Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

+8
Slys Hunny
HippyChick2
Darkman
Lilone
spayneuteryourpets
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
12 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 am

spayneuteryourpets wrote:I'm beginning to think it was premeditated.
Beginning to think? I have no doubt it was all premediated. I think the ONLY way Travis had a chance of being alive today is if he had told Jodi he would take HER to Cancun. my 2 cents

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 am

BJ wrote:Ok....understood now.
Thought about how I worded that in the wee hours attempting to fall asleep. pulling hair
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 8 Empty JA Confession

Post by FeatherPony Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Can anyone explain JA's 'confession'? If it wasn't taped, how was it documented? confused
FeatherPony
FeatherPony

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:15 pm

They had the evidentiary hearing today, but I didn't get a chance to watch. There's one video of it so far on you tube, but the sound quality is awful.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From what I read at the Justice for Travis fb site, the prosecutor did an excellent job of debunking everything the defense witness had to say today. They'll probably show parts of it on HLN tonight.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherPony Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:54 pm

samgoodwin wrote:They had the evidentiary hearing today, but I didn't get a chance to watch. There's one video of it so far on you tube, but the sound quality is awful.

From what I read at the Justice for Travis fb site, the prosecutor did an excellent job of debunking everything the defense witness had to say today. They'll probably show parts of it on HLN tonight.

Thanks Sam!
FeatherPony
FeatherPony

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

FeatherPony wrote:Can anyone explain JA's 'confession'? If it wasn't taped, how was it documented? confused

I'm not sure if it was taped or not. I would think it was, or maybe was just a signed confession? It maybe was taped and the state is saving it for later?

This Gus Searcy guy from today seems slimy. They showed clips on JVM.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 8 Empty Did Arias prosecutor play by the rules?

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:29 pm

By Graham Winch
updated 2:51 PM EST, Mon January 28, 2013

Jodi Arias’ defense attorneys say the prosecution is guilty of misconduct in the case against their client.

Monday, Arias’ attorneys presented evidence to try to prove it to the judge.

If the prosecution acted inappropriately or in an unfair manner, Arias could avoid criminal liability. At this point, it is unclear exactly what Nurmi is accusing Martinez of doing wrong.

During Monday’s hearing, Arias’ attorneys called Gus Searcy (pictured below) to the stand. He’s an executive with Legal Shield, which used to be known as Prepaid Legal, the company that employed both Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias.
Searcy testified that Chris Hughes, a friend of Arias and Alexander, talked to him before the trial about why he was on the defense's witness list. Hughes allegedly told Searcy that defense attorney Kirk Nurmi was a snake for all the sneaky things he had done in the Arias case.

In a heated exchange, prosecutor Juan Martinez asked Searcy if he is trying to use this situation to get attention. Searcy responded by asking Martinez where he had gotten that idea. Martinez yelled back at Searcy that he was the only one allowed to ask questions. Eventually, Searcy said that he was not using this situation for attention.

After Searcy was done testifying, Martinez called Hughes (pictured below) to the stand to answer questions about his conversation with Searcy before the trial. Hughes testified he did text Searcy after his wife told him he was on Arias' witness list, and eventually talked to him on the phone.
Hughes testified that during his pre-trial phone call with Searcy, Searcy told him that he had information that could either hurt or help Arias' case.

He also said Searcy loves the limelight, and has even appeared on the TV show "The People's Court."

The hearing will continue Tuesday morning, Nurmi will call another witness at 12:15 p.m. to support his argument that Martinez committed prosecutorial misconduct. Judge Sherry Stephens also ordered Hughes to return to court Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. ET for cross examination. In between these witnesses, the defense will begin its case.

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard accusations of prosecutorial misconduct in this trial. Earlier, Nurmi asked the judge to declare a mistrial, arguing that prosecutor Juan Martinez elicited false information during the testimony of Mesa, Arizona, police Det. Michael Melendez regarding the availability of text messages recovered from the victim’s cell phone. Stephens denied that motion for mistrial.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 8 Empty Heated Conversation Today at the Evidenciary Hearing

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm

I cannot find this anywhere online (yet) but Nancy Grace is saying that JA tried to plea out to 2nd degree murder and the prosecution turned her down.

IF this is true, IMHO, she and the defense team must think the State has a very good case..otherwise, why would she try to get a plea deal? She's the one that said no jury would ever convict her.

Re: FeatherPony's question (WELCOME!) I think the State has not let this cat out of the bag yet.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Resumes; Defense To Call Witnesses

By BRIAN SKOLOFF 01/28/13 04:44 PM ET EST

PHOENIX -- Jodi Arias was adamant at first. She said she knew nothing about her lover's death, didn't slit his throat, stab him nearly 30 times or put a bullet in his forehead.

Then she offered a different story: Masked intruders killed Travis Alexander and she escaped.

Arias finally settled on a third version: She had slain her abusive, on-again, off-again boyfriend in self-defense. It was kill or be killed, her attorneys told jurors during their opening statement at her ongoing trial.

However, her different stories will pose a formidable obstacle as those attorneys present their case beginning Tuesday in a Phoenix courtroom in the trial that has become a cable TV news sensation. A number of legal experts agree the primary goal for the defense will be to spare Arias the death penalty.

Brief questions posed by jurors through a judge to the lead detective as he testified could offer Arias some hope – maybe not for acquittal but possibly to avoid becoming just the fourth woman on Arizona's death row.

Did authorities check the alibis of Alexander's roommates? Yes. Were any knives missing from sets inside his home? No. Did police find Arias in possession of the gun used in the killing? No, none of the weapons have been recovered.

The questions were previously answered during the trial but might suggest jurors aren't so sure about the prosecution's case and the theory that it was a premeditated killing – a requirement for the death penalty.

All the defense has to do now is "feed the doubt," California jury consultant Howard Varinsky said.

The trial began in early January with all the elements needed for big play in the tabloids. Prosecutors presented pictures of the 32-year-old defendant and the victim taken on the day of the killing – Arias nude on his bed, Alexander in the shower, then dead on the bathroom floor.

The couple's stormy courtship was replayed in court. They met in 2007 in Las Vegas. Alexander was a 30-year-old Mormon, motivational speaker and successful businessman, Arias an aspiring photographer. They dated for about five months. Arias lived in Southern California and would visit Alexander at his Mesa home.

His friends say Arias practically lived with Alexander, and that he became bothered by her possessiveness. When he broke it off, she stalked him for months, according to testimony.

She claims she ended the relationship after catching Alexander in too many lies. Still, she said she moved to Mesa at his urging after the breakup as the pair continued to have sex while he dated other women.

Arias told police that on the day of the killing, June 4, 2008, Alexander invited her to his home for sex then became enraged when she dropped his new camera while snapping photos of him. She claims she had to fight for her life.

The defense has yet to explain, however, why she put his camera and bedding in a washing machine, why she didn't call authorities; why she changed her story; and what happened to the weapons.

Alexander was shot in the head with a .25-caliber gun, the same caliber weapon that Arias' grandparents reported stolen from their California home about a week before the killing. Arias had been staying with them when the weapon was taken, authorities said.

Prosecutors say she stabbed and slashed Alexander 27 times, slit his throat, then shot him in the head in a final salvo of rage. The sheer brutality of the attack contradicts her claim of self-defense, they contend.

Defense attorneys concede that she shot Alexander and say he kept fighting, forcing her to fend him off with a knife.

In an early police interrogation of Arias, she insisted she didn't kill Alexander.

"Jodi, tell me the truth, please," Mesa police detective Esteban Flores said in the videotaped interrogation played for jurors. He noted her bloody palm print and hair were found at the scene along with the photographs that prove she was there.

"I did not kill Travis," Arias replied.

However, she said if she were to have killed him, stabbing would have been too cruel.

"I don't think I could stab him. I think I would have to shoot him until he was dead if that were my intentions," Arias told the detective. "If I had it in me to kill him, the least I could have done was make it as humane as possible."

Now that defense attorneys have said Arias did shoot Alexander, the only question is which account jurors believe.

"The truth can always be somewhere in between," said Laurie Levenson, a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and a former federal prosecutor.

Levenson said the defense will attempt to explain away everything.

In one scenario, Levenson said, defense lawyers could say Arias brought the gun from her grandparents' house but only for protection if Alexander got abusive, not to kill him. They could say she changed her stories out of fear, thinking no one would believe her, and that she was in shock after the killing so she didn't call police.

"She just needs one, just one juror to have reasonable doubt," Levenson said. "For the defense, it's going to be a victory if she doesn't end up with the death penalty."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 pm

So far, this is the only thing I can find on the web re: Jodi wanting a plea deal.

@NancyGraceHLN : Bombshell tonight #JodiArias tried to plead guilty to murder 2! Prosecutors say NO WAY! 1 hour ago

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I cannot find this anywhere online (yet) but Nancy Grace is saying that JA tried to plea out to 2nd degree murder and the prosecution turned her down.

IF this is true, IMHO, she and the defense team must think the State has a very good case..otherwise, why would she try to get a plea deal? She's the one that said no jury would ever convict her.

Re: FeatherPony's question (WELCOME!) I think the State has not let this cat out of the bag yet.
I watched NG too and heard the same thing.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Wonder WHY it's not even in her video's? Figured it would be after her show. Makes no sense. Hope she's not "Bombshelling" her way to Meza, AZ for more ratings. Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 8 Empty Jodi Arias Must Overcome Her Lies If She Testifies This Week

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 am

By COLLEEN CURRY
Jan. 29, 2013

Alleged killer Jodi Arias is expected to take the stand this week and will try to convince an Arizona jury that her third version of how her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander died -- that she killed him in self defense -- is what really happened when she stabbed and shot him in his bathroom.

Her attorneys will also try to paint a sympathetic picture of Arias as a soft-spoken aspiring artist and photographer who was a recent and devout convert to Mormonism.

It won't be easy. Her lawyers will have to overcome the prosecution's image of a woman who can glibly lie to friends as well as police, about things as mundane as where she worked to how she killed Alexander.

"I don't know how she can not take the stand, getting her up there you can have her crying and sobbing, saying she loved him, how horrible it was. I can't conceive how you wouldn't," said Melvin McDonald, a criminal defense attorney and former judge and prosecutor. McDonald has opposed Arias' prosecutor Juan Martinez in the past.

"She has got be likeable, tearful, show remorse for what happened. She has got to talk about the great times they had, talk about how he turned on her, how he was mean and ugly and demeaning, and the pictures he took and the pressure he would put on her, that sort of stuff," McDonald said.
I have no doubt this is EXACTLY what she w/do but am not buying into it. 🇳🇴

Arias, now 32, has been in jail since admitting to killing Alexander, 29, in 2008. She dated Alexander for a year and continued to have a sexual relationship with for a year after they broke up. Her attorneys claim she killed him in self-defense, and that he was a controlling, abusive boyfriend who took advantage of a nice girl who fell in love.

Alexander's friends, however, have depicted Arias as a jealous woman and a stalker. Prosecutors argue that her jealousy drove her to plot Alexander's murder, driving from California to his house in Mesa, Ariz., to have sex with him, luring him into a vulnerable position, and then stabbing him 27 times and shooting him in the head.

The jury in the case will have to sort through the divergent portraits of Arias, who sits in court each day in conservative blouses and large glasses and who cries each time prosecutors discuss Alexander's death.

Arias grew up in the sleepy northern California town of Yreka with four siblings, her parents, and her grandparents close by. She told the TV program "48 Hours" that her childhood was "almost ideal. I have a big family. We're all very close."

Her mother attends court every day and Arias sells prison portraits on eBay to help pay her mother's expenses.

As a teenager, Arias dropped out of Yreka High School, but in her twenties grew ambitious when she began working for a company called Pre-Paid Legal, where at a conference in 2006 she met Alexander, a Pre-Paid Legal success story and a Mormon.

Arias' lawyer, Jennifer Willmott, has said that Arias was captivated by Alexander, who talked about marriage, children and leading a pious life. In just two months after they met, Alexander convinced Arias to convert to Mormonism, according to Willmott.

"Jodi wanted nothing but to please Travis," Wilmott said in her opening statements.

"She would often tell me about how she felt about her religious beliefs, the Book of Mormon," said Ryan Burns, another Mormon whom Arias dated after Alexander. "She was a convert, by Travis... She mentioned reading the scriptures."

She even cited the 10 commandments during her grilling over Alexander's death, telling Detective Esteban Flores, "If I did that I'd be fully ready to the consequences. I'm all for the 10 commandments, thou shall not kill."

What Jodi Arias Must Do When She Takes the Stand

But those taped police interrogations also show Arias lying easily and determinedly, denying that she was even in Arizona when Alexander was killed. She drew a map for Flores to show how she got lost on her way to Utah -- not Arizona -- to see Burns. She said the reason why her phone was off during the time of Alexander's death was because she lost it and its battery died. She later found the phone, she said, under the passenger seat of her car.

When Arias was cornered by evidence that she was at Alexander's house -- including dated photos of them nude on Alexander's bed -- she curled up in her chair and told police that a masked couple, a man and a woman, killed Alexander and took down information from her driver's license on where she and her parents lived.

In yet another example of what could be perceived as her ability to lie and lack of remorse, Arias drove straight from Alexander's house to Burns' home in Utah where they chastely kissed and cuddled. When Burns asked about cuts on her hands, Arias said she broke a glass at a bartending job.

"Jodi is not a sympathethic person," McDonald said. "It was an act of savagery. Look at the description of how she left him dead in the bathtub for days and within 24 hours was in bed with another guy in Utah."

McDonald said he expects the defense to try to convince the jury that Arias must have been faced with extraordinary and threatening circumstances to kill Alexander.

"How can we create an excuse for her? I think the best way is to have jurors look at her and say she is incapable of it, that something must have happened to provoke that violent outburst," he said.

"It's my understanding that they have some evidence that this guy was using her, so the challenege I think is one, to focus on personality, show likeability. And two, to show this guy a jerk," McDonald said. "Tough with his family loading into the courtroom every day, riveted with emotion. That will be hard."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:08 am

I have searched the web and other than what I posted, there is nothing that says Jodi Arias tried to get a plea deal. I think NG needs to be "called out" on this. MOO.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 am

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.

We are live here, Phoenix, Arizona. Just behind me, Jodi Arias`s jail cell. Tonight, inside the jail.

Bombshell tonight. As we touch down in Phoenix, Arizona, we learn Arias tries desperately to plead guilty to murder two for a very light sentence. Prosecutors say, No way, Arias.

Everyone, joining me tonight specially, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the sheriff that runs the jail in which Arias is housed. But as we touch down and make our way to the jail tonight, we learn that Arias tries desperately to take a guilty plea.

Yes, she wants to plead guilty to murder two in the stabbing and shooting death of Travis Alexander, but she wants a light sentence, and the prosecution says no. This as an explosive day in the courtroom.

Straight out to Beth Karas. Beth, what happened?

BETH KARAS, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": Well, she was going to plead to second degree murder, but that carries 10 to 22 years, and that was not going to happen. The state is seeking death.

snipped:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 8 Empty Jodi Arias Trial ~ LIVE, Video

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 am

In Session
Court is scheduled to begin at 12: 15 p.m. ET. They will begin with a state witness in the prosecutorial misconduct hearing. After that the defense will begin its case.

Watching TrueTV..they are saying JA may testify before the experts. It's starting soon.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:25 am

Yup, Vinnie Politan thinks Jodi may be the first witness called today. Could he just be teasing us to get us to stay tuned. thinking
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 am

This Gus is going to take up the whole morning. They're just wasting time explaining the pyramid scheme that is Prepaid Legal. I think the purpose of this is to get the jury to like & trust Gus, because he's being so jovial here.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 am

BJ wrote:Yup, Vinnie Politan thinks Jodi may be the first witness called today. Could he just be teasing us to get us to stay tuned. thinking
He said she may take the stand before the Experts. Maybe the DV expert? And, WHY does InSession take a break just when they are getting to WHY the witness is there???

Watching it LIVE also here:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:53 am

I think NG used her usual 'BOMBSHELL' tactic reporting that Jody would have plead guilty to second degree murder. PERFECT example of why I loathe that woman and watching her show. If it can't be backed up anywhere but on her show, it isn't true. JMOO. And just sayin.....
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 am

Could not agree more!!

Am trying to find a station that is airing this LIVE that is louder. Please post if you find one.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Triangle, circle, who cares??? This guy on the stand is a smart azz. Doubt JA would ever put the moves on him. Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm

I think the state wants to show that prepaid legal is similar to a pyramid scheme to somewhat discredit it and this guy, maybe? That's why all the discussion of pyramids and triangles.

Gus is so argumentative. He can't answer a simple yes or no to save his life. He's so into talking about how great he is, how rich he is, what a wonderful mentor he is. Ugh.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Did I hear this correctly? Did the jury ask if this idiot ever "helped" anyone else in the business???
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:57 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
samgoodwin wrote:This one has good audio:
thank you
Yes, thank you Sam. All I am getting on it is news thou'. confused
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:11 pm

They're on lunch break right now, Raine. It's be back at 1:30 AZ time.

Wrap: The juror asked if Chris Hughes ever helped any of Gus's people. The talking heads are making a big deal about that, because Chris Hughes was only quickly mentioned once in Gus's testimony and they're thinking maybe this shows this one juror was watching yesterday's evidentiary hearing where Chris Hughes testified. We'll have to see if the defense makes a big deal of this and an alternate has to replace this juror or not.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks, Sam. Would bet they all watched the news on her.

Hope they don't waste time on this bs. Let's get to the Meat of this case!!

Vinnie and Mike Brooks were saying Jodi is more dressed up today...saying she may testify. I wonder if they w/put her on the stand. That prosecutor tried to rip Searcy a new one..JA would be toast up there.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 pm

I just hope the jury doesn't get turned off by the prosecutor being so "on the attack" of the witness. I like this prosecutor, but I don't want the jury feeling sorry for the defense witnesses because he is getting so irate with them.

OTOH, I would have been punching Gus out with his sarcastic answers, so maybe he is balancing his emotions ok.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherPony Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Thanks, Sam. Would bet they all watched the news on her.

Hope they don't waste time on this bs. Let's get to the Meat of this case!!

Vinnie and Mike Brooks were saying Jodi is more dressed up today...saying she may testify. I wonder if they w/put her on the stand. That prosecutor tried to rip Searcy a new one..JA would be toast up there.

Yikes completely forgot the trial resumed today -- guess I've been missing some juicy bits so far -- will pickup after the lunch break. At least I'm in the right time zone! eat
FeatherPony
FeatherPony

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 pm

I saw this comment on "the state vs. Jodi Arias" fb site - this explains why the juror asked if Chris ever helped any of Gus's people:

Why would Gus be helping Jodi when Chris was the head of her group. Gus wouldn't be making any money by helping Jodi, Chris would, what would Gus have to gain by helping Jodi? Gee...could that possibly be some sort of sexual payment? Cause I don't see Gus helping anyone else if he wasn't getting something out of it.

Jodi - "well Gus, if you do me the favor of getting me a phone maybe I can do a little favor for you." wink wink.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:05 pm

"Wink Wink" says it all.

So, she had a fight on the phone w/Travis and was crying and shaking. Boo Hoo. He was probably telling her to leave him alone.

LOL, FeatherPony!

The trial w/now be on HLN. Wonder why they switch over??

Sam, I agree about the prosecuter. Sure hope this doesn't turn out like the CA case..the juror's did not like Jeff Ashton.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 - Page 8 Empty Now, it's a "Couple of Years Ago"?? She did NOT say that last night.

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Don't know WHY I cannot get this to embed but it's a must see.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:31 pm

As much as I liked Jeff Ashton, he laughed too much and the jurors saw that as the state laughing at the "little guy" defense lawyer. (IMO) It made Jeff seem cocky.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:39 pm

It would have been nice if Nancy had mentioned last night that that plea Jodi wanted to take was back in 2010. I still wish the jury knew about it tho.

Ahhh, it's back and the guy who lived with Jodi for 4 years is on the stand.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Sam, I agree about the prosecuter. Sure hope this doesn't turn out like the CA case..the juror's did not like Jeff Ashton.
By Wrap
I'm scared this will end up like TLMS's case. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:06 pm

samgoodwin wrote:As much as I liked Jeff Ashton, he laughed too much and the jurors saw that as the state laughing at the "little guy" defense lawyer. (IMO) It made Jeff seem cocky.
Sam, I didn't think so at the time but in reflection I do think Ashton was too confident and unfortunately it showed at times as being cocky. Putting myself into the juror's seat I can see thinking that. Of course that would be the only place I'd agree w/ that jury. JMOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next