Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

+12
raine1953
charminglane
adelacruz
TerryRose
Bombshell
Heike
Nama
laga
artgal16
lisette
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
16 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 4 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by laga Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:02 pm

raine1953 wrote:
Wrapitup wrote:Raine, you're welcome! I know you're enjoying your little ones!!
I am enjoying them but I so want to listen to the testimony! Maybe when Sebastian takes a nap but by then court will be over.

You might be better off Raine, you might find yourself throwing things at your tv or using words you would never let little Sebastian hear. Know what I mean..... la la la frying pan

laga

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 4 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by cherylz Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Just reading about this AM now. There was some blood on Caylee's shirt, the laundry bag and the blanket? Could it have been old blood from prior to this incident?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Baez will again be throwing excement against the wall to see what sticks - Ashton like a bulldog read to bite
him if he goes outside the lines - believe me the defense is going to try to take a lot of people down with them.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:48 pm

cherylz wrote:Just reading about this AM now. There was some blood on Caylee's shirt, the laundry bag and the blanket? Could it have been old blood from prior to this incident?

They have not said if the blood was old or prior. Sorry I know that reading that was a shock since it was never released to the public that I know about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Witness says DNA contained in Caylee sample could not have originated as biological offspring from sample of Lee Anthony.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:55 pm

Ashton gets FBI expert to admit all her tests can say is that there wan't blood. There could have been other bodily fluids, Ashton trying to make point absence of blood does not rule out presence of decomp fluids also explains lack of DNA.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:14 pm

I have been unable to follow today. But I caught the dna not matching Lee. I don't know why the fatherhood DNA issue would be so in doubt. If they have any doubt at all about DNA decomposition, they could have summoned the paternity test that Jesse Grund had done when Caylee was alive. JMO. I will have to catch up later tonight.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Baez is doing the very best he can for Casey. Casey killed Caylee and most of us are sure of it. But...in America everybody is entitled to this defense.

One thing I will say for Baez is this. He has stuck by Casey when everybody else listened and left the team. Why is that? Because I believe they thought her guilty as hell.

But Baez stayed the course. He has been ridiculed this whole, entire three years but he has never given up.

Is he the best..heck no. Is he better than a public defender..I think yes.

I love our country and I also love the chance to be found guilty or innocent by a jury of your peers.

This is the process folks. Like Baez or not he is doing his "thang" for his client.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:52 pm

I recessed at the lunch break and need to go back and watch what happened this afternoon.

The morning was Ho Hum but various talking heads seem to think Baez is making some headway for the defense.

Actually I was bored to death. The CSI guy must have not looked at his notes before trial.

Baez used way too much time on the DNA when questions that mattered could have been addressed in much less time.

Making the jury sit through long, drawn out information is not a good thing. Don't make the jury mad.

By now I am sure the members of the jury are quite sure of themselves and know the part they are playing in this important case.

Move along little doggie!

By the way. Ashton is known for his "temper tantrams" I posted links up thread. I think JP was reining him in.

Speaking of which JP is really "the man" for this case. He is very good, very smart and very in tune.

I think he is giving the defense plenty of latitude to avoid appeals.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Anchors are making a huge deal of Baez bringing forth the paternity issue, stating that the jury will question why they performed the test, supporting his opening theory of abuse. I don't think if I was on the jury I would think that way. I would just figure that the father was unknown, dysfunctional family already being suggested, and perhaps it would be valuable to know for sure the father was not her own family. They think it is a big score for defense, I do not.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Actually I have always wondered who Caylee Anthonys father was.

I would like to know when they tested Lee? Was it around the time Casey wrote the jailhouse letters to the other gal in jail?

Is that what triggered it.

Honestly I think all of this is to get the jury thinking about things other than the truth. Which the State presented very well.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Does KC's demeanor seem diff. to anyone else now that defense has started their case?
Bombshell
Bombshell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm

OCSO Crime Scene Investigator Jennifer Welch called by defense. She is the photographer. This is the 4 th time Welch has been called to testify.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm

TerryRose wrote:Anchors are making a huge deal of Baez bringing forth the paternity issue, stating that the jury will question why they performed the test, supporting his opening theory of abuse. I don't think if I was on the jury I would think that way. I would just figure that the father was unknown, dysfunctional family already being suggested, and perhaps it would be valuable to know for sure the father was not her own family. They think it is a big score for defense, I do not.

TR, the big deal is that bozo asked the question as though it was in evidence (it is NOT) that there was a PATERNITY test done on Lee. The facts are there was sa DNA test done on all anthonys and the DNA did exclude lee as the father. That is different from someone in LE/FBI believing from some evidence that lee was Caylee's father and then ordering a paternity test. Bozo asked this IMPROPER question giving the impression to the jury, without having to offer proof of it by calling a FBI/LE agent to say they did in fact order the paternity test, because that did not happen. JP asked that the attys read cases about "good faith" questions.

Bozo is the one who is morally and ethically bankrupt. He is NOT doing the best he can for his client, if he were he would have insisted she take the plea deal offered. This defense STINKS! JMO, but my sense of smell is very keen!

Last edited by laga on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:38 pm

What if a plea was offered and Casey refused?

Put her foot down and waved her little fisties!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Bombshell wrote:Does KC's demeanor seem diff. to anyone else now that defense has started their case?

Yes, she looks smug.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Ah...so on the Stand now is the FBI agent that contanimated the tape. I am so unimpressed w/ her. She seems to have an expressive aphasia.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Cary Oien works in the FBI crime lab. Oien outlines his education/training. Has testified as expert in trace (hair/fiber) evidence. Court accepts as expert.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Judge Eaton saying again Baez did a good job on the defense. I dont see why but Im prejudiced!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:31 pm

I missed the last couple of witnesses. What is the difference in calling a witness for direct and doing a cross examination? Seems like the defense could have gotten these questions answered on cross when the state called them. ??????????
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:33 pm

cherylz wrote:Ah...so on the Stand now is the FBI agent that contanimated the tape. I am so unimpressed w/ her. She seems to have an expressive aphasia.

I had to look that up ...and, I agree! I agree
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Well the State didnt call the FBI tech whose DNA was found on the duct tape. According to wesh.com most of the spectators were bored as well and many times jury wasnt paying much attention. I think that the defense has to come up with something really spectacular now because I think that the jurors have made up their minds.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 pm

artgal16 wrote:Well the State didnt call the FBI tech whose DNA was found on the duct tape. According to wesh.com most of the spectators were bored as well and many times jury wasnt paying much attention. I think that the defense has to come up with something really spectacular now because I think that the jurors have made up their minds.

True, who was called after her? Did I miss much?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm

One thing I will say for Baez is this. He has stuck by Casey when everybody else listened and left the team. Why is that? Because I believe they thought her guilty as hell.

But Baez stayed the course. He has been ridiculed this whole, entire three years but he has never given up.
After this is all over, fame and Dollar Signs
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:53 pm

Looks like Casey wore the same shirt she wore first day of opening statements.

I literally fell asleep listening to Bozo's voice. He could make a lot of money doing voice over's for sleep cd's. Or hypnosis. :zzzzz: rabbit
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Baez stuck with her because he couldnt get out of it after a certain date - he knew too much about the case it wouldnt have been ethical for him to leave - not that he would want to - in his whole mediocre existence as a lawyer this is the biggest case he will ever get - talk about walking around in you know what and landing in a pot of gold!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:11 pm

by Wrapitup Today at 1:53 pm

Looks like Casey wore the same shirt she wore first day of opening statements.

I literally fell asleep listening to Bozo's voice. He could make a lot of money doing voice over's for sleep cd's. Or hypnosis.

Seriously though. I have been listening everyday on my work computer and I actually had to turn the volume down this morning because he was making me VERY sleepy :zzzzz:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:29 pm

laga wrote:
TerryRose wrote:Anchors are making a huge deal of Baez bringing forth the paternity issue, stating that the jury will question why they performed the test, supporting his opening theory of abuse. I don't think if I was on the jury I would think that way. I would just figure that the father was unknown, dysfunctional family already being suggested, and perhaps it would be valuable to know for sure the father was not her own family. They think it is a big score for defense, I do not.

TR, the big deal is that bozo asked the question as though it was in evidence (it is NOT) that there was a PATERNITY test done on Lee. The facts are there was sa DNA test done on all anthonys and the DNA did exclude lee as the father. That is different from someone in LE/FBI believing from some evidence that lee was Caylee's father and then ordering a paternity test. Bozo asked this IMPROPER question giving the impression to the jury, without having to offer proof of it by calling a FBI/LE agent to say they did in fact order the paternity test, because that did not happen. JP asked that the attys read cases about "good faith" questions.

Bozo is the one who is morally and ethically bankrupt. He is NOT doing the best he can for his client, if he were he would have insisted she take the plea deal offered. This defense STINKS! JMO, but my sense of smell is very keen!

omg I agree, Laga--and to DO what he has done to GA and CA when we KNOW that he KNOWS the defense is a LIE...that is absolutely abherrant and lethally cruel! I would like to put him in here Electric Chair
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:56 pm

I had looked forward to the defense presenting "their side of the story". So far..I am about bored to death.

Are they saving the best til last? They better have something.

That jury has spent the last two and a half days barely moving. Early dismissal on Tues. No court on Wed. Today was boring to everybody and not much new info.
Sidebars, recesses, jury sent out of the room and the elevator broke.

Baez and his team better pick it up. It almost seems to me that he is trying to follow the example of LDB. She was maticulous in her presentation of witnesses and questions.

Baez is no LDB by any means and he has to develope his own style. Otherwise everybody will be bored out of their minds and mad...angry...tired...longing for it to be over.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Did anybody happen to notice my new avatar. It has little Caylee sitting between LDB and Jeff.

It says "Caylees Team". I thought it sweet.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:59 pm

I could not agree more, LM!

Beth Carrus from HLN was in the courtroom and said the juror's looked bored. She did say juror 11 (the teacher) smirked when Bozo was talking about all the trash at the crime scene, as though Bozo were trying to convey to the juror's that the heart shaped sticker was just part of the trash and not part of any evidence. bla bla bla.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Beth Karas did say that juror #11 the lady that didn't want to be on the jury and said she could not judge was writing quite a bit when the defense was questioning the lady from the FBI lab.

She put her pen down when the State asked the same witness questions.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 4 Empty Mistake, Objections Spark Fireworks In Casey Trial

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Posted: 6:12 am EDT June 16, 2011
Updated: 6:26 pm EDT June 16, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The courtroom atmosphere became heated on Thursday as Casey Anthony's defense questioned its second witness during her murder trial. Objections, a defense mistake, and the judge's frustration, created fireworks inside the Orange County courtroom.

Thursday marks day 31, including jury selection, in Casey's murder trial. She's accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. It also marked exactly three years since Caylee disappeared.
DAY 31: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 31
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

IN COURT: Casey, Parents, Lawyers, Witnesses
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Raw Video
VIDEO REPORT: Defense Presents Case
RAW VIDEO: Casey Spectators Release Balloons
FACES OF CASEY: Most Recent To Oldest
EVIDENCE ARCHIVE: Casey Anthony Case
CASEY COVERAGE On Twitter | On Facebook

Casey entered the courtroom after 8:50am, wearing a long-sleeved white sweater and grey pants. She had her hair pulled back in a bun.

The prosecution has already presented its evidence, and on Thursday, jurors looked toward Casey's attorneys to begin delivering on promises they made at the outset to explain why the 25-year-old's child died.

Heather Seubert, a Chief Firearms-Toolmarks Unit at the FBI Laboratory in Virginia, was called as the defense's second witness. Seubert entered as a DNA expert witness.

Seubert, who examined the tape at an FBI lab, told jurors that DNA on the tape did not match the victim, her mother or her grandparents.

Instead, it matched another forensic examiner who analyzed the duct tape.

The trial became heated when the defense questioned Seubert about a shovel that Casey borrowed from a neighbor.

"It's meaningless, it's not relevant," said prosecutor Jeff Ashton.
"Then why is the shovel in evidence?" defense attorney Jose Baez asked.

"It's not relevant because…" Ashton attempted to say.

"Mr. Ashton, Mr. Ashton, calm down. Sit down for a second," said Judge Belvin Perry.

Then, Baez mistakenly asked the witness about a blanket, which was not entered into evidence.

"My apologies, the blanket that was just described is not in evidence. I move to strike," said Baez.

Judge Perry instructed the jury to disregard that part of the testimony.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says those kinds of mistakes hurt the defense's case.

"That kind of mistake is sloppy and it undercuts in the jurors' minds his authority and credibility," Sheaffer said.

However, Ashton became even more frustrated as Baez questioned the witness about who Caylee's potential father may have been.
"Were you asked to conduct a paternity test as to Lee Anthony being the potential father of Caylee Anthony?" Baez asked.

"Objection!" said Ashton. "What is the relevance of that, other than to suggest to the jury that there's some information out there that they haven't seen?"

Even Judge Perry became frustrated as he scolded the defense and the prosecution about the level of their voices.

"I don't have a hearing problem, and the amplification of questions, objections I don't need, OK?" stated Judge Perry."I can hear in normal voices."

Earlier, a crime scene investigator was called to the stand as the defense's first witness. Garardo Bloise, a crime scene investigator for the Orange County Sheriff's Office, has already testified previously in Casey's trial.

Casey's lead attorney Jose Baez began questioning Bloise about Casey's clothes in her bedroom. He said no stains were found on the pants Casey wore on June 16, 2008.

Baez sparked an outburst of laughter from the courtroom when he asked Bloise about whether he talked while processing evidence.

"Do you speak while you're doing this?" Baez asked.

"No," Bloise said.

"Why not?" asked Baez.

"Because I'm by myself," he replied as the court fills with laughter.
Sheaffer says that type of comment may not hurt Baez as much, but he needs to be careful.

"It's not cute and it's not funny when a lawyer starts talking about evidence that is not in evidence," Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer said he doesn't think Casey will testify, but said her attorneys could call her father, George Anthony, as their own witness and may focus on his suicide attempt along with questions about whether he sexually abused Casey.

“Beat him over the head with their questioning, try to raise in the jurors' mind that there's a reasonable doubt that he in fact abused Casey,” said Sheaffer.

The defense showed another crime scene investigator photos of several pieces of trash where Caylee's remains were found, pointing out that they were not tested for evidence.

However, lead prosecutor Linda Drane-Burdick only had one question to ask the investigator.

"Would it be fair to characterize the area where Caylee Marie Anthony's remains were discarded as a trash dump?" Drane-Burdick asked.

"Yes, that's what I would classify it as," replied the crime scene investigator.

The defense is expected to call witnesses for at least two weeks.
Casey is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of lying to law enforcement. She has pleaded not guilty and faces the death penalty if convicted.

The state says Caylee was suffocated by Casey with duct tape. The defense contends she drowned in her grandparents' swimming pool.
Caylee's skeletal remains were found in the woods behind the Anthony home on Suburban Drive in December 2008.

Court will resume on Friday at 9:00am.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 4 Empty George Anthony Calls 911 On Bounty Hunter

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Leonard Padilla Paid Casey Anthony's $500K Bond
POSTED: Thursday, June 16, 2011
UPDATED: 6:23 pm EDT June 16, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- George Anthony called the Orange County Sheriff's Office Wednesday night because the bounty hunter that repeatedly bailed his daughter out of jail was in front of his house with a news crew.

According to the Sheriff's Office call log, Anthony believed he had an order to keep bounty hunter Leonard Padilla away from his home and after contacting his attorney, he called 911 to report that Padilla was in front of his home on Hopespring Drive.

Padilla paid Casey Anthony's $500,00 bond to get her out of jail on child neglect charges in 2008. In recorded jail conversations, Casey Anthony told her parents she needed to get out of jail to help search for her daughter, Caylee.

Padilla has since had a falling out with the Anthony family.

The Sheriff's Office said Padilla and the news crew left the area when deputies arrived.

Casey Anthony, 25, is currently on trial on first-degree murder charges in the death of Caylee. Crews searched for Caylee beginning in July 2008 when she was reported missing. Casey Anthony told law enforcement her toddler had been kidnapped by her nanny.

Caylee's remains were found in December 2008.

In opening statements, the defense said Caylee drowned on June 16, 2008.

Padilla is not on the witness list for the state or the defense.

I wonder why he was there???? And, w/a news crew? Thought he was in Sacramento. If he flew in to Orlando to get some more "fame", I think he is an idiot!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next