Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

+16
laga
mommyof3kids
HippieChick
raine1953
littlehalfpint
Praying For Faith
Slys Hunny
Lilone
Wrapitup
Nama
charminglane
Heike
jeanne1807
artgal16
cherylz
lisette
20 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 11 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

Post by artgal16 Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Its the same as heresay isnt it?
I think Judge Perry is going to rule in person as tomorrow there is a hearing.

artgal16

Back to top Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 11 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

Post by artgal16 Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:56 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The judge in the Casey Anthony case dismissed all motions Wednesday relating to two defense psychiatrists who have been dropped from the witness list.

Anthony's defense argues that what she revealed to the experts is so important that it should still be admitted as evidence.

Lawyers say the information is highly relevant and supports a defense theory that would explain why Anthony didn't report her daughter's disappearance for 31 days. Prosecutors said she lied to investigators during the initial days after Caylee was reported missing.

"They've got to address the biggest elephant in the room -- why didn't she go to her own parents?" said Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who is not affiliated with the case.

Hornsby thinks the defense wants to introduce the information during the trial without having Anthony take the stand.

"In order to get in testimony about something that happened in Casey's own life, you have to have someone that has firsthand experience," he said.

Who else could testify about trauma in Anthony's life? Her own family, says Hornsby.

"It seems they're pointing at George, who would overreact or act out. That is going to be why Casey didn't feel comfortable coming forward to her parents during the first 31 days," Hornsby theorized.

The testimony of family stress could also come from Cindy, Anthony's mother, or Lee, her brother, Hornsby says.

"Obviously the defense is going to have to address a secondary issue: Why didn't she go to someone else," Hornsby said.

Jury selection in Anthony's murder trial is scheduled to begin May 9.
source
wesh.com
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 pm

If there are parents on that jury this isnt going to fly with them. Blame the parents - right - no way will a parent buy this.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Also, didn't Casey say that she was closest to Lee?
Somewhere in the beginning of all this mess.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:05 pm

artgal16 wrote:Its the same as heresay isnt it?
I think Judge Perry is going to rule in person as tomorrow there is a hearing.

Well, that's just perfect! The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 11 97291 I put off going to my moms to clean her house and change her sheets, etc today and promised her I will do it tomorrow!!! Maybe I can get the tv's on for the hearing while I am cleaning. She has a TV in every room. She might even sit and watch it while I am there, she has enough of an interest in the case to ask me about it now and then, but she has NO IDEA about all that's gone on like we do. I have already told her there's much, much more to the case than what a casual observer can glean from watching TV.
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 pm

I thought it was Friday as well but I heard Thursday
Id better check again -anyone know for sure?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Friday is a holiday. Hearing will be Thursday.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Hippie-while my Aunt Rose was bedridden with cancer the OJ trial absorbed her and gave her something to do every day.
You Mother needs to be in for the long haul and caught up to speed--stat!!!!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 pm

charminglane wrote:Hippie-while my Aunt Rose was bedridden with cancer the OJ trial absorbed her and gave her something to do every day.
You Mother needs to be in for the long haul and caught up to speed--stat!!!!

Unfortunately nobody in my family is interested in true crime like I am. They all roll their eyes, yet come to me to find out what's new in some of the more high-profile cases. I wish I had a close friend who was into this like I am. But since I don't, my internet friends are just perfect. Better, in some ways, if I had a friend who came over and watched the hearings & trial with me, at some point she would want to comment or otherwise distract me, and I wouldn't like that at all. I prefer sitting alone in my quiet house all day, with my 'friends' offering only written comments. LOL
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 pm

I just deleted a repeat comment w/quote of HippieChick's. That was strange!!!!

Hippie, I completely agree w/everything you said. My mom is the same way...knows the basic's but lost what was really going on early on. It takes people like all
the members...the
"want to know every.single.detail.of.this.case" people that are waiting for JP's ruling. And, yes..as much as I would love to share the trial with someone else in the room, I would probably be "shushing" anyone who spoke or asked a question. That's how rude I can be about this and Leah's case, in particular.

Lilone, you crack me up. How many questions did you ask? You asked some great ones because who in the hay would speak for Casey? Her mother? Bingo!! Her brother? Hard to say..Casey DID accuse him of messing with her as a teen. Sorry to say, but I would bet IF there were any advances made, it was probably the other way around.

I caught some of HLN Prime News w/Vinnie P. and one attorney stated the State of Florida w/really have to prove their case to get a guilty verdict. This is nerve-wracking!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:14 pm

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's a hearing this week at all. I understood JP to say that he wanted their agreed-upon statement of fact for the jury by Thursday (Apr.21), and also their preferred time for a status hearing the NEXT week (25th-29th). He did say that he would be available M-W and Thurs at 3:00 THIS week if anything came up that they needed him for. At least that's what I understood him to say...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Yuri Melich up for AMW award
Updated: Wednesday, 20 Apr 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 20 Apr 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A detective who has gained some prominence for his role in the search for Caylee Anthony and pending murder trial of Casey Anthony is up for an award.

For seven years now America's Most Wanted has hosted the All-Star Contest to give citizens across the country an opportunity to nominate first responders in their communities for their courage and efforts (often as volunteers) to protect their communities and give emergency medical care to their citizens.
This year a Florida police officer, Corporal Detective Yuri Melich, is one of eight national All-Star finalists and is in the running to become our 2011 All-Star First Responder and recipient of the Grand Prize.
Viewers of the popular Fox program can vote daily for Detective Melich in the final round which runs from April 21 to May 8.
Detective Melich was nominated for the 2011 America's Most Wanted All-Star Award based on his work as a first responder. He was selected as a finalist by national public voting through on-line votes.

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 11 Yuri-melich_20100911002201_320_240
Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Casey Anthony: Should bloggers be allowed in the courtroom?

By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:58 AM
ORLANDO --
Bloggers on the Internet have made the case against Casey Anthony into something we've never seen before.

It's brought the young mother, accused of killing her daughter, international exposure, and their presence in this case has the court scratching its head.

Google Anthony and more than 21 million web hits will show up.

That's more than Snooki from "Jersey Shore," and Julia Roberts, though not quite as much as Donald Trump.

Bloggers who have helped spike that number are trying to get credentialed as journalists for her trial. They want representation, and an assigned seat in the courtroom.

A courts spokesperson tells News 13 there was a lot of discussion about how to handle those who write just for the internet compared to those being paid and working for a news organization, including questions on what makes someone reputable, and respectable.

One man, Dave Knechel -- or Marinade Dave -- is a blogger who has an assigned seat.

Knechel's relationship with Judge Stan Strickland was challenged by the defense a year ago, and it caused the judge to recuse himself.

Knechel's now a freelance writer for a local magazine during the trial.

He said that what sets him apart from other blogs is that stuck to the law, and stopped any and all name calling.

"It's a 3rd grade mentality. I stopped calling names, I was never a name caller anyway," Kneckel said. "That's something children do, and I am glad because I warned people. Some people left on their own, and others I had to tell they aren't welcome here."

Knechel says there's so much out there on this case, it's hard to tell what's original, and what's been regurgitated from tons of different sources.

He says a respectable website and blog is one that creates a discussion -- not opens the door for trash talking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Casey Anthony's ex-boyfriend says she was abused by her father
Tony Lazzaro speaks in new deposition

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
8:40 p.m. EDT, April 20, 2011

Former Casey Anthony boyfriend Anthony Lazzaro says in a newly released deposition filed in court Wednesday that Casey Anthony told him her father physically abused her.

"From what I remember, I think it was just hitting – that she was physically abused," Lazzaro told attorneys during a Feb. 18 deposition.

A transcript of that deposition was placed in the court file late Wednesday along with another deposition of Casey's former friend Amy Huizenga.

Both Lazzaro and Huizenga figure to play prominently during the young woman's upcoming trial because they were both involved the July 2008 day that Cindy Anthony confronted her daughter Casey and family and friends discovered that 2-year-old Caylee was missing.

During his more than one-hour long deposition, Lazzaro described Casey Anthony as a "great girlfriend and a great mom."

"She used to make me dinner when we'd be living off of nothing," he said. "We hardly ever fought. The times that I was dating her – everything was really a good relationship."

But he recalls Casey Anthony waking up one night back in the summer of 2008 crying and in a "cold sweat."

"She had a bad dream. I think that's one of the ones I remember," he said. "It could have been arguing with her parents or something."

He said Caylee never appeared to be neglected or abused, but when asked about Casey, Lazzaro said she had told him about being abused herself.

"I just don't recall it being sexual in nature," Lazzaro said. "It could have been. Honestly, it would have been much better to do this at that time. I just know she said that they didn't live together and she made it sound like her dad was like this really bad guy."

As for Caylee, Lazzaro said, "Every single time that I saw her with Caylee, she was perfectly fine."

Lazzaro also described holding a personal "dislike" for the media since the story broke. "I did not do anything to help the media," he said, while also denying any attempts to profit from the high-profile case.

The ex-boyfriend also described the day in mid-July when Huizenga and Cindy Anthony came to his home to find Casey Anthony.

"She [Casey Anthony's mother Cindy] said something that I still remember to this day: 'I hope you have a lot of money because she will take you for all you have,'" Lazzaro said.

When asked why he remembered that statement, he said, "that was also the night that everybody found out, including me, that Caylee was missing."

He said the mother and daughter argued and then left.

On Feb. 14, attorneys deposed Huizenga, who described becoming close friends with Casey Anthony by June and early July 2008. Huizenga, 26, recalled Casey Anthony "started partying more" during this period, though she acknowledged hearing about the partying much more than seeing it herself.

At the same time, she described Casey Anthony as a "very loving" mother.

"Caylee was very well-behaved," she said. "Bad parents don't have well behaved children… I never saw her [Casey Anthony] get out of hand with Caylee or fly off the handle."

But Huizenga did describe Casey Anthony's problems with her family. The relationship seemed to deteriorate during the June and July 2008 time period, escalating from common family problems "to, you know, her mom telling her that she wasn't a good mother."

Casey Anthony did describe being close to her brother Lee and his then girlfriend, Huizenga said.

"She really liked that aspect of her family a lot," she said.

The former friend also told of how Casey Anthony described a foul odor in her car.

"There were definitely a day or two that she had been like, 'Dude, my car smells and I don't know what it is," Huizenga said. "She just said it smelled like, you know, something had died in her car and she had no clue what it is."

She thought it might have been a squirrel that her father may have hit while driving the car, Huizenga said.

The former friend was asked if she noticed anything unusual in retrospect.

"Only things looking back that I feel like I should have picked up on," she said. "Like it was weird that Caylee was spending so much time with the nanny. Casey had taken all this time off work because she had vacation time, but wasn't with Caylee because she said that was a better circumstance."

Looking back, Huizenga said, "that doesn't seem so normal."

She also described missing $400 but had "absolutely no proof" Casey Anthony stole it. However, she did prosecute Casey Anthony for stealing several checks, she said.

"I just had someone who I thought was a really close friend, who I gave my car to for a week, screw me," she said. "It was a minor offense but justice is still justice."

She explained going with Cindy Anthony to find Casey on July 15 of that year. She recalled Cindy Anthony describing the odor in Casey's car as "the most horrible smell that she had ever smelled and that they were terrified that it was either Casey or Caylee in the car – in the trunk – until they got it open."

Cindy Anthony asked Huizenga about Casey's job, and Huizenga said she thought she worked as an event planner at Universal Studios. "She [Cindy] said she didn't even think that Casey had a job," Huizenga said.

Cindy also told her "she didn't think she was a very good mother" and said "she was close to suing for custody of Caylee," Huizenga said.

When the mother confronted her daughter, Casey Anthony said, "Caylee's fine. She's with the nanny," Huizenga said.

But soon Casey Anthony's demeanor changed as the three of them left and drove to take Amy home.

"Casey was acting like a 16-year-old who had just gotten in trouble. She was very unresponsive," she said. "She looked like a child who had gotten in trouble."

Huizenga recalled Casey Anthony acknowledging to her, "I did kind of screw you over." But then there was nothing more from Casey, she said. "It was not any behavior I had ever seen in her before."

Cindy Anthony told Huizenga as she left her off that she would call her and let her know "if Caylee was okay."

Huizenga and Lazzaro both said they never heard Casey Anthony talk about hurting her child or Caylee suffering from any kind of accident. Lazzaro also said he never saw Anthony with chloroform, which is suspected of being used in this case.

Both Huizenga and Lazzaro were called as defense witnesses for the February depositions.

Anthony, 25, is charged with killing the child in 2008. The child's remains were found in December that year in woods off Suburban Drive near the Anthony home. Anthony's trial is scheduled to start next month.

Her defense team recently removed two mental health experts as experts from the "guilt phase" of the trial. Their reports, which were not disclosed publicly, will not be introduced at trial.

"However, the events referenced in the reports, which were gleaned through interviews with Ms. Anthony, are admissible as subject matter germane to the theory of the defense," defense attorney J. Cheney Mason stated in a recent court filing.

"Because the evidence will be presented in good faith as a theory of the defense, the evidence is highly relevant and the probative value of the subject matter is not substantially outweighed by unfair prejudice," Mason concluded.

It is not clear how that theory will be introduced at trial, but it is possible the statements of her friends could help the defense team explain why she was unwilling to tell her parents about Caylee's disappearance.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:06 am

"She used to make me dinner when we'd be living off of nothing," he said. "We hardly ever fought. The times that I was dating her – everything was really a good relationship."
She was stealing from her best friend, her parents and her grandmother to keep Lazarro fed but didn't give a damn about her own daughter.

If Lazarro makes that statement on the stand and I were a juror, that in itself would create reasonable doubt that something was definitely amiss!

Cindy Anthony asked Huizenga about Casey's job, and Huizenga said she thought she worked as an event planner at Universal Studios. "She [Cindy] said she didn't even think that Casey had a job," Huizenga said.
Now, this is news to me. WOW, this is extremely telling. Cindy said she drove to Universal one day right after she got a text from Casey but didn't get out of the car because Casey texted her back and said she was not on the property. I distinctly remember that. Cindy was Lying to the FBI. She knew very well that Casey wasn't working. So, where did she think she was going everyday? And, why would she need a "Nanny" if she wasn't working?

"On July 3, Cindy Anthony went to Universal Studios hoping she could find
Caylee. But she had no luck."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi cares Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 am

Attn. Gen. Pam Bondi is very impressive..If Only Casey Knows it would not surprise me if George gets the blame. I hope we do get Justice for Caylee...

Wrapitup wrote:I just watched the "48 Hours, Only Casey Knows". I think anyone who has no knowledge of this case would find "NotMom" Not Guilty. I was shocked at Linda Kenny Badan's outright "junk running of the mouth" - especially when she ADMITTED that Yes, Casey lied about the Nanny. Gee, like we didn't know that already.

CBS has once again taken interviews of George and Cindy from the beginning of this case. In fact, 85% of the facts and interviews and footage were from 2008.

The Only person who made total sense was Att. Gen. Pam Bondi (I was happy to see that she is now AG as in 08 during interviews, she was a Prosecuting Attorny for The State of Florida).

I fear that unless the prosecutors have a smoking gun of either dna or a fingerprint of Casey's on that duct tape, she MAY get a lesser sentence. I hope I am wrong, but the way this was presented makes me wonder.

Also, Art..I Loved the letter you wrote to "48 Hours". Too bad they didn't listen to you.

And...the photo's & video's of little Caylee were breathtaking. One can only imagine how show would look 3 year later. crying
Gigi cares
Gigi cares

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 am

Casey Anthony Defense Team Files New Motion

Posted on April 20th, 2011 by Jan Barrett

I am no lawyer but even I know how ridiculous this new motion is that Casey Anthony’s defense team has reportedly filed. According to the Examiner.com and WFTV.com her attorney’s are asking the court to allow them to put someone on the stand on behalf of their client to tell her story about why she didn’t tell anyone about her daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, missing for those 31 days before Casey’s mother reported it.

The Examiner used the titles “Casey Anthony Defense Motion Requesting Someone Other Than Casey Be Allowed to Tell Her Story at Her Trial” and “Casey Anthony team files motion asking someone testify on her behalf“. WFTV prefers “Defense Wants Someone Else To Tell Casey’s Story To Jury”

I almost fell out of my chair when I read these headlines. The reporters claim that this new motion came as a result of the Defense team having to give up their so called mental health experts testifying at the trial about Casey’s behavior after her daughter disappeared. If their witnesses were to take the stand it would give the prosecutors the right to have their own experts to examine Casey which could then lead to having her take the stand herself. Of course the defense doesn’t want that to happen.

According to both The Examiner and WFTV the defense claim that they want someone to tell Casey’s side of the story but apparently they don’t want the words coming out of her own mouth. OK so if this is allowed, wouldn’t this be someone testifying as hearsay? I always thought that was not allowed in courts. If someone else took the stand and only repeated what Casey Anthony says then it is just what she told them to say. That doesn’t make it a fact. Besides at this point what makes the defense team think after all this time of them keeping quiet that anyone would even believe her side of the story? I know I won’t.

Unfortunately neither WFTV nor The Examiner seemed to have bothered actually reading the Defense motion.

It is not about getting a ’surrogate’ on the witness stand. It is about the admissibility and use of the two reports by ‘head doctors’ Danziger and Weitz. Neither doctor will be on the stand, but the defense would like the ability to use their reports.

Actually this is an interesting conundrum, if Perry permits it, how would it be procedurally introduced? If neither doctor will be taking the stand, the only ‘witness’ would have to be Casey Anthony herself. I find it very hard to believe that even a desperate defense would risk putting Casey in that situation. The prosecution would have a field day. It would make Discovery’s Shark Week look like a bunch of goldfish in a bowl.

As with much ‘news’ published these days the Latin term Caveat Emptor ‘Buyer Beware’ should be applied when reading these articles by The Examiner and WFTV.

Simon and Jan Barrett

Let’s all remember the reason for this trial to begin with… Justice for Caylee!!!

This is a great article!! And, it makes perfect sense. Love Jan's sense of humor!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:12 am

Good Morning! The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 11 657979 -----> coffee.

Anxious to see what gets released today!!

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:36 am

Good morning Hippie. Is the hearing at 9 am Florida time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:53 am

Judge Expected To Rule On Key Evidence In Casey Case
Posted: 7:32 am EDT April 21, 2011
Updated: 8:06 am EDT April 21, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The judge could make important new rulings in the case against Casey Anthony on Thursday.

Judge Belvin Perry promised his rule by Thursday on whether hair evidence and controversial air tests from the trunk of Casey's car would be heard at her trial.
On Wednesday, the judge threw out a defense motion about using mental health experts to testify for Casey at the trial.

I think Lisette is right...no hearing today but JP will make the decisions in his chambers.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:01 am

True TV is interviewing Baez as I type.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:06 am

Dang it. No hearing?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:18 am

Nope.

The African American attorney on "In Session" did a 7 hour interview w/Baez. They just showed a short segment.

Starting May 7, one week before the hearing, they will start airing the interview.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 am

Sorry, LM...I think there was confusion about there being a hearing today. Actually, JP just wanted the Statement of Facts of the case for the jury by today. He asked the attorneys to let him know by today their preference for time for a status hearing for the week of Apr. 25-29. No hearing was scheduled for this week, but he did tell them he would be available if they needed him for anything.

Last edited by lisette on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:23 am

lindamarie wrote:Good morning Hippie. Is the hearing at 9 am Florida time?

I don't think there is one today, LM.

I could be wrong.

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Just released:

Defense depo of Tony Lazzaro:

Defense depo of Amy Huizenga:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Casey Anthony: Key rulings expected today on scientific evidenceBy Jaqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:51 a.m.

ORLANDO --
Judge Belvin Perry may make some big decisions in the case against Casey Anthony on Thursday.

Perry is expected to hand down rulings on several motions regarding numerous pieces of key evidence, including air samples from Casey's car, the presence of chloroform in the trunk and her alleged computer search for "how to make chloroform."

The judge is also expected to make a decision about which, if any, of the following evidence should be allowed to be presented during Casey's murder trial:

Stain found in Casey's car trunk
Heart-shaped sticker found near Caylee Anthony's remains
Police dog alerts indicating a dead body in her car and around the Anthony home.
Another ruling is expected on whether expert testimony about plants will be allowed, along with a hair found in the car trunk and the so called "smell of death" inside the car.

Casey's mother, Cindy, first claimed the trunk smelled like a dead body. She later retracted that statement, saying the smell was from rotting pizza.

Defense lawyers have argued the science around the evidence is too new, too novel and not widely accepted in the scientific community. State prosecutors argued the methods are acceptable.

I had forgotten that JP needed to rule on the root growth motion. And I don't think there was a motion about the computer search for how to make chloroform, was there?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:54 pm

I just read Tony's and Amy's depos, and it is obvious from Bozo's questions that they are going to throw GA and/or CA under the bus, or try to blame them for something. Bozo asked several times about KC telling them that her Dad had picked her car up either from Amscot or the impound lot and taken it to get the gas guage fixed (giving him access to it to use to dispose of Caylee). And Bozo asked Amy if the only way she knew that KC was lying about her parents getting a divorce and signing the house over to her was because Cindy had told her it wasn't true. If KC's going down, she's trying to make sure that GA and CA are going with her.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:08 pm

This is unreal - I cannot believe that they will do this.I wonder how Cindy will take it or if she knows and agrees? George will be furious and I bet they drag Lee into this too - frankly I dont feel sorry for them - they are a nest of scorpions.

Last edited by artgal16 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:32 pm

You know, I shouldn't be so judgemental, but this family, IMO, are nothing more than heathens. None of them understand the concept of love, committment, respect or compassion. They pretend like they do, but actually they have no clue.

Bozo is even worse than that. His attempt to create a reasonable doubt far exceeds the boundaries of reasonable and is, IMO, completely, totally, and entirely unethical.

Unless this unscrupulous twit can come up with some evidence that someone other than Casey killed Caylee, I really don't have any more patience with him.

Actual evidence, not just opportunity. Hell, I had opportunity, but that don't mean I did it.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:36 pm

HLN saying some rulings have been made but I think about paying for transcriptions, I missed the beginning of what they said but nothing about the ones we are waiting for.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Here is JP's order to JAC to pay for the transcription of some of the defense's depos. He issued it yesterday, I think.

Also, from yesterday, his order dismissing all the motions about the mental health expert witnesses:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:14 pm

The Anthonys or "Disfunction Junction" as I call them are really spinning.

I wonder if all of this is just to take the focus off of what is important. The trial of Casey Anthony.

Are they just trying, along with Baez, to make everybody think of lots of other things instead of staying focused?

It was interesting to read about Tony and Amy. Both of whom have remained quietly in the background.

Another $400 missing from Amy? What a friend we have in Casey.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:01 pm

OK, JP, where are those rulings!?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Casey Anthony: Judge rules stain in trunk will be in trial
ORLANDO --
Judge Belvin Perry ruled Thursday that the stain found in Casey Anthony's car trunk will be allowed in the trial.

Perry is still expected to hand down other key rulings...

Justice for Caylee is coming! :cheering:

Last edited by lisette on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:05 pm

I heard he many not rule today!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Perry was expected to rule on several other evidence mattes in the case, but a court official said no other rulings would be issued Thursday.

Drat, JP! I was holding you to your word, but I guess it is taking longer to make those decisions than you thought!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Perry said that the defense did not meet the legal burden needed to exclude the evidence. [the stain]
The defense "did not present any factual evidence at the hearing in support of the grounds alleged in the motion, and therefore failed to meet (the defense's) burden of proof," Perry wrote.

Judge's Order:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:19 pm

lisette wrote:Perry said that the defense did not meet the legal burden needed to exclude the evidence. [the stain]
The defense "did not present any factual evidence at the hearing in support of the grounds alleged in the motion, and therefore failed to meet (the defense's) burden of proof," Perry wrote.

Judge's Order:

Can anybody explain this to me. I am not a legal person. What was Baez supposed to do and what did he do? Was this negligance or just not good enough on Baez part?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:22 pm

I don't have a legal b'ground either. My take is...it will now be up to a jury to decide if the stain is relevant or not. Baez tried to get the stain out of the trial, saying it was more or less hearsay...could have been from the garbage, etc...
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:32 pm

I think when they make a motion they are supposed to cite case law - thats why they have those huge volumes of settled cases - so they make an argument
and back it up with cases support their point of view.
Baez is too lazy to bother but I cant figure out what
Cheney is doing in all this
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:37 pm

what time do the courts close in florida?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:37 pm

I think that in order for JP to exclude it, Bozo would have had to prove that it had nothing to do with Caylee's death, that it came from something else. However, even though some might say that it could have come from the garbage or something else, that will be up to the jury to decide after hearing testimony about it. In other words, JP could not exclude it based on what Bozo presented to him.
I guess that's all we're going to get today, so I'm off to my Mom's to make sure that she has eaten and taken her meds....
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 pm

artgal I could not find anything indicating when their courts close for the day. Anyone notice Mason had to excuse himself from Tony's deposition? Why? What made him so uncomfortable in Tony's when in Amy's he was there asking the hard questions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Allowing the stain in is big. What an impact that would make on me if I were a juror.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by flutter1 Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:33 pm

For someone who is unable to make out much from the pregnancy sonagram pictures, this looks very clearly to be the outline of a child's body.
flutter1
flutter1

http://www.flutterbyewings.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:46 pm

I rem. seeing this image enhanced somewhere...and it was so clear. :(
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Actually the stain bothers me. I always try to put myself in the place of a jury. I have never been able to understand ultrasounds. The girls say "look here mom see this or see that". I see nothing.

Then I remember somewhere reading that testing was done on the stain and they found absolutely no human remains or anything that would show it came from a body.

So perhaps the judge is right. Some say it is and some say it isn't. Lets see what the jury thinks.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Jeanne...CA was a good cleaner.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Cherylz that is right. I didn't take that into account. What a twisted family.

On a lighter note here is Caseys jailhouse snack orders. Looks like George has stopped funding.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Help, LM! We're getting multiple Casey Anthony threads! I think we need to merge... :thanks:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next