Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson

+6
TerryRose
crolsnest
raine1953
Wrapitup
NiteSpinR
samgoodwin
10 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 7 Empty Re: UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson

Post by Slys Hunny Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:40 am

Do we know for sure it wasnt on surveillance cameras or could it be that info just hasnt been released. Knowing the mothers timeline would be helpful. Maybe shes the accomplice they were talking about not that I think she helped kill her but maybe cover it up and or gotten rid of the body?? MOO

Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 7 Empty Re: UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson

Post by PeterfromTexas Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:23 am

What is the info on Tyler's gun?  Is it registered to his mom?  If so, IMO,she should face charges too for leaving the gun available, so her evil and/or crazy son could get it.  In addition, mom should face crimi charges for any illegal drugs or paraphernalia in her house.  If her son had been diagnosed with mental illness and wasn't on his medication  or if he had ever been referred to a doc or counselor for mental health treatment and she didn't take him, she should face jail time.  He was living under her roof and was 17.  He was her responsibility and the crime possibly happened in her home.

That said, Texas is the 49th in mental health care spending.  It's possible that his mom tried to get him some mental health care or an evaluation and the waiting lines were months long for appointments.  Psychiatrists in her area might  not have been taking new patients.  Her insurance might not have covered mental health care and no office would give her an appointment.  Crappy and nonexistent mental health care can kill people.

Last edited by PeterfromTexas on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:26 am

I get your point but who knows what she lived with. Meaning her son. She was a single Mother who had to work, so I'm reserving any judgement on her until we find out the facts about her and what she may have lived with. Even if he lived in her house, we haven't walked in her shoes. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:02 pm

I could NOT agree More, Raine. We can speculate all we want..come up w/our own scenarios. Bottom line, WE DON'T KNOW. That being said, I w/reserve judgement on the mother. Re: TexASS. Peter, you are right on the money re: getting help for mental issues. We can all thank Gov. Perry for that one. He could not care less about TX's kids. I would not say this if I had not resided there a LOT longer than I wanted to. CPS picks and chooses who they will 'help'. This is FACT.

I do not want to hear one more word about what Levaquin treats. We aren't morons here. So, take that someplace else.

The videos that Peter and YOU (you know who you are) are OLD and have been seen. I don't see the point. Color me with an enormous MOO. One more time and you two w/be done here. Got it? Good!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Slys Hunny wrote:Do we know for sure it wasnt on surveillance cameras or could it be that info just hasnt been released. Knowing the mothers timeline would be helpful. Maybe shes the accomplice they were talking about not that I think she helped kill her but maybe cover it up and or gotten rid of the body??  MOO
Maybe. Who really knows what this mother dealt with? We sure don't. I don't CARE that she was on drugs when she was 17. She's NOT 17 now. We have no clue what she endured, what drugs she was allegedly on. IF and I say IF she covered this up..well Yes...she needs to be held accountable. 'Adam Lanza' keeps running through my head.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:18 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:off topic 

crolsnest wrote:It also treats STD's. MOO
thank you 
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:27 pm

I really don't want to pass judgement on Tyler's mom either. Even if he had (which I doubt) been diagnosed with mental health issues, she couldn't force meds down him. He obviously has problems with drug and alcohol and who really knows what was up with all the plastic tubing confiscated from the house. Perhaps he was using them for inhalants of some kind?

The gun, in all probability belong to his mom, or perhaps it was stolen. Investigators found a prescription bottle in someone's name and vehicle registration papers in another. It wouldn't be a stretch to think the gun may have come from some vehicle too. Hopefully it's registered to someone. Remember this is Texas, a large majority of residents believe in their Second Amendment rights.

There certainly was a whole bunch of electronic devices in those 2 houses. Heaven only knows what LE is finding in those. I don't doubt they've seen and know a lot more than they are making public.

The thing that struck me about the items seized from the Holder's house was all the condoms. If Tyler has access to all that protection, why didn't he use one to cover his DNA trail? That makes me wonder... was Alanna assaulted inside that house or somewhere else?

Also wondering which vehicle Tyler was driving regularly? We've heard that his vehicle didn't leave the driveway that day, but we've also heard about a truck he drove that was not at his residence. Is it the red truck with a green splash mark on the side?

This case leaves me with all kinds of speculative questions.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:02 pm

In total agreement with every word you posted, Nite.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crolsnest Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:40 pm

crolsnest wrote:Now that the killer of Alanna Gallagher has been shot and arrested what went down in his life to do such a terrible act on a neighbors kid. Two doors down from where a child use to play and visit her friends on a quite small town street in Saginaw, Texas. Was Tyler a timebomb waiting to go off or did his wild side take the better of him and lose his temper at someone in the Gallagher home. Did someone one in Alanna's home confront Tyler before this crime took place. It's starting to sound like a murder of malice. To get even with someone in that household for something he didn't like so he decided to get his justice by killing their kid.  
The street he put her body on. Was that the route Karl, Laura or Miles took to get to their house? For them to see the tarp on the side of the road? I say this because he didn't hide the body. He didn't take it far from their house, he did it in broad daylight and announced to neighbors that it was Alanna before it was even know who it was. MOO Almost as if he was bragging. He made his presence after the Gallaghers learned their daughter was dead by pacing up and down the sidewalk. As if he felt he had evened the score. MOO. He goes to the vigil wearing a wanted shirt. Another way of showing his malice towards that family. It's very clear he had a score to settle with the Gallaghers when he returned to their home and set Karls car on fire. Karl mentions in the last on line interview that he saw the kid walking around at night. Which leads me to think that Tyler had been in Laura's van and removed items with it. Was he trying to set the Gallaghers up for the murder of their daughter. Using the red duct tape, toilet paper roll, tarp as were in Laura's van after they just got back from Church Camp. Tyler writes his mother a letter on the day the warrant and attempted arrest. I'm sorry. I love you mom. Suicide by cop was his goal. Just my opinion but it sure looks like vengeance against the family who had a confrontation with one of the family members of that house and he sought out revenge and took it out on Alanna. MOO~EIEIO

Was it a Hate crime

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

crolsnest

Back to top Go down

Post by crolsnest Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Come to find out, they've been targeted by 17-year-old Tyler Holder in the past, claiming that the 17-year-old suspect vandalized their home previously by egging it and slashing the tires of their vehicles. This comes just days after their car and a memorial to their murdered daughter were set on fire -- presumably by the deeply troubled teen. It appears that Holder has displayed a pattern of contempt toward Karl Gallagher, Laura Gallagher and Miles McDaniel -- a family of one woman, her two husbands and their offspring. Is it at all possible that Holder targeted this family, and their innocent child, out of hatred for their familial arrangement?

I left off the source. Sorry about that

Last edited by crolsnest on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

crolsnest

Back to top Go down

Post by crolsnest Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:59 pm

samgoodwin wrote:OMG, I don't even want to know what some of this stuff was there for! Various ladies underwear and pink lace thong, lots of condoms, lots of toilet paper rolls, piece of garden hose, some sort of tubing... eeuuww.

Either clothes from girlfriends or he cross dressed. moo

crolsnest

Back to top Go down

Post by crolsnest Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:28 pm

raine1953 wrote:I agree with you Sam. But I cannot even think about that hose!!!! no no run for the hills Eeewww affraid Barf

Could the hose have been used as a bong?

crolsnest

Back to top Go down

Post by crolsnest Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Body language says a lot with this trio. When I mentioned the video of Karl, the one at the park his body language to me was saying, What the hell have I done. It's very clear that Tyler was after Karl. I'm sure the other two were the kids motive as well but the anger and revenge seems to be directed towards Karl. In almost every interview Miles keeps a low profile. He did one interview after his police question session and seemed more worried about what Karl and Laura were telling police and if the police was trying to cross reference their stories. This kid stabbed the Gallaghers car tires and egged their house. No police report of this or was there? I just don't understand Miles and Laura's where about after she went to the neighbors house to play. Will those two develop a timeline to explain how it was they didn't check on the child by two hours at least?

crolsnest

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:05 pm

crolsnest wrote:Come to find out, they've been targeted by 17-year-old Tyler Holder in the past, claiming that the 17-year-old suspect vandalized their home previously by egging it and slashing the tires of their vehicles. This comes just days after their car and a memorial to their murdered daughter were set on fire -- presumably by the deeply troubled teen. It appears that Holder has displayed a pattern of contempt toward Karl Gallagher, Laura Gallagher and Miles McDaniel -- a family of one woman, her two husbands and their offspring. Is it at all possible that Holder targeted this family, and their innocent child, out of hatred for their familial arrangement?
Can you please offer a link to back this up? "Come to find out" doesn't fly here. Thanks in advance.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Will those two develop a timeline to explain how it was they didn't check on the child by two hours at least?
You can bet they have and the feds aren't releasing it.
Re: 'using the hose as a bong.' Interesting. Hopefully, he was using more than one hose. Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
crolsnest wrote:Come to find out, they've been targeted by 17-year-old Tyler Holder in the past, claiming that the 17-year-old suspect vandalized their home previously by egging it and slashing the tires of their vehicles. This comes just days after their car and a memorial to their murdered daughter were set on fire -- presumably by the deeply troubled teen. It appears that Holder has displayed a pattern of contempt toward Karl Gallagher, Laura Gallagher and Miles McDaniel -- a family of one woman, her two husbands and their offspring. Is it at all possible that Holder targeted this family, and their innocent child, out of hatred for their familial arrangement?
Can you please offer a link to back this up? "Come to find out" doesn't fly here. Thanks in advance.

Wrap Karl talked about these incidents with Holder and their house, in one of the videos up thread. (If I'm not mistaken it's the one the 3 did outside their front door)
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Ya, I know..but w/all the info it would be nice to have a link to refer to.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Karl discussing Holder and vandalism at the Gallagher home can be seen at 4:49
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 7 Empty Residents On Quiet Saginaw Street Troubled That Accused Killer Was A Neighbor

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:33 am

27 July 2013

SAGINAW — The residents of Babbling Brook Drive noticed two people who roamed the street by themselves.

One should not have been alone. She was little Alanna Gallagher, a gregarious, auburn-haired 6-year-old girl who liked Veggie Tales and the color purple, but who also used a mature vocabulary and knew of “stranger danger.”

The other one was to be avoided. He was Tyler Lane Holder, a 17-year-old boy who wore dreadlocks and a bandanna and was known as the neighborhood troublemaker.

On the afternoon of July 1, police say, their paths collided. Hours later, neighborhood boys found Alanna’s bound body in a trash bag wrapped in a tarp with a belt. She had been raped and suffocated.

Interviews with neighbors, friends and relatives of Alanna and Holder portray a once-safe community fractured by the traumatic events of recent weeks, including a shootout that wounded Holder and an Arlington officer as authorities tried to arrest Holder on Tuesday morning.

A police search of the Gallagher home within hours of Alanna’s death fueled questions about Alanna’s parents, a mother and two fathers who are in a polyamorous relationship. But the trio is upfront about their lifestyle and police soon said they were not suspects in the case.

Still, that they allowed their daughter to play outside alone continues to fuel debate among neighbors and on social media.

“I send my 7-pound dog to a forest, he may come back time and time again, but one of those times a wolf is going to get him,” said a resident of Babbling Brook Drive who asked that her name not be published because of concern that other suspects may still be at large. “It’s not going to be safe 100 percent of the time.”

Alanna’s parents did not respond to multiple requests for comment. Her grandmother, Linda McDaniel, said the family had lived in the neighborhood for a decade. They felt comfortable.

“It’s not like they lived in the ghetto,” McDaniel said. “It’s not like there’s criminals around on every corner. They live in a middle-class neighborhood where people go to church and kids go to school and there’s not a lot of crime.”

McDaniel said her son, Miles McDaniel, is Alanna’s biological father. Karl Gallagher, who also lived in the home, is the biological father of Alanna’s older sister and brother, she said.

“They all three parented all three children,” McDaniel said. “That was just the way it was. They just were all co-parents … and they didn’t make any distinction, ‘Oh, this is my kid and this is your kid.’ It was, ‘This is our kids.’”

Holder, who has been charged with capital murder but will not face the death penalty because of his age, remained under police guard at John Peter Smith Hospital, where he was being treated for a gunshot wound to the head. He will be transferred to the Tarrant County Jail when the medical staff allows it.

Fort Worth defense attorney Rose Anna Salinas has been appointed to represent Holder, described by some who knew him as socially awkward and prone to inappropriate and sometimes violent comments. Salinas said on Friday morning that she planned to visit her client later in the day. She declined to comment further and did not return a later message.

Alanna had not even been reported missing when neighborhood boys found her body less than a mile from her home. It was after 7 p.m. on July 1.

Hours earlier, at about 2 p.m., Alanna had left home in search of playmates, as she often did. She knocked at the home of next-door neighbor Russell Staley. She asked to play with his grandson, a toddler.

“She just loves my grandson,” Staley said. “She really wanted to play.”

Staley said the boy couldn’t play then because he was going with Staley’s wife to the mall.

“I’ll be right here when you get back,” Alanna said, according to Staley.

Staley stayed behind to feed their infant granddaughter. As Staley’s wife left the home, she saw Alanna standing in their front yard by the flower beds.

It was the last known time she was seen alive. The next house down is where Holder lived with his mother, Kimberly Holder.

Exactly what happened to Alanna over the next few hours and where it happened is unclear.

The boys who found Alanna spotted a gray tarp wrapped tightly with a brown leather belt at Roundrock Drive and Cindy Lane. They discovered a girl inside and called police.

Her killer had taped four white Wal-Mart bags over her head with red duct tape around her neck. Police believe suffocation is one of the causes of her death.

Alanna’s hands and feet were bound with red duct tape, and she was inside a black trash bag with yellow drawstrings. Also inside the tarp was a roll of toilet paper. Animal hair was found on her body, according to police documents.

Word spread about the grisly discovery, but it was not initially known who was inside the tarp.

Back on Babbling Brook Drive, it wasn’t until about 9:15 that Laura Gallagher flagged down a Saginaw police officer to report her daughter missing, police documents said. It’s unclear whether she knew then about the body discovered nearby.

As neighbors and investigators gathered on Alanna’s street, a teen paced nearby. It was Tyler Holder

“He was acting to me like a caged animal,” said the neighbor who did not want her name used. “He was acting very skittish.”

Witnesses believe he was with one or two other people.

Residents also told police that “Holder was telling them that the body recovered was that of Alanna Gallagher, which had not been revealed yet,” police documents said.

Authorities spent most of the next day, July 2, searching the Gallagher home and cars. As they searched, a teenager was watching from across the street. It was Tyler Holder.

Investigators spoke to Holder at the Saginaw police headquarters and, on July 5, he provided an FBI agent a voluntary DNA mouth swab at his home. The agent also collected hair samples from four of Holder’s dogs. The comparison to the animal hair found on Alanna is being done at an FBI lab in Virginia.

Holder was one of dozens of men and women who provided voluntary DNA samples in the weeks following Alanna’s murder. “Anybody who was voluntarily giving it, we were taking it,” said Damon Ing, Saginaw police spokesman.

Holder’s behavior stood out to some. Media reports indicate Holder showed up to a public memorial for Alanna wearing a T-shirt that said “Wanted.” He also told his ex-girlfriend, Robin Honea, that he wanted to “run away and travel the nation and then kill himself,” she said.

To others, Holder played the role of concerned neighbor. “He could speak of it and sound just as concerned as we were,” Staley said.

DNA match
On July 20, police were notified of a DNA match to evidence from Alanna’s sexual assault and to DNA on the belt found at the scene. The DNA matched that of Tyler Holder.

Before officers went to arrest him three days later, investigators took trash bags from in front of Holder’s house. The bags were similar to the one in which Alanna was found. Inside the bags, police found the same type of duct tape that was on Alanna’s body.

Officers who went to Holder’s door on Tuesday morning asked to speak with him. He declined and pulled a gun when they tried to arrest him on a capital murder charge, police said.

Holder shot Arlington police Officer Charles Lodatto in the groin area and a Saginaw officer shot Holder in the head, police said. It was likely Holder’s final act of terror on Babbling Brook Drive.

Residents and police now say they believe Holder was long causing mischief in the neighborhood.

The only documented Saginaw police incident involved car tires that he was suspected of slashing in 2010 — at the Gallagher home.
“They didn’t have any proof,” McDaniel said. “It was something that was a little suspicious but nothing that you could really say, ‘Oh, he did it.’”

In a search of the Holder home following the shooting, investigators seized more than 100 items. Among them was a sealed note from Holder to his mother. It read: “I love you. I’m sorry.”

Among several outstanding questions for police is whether others were involved in Alanna’s murder. Police have said security video on the north and south ends of Holder’s street did not show his vehicle leaving on the day of Alanna’s death.
“Right now, the investigators are focusing on the question of how did he get her from point A to point B?” Ing said.

Police won’t answer questions about additional suspects, but the FBI said a reward of up to $10,000 remains in place for information on suspects in the case.

For the Gallaghers and their neighbors, fear lingers, along with their struggle to accept that a monster may have been living among them.

“You don’t necessarily think that a neighbor is going to do something to your kid,” McDaniel said. “That is somebody else. That is somebody that you don’t know. That’s the monster that you picture, not a neighbor who’s out with his dog or mowing his yard.”

McDaniel said Alanna wouldn’t have viewed Holder as a threat.

“She was aware of stranger danger,” McDaniel said. “I don’t think she would have thought somebody that she had seen in the neighborhood would have been considered a stranger.”

She cherishes the memories of the little girl who grabbed a microphone and belted out “God is Bigger than the Boogie Man” at her birthday party, or who pretended to be a princess during her last visit to McDaniel’s home.

“It’s just hard to wrap my mind around the fact that my granddaughter’s gone,” McDaniel said. “She was just a little treasure.”

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:56 am

This article says it ALL! It enrages me to think there is a 7hour timespan where the 'parents' had NO clue where she was; that they were so naive/ignorant to think their child..or any child can IN THIS DAY AND AGE, roam the streets safely. This poor little girl with the big heart wanted to play with a toddler. What a little Sweetie! It breaks my heart to even consider what she went through!! NO child should EVER have to endure anything remotely CLOSE to this!

I hope the DA steps up to the plate and charges Holder as an adult. He/She CAN. This is a DP case all.the.way!

Am sickened by this..and want to know what they hell or WHY dog hair was found on her..and who these other 2 peeps were.

Thank YOU, Nite!

Electric Chair Electric Chair Electric Chair Electric Chair Electric Chair RIP cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 am

McDaniel said her son, Miles McDaniel, is Alanna’s biological father. Karl Gallagher, who also lived in the home, is the biological father of Alanna’s older sister and brother, she said.

“They all three parented all three children,” McDaniel said. “That was just the way it was. They just were all co-parents … and they didn’t make any distinction, ‘Oh, this is my kid and this is your kid.’ It was, ‘This is our kids.’”
Why is Alanna's last name Gallagher if Miles McDaniel is her father? I don't recall hearing this before.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Alanna's name is Gallagher because Laura is legally married to Karl and his name is probably listed on the BC. Miles is her bio dad, they are not legally married.
Wrap the article states that because of Tyler's age he will not face the DP. I'm not sure that still applies if he gets charged as an adult.
The article answered several of the questions I had. "Where are the cameras?", "Is he still hospitalized?", "How soon was Tyler on LE's radar?", "Were there formal vandalism charges filed against Tyler for slashing the Gallagher's tires?"
I have more questions but the article did put a dent in it.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Wrap, Tyler had a couple of dogs which LE took hair samples of. I'm pretty sure they matched the hair on Allana to those. I'll try and find the link.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Wrapitup wrote:By Eric Nicholson Wed., Jul. 24 2013 at 6:00 AM

The smoke has cleared since gunfire erupted on Babbling Brook Drive in Saginaw as police executed a search warrant on 17-year-old Tyler Holder, the teen accused of murdering 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher. Holder is reportedly in critical condition at a local hospital, and the police officer who was shot, identified yesterday afternoon as Charles Lodatto, is recovering after taking a bullet to the groin. And with the release of Holder's arrest affidavit yesterday, we have a clearer picture of what happened to Gallagher and how the investigation unfolded.

Gallagher's body, clad only in purple underwear, stripped and wrapped in a silver tarp, was discovered by a group of teenagers about a mile from her house on July 1. Her wrists and ankles had been bound with red duct tape, which had also been used to secure four plastic bags from Wal Mart over her head, according to The Morning News, which has the most extensive report. The tarp was cinched tight using a belt.

Suspicions fell almost immediately on Holder. Saginaw police noticed him on the night of the murder, pacing up and down the sidewalk. The next day, he stared from across the street as they searched the Gallagher home, two doors from his own.

Holder, interviewed early in the investigation, told police that he'd woken up about 2 p.m. on the day of the murder, according to the News. He'd watched some TV, then went to apply for a new job, having recently been fired from Sonic. He said he hadn't interacted with his 6-year-old neighbor on the day in question.

A mounting body of evidence suggested otherwise. Police scanned surveillance video taken from either end of Babbling Brook Drive, which belied his claim he'd driven off that day in search of a job. Then there was the silver tarp a neighbor remembered covering a wood pile in the Holder backyard, which he denied had ever been there.

The FBI brought him in for an interview on July 5, four days after Gallagher's murder. He continued to deny his involvement in the case and volunteered to provide agents with a DNA sample, which came back as a match for evidence taken from Gallagher's body and the belt that secured the tarp. Hair belonging to the Holder family dog was also found on the tarp. Investigators are still awaiting the results of additional tests, according to CBS 11, but were confident enough to make the arrest.

In the aftermath of the arrest, local media outlets interviewed neighbors and former classmates and scoured his weed-referencing Facebook page in search of an explanation for Holder's behavior.

Here's CBS 11:

Parent Lisa Arnold lives in the same Saginaw neighborhood and has known Holder since he was in 5th grade. She describes him as a trouble maker and says she tried to keep her kids away from him.

"He came over. Sometimes he seemed fine, and then he would ask my kids about drugs in the 5th grade. And that's when I told him he needed to stay away," she said.

Arnold remembers talking to Holder on the street as neighbors gathered the night Gallagher's body was found. She says he acted pleasant and casual, as if nothing had happened.

And WFAA:

Within days of Alana Gallagher's murder, 16-year-old Mikayla Dawson received an odd text message. It had been years since she had heard from Tyler Holder, a boy she went to middle school with. "I remember he was a troublemaker," she said.
In the texts, Holder asked Mikayla what she's been up to. She responded, "Oh, nothing."

"And he said, 'Yeah, same. I've just been getting into trouble... the usual,'" she recalled.

Mikayla did not reply to that last text, but now wonders what could have happened if she did.

"I wonder if he would've told me, and I could've helped solve this faster," she said.

The Morning News, which describes Holder as "a socially awkward teen who carried knives, joked about rape and made people uneasy," also quotes Dawson.

"He was the kid that you were always really nice to because you didn't know if he was going to come shoot up the school," she told the paper. "He was an angry person."

The report continues:

Lauren Allen, 15, recalled a confrontation between her older brother and Holder a few years ago after a rare snowfall. Her brother built a snowman, and Holder poured water on it, ruining it, she said.

Lauren's brother threw a snowball at Holder, who "just turned around and pulled out his pocket knife," she said.

"He was weird and creepy, and he's been violent in the past," Lauren said.

Cassie Hustede, 20, dated Holder off and on until earlier this year. She is in a Tarrant County jail on a burglary charge, but her mother, Patricia Hustede, said that she had concerns about Holder.

"I said to Cassie, 'There's something bad about him -- keep him away from my house,'" Hustede said.

In conclusion, Holder was an extremely creepy kid who gave neighbors an ill-defined sense of unease. Pretty much every neighborhood seems to have one of those. Most don't grow into rapists and murderers. It's easy to go back and see the signs now, but there are no easy explanations in a case like this.

Wrap here's a post where you highlighted the part about the dog hair and the link you provided.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Yes, I remember that but I am Still wondering how the dog hair got on Allana..what specifically transpired is what I mean..and Yes..I completely get it that the DA CAN and BETTER charge his sorry ass as an adult. Especially since they w/get him for not only brutally murdering and raping a child but for attempted murder on LE.

I probably wasn't crystal clear that I Knew these things when I posted over there as I had just woken up and honestly, I was crying over thinking what that poor baby went through. Just HORRIFIC!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:25 pm

The dog hairs were found on the tarp she was wrapped in. The tarp supposedly came from his back yard where the dogs were kept.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:30 pm

I know but it still seems strange to me that they would find dog hair on a tarp. Guess living in FL that wouldn't happen due to all the rain we get. Have to remember how it is in TX w/no rain and horrific hot weather.......
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crolsnest Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Wrapitup wrote:This article says it ALL! It enrages me to think there is a 7hour timespan where the 'parents' had NO clue where she was; that they were so naive/ignorant to think their child..or any child can IN THIS DAY AND AGE, roam the streets safely. This poor little girl with the big heart wanted to play with a toddler. What a little Sweetie! It breaks my heart to even consider what she went through!! NO child should EVER have to endure anything remotely CLOSE to this!

I hope the DA steps up to the plate and charges Holder as an adult. He/She CAN. This is a DP case all.the.way!

Am sickened by this..and want to know what they hell or WHY dog hair was found on her..and who these other 2 peeps were.

Thank YOU, Nite!

Electric Chair Electric Chair Electric Chair Electric Chair Electric Chair RIP cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain cryingagain

Is it possible Tyler Holder's dog was outside or at the door and Alanna ask Tyler if she could go inside and play with the dog. It was his dogs hair that was found on the tarp. MOO

crolsnest

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:56 pm

If the tarp was outside as was stated somewhere above then I'd be willing to bet that's exactly how the dogs hair got on it. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I wonder if she had dog hair on her hands/nails/under her nails..like she was petting his dogs...his way of making her feel safe? IDK, just a thought.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Pet hair is usually everywhere if you have pets. It sounded like Tyler didn't clean out his room a whole lot, so there may have just been a lot of dog hair on everything too. You'd think a dog would have stopped him from hurting a child??
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:09 am

I get a weird vibe about the dogs..don't know why. Enough said!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 am

Wrap, re: dogs.... over thinking again! omg 
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:28 am

samgoodwin wrote:Pet hair is usually everywhere if you have pets. It sounded like Tyler didn't clean out his room a whole lot, so there may have just been a lot of dog hair on everything too. You'd think a dog would have stopped him from hurting a child??
I've only have two cats, both inside only, both short hair. If I put on anything black, it's right before I walk out the door as I still have cat hair on it that way! And I vacuum all the time!
Re: dog stopping him from hurting the child. I think it just depends on the dog. My last dog would have probably led someone right to me, licking his hand all the way!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:28 am

LOLOLOL. IDK, ever since I read about the dogs I got a sick feeling in my stomach. Can't explain it and don't Want to think about it.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:32 am

And I'm not even going to try to figure it out.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 7 Empty New Details of Alanna Gallagher Murder Suspect Tyler Holden Will Give You the Chills

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:31 pm

7/29/2013
New information is coming out about 17-year-old Tyler Holder, the teen suspect in the horrific murder of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher, who was found naked and bound under a tarp in the middle of the street in Saginaw, Texas. Holder was shot in the head after he opened fire on police as they tried to serve a warrant for his arrest after DNA evidence recovered from Gallagher's body matched Holder's. Holder remains in critical condition in the hospital.

Shocking details have emerged about Holder -- including that he was the main suspect from the beginning because of his reputation as a troublemaker in the neighborhood and because he told neighbors that the body in the street belonged to Alanna before anyone else knew. But other sordid details have emerged -- including that Holder had written a letter of apology.

The letter, which cops found in his home, was not to Alanna nor to Alanna's family, but to his own mother. Reportedly, it said: "I love you, I'm sorry." A statement that surely will be argued as an admission of guilt if the case reaches trial.

Other details:

- Children's jewelry was found in Tyler's room, including a purple Timex watch with pink and green flowers on it and girls' necklaces and jewelry. No word if these items belonged to Alanna, but it's scary to think there might be other victims out there.

- Holder's journal was taken from the home -- let's hope he likes to scribble down his actions so prosecutors will have more evidence.

- During an interview with police, Holder admitted having sex with other men. They also found a picture on his cellphone of him and a garden hose "in a sexual position."

- Holder apparently loved weapons, carving knives, and making "sick jokes."

- A schoolmate remembers him as the type of person you'd be nice to for fear he would come "shoot up the school" someday.

While in retrospect, this makes you wonder WHY this kid was left to roam around a neighborhood where he could allegedly kill a little girl, the majority of it is stuff teens and adults do every day and never kill anyone. With his green hair, love of pot, bad boy tendencies, and sick jokes, he could be any idiot in any town. What made him take it so much further, into murderous territory, if he did it? No one will know the answer to that unless he recovers from his gunshot wound and starts talking. And even then he'll probably lie.

Media sources are still referring to Holder's injury as a gun shot wound to the HEAD not the FACE.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Saginaw Fire Department Lt. Brian Meroney had double the usual staff at the station that morning. Paramedic Tim Penic sat parked in his MedStar ambulance when the radio went off — an officer had been shot three miles away at the home of a suspect in the murder of a 6-year-old Saginaw girl.
The resources and timing couldn’t have been better for the horrific scene they encountered on Babbling Brook Drive last week. Blood splattered the ceiling, officers ripped blinds off windows for light and Arlington police Officer Charles Lodatto lay wounded in a pool of blood. Responders are credited with saving his life.
“Everything fell in the right place at the right time,” Meroney said. “Not only did we capture a wanted suspect, we saved a life of a police officer willing to lay his life down for justice.”
The gruesome events began nearly one month ago when Alanna Gallagher’s body was found a mile from her home.
On Tuesday, a brief gunbattle broke out, capping a 23-day investigation.
When FBI Special Agent Andy Farrell, Saginaw police Detective Robert Richardson and Lodatto arrived at the home of Tyler Holder with an arrest warrant, the 17-year-old pulled a gun. Holder shot Lodatto in the groin. Richardson then shot Holder in the head.
It became a chaotic rush for survival.
The two lay wounded in the same dimly lit living room, while Richardson applied direct pressure to Lodatto’s severed femoral artery.
Richardson cannot talk about the day’s events because of the pending investigation. But the other responders speak highly of his actions.
“The hero in this whole ordeal was that Saginaw detective holding that pressure and buying us time to get there,” Meroney said.
Meroney split his crew between Lodatto and Holder, then ripped off Lodatto’s pants to get to his wound and used a leather belt as a makeshift tourniquet.
“I’m going to watch this guy die in front of me,” he said he thought while working on Lodatto.
Penic arrived on the surreal scene, where more than 10 people were crowded into a 12-by-10-foot room, about six minutes later.
“You walk from a bright sunny day and into a dark room and a lot of people are yelling and it’s not very lit,” Penic said. “You have to make very quick decisions.”
Penic said Holder, who was handcuffed and bleeding from the nose and mouth after being shot beneath the chin, was not cooperative, spitting at firefighters trying to take care of him.
Lodatto looked gray from extreme blood loss — a bad sign — so he was transported out of the house first.
“I’ve seen worse,” Penic said. “But I was very concerned.”
At one point, Lodatto — conscious, but not always coherent — became worried that he’d gotten blood on Penic’s pants. He said, “Man, I hope that comes out,” Penic recalled.
As they moved Lodatto to the ambulance on a backboard, a second ambulance arrived to transport Holder. It took about six minutes, Penic said.
Because of the first responders’ fast-thinking, Lodatto was doing “really well” and “continues to improve day by day” at a Fort Worth Hospital and has been moved out of the ICU and into his own room, according to Tiara Richard, spokeswoman for the Arlington Police Department.
But the responders aren’t quick to take any credit.
“We don’t want all of the limelight and the attention,” Meroney said. “There were so many people that played a part and are the reasons why Charles is going to walk out of the hospital and go back to full duty.”
And they stress the importance of remembering the tragic murder of a child.
“All of this happened because a tragedy happened to a little girl,” Penic said. “So for us, it’s great we got to do our thing and those police officers are heroes and all, but everybody’s got to remember that this is all for that little girl.”

samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Unreal this kid! Spitting at the officers? Could that be b/c he got shot in the chin or was he Still being uncooperative? And Lodatto was shot in the groin. Why do I get the impression he MAY (conjecture warning here) have been going for Lodatto's penis?? He could have very well shot him in the chest or head. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:41 pm

That was my thought too, Wrap. I think the officer who was there with him would know the difference between someone spitting out blood because he'd been shot in the chin, and someone being a jerk. JMO.

This report sounds more like Tyler was shot under the chin, maybe from below, because blood was coming out of his mouth and nose. ugh. That had to really hurt! (No more than the groin shot though.)
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:40 pm

I think Holder was acting that way (spitting blood) because he was hoping to be shot and killed and that didn't happen. One doesn't shoot at a Police Officer and expect to survive after that.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:53 pm

It sounds to me as if they shot him lower (not in the brain) on purpose to keep him alive. Maybe so they could get the story out of him.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by crolsnest Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I wonder if she had dog hair on her hands/nails/under her nails..like she was petting his dogs...his way of making her feel safe? IDK, just a thought.

In my opinion I Think the dogs are how he lured her into the house. Remember the neighbor, the grandmother who was taking Alanna's playmate to the mall with her backed out of the drive way and said Alanna was standing by the flower beds. She tells the toddle that she will wait for him to get back. Grandfather is feeding the infant baby in the house so Alanna can't go in and has no one to play with. Alanna wouldn't have thought of him as a stranger because he was the neighbor who lived two doors down. It would have been very easy for him to get her to go inside with him. Wanna play with the dogs. Want a drink. No neighbors outside, no one looking so he jumps on the chance to carry out killing that baby. That's how I see it happening. moo

crolsnest

Back to top Go down

Post by crolsnest Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:43 pm

samgoodwin wrote:That was my thought too, Wrap. I think the officer who was there with him would know the difference between someone spitting out blood because he'd been shot in the chin, and someone being a jerk. JMO.

This report sounds more like Tyler was shot under the chin, maybe from below, because blood was coming out of his mouth and nose. ugh. That had to really hurt! (No more than the groin shot though.)

I bet that bullet took out some teeth. Air over nerves. Ouchie. Wonder what the story is on his mother and if she knew there was a warrant out for him why she didn't stay there with him and help the police take him in. Strange that she got her a lawyer very quickly. Can't imagine the mother going back to live in that house. I hope no one ever moves in that house after this.
I don't see how anyone could. if I was in the Gallagher shoes I would relocate because every time they walk out that door they will have a painful reminder of the murder of their daughter. Hopefully their time line will clear some things up about when all this took place.

crolsnest

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:44 pm

crolsnest wrote:
Wrapitup wrote:I wonder if she had dog hair on her hands/nails/under her nails..like she was petting his dogs...his way of making her feel safe? IDK, just a thought.

In my opinion I Think the dogs are how he lured her into the house. Remember the neighbor, the grandmother who was taking Alanna's playmate to the mall with her backed out of the drive way and said Alanna was standing by the flower beds. She tells the toddle that she will wait for him to get back. Grandfather is feeding the infant baby in the house so Alanna can't go in and has no one to play with. Alanna wouldn't have thought of him as a stranger because he was the neighbor who lived two doors down. It would have been very easy for him to get her to go inside with him. Wanna play with the dogs. Want a drink. No neighbors outside, no one looking so he jumps on the chance to carry out killing that baby. That's how I see it happening.  moo
I think you may be on to something. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:47 pm

crolsnest wrote:
samgoodwin wrote:That was my thought too, Wrap. I think the officer who was there with him would know the difference between someone spitting out blood because he'd been shot in the chin, and someone being a jerk. JMO.

I bet that bullet took out some teeth. Air over nerves. Ouchie. Wonder what the story is on his mother and if she knew there was a warrant out for him why she didn't stay there with him and help the police take him in. Strange that she got her a lawyer very quickly. Can't imagine the mother going back to live in that house. I hope no one ever moves in that house after this.
I don't see how anyone could. if I was in the Gallagher shoes I would relocate because every time they walk out that door they will have a painful reminder of the murder of their daughter. Hopefully their time line will clear some things up about when all this took place.
BBM I highly Doubt the mother KNEW there was a warrant. This is the Feds we're talking about..it's not like they are going to let Anyone know. Who knows why she got a lawyer? I found it strange, too. I agree..cannot imagine living in that home..and also agree about the G's moving. I think there timeline IS clear. Clear as MUD to US but NOT to the Feds. MOO again.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:17 pm

I agree he probably did use the dogs to get her inside his house.
Here's what stands out to me in this picture of Tyler...

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 7 A57

As far as the shot under the chin. I bet the Officer who wounded him took any available shot before he continued shooting at the other Officers or before he could turn the gun on himself.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next