know LE had guidelines they had to follow. But you know what all LE had to do was tell the truth. They did not have enough evidence to convict anyone. They also did not have enough evidence to exclude Nick either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:04 pm

All I know is that DA Frasier better have a damn good answer to Cory's question about what right they have to with hold the autopsy from her. She has waited 9 years to even request it.. what nerve they have to keep it from a mother with NO answers!! It\\'s Not Fair
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 am

You're going to see Paul Frasier this week Cory? Please let us know what he says. He is NOT going to want to release the sealed files to you because of the fact they still consider this case active. What I would stress with him is WHY aren't they actively seeking a cold case investigator to look at the case? In Eugene they even have a group of investigators that do nothing but look at these types of cases - could he reach out to them? Find out why he isn't willing to seek additional help. Ask if they've gone back and questioned everyone related to the case in recent years. Has the evidence gone through updated DNA testing? And then let us know. WHATEVER he says needs to be shared with the media and the public. Don't let him blow you off. The longer he sits on this case the louder we will get!

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 am

HI Michelle...
I e-mailed those fellows in Eugene. They said they would contact. CPD. Never heard after that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 am

treaves wrote:HI Michelle...
I e-mailed those fellows in Eugene. They said they would contact. CPD. Never heard after that.

Probably got turned down.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:55 am

by michelle_ellis Today at 10:06 am

You're going to see Paul Frasier this week Cory? Please let us know what he says. He is NOT going to want to release the sealed files to you because of the fact they still consider this case active. What I would stress with him is WHY aren't they actively seeking a cold case investigator to look at the case? In Eugene they even have a group of investigators that do nothing but look at these types of cases - could he reach out to them? Find out why he isn't willing to seek additional help. Ask if they've gone back and questioned everyone related to the case in recent years. Has the evidence gone through updated DNA testing? And then let us know. WHATEVER he says needs to be shared with the media and the public. Don't let him blow you off. The longer he sits on this case the louder we will get!
Amen to you post Michelle!! Cory, do NOT let him blow you off, you are a strong lady and I know you will give him a piece of your mind, but you also need to make it clear to him that you are NOT giving up on your daughter, and you will do what ever it takes to find and fight for Justice for Leah! Do they NOT know how bad it looks on them NOT doing anything? WTF? I mean, at least pretend to be actively investigating.. NOT LIKE I REALLY want them to pretend.. but Sheesh at least it would look like an active investigation. :idk:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:01 am

by Cory Today at 10:52 am

treaves wrote:
HI Michelle...

Probably got turned down.

Mom, I thought you said that Eugene LE told you that CPD would have to contact them directly and request their Cold Case Team... and I thought to myself.. Ya right, like that would ever happen. Somehow that will involve DA Frasier.. Do you guys seriously think he would get some outside help?? Or would this just involve CPD and not the DA?
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Hmmm...Now I don't recall. I'll look for the e-mail.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Don't threaten Paul Frasier per se, but you let him know that you are going to the media with EVERYTHING that is and is NOT being done with this case. Let him know it's beyond local media now and has reached regional and national attention. Whatever he tells you will be shared with the media - I can assure you of that fact (that is precisely what I intend to do). Specifically ask him about the Eugene cold case team and see if they have approached him and ask him what his answer was. Once we have more of this information I am certain it will assist us getting a serious investigative reporter involved in the case (in fact I am in contact with someone at KGW-TV in Portland who wants to be alerted to and cover any developments in this case). Give him a chance, but let him know that this is the end of the road for you - you need and deserve answers. You understand that some cases are harder to solve, but you know for a fact that they haven't done everything possible to solve this case.

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Exactly right Michelle, and a special thanks to you for your awesome support. You have so much compassion for this case and I love it! If for some reason we still don't have answers come next June 28th... I hope I see you standing next to me and Cory in front of the Coos County Court house demanding Justice for Leah :cheers:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:17 pm

I would LOVE to be there, but hope it isn't necessary!

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 am

Cory, make sure you write down everything you want to discuss with this idiot... To me that DA is the one that has held up the entire investigation - he has everyone's hands tied... JMO. HE needs to be on the hot seat for all this...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Exactly Tish and nothing will ever change until he either gets a match little under his butt by media attention or he gets FIRED! He is the laziest DA I have ever seen! and of course that is just my OWN opinion.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:52 pm

michelle_ellis wrote:You're going to see Paul Frasier this week Cory? Please let us know what he says. He is NOT going to want to release the sealed files to you because of the fact they still consider this case active. What I would stress with him is WHY aren't they actively seeking a cold case investigator to look at the case? In Eugene they even have a group of investigators that do nothing but look at these types of cases - could he reach out to them? Find out why he isn't willing to seek additional help. Ask if they've gone back and questioned everyone related to the case in recent years. Has the evidence gone through updated DNA testing? And then let us know. WHATEVER he says needs to be shared with the media and the public. Don't let him blow you off. The longer he sits on this case the louder we will get!
You are spot on with ALL of your advice!!!!!! Esp. the last part about being vocal with the media and the public! Good luck, Cory!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next