Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

+16
laga
mommyof3kids
HippieChick
raine1953
littlehalfpint
Praying For Faith
Slys Hunny
Lilone
Wrapitup
Nama
charminglane
Heike
jeanne1807
artgal16
cherylz
lisette
20 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 10 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

Post by cherylz Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Just liken it to acute arsenic poison. If somebody gives their child arsenic everyday for b/fast and then the child dies from arsenic poisoning...was it an accident? No, it was intentional! Arsenic=poison...chloroform=poison. Same with strangulation=death, as does occluding someone's breathing orifices with duct tape=death.
Of course all IMO only, however, it is just so obvious to me. I pray it is to a jury.

cherylz

Back to top Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 10 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

Post by artgal16 Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:17 pm

What is not clear to me after all this time is exactly what the choices are for finding guilt, can they find first, second or manslaugter? Can they find aggravated child abuse ending in death? Please dont tell me they can only convict her of first degree murder of else not=guilty -that would be very foolish on the States part.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Artgal...I don't know? If they are going w/ 1st degree murder/death penalty...can a jury in the penalty phase decide to reduce the charges. IDK?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:27 pm

I just dont know - Ill see if I can go back and search this
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks. I'll try to check back on later.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Last night at the very end of 48 Hrs they wrote The judge has the right to have jurors consider a lesser charge than first degree murder. It's also on page five on the transcript on the 48 Hrs link.
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Thx. Janie.
The diff. btwn. first and second degree is that w/ first it was planned and w/ second it was not. So...the computer searches could show planning. Or planning could happen in a split second as a result of rage. Regardless...it was planned. Am I deciphering this correctly?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:26 pm

cherylz wrote:KCA is a very smart, coniving and manipulative woman. One search on the computer shows that chloroform is a deadly, dangerous, carcinogenic and if one then covers a victims mouth and nose with duct tape that is NOT an accident....that is a deliberate act! What did she think...that Caylee could breathe through her ears!!
Cherylz, I agree with you 100%. KC is everything you said above and more and no matter if she used chloroform and the trunk as a 'babysitter' I do not think that was an accident. I'm just hoping that whatever the jury hears that they are not trapped into a 1st degree murder conviction because I fear they won't convict. We've seen it before, maybe I'm just paranoid.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:32 pm

janie wrote:Last night at the very end of 48 Hrs they wrote The judge has the right to have jurors consider a lesser charge than first degree murder. It's also on page five on the transcript on the 48 Hrs link.
Janie, thank you for answering this question! I missed that very important question and thought it was 1st degree or nothing. I'm so glad that the judge has the right to instruct the jurors that they can consider a lesser charge if they cannot agree.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Casey Anthony: ‘48 Hours Mystery’ guilty of foolishness

by halboedeker on April, 17 2011 12:00 AM

With flashy editing and ominous music, the very show-bizzy “48 Hours Mystery” tonight recounted the story of Casey Anthony three weeks before jury selection in her trial begins.
The program offered little new information, although correspondent Troy Roberts pronounced Jose Baez’s last name in a new way. And WKMG-Channel 6 interrupted the show with a promo to its late news. But WKMG General Manager Skip Valet told me later: “It was a network ‘timing’ mistake. The easiest explanation is it was a technical error in the timing of the commercials by the network.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. In the most controversial segment, “48 Hours Mystery” commissioned a focus group — or mock jury — to weigh Anthony’s guilt. Yes, the folks at “48 Hours Mystery” wanted their answer to “12 Angry Men.”

And CBS News had defense consultant Richard Gabriel run the group, which undermines the whole point of an egregious exercise.

The news from this make-believe: The majority said they would acquit Anthony of first-degree murder, but most also said they would convict her of involuntary manslaughter.

Your reaction to this stunt? Mine is disgust. Why is a news organization trying a case? Or doing something that suggests it is helping one side in a murder case?

The focus-group outcome, however, heartened former defense attorney Linda Kenney Baden: “That makes me hopeful that maybe the people of Orlando are not being led around as much as I thought by the local news media.”

Kenney Baden’s participation was perplexing, because her comments hardly seemed to help her former client. Kenney Baden confirmed that Anthony had lied about a nanny kidnapping the child. And Kenney Baden said of the murder trial: ”It’s going to be very difficult for her to come out of this case without anything but a guilty verdict on something.”

The focus group saw some forensic evidence, heard Cindy Anthony’s 911 call, heard about Casey’s behavior and deliberated for four and a half hours. These mock jurors also could draw on what they knew — so much for trying to mimic real conditions. (WKMG followed “48 Hours Mystery” by noting the focus group didn’t see a photo that the CBS affiliate just received this week of Anthony drinking beer on July 4, 2008, shortly after Caylee went missing.)

These mock jurors said they thought the toddler’s death was an accident and that Anthony had mental issues. It was all rather gossipy, if you want more of that.

The show had been billed as a preview of the defense’s case. Why did Anthony wait a month before revealing that her daughter was missing? Defense attorney Jose Baez repeated a familiar line: “There’s a very compelling reason for that and that will come out trial.”

Roberts asked about speculation that the defense team might try to pin the murder on George Anthony. “There is speculation about everything,” Baez said. “I will not engage in that. I will lay it all out in the courtroom.”

The program did balance comments from Baez and defense attorney Cheney Mason with those from Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi.

Bondi called Anthony “a habitual liar,” described the evidence against her as overwhelming and said it was “comical” that Anthony was conducting a search for the missing child. But Bondi’s participation was perplexing, too, because her office would oppose an appeal if Anthony is convicted and also because prosecutors haven’t talked to the media. And did Bondi sound like she’s ready to move in on Nancy Grace’s turf?

Speaking up for Anthony, Baez said: “Clearly, what most people think they know about the Casey Anthony case is probably incorrect.”

Mason called it ”the biggest case with the least evidence that I’ve seen ever anywhere. ”

Bondi called the duct tape some of the most damaging evidence; Mason countered that duct tape didn’t kill Caylee.

Bond said that what Anthony did after Caylee went missing is the most compelling evidence. “The photographs, I believe, are what’s going to get her,” Bondi said.

Mason said there was “inherent prejudice” in the community against “this young girl because she didn’t act in a fashion a lot of people thought she should have.”

But Bondi and Kenney Baden seemed to agree that Anthony is her own worst enemy.

Of the evidence, Bondi said, “This isn’t CSI. This is real life.”

But “48 Hours Mystery” presented the story with dramatic flourishes that were unnecessary, distracting and disturbing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:34 pm

How strange, I actually typed the words thank you and the emoticon just popped up in there. This hasn't happened to me before!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Tattoo, Sticker In For Casey Trial, Mental Health Experts Out

Posted: 6:47 am EDT April 15, 2011Updated: 9:18 am EDT April 16, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey's lawyers tried everything Friday to make sure the jury isn't picked in Orange County and the judge made some key rulings as another strategy to defend Casey Anthony may have fizzled out.

CASEY WALKS IN: See Images
| Raw Video
HEARING 04/15/11: Part 1 of 4 | Pt 2 | Pt 3 | Pt 4
BILL SHEAFFER: Pre-Hearing Analysis On 4/15
VIDEO REPORT: Busy Hearing In Casey Case
READ: Defense Response To Judicial Inquiry
SLIDESHOW: Many Looks Of Casey In Court

Casey Anthony walked into court just after 1:20pm wearing a gray and black striped, white, long-sleeve, button up shirt, with her hair pulled up and poofed in the front, but not in a bun (images | raw video). She sat down at the defense table with attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason.

Friday afternoon, the defense was shut down in an attempt to have its mental health experts tell Casey's story for her about why she kept Caylee's disappearance a secret for 31 days. All because, if they went through with it, the state would be able to have its experts examine Casey and would have relatively free reign in questioning her.

[CASEY WALKS IN: Images | Video]
Enlarge Image

CASEY WALKS IN: Images | Video
Prosecutors say Casey Anthony is a murderer and a liar, but she is not mentally ill. The defense would not want to put Casey on the stand and subject her to a grueling cross-examination by prosecutors. So it wanted to have its mental health experts explain why Casey didn't report her daughter's disappearance.

Defense attorney Jose Baez tried to convince the judge that the state didn't have the right to examine Casey, because the mental health experts would only be testifying about behavioral science.

"An individual can behave a certain way and it doesn't necessarily mean they are guilty," Baez argued.

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton said the state would have the right to examine her and would have broad freedom in doing so.

"All attorneys would be able to be present for that examination, but of course not participate or interfere," Ashton said.

Once it became clear Casey would have to undergo a state examination, the defense gave up on the whole idea.

"The defense may have to just attack the state's case, and argue that it doesn't matter what her conduct was during that 31 day period," WFTV legal expert Bill Sheaffer explained.

Also at the hearing Friday, the defense team lost in a key ruling involving a heart-shaped sticker and a tattoo. The judge ruled both will be fair game in the trial.

Prosecutors say the tiny, heart-shaped sticker was found on duct tape that covered Caylee's mouth. The defense does not want the jury to hear about the heart sticker investigators found with Caylee's remains that matched up to residue that was later destroyed by fingerprint testing done on the duct tape over Caylee's face. Investigators found similar stickers at the Anthony home.

Casey got her tattoo after Caylee disappeared. It says "Bella Vita," Italian for the beautiful life (see it).

At Friday's hearing, the judge also let the defense weigh in on coming back to Orange County to try to find a jury if they're not successful at the first, still-undisclosed location; the defense Friday morning filed a "Response to Judicial Inquiry" regarding it (read it).

"Coming back is, respectfully, a punishment to the defense," Baez argued in court Friday.

Baez then made an unusual request, asking the judge to restrict the media's ability to report on the jury selection venue.

"I think what the logical choice to do would be to place some types of restrictions on the media," Baez argued.

"We don't live in Egypt, we don't live in, uh, Libya," Perry responded.

Perry also warned the defense about stonewalling on jurors.

"We don't believe that five days picking a jury in another location will be sufficient time," Baez argued.

"If we're making progress, Mr. Baez, and it takes longer than five days, we won't stop," Perry responded.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:43 am

I just watched the "48 Hours, Only Casey Knows". I think anyone who has no knowledge of this case would find "NotMom" Not Guilty. I was shocked at Linda Kenny Badan's outright "junk running of the mouth" - especially when she ADMITTED that Yes, Casey lied about the Nanny. Gee, like we didn't know that already.

CBS has once again taken interviews of George and Cindy from the beginning of this case. In fact, 85% of the facts and interviews and footage were from 2008.

The Only person who made total sense was Att. Gen. Pam Bondi (I was happy to see that she is now AG as in 08 during interviews, she was a Prosecuting Attorny for The State of Florida).

I fear that unless the prosecutors have a smoking gun of either dna or a fingerprint of Casey's on that duct tape, she MAY get a lesser sentence. I hope I am wrong, but the way this was presented makes me wonder.

Also, Art..I Loved the letter you wrote to "48 Hours". Too bad they didn't listen to you.

And...the photo's & video's of little Caylee were breathtaking. One can only imagine how show would look 3 year later. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:30 am

Baez's compelling reason that Casey didnt report Caylee missing for 31 days is extremely crucial to the case. If its stupid or completely unbelievable I think they have enough evidence to convict her of first degree murder.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

I am anxiously awaiting JP's rulings on the Frye hearing motions. He said by the 21st, so I'm expecting them any time. He'll probably wait til the last minute. Since the court is closed Fri. for Good Friday, he'll probably do it the last thing on Thurs. These motions are the ones about the admissibility of:
-chloroform evidence
-odor in the trunk
-stain in the trunk
-cadaver dog alerts
-death band on the hair
I am praying for justice for Caylee in these rulings! praying
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:33 pm

I believe he will let them all in.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:31 pm

I do, too. Especially if he let the heart sticker in.

Art, you make an excellent point about the 31 days. I cannot come up w/one feasible explanation for the excessive partying and lying to everyone that Caylee is gone.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:56 pm

I have read some are wondering/worrying if the jury chosen will be able to come back with a dp vote or even a vote of guilty. That is a legitimate concern, jurys are just folks with their own opinions, experiences and ideas. They are instructed and legally bond to consider ONLY the evidence presented in the court. However, each will consider that evidence and process it through their own "colored glasses".

For me, I have not seen, have not heard, have not smelled any evidence that sways my belief away from premeditated murder. There is nothing that makes me think she ever used chlorophorm and the trunk for a babysitter. There was never a time when Caylee was unaccounted for before the 31 days. She may have been asleep on a couch at an adult party, asleep in a stranger's bed, but never a time when someone wondered where she was. I am certain there would have been signs noticed if she had routinely been knocked out and placed in a trunk. This was no accident, it was premeditated murder, a means to a "beautiful life". Good luck with that murderer! I have confidence the prosecution has all they need and hope the chosen jury will do their legal and moral duty and Electric Chair
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Laga...I do not understand your above post? The 1st 1/2 makes me think you think KC was a good mom, but then the tone changes?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:16 pm

cherlyz, I have reread my post several times and do not understand how you could get that????? I have followed this case since day one and have never, not even for a second considered her a good mom or anything other than the murderer of her precious daughter. Please tell me where in the first part my words indicate that..........
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:24 pm

"There is nothing that makes me think she ever used chlorophorm and the trunk for a babysitter. There was never a time when Caylee was unaccounted for before the 31 days. She may have been asleep on a couch at an adult party, asleep in a stranger's bed, but never a time when someone wondered where she was. I am certain there would have been signs noticed if she had routinely been knocked out and placed in a trunk."
...Maybe I a m reading it wrong? Maybe I am tired?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:35 pm

What I am trying to say is I do not believe it was an accident, something she routinely did and this time Caylee died. I have read that many think it was an accident of sorts in that death was not her intention but only to put her to sleep so she could party and that she had done the same thing many times before. My thought is that is not the case, on that day she used chlorophorm and duct tape for the express purpose of illiminating her permanently. The first part of my above post was in response to questions I have read about the jury and the verdicts they will and can consider.

Oh my, probably more muddled now than ever.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Laga...I get it now!! It is sometimes soooo hard to convey thoughts onto a screen! And, I am tired!
No, I don't believe it was an accident either. I believe she researched and thought about this for a while. The nite of the 15th threw her in to a rage and she acted on her past thoughts.
There were times that KC was not with Caylee and when asked KC would say the Nanny(per JG) and we know there was no nanny and CA denied she had Caylee on the nite she went missing from RM's couch. With the chloroform...IDK...but when you put together the comp. searches for chloroform, the high levels in the trunk AND the bottle that contained traces of chloroform along w/ a syringe (found at the swamp site)...it makes my hinky meter go up.
We will probably never know the truth!
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Does anybody think there's a "smoking gun" that hasn't been released to the public yet-like a fingerprint? It was theorized that there could be, but who knows?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:34 pm

No... I just do not think so. I think the smoking gun is the totality of the evidence against her.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Laga
said:There is nothing that makes me think she ever used chlorophorm and the trunk for a babysitter. There was never a time when Caylee was unaccounted for before the 31 days. She may have been asleep on a couch at an adult party, asleep in a stranger's bed, but never a time when someone wondered where she was. I am certain there would have been signs noticed if she had routinely been knocked out and placed in a trunk.
Laga, I respectfully beg to differ.

I think that there were times BEFORE the 31 days (as Cherylz eluded to upthread) that Cindy had no clue where Caylee was..only what Casey told her. I also think she had given her traces of chloroform prior to June 15/16th to knock her out w/the help of xanax "zanny". IMHO, I think she did this infrequently and little by little, kept using a bit more dosage of both. When the fight between Casey and Cindy occurred on the night of June 15th, I believe that was "it" for Casey. She took Caylee (and I still think she took her after midnight on the 16th) out of the Ant's home, gave her a lethal dose, and KNEW it would do her in. Just look at the pics prior to Caylee's death. Her eyes are sunken in and she looks just plain horrible compared to the many other pics we see of her.

So YES, I DO think it was pre-meditated and this was actually in Casey's mind since March 2008 when she looked up chloroform, neck breaking and shovel online. I do NOT believe she put duct tape on Caylee until she dumped her in the woods. She wanted it to look like a kidnapping. As much as I HATE Casey Anthony and as maniacal as she is..I just cannot in my heart of hearts conclude that she put duct tape over a live Caylee's mouth. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 pm

by lisette Today at 20:29
Does anybody think there's a "smoking gun" that hasn't been released to the public yet-like a fingerprint? It was theorized that there could be, but who knows?

Yes..most definitely I think there is a smoking gun. Actually, I think both the prosecution and the defense have SG's. If I am wrong, I am wrong. But, as far as the defense, George Anthony has not been omitted as the possible father of Caylee. And, in the doc dumps, the prosecution has omitted all of the Anthony's Except Casey when it comes to fingerprints or DNA on the duct tape. They have done that very wisely and for good reason.

I also have Every reason to think that the defense is going to pin the murder on George.

Also, LKB and Bozo can say all day long that there is No Proof that Casey did internet searches for chloroform, neck breaking and shovel...but the doc dump already proves w/out a shadow of a doubt that neither George, Cindy or Lee were home during those searches. It's process of elimination and I DO think the jury will buy it.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Wrap, respectfully, I must counter, I do not believe it is in evidence that we have been privy to that Caylee was unaccounted for.(?) I do remember the incident of the sleepover at Morales' house and Caylee was there and then gone in the morning. It does not make sense to me that kc would knock her out and put her in the trunk on that occasion, she was not interferring with whatever was going on there, I don't think.(?) My main point is I do not believe the chloroform and trunk were a regular routine gone bad, accident.

Ah, the duct tape.....isn't it kinda ironic how we can believe she held a chloroform rag over her baby's face until she passed out, placed her in a car trunk, left her there for days to decompose, threw her body in the woods, but cannot believe she placed duct tape over her mouth while she was still alive. You know, the defense should want that heart sticker evidence introduced, almost makes her seem human.

Last edited by laga on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Laga said:
I do not believe it is in evidence that we have been privy to that Caylee was unaccounted for.(?) I believe that Cindy herself told LE and the FBI that she did not know where Caylee and Casey were sometimes. And sometimes, Casey told both George and Cindy that Caylee was with the Nanny. Remember, they "thought" she worked at Universal for almost 2 years. What did Casey and Caylee do all day long? This will most Definitely come up at trial. I do remember the incident of the sleepover at Morales' house and Caylee was there and then gone in the morning. It does not make sense to me that kc would knock her out and put her in the trunk on that occasion, I have no clue if she knocked her out and put her in the trunk on that occassion. In fact, I am wondering if she knocked her out and layed her on the couch or floor or bed wherever she was all day partying. I think the trunk was only used when she murdered her on the 15th/16th as no way she could have put her in the trunk prior to this in Florida. The horrific heat and humidity would have killed her in of itself.she was not interferring with whatever was going on there, I don't think.(?) My main point is I do not believe the chloroform and trunk were a regular routine gone bad, accident.
I think the chloroform and xanax were definitely being used on Caylee in small doses prior to June 15th, but NOT the trunk.

isn't it kinda ironic how we can believe she held a chloroform rag over her baby's face until she passed out, placed her in a car trunk, left her there for days to decompose, threw her body in the woods, but cannot believe she placed duct tape over her mouth. You know, the defense should want that heart sticker evidence introduced, almost makes her seem human.
There is Nothing about Casey that makes her seem human to me. I, like you and the rest of the world most probably have a very hard time with what you stated above, much less Caylee looking at her own mother as she put duct tape over her mouth. The entire scenario is completely Inhuman and makes me absolutely sick; especially when I think of my own precious grandchildren and how Any "Human" could do that to these little ones.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 pm

I believe that Cindy herself told LE and the FBI that she did not know where Caylee and Casey were sometimes. And sometimes, Casey told both George and Cindy that Caylee was with the Nanny. Remember, they "thought" she worked at Universal for almost 2 years. What did Casey and Caylee do all day long?

I considered those statements by Cindy and George made simply to establish the existence of the nanny and corrborate the story told by kc. I don't remember a statement made by anyone saying Cindy was concerned or worried about where Caylee was prior to the 31 days, however during that time she was VERY concerned as though this was unusual. JMO

laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 pm

I don't remember a statement made by anyone saying Cindy was concerned or worried about where Caylee was prior to the 31 days
We would have to go back and listen to hours and hours of FBI & LE tapes on file. I listened to them in 08 when they first came out and it took a good 12 hours easily. But, I DO remember George saying he went after Casey once and I think it was before the 31 days. I could be wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Bottom line, I think we ALL know that Casey was a wild child with a child. I think that George and Cindy went through a lot with Casey and Caylee, and Cindy wanted Caylee for her own. She even stated she was thinking of trying to gain custody and that was definitely before the 31 days IIRC.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:13 pm

I believe Casey's cell phone pings will place her in the house when the searches for chloroform and neck breaking were done - that will be a big smoking gun!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Art, that is correct...IF they went back to March and court ordered AT&T for them. I hadn't even thought of that. good post
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:21 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:24 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Wrap, I totally agree with your scenario: using chloroform and/or xanax in moderate amounts in the months before, then killing Caylee in anger, and putting the duct tape on to make it look more like a kidnapping before she "discarded" her in the woods. I'm not sure about how she actually killed her, though. She could have deliberately overdosed her, but I think that it is also possible that she drowned her in the bathtub or the pool. KC tried frantically to call her parents, but then realized that nobody would buy her story, panicked, and then it went on from there. Blink on Crime has an interesting article about a plumbing emergency the Ants had June 30-July 1, and Cindy's subsequent urgency in locating KC and Caylee.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Prosecution Files Depositions On Casey Defense Witnesses
Posted: 8:18 am EDT April 19, 2011
Updated: 11:43 am EDT April 19, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The defense team in the Casey Anthony murder trial has suffered another hit to their case.
WFTV reviewed transcripts detailing interviews between prosecutors and five defense witnesses, who are all EquuSearch volunteers.
The defense team said the volunteers searched the area on Suburban Drive where Caylee’s remains were found.
But, according to the depositions, all five said they never searched the area. They said they didn't even get out of the car.

Depositions:

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 pm

CM has filed a response to the state's motion that the events reported to Drs. Weitz and Danzinger not be mentioned until and if they come in as testimony. CM says that even though the Drs. have been dropped as witnesses, they should be able to mention the events as evidence to support their defense. What are these events? All I can think of is physical, sexual, emotional abuse by one or all of the Ants... Response below:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Defense has filed a list of supplemental discovery given to the state. The list can be found at:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Could Caylee's Bathing Suit Cause Chloroform?

Chemist Says Yes, But In Lower Quantities

POSTED: 8:46 am EDT April 19, 2011
UPDATED: 8:52 am EDT April 19, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Was there chloroform in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car? It's one of the key evidence issues in the premeditated murder case.
Prosecution experts claim traces of the knock-out drug were present in the trunk, but the defense argued the test could have been thrown off by a wet bathing suit of Caylee's that was left in the vehicle. The defense introduced the new theory to the public during a recent hearing.
Judge Belvin Perry is expected to rule this week whether the evidence will be allowed when the trial starts in May.
"The chemical signature would be definitive," said Altamonte Springs chemist Jeff Flowers. He has provided expert testimony in state and federal court but he is not affiliated with the Anthony case.

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Local 6 Video May Be Evidence In Anthony Case
Video Shows Roll Of Duct Tape
POSTED: Monday, April 18, 2011
UPDATED: 6:46 am EDT April 19, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team has revealed evidence they may use at trial next month -- including video shot by a Local 6 News photographer.

In August 2008 -- three weeks after Caylee Anthony was reported missing -- Local 6 News joined her grandfather, George, in a grocery store parking lot as he was passing out fliers.
About a year and a half later, while reviewing that video, Local 6 noticed a roll of duct tape lying on a table.
Visually, it appears similar to the extremely rare industrial grade fire-resistant duct tape that prosecutors said was wrapped around Caylee Anthony's skull.
Another piece of tape found on a gas can inside the Anthony's garage also seemed to match this roll, Local 6 News reported.
Casey Anthony's lawyers have turned over a recording of the news report to prosecutors, suggesting they will use video of that duct tape at trial to defend their client.

Read more at:

Video at:

More hints that they are going to throw GA under the bus?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:41 pm

That's it right there. The defense is going after George Anthony. They figure between the alleged sexual abuse and the fact that George had money/gambling problems and affairs, the fact that he has been shown to have a hair trigger temper, and last..the fact he "tried to kill himself in a Daytona Beach hotel by drinking some beer while taking his high blood pressure meds with him." Sarcasm , he is toast. If he even remotely loses it in court, the jury will pity Casey and thus, the "ugly coping".

If this girl walks, she won't last a week before someone will knock her off. MOO!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:12 pm

To me the video won't impress any juror in to thinking GA killed Caylee. The tape was in the household we already knew that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense is trying to get someone other than Casey to tell the jury why she didn't report her daughter Caylee's disappearance for a month.
Casey's attorneys had wanted their mental health experts to take the stand in Casey's trial to explain her actions after Caylee disappeared, but they gave up on that idea last week.

Now, the defense has filed new documents (read them) asking the judge to let "someone else" tell Casey's story, but it's not known who. They don't want their experts to do it anymore, because then the state's experts would have gotten free rein in examining her.

But they are trying different tactics to bring in that testimony some way, somehow.

When a 911 operator asked Casey Anthony the question the jury will want to know the answer too, why she didn't report her daughter Caylee's disappearance until her mother made her do it 31 days later, Casey said she was doing her own investigation; she was actually partying and shopping with stolen money.

No one has come forward to say she ever asked where Caylee was. Prosecutors say that's because she didn't want to get caught after she murdered her daughter and hid the body.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says the defense has to come up with another explanation.

"They're desperate to have her statements come into evidence without putting her on the witness stand, because they don't want to have her cross-examined by the state," Sheaffer explained.

Sheaffer says Casey's lies would come back to haunt her if prosecutors were to get the chance to question her under oath.

"They would tear her up in a New York minute," Sheaffer said.

It's not publicly known what Casey's new story is about, why she didn't tell anyone Caylee was gone, but prosecutors know and they say her story involves something she says happened too long ago to be relevant. Casey has accused her brother, and possibly her father, of sexually abusing her when she was a child.

Prosecutors say Casey's new story is not admissible no matter who tells it. They want Chief Judge Belvin Perry to prevent the defense from mentioning anything about it to the jury until he and both sides hash it all out during the murder trial.

Sheaffer says the judge will determine how long ago is too long ago, but believes he won't let the defense tell the jury about it, at least until after opening statements, and it's possible the jury will never hear about it.

Meanwhile, in the case against Casey, this week we could find out whether prosecutors can use air tests that were performed on Casey's trunk. They show evidence of human decomposition and a massive amount of chloroform.

The judge will also rule on whether the jury will hear evidence that cadaver dogs alerted on Casey's trunk and in her backyard. And he'll rule on botany tests that show how long Caylee's body was at the site on Suburban Drive.
source wftv.com
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Can you believe Baez and Mason coming up with this stupid stunt? Now we are going to make new rules up just for Casey someone else is going to talk for her?
Unbelievable - it will never fly
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 am

raine1953 wrote:How strange, I actually typed the words The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 10 642156 and the emoticon just popped up in there. This hasn't happened to me before!

Yeah, same thing happens when you type the word "*GUM*" without the **'s. The bubble blowing emoticon pops up.
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Come on JP!! Let's have those rulings on the Frye motions!! a fit
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 pm

WTF?

The defense wants someone else to tell Casey's story? Isn't that hearsay? Wouldn't she have to give her own story? If I'm ever called to testify, can I get someone else to testify for me? If I'm ever accused of a crime, can I get someone else to testify for me? WTF?
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Would Cindy dare go on the stand against George? Would this be her way of getting rid of him and getting Casey back? Have I watched too many movies?

Casey needs to take the stand, or take her punishment. I think Judge Perry will rule that the defendant is free to testify in her own behalf, but cannot use anyone else to provide her own testimony because it may mean the difference in a life or death sentence. That would leave the case open to another appeal.

No, I think she will take the stand or not, but nobody else should be allowed to present testimony only she can give.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Exactly Lilone and the Judge will see it that way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Its the same as heresay isnt it?
I think Judge Perry is going to rule in person as tomorrow there is a hearing.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next