Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

+12
raine1953
charminglane
adelacruz
TerryRose
Bombshell
Heike
Nama
laga
artgal16
lisette
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
16 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 12 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by lisette Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:36 am

Testimony finished for today...Rodriquez being let go early means that they are not going to 1:00 today unless they have some other business to cover.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 12 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by lisette Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:37 am

JP is talking about the court order that Bozo violated today...It was when he got sanctioned.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:38 am

JP says longer working on saturday and extending it to maybe 6 pm on week days - one witness a day isnt going to cut it
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:39 am

JP: Be prepared to work until 3:00 next Sat. Doesn't like just covering one witness a day.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:41 am

Good day for the State, I think...Dr. Spitz just came across to me as an angry man, full of himself and his reputation. I know my perception is colored by my conviction of KC's guilt, though. Wonder how he came across to the jury...Any thoughts?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:51 am

Having had worked closely w/ Dr's in my career...here is my opinion. Dr G.--she would have been the bright, ariculate, fresh one that everyone would have stood back and taken notice when she arrived on the floor(scene). Probably full of new ideas, research, etc...
Dr Spitz...he was probably good and admired in his hey-day. Now he is slow of mind and body. Set in his ways and arrogant. Not very articulate. Close-minded. Not open to new ways/ideas.
Who would be the *star* ME in my mind? Dr G w/out a doubt.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 12 Empty Dr. Werner Spitz

Post by Nama Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 pm

A renowned forensic expert says the autopsy done on 2-year-old Caylee Anthony was “shoddy.”
Dr. Werner Spitz gave testimony Saturday in the trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida mother charged with murder in Caylee’s death.
Spitz has been an expert witness in several high-profile cases, including that of O.J. Simpson. He says it was a failure that Caylee’s head was not opened during the official autopsy. Spitz conducted a second autopsy afterward.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 12 Empty Anthony Defense Scolded Over Duct Tape Testimony

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 pm

POSTED: Saturday, June 18, 2011
UPDATED: 12:39 pm EDT June 18, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A forensic anthropologist and a medical examiner who has been involved in several high-profile cases were called by the defense Saturday in the Casey Anthony murder trial, a day in which the lead defense attorney was scolded by the judge.

The defense first called Dr. William Cesar Renado Rodriguez III, a forensic anthropologist employed by the U.S. Department of Defense Armed Forces Medical Examiner's Office, to the stand on Saturday, day 22 of the trial. Rodriguez said he was an unpaid consultant and detailed his background in dealing with human decomposition, which includes being the co-founder of the "Body Farm" in Tennessee, where decomposition is studied.

Rodriguez said the collection of evidence of Caylee's remains was very thorough, but he said reports failed to detail where her body was initially placed in the woods. He said it's important to find the exact location because that area may show evidence of decomposition and any trace evidence, such as fibers and clothing.
Rodriguez said he's also had numerous experiences in dealing with bodies bound by duct tape.

The state then objected, and a sidebar was called. Judge Belvin Perry excused the jury and asked Rodriguez about the comments he was going to make about duct tape. It was the third sidebar within the first 30 minutes of Saturday's proceedings, and Perry appeared to be very frustrated with the attorneys.

"Dr. Rodriguez, what opinion were you about to express with the duct tape?" Perry asked.

"That the positioning of the duct tape as it was found in the pictures in the medical examiner's office, the duct tape is in two different positions. Unless it was in a varied context, one cannot make an absolute finding in the positioning of the duct tape, one can not make a determination as to the restriction of the duct tape, whether it was around the areas of the eyes and mouth. In cases that I have had, I have only been able to conclude the positioning of the tape. Soft tissues have dried out," Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez didn't include his expert opinion in his report, something required by Perry in a court order issued in January.

"It appears to me that this was quite intentional," Perry said. "It was not inadvertent. The question is whether Casey Anthony should be punished by this."

Perry said case law allows for contempt or instructing the jury of the issue and allowing them to decide the credibility of the witness.
He then decided that Rodriguez could later testify after being deposed by the state after Saturday's proceedings ended. Perry said he will determine after the trial if Baez will be held in contempt for asking Rodriguez to testify about a matter that wasn't in his report and, therefore, unknown by the state.

In making his remarks, Perry also said that court was going to begin at 8:30 a.m. Saturday to discuss a possible violation of the rule of sequestration. Prosecutors said there was concern that defense witness Dr. Werner Spitz, in an interview with Local 6 reporter Tony Pipitone, may have seen video of the state's medical examiner. When Ashton learned that wasn't the case, he said it became a non-issue.

After Rodriguez was excused for the day, the defense called Spitz to the stand. He said that he's performed nearly 60,000 autopsies, including an autopsy on Caylee.

Spitz immigrated to the United States from Israel in 1959. He is a forensic pathologist and toxicology consultant and was the Wayne County, Mich., medical examiner for 16 years.

Spitz has been involved in several high-profile cases, including being a part of the review committee for John F. Kennedy's assassination and the Martin Luther King Jr. assassination. He was also involved with the O.J. Simpson wrongful death lawsuit and Phil Spector's murder trial.

In an interview before he was called to the stand, Spitz said he is questioning the failure of Dr. Jan C. Garavaglia, chief medical examiner for the District Nine (Orange-Osceola) Medical Examiner's Office in Florida, to open the child's skull during the original autopsy. Spitz said he has seen cases solved due to opening the skull.
"This case brings back another case that I had once where that the fact that the head had not been opened, and when I opened it, it brought out the cause of death in that case," Spitz said in the interview.

In testimony Saturday, Spitz said he opened Caylee's skull during his autopsy.

Anthony winced during the testimony as pictures of Caylee's skull were shown to the jury, but she was not overcome by emotions. She later shed tears and used a tissue to wipe her eyes. Anthony's father, George Anthony, left the courtroom during Spitz's graphic testimony, but his wife, Cindy Anthony, remained with her attorney.
Spitz said black flakes were found in the base of Caylee's skull, showing that her brain had completely dissolved.

"This is ashes to ashes and dust to dust that you read (about) in the Bible," Spitz told the jurors.

"I thought they had opened the bone to get access to the bone marrow cavity for the purpose of removing certain material that would be helpful to diagnoses, but I learned that that had not been the case," said Spitz, who added that the cause of Caylee's death is unknown.

Spitz said most of Caylee's bones were recovered, and some of them had chew marks on them from animals.

Spitz said he didn't agree with Dr. G.'s assessment that duct tape had been placed to Caylee's skull before she died.

"There was nothing on the bone that would suggest duct tape, and there was nothing on the duct tape that suggested skin, either," Spitz said. "I think the duct tape was a later event -- after decomposition."

Spitz said the manner of Caylee's death cannot be determined.
During cross-examination, Spitz said he relied on Dr. G's autopsy, visits to the crime scene and the Anthony family home to form his opinion about Caylee's manner of death. Spitz said he also asked questions of defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason and people in the Anthony home, although he couldn't name them. When asked if had access to police reports, Spitz said he did, but he couldn't say what reports he had read.

"I don't know that I had any facts on when (Caylee) was alive," said Spitz after being asked a question by state prosecutor Jeff Ashton.
"There was a pool at the house, which creates the possibility of drowning," Spitz said.

Spitz said Dr. G should have opened Caylee's skull during the autopsy.

"You should examine the whole body," he said. "There can be all kinds of things in a head that you need to know about."

Spitz admitted, however, that he knows of no documented protocol that states that a medical examiner should open a skull. He then referred to Dr. G's autopsy as "shoddy" because she failed to open Caylee's skull.

Ashton then asked Spitz about granting an interview to Pipitone and Local 6 News sister station WDIV-TV in Detroit.

"I don't remember what I talked to (WDIV-TV) about," Spitz said.
"You like high-profile cases, don't you?" Ashton said.

"Every case to me is high-profile," Spitz said. "That's why I open the head."

"When you opened (Caylee's) skull, you broke it, didn't you?" Ashton said.

"I didn't know that I did that," Spitz said.

Ashton ended his questioning by asking Spitz about hair and duct tape on Caylee's skull.

University of Nebraska forensic entomologist Timothy Huntington, a defense expert, testified Friday that the stench from the trunk of Anthony's car came from a bag of trash, not the decaying body of Caylee, her 2-year-old daughter she is accused of killing.
Huntington also said the carpet stain in the trunk of Anthony's car did not resemble human decomposition stains he has previously seen.

"The evidence doesn't make sense that there was a body in the trunk," said Huntington, whose testimony came on the second day of defense witnesses. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Caylee in the summer of 2008. The child's skeletal remains were discovered in a wooded area not far from her grandparents' home in December of that year.

Anthony, 25, has pleaded not guilty. She faces a possible death sentence if convicted. The prosecution contends the toddler was suffocated by duct tape placed over her nose and mouth. The defense said in its opening statement that she drowned in her grandparents' swimming pool.

Huntington was a pivotal defense witness, following testimony last week by the prosecution's entomology expert Neal Haskell.
Haskell said he found only a small number of bugs on the toddler's remains in the woods and on paper towels inside Anthony's trunk; Huntington told jurors that he would have expected to see hundreds of dead insects if Caylee had been stored in the trunk.
Hunting said his testimony was based in part on research he conducted about what happened to decomposing pigs inside car trunks.

In that research, which took place in September 2010 in Nebraska, Huntington put dead pigs in the trunks of cars and observed them as they decomposed. He referenced finding blow flies, or the first type of flies drawn to decomposing material, soon after death. He also noted the presence of a pronounced stain of decomposition fluid on the carpeting of his test trunk.

He said he would expect to see the same things in a trunk with a decomposing human body.

"If we assume that a body was in the (Anthony) trunk, you expect to find many flies," Huntington said. "... I would expect to find hundreds, thousands of those dead insects as I did in the experiment."

Huntington described the decomposition fluid he observed in the pig experiment as distinct.

"It is a sticky, greasy, disgusting material," he said. "Once it soaks in there, I'm not sure a professional cleaner could get it out."

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton attacked Huntington's conclusions on cross-examination. He got Huntington to acknowledge that Haskell's report that wherever the body was before it was taken to the woods was likely around three days. Huntington also said it was possible the body was inaccessible to the blow flies he described observing in the pig experiment.

Huntington also said that in his 75 consultations in homicides with law enforcement, that other than his pig experiment, this was the first actual case or case study he had encountered where a child's decomposing body was suspected to have been in a car trunk.
"So we can assume none of the studies involved wrapping a child in a blanket, stuffing the child in two plastic bags and a laundry bag?" Ashton said.

Huntington said the studies did not involve those things.

Ashton's voice rose at times throughout the testimony and earlier in the day when he and defense attorney Jose Baez tried to talk over each other while arguing an issue with the jury outside the courtroom. It caused Judge Belvin Perry to step in.

"I don't care if Mr. Baez is standing on his head or one leg. Let's stick to the facts and be professional," Perry said.

Later in the afternoon during another testy moment, Perry had to call all attorneys up for a sidebar to calm things down.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:04 pm

artgal16 wrote:The entire contents of the skull if he bothered to open it and also broke it while doing so should then have been analyised - but they should still have the sediment so why cant they analyse it now?
If it was so important to open the skull to see what was inside, then whatever contents was found should have been sent to lab for analysis, if it isn't then as far as Im concerned the purpose of opening it, is mute and proves nothing.
I agree, Dr. G, is more up to date in the ways of examining remains. Caylee was fully decomposed.. If she felt it necessary to open the skull, she would have, she is very thorough. Perhaps Dr. Spitz should tune in to Dr. G's show. he could learn a thing or two, that is, if his own brain could retain it...
Bombshell
Bombshell

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:05 pm

lisette wrote:Good day for the State, I think...Dr. Spitz just came across to me as an angry man, full of himself and his reputation. I know my perception is colored by my conviction of KC's guilt, though. Wonder how he came across to the jury...Any thoughts?

I am sure I am in the minority but I kind of liked Dr. Spitz. I am not into any of this forensic stuff so I kind of turn my head a lot. The bug guy about did me in yesterday.

But Dr. Spitz held his own against Jeff Ashton who we know is full of passion.

I think Dr. Spitz is yesterday and Dr. G is today.

My thought is that nobody knows how that little body was moved or washed over or under water or disbursed by animals in the forrest. We have no clue as to all that could have happened to little Caylee.

So I concentrate more on the fact that Casey looked up Chlorform, was the last one with Caylee, had a huge fight with Cindy, and we know her rage. Her car smelled like "a dead body was in the dam trunk" and partied 31 days without looking or giving a care about where Caylee was..because she knew.

I honestly think the defense is going to bring in all these guys and then use that as smoke and mirrors to give reasonable doubt.

Lets face it these folks on the jury are just common folks that have no idea about bodies and bugs left out in the elements.

I hope they see this defense for what it is. Nothing.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:09 pm

MagpieFromHinky Pamela

A few juror's shook their heads "NO"
1 minute ago

Do you happen to know what they shook their heads in relation to?

I believe that was when tried to float the idea that the M.E.'s office staged the duct tape.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Whew guys, I missed all the trial today and came here on page 8, read it all and must say a big THANK YOU! to all of you for your post. I am now caught up and informed by the best "experts". I won't have to watch those on tv that make me want to act like Elvis and shoot it.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 pm

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Casey Murder Trial Day 33
WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer talks about day 33 of Casey Anthony's murder trial. (06/18/11)

RAW VIDEO: Judge Scolds Baez
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:23 pm

lisette wrote:Good day for the State, I think...Dr. Spitz just came across to me as an angry man, full of himself and his reputation. I know my perception is colored by my conviction of KC's guilt, though. Wonder how he came across to the jury...Any thoughts?

Lisette, I know we are biased as to her guilt, but even with a step back, this man was obviously not clear and his reasoning was lack--where is the WHY? I heard a couple jurors smirked...so I think it was clear!
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Turned on the tv at 9 this morning and w/in the first 5 min, it was clear Bozo was trying to make the juror's think the skull had been moved. I just couldn't watch this travesty so I didn't.

The State's case was never dull and the direct was done extremely well by LDB and JA. This direct of Baez's is boring, ridiculous, inept, and it's evident (as per the scolding he got from JP) that he is playing "dirty pool". Literally.

He better step it up or he will lose all credibility (if he hasn't done so already).
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Kathi Belich tweeted

Dr. Werner Spitz complimented Jeff Ashton on his cross examination afterward..
Baez pushed me out of his way as I interviewed Spitz unhappy

1 minute ago
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:37 pm

laga wrote:Whew guys, I missed all the trial today and came here on page 8, read it all and must say a big THANK YOU! to all of you for your post. I am now caught up and informed by the best "experts". I won't have to watch those on tv that make me want to act like Elvis and shoot it.

I also want to thank all of you who are here blogging with us. Each and everyone that has posted and followed along deserves a great big Couple Hugging It has been painful in more ways than one watching this trial. I am so impressed with Judge Perry. Some times those unanswered prayers are the best ones. The first Judge (Strickland) stepping down was a huge blessing.

3 years ago today KC backed her car in to her Parents garage, borrowed a shovel from a neighbor, took a shower and made her get away while her Parents were at work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:58 pm

lindamarie wrote: 3 years ago today KC backed her car in to her Parents garage, borrowed a shovel from a neighbor, took a shower and made her get away while her Parents were at work.

Meanwhile, kc's daughter's body was laying still..... somewhere......decomposing...
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Does anyone know if the A's are still funding Casey's account? Where do you locate that info?

Baez must not being have a good evening! Karma BABY!!!!!
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Heike wrote:Does anyone know if the A's are still funding Casey's account? Where do you locate that info?

As of Friday, June 10th, Casey has $185.12 in her Jail money account.

More on the link: not sure if this is all accurate information....BJ
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 12 Empty More about Casey's jailhouse account

Post by Nama Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:51 pm

BJ wrote:
Heike wrote:Does anyone know if the A's are still funding Casey's account? Where do you locate that info?

Thank you...so no mention of the A's recently, hmmmm. Wonder what the source is....and who are the whack jobs? hahaha
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Heike wrote:
BJ wrote:

Thank you...so no mention of the A's recently, hmmmm. Wonder what the source is....and who are the whack jobs? hahaha

Heike ...Cindy Anthony went to visit her daughter Casey on Mothers Day but Casey would not see her. Cindy left a $300 dollar check for Casey's account.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:18 pm

by jeanne1807 Today at 6:13 pm Cindy Anthony went to visit her daughter Casey on Mothers Day but Casey would not see her. Cindy left a $300 dollar check for Casey's account.
Mothers Day was 6 weeks ago. George and Cindy have know what Casey's defense was going to be for 9+ weeks. No wonder Casey refused to see Cindy. I think Cindy should have left a message for Casey by leaving $5 in her jailhouse account. There's a lot one can say without words.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Prosecutors said there was concern that defense witness Dr. Werner Spitz, in an interview with Local 6 reporter Tony Pipitone, may have seen video of the state's medical examiner. When Ashton learned that wasn't the case, he said it became a non-issue.

Art, this snippet from the article upthread answers our questions about the possible sequestration violation this morning.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks lisette. They sure kept that kind of quiet. I was on about 15 mins early this morning. So I missed 15 mins of the beginning. As I did not get the memo JP sent telling everyone they would begin at 8:30 am
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 pm

BJ wrote:
by jeanne1807 Today at 6:13 pm Cindy Anthony went to visit her daughter Casey on Mothers Day but Casey would not see her. Cindy left a $300 dollar check for Casey's account.
Mothers Day was 6 weeks ago. George and Cindy have know what Casey's defense was going to be for 9+ weeks. No wonder Casey refused to see Cindy. I think Cindy should have left a message for Casey by leaving $5 in her jailhouse account. There's a lot one can say without words.

Thats why I think the Anthonys are all in bed together on this defense.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:48 pm

I'm watching some of the testimony from the trial right now and it just hit me like a tone of bricks....... I haven't seen Cindy gum even once during the entire trial!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:54 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:
BJ wrote:

I don't agree. G and C both are being quite honest with answers that aren't good for Casey's defense. Cindy is fudging a little, but I still think she's come along way. At least she's not acting the way she did when she was being asked about the nanny that she didn't think was a 10. I suppose, evident when she said "I love you" as she walked past Casey that she still loves her daughter and wants to let Casey know. Or maybe the $300 was to encourage Casey to not go with the planned defense.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:44 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:
Heike wrote:
BJ wrote:

Thanks, Jeanne, that one I heard about, but am wondering if the flow of funds stopped, but then $300 goes a bit...? I wonder why she does not have a judgment on her account to take out 20% for what she owes Amy? In Iowa, where I have an family inmate, that is the case?

What madness, eh? la la la

Heike ...Cindy Anthony went to visit her daughter Casey on Mothers Day but Casey would not see her. Cindy left a $300 dollar check for Casey's account.

Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:48 pm

I posted a snippet from an article earlier but today I spoke with my daughter (law degree) and she affirmed and explained in simple words.

Client tells attorney they are guilty of murder--NOT priviledged
Client tells attorney location of body--NOT priviledged

and attorney being an officer of the court is REQUIRED to disclose this information.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:
BJ wrote:

Good evening all! What a ride we are on!

Jeanne, do you think the A's testimony has helped the defense? Is that what you mean? I am sorry, I am a bit lost on their being in bed with the defense...how do you think they have helped them, just for clarity?

I think they love their daughter and do not know how to find their way through this reality with that emotion as an everpresent...but by all accounts, they have been strong witnesses for the procesution by telling their story...and it is what it is. They want her to be comfortable and love her, but they are not testifying with the defense's story, but against?

Are there ideas out there that you believe in, of where their testimony helped the defense?

i am thoroughly confused? What actions, or testimony puts them in bed with the defense?

xoxo
Heike

Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:08 pm

laga wrote:I posted a snippet from an article earlier but today I spoke with my daughter (law degree) and she affirmed and explained in simple words.

Client tells attorney they are guilty of murder--NOT priviledged
Client tells attorney location of body--NOT priviledged

and attorney being an officer of the court is REQUIRED to disclose this information.

This is huge to me, thank you, Laga, as I have always had an issue with this idea that defense attorney's can know guilt and still defend? It seems to be a practice, if not a law? That is only my "idea" of what I have ascertained...but it is not privedleged. Wow, good to know. Only in murder or location of a body?
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:26 pm

I have a major issue, analytically with the timing of decomposition....in relationship with the timing of the SMELL in Casey's trunk...the timing of the experts and the facts that we have of when it was or was not apparent.

There are so many variables...to me the technical evidence does not match Casey's MO...but do we not have evidence that is differing...? I may be wrong, but I heard 2-5 days before the final resting place, but then, no early decomp in trunk, did I get this wrong? So where is the latter decomp in trunk? Are they just not able to define it by days and they are trying? Or am I lost?

Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Heike, I still think that when Casey brought those gas cans back on the 24th of June, that is when she grabbed that laundry bag with the handles and the trash bags the laundry bag was in. I believe Cindy testified to that fact and pics were shown where they laundry and trash bags WERE prior to the 24th.

I do NOT think that Caylee was in the trunk then, as George would have smelled the decomp. It was 3 days later, on the 27th..when Casey told Aimi that her car smelled like a dead squirrel and that was also the day she left her car at Amscot on the premise that it "ran out of gas".

Casey Had to have been keeping Caylee's body somewhere else. Could she have dumped her and went back and placed her in the laundry and trash bags then?

The timeline from the 16th to the 27th is very suspicious. It was noted that decomp fluids were on a paper towel in Casey's trunk w/coffin flies..so she was beginning to decomp and Casey had to be rid of her fast. I still wonder about the abandoned house and Why Dominic Casey was looking there. I also wonder if DC w/be called to the stand. I doubt it as he used to work for Bozo.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 12 Empty Casey Anthony’s Sadistic Laughter In Court at “Pigs In A Blanket”

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:39 pm

(She needs a secretary or proof reader!) She meant "Caylee" in the trunk. Geez..she is a millionaire I am sure. I usually agree w/what she says but damn..hire someone to proof read! head bang
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:08 am

Kathie, THANK you, I need my whole brain to go here, with the decomp,but I have two thoughts unrelated...

Do we know if Q? that was the duct tape with the heart sticker residue was the duct tape that we could presume was the one on the outside?

Also, why did the State not bring TL back to talk about the context of the tatoo? I would think a big part of her excitement in doing this was Tony being Italian, a part of their relationship...and that they would have had disucssions of this?
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:38 am

Wrapitup wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(She needs a secretary or proof reader!) She meant "Caylee" in the trunk. Geez..she is a millionaire I am sure. I usually agree w/what she says but damn..hire someone to proof read! head bang

But what of this:
When he realized that he made a play on words (pigs in a blanket) referring to the little rolled up hotdogs that is often served as appetizers he laughed. It was OK for him to laugh at that question, but it was NOT OK for Casey to join in.

Didn't JA make it clear that he said that intentionally?
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 12 Empty at about :55 on the video

Post by Nama Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:33 am

Inappropriate as Hell, Casey! grrrr
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 am

BJ wrote:I'm watching some of the testimony from the trial right now and it just hit me like a tone of bricks....... I haven't seen Cindy gum even once during the entire trial!

Perhaps Judge Perrys warning stayed with her. Can you imagine how much better that family would have been with a man like Judge Perry!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:30 am

jeanne1807 wrote:Interesting article.

A lot of good points there, Jeanne! Thank you for sharing!
:-)
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 am

I do not always agree with L.Glass, but I think she might be right about kc looking at her trial as a third party. How else could she get into a frame of mind to find anything funny? However, I do not think it is a sign of kc's guilt or innocence in the laughter.

About the time frame with the smell in the trunk, I do not think we have heard from an expert anything about when the smell begins. Decomposition begins immediately and therefore, I do not think the body was moved numerous times. I believe there is proof she was not murdered in the trunk, but I believe she was placed there SOON after and inside the bags. I think it may have been the 24th when she threw her into the woods, after she realized how close she came to being discovered there. I think she had something in mind with the gas cans for disposal??? Geo may not have gotten close enough to the trunk. I recall he stated she hurried to get in front of him and grabbed the cans out, threw them at him, got into the car and left quickly.

I had an elderly relative who lived alone, die inside his home. An elderly neighbor noticed he had not been outside to collect his mail for several days and went to check on him. She brought his 3 days of mail inside and left it, thinking he was asleep, she did not disturb him. When 3 more days had passed she went inside again and at that time the smell was strong and she called authorities. Granted he was inside, not in the Florida heat, nor in the trunk of a car.

I would like to hear testimony about when the smell of decomposition begins and becomes strong to answer this question.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:59 am

jeanne1807 wrote:Interesting article.

Thanks Jeanne, I find this article more than interesting, it is very well written and makes excellent points....

Jeff Ashton schooled a young Phd, but did more than that: he showed what professional preparation looks like.

It is time for Jeff Ashton to move on.

Jeff Ashton has a strong intellect, the ability to follow an argument, and he has passion. Why did he lose his temper so often with Baez?

Jeff Ashton is a professional for whom the court house is hallowed ground; a place of dignity and justice for victims. It is a place where truth must rule, and where all the darkness of evil must be brought to the light for destruction. Believing this as he does, he cannot accept the disdain that Jose Baez has for truth, and he cannot abide a man of such base character polluting a holy place with contempt and deception.

Jose Baez does not respect the criminal justice system, nor does he understand the inherent dignity found in truth. He lies with impunity, and acts with juvenile abandon of manners.

Question: Why did Jeff Ashton tell Judge Perry that Baez was texting during court?

Answer: Because to Ashton, court is a place where the highest expectation of decor should be maintained. He does not want it turned into a video game for childish smirks, taunts and game playing.

Jeff Ashton is there for justice.

Question: Why did he feel the need to pummel the bug expert?

Answer: Because he sold his soul to Baez and sought to trample over Caylee Marie Anthony and Ashton would not let him get away with it.

The prosecution did not even need to cross examine a bug expert who was so filled with self-importance that he thought it okay to feign expertise in a child murder case.

Ashton is filled with terrible resolve and his emotional outbursts are the results of righteous anger towards the indignities placed upon a 3 year old girl; first by the killer throwing her away as if trash, and then by anyone who dares to stand in a court of law and seek to degrade Caylee Marie Anthony for even a moment, on the cause of self promotion.

Jeff Ashton, an attorney, out-scienced the science professor.

Jeff Ashton needs to move on. His talents should now be rewarded.

While others sought self promotion, including Baez, Linda Baden, Dr. Kobe, Dr. Lee, (and the list goes on), Jeff Ashton was silent for three years. Now Baden spews her defensive posture deception post cosmetic surgery in shameless self promotion while the professional Jeff Ashton stayed glued to his law books and his science books.

When this trial is over, Jeff Ashton needs to be looked at.

He is not a high paid private practice attorney and now we know that it is not due to a lack of talent. When this trial is over, the taxpayers of Florida may lose a valuable asset in Jeff Ashton. Whether he lands in private practice, or as a TV commentator, or even a judge, Ashton is a man who all lovers of justice should want in their corner.

Jeff Ashton is the polar opposite of Jose Baez. They do not belong in the same room together. Baez' limited intellect is only rivaled by his lazy lack of preparedness, which is overshadowed by his inability to tell the truth.

Jeff Ashton is the real deal. He is authentic, hard working, learned, quietly prepared, and has turned down the glitter and has stayed focus. He is the genuine article.

Jose Baez is homeless, because he won't pay the landlord, well dressed, and wearing a fake rolex watch at a bar, with a wad a one dollar bills hidden between 2 twenties. He is the 21st Century version of the Emperor's New Clothes with wireless internet access. These two men should never have landed in the same building unless Baez was wearing an orange jump suit for perjury.

Ashton is a principled man who's moral compass never lost its direction. For Prosecutor Jeff Ashton, it has and always will be about justice.

For now, and for the past 3 years, it has been about Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Laga the way Casey has acted since her precious child went missing mistifies the whole world.

All I can say is that I think she has a coldness and perhaps some condition that detaches her from being able to really love and really mourn.

Many have said she is like a person watching a movie during this trial. It all seems to be about somebody else.

I have been very critical of Cindy and George and their raising of Casey. But I know from personal experience that sometimes you have a child that all you can do is try to make nice. They take over your existance and you are in survival mode with them.

Perhaps that is what they did. There is definitely something wrong with Casey. What...I surely don't know. But it is too late for Caylee. Sigh....
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Happy Fathers Day All! Does anyone remember when the Anthonys paved and worked on the yard? Was it around the first week of July?
I thought that Casey wrapped Caylee in the blanket and the laundry bags and buried her under the playhouse or else somewhere near there (not near the pool) and when she found out that her parents were going to work in the yard and put in the pavers she then moved the body which had plenty of fluid by then. She used trash bags to move the body into the trunk and some of that fluid spilled out into the trunk. Casey then immediately took her to the woods and dumped her body and that was why there were not many blowflies in the trunk. She tried to clean the spill with some of the paper towels which she left in the trunk. I got that far in my thoughts but that still doesnt explain why she backed into the driveway just a few days after the 16th or borrowed the shovel then. They also have small dogs - I still also wonder why the dogs wouldnt have been attracted to any place that she might put Caylees body for a short time before moving her. The fluid from the trunk would then start to smell strongly -and she eventually abandoned the car. There are still a lot of holes also in this theory as well.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:13 pm

I opened my Time Magazine Saturday and in the middle I was shocked to find a large article about Casey Anthony! She has really made the big time
when you get an article in Time Magazine. There was a group of women pictured who all had killed their children. A rogues gallery so to speak.
Not a happy group to be placed in.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next